Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) Empty
PostSubject: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptyFri Aug 21, 2015 3:06 pm

"Well, shit. I'm actually here."

It definitely feels more packed around in this place, in the Galaxy Theme Park. With people walking around and even taking spots in lining up for a chance to try some of the park's spectacular rides, it was definitely busy. Joshua, like in the rest of the Island, felt really pretty claustrophobic with this many people around. There's so much to try and enjoy, but the boy couldn't quite figure out what to do.

The old Joshua would already be avoiding this Park like a plague, given his more introvert nature. But, he was now walking on its very ground as the island's inhabitants kept walking around to reach several rides.

Maybe he should try asking someone... Someone that kinda stood out. A pretty-boy type.

"Hey, man. Any stuff you suggest around here? I'm new."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:29 am

Another visit to the park, this time alone. He kept wondering what evoked in him the feeling of coming to the club again. Perhaps nostalgy? Perhaps the fact he had a memorable night thanks to two certain siblings he had met? Or just...who knows, the will to do things out of his way for a change rather than following a script. Whatever it is, he didn’t do much rather than paying for a ticket in the frontal booth and...right, that’s al lhe did so far. Now, what? He didn’t remember being so awkward in the Park before. Is that because he’s alone? Or maybe because while everyone else lined up for their respective rides, he was just....standing in the middle of the park pondering what to do?

—  Oh? — Shunnosuke glanced the stranger from head to toe. Not that he was particularly captivating to that point, he just wanted a better view on the person who dared waking him from his indecision and greeting him by “man”. Worse than that, only “dude”, “bro” and the list of slangs goes on. Now, he said he wanted suggestions of what to do to entertain himself, isn’t that so? Shunnosuke was far from being the most indicated person to serve as guide as he had only been there once with acquaintances, but perhaps it’s manageable. — Honestly I didn’t explore much, this is my second time in the Park, and my bet is you’re not quite interested in a single ferris wheel ride, are you? — He assumed most boys aren’t truly a fan of ferris wheel, for whatever reasons. He wondered why; isn’t the possibility of distancing from everyone else far above appealing?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 11:27 am

Joshua gulped a little when this guy took a cursory look at him. It's only normal for most people to try to see who they're talking to. Still, he did feel like he was being scanned or something. Maybe judged like back at home in the States. But it's probably those old dumb shut-in tendencies still coming back up. Yeah. Probably that. While he forcefully pushed those feelings down, he had to reply.

"Ferris wheel? Eh, I figured I could do that last to wind down from all that "excitement" from the rides, you know?"

It was no doubt that it'd be some slow and mundane ride. All there was just some wheel spinning and people going around on that standing wheel. There's not much to it, except maybe that it usually provided a good overseeing perspective to it.

"Since it's your second time here, mind if I hang out with ya? Probably see what's good with our tastes?"

And by tastes, he meant the rides. Probably the food stands too.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 1:30 pm

Shunnosuke raised one eyebrow to the guy’s analysis. So, he’d rather ferris wheel as the last choice? Alright then. He couldn’t deny it made sense the way he put it, as truly, there isn’t much to do there, but... Shun honestly wouldn’t the other options are any better. If anything they attract more attention. —  Alright then. The other options that might attract your interest better are the roller coaster, toboggan, haunted mirror house, go-karts, bumper cars or boats...hm....what else? — Shunnosuke counted in his hand the number of entertainment they could find in this place. He felt like trying the roller coaster, but there were two problems about it. One, he didn’t want to feel sick in a scenic railway and find himself throwing up in the next person’s lap. Second, the car’s speed would ruin his hairstyle. As for the karts, cars and boats...maybe? The second issue would remain should someone insist on bumping on the car he’d borrow, but the feeling of driving something might make it less irritating. After all, he was used to be conducted over places by his chauffeur and while he preferred it that way, driving on his own could be a fun experience. Even if it was a trial. — I guess I don’t? I just advise you to not put your hopes up too high, as I’m not qualified as a guide if that’s what you’re expecting. — Nevermind the fact that a stranger asked him to hang out together. That said, Shunnosuke would direct his steps to a nearby kiosk, picking a demonstrative pamphlet praising the Galaxy Theme Park’s features as well as the myriad of attractions and rides for their enjoyment, quickly handling it to the guy.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 1:48 pm

There's quite a few rides that this guy listed off of, but it's to be expected since this is an amusement park. But there's quite a lot to choose from and not a lot of time until night when he'd have to head back home to call it a day. So at best, Joshua could try a couple of them before it's over.

"Alright, so... uh, what about those teacup rides? The ones that go around in circles?"

He remembered there was at least one such ride if memory served him well. At least it'd be a nice start, maybe.

"Eh, I don't mind. Better than me just bumbling around doing dumb stuff."

The guy knew this place better than he did, so at least hanging out with him, his stay probably might be more "productive".

"I'm Joshua, by the way."
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:27 pm

Teacup ride? Now that’s unexpected. He was hoping the other guy would pick something...wilder to pass his time, rather than such a childish playground. He had stated he didn’t want do “dumb stuff”, right? Well, teacup riding is exactly dumb and riciulous in Shun’s book. — Alright then. Makes me feel like a Disney character. Honestly I was expecting you to choose the Ali Baba or the Freefall, the Kamikaze even. And I’m glad you didn’t. — Shunnosuke smiled amicably. He wasn’t sure yet if he had the necessary courage to go in something potentially dangerous as pendulum rides and the likes. Plus, he wasn’t up for putting himself to shame with a stranger, screaming his lungs out and vomiting till he gets dehydrated. Oh no. His image, as well as his family’s, would be drawn to the mud should he really attempt to doing so.

Joshua, it is. My pleasure to meet you, I’m Kurosawa. — It was always nice to link a face to a name. — Now, if you don’t mind me asking, are you new to Azores or to the Park? — Unfolding the pamphlet, he peeked the shortest way to the teacup ride. Not too far away, gladly; the whole Park seemed like a hi-tech labyrinth with thousands of paths to reach a specific location, reading it among so many letters and arrows all over the map was not the easiest of the tasks, that’s for sure. Anyhow, Shunnosuke would walk side by side with Joshua, interested in his story.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 2:45 pm

"Yeah. I figured starting out with something small would be good," Joshua replied with a small grin curling his lips, "Not too keen about trying the big stuff first. But, I want to try out stuff if I can, y'know?"

He certainly didn't like riding those crazy rides. They definitely looked scary and it would be just be too much to take on right away. But as always, taking a gradual approach should be good for him.

"Kurosawa? Cool. Yeah, I'm new to this whole region. I guess that also makes me new at this park too, huh?"

Sharaku, Tabitha, and Nozomi were some notable people he actually met so far. The weirdest had to be the older gentleman, he had the vibes of a well-mannered weird cultist. Hopefully Kurosawa won't be like him. Or else there's going to be an ongoing pattern here.

"Been noticing weird things are happening to the city. And I'm pretty much in the dark about it. Mind telling me the gist?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 4:56 pm

Oh... — Shunnosuke’s smile would fade thin over the time as much as his steps ceased, once the “weird things” topic rose. Oh geez...how was he going to explain it to a full extent? To a civilian? —  I don’t know exactly what I should tell you. It’s all over the place already. Rifts, black mist, some random ill-mannered lady claiming to be a goddess that’ll put this world down to nothing. That’s really sad they left such a mentally damaged person leave the hospital... — The tone the teenager used to explain it was rather indifferent. He couldn’t really explain that Thesis was the lady and she was truly a goddess willing to take her plan to completion, and they, merely humans, were in a crossfire between Angels and Primordials. Honestly, he’d rather be a regular civilian than someone with the power to prevent a catastrophe, someone whose only concerns would be which ride to pick in a park rather than who to fight or search in order to avoid the end of the world. Too much responsibility on the back of someone who already had enough. — Haven't you watched the broadcast?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 5:09 pm

"Uh... Huh. Riiiight."

Joshua looked at the guy with barely concealed skepticism. Alright, so he's also being a weirdo too. This was really a shame. The Kurosawa guy seemed to be an alright person too. So it clutches it, avoid good looking people from now on. They are apparently the crazy cuckoos of the city. Same with this goddess-wanna-be that the blonde told him about.

"Broadcast? There's actually a friggin' broadcast? Oh. Well... When I arrived, the T.V.'s broken. So I left it to get it fixed, should get it back by tonight."

Alright this is really starting to creep him out. So they actually broadcast crazies for everyone to see? What's going on here?

"So uh... I saw that green star last night. What the hell's that about?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 9:45 pm

Now, it was Shunnosuke's turn to be baffled at his reaction. Is Joshua serious? — ...are you serious? I mean, it's a rift appearing in the middle of the environment. Of course if you witness such thing, you'd call the press to investigate or at least spread it to a few people, no? It's only logical, though I'd rather if people act composed and don't make a fuss about it. — Shunnosuke would rather not talk about the day his name aired in a broadcast and he was outed as an user related to the supernatural events. —  I don’t know, maybe it's some shiny asteroid coming close enough to appear as big as a second sun, maybe some star exploded....or maybe it's indeed a second sun, which surely would explain the heat. There's no telling. — The teenager shrugged, deciding to end the topic right now. What's with the interest in these matters, after all? — So, other than these little details, is there something else you find interesting in Azores?

Last edited by Shunny on Sat Aug 22, 2015 10:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySat Aug 22, 2015 10:20 pm

"Well when you put it that way..." Joshua trailed off with signs of uncertainty, "I guess I'm just that unlucky about being this ignorant of what's happening, honestly."

That's really pretty much the gist of it, it seems. So much was left unknown to him. He knew nothing at all, if not near nothing. Maybe it really is a good time to get that television fixed soon. He would remember to make the trip to the shop right after the amusement park rides.

"Um, not that I know of? I mean, I did meet a Sharaku and I guess a Nozomi. Two random people. But the latter..."

He trailed off with a frown. That window shattered to pieces on that night. It was such a fright, a scary and unlucky one. Seriously, his luck is getting weird at this point.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:05 am

Oh Lord. No. No no no no no, noooooooo! Not him! Joshua just HAD to mention the name he had been trying to avoid remember, hadn't he? “Sharaku”. It’s as if he was all over the place, as if seeing his face everywhere wasn’t enough of a penalty for the teenager. As for Nozomi...he remembered the guy quite briefly. If only he was sober by the moment, but well, the memories were there. Fuzzy, but still there. And embarrassing memories, he should add. — Oh, that’s nice. Judging by their names, I guess we have a fairly large japanese community in the islands, isn’t that so? — There was something off about the way Shunnosuke smiled, even Joshua could tell, while maybe the guy wouldn’t be able to fully point out what. Anyway, Shunnosuke was just eager to end this topic again. Sigh, it was getting more and more displeasing to talk to this stranger. It’s like he was some sort of cosmic joke to the celestial higher-ups, or even retribution sent from Heavens above specifically to exploit his weaknesses and punish him for, who knows, throwing stones at Christ’s crucifixion in a previous life, or gluing chewed bubblegum on it, whatever is the heaviest sin. In any event, hopefully the topic was done with an off-handed comment like that. Besides, it wasn’t long until they approached the ride. There was a small line to wait in until their turn, and therefore Shunnosuke took a spot in line positioning himself, expecting Joshua to stand by him. Hopefully, a ride would scare his dramatic thoughts away. — The wait queue is not extensive, I’m glad. Meaning we’ll have your ride in a bit. The roller coaster line, however, must be down the corner, poor of those who went for it. — He giggled contemptuously, turning his attention to Joshua this time.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 1:35 am

"Now that you mention it... Yeah. I guess, that is true. Funny that."

Joshua realized this might suggest there's a heavy Japanese population in the region. It's the type of information that isn't quite that odd, really. Population aside, he was starting to notice something queer about that smile of his. Something just didn't feel right, but he never really questioned it. Probably best to let him be weird, if he wanted to.

They finally arrived at the teacup ride and thankfully the line wasn't too long. It looked pretty stable. Nothing too drastic as it just moved around in rotations and circles. Kurosawa seemed to enjoy knowing those who waited for roller coaster rides had to suffer long wait times.

"Tell me about it. Probably takes hours or so. I wouldn't want to wait that long," Joshua agreed with him with a small amused grin and then he asked, "So, tell me about yourself. Been living in Azores long?"
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 8:42 pm

Yeah. “Funny”. Shunnosuke nodded, not willing to elaborate on how flawed of a definition that word is to the situation in hands. Like, it’s definitely funny that a random guy you meet in your free time is acquainted with two lads you happened to have scored with, one of them in a club immediately after the two were introduced to each other. Hahaha, no.

Hm, yes. I was born in Penecia for all purposes, though my family from my mother side is entirely japanese they’ve lived in here for a while since they moved. As for my father, he’s from England. — Now he was speaking too much about himself, an uncommon practice unless he had interest in the person communicating with him...or unless he wanted to avoid talking about certain things. The line wasn’t moving at the speed of light either, meaning they’d have time to chat about amenities rather than unfortunate coincidences. — What about you? Where are you from?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) EmptySun Aug 23, 2015 9:35 pm

Kurosawa was definitely an individual with half of his line coming from England and Japan. It didn't surprise Joshua much. There was a bit of sophistication from him, not that all British people were supposed to be sophisticated. Though, he had gathered that some are. Since, tea time is apparently a thing, at least in Joshua's American mind.

"From the States. Both of my parents came there for the usual great opportunities they heard and I was born there. So I guess I'm a real American citizen or something. But don't get me wrong, not all of us spend all day eating hamburgers," he explained with a wry smile.

The boy looked back at the line. More of it started to dwindle and pretty soon it would be their turn.

"You sure you're okay with these kind of rides? They do go around in circles and all... Y'know. Dizziness and stuff."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)   Roaming Around (Shunnosuke) Empty

Back to top Go down

Roaming Around (Shunnosuke)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next