Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon Empty
PostSubject: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Apr 03, 2016 3:27 pm

It had started earlier that morning directly after she had the meeting with the strange woman and the even stranger like cat man at the food court. While at first the encountered left her reeling with joy and excitement about what was theorized, the more time ticked on the more the excitement began to disappear and become a sinking feeling in her stomach. She wasn’t sure what it was that changed her mood or caused the feeling deep inside of her, but there was definite something there that made her feel uneasy. Was it fear of the unknown? Of the idea that by the end of today everything would be changed and everyone around her would become some form of processed data scattered all over the place? While she loved the idea of change and definitely wasn’t afraid of unknown, there was something that didn’t sit right with the young woman about the particular information she heard.

Something that made her uneasy every time she closed her eyes and saw the mischievous face of the one that had provided the information to her.

She didn’t think it was a lie what he said, but at the same time she wonder if what he was saying was possible. Could something that earth shattering actually occur?….And if so what sort of power would kick that off? The cat had mentioned others gathered here for this event, but who those other people were he didn’t say. Nor did he say how or if they could potentially impact this reveal. Hmmm…maybe that Touko lady would get her the promised information and help with this unknown variable that was making her sick the more she pondered it.

Maybe she was just stressing herself out to prepare for something bad rather than good. Over thinking perhaps due to having time to spare....

With a sigh, dark colored eyes would reopen as the woman looked over the edge of railing of the dock she stood on watching people rush to and from the ferry they rode from the “mainland” to the island where the Aquaspace Museum resided. As she watched the happy people go back and forth oblivious to anything except fun and the excitement that came with the potential first glimpses of something amazing, she wondered if she too would’ve been like that had she not met the cat-boy and heard what she heard.

Would she be that oblivious to it all? Content to just go the event that was about to happen?

Dark eyes would drift to the waters below as she leaned forward to watch the waves. Maybe and maybe not. It was hard to say now that everything had occurred. All she knew was at this moment she was having seconds thoughts about sticking around or not. On one hand she wanted…no needed more information, but on the other she wasn’t sure if she was prepared to see if the theory posed was real or not. Did she even want a change as big as the cat theory suggested? Did she want to become processed or whatever?

She honestly didn’t know and it was that indecision that kept her glued to her spot watching the waters and thinking as she let the afternoon pass by.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 2:42 am

After a very strange morning that started with a peculiar man coming out of a manhole almost magically, not saying anything objective, talking about demons, supernatural beings and not answering any of Liam's inquiries about what they were and how could he find them leaving him with even more questions and growing thoughts, the boy decided to take the most logical route in this respect and talked with his parents about all that had happened.

Of course it wasn't that simple for anyone else around him to believe in a man coming out of a hole in the ground, even less that he was talking about supernatural beings and how they were present in everyday life. His parents were skeptical that something like that would happen there of all places, as he was surrounded by other people (even some bodyguards hired by them to keep an eye on the boy) and nobody seemed to say anything out of the ordinary even when asked about anything strange happening around where the boy were. Although highly suspicious that someone could be trying to approach the boy with bad intentions in mind, both still brushed the story of otherworldly beings away and opted for not letting him go off alone before proceeding with their original plan for the younger one.

Needless to say, Liam got bored fast with all the meetings and business talk he had to go through because of his introduction into the world his mother and father wanted him to live in, but he endured with a polite smile and an occasional eloquent comment, even if he found himself too young for all this business things. After all morning and lunch time filled with adults and children that wanted to be like them, he finally convinced them to take a short break so he could have fun and at least be a kid for some time.
And there they were, the younger red haired running between all the people coming and going from AquaSpace Museum and all it has to offer, and both adults a little behind, discussing some subjects between them but not losing sight of the boy.

After giggling about some naive things, bumping into other people and saying hello to half the human beings that were in the place, the younger O'Neill got his eyes on a young lady distracted by her own mind, looking into the waters for something she probably was trying to find in her own mind.

Did you lost something in the waters, missy? Have you seen a ghost... Or a demon?

The inqury was genuine, as the smile as large as his mouth would let him to. Maybe this lady was as interesting as that Mr. Manhole guy and he could discover some very interesting things talking with her!
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyTue Apr 05, 2016 12:47 pm

She continued to stay in her spot leaned against the rail lost in her thoughts as her eyes watched the shifting waves. Between the soft slosh of water against solid rock and the motion of the water, she was slowly being lulled from her unease into a small trance that turned the chaotic sounds of people around her into a gentle hum. Letting her mind settle into this peace, she would continue to watch the water feeling her eyes get heavy and maybe. just maybe she might’ve taken sleep’s offer to close her eyes and simply not think for the moment; however, just at that moment, a voice disrupted the peace.

“Did you lost something in the waters, missy? Have you seen a ghost... Or a demon?

Eh? Calabus would blink as she pulled herself out of the trance as she heard the young voice come from somewhere behind her. Turning slightly, she would look around until her eyes landed on a cute little kid with a head full of red hair. It was an odd color to see for sure and perhaps it was that odd hair color that made him catch her interest. Or maybe it was that cute behind smile on his face that she simply could not resist smiling back to that did it. Whatever the case was the older woman was now focused on the other as she gave him a small shake of the head.

“Just my sanity,” she would respond to his first question as she leaned her head against her arms watching him with a light smile. “Say, what is your name and are your parents alright with you speaking to me?” she would ask the other before falling silent once more to see if he would answer. Whether he answered or not, she would let a second more of silence pass as she simply observed the other. He had mentioned something that caught her interest earlier and so like the curious creature she was she would poke at said interest.

“Neh, you asked if I saw a ghost or demon… Why do you ask? Have you seen one?” she asked kind of curious just what the kid said. After all, kids had the wildest imaginations no, so why not pry to see what his mind came up with?
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyThu Apr 07, 2016 8:49 pm

How did you lose it, though? isn't it always in your head?
The boy didn't quite understand that the young lady wasn't talking in a physical way of losing her own sanity, but in a figurative one. He acquired a confused look before listening to her again.
I'm Liam! My parents are here too so there is no problem in talking with you. If you are dangerous, they will protect me, but you aren't right?

The red haired pointed to the crowd behind him, before focusing again on the lady and her questions. And people though that he was the inquisitive one, but everyone he met today as just as interested into questioning as himself!
You know, someone came out of a manhole and was asking around about some ladies and talking that demons were nice and exist in real life and...
Now now, my little one. Let's not bother the lady with this subjects, right?
Oh...!
The boy straightened himself up when a hand rested in his shoulder. Both his parents appeared behind him, after coming out of the busy people coming and going from the Museum. Anyone who was a little connected to the city would know who they were, the pair that was constructing an empire out of another, the ever changing but ever so successful dragon couple, the O'Neill.
Sorry about our child, I hope he wasn't bothering you too much with his inventive mind, miss...?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySat Apr 09, 2016 3:07 pm

“If you take the words literally, then yes. Sanity is in your head; however, even if it is locked up there, it can still be lost. Sometimes it can be lost due to events in life and other times it can be lost by something causing the brain to get injured. However, my words are a saying that is used when too many confusing thoughts are going through the brain. The thoughts are like a messy knot, hard to unite and understand. As a result, my logic is destroyed and the sanity lost. See?” The young woman would try to explain to the kid the wording; however, as she finished she wondered if maybe she had just confused the kid even more. Regardless of what happened there, the young woman would nod her head at the second response.

“Hello Liam. It is a pleasure to meet you. My name is Calabus,” she would say her tones remaining light and amused as she watched the kid. In time, dark colored eyes would drift in the direction the other pointed and after careful scanning the young woman would find the couple in the distance that seemed to look over to where they were occasionally. From there dark eyes would drift back to the kid.

“Oho? Is that so? Well, I had best be a good girl to so I won’t get in trouble, huh?” she would say as she turned to fully face the child as she leaned against the rail with an amused smirk on her face. “As for being dangerous, well I haven’t exactly tried to eat children before, so I think you’re safe from harm,” she would say, her tone playful as she grinned at the other. What? She couldn’t help, but to play. This kid was adorable and his words even more fascinating. The situation became even more intriguing when the kid answered her question.

To his words, Calabus would tilt her head at him before pushing off the rail and leaning forwards so that she was eye level with the kid.

“Well now. It seems that strangeness is surrounding us both today then,” she would say. “Did the Man in the Hole give you a name or a description of who he was looking for?” she would ask quite curious about this new development. Sure, kids could be creative and maybe from an observer’s standpoint, Calabus could be seen as simply humoring a kid’s imagination. However, this was not why she asked her questions at all. No, she wanted to see if the Man in the Hole had anything to do with Kitty. If so then things had just become more interesting, hadn’t they? In any case, whatever came out of that was unknown for shortly after this the couple from before came out of the crowd.

As the kid straightened up his own posture, Calabus would stand back up as she looked over at the pair before her, an easy smile crossing her face as she observed them.

“Oh, he is no problem at all. I like a creative mind. It always shows big possibilities for the future,” she would say with a light chuckle as she shook her head. “But listen to me ramble. Forgive me. My name is Calabus,” she would bow to the pair. Keeping her head bowed, she would continue. “It is a pleasure to meet you both. May I have your names?”

The girl looked up at the pair from her bowed position with a smirk on her face. She had a hunch about who these two were; however, instead of blurting out her hunch right off the bat, she would let them introduce themselves on their own if they chose to do so.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyTue Apr 12, 2016 3:29 am

The boy slowly tilted his head as the words came out of the lady's mouth, trying to comprehend everything she said in a way that made sens to his way of thinking at the young age.
So your sanity didn't fell out of you head... You just lost something else? I think I got that.
He agreed to himself before going back to his more composed posture as his parents took over control of the conversation, closing the distance between them.
I'm Ullr, and this is my wife Eir, its a pleasure to make you acquaintance, miss Calabus.
Looking at the three together would remind anyone of that old family pictures of Nordic families, as they really gave of that vibe. All of they bowed together, as if they had trained that before, what could be true, but didn't unveil the last name that was so famous in the area. Maybe they thought it was between the lines, as it was pretty obvious who they were by now.
I'm happy to see my son's imagination had caught your interest. I just hope he's not dwelling on this subject for too long, he has been talking about this all morning nonstop.

Eir was surely the one who eyes were drawn to the most. She seemed so put together and all around beautiful especially her long, perfectly curvy ginger locks couple with clear sky-blue piercing eyes. But there was something that always made her outside perfect look crumble, and that was her child.
But Moooooom....
Liam cried, looking to her with the sweetest face he could manage to do. The lady averted her eyes to her husband, but it was too late and even the man knew that. She wouldn't resist letting him talk about it after all the formalities that both of them made him endure until now. She looked back to Calabus with a sweet smile of a defeated mom in her face before speaking again
But if you are interested in he subject, I guess he can continue for a little longer.
The brightest of smiles was back in the child's face and one could see that his energy was all back in that little body even if he looked like he was containing himself to still look more composed as his parents.
Mr. Manhole said that one of his girlfriend was a shark-like green haired one and the other were a black haired ice princess or something. He really has some weird tastes, and two girlfriends? Why two?
He rambled all excited, with his mom looked at him in worries and his father contained a laugh, it was all to funny for him to spot the boy into saying a little more about all that morning story. Being out of the norm seemed like a trace that was very common in that family.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 2:12 am

(We didn’t forget you.)

Calabus would let out a small snort of amusement as she watched the kid mull over the words. She didn’t expect him to get it, but it was interesting watching the cogs in his brain turn before he came to his own conclusion of the situation.

“Something like that,” she would respond back to the kid in amused tones before her eyes were drifting up to meet the eyes of the woman and man that had come over. As the male introduced himself and his wife, Calabus would take note of the odd names and stash them away for her own purposes later as a few things were confirmed by the introduction.

Between the names and what she knew of this family, she understood that she was dealing with folk growing to be some strong hitters in the business world. Already the parents were perfect and their kid while a bit out of the box was being developed into a fine young man. And would you look at that. This perfect family could even bow in unison! How very amusing.

Despite what she had confirmed or the entertainment the family provided, Calabus would only give a respectful nod back before watching once more as the family interacted. This time the interaction was between mother and son. While at first it seemed that Eir was going to stop the conversation that wanted to happen, it appeared the mother was not as strong willed when it came to the tricks that innocent ones played to get there way. It was a cute game, but nothing Calabus commented on as she looked at the woman.

“Oh! That I very kind of you. I love a good story,” she would say as she clasped her hands in front of her and gave a big grin that came off comical rather than threatening. She was being overdramatic, playing with the adults that seemed to be very concerned about their child bothering her; however, the information junkie was never bothered when something juicy was before her.

When the young boy continued, the young woman would tilt her head at this information. A green haired girl that was like a shark and a dark haired woman that was an ice princess? Just what were these two women to a man in a manhole? And how did they tie into Kitty? She would ponder this a bit before she was distracted as she heard the girlfriend comment. Calabus would giggle lightly at this as she kept herself leveled with the child.

“Maybe he was trying to figure which one he liked better, a shark or a princess. Quite frankly, I would choose a princes over a shark. It would be safer that way,” she said as she used her hands to mimic a shark eating someone her mood remaining playful despite the serious subject. “Did the man tell you why he was looking for these women? Or perhaps something else strange?”
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 3:19 pm

The kid would nod happily after her confirmation, thinking to himself that he just uncovered another mysterious secret of the adult world. While not quite true, he sure was not that far from the truth from a kids perspective of things and that was what mattered to him.
He got even more excited after his mother's permission and Calabus curiosity about the subject at hand, taking her clasping hands and big grin as an indicative of proceeding with what he started.
Yeah, me too. But why two anyways? One girl is enough!

He laughed at the comical depiction of the shark eating someone alive, before listening to te next question. Then, he looked like he was trying to mimic the said man, making his voice deeper and faking ha was holding a manhole lid over his head
"Don't go near these women, they are dangerous!" He said. I guess they discovered about him dating both of them.
Ullr was already laughing even if his wife was picking him in his sides to stop, with an apologetic face to the younger woman for both his husband and son's behavior about all of this strange subject, but the kid didn't seem to mind his parents and continued on with his story.
And then he said that good demons exist! And that ghosts might exist too! Such a crazy man!
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySun Apr 17, 2016 5:35 pm

Calabus’s playful nature and grin did not diminish in any fashion as things more or less seemed to fall right into her hands. The mother had given permission for her child to cut loose and the kid himself ate up the all too sweet smile and in turn, opened up to the woman.

“I would have to agree. One is indeed enough,” she would say with a nod easily playing off the kid’s words. Did she expect him to understand her and the true meaning behind the words? No, but even so the kid’s reaction was enough to make the information gatherer want to play, so she did.

As she did her impression of a shark with her hands, the man made demon couldn’t help, but grin with pleasure at the laughter that followed. See! This is why she loved kids. At least they were easy to entertain and much more appreciative of a game than adults were…and Calabus always devoured appreciation given.

In any case, the amused woman would ask her question and when the child responded back. She would hold one hand up over her mouth as she giggled at the impression. Oh, this one was a doll! She wondered how a particular demon back home would react to him, but alas the kid was too young, so she couldn’t exactly test that limit there, but that was okay. At least she was getting more information.

“Oho? Dangerous are they?” Calabus would say as she stood up a bit straighter folding her arms as she continued to watch the other with a grin. Now that was interesting. A man warning a child to avoid two strange women? Well….Kitty did mention there were others here, so did that mean these two were part of this mysterious reveal? She would push the thought back in her head as she smirked at the kids words.

“Well, they could’ve found out and maybe that is why one seems more scary than the other. Let’s hope they didn’t come here to fight over the man,” she would say as she leaned forward and whispered the words as if they were a big secret. She was playing naturally and had no clue what it all meant. Had no clue how close her words were to the actual truth.  In any case she continued to play along. She didn’t seem to mind at all the behavior that was being expressed by the child or his father. No. As deep green eyes looked up at the woman, she would find that amusement rested in them.

In any case, her eyes would drift back to the boy as he continued to speaking. To these last words the woman would nod as her grin softened lightly.

“He might not be as crazy as you think,” she said to other. “Spirits of all sort exist in this world; however, in order to see them you have to be nice to them and believe they are there. If you don’t they won’t appear to you,” Calabus said giving the kiddy version of what it took to get spirits to show themselves for real. Honestly there was more to it than that, but why complicate the matter hm?
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 3:55 am

Liam continued the conversation in his upbeat and hyper nature, listening to the woman as she gave her inputs on what he was saying. As a kid he was, he just agreed with her about having just one and didn't catch on the underlying meaning of it. His father, however, seemed to change his delighted expression about that strange conversation and almost talked about something with Calabus, before going back into a more contemplative posture. Maybe he was going too much into that conversation, right?
Even if the boy was delighted to talk to her, her mom kept a close eye on the girl to see if she was not saying things that would influence him or that were not appropriate for his age and the father were now a little more interested than amused by his son's antics then before.
Yup! He was always saying how I should run away from them, but never said why...
The kid crossed his arms too, pouting a little and looking like he was trying to figure something out by himself. After all, why would he run away from anyone? It didn't made any sense to him whatsoever to why he shouldn't meet them.
Yup! That's what I think too! But if they found out, wouldn't him be running away from his girlfriends?
He leaned forward too, whispering just like her and even covering his mouth from his parents to see what he was saying, like that was some kind of secret, even if it was nothing more than common sense for the majority of people.
After that, he came back to his normal position to listen to her words, and before he would comment anything Eir intervened, looking at the woman like she was talking some kind of nonsense.
And if you are a bad boy, they will pull your feet at night time, so beware!
But dragons don't have to fear ghosts!
Even his mom couldn't hold back a light chuckle. He sure was a courageous and determined boy for his age.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyWed Apr 20, 2016 9:32 pm

Calabus’s would watch the kid quite amused with the way things turned out. He reacted beautifully to her play and while at first she would be delighted and tempted to play even more, a strange look from the father caused her eyes to narrow slightly as she kept her grin. Oho? Did he have something to say?

No? He was going to think instead? Alright then. She could play some more then. Her eyes would look back at the boy briefly passing over the mother as she did so. It seemed the woman was watching her, but as long as neither parent did anything to stop her the girl would not stop her mischief. After all, she liked testing the limits, so let’s see how far they would let her go. In any case, her focus would return to the kid fully as he spoke about the man and his warning.

To the kid’s words, she would fold her arms as her smile faded and a frown of thought came to her face.

“What a strange fellow. I wonder why he wouldn’t explain such warnings,” she would say more to herself than anyone around her as she looked across out at the water for a bit. This day it was getting stranger and stranger. She didn’t think she wanted to stay here much longer, but if she left she would miss something big….What to do?

The girl would debate for a moment longer before her attention turned back to the kid and the playing resumed. As the kid leaned forward and whispered back in turn, Calabus's smirk would only grow.

“Maybe, but then again maybe he was trying to find them to keep them from meeting at all. Perhaps his plan was to escape with one of the princesses, so he wouldn’t have to face the trouble he caused by having two,” the young woman would say in a whisper still. She didn’t seem to be bothered by what she was saying or the fact that the conversation may be over the kid’s head...and probably not something to his parents' liking. She was enjoying this so she would continue to play as long as she was allowed to.

In any case, once the whispering was over, she would straighten back up as the subject switched to a different sort of subject. When the mother intervened and gave her that all too familiar look and even tried to counter what she said with some form of superstition, Calabus smile faded a bit.

“Heh. So you too brush them off as fantasy?” Calabus would sigh lightly as she shook her head. “Ah well. Guess I am the odd one here then,” she would say as she watched the mother. “Fairytales go after kids not spirits hiding around waiting to scare them. No spirits are much too clever for that sort of game,” she would tell the woman her voice a bit stern showing that perhaps even if she did sound crazy, she was firm in her belief of the other side, spirits, demons, and what not.

“Besides as Laim said, you don’t have to be afraid of most of them. And to be honest, I think some would even bow to his courage,” Calabus said as she nodded approvingly at the behavior from the kid. Sure the parents may have found the whole ordeal amusing or weird, but maybe that courageous nature of the boy would come in handy one day...at least that is what Calabus thought anyway.
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyWed Apr 27, 2016 2:29 am

The father wouldn't even interfere in what was happening, as he had divergences into his way of directing his son's growth. A little bit of wittiness wouldn't hurt nobody, would it? And after all, this could be a good talk when the boy got older and could understand things a little better. Other than that, he would just rest his hand on his son's shoulder and smile sheepishly to the young lady ahead of him.
Right? Or maybe I'm just missing something that only adults understand here.
Liam crossed his arms and pouted, knowing that his kids eyes didn't see things as adults did. Even so, his curiosity about the matter was strangely persistent, and he was willing to understand why he said that and what he could figure out from that.
.... But if both know about that, both of them are mad at him, right? They don't want to go anywhere with him missy!
He would say it a little louder this time after contemplating things with the inventive and hyper head he had, like he has just solved a very complicated puzzle. He nodded positively and smiled a little before going bath to trying to figure out what the adult world was keeping him away from.
On the other hand, his mom was getting a little more dissatisfied with the conversation at hand as time passed by. Even if the slight curled up lips and overall calm appearance didn't change, the mood around them did to a heavier one, as her eyes seemed to pierce Calabus after every word she said, taking the lead of the conversation for the moment.
My son knows enough of Nordic deities to know exactly what spirits are and if they are fantasy or not, miss Calabus.
She flicked her hair, smiling a bit more and recomposing herself mentally. Was she too rude with the younger girl? She sure could think whatever she wanted anyways.
Of course! My boy can take anything on,right? He is the pride of our family for a reason, after all.
Eir saw what all mothers see in their kids. That magnificent potential, that unbound power that he had, and at least with that she could agree with the girl.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptySat Apr 30, 2016 12:41 pm

Calabus was ever aware of what was going on around her, her sharp eyes and senses picking up on cues given by the parents on where a line was stepped over. So far she seemed to be on the safe end of the stick. Neither parent seemed interfere with the woman talk, so the young lady took it as a sign to continue the play.

As she refocused on the child, she would chuckle lightly at his conclusion and nod. “That is certainly a sound conclusion,” she would say leaving the topic at that. A child’s eyes could only see one outcome most of the time unless they were exposed to such matters at younger ages. He was quite right in assuming that there were some things adults understood better than children; however, she wouldn’t let the conversation go that far. No that subject would be left for the parents to handle. After all, the kid was their beautiful egg to mold. All she was here for was a bit of fun.

...And it seemed that fun would have to end here unless she wanted to be snapped at of course. While the father seemed chilled about this, Calabus could feel the piercing gaze of the mother even though she had not been looking at her at the time. Well, well. It appeared her observations of parents were correct. The female was typically the more protective one, except in rare cases...like her own where both parents could be equally protective. While it was tempting to push buttons, the growing hacker would back off this time. It wasn’t time to burn bridges, yet. Besides, she was quite curious to keep up with this child’s growth. His personality and spirit intrigued her making her wonder where he would land on the chest board. Would he be her competition in the future? It was a curious thought that she could only entertain if the standing between herself and this family remained more or less good.

Dark eyes would drift up to the mother after a moment of time had passed. Calabus would give her what appeared to be apologetic nod. It was a simple nod that only a mature individual would understand if they could read simple gesture well. It was a submissive sign, letting the woman know she meant no harm by her play and would not push it any further; however, she would tilt her head at the woman’s next words.

She was quiet for a moment as she met the piercing gaze with an narrowed gaze of her own that held mischief and amusement in it. You could teach a person every myth and legend the world had to offer, but nothing prepared the world for actually confronting them. Oh, there was many ways this could’ve ended for the woman; however, instead of making a fuss, Calabus would give the woman a grin.

“Well then. He should be quite prepared to face on them should they decide to approach him,” she would say her voice not really holding hostility, but still not exactly super friendly. The woman had stepped on a nerve for sure, but the reasoning behind this, Calabus would leave in the dark for now. Whatever happened from there would be up to the woman as far as Calabus was concerned.

When the woman seemed to calm and become more prideful, Calabus would fully relax once more as she smirked.

“Pride of the family, huh? Well, I expect to hear great things in the future about him,” the young woman would say before she was shifting in her position a bit.

“Well then, my lady, sir, Liam. It was a pleasure meeting you all; however, I must unfortunately bid you all farewell. I do hope we can meet again,” she would say before she proceeded to move off. A few steps past the family, she would pause and turn back to the trio.

“If you are ever in town find the Butterfly Inn and Bathhouse. I’ll be sure to treat you to something nice to make up for this day,” she would say and then bowing politely she would turn around again and make her way into the crowds, vanishing like a ghost.

~Exit unless stopped~
Back to top Go down
Ryugon

Ryugon

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyMon May 02, 2016 2:46 am

Liam would just puff at her remark that he really wasn't getting the underlines that an adult would. He wanted to understand all that puzzling words since morning, but it just seemed all to complex right now for his little mind to grasp everything. Or just that everything always seemed so grand to the kid's mind that he couldn't understand the simpler outlines of the conversation and put everything together.
His mom however was worried about something else, and that was what that lady with come up with it next. It was to her surprise that Calabus silently nodded into submission to her as she was expecting something with a little more personality and mischief by the little time they had been in contact. And she got the moments later in her response, she felt like, even if a little diluted into a more submissive tone and she was going spat back to keep with the pace if her husband had not interfered griping her slightly by the waist but enough to send the message across.
A dragon is prepared to everything, Miss Calabus.
Although his tone was calm the ultimatum of ending the subject was given just in that phrase alone. He sure were a man of few words with big meaning and they seem to made more impact than intended, which translated into her decision to leave in the man's mind. He nodded positively, gaining back that amused look in his eyes when observing both ladies talking he had moments ago.
The pleasure was ours. We'll be sure to pay you a visit whenever our bodies are too burdened by society's responsibilities, manly after that offer.
And you will see missy! I'll grow up to be the biggest O'Neill you'll know about, just watch!
The little red haired complemented his father's words, always to his amusement before she vanished from their sight. Being back at his enthusiastic self, the little one smiled and started to see the crowd an his goal, the museum, again as he had some fun time to spare still and he couldn't hold back any energy to fun times, right?
While the kid seemed to go back to bolting between the crowd until he got to the Museum, the parents stood behind a little to talk about what happened, discussing the women's position in all that and how the man found it a successful negotiation with her offer for some relaxation time before leaving behind the always so energetic little Liam.
[EXIT]
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon EmptyMon May 16, 2016 12:46 am

Calabus of the Jester and Liam of the Temperance have established a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon   On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon Empty

Back to top Go down

On the Edge of the Unknown (Open to 2) – Afternoon
Page 1 of 1