Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Device [Shunnosuke]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

The Device [Shunnosuke] Empty
PostSubject: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyWed Dec 28, 2016 11:12 pm

The group was walking, presumably with Shunnosuke at the lead otherwise Rinna would not move. She of course would be right behind him, with Lune and Simon behind her. Lune still waved her head side to side subtly, like she was still in the remnants of whatever trance she was in. For the most part the group was silent save for Rinna's directions, and it looked like the location would be coming up very shortly. If anyone wanted to say anything, now would be the time. Rinna herself did not say anything apart from her directions, and she didn't have a rude demeanor like before. At this point she was just grateful it never got worse. They could now get back on track to finish this.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyThu Dec 29, 2016 1:53 pm

"Soon it'll all come to an end. Soon it'll all come to an end."

Words were like a mantra, echoing back and forth in Shun's mind as he walked. It seemed to bring strength to his resolves, or so he believed, and therefore, while the path was silent enough save for Rinna's directions, the inner voice was there to put him back on track.

"I'm on my way..."

The ground hurt at each step. Not because of a rocky path or the irregular nature of the roads he ventured over. It was his body showing even stronger signs of giving in? "Mens sana in corpore sana", his father would say, and Shunnosuke knew he didn't have the best physical disposition, far from that. However...it wasn't his body complaining this time, though the excess of activity from the last days were biting back. It was his mind.

"Hang on, I'm almost there..."

Even with its sedentary habits, after fighting shadows and now demons for years, two feet with blisters were something he could endure. His body was not the issue, no matter how tired of excessive activity he was. The blurry vision, a consequence of being deprived from rest and sleep, were not the issue. Sacrificing his well-being was not the issue. The memories coming back and forth with his self-boosting mantra were. The image of a certain someone was, coming up every now and again, lying on the ground, mute and telepathic. A blank corpse at a black morgue.

"Not this again..."

There's something addicting in the romanticism, in the "love can move mountains" belief. The most powerful thing in the world is a bond between two people, isn't that what he heard from one of the girls back then? "The strongest, most compelling emotion is love".

Though it was crystal clear there was a bond strong enough to shatter Shun's confidence into a distressed, paranoid behavior, the perennial memories and hazy images coming back to haunt his mind were not a proof of love, but of something even more powerful: fear.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 3:00 pm

As the group walked, no one continued to speak. Simon began to walk a little faster to reach Shunnosuke and then Rinna, standing between them if need be. He didn't really think himself the social type and didn't say much, so he didn't feel needed yet. Lune seemed to fall behind, but still turned into a jog to keep up. Rinna would lead them near the edge of the island and look around for anything before heading towards the nearby steps into the subaquatic station. There was debris everywhere, as well as a subway motionlessly standing as a ghost of its former self. The group seemed to be heading for a large pile of debris made from bits of the earth, personal items, and bits of a subway, mounting up to be taller than they were. As they walked, she would finally try to break the silence between the two. They couldn't work together if everyone was stewing. "What is he to you anyway? You're not very descript on him and who he is. Even I don't know much about the guy. It's an honest question." She said, with a frank expression, genuinely meaning what she asked. Clearly he was important, but why did he matter so much to this man? She knew very little about him and vaguely remembered how much of an annoyance he was several years ago. However in the end she still took his help, and would never forget it.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Dec 31, 2016 5:29 pm

While lost in his own miserable thoughts, there was an eerie and anxious sensation that kept Shunnosuke very wary about the surroundings. Each step on a dry twig, each kick on an inconvenient rock, he heard it all, he saw it all. Therefore, it wasn't a surprise that, when Rinna decided to "break the ice", so to speak, he listened. However, the response wouldn't come immediately. Rationally, he found it better to ignore the petty attempt of chit-chat and treat it as it is: a business trip. The emotional side, however, decided to speak back, even if the words wouldn't come out pleasing enough, against his better judgment.

...What does it matter to you? — His eyes showed definitely some sign of negative reaction to being talked to by this girl, but they found it better to stay at the path ahead, not looking back at her. Memory served him well, Rinna was still someone he despised from past experiences and even more after he realized what she has done. He wasn't over her ruthless words back then, and he wasn't over the fact that she treated Nozomi like a tool. — He's a person like any of us, that's all you should care about. I didn't have to chase after Lune's importance in your life to look out for her. What, do I have to tell you my entire background with Nozomi to convince you he's still a human being and not some object you simply dump here? — Clear resentful tone aside, Shunnosuke at least briefly glared to the side, making it obvious what he's there for: saving the one he cares for, not forming bonds through unnecessary conversations. Unless there was something relevant about Nozomi's condition or the current state of Azores, only cynical replies from the heir would come their way.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 7:12 pm

"Why are you talking as though I don't value them? I wouldn't carry him every where I went if I thought I could get jumped and him taken, but I guess it's fine if I'm allowed to care or protect the fellow man as long as you're nearby to baby him. Fine, don't tell me. But doesn't that make you no different from me by chasing after Lune in an effort to keep her safe regardless of why? I am perfectly grateful, but if you don't want to reciprocate it, that's fine too. Not every person is going to be kept in pristine condition like jewelry, and you're a fool for thinking so. You just forget that you live in a world where you and your feelings aren't the only thing that matters." Lune stole glances between the two as they bickered, unsure what to say before Simon ran a hand over his ear. "I think you're both being childish though. Rinna, he's worried for him, emotions are gonna run high. You of all people should know that. So don't whine about it." Rinna remained silent as they lead them to the pile. "And you. Shunnosuke you're nothing like you used to be. If you used any of your brainpower which I know you have, you would know that there is more going on than her desire to hide him. Just get over yourself okay? I could have sworn that we stood together at one point because inciting violence and a motion to kill was not a good idea, but now that someone had a different way of going about it, you get on a pedestal, like you suddenly know the right way? I don't get you." It had been a while since Simon laid words that were even comparable to the adjective 'harsh', but he just didn't get why Shunnosuke was mad. He had been through a lot, been forced to fight comrades and the like. Was it so hard to grasp that not everything would happen smoothly and certain things had to go a certain way? He recognized the power Shunnosuke had, but Simon could no longer tell why he earned it...

After hitting the debris pile, Rinna would jog ahead of the group to it and kneel down, moving bits of everything aside, even a large piece of metal which appeared to have come from the train. And there the body of Nozomi lay, still sound asleep. Were Shunnosuke to look he would have no damage nor remnants of debris, suggesting Rinna did in fact attempt to preserve him well. She would calmly pick him up and hold him closely to her chest with a strength she still somehow had. She was certainly built to a degree, enough to carry him. Perhaps it was her own Persona that helped. "Alrighty. We can head back now. Either go back to where they were or head to Zackary's. Whichever you think is right."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jan 03, 2017 9:08 pm

Shunnosuke's eyes shifted from Rinna to Simon, at the same time his steps ceased. He was annoyed at Rinna for a number of reasons, from her demeanor to how she handled Nozomi. Yet, right now his eyes sparkled with a fiery hate not because of her, no. Serves him right; there were some words choking in his throat, dying to make their way out and Shunnosuke, eager for an occasion to let them free, has just found the perfect opportunity to express his rage on the duo. — ...really? You could have sworn what, that I'd suddenly bow down on my knees and kiss your feet for bringing me here? That I'd say "oh my gosh, I'm so thankful because you hid him in a wasteland"? Is recognition what you two are expecting? — Shunnosuke hissed acidly, scoffing at any presumptions that he should remotely express gratitude for these two. — Make no mistake, Simon: we're not friends. We're not comrades, we're not "buddies", "pals" or whatever you decide to name it just because we stand on the same ground. This goes to any of you and I'm making it crystal clear right now so you don't get further disappointment. You don't know me, none of you does, so don't you act like it, don't you raise that tone to me like you were ever remotely close to tell anything regarding myself. — He was not the type to alter his voice when infuriated in a verbal argument, or show it in an obvious manner in his face. No, Shunnosuke was quite proficient in delivering any message without changing his smooth mood a little, even if inside he had a nearly irresistible urge to scratch anyone's face with his nails. The little signs of distress were there, aggravated by the confrontation and a natural observant person could detect it.

That said, he kept walking back on track, following Rinna among the debris pile. Wasn't there a better, less destroyed place to hide Nozomi? Somewhere else that didn't look like it was nuked by an atomic bomb, perhaps. The more he analysed the place, the more wrathful he'd get inside, with the target of his fury right there, digging among scraps of whatever.

...until the Kurosawa recognized a face he was quite familiar with. It was undoubtedly Nozomi. His eyes soothed, leaving behind any trace of fury or stress, and his expression turned immediately from stern to mellow. Nozomi...he had certainly changed in the course of two years. Before, he still seemed like a boy. A good-nature, well-behaved boy. Now... He looked like a grown-up man. Two years have certainly had their effect on the guy's appearance. In a way, it was good. The world doesn't stop revolving, ever, and Nozomi didn't stop his life after Shunnosuke's departure, the heir understood this well. A depressing thought, a hurtful conclusion, but the right one nonetheless. He wasn't completely self-centered to not know that life goes on, with or without him. Seeing his body laying on the ground, motionless, lifeless... Another face came to his mind, over Nozomi's. Another sight, of another body. Instead of the dark bluish hair, he saw red hair strands. Instead of the blue jacket Nozomi wears, he saw an old, reddish cape. A cape he knew very well, something he kept in the depths of his closet as a treasure gift. Instead of the fair face of Nozomi, he saw another face, a fading one.

It was happening again.

You have implied before that Nozomi was important, haven't you? Not only to me, but for Azores... — He didn't aim for anyone in particular, distant eyes focused on the body of Nozomi. However, of course he addressed to Rinna before going silent, as if collecting ideas in his mind. The lips re-opened, only to close again in some inner struggle only his heart knows well. Words were powerful enough, as powerful as we make them be. Whenever we say our thoughts out loud, we give them power. Turning thoughts into words others can listen transforms imagination into truth and acknowledges them as a reality. Even if said reality brings us fear. — He's going to die once this is all over, isn't he?... Die like him...
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 7:31 pm

""Don't you raise that tone to me"? Okay Mom." Rinna responded with a surprisingly light-hearted chuckle; clearly Shunnosuke had said something funny to her, and to be honest, it reminded her of herself in a way. She too would never consider him her friend, but that never meant that they could not at least get along. She wasn't going out of her way granted, but it's not like the kid was giving her any bit of a chance to do so. He hadn't truly grown up yet. Oh sure, he found what made him who he is, just that Rinna thought it made him look even more childish than before. But the two came from different points in life so perhaps that would be where they met. With the silence that followed, Rinna began to head back in the direction they came in with Nozomi in tow. "Yes. I think he is. His body is still alive, but his mind is in the other worlds we saw last years. We think that its taking on his form and its affecting those worlds. Why it happened I don't know all details of, but him being separate from his body keeps him from getting his full strength back. Right now, the body is just...sleeping I guess. Zackary has the best way to get to Nozomi, and the Demon's power I controlled lets me reopen the gates to the other worlds, but imperfectly. If we can find him, we can give him his body, and we all can set this right." Rinna explained, taking a moment to think on Shunnosuke's last assumption.

"I....don't know if he'll die. The boy is strong, I can sense it, so can Isla, Zackary I bet, and Azami. We all can tell both the girl Azami and Nozomi have something odd about them. Anything can happen, but don't hold your breath. We've lost a lot already, so we may have to lose more to fix this. Still, I like to believe it'll work out. If his mind is still fighting on the other side, then there's definitely gotta be a way to get him back properly." It was almost uncharacteristic of Rinna to be so optimistic in a grim situation, but she had felt everything but optimistic up until recently thanks to some help. If anyone needed some kind of hope now, it was the man spitting venom at her; for it was easy to tell he cared for him deeply.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jan 10, 2017 10:21 am

She "doesn't know". Somehow he expected this response. Nobody seemed to know Hyde's fate as well...save for, maybe, Sharaku and Alphonse, but even they weren't too sure of the outcomes. Part of it made sense when he let his tired mind analyse it rationally. The separation of body and mind would definitely explain why he saw Nozomi's face in the sea's reflection the morning before, and the obvious connection of the sea to the demon's invasion and the other worlds. Of course, these were just assumptions when putting the scattered pieces of information together. As Rinna made hr walk back in company of her friends, Shunnosuke simply stood still in the same spot, his lost eyes following their figure. Knowing of Nozomi's strength, in more ways than one, and knowing of the former Wild Card's last feat, he couldn't help but wonder the price he had to pay for it...

... — His fuzzy mind began commanding the first steps after Rinna, a bit apart from the small trio. Going back is the last thing he wanted, if only he didn't know he could not leave Nozomi alone. Not anymore; a mistake can only be committed once. — Who commanded you to keep him here? Was it Isla?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySun Jan 15, 2017 9:00 pm

"It was less of a command and more of a request. It was either that, or lock him up somewhere, and even I don't trust a hundred percent what Isla would do with Nozomi. Zackary probably needs his body for something, but Isla? I can't read her, and at the time didn't know for sure, so I offered to take him with me. Why the barriers aren't covering all the islands is anyone's guess. Hopefully that will improve after the man is dethroned." She said moving on. She wasn't entirely trusting of the woman. After all, she was a politician, and Rinna was very much an activist in her youth and to a degree still is. She was no fan of government and how sneaky they can potentially be. Not that Azores itself had much scandal, but you never know when monsters and magic roam around.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyWed Jan 18, 2017 2:36 pm

And again, Shunnosuke grimaced, though he wasn't too shocked by the fact that Rinna didn't know Isla's motivations. No one seems to. However, he found it laughable how she still opted to follow a government's order instead of checking if said government had shady motivations.

...And how did you find him, in first place? Or rather, where? — He was very sure to emphasize the first word, staring inquisitively to Rinna. — I know his mind lies in the other worlds, I saw his reflection in the water...but who caused the split between soul and matter? Who sent him there?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 1:13 am

"Isla found him apparently near the shore of San Malarus, and she called me up to discuss it. He wasn't in his home that's for sure. Isla then had him spirited away with me to safety right before the Demons struck. As for what made him this way, it wasn't her, and not Zackary. Someone in the other worlds screwed with his head. They wanted his power for something and apparently didn't need his body to do it. So they separated his body and mind and took it to the other worlds. Dunno why, maybe to get stronger." She could tell Nozomi was still alive in a sense, the way his body was breathing slowly like he had been in a deep coma. There was still some semblance of hope for him. Rinna paused however at the ring of Shunnosuke's phone (were they still to have it). They didn't know where it came from, but she wouldn't stop him from answering.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 4:27 pm

...Excuse me for a bit. — He said, looking with vague eyes to the phone's screen. There were still more questions to make and more loose ends to tie and he couldn't help but wonder what the name on his phone, "Joshua", could indicate. A call for help? The Kurosawa didn't portray an obvious or verbal reaction, however an attentive look would make anyone notice how distressed he was by the mere notion of a phone call meaning more bad news. — ...What is it?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptySat Jan 21, 2017 4:33 pm

"Not even a hi? Cold, aren't you?" Joshua remarked with a slight tinge of being sardonic. "How's things on your end? Guess I got Analee to come with us. Just needed to get close and all. Nothing for certain, in all honesty. I'm thinking of heading to Zachary now with this motley crew here. What about you? Did you find Nozomi? I suggest keeping his body away from that asshole here, he evidently needs it for some quack plan. Head to Isla."

Joshua kept it short and succinct. It was basically a splitting up of groups. As far as he was concerned, he wasn't all too worried about anything. If he's backed up with three powerful Persona Users and a Child who had similar powers to Hyde, Joshua was certain they can get the job done. After all, he has his new powers to boot and he was confident enough they can handle it on their own.

"How about it? You cool with this?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Shunnosuke rolled his eyes, ignoring the attempts at a humorous, sarcastic remark. If Joshua was in the mood for being funny then things must have been going well on his side. As for himself, Shunnosuke wasn't so sure.

Yes, Nozomi is here. — Biting his inferior lip, Shunnosuke quietened, pondering over Joshua's suggestion in silence? To go for Zachary and ask him a few things or to head to Isla? Which option to pick when suddenly both seemed too awful to choose? — Rinna wants to face Zachary... That's where we're heading to right now.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] EmptyTue Jan 24, 2017 8:55 pm

Joshua frowned when Rinna wanted to head over to Zachary first. That's something not surprising given she worked for Isla to some degree. But at this point, he thought this wasn't too wise. At the moment, Joshua was confident enough to handle Zackary with the team they have right now. "She can come if she wants. But what about her friend? Isn't she at least a bit concerned for her? Stuff might not end well if she comes too."

He wasn't too sure about Analee and she was a factor that can't be fully relied on. But when it came to Lune, he wasn't sure about her either. It wouldn't end well either way if Zachary assumed control over her as well. "Try to see if you can convince her to just head to Isla. We should be fine on our own."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Device [Shunnosuke]   The Device [Shunnosuke] Empty

Back to top Go down

The Device [Shunnosuke]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next