Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) Empty
PostSubject: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:32 pm

For all the stories that he'd heard, for all the travels that he'd ever imagined, he'd never expected his first trip to the city to end up quite like this.

The last thing he'd known, he'd been walking through Eirini some more, looking at all the various buildings and trying to write down what notes he had from what he'd seen. As much as seeing them from the sky had been an intense and amazing experience, he wanted to learn all he could about the city and he had been writing down notes, trying to remember everything he possibly could. There was so much he wanted to tell people about the world. He'd gone back onto the main road to look through some of the windows of the fancier shops selling strange and exotic devices, and foodstuffs and books and...

And then some huge noise had ripped the sky open - a noise that all but deafened August right there and then. August had attempted to struggle to his feet, dazed and confused - only to be concurrently near-blinded by the light from what he thought was a bolt of lightning (out of a clearly sunny sky?). "W-wha..." he stammered, but even then before he could properly process what was going on, he heard screams from a crowd and the entire world descended into chaos. Something chilled August, right down to the very marrow of his bones. He wanted to freeze, and somewhere in his mind, he could feel himself think, "I wanna go home..."

But then...something in those words made his mind start to spin.

"Are you telling me that's it? That's honestly it?" August forced his legs back under his control. They were still shaking a little - no, he was shaking all over - but something deeper within him was refusing to let him just give in, forcing him to stand as tall as he could. "After all the effort you've gone to get here, you just give up now, right at the first sign of trouble?!" His mind (was it his mind? He didn't remember any kind of inner voice and he didn't think it would have sounded like this) seemed to shout at him.

The young boy couldn't help but feel it was foolishness, but he blinked, and the world started to come back into focus. "I...I don't want it to end like this. There has to be more to it than this. There has to be." he whispered to himself as he finally processed what happened around him, watching a dream turn into a nightmare.

The city was wrapped in chaos. People were fleeing everywhere. The group he'd been with were nowhere to be found - had they fled as well? As he looked up, the once sunny skies had turned to night...no, not even the night was this dark. Or malevolent. Trying to get his bearings, he looked around...something was off. Well, obviously, things were wrong, but something was even more wrong than he'd first thought...and it felt like something was waiting, just hovering out of the corner of his eye. "What's...there...?" August looked around, trying to tame his panic. It felt like something even darker than the night sky above was watching him...waiting...
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 8:57 pm

It would be obvious right away; from around August's position, he could clearly see various troops scrambling to position, guns firing wildly at black beasts that seemed to seep in from the outside. The usual rosy tint of the barrier was also gone, for some reason, but the greatest concentration of fleeing people came from the central plaza, as they ran towards the castle, towards safety. Some soldiers were holding their own, others seemed to be struggling to coordinate both the escaping people and the creatures that were attacking, but soon after, August would find a mysterious force lifting up his body. If he looked behind himself, he could see a short woman with green hair, a light green aura radiating from her.

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) Tumblr_static_tumblr_static_b0e5kwusah44kkg08o8osw4g0_640

"Kid, what are you doing? Don't you think you should evacuate right now?"

The woman spoke in a bit of a childish tone, but a commanding one. She seemed to be a small child, but it would click in his mind that she was much older than she appeared. Lithely, the greenette walked up to August and pointed to the front.

"Those creatures are coming for you, you gonna let them eat you or something?" She smirked thinly, and from her expression now, August could feel... not malice, but some kind of determination. His inner voice came to him and he could feel it, some unreleased power welling inside, only wanting to be released. What did this mean for the young man? Well, he had to be fast... surely, he had heard of them, the black masked beasts, Sfalma.

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) Tumblr_nxj268WDMM1sfqz8qo1_400

"So, what do you plan on doing, Mister August?"

"Fight or Die?"

OoC Note:

Last edited by Aigis on Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 9:52 pm

August had never seen one of them before. Monsters as black as night, but for their masks - cold, bone white, carved through with crimson red. August involuntarily took a step back - he might not have ever seen one of them before, but even for a farmboy way away from the big city, he'd heard of these monsters from ghost stories as a child, the masked monsters, the cruel animals whom took naughty children away in their sleep and gobbled them up...

"...Sfalma." he whispered. Maybe he'd been too far out, but he'd always thought they were little more than stories to terrify children. Now they were frighteningly real, and attacking the city around him. "How are they...real?" he whispered to himself, as if the world was going to magically give him an answer. Even the guards were struggling against these creatures, what could just a boy possibly do...?

And then he heard a voice from behind him. August spun faster than he thought he could. A strange girl, one he'd never seen before, stood there. Her eyes pierced right through to his soul - to an extent he almost forgot about the Sfalma nearby. "W-who are...?" he started, but the girl ignored him. Somehow, even August realised it was a stupid question to ask, but he wasn't quite sure why yet.

"Eat me...? They..." August started, frightened...but then he looked back at the guards. They were holding the monsters for now, but they couldn't hold all of them back - could they? "I..."

His right hand curled up into a fist. "If...if they get past the guards...they'll hurt people, won't they?" There was something within him, calling on him to stand tall. "They'll...they'll hurt everyone. They'll hurt Ma and Pa...my grandfolks...and lil' Mary...as well as everyone here...I..." His fingernails clenched into his fist, and he stared at the Sfalma. He wasn't sure, but he felt like the same tint in the girl's eyes was somewhere in his own.

"No. I'm scared." August said, and it was true. He could barely stop himself from shaking again. "But I can't let that happen. I won't let it happen. I...I..."

And then, all of a sudden, August felt something within him. And he knew what he was supposed to do. He closed his eyes and focused. It was suddenly like there was nothing else around him, nothing but him...and the force within him. And he spoke out loud with the words that resonated in his heart...

"I art thou...Thou art I...From the sea of thy soul, I come..."

A strong, powerful voice resonated in August's head. "I am Hadrian, and no force shall break us..."

And as August opened his eyes, a card floated above his hand. And August smiled, because right now, he was certain - there was nothing he couldn't accomplish. "They're not...getting past me!" He shouted, and crushed the card in his hand. "Persona!"

A whirlwind of power blasted around him, and behind him something took form - a huge suit of armour, a towering, shining shield in it's left hand and a gleaming sword in it's right. August knew this, even though he hadn't turned around - after all, why wouldn't he know something that was a part of him? He looked down at his hands - and realised...no, he'd already known he was holding a quarterstaff, somehow. His parents had taught him a long time how to use one, just in case he needed to fend off bandits (though it had never happened). Still, he'd enjoyed it so much that from time to time he practiced with one - and this looked and felt exactly like the one he'd spun around so many times at home.

He looekd up. Were the guards still holding out? He looked around, gripping his staff tightly (and then breathing in and relaxing it a little) and looking around. If any Sfalma had gotten past the guards...well, then it'd be up to August to do something about it. "Now...I guess that adventure is really about to get goin'." he thought to himself.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySun Nov 15, 2015 10:37 pm

The greenette smiled slyly, satisfied. It was impressive, for one who had never so much as actually faced these creatures before. "Call me Euny. Looks like one of those things is coming straight for us, oh dear. Best hold them off, right? Don't worry, I have your back." The girl crossed her arms and looked as another horde of Sfalma rushed into the city, a small wolf-like creature jumped forward, away from the large group, and growled, before turning towards August and Euny.

The girl hummed, waiting. "Well, I'll let you take this one on your own." She snapped her fingers and, in only a little flash, a green barrier appeared around the area, preventing other Sfalma from getting to this battle. She would make sure they weren't interrupted during this.

"I am sure you know how to control your other self. If you need tips, go ahead and ask." Euny turned away and let August tend to his fighting now. She wasn't about to get her hands dirty personally, not her. Maybe another time, in a more grievous moment.

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) Jgbf5LN

-PvS Combat is Initiating - Press X in Order to Not Die-

Euny Stats:

Wolf Sfalma:

Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:13 am

Even as the Sfalma charged, August gripped his quarterstaff tight - sure, it might be something like...five onto one, but he'd give it his all if that was what it called for. As they got closer and closer, August briefly heard the words Euny was saying, but didn't quite process them until all of a sudden, a green barrier flashed around his sight, surrounding only himself and one of the Sfalma - which looked like one of the smaller ones of the charging horde. The Sfalma seemed just as confused as August was, but he was too busy worrying about the monster to care about why this was happening.

August watched the Wolf Sfalma carefully - he was worried about Euny, certainly, but he was reasonably certain that if Euny could do this, then she'd have no problem. Better for now that he worried about himself, and what that Wolf was going to do to him if he got too close. It seemed a little risky striking with his quarterstaff when the beast could just as easily tear his arm off...but what about his Persona? It was time to see what they could truly do now. "Let's get it done! Persona!" he called, focusing on attacking the monster.

The mighty suit of armour moved towards the Wolf Sfalma, thrusting it's sword towards the monster, a practiced manuever intending to impale it repeatedly...!

August Stats:

August Actions:
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 12:31 am

Edit: Missed adding in Critical rolls for Double Fangs attack. Adding those in here:

August Actions:
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 11:46 am

The wolf reeled back from the impact, getting thrown right towards the edge of the barrier, but it stood up again, shaking its snout. It growled then howled towards the skies, sending some kind of magical force towards August that would make him feel as if he was a lot more sluggish than before.

"Be careful, kid. It's weak, but it has some tricks up its sleeve." Euny looked at the thing with piercing green eyes and took note of its composition and soon, a floating green screen would appear next to the Persona User, showing him the enemy's information. He could consider it a kindness from the woman.

Wolf Sfalma Stats:

Euny Actions:
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyMon Nov 16, 2015 9:56 pm

August couldn't help but slump - what just happened? He knew he'd been going for a long walk beforehand sure, but there was no way he should have felt this exhausted already. No, it had to be the beast...it had done something to him that wore him dry, as exhausted as he'd felt after a full day's work growing fruits and vegetables on his parent's farm. Which might have been fine then, but in the middle of a battle it was going to be a problem if he couldn't move...

"...I don't care. If I can stop even one of these things getting through..." Work had never bothered him as much as it should. He'd gone through far worse than just a bit of exhaustion. He forced his weary body to stand as tall as he could. There was no way he was giving up this early. "H-Hadrian! Do it again!" he called out. Listening carefully, one could hear a slight strain in his voice - August was, after all, unused to magic of this kind.

Hadrian was definitely moving slower than he had before, but he still stood as tall as ever regardless. Even though it was slightly slower, he still ran towards the Sfalma, the strange green tint of the barrier shining off his blade, as he thrust the shortsword down towards the Sfalma's head...

August Stats:

August Actions:
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 5:58 am

Correction - did not take into account HP loss for August from using Double Fangs twice. HP should now be (106-16)= 90 after second use of Double Fangs.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 9:47 am

Note: Sukunda doesn't lower your Luck stat by 30%, it simply adds 3 extra numbers to your miss chance, or less if your luck naturally exceeds your opponent by some amount. You can reroll your miss chances taking this into account. Easy mistake to make, don't worry about it.
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyTue Nov 17, 2015 7:29 pm

Edit: Re-rolling as per Aigis' instructions. (I presume the strength listed under the stats allows me to only have to add 2 extra numbers instead of 3, sorry if that's wrong)

August Stats:

August Actions:
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyWed Nov 18, 2015 3:26 pm

"C'mon, you can do better than that, right?" Euny closed one eye with a sigh, simply waiting for what would come of this fight.

Wolf Sfalma Stats:

Euny Actions:
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 4:08 am

Maybe it was because he was moving slower, but the beast still managed to easily dodge the Persona's thrusts as if he was dancing around them. August was already caught off-guard having not been able to hit the beast, which didn't help when it suddenly leapt at August, claws glistening. August had enough presence of mind to step back a bit, but the beast's claws still managed to rake him, leaving a painful scratch. "Gah..." August stepped back. The pain throbbed through him, though it didn't quite shake off the strange feeling of exhaustion. Euny's words weren't particularly helping, but she did have a point...

"...hah...I'll be beat before this thing if we just keep tradin' blows. There has'ta be a better way..." August gripped his staff tight and looked at the strange screen that the greenette had presented for him about the beast. "If that's the case...it's worse up close?" An idea started to form in the young boy's mind - would it work? Maybe not, but it was a better idea than just trying to blindly shank the beast until it or August fell down.

August gripped near one end of his quarterstaff and swung it in a horizontal arc in front of him as hard as he could. Even if it didn't hit, it didn't matter too much as long as he could make the beast back off a bit...

August Stats:

August Actions:

Last edited by Arvis=Nogion on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:09 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Minor grammatical changes.)
Back to top Go down
Arvis=Nogion

Arvis=Nogion

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptyFri Nov 20, 2015 4:59 am

Edit: Forgot to add in the criticals to the Dex attack in last post. On a side note, I apologise for the edit in the previous post - I wanted to fix up some grammatical errors in the text but I wasn't aware doing so changed the randomiser as well.

August Actions:
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) EmptySat Nov 21, 2015 10:31 am

Note:

"You shouldn't press your luck." Euny waved a hand and a small bright light shot off from August, as if relieving him from the slowness. Maybe she was helping him more than she should.

Wolf Sfalma:

Euny Actions:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)   The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Edge of the Wall (August's Awakening)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next