Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:33 am

Trying not to die? You meant the angel thing that you went off on searching with Rita? How did that go anyway? Did you find anything or anyone?” Hyde would ask that question briefly as he briefly goes in his bag to touch his cape. “Well, this is practically the source of my strength. It makes me strong, or it makes me feel strong anyway. So I kind of like to wear it when I can, you know?’ Though , he wondered if there was anything that went on with sharaku that he hasn’t been telling him. “Was there anything other than that? I mean, the awakening for Alphonse was successful, but pretty dangerous. I had a few close calls.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:55 am

Eh? How did Hyde even know that? Sharaku was pretty sure he had not mentioned that to the redhead before. There was no way...unless Hyde met Rita, and she told him. ''How do you even know about that...?'', he would ask, before shaking his head slightly. ''But no. That wasn't what I meant. Besides, we hadn't done that much. The Angel decided to not give us a time of her day, except for summoning random snowstorms around us. We were forced to run out when the Shadows started getting too strong.'' That was pretty much all there was to it.

''I shall not comment on that, because I have no idea how does wearing a cape make someone feel strong.''
End of story. That was not a discussion he wanted to participate in. It was already bound to be ridiculous if it were to even take off of the starting point. ''What awakening..?'', he would raise an eyebrow, before giving a sigh. ''And technically, I was just dealing with someone trying to kill me. I'm mostly done with that now, though.''

Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 3:04 pm

“Oh, that was a backstory flag. No? Suit yourself…” If sharaku didn’t even want to hear about the cape’ significance, why would Hyde waste his time telling him a story sharaku already didn’t seem too interested in?” ”Yea, Rita told me mostly everything that I wanted to know about your little trip, I’m just stupid that this wasn’t something that you felt like I should know. If the shadow were getting harder, don’t you thin a team of three would have been better than two. But the past is the past.”
Hyde would then sit on the couch. “Are you going to be specific on the attempt on your life or. “
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 7:51 pm

''Sorry, dear. Saying how much you love wearing your cape does not really translate into backstory flags for me. Unless I am expected to be able to read your mind, and guess what your intention is accordingly.'' No, but really. Sharaku honestly wasn't getting what in Hyde's statement about capes from before was actually supposed to make him assume it was some backstory the redhead wanted to tell. He understood that it isn't possible to be accurate all the time, but when your intention is mainly to be taken in a certain way, then it should be logical for you to put in the effort to be more than vague. Otherwise, don't be upset someone might not get your point on a first try. Maybe being snarky about it wasn't the best way to retaliate, but he saw no reason to admit he was in the wrong, because there was honestly no way for him to know Hyde meant that. And he would suit himself, alright.

He would at first raise his eyebrow, then proceed to scowl at the redhead. ''Excuse me, but what is ailing you all of a sudden? It isn't like you tell me what you do all the time. I did not know about this awakening you mentioned a moment ago, for example. As a matter of fact, you didn't even bother to explain, despite that I pretty much asked about it after you brought it up now. I don't know what your problem is, seeing as you aren't giving me reports either. Just because we're friends, doesn't mean we have to be attached at the hip all the time. Because if that is what you're expecting out of friendship, then find someone else for the job..or at least try to be less of a hypocrite to start with.'' He had no idea whether this was on purpose, but frankly, Hyde was really ticking his nerves this time. As if he was the only one not bothering to tell. Just for example, he found out about what Hyde did in San Malarus from Naomi, not the redhead himself. Second, Hyde just now literally disregarded is inquiry towards that awakening, but had the gall to tell him that he was upset he wasn't told about the trip with Rita. ''And as for why not more people. If we can't even take care of ourselves in smaller numbers, what is going to happen when someone gets caught unaware on their own? Wave the white flag, because they don't have back up available? Besides, gathering people takes time. It's always either someone being busy, or shedules simply not matching up. That, and it hadn't really been my idea to begin with. Rita chose to only bring me with her, and I had no real reason to oppose at the time.'' Simple as that.

''You know my past. It's simple. They don't like their old experiments walking around as they please. I had to deal with someone attempting to kill me because of that.'', he would explain curtly. Of course, there was more to it than that, but he had lost the mood to play chit-chat with Hyde for now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:11 am

Ahh whatever man, i didn't want to talk about it anyway. Now isnt the time for sad stories and you aren't tge type to host a pitty party“ Hyde moved on from it, and his cape never made him forget it. “I get these messages from the velvet room. Just like the awakening with naomi, the dark corners of their past take form and turn into shadows. If we leave them alone for too long, nobody knows. But we wouldn't want to find that out...right?“ hyde explained a bit more. Alphonse killed his creator, simon. He was the first dark memory we saw. After beating him..we travelled to maria.. He was resolved then...afraid of the result if maria was told the truth.. But it all changed... And he prepared himself for it...whatever day he chooses to tell her.“ hyde then concluded the story.

“shun was a bit shaky but got over the whole robot killer thing eventually...naomi didnt show up..al me and shun fought shadow alphonse as a team...and there are the details.“

This time, hyde made eye contact. “you are a grown man. I don't govern your actions. You can do whatever and hang with whoever...and ill do the same. I was only asking out of curiousity and concern..please tell me if im caring too much“

After a while, hyde asked.“ well.. How did you take care of your pursuer?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 12:52 pm

What...? If you don't want to talk about it, why complain in the first place?! Hyde really needed to make up his mind sometimes. First, he goes telling him to suit himself, when he couldn't have even known what the point was, and then just 'Whatevs, I didn't wanna talk anyway'. Why did they even have this conversation again? And...''Mind telling me why did you even bother pointing out that it was a backstory flag then? Just to tell me that...'you know, whatever, I don't even want to talk about it'?'' It's like the whole purpose of that exchange was just to make his mood even worse. Knowing Hyde, the redhead was not even aware of what he was accomplishing...but that didn't change the fact that he was doing it. He would frown. ''And no, I am not the type. Not when you put it like this, and with that kind of approach. Happy?'' In base terms, the redhead was rather wrong. He was willing to listen and help, but not in a setting like this. Because Hyde was honestly proving that he didn't even need it. And let's not even debate whether he would deserve it in the first place. Being all 'ya, whatever', as Hyde tended to be quite often at times gave a very strong impression the redhead either did not really care that much, or was just poking his nose in to see what he'd get in return, simply dissmising it when it did not match up with what he expected. What did he want, shiny stuff? If he wanted to be frank, by saying that he wasn't the one to host 'a pity party', as it was eloquently put, Hyde was not very nicely assuming he didn't care. Maybe Hyde did not bother paying attention to what actually tumbled out of his mouth, but sadly, that would be his downfall when facing someone that was, to an extent, rather reactive to even slighter nuances in a talk. Doubly so when it kept happening all the time. Made him catch it that much more quickly, because it was almost a habit by now.

He would sigh, leaning against a wall when Hyde gave a jumbled explanation. ''Just a tip. Try to explain in a way that actually explains. Because if I had not known what you were talking about, the mentions of robot killers and such would probably not have went over well.'' What if Sentinel had not told him yet? And then Hyde would babble something like that...he did not really want to know how it would have ended in that case. ''Well, the way you say those things, makes it really seem like you're just complaining, and jealous that you aren't getting the spotlight too. Maybe you should work on the way you express yourself. And if I am to be honest with you. You care too much just when I don't want it, and actually don't care when it could be useful.'' Really, however. Hyde tended to butt his head in when it was obvious he did not appreciate the sentiment...but when he was actually trying to get somewhere with something, the redhead did not listen properly at all. Save for a few rare exceptions. But 1 in 20 is not enough to make the whole out to be positive.

''I fought her. I wasn't really given much choice.''
, he'd answer simply.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 6:05 pm

“No, I would want to talk about it.  But how exactly do you just go into a random story that’s completely off subject to comics and cake? It wouldn’t even make any sense to simply jump into something like that. So no, I didn’t say that to be spiteful. I felt you was indifferent towards it anyway, so I dropped it all together.   I guess there is a time and place for everything. “ After his explanation, Sharaku did say that Hyde should explain in  a way that makes sense. “Does anything make any sense anymore? I come from a different world and you was experimented on as a child. The most illogical explanations for others are all more believable to us. I tried to explain to  you to the best of my ability, I’m sorry if I don’t sound like Morgan Freeman. “
Though, Hyde did have something to add on the comments of expressing himself. “I’m always expressing myself. Cooking, writing poetry, playing my guitar,  simply running or messing around in Lunapa. All of those things are something I use to express myself.” Hyde frowned when Sharaku  told hyde that he card during the wrong times. “Maybe I just have bad timing, it’s not like I do it on purpose. “ He blinked when sharaku said that he fought “her” so his assassin was a woman?” I’m assuming you won. What then? Did you put her in an ice block somewhere or? How did she find you? Tracking device
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:40 pm

''Well, no, it would not make sense. You're right about that. You did jump it anyway. You could have used something to bridge over, maybe. Or at least make your point clear. I had no idea what were you even attempting to aim for when you stated you're sad about weather sabotaging your ability to wear a cape. You can expect me to be indifferent when I don't know what am I supposed to actually be showing interest in.'' While he wasn't the best at being empathic, he was not the worst either, but he couldn't even try when he didn't know the deal. Face it, what does one think of when they hear some complaint about not being able to wear a cape? Definitely not some important story they should show ample interest in. Fact was, he didn't care one bit about capes in terms of simple clothing, so without being aware of a deeper meaning...of course he wasn't going to pay it much mind.

He would puff up his cheeks a bit. He was really tempted to say that no, nothing made sense anymore. Because that was honestly how he felt around Hyde most of the time. On the other hand..that was not the point of this conversation. ''It can make sense, when you put it in a way that makes sense. And I do sort of prefer logical explanations, at least when it concerns important matters, if nothing else. I'm not likely to believe something that is completely illogical through and through. What I meant however was...maybe pick a point to bounce off of. If Alphonse had not told me about his past yet, I wouldn't have understood three quarters of what you told me.'' He didn't necessarily think Hyde sucked at explaining. Moreso that the redhead had a habit of mixing several points at once, and not really lining them up properly.

''Ehm...''
He would move over to poke Hyde in the forehead. ''I wasn't refering to that kind of expressing. I meant the way you use your words and actions to get your idea through when you speak to people. That's something different.'' Expressing had several definitions. And he wasn't talking about free time activities right now. ''Good to know. Because if you were doing it on purpose, I would not be happy with you at all.'' That would be pretty bad. ''I can wish. She is somehow completely immune to ice. I had to resort to different tactics to even beat her. I didn't do anything, really. As for how...Well, she lives in Azores herself. As long as she knew my face, she didn't have it hard. And I have met her once before this happened. I just didn't know who she was. She can be quite the liar when she wants to.'' Ah well.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 1:04 am

Well, I’ pretty happy that you won. I wouldn’t want you to be taken from me as well. “Hyde would then start to frown a bit. “I already had to see one of my friends get buried this year. I still don’t know what happened to him, or why anything should happen to. Just reminds you that life is cruel, but…” Hyde then patted Sharaku on the shoulder. “I’m glad you came back man, I really am. “ After that small mushy moment, Hyde sat back on the couch and sighed a bit. “ You make it sound like she’s still around, I hope she doesn’t come after you anymore with violence. “ After that, hyde looked around for the cat again. ”That kitten sure is quiet.”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 3:32 pm

''Are you..?''

Sharaku would bounce back with a rather prominent frown, his tone somewhat icy. He was tired of Hyde's..bullshitting around, or whatever to even call it. ''And yes, she is still around, why wouldn't she? I am going to go after her later myself.'', he'd answer stiffly. Honestly, he was having just about enough. Oh yes, the redhead said he wasn't doing things on purpose...but how do you manage to completely ignore when someone is speaking for a good while without it being at least somewhat on purpose, he really didn't know. How nice that Hyde was expressing his ultimate concern, just after literally ignoring everything he had said before. Sarcastically speaking, of course. What was he to think about that? He still didn't understand how in the seventh hell did Hyde accomplish to rudely not listen to things being said, and then have the gall to act nicey-dicey, as if that was okay. With him, it definitely wasn't. ''You know Hyde..I respect you being you and all..but I am starting to have enough of this. Do you realize that it is quite rude to ignore a good 80% of what someone is saying? Because I often feel like you don't. I honestly feel like I'm talking only to myself sometimes, because it's as if you weren't even here.'' His tone was obviously beyond irritated right now.

''Frankly? If you're going to keep doing that, then you can eat your nice words. I don't want them. It's only more painful when you act like it's completely fine to wear imaginary earplugs at random times, and try to follow it with nice words right after. You know the phrase, adding insult to injury? Because you only make me want to slap your face lately, when you don't acknowledge that I'm talking to you about something.'', he would add, gritting his teeth. ''And you can leave the cat be. He's sleeping.'' He honestly didn't know why he even bothered elaborating so.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:40 pm

OOC: I felt like trying today, enjoy.

“Alright, alright, i'll slow down and answer everything. I only go over  it because I figure that since you gave your point, we could just move onto the next topic. It’s exactly how I perceive things, so I do It instinctively without even noticing most of the time. But  ok, I’ll do it his way then.” Hyde cleared his throat before continuing, he also closed his eyes.”  For the cape thing, I had no idea what my reaction was supposed to be. I didn’t recognize how to bridge into it,  besides the fact that superhero comics and reading about superman and his red cape can transpire over to me holding a crimson mantle, but it’s a great deal more elaborate because I actually obtained it from a very special friend a long time ago. Wearing it is nothing more than a confidence booster and a reminder that I’m not completely hopeless, worthless or useless. There is always something that I could manage or attempt to do, and that any average joe can be a hero if they try. You make the most of your life  and do what you can for others, the genuine kindness of your heart becomes a guide, and eventually a beacon. “

Though, Hyde was a little reluctant to explain. “I want to point this out before I go on. Sometimes when I try to get my point across as much as I can, you make it seem like I talk too much. Then when I talk less or skip over things, now it looks like I’m being inconsiderate. When I take the time to fully explain things, I’m not expecting to get burned for it, make up your mind.  You ask for a detailed account with two sentences,  the cliché of strong, silent type who lifts weights on Thursdays and grunts occasionally, that’s not me. Anyway….” Hyde trailed off, but he proceeded to explain some more.

“I was actually the last person that Alphonse told about his past and I replied that I also killed for the sake of others and my own.  My happy exterior is only me repressing the fact that I feel as if I’m a bad guy that’s only pretending to be someone that I’m not. I’m even attempting to find out what’s genuine about myself, perhaps I just succeed in annoying and frustrating people because that’s not who I truly am? Anyway,  we talked about it and  then he randomly called me up to face his shadow with him.  His creator had a wife, I had no idea what happened to her because we never got to fight her, but Alphonse’s shadow called her mother. There could of been a chance that she was significant in his life and maria’s as well, but now we will never know unless we ask him directly.  Shun was conflicted through the entire ordeal  of what Alphonse did until the end, resolving himself that he was more human than robot and bore  the sins of his past, as well as the burden of having to potentially tell Maria the truth about her family.  I was apathetic, because I felt like I was the most stained, that I had to strain harder to be positive and hopeful, and that I couldn’t judge anyone.  Against all odds, we bonded, and we saved Alphonse’s soul from self-corruption by his shadow, and helped ease his suffering a bit. “

Hyde then went over the expressing himself part. “ I could do it that way, but it would be long and unentertaining, which I feel spoils the mood. If I explain it like this, you might be bothered about how long it is, which implies I can’t deliver the goods, then I normally pick the option which makes me appear like an idiot instead of talking peoples ears off about matters they might not even care about, even though I get along. Lastly, I do mean it, I am glad you came back. Nilo Lockwood, my acquaintance, was murdered under mysterious circumstances and he is a part of Jack Rannell’s team. No one told me anything, as if no one knows anything, which troubles me because I believed him to be in the right hands, I trusted his judgment. He wanted to change,  and he died before accomplishing his goal, I can sense the regret,  and I want to mourn, but I can’t because the worlds in danger and many more people will end up like him if I don’t keep pressing ahead. I’m pressuring myself to be numb to the demise of my friend, and I would have gone down if I lost you too. So yes, I mean it. asshole....“

With a deep sigh, Hyde opened his eyes and rubbed the side of his brain. “ Too bad, I like animals. Some other time then.”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 8:19 pm

''Assuming quickly is one of the ways to get yourself in trouble. Besides, there is this thing, where you at least give a sign that you think the conversation should be over, instead of playing a mute fish towards everything, because that really makes it look like you're ignoring on purpose. Would you be happy if I just stared at you with a poker face as you talk about something, and not do a single thing, only responding to a little part I find interesting enough?'' He could possibly pass over if Hyde at least took the miniature moment to acknowledge that he thought the conversation should end there, instead of literally pretending that three quarters of his talk had not even happened. And it would definitely be easier to swallow if this had been the first time. But the redhead semeed to like to clog his ears and only respond to one thing out of many often enough for Sharaku to be able to use his fingers to count the instances. Want it or not, he had been bound to blow over it one day..and Hyde had done it extremely well this time around.

He would close one eye for a brief moment, regarding the redhead contemplatively. ''You're only as useless as you make yourself to be, cape included or not. Kindness is a good trait to have, but it is also a very dangerous one. The world is not fair, and it has never really been. The more you put yourself out for others, the more you risk someone will use your eagerness to help, and turn it against you for their own benefit. I think that it is more important to be able to tell when is it a good thing to look out for someone and when not. People know how to make you feel worthless easily, when you yourself allow them to do it. In a way, it is a given that a person will react negatively when you go ahead and overstep their boundaries recklessly. And it may just as well be by being too kind. Pity is something many don't swallow well, when it is thrown at them abruptly.'' Even he had paid for it in the past, and he wasn't even that outward with his generous intentions, when he had some. Well, definitely not nowadays. With the kinds of people you met at times, caution was to be exercised, just to keep your sanity intact.

Ehh, wait no. Not like that. ''I don't expect you to tell me everything in two sentences flat. Just that you say what is needed. I am willing to listen to a longer speech, but it does become monotonne when you go off the topic too much, and make me lose the train of thought. Besides, you do kind of need to make up your own mind as well. You alternate between two extremes a lot, and it makes you gives off rather mixed signals. One moment it appears that you are extremely invested in something, and the next I can wonder whether you even care. And it isn't that it only happens when I complain about one of the two. Maybe it's just me, but I am not comfortable not knowing what ground am I standing on.'' It honestly made his skin crawl. He could never even guess what would Hyde do, and it instinctively made him be on guard around the redhead all the time. And it was not fun in any way, no matter what the end of the day conculsion that came out of it was. ''In case your problem is not being able to tell what I want...you can just ask. I can't go bite off your tongue for that.''

He would watch the redhead with a narrowed gaze, this time remaining silent until Hyde finished the rest of his talk fully. ''So I see. Why do you think pretending, and pushing yourself to be someone you are not is a good idea? That kind of approach to the problem only delays it, rather than solving it. One day, it will fall apart on you, and unless you're lucky, you may find yourself alone, after everyone realizes you weren't bothering to be honest with them. You can't blame people for frowning at your overly happy-go-lucky attitude, when you are the one making yourself be that way. Playing this kind of game is risky. It could destroy you. Trust me on that. If anyone knows that well enough, then it's me.'' As ironic as it was, it was the truth. Did he not do the same thing? Just perhaps a little differently than Hyde. The concept was the same at base, however.

''Hmm...If I can ask. Why do you talk with your eyes closed?'' That struck him as weird. First thing that comes to mind when someone does that is...well, that the person speaking can't man up and be confident enough to state their piece of mind, so they avoid seeing the reaction. Which was not what he'd expect of Hyde. On the other hand, the redhead did just prove that he was pretty much playing pretend with his neverending happiness. ''I don't think you're missing out on much. He would most likely just attempt to claw your hair out.'' His cat had strange priorities.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 4:10 am

There’s assuming and then there’s asking questions for answers that you should already know. We been friends for a while and I still struggle with the right and wrong things to say to you. No one would ever take the time to keep asking question without venturing out and trying to figure things out on their own. I think it’s rather disappointing that we managed to get this far and I still can’t get that right. Wouldn’t life be easy if we was provided the answers for everything. What you might consider as inconvenient is what I call “The learning experience of simply living”. Maybe your right, it bit me in the bub most of the time, but I still dream of a day when I’m right about something I guessed and it actually impresses you.

As for kindness, you might call it a double edged sword. What of Shun’s kindness towards lewis Rhodes, calling out to thesis to pare his life, a man who was going to sacrifice a child for his own self benefit. What of that? Was there any guaranteed logical gain for his actions? Sure, he managed to find out something, but at that moment, shun offered kindness to the less than likely individual ad maybe you could even say that he got lucky for it. What do you think of that? Is that all it is? Luck?

Hyde played with his hair a little bit, much like nilo used to do with the past. “Well, look at it this way. Would you consider yourself as a whole of a person, or half of what we see on the outside? My mixed signals isn’t as complicated as having two different personalities or being two faced to a degree, each situation I find myself faced with doesn’t get the same result , the way you interpreted my reactions to them is the same problem that I have with you, simply asking instead of playing the guessing game. But that doesn’t make sense, should you as every second if that person cares about something while you continue to ask them? You either act and bite the bullet, or take a stance that’s neutral enough so that nobody gets hurt in the exchange, but at the same time nothing changes.

Hyde sighed again, this was going to get complicated. “Maybe it’s because that I want to be the happy go lucky guy? You keep doing it enough in hopes that it will become genuine someday, I’m not wishing for anything bad or immoral, and I shouldn’t be considered as a fake for it. I too have my own desires, like we all do, this is just my own way of trying to grasp it, the literal sense of grasping the form of happiness in your hand before it slips away from your fingers. How long has it been since you chased it? Genuine happiness? I want that for myself, and I selfishly want that for everyone else, though it might not what they want at the instance when I attempt to spread it. If you play this game, the end result us be worth the risk, or else it’ll all be for nothing. I mean, who the hell do I think I am? I sound crazy….

Did Hyde sound crazy? “ Anyway, I close my eyes to collect my thoughts and block out all of the information I’m taking in from my eyes. As you can see, I’m focused on 100 things at once, closing my eyes seems to help. Maybe it’s a fragment of my imagination? Maybe I only think that its helping me focus somewhat. .” Though Hyde frantically grasped his hair. “He’s going to do what?! I kind of like my hair…..”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptyFri May 22, 2015 8:49 pm

Hmm. ''And where is the point at which you should already know the answers? Maybe sometimes it is simply not meant to be, due to personalities clashing way too much. Just as you said, you fail even after this time..yet, there are people, who I've met quite some time after you, who are much better at this, despite the fact that I have hung out with them less in total, than I have with you. Where is the problem then?'' Sharaku would shrug vaguely. ''I see we think differently. I do often see it as inconvenient, yes. Because while it may only bite you in the butt, it could also spell much worse consequences, if you push it for too long. It may just be that by the time you luckily make the right guess, it won't matter anymore. I'm not saying you shouldn't at all, but there is a difference between occassionally taking the jump, and overdoing it. Even a patient person will snap eventually, when someone keeps overstepping the line all the time, because they are constantly trying to guess what to do.'' Doubly so..when they do not stop even when it is fairly obvious that it is having a negative effect. While he did not start whining or such, it wasn't that hard to see when he was uncomfortable about something. Was Hyde really that bad at reading the people he was talking to? Sharaku was aware that he was often less than up to par with that himself, but even he got it after a while. Hyde? Nope, unless it was spelt to him word by word...or he had a sudden moment of clarity once in a blue moon.

''Do not ask me for a detailed report there. I am not him. But..I know him well enough to say this. He did not do it just because. That is unlike him. There probably was a reason why he stood up for the man. He isn't the type to be overly kind to people, unless they pass some of his standards first. I figure he disliked Thesis more then him, at the very least. As for whether is it luck? Depends on the kind of motive you have when you go and play Mr. Kind. If you do it just because, and aren't particularly picky as for who are you nice to, then yes, I believe it does come down to luck more often than not.'' He honestly had no idea why was Shun specifically dragged into this conversation, but if it really had to be, he would give his opinion on it. He had been trying to speak moreso generally, but since Hyde had to go and dissect someone else's actions, well, what do you do?

He would sigh, looking at the redhead intently. ''No. Not every second. That would honestly be beyond annoying. But if you really aren't sure, then perhaps at least when you are about to do something big. The best alternative is being able to read the other person's stance towards you through their actions, expression or the tone they speak in, but I suppose not everyone is actually good at that. I'll admit that even I fail at it sometimes.'' He would click his tongue lightly. ''You know what my problem is? Not the fact that you have the guts to bite the bullet...but that you almost always bite it in exactly the same way. So answer me this. When you see that a certain approach is proving to be getting you a negative feedback, why do you repeat it several times in the future? You can't expect your attempts to suddenly start magically working, when you keep doing almost the exact same things in your bold approaches. If you want to play the guessing game, the same guess won't get you too far when you overuse it.'' Because face it. Hyde's main strategy was being overly cheerful, and keeping suggesting things to him. Things, that were to a certain extent, always a bit strange, or at least, put in a exaggerated way. But Hyde kept doing it very similarly all the time. Like just a while ago. The comics. It was almost blatantly obvious that he wasn't having too much fun with it. But the redhead kept pressing on, awwing about how he should give it a try, and suggesting different ones. He would love to see one person that would not get at least mildly irritated by their friend misreading mood so flippantly...and so goddamn regularly.

He would snort. ''I don't know who you are. That is something you should be able to tell yourself.'' Figuring out yourself can be a pain in the neck. Other people were even harder to take a guess at. ''Happiness, hm? And what defines happiness? It is one of the many things that rely heavily on perception. Everyone has different things that make them happy. You may want to spread it, but for example, I personally don't see what is supposed to make me feel happy when you act like a cheerful clown around me, and try to get me to do something. I am not you...but forcefully playing a happy-go-lucky trigger fool...would not make me feel happy at all...I'd just feel even worse, because it would remind me that I have to go as far as pretending...to even be able to be that way...I'd probably end up depressed after some time of that..'', he would smile sadly. ''The only way I can actually appear happy, is when I truly am. I am capable of playing the game well...but it only serves to break me apart.'' He's been doing that before, and in the end, it only hurt...because he found himself in situations where everyone was actually having fun...but him. And he could do nothing, since he couldn't drop his game at that point, without upsetting everyone around.

Well..''Your call. Though, generally, avoiding to look at the person you are talking to makes you out to be less honest. Liars are the ones that refuse to face others. It may not be your intention..but body language can affect a great deal in communication.'' You learn things after being forced to discuss and explain stuff back and forth a lot...Not that he was always very good at actually applying the knowledge, however. It's hard to remain objective when the whole 'argument' starts when you already lose your calm...

''Yes, that. We can actually agree on that one. You should probably be happy he is sleeping. Having claws in your hair is painful, trust me.''
You can get used to it, but it always hurts a bit...
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 EmptySat May 23, 2015 4:03 am

If that’s the case, then good for you. It must be a lot better for you to hang out with people who don completely throw your mind into a fritz all the time. The problem is that were just two different people, which isn’t much of a problem in because everyone is different. Were just different in more ways than usual. “ You can’t necessarily pinpoint the problem that Sharaku and Hyde have with each other, there might not even be an answer to the problem that they have. Though, I’ll take what you said just now into account I guess. I never knew you feel that way, about the happiness thing. I’m sorry…..” That was the most Hyde could do, he felt like he owed Sharaku an apology at least. Though I’m not afraid to look you in the face and tell you how I really feel, I’ just easily distracted is all. Maybe the guessing game isn’t for me after all. “ Hyde yawned a bit as he tried to respond to as much as you can. Lets move on from those topics and talk about something a little more uplifting, speaking of that topic of happiness, what makes you happy nowadays?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next