Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyMon Jul 13, 2015 4:52 pm

There was a lot going on so one thing at a time. First, this odd talk of powers. It didn’t think that the comment from earlier would get the conversation going further than the basics, but somehow it had. As it listened to the girl and then Shaku, the being would sigh lightly as it leaned its head against one hand in thought.

“A wall is a wall yes, but if one persistent enough you can knock it down,” the being said as it looked to the side a small hint of its dark side surfacing, but not enough for those not in the know to notice or catch on about. For the most part, Oki just seemed to be contemplating options and nothing more. However, green eyes would shift to Shaku and Rita as they spoke of the banter, but surprisingly Oki was rather unamused by them trying to correct what it already knew.

“A joke is a joke. We get that, but perhaps the wrong set of words were used to play along with it. I will practice a bit more so this misunderstanding won’t occur in the future,” the being said its voice monotone and almost mechanical as it watched both with an unreadable expression before blinking and looking away.

Whether it was them or something else, something apparently was rubbing the being the wrong way. Perhaps it was a mood swing, but then again perhaps it was not. It was hard to say and the being gave no hints as to what was wrong. Its mood would remain rather cool as it listened to information pass by.

“So on three occasions, the black and white reality appears here. Whether it is a world or not does not really matter. What matters is what was present when it occurred. Angel, we assume is the Reporter, if so then Rita and us have the same thing in common. Shaku…mentioned meeting Thesis before, no? Was it in this black and white reality you met her?” Oki asked and then after waiting for an answer looked to DJ.

“Hmm..so if the black and white world gave us power…then why did the world remain normalish with DJ? It kept its color even if our powers were activated during that time. Does such a difference signify something? And what of the tower? What does that have to do with anything?” Oki’s green eyes would move back to the others for answers.

When the subject changed, Oki listened carefully to what was said as it shifted in its chair and folded its arms, its eyes narrowed in thought at what was heard. So Ananke and Thesis were…shifting the angels into creatures and their lands into wastelands?

“That is quite an effort. It is almost as if those two thorns are trying to prep the angels and the worlds for something much uglier. Make them...how is it put? Presentable, yes?” Oki growled lightly clearly put out with the idea of angels shifting into monsters. If that ever happened to Deva…Oki didn’t know what it would do, but that was a matter for later. At least now Oki knew what to expect should another angel fall and it also had a name to one of the angels and a small frame of said angel's state of mind. The being indeed would hunt it that one down...and find out the truth and then exact judgment upon him.

That was the plan, but for now the being kept its thoughts hidden as the subject pretty much shifted from angels to a subject the being wanted to avoid: its association with Deva. Perhaps it was overprotectiveness, but…Oki was not exactly keen on giving that information out without the right prompting thus why it had given Shaku the look earlier; however, it appeared the silver head was more perceptive than it assumed. She caught on quickly to the hints and drew her conclusions.

“Impressive creature,” Oki said as its cat like eyes locked on the silver head. “Ritz wants to know about goddess? Well, what to say? She is the personification of emotion and kindness. A sort of innocence we love to protect,” Oki said its voice calm as its eyes watched the girl. “Ritz says she want to judge for herself the truth? Well so do we. It is why we hunt the angels in the first place. To judge and draw a final conclusion," Oki said finding no need to hide anymore now that it was called out on the issue….and as a result of this, it also stopped hiding completely behind friendliness. After all, if they wanted to work together they would have to be able to handle the broken being as it was. Shaku had already witnessed this once, so he was more prepared than the others. Still just how well could any of them work with the unstable? Time to find out.

Done playing with masks, Oki would close its eyes and nod as the talk of landscapes flowed about.

“Mmm, but swamps and ice scapes can be freely explored for angels. So much easier than home. I say both are worth a second and third look. Although….that stupid weed is the swamp,” Oki said as it looked up at the ceiling with a frown. Stupid plant....

“I am not sure….if the gases it let off has spread out since then and if so….how dangerous it is. Regardless,” Oki looked back at the others as it reached up with one finger and tapped the side of its head. “Angels are hiding in there, so we’d have to take some risk on gaining the truth no? Maybe find out what there favorite snack is and offer it to get them to come out,” Oki said with a chuckle and grin. The last part was a joke rather than something to take serious. Speaking of food…where was the fruit and water? Did they not have any?

Note: Oki is revealing some of its true self. It is not trying to harm, but due to Rita making the connections, the being plans to be more or less honest with this situation. This does not mean it has befriended anyone (outside of the ones it has gotten along with thus far), but it is giving the ones presence some of form of trust...even if its mood is highly unstable.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:02 am

The talk was all so confusing... Though, what did the DJ really expect? It was obvious she'd have to really dissect everything and put the pieces together... But right now she could at least ask for help on the puzzle, right? Though... Would she really get up to date on everything? She hadn't even found the time to go visit the tower yet... What was even there...? An angel, maybe... Considering what the conversation was leading too, it made sense, really... Though, a light nod was pointed towards Sharaku when he explained the angel too her. That made better sense of a confusing topic at the least... Maybe...

"So... We want to make sure the angels don't get hurt then, right? The other worlds have people livin in them too, yah? If we don't stop Ananke and this Thesis from hurtin the angels, them people could get hurt... That ain't good." the DJ said, tapping her foot lightly on the ground, crossing her arms as she thought. How would one go about protecting the angels though? Hm...

"Um... So, an angel lives in the tower, right? So, are they safe from Ananke and Thesis? If they are, maybe we can convince the other angels too go stay there... Or, at least go somewhere safer in their worlds? If they can make a place safe like the tower, then they'd be protected... Or, maybe we can, like, make a decoy? Maybe it'll trick one of them two baddies so we can get a head's start, ya know? Then we can get the angel too safety, right?" the DJ said with a light smile, hopefully her ideas made sense... She really didn't know much, but maybe her input would be helpful to a degree? Unless the two veterans had already tried her ideas... Then she was just a bumbling fool... Eh heh... Though... Oki knew an angel... The DJ trusted her enough to not press the matter further... That was all.

"... The world was normal for me, Oki. Nothing changed besides me, really... I mean, even if the world turned black and white the screaming people where to distracting for me to notice anything..." the DJ said with a light sigh, twisting a strand of her hair as she spoke. She was kinda useless... Though, with Oki she knew she wouldn't be too terribly useless... Even if she was acting a little stranger than normal...

"I do agree with Oki though... That weed might cause issues later... If Standasen ever gets... Corrupted, then it could cause issues later... That won't be good, right?" the DJ said with a light tilt of her head, slightly curious towards what the other two would say on the matter. Maybe this was a test of her own... She didn't know Rita too well and Sharaku was... Odd to say the least. The only person she really trusted above all else was Oki... That was it, really... She hoped the other two would understand if she had to... Like, not be open about things... Though, what little she knew was already said so... Empty threats, heh.
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:58 am

"Not in my experience." Shadows weren't walls, their essences were supernatural, you couldn't rely on sheer strength to tear through something a Shadow resisted. It simply didn't work that way. Crymson had told her of people who were able to do it, but even they couldn't rely on sheer strength alone, it was specialization. "Even if someone is an experienced fighter, Shadows aren't going to be knocked down so easily. If they aren't affected by an element, well, that isn't a wall, it's a void. And, as I'm sure everyone knows, you can't exactly knock down a void... only fill it." It wasn't that enemies were blocking elements, those elements simply didn't affect them, purely and simply that. You couldn't knock it down... because there was nothing to knock down.

"No harm from it. I didn't take them too seriously myself." It wasn't like Oki said anything that could be misconstrued or offensive. A joke was a joke, nothing more than that in the end. "A black and white reality... I like to think of it as another world, personally. It doesn't feel like ours, so that's the natural path to take, at least, judging from what happened to me. Regardless of that, I can only see that reality being connected to Angel herself. I sincerely doubt that was where Sharaku met Thesis but hey, what do I know? Might be." She'd look at Sharaku, then close her eyes. That was her own opinion on the matter, she simply didn't find it plausible that a Primordial appeared there, of all places, when all previous events had some connection to Angel. Sharaku said it was near the Radio Tower, right? Well, that just proved that Tower was something more than what it seemed right from the beginning, pure and simple.

"That world doesn't give us power. It's a mimicry of an alternate reality, like any other behind the rifts. Difference being, in our case, we didn't have an Angel to affect the world around us. Make sense? The only reason I can come up with to explain it is that Angel somehow influenced the world, even time seemed to be frozen when it happened to me, but when Ananke came along, not nearly the same. The difference isn't just a change in color, I'll tell you that much." It wasn't like you could slap a filter on our world and call it another, there was something more to all this, and Rita could tell. Ananke didn't influence the world with his presence, he influenced them, allowing them to summon their Personae or supernatural power of any kind. The world still felt like their own, while the reality with Angel... didn't.

"I figured. The destruction came with the Corruption, there was nothing we could have done to prevent it this time... Regardless, I'm glad the Angel is safe. Israfel, was it? Interesting..." The name was familiar, if only because of the internet. Rita had a fascination for religion and such, but strangely, that name only came to her mind from YouTube. Easily, she brought out her phone, skillfully typing in a note of the names she already knew of all the Angels she discovered. This would need some work later...

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 FJk9foo

"..." Rita's brow twitched if only slightly at Oki's words. An Angel Hunter? "I see... a Hunter of Angels, then, are you?" To the silvernette, it was fairly amazing how contradicting this Angel seemed to be of... herself, she guessed. An innocence someone would love to protect, yet she has her followers hunt other Angels? Well, Rita guessed that was only natural. "Interesting... I wonder what you will do, then." Rita slammed her phone shut, bearing a heavy expression. This had turned sour for her, but that was fine, no harm given yet. "Oki-san... are you interested in a gamble? I'm betting I can deduce a few things about your Angel, based off what I already know. A being of pure emotion... emotion and kindness, you say? Logical may it be her Reason would be one for peace, then. Which begs the question of why she's residing in Alternate San Malarus... I've only heard stories about that alternate reality, but it always struck me as the polar opposite of your Angel's wish."

Rita tapped her finger on the table and clammed up for a moment as Kitty entered with a large tray, held masterfully in one hand. "Sorry for the wait, nya, here's what you ordered. It took me a while to find where we kept our fruit stock, but I made both with all my heart. I hope you all like it, nya~" The catgirl maid set everyone's orders in front of them, Sharaku getting the same Rita was eating while both DJ and Oki got a decorated crystal bowl filled with a varied selection of arranged fruits. If they were to taste it, they'd find that all that was on their bowl was fresh and juicy, and each bowl looked very different, seeing as Kitty had put them together by hand herself. Part of the reason why she took so long. "Rinya-dono, you look a bit stressed, are you alright, nya?" The worried comment took the silvernette by surprise as she flinched, immediately sighing and shaking her head to dismiss it. "It's fine, Kristina, you don't have to worry about it. If it's anything you need to know, I'll talk to you about it later, alright?" Breaking her mood for only a moment, Kitty pouted, but alas, reluctantly nodded and returned to behind the counter, messing with a few things for other customers' orders.

"Now then... I have to ask something of you, Oki-san. Being involved with the Alternate World of San Malarus, you surely know something about an event called the Red Storm, no?" Rita put a hand to her face, covering most of her expression aside from a clear frown and an almost glowing red eye looking at Oki. She didn't imagine this person actually knowing much, but anything was of value to her... "If you don't know much, that's fine... but anything you do know would be of great importance to me. So please, if there's anything you do know, I assure you, you can trust me. We're on the same side, Oki-san, right?" The silvernette was asking the hard questions now, though willingly or not was up to interpretation. She couldn't say what her goal was, and it wasn't anyone's business to find out... she was telling the truth, that's all that mattered.

"Up the tempo... keep it going." Discreetly, Rita took a fairly lengthy breath, despite not making any less or more noise as she did so. "In any case. If we are to investigate Alternate Standasen, it would be best to deal with that... Shadow, I'm assuming, in the process. I'm sure it will make our progress smoother, regardless, in the long run." After speaking for a bit, the silvernette took her own bit of time to consider Rin's words. They... didn't sound bad, but more so, they sounded off to her. Improbable, in a sense, very unlikely.

"I honestly sincerely doubt the Angels could be swayed to leave their worlds, but by all means, if you wish to try it, it isn't something completely absurd. As for a decoy... I fail to see how a Deity's presence could be replicated. We felt it with Ananke before, no? They all seem to have their own feel about them. Besides, the Primordials can apparently 'smell' Angels, in a sense, so perhaps the only suitable decoy is an Angel's follower, if anything." It wasn't a badly made plan, but it had its flaws. It would work in very specific circumstances, that was certain, but good luck actually fulfilling them. At least, Rita wasn't optimistic about it actually working, not when they were dealing with supernatural deities, not just normal entities... these beings held power, great one at that, she didn't believe they'd be fooled by regular means. "And really... I don't imagine the Angels would fall for bait, regardless of how tasty it actually is."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 7:32 am

Technically speaking. But he hadn't meant the type of wall that would crumble eventually if you kept hitting it. When something doesn't work at all, then it doesn't. Sharaku would give Oki a blank look as Rita spoke. ''I second that. I don't mean a wall that simply tanks the hits and takes a while to fall apart. I meant a complete immunity. I've seen that happen even with people. The said attacks simply pass through, and do literally no harm. You can do it over and over again, but if for example, something is immune to Ice...no matter in what ways, or how many times you use it, it will do nothing at all to an opponent like that. And the stronger ones seem to be capable of those tricks. If we were to fight one that isn't affected exactly by all we have, we would pretty much lose.'' It wasn't as simple as Oki put it. As nice as that sounded. Sometimes, an action had no effect period.

He would simply shrug at the joke talk. The point was getting moot by now. He would stare ahead thoughfully for a while. ''I believe the black and white scenery is a result of some sort of breach. Shadows tend to appear when it happens, which means they have to be breaking out from the other worlds. Perhaps it is that momentary connection between the two that causes the reality to shift. The time freezes for those that do not have a Persona, or similar abilities, or so it seems. From what I deduce, only those with power can function when it happens.'', he would state, tapping his fingers against the table in contemplation. ''I know of 4 times that it happened. There may have been more. I don't exactly ask every person I know whether they ran into such an occurence. Either way, it seems to be a specific phenomenon that happens when Shadows cross over to this world, whether Angel has something to do with it, or not. As Rita said, it was different with Ananke. Most likely because he is not a Shadow, and has the capability to allow us to use our powers here in a different way. I've been in a similar situation once as well, with another person that used some sort of machine to emulate the effect, without the color change.'' It was some sort of anomaly. He personally didn't think it was directly linked to the Angel. Maybe she could influence it to happen with her powers though. Or perhaps she just liked to be around to observe how people handled the occurence, seeing as she had to know what it meant when it happened. Being a deity, perhaps she even knew when and where would such happen, so she could come there.

''And no. I didn't meet Thesis there. I met her in one of the other worlds. Lunapa specifically. It has been long ago. I don't know if you remember the case where two girls were kidnapped in the past. She was behind it...'', he would trail off with a frown, before looking towards Rita. ''Actually, one of them was Lune Dalamar. You remember her, right? We met at the hospital that one time. In any case. People know Lewis Rhodes as the kidnapper, and I believe he is still in prison now. However, Thesis was the mastermind behind it. She somehow bestowed him with powers that were similar to those of a Persona. She wanted him to find someone by the nickname 'Dally'. Lewis apparently assumed it was Lune, because her last name is somewhat similar to that word. Thus he brought her to Thesis to the other world. And another girl got caught up in that when trying to stop him.'', he would elaborate matter-of-factly. ''I still don't know who was Thesis really looking for, or what does she need them for exactly. She hadn't told us much back there. We didn't even know her name, nor what she is at that time. I can say she is powerful, however, even though she did not choose to fight us.'' Hm. It was still something up in the air. No one really brought up the Dally deal since, seeing as so much was going on now. Was Thesis still doing something about that? She seemed to be busy destroying the worlds now, however.

He would frown lightly when Rita commented that she was glad Israfel was safe. Well...he doubted it would stay like that for too long. ''For now...'', he would mutter. ''As far as I know, their main goal is destruction. Of both the other worlds, and ours.'', he'd comment flatly towards Oki. He would remain quiet through the San Malarus talk. He knew enough of what was within his interest at the moment, so he would only listen, unless something that took his attention came up. Though, he didn't really like the term Oki used. Hunting. Sure, he was for the idea of talking to the Angels for some information. But hunting them and passing judgement? No. He couldn't tell whether the Angels were right or wrong. And even if he disagreed with their ideals, he would not see that as enough to pass some judgement. He would nod towards the cat girl when she came around, though he would leave the food as is for now. He was too busy trying to focus on all that was being said.

He would shake his head as DJ spoke. ''I don't think we can make the Angels come out of their world. Israfel said that he would stay there until he was called back, presumably by whoever is above him in rank. Either that or if he was defeated or simply destroyed. He said that we can either join him, or we would face him in battle sooner or later. He is implying that the Angels must be fought in the end...perhaps aside from the one you join, if you even do. Apparently, it's in the rules of this 'Event', as they call it. I'm not making full sense of it yet. He refused to tell us everything, claiming that we should ask other Angels for the follow ups if we want them. That aside, he said the obvious that Thesis and Ananke need to be defeated to stop the assaults towards our world from happening. Though, he skipped telling us how, only saying that it isn't a simple task, pretty much.'' And that's that. Well, sort of, unless they asked for more.

He would shrug at the Standasen problem. ''I'm not particularly worried about some weed Shadow. There is no chance it is any close to the strength of an Angel. If we take care of it, we will. I don't really care. I wouldn't say it is a priority.'' Eh, so it had some gas. But Oki and DJ were obviously still in the realm of the living, and he would guess Rin's power level wasn't extremely high as of yet. Therefore, he didn't see a problem with the so called weed. Having the Angel fall would be the actual problem.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:44 am

Oki would give Rita and Shaku an unreadable expression as they both seemed to translate its words of knocking down a wall in a literal sense. It seemed to the being that they were putting an emphasis on something it already knew, but it let them talk not really in the mood to explain what it meant by wall or breaking them. After all, while it may be difficult a shadow was a living creature and all living creatures were mortal supernatural or not. They could die. One just had to find more creative ways to skin the cat so to speak.

In any case, the being would only close its eyes as it gave the pair a small smile and a small nod, appearing to agree, but knowing in the back of its mind these two probably would not agree or see eye-to-eye with it when it came to methods of performing things. Still, despite this rough area, Oki remained relatively calm as it let that little debate drop.

It would open one eye as Rita spoke of the joke business. To her words, the being gave her a light smirk of mischief as it looked her up and down with that one eye. “I see,” it said with a hint of play to its voice, but then just as suddenly it would become serious once more.

“Hmmm….perhaps Shaku is right. Perhaps Ms. Reporter was only there to observe a few instances and the real cause was the shadows leaking over, but if that is the case that begs the question as to why that occurred. Is someone, like our lovely destroyers, stirring them up? Or have the shadows evolved into something more and now wants our world too?” Oki said as it considered the possibility of such an event. Hmmm…was Thesis and Ananke causing the leaks or were they simply adding onto a bigger problem at hand?

“We have demi-gods are over here, shadows over there, angels are somewhere in between, and now we have machines to throw into the mix of curious things that can activate the power within those with potential. We are not sure how the machine got in there, but I know where to dig for more information. I hope it is nothing, but I’d rather know for certain if reality defying machines are being built and in turn being handed out to whoever suits the supplier’s purposes. We have enough going on as it is. I honestly don’t want to see another terrorist group added to the mix. Assuming that is even a variable here,” Oki said before thinking for a moment before it looked at Shaku as he spoke on Thesis.

“How curious. Angels are search for champions and Thesis seems to use the same method; however, the angels are more restrictive in their nature than the enemy,” Oki said with a hum before looking to the others.

“Angels cannot move from their worlds from what I can tell. They only guard what is there. Goddess has confirmed this and now we have a second angel that said pretty much the same. So if anything the battle is brought to them,” Oki would look over at Rita with a smirk as it heard her words. Both she and Shaku seemed a bit put out by the idea of being a hunter of angels.

“You draw a lot of conclusions from data gathered and while it is true that goddess seems contradicting to the world she resides in, is it not also just making up another facet of her? She is kind and innocent, but her world is cruel and merciless. The nature of each contradicts and compliments each other making a whole. The fact she resides in a less than desirable location simply means she has found a place to at least attempt to spread her idea of peace. Like it has been said, the angels are preparing to be fought in the end, so why not find a spot where fighters already resided?” Oki asked and then seeing the cat lady coming with food. It would fall silent for a moment and allow the other to place the items in front of their respective owners. When things were set and the woman had moved away, Oki would look at the fruit and pop one in its mouth.

For a split second, the being’s mood changed completely as it enjoyed the taste of the delicious items.

“Oki could marry kitty lady for such a divine choice of food. So good. We be sure to repay her well,” Oki said truly happy; however, after a few more pieces it refocused on the conversation as it pointed its fork at Rita.

“You ask if we are hunter? Yes we are, but you and Shaku don’t have to frown so much. I am not out to slay angels without reason. We are simply trying to understand the views here and in turn figure out if there is indeed another path outside of this whole war against everyone thing. We will admit we are quite cruel when it comes to end results; however, before going down that path, I like to see my options,”
Oki said with a smile and then hearing DJ words let the other speak before itself.

“If only it was that easy my dear; however, as stated the angels are quite stuck and while it would be nice to have decoys I don’t even think champions or servants can work. One little servant had no effect on Ananke, so I highly doubt having more in front of them would do any good…unless someone had some major power behind them. I am not sure if the angels want to protected or not. I suppose you could try that, I for one would like to see what came out of that option,” Oki said and then nodded lightly about the whole issue with the swamp.
“So we finally agree upon something. That plant…..it needs to go. And the place where it makes its home is worth a second look, yes?” Oki asked and then remembering a questions from before its eyes would look back to Rita.

“As for Red Storm. I am not sure of all the details, but I do know that the event had to do with someone or something like us. Something with power. When Hyde took on a challenge in the world and in turn revealed his power, he set off many bells and whistles that in turn put the area on high tension when it comes to our kind. I am starting to think the Red Storm may have been a person that almost destroyed the world before….and something tells me that said storm may only be at a calm point now. Perhaps the rest of its wrath will appear if this chaos keeps up….Speculations off a gut feeling, but that is what I know thus far.”
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 12:47 pm

Why was everything so... Tense all of the sudden... It felt like they really weren't a team at the moment... The DJ would sigh quietly to herself, trying her best to still the tension she helf inside of her. Yes, they may be a team... But Sharaku was so odd, Rita seemed so naturally cold, and Oki was acting different than she normally did... It bothered the DJ... How could a team like this really work in the long run of things. It could really only lead too a falling apart... And as things stood right now, she figured she'd be the only one too really care... But, brave faces right now... She wouldn't look weak right now, she'd be strong so these guys saw how tough she really was.

She stayed quiet on the jokes comment and all... It didn't really matter to her. If it was dry humor, then it wasn't found funny by anyone who didn't enjoy dry humor themselves. Oh well... It just showed that Sharaku and Rita where at least some level of friends. Maybe that'd help them in the future... Though, if they'd open up too her and Oki was really left in the dark. The DJ liked too think she got along with people, but even she had her limits... Limits Sharaku had almost broke the last time they met... Hopefully that wouldn't happen again... She put money on the side that it would though.

"Rita... Can you please not... Act so cold in a situation like this, please? I realize tensions are high and stuff, but there's no point in poking at Oki's angel... She might be the most contradicting angel in existence, but what point is there in pointing that out?" the DJ said as she crossed her arms, lightly tapping her foot on the ground, trying to cool her head. She didn't want to get angry... Or unhappy or anything. She needed to stay level headed. "I know Oki... They'd never do something malicious... Even if these angels want to cause a war or something... There ain't no point in focusing on that now. We'll cross that bridge when the time comes, right? We're a team, we have to stick together... Right?" the DJ said with a hum, knowing her logic was faulty. She'd be called out on it, she had no doubt... Though, at least the food came along to end whatever else was going to be said. She smiled and bowed her head lightly to the cat lady, taking the fork and eating a few of the fruits. They where fresh and wonderful...

"Heh, don't you have someone already though, Oki?" the girl said with a light laugh, brushing a strand of hair from her face. The tease was meant in good fun while the tension was gone for the moment. Maybe they could focus on something less... Jabby or something... She didn't want the team to fall apart after the first mission though... What could she really do? She doubted Sharaku would listen to her, same went to Rita... Though, maybe she could convince Oki too stay around if she ever decided not too... Family and all...

"... So... This is some kind of game then...? Twisted game..." the DJ said with a sigh, tapping her fork on one of the fruits in her bowl. That was something she could have lived without hearing but... Maybe it made sense.... If this was all a game, there could be cheat codes somewhere, right? Though... How would one cheat at a game like this...? Was it even possible with what knowledge they knew of? She didn't know... The DJ just huffed before talking. "Maybe there's a cheat code somewhere... Maybe a rule book at the least...?" the DJ said halfheartedly. Maybe the angel int he tower would have a rule book? Though, she doubted she'd be any help if she was anything like this Isfrael... Bloody help he sounded to be... Maybe a song would make him talk a bit? Maybe some alcohol and some soothing scents... Heh, seducing an angel... That'd be a sight...

"Yah, I figured... Maybe we could, like, ask the angels? They have power, right? Maybe they can make a decoy or something... Though, I bet you'd have to join them... And I don't know if... Um, aligning with every angel is a smart idea, huh?" the DJ said with a light sigh. This was getting annoying... What was the point of the game if they couldn't do anything? Looking at it like that, protecting the angels was the goal... But, that was impossible without doing the impossible... It didn't make sense...

"... I guess this is a silly question, but which worlds do you guys know about the angels? Is it just Isfrael, Oki's angel, the angel in this world, and the one from the prison?" the DJ asked with a light tilt too her head. It was good too at least know what to do at the moment... Go too the worlds, find angels, tell them to do something they might not be able to do, then let them get corrupted... Then beat up the corruption... But... That was stupid... That wasn't the right way to play the game... There had to be a way to prevent the corruptions without doing the impossible... She bit her lip as she thought, not really paying attention to anything else as she thought intently. Maybe if she had a map... Like, one of those giant cork boards with pictures and stuff all over it with string and shiz... She needed too see things physically...
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 1:27 pm

The moot points were moot, that much was clear. The real question, though... "Isn't that too convenient to be a coincidence? I remember her behavior in my encounter with her, she even seemed to summon the Shadows herself, for some reason or another. I don't really know what her reason would be for that, but what it is, I can't say." Honestly, there wasn't much that COULD be said on this without crossing into the territory of speculation. What they could and should do, though, was visit Angel and ask these questions personally.

"Machines? What do you mean? Please elaborate further." Rita was interested in this new business. What did Oki mean by machines? She hadn't been informed of anything like that. "Well, at least it makes it easier for us to meet them, if anything." The Angel talk was getting tiresome, it seemed they were dawning on a conclusion about their patterns... well, more lack there of. If the Angels stayed put in their world, though, better for them, right?

Rita'd once again close her eyes with a sigh. "I draw conclusions from what I already know and knew. All that you said to me only makes me wonder why the world seems to have stayed with its same feel of aggression from the beginning. I see no difference in the stories told from you and the stories told from before, which only further my belief that your Goddess doesn't have much of a hold on the world she governs. Now, whether that is her fault or not, I can't say, I don't know her. And again, I can only draw from reports, not my own testimony, so errors are bound to appear." The silvernette only blinked for a moment at Rin's comment, closing her eyes again afterwards. Cold? That wasn't the case. If she wanted to be cold, she wouldn't have given Oki a chance to back down from talking in the beginning.

"Perhaps I misspoke." When Oki pointed the fork at her, they'd find it suddenly leave their hands as a blur traveled in front of them, the utensil suddenly appearing in Rita's right hand as she twirled it. "My intentions weren't to be cold. I knew it was a sensitive subject, hence I gave the one that needed to answer a chance to back down from it. I'm not forcing anyone to talk, but I have every intention of all of us leaving this place today with the same exact knowledge. Now, then..." Stopping the fork for a moment, Rita presented its handle back to Oki, letting them take it if they wished. Truly, it was just a display of what she could do alone, without a Persona. Sharaku had already seen it with his butterfly, and now everyone had seen it with the fork. Rita could move her hands faster than basically anyone else, so a contest of speed using those alone would be futile. And besides... it was an easy way to make someone flinch, if anything.

"A Hunter is a Hunter, the word itself bears a connotation of death in it. Then again, there are hunters who hunt for fun, those who let their prey go. Regardless of that, I don't find it right to treat the Angels as prey, regardless of whom you're aligned with. I judge only their power, their Reason isn't of any concern to me. I don't plan on relying on the Angels to do humanity's dirty work, that job is ours and only ours." Rita tapped her lips. "And yet, consideration of every possible path is what one should do. For the moment, though, deciding on what Angel to ally with shouldn't be anyone's main concern. While the Primordials are still around to do what they do, then they should be our first target." In a second, a large chunk of Rita's cake would be gone as she placed a fork into her mouth, eating as cleanly and elegantly as she spoke.

"Someone...?" Rita put a hand up to her face, gritting her teeth visibly. She always forgot this part. There was no use in her justifying something for herself, she needed to consider others too. "Lia..." She knew the person she loved wasn't in the hospital anymore, but there were various people who all had someone they needed to keep safe too. She didn't have the right to revoke their chance for it, right? Well, she did know that already. This was a sensitive subject for her, though, even if it wasn't addressed at her.

"I don't find the possibility of an Angel creating a decoy plausible. That's all I'll say on the matter." The silvernette shook her head, only letting out a sigh. "Not only is it not a good idea, I doubt it's possible. I imagine that, like Ananke, Angels can tell whether you're aligned with another or not. Knowing how every Angel wishes for their own world... no, I can't see it being possible in the least." At least not right now, Rita didn't, but that was a talk for another time.

"All of them. I'm positive all Alternate Worlds contain an Angel." Was there even anything else to say after that? Hell, Rita would just state that as a matter of fact. It was easy for her to come to that conclusion.

"Hmmm..." Rita considered Oki's words carefully. "Almost, but not quite. The Red Storm was an event that completely wiped out Persona Users and other humans... well, non-humans included, with Supernatural powers from the Alternate World of San Malarus a long time ago. I know Hyde's fight did raise... quite a number of alarms. From what I heard, at least, the people there constantly live in fear of any Users or similar." The silvernette pinched the bridge of her nose. She was close, she could feel it. "Oki-san, how are you able to travel into that Alternate World safely? I'd imagine you have at least Deva's protection, but unless you're able to hide your powers very well, I'd find it very difficult for someone, anyone, to travel safely in a world filled with fear-ridden people on the lookout for any possible Users. I've heard they've been wary of outsiders in general ever since that event." Again, this wasn't an accusation, Rita was genuinely curious, if her tone was any indication. Really, she could think of quite a few possibilities, but the only one she could accept as true for the moment was the one Oki responded with to that question. After that, well... best to not bet on her pessimistic tendencies.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:22 pm

To be completely truthful, Sharaku had pretty much nothing to say at this point. This talk was all he could deduce on his own. And not like he hadn't thought of the options before. There was little point in saying the same thing over and over with small alterations here and there. That, and this much conversation all over the place was starting to tire him out. He would frown at the machine part, however. What? He had only mentioned that to have something else than Ananke to put in comparison to the black and white appearances. He wasn't sure why exactly did Oki draw that one out. And now Rita was asking. To be honest, he doubted it would come in play at all. It had nothing to do with the actual situation in Azores. He knew Maya did not care about what was going on. She had her personal agenda after all. Unless other types of people had those things, it shouldn't matter to most people. ''......'', he would shake his head. ''I didn't exactly mention machines for the subject to get dissected. I don't think there's much need to bother over it.'', he would state, looking towards Oki. ''I don't think you need to poke around it. It has to do with that woman I warned you about last time we spoke. So you can guess what kind of people she would have it from. I doubt it is of any concern to normal people, nor what we are facing here in Azores. I'd say at this point, it is enough that I've gotten myself in that mess. You don't need to too. We have a lot on our hands otherwise already. Unless you want to deal with them again...? If anything, I'll take care of that problem when I get the time, since she already dragged me in.'', he'd elaborate with a blank face, before turning to Rita. ''At any rate, I'm not sure if talking about that kind of stuff is worth it now. I don't really care anymore, since several people know already. Though, I don't know if you guys want to lose appetite now that you got food. Because there is a not so pleasant story behind it all.'', he'd add, his tone rather flat. He honestly didn't mind at this point. Though, the fact that they didn't meet for that kind of thing still remained.

He would turn towards the DJ when she called out Rita on being cold. ''I believe the point of it is stating one's opinion and what they think. She did not use vulgar words or insult Oki, did she? Is stating what you honestly think considered cold nowadays? If we chose to not point things out just because they aren't sweet, and could possibly offend someone indirectly...Why are we even talking to begin with? Might as well zip our mouths, since it's a safer option. Then there is no point in a discussion.'' Really however. He often got called out on that too...but as nice as it was to sugarcoat what you want to say...what was the point? To pamper everyone? Why did people immediately take such words as a sort of offense...hell if he'd ever understand. He would shrug at her next point when she mentioned doing malicious things. ''I think that would depend on your definition of malicious, but I digress for now.'' He wasn't in the mood to argue, really. But he didn't necessarilly agree. Oki didn't seem to wish for bad things directly, but it itself stated that it was cruel when it came down to business. He wouldn't be so sure to state that it wouldn't at this point.

That said, he would lean back in his seat, closing his eyes. He didn't find it worth to pitch anything into the following conversations right now. He was listening, but that was that.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 10:47 pm

“It may be coincidence or it may not be. If the shadows’ purpose is to consume what is not itself then perhaps the angels are seen as a threat and as a result of this one moving about….they may be targeting her for specific reasons. It is hard to say without much proof, but she is indeed the strangest of the beings thus far. Everyone else is pretty clear cut, but she is quite a beautiful question mark,” Oki said as it stopped eating for a moment and patted one of its pockets. It would pull a small notebook and pen out and write in hardly legible handwriting the note to go check these questions out with the angel from the tower. As it wrote, Oki seemed to concentrate on each letter before nodding at what it considered was good writing. Once done it would nod.

“So can we agree, she is worth figuring out a bit more?” it asked as it looked up at the group before blinking at Rita’s question. It was about to say something, but Shaku’s words cut it off. As it listened it let out a light hum as it puffed its cheeks in thought as it weighed its options before it spoke again.

“Not looking to dig into that subject per se, but more like see if there is something similar on the other side. If they could make such machines what is stopping something else from doing the same? A light curiosity is all,” Oki said as it gave Shaku an even stare for a moment. “And quite frankly, I cannot leave that alone until I get a yes or no from the other side,” Oki said with a light sigh before it closed its eyes with a light nod.

“Probably best to leave that one buried then unless it is portent to the subject at hand,” Oki said before opening its eyes and going back to the fruit. When Rita made a comment about her data gathering skills, Oki gave her a light smirk.

“Mm. We are impressed with the skill, so forgive if what I said offended. Did not intend that with my words,” Oki said in a surprisingly gentle way before it was being knocked out of that mood by DJ and then the others.

“Neh…this be not a fun topic now. How did we get here? I thought we were talking other worlds not the difference between words. Come. Come. This be open table for information and coorperation. No need for flames to go flying, yes?” Oki said trying to soothe over this suddenly tense situation as it looked from one person to the other…mainly keeping an eye on DJ and Shaku. It wasn’t sure of their relation, but something was telling it maybe they were not on good terms.

In any case as long as nothing came from that Oki had no reason to shield DJ from anything yet, so it would remain more or less calm…until its fork was taken. Looking at its now empty hand and then to the silvernette that had its fork, Oki would remain completely focused on her as she spun the fork and spoke of hunters.

“Yes. That be the problem of the word, but I am not looking to kill if there is another option in the game,” Oki said and then blinking would look at the fork being offered. It would hesitate for a moment as it looked at the other suspiciously an old habit gained from being hurt in the past by such gestures, but eventually it would reach out and take the fork surprisingly gently from the other. With its fork back in hand it went back to the fruit content once more.

“DJ does to have to worry. Oki will stick with her like we said before,” the being said and then shook its head lightly.

“I cannot say if the angels are malicious or not. They be as confusing as the instructions given. Thus why going face-to-face with them is something that has to be done. As for Thesis and her brother, while I am sure one was just toying with us, I wonder how we can stop what they are plotting before they get far. If we need the angels’ powers to fight back, then I am not sure if it is better to go after angels or go after them. Unlike the angels we have no idea how to track them…do we?” Oki asked looking at the group for answers or opinions. How did they go about hunting those two anyway? Or were they sitting right in front of them? Derp...that was going no where now was it? Neh. What to do?

“Hmm,” Oki would look over at DJ with a blink as she mentioned having someone before it swallowed the fruit it was working on as it gave her a sheepish grin.

“This be true, but still. She be wonderful to find such food. I wonder if he can cook or do the same, Neh is it wrong to want both?” Oki said the last part trailing off as it looked at the ceiling a bit distracted until it heard the silvernette speak in quiet tones. Oho?

“How is the circus lady? Did she recover? And what of the glasses gent? Seen him as of late?” Oki would ask Rita as it watched her with a gentle gaze. It wasn’t being cruel this time, it was genuinely concerned about another that had survived Ananke. Was it so wrong to get off topic a bit? And who knew maybe those two could lead to more doors being open. In any case, it had to ask.

In any case, as Shaku went to simply listening as the decoy thing came up, Oki would consider each lady's words carefully.

“A decoy…might work. Not for angels, but to draw out other things, but that would require more than one servant of an angel to work. Hmmm….and I am not sure how many would be willing to carry such a burden…I know from experience it would be most unwise to jump on an offer without considering what they say carefully,” Oki said in quiet tones as it rubbed its chin in thought for a moment before nodding.

“Mmm..yes. Each world has 'a friend to be found and visiting the purple world can help humanity greatly'...” Oki muttered and then blinked as it came back to reality. “The Reporter said these words before when I first got my power. It didn’t make sense back then, but now that is a bit clearer. The angels of each world…and the corruption that is now occurring….she said it would happen, but what could be helpful from going to the world of corruption if monsters wait there? This is not making any sense the more we try to untangle it….Makes less sense when you only know one "friend" well and the rest only by name…” Oki said with a light huff as it went for another fruit piece.

Clink!

Hmmm?

Oki looked down at the bowl. There was no…no more fruit….why?

Oki’s eye twitched slightly at this, but thankfully Rita distracted it from the issue of fruit and brought it back to the task at hand.

“…” it was quiet for a moment as it considered her words watching her carefully before making a judgment call and nodding.

“The angels don’t control their worlds they reside in. They wait for the right hosts or allies to come to them and gather under a banner to achieve their goal. I am not sure how aware the people are of goddess, but I know for fact if it was just her, I might not be here now. The power of an angel is quite impressive. The fearful would have no problem destroying that if it meant protecting home,” Oki said watching her carefully. "I don’t think it is goddess who protects me in that situation. I think it is her champion. Her champion is quite strong both physically and up here,” Oki tapped its head. “I am connected to the champion and the champion is in turn connected to enough in that world that I have my safe passage in that world,” Oki finished leaving it at that as it tilted its head as Rita as if it was allowing her to dig further if she wanted too.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 10:54 am

The talk about shadow robots confused the DJ. She decided it was best too simply noy try and put input on that. What would she say, regardless? She didn't even know what a shadow was besides weird gross monsters that needed to be smashed into dust. Though... They where very ruthless in battle... If they got out into the real world, who knew what would happen... Casualties, that's what... Ugh, everything was so stupid confusing...

When the topic rolled around to what she said, she'd give her bowl of fruit a light glare, her hands in her lap as she listened to what Sharaku said. She'd scoff and roll her eyes, looking over at Sharaku with a pensive look. If he'd want to say that, then find. She wasn't going to let herself be misinterpreted.

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 Thumb

"If I wanted to say someone was really being cold, it would have been someone else, Sharaku. I was saying that because the way she presented herself in the situation and the words she used where as if she was treating Oki and their angel as if they where nothing but video game waifus and husbandos. I found that cold, so sorry if it offended either of you." the DJ said before straight out glaring at the man. If he wanted to play, then let's play. "So, why work with someone possibly malicious then? I'm sure someone as smart as you would know not to work with a secret mass murderer or someone wanting to secretly enslave you or whatever. I know full well what malice is, Sharaku. Oh, but again, I digress." she said before forcefully stabbing a piece of fruit and eating it quite angrily. The dude knew exactly how to push her buttons and it pissed her off. Maybe she'd throw the fork at him... That'd be lovely...

"I want to go back to Standasen then. I want to make sure that angel is safe... If it's hurt, I can try and heal them... Or something... If we need the angel's help, it might be good to have one owe you... And hey, this one might be nicer than Isfrael, ya never know..." she said with a huff, trying to ease the strain out of her voice. The stress was building up and it was visible in the way she acted. She didn't know why she was even here. She told them everything she knew and now they weren't even making sense... Sharaku was right in that sense, this was a jangled mess of insanity...

She remained quiet for the most part, not really knowing what to say about the rest. It was just confusing, that was it. Her nerves weren't helping either... Maybe she'd go and shoot a trash can... That was supposed to be a good stress reliever... Though, she didn't own a gun... Big problem there, eh heh...

"... So, Hyde's a bad guy then...?" the DJ said with a light tinge of worry behind her eyes. Was she right that day...? Had she been talking to someone super evil and hadn't noticed? That thought scared her... And it showed... Why where her emotions so violent today...? Ergh...
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 15, 2015 11:19 pm

Interesting. "That's a possibility I hadn't considered. Knowing how Shadows are, it's very possible they instead were hunting down Angel in the first place due to her nature. Something to keep in mind. Thank you, Oki-san." To the next question, though, she simply nodded, letting the machine topic pass aside. If Sharaku felt it wasn't very worth discussing, so be it.

"No offense taken. I like clarifying my points, so no misunderstandings happen. It's only human to assume, I've learned to forgive it." Oki needn't apologize, not this time. After all, she herself hadn't revealed all her cards previously, just some. The silvernette had to admit... she probably was forgetting a lot of points to discuss right now.

Listening to both Sharaku's words and the DJ's retort, Rita sighed, getting up. "Both of you, enough." With swift hands, she delivered a light but still hurtful strike to their heads. It'd sting, but not for long. "Rin isn't entirely wrong on her part. I have no intention of sugarcoating words, but I don't want to dehumanize someone either. If it appeared that way, I'm sorry, it wasn't my intention. There's no need to go around with sparks between you, is there? I made a mistake in my words, that's all. So drop it." Even with DJ's words being directed at her, kinda, Rita honestly didn't care. She made a mistake, that was all. With what Sharaku had told her, she wasn't about to let this makeshift team fall apart right now, not in this manner.

"You can settle your problems individually if you must. Now isn't the time for that." Finishing her point, Rita sat down again, crossing her arms. If they kept going, she'd have to be a lot harsher in her punishment, obviously. If there was one thing she wasn't tolerating, was offhand comments that were inevitably going to spark something if left unchecked. Rita wasn't putting the blame on anyone, but both needed to stop.

"Fair enough. I suppose I just have the tendency to think the worst of things. Forgive me for that." Oki clarified it, so it was fine. "I doubt the Angels have any direct malice towards us. I can see perhaps a sort of superior attitude in some, but not much more than that." Rita held her chin, thinking for a moment. "I don't believe we absolutely need the Angels' power to defeat them. And really, if Angels could track Primordials, I sincerely doubt there'd even be any corruptions in the first place. It's possible to face them head-on, I imagine, but having an Angel on your side would help, at the very least. I really can't say what difference it would make." Rita firmly believed humanity had to deal with its own problems regardless of what help there was. If humans needed to deal with it, they'd deal with it, leave the Angels to their own discretion. Perhaps it was pride, perhaps it was plain stubbornness, but that was Rita's belief. Good luck getting her out of that.

"Hmm... I sincerely doubt Kitty actually wants a relationship at the moment." The next question made Rita's mouth twitch slightly, though, curl up into a frown. "Lia's fine... she's out of the hospital, thankfully. As for Simon Alba... I have no clue. I'd imagine he's still in police custody, but I can't say for sure." There were too many things to consider for Rita, and only one thing mattered most: keeping her safe.

To Oki's next words, she stayed quiet, considering them carefully. If one focused on her, they could see her arm move very slightly as her hand was under the table, to her side. Really, she was just typing all this out on a blank message on her phone. Simply the best way to go about keeping track of it all. Her expression did note she was listening, though, as she nodded once in a while.

"These are questions I'll have to pose Angel later on. Once each of us is done with our respective investigations, we should get back together again." Flipping her phone shut once again, she placed it on the table before looking back at her cake. Rita'd take the strawberry off the top before noticing Oki's empty bowl. With a sigh. "Shikatanai yo, ne?" Reaching over, she placed the fruit in the bowl, left with a slight bit of frosting from the pastry.

Afterwards, she'd simply listen to Oki's explanation. "Yare yare... Alright, that's good enough, I guess. You're one of the lucky ones, then. Though, could you tell me this champion's identity? I feel like that's relevant to the conversation, at the very least. I'd imagine they're a person of power in that world, but it doesn't hurt to know. Then again, if you'd prefer not to, I won't blame you." Closing her eyes once more, Rita casually slid her finger smoothly over a bit of frosting on her pastry, then placing it in her mouth. Just a way to relax and bring her tempo down. Best not to get agitated, that wouldn't be good.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 16, 2015 9:58 am

''................''

As far as this discussion was going, Sharaku found that he had less and less to say each time. It was starting to go all over the place, and he didn't have the energy to attempt making his thoughts verbally understandable anymore. Group talks would be the death of him one day. He didn't do very well at those. It tired him out too fast for comfort. Everyone saying something else was only managing to send his thoughts haywire, and make it hard to focus on actually putting something useful together. He was capable of being a good thinker, and could even come up with a theory or solution...but he needed some space for that. He did much better either on his own, or with just one person. Debatably two, if they weren't babblers. Anything beyond that was simply a struggle for him. Which usually got worse the longer it went on. He was going to have a headache by the end of the day...most likely. So he simply listened for now. They didn't really seem to be needing his input at the moment anyway. Unless there was an ample reason for him to speak up, then he probably wasn't going to do much more than observe, and keep track of what was being said for future reference. His memory was still working fine, at least.

Though, he was somewhat annoyed at the fact that Rin was attempting to butt heads with him. Honestly..he did not understand the terms she used, but he understood the concept of a video game at least. As if she hadn't done that before, to an extent. She had been putting the whole Ananke deal on a lightweight the last time they spoke herself. Then again, he couldn't care less. The second part however...where was she getting that from? He said nothing elaborate, so what was with those assumptions? He didn't imply she didn't know what malice meant, just wondered about her definition of it. And if they were speaking of bad people and all, he knew enough himself. Please, he hadn't dealt with anything else for half his life. But...he wasn't angry, unlike she seemed to be, considering that she was sort of murdering her food. Honestly, more than anything else, it just hurt. And he would have said something...maybe, but he was cut off by Oki and Rita interfering. He didn't really care about Oki's words..but Rita. What exactly did she think she was doing?

He would flinch slightly. Not because of the pain. He's had much worse than that. But because of the notion itself. He would look at her, his eyes narrowed, though his expression moreso unreadable. ''I don't see how swallowing it helps ease the atmosphere either. But I frankly don't care. Have it your way.'', he would state flatly, his tone neutral. But...''However, I'd suggest you do not do that again, unless you want to risk getting hurt in return.'', he would add, sort of a warning. He was not for violence, no, but he was far from fond of unexpected touching, doubly so when it was unpleasant. He couldn't guarantee he wouldn't push back on instinct as a reaction. And it didn't have to be nice. Though, the intensity sort of depended on the person. Had that been someone he didn't know as much as Rita..he would probably have done something more than just a flinch. That said, he would pull back, sinking deeper into his seat, back to not really saying much.

Until Rin mentioned Hyde, at which he would scoff. ''He's just a reckless baffoon. That's all there is to it.'' The idea of Hyde as a bad guy was hilarious to some extent...
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:06 pm

“Mmm. Sure,” Oki said as it gave the silvernette a light smile. Maybe…maybe she wasn’t so bad after all. She seemed generally nice, maybe the straightforwardness was what made her seem tense or cold at first. Hmph. Curious creature. Oki would like to know more about her, but for now it would put that on hold.

In any case, the whole shadow hunting thing seemed to pass along with the issue of machines that could allow them to use their powers on this side. Even misunderstandings seemed to pass by…at least between itself and Rita. The being had just given the girl a small smile of appreciation when quite suddenly that changed as she went after Sharaku and DJ.

It was true the pair had been quiet regarding the conversation and instead seemed to go after each other and so Oki knowing better than to interfere just was going to let them duke out. As long as unnecessary yelling or item throwing wasn’t occurring, then there was really nothing that could be done about it. But Rita….she interfered and punished them for such behavior. The move was so unexpected that Oki could only blink as it looked from the dangerously moody Shaku to DJ. Ermmm….this wasn’t going to ruin anything…right? Oki stare would remain blank as it tried think of Plan B if something negative came out of it all. Whatever happened there would happen and the being would react accordingly to the end result.

That issue aside, as Rita spoke about the angels, Oki titled its head one way and then the other as it consider the information.

“Mmm. You are probably right when it comes to tracking unless like so many others things, the angels aren’t allowed to track the Primordials thanks to the rules of whatever this game is we are involved in. Either way they don’t seem to see it coming or perhaps alone can’t do anything against corruption. As for needing their power, I’d say after Ananke we may need all the help we can get. Better safe than sorry, but at the same time collecting power takes time. So there is that issue to contend with too. We could attempt a fight on our own, but perhaps the angels' powers can level the field between us and them,” Oki said giving its opnion on the subject before it turned to DJ when she mention Standasen.

“I would like to meet the angel of that place myself to see what it may be thinking. Maybe by understanding each one’s reason, then perhaps some clarity to what really needs to be done can be gained. Honestly, I would prefer not too battle any of them, but due to positionings who knows what may happen. Oki would go with you, but if you do go without us, then please be careful and wise about your choices. I am not sure if you can put an angel in debt, but you can try,” Oki said as it gave her a concerned glance. It did not want DJ to do anything reckless and end up hurt. If Oki lost DJ…that would be too much for it. Wasn’t the issue with Hyde pain enough?

Shaking that thought out of its head green eyes would shift to Rita as she spoke of Kitty.

“Well, if she does not marry Oki, can Oki at least come back here for more delicious food and request it be made by her?” Oki said looking at Rita with eyes that seemed to glow with something akin to love, but not love for someone’s beauty or anything, but a love for good food. The being would remain this way for a few seconds before it blinked and became serious as it listened to her words.

“I thank you for the information, Ritz and I am very happy to hear Lia is well,” the being said in kind tones before the next subject was brought to attention. As it spoke in response to being questioned, the girl would listen and seemingly take notes in her own way and then after a moment, agreed on asking the Tower Angel about the questions they had and then afterwards meet once more once each one had more information on what they were looking into.

Oki nodded easily at this.

“We can agree with that plan,” it said before becoming distracted by Rin and Shaku talking about Hyde. To Shaku’s words, Oki would simply sigh lightly with a shake of its head. It understood his dislike for the redhead, but seriously?

“Hyde is no foe. He is a good heart, but his personality is not everyone’s cup of tea. Still he is worth meeting. Just no stealing, okay?” Oki told Rin with a wink and a grin before refocusing on the bowl that was now empty. It had not thought anyone had noticed its twitch, but as it heard Rita’s words and looked up, Oki saw her give it a strawberry with some frosting on it.

As it looked down at that one fruit, Oki face brightened as if it had just been given a million dollars.

“Ritz, arigatō,” Oki whispered in joy before eating that wonderful fruit and savoring it. At this point, Rita might as well have been a goddess in Oki’s eyes, but it was not enough to let it show all of its cards.

As it was asked about the champion of the alternate side of this world, Oki eyes would narrow as it considered Rita for a bit and then turning away, it would shake its head.

“No,” it would say at first and then looking at Rita from the corner of its eyes it would continue. “However, if you would like a meeting, I can see what I can do for you,” the being said showing it was willing to work with this group despite differences and boundaries.
Back to top Go down
Lost

Lost

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptyFri Jul 17, 2015 6:48 pm

The DJ stayed quiet, though, something clicked in her mind. They where talking about machines, right? But, um... What kind of machines? Maybe she could go looking around... If it was a techy machine, then she'd be able to look around it and stuff, right? I mean... How complex could a machine be...? If she was smart enough... She could find information about... Er, things really... With a twirl of her fork she was about too speak before being slapped across the head. O-Ow... T-That was't nice... Like, rude... The DJ would huff and roll her eyes, looking towards Sharaku before bowing her head lightly.

"Watashi no shazai o ukeirete kudasai." the girl said fluently towards Sharaku, bowing her head lightly before spinning her fork again. She assumed the man knew Japanese... If not by looks alone... Though, it didn't overly matter as she spun her fork again and looked skyward, humming before tapping her bowl gently with her fork, her foot also tapping after a while.

"Sorry to bring up such an old topic, but those machines... If I could look at one, I might be able to find out how they tick. I know my way around tech, like, a lot... If it's not clockwork, I should be able to figure out how it works, ya know?" the DJ said with a final hum before dropping the topic. Maybe if she payed better attention, this wouldn't be an old statement but... Eh... Oh well, better late than never, right? Oh well...

"I'll be safe, Oki... Trust me. I know some people and... I'll be safe, okay? After I'm done there, I'll come straight to find you, okay?" the DJ said with a warm smile towards Oki, going to gently push her bowl towards Oki, winking her eye towards her sister. "We can share, okay?" the DJ said in a warm voice, sticking her fork into a piece of fruit and promptly eating it with a light grin.

"Okay... He kinda scared me the other day... Guess I gatta go apology~ Heh~. And don't worry, Oki. Girl Code for life~!" the DJ said with a warm smile. So she had met Oki's boyfriend before she even learned about the relationship? Heh... That's kinda amazing when you think about it... Ya know?

"... Well... Let's just all come back in one piece, aight? We're a team now... I know we don't know each other well, but what we got right now is a good thing, right?" the DJ said with a hopeful smile. Hopefully everything would come out good in the end... Oh well... You could only hope for the best, ya know?
Back to top Go down
Penny

Penny

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 EmptySun Jul 19, 2015 6:16 pm

Rita just nodded to Oki's remark, along with letting the other two say what they wanted. Even with what Sharaku said, Rin's words conveyed her point well enough. Not gonna help the atmosphere, ay? She'd like to disagree on that this once. In fact, it did help bring out a better mood in general.

"Yare yare. If you don't enjoy it, I won't do it, fair enough. As long as we can get back on track." Rita brought her barely touched cup of coffee to her lips, taking a fairly long sip from it to relax, putting it down with a smirk.

"I don't think it is that they're not allowed to do it because of rules, is that they're simply incapable of tracking the Primordials in the first place. I assure you, there is no viability in saying these corruptions are part of the Event, at least to me." Rita couldn't believe this game they were playing allowed the Primordials to simply go ahead and corrupt an Angel completely alongside their world. It didn't make sense, since the Primordials themselves had their own agenda... kinda. Related to the Event? Sure, but it seemed very separate from the Angels to her, in more than just one way.

The silvernette tapped the side of her cup. "Machines are something, I have to say. I've heard of tales, at least, consisting of androids being able to summon Personas as well, with an appearance that seemed very similar to any regular old human. If that's the kind of machine we're going to deal with, would you still be able to tinker with it?" Rita narrowed her eyes in thought as she looked at Rin, then the ceiling. It was a legitimate question she had, having someone tech savvy on their side was a huge help, from a tactical standpoint. Truth be told, though, she was... iffy on the idea of machines having an ego, or at least one prominent enough to make summoning a Persona a possibility. Was it their Artificial Intelligence or something else that did that...?

"You're going yourself, Oki-san? I see... interesting. Alright then, I wish you luck for you to come back with whatever you find. I'm not expecting the Angel to be very reasonable when it comes to, well... their Reason, but hey, you can hope." Oki was talking about Israfel, yes? Well, that was fine, as long as they didn't go and get themselves killed. To the follow-up, Rita wouldn't say anything, since that was specifically for Rin.

"By all means. I'm sure Kitty herself would appreciate some more regular customers." With a chuckle, Rita took her own fork, twirling it between her fingers and occasionally speeding up into a blur that seemed much faster that normal hands could move. An unconscious effect this time, she was mostly... bored. At least now they had something more to work with.

"Differing opinions on the same man. Heh, I'll keep out of this one." Discussions on other people weren't her main topic, especially something as offhanded as this. It helped lighten the mood but Rita herself didn't have anything to say about Hyde. Live and let live, as they say.

At Oki's answer, though, she raised an eyebrow. Interesting. "Fair enough. I have other plans for now, though. First on my list is Alternate Malstu and... recent events there. Afterwards, I plan on running a small, negligible investigation on another Alternate World with Lia, to get her more used to this power. I assume you'll be working in Alternate Zela, Oki-san? And Rin, you said you wanted Standasen, right? That leaves Sharaku, then." Rita only turned to the man himself after speaking, wordlessly prompting the question with her gaze. It was up to him what he wanted to do, albeit she already knew they had plans of going to Malstu together already. Mostly, she wanted to know what he was planning on doing afterwards.

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 N8oJ9B5

"Even if we have our differences and can't always see eye to eye, we shouldn't let that kind of stuff get in the way of our teamwork. Learning of each others' faults and what we don't agree on is the best path to understanding. I trust you all to come back safely, wherever you end up going. Remember, half as long, twice as bright."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]   The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku] - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Way we've Grown [Guardians of Humanity + Sharaku]
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next