Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} Empty
PostSubject: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:22 pm

Hyde gave Sharaku a phone call and decided that it was time to bond with him and make it up to him He knocked on the door while carrying a medium sized card board box. “Maybe he would like this?” Hyde would say as he waited in front of Sharaku’s door. Of course this is all assuming that Sharaku was nice enough to believe the “Super important thing he had to tell sharaku in person so please give me your address” excuse. He never used it before, and Sharaku might be skeptical, but he wouldn’t turn Hyde away, right?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptySun May 10, 2015 3:47 pm

To be frank, Sharaku indeed did not expect Hyde to ask for his address all of a sudden. He never wanted it before, so why now? As a matter of fact, he didn't really buy the 'something important' excuse, because they've discussed important stuff in public before, and Hyde didn't give much of a damn. He doubted the redhead would suddenly change his mind to this extent. On the other hand, he had no reason to not tell. Two of the team already knew where he lived, so it would be unfair to refuse telling Hyde. He'd have no excuse for that, even if he wanted to.

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} AMN0Yb9

''....That box isn't going to attack me or something, is it?'', he'd ask after opening the door, and seeing the redhead standing there, carrying..something. With Hyde, you never know. He found a lot of strange things fun. Maybe this was going to explode on him....wouldn't that be amusing..?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyMon May 11, 2015 10:23 am

Since when did unpredictable transform into being some sort of box terrorist?” Hyde would say playfully as he walked in and placed the box on the floor. ” Well, I figured we can hang out today and I can catch up on some reading with you. As a matter of fact, that is a lot of things that I want to show you. “ Hyde would then open the box and show it to Sharaku, there was a lot of comics lined up inside the box. “Tada! It might not be your kind of reading, but maybe it’ll awaken a bit of your childhood, you know , the time where that guy with kicking super powers seemed cool to you?” Hyde would then look around the room some more.” Didn’t you say you had a pet around here?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyMon May 11, 2015 11:07 am

What did this have to do with terrorists? That went in a completely different direction than Sharaku originally meant. Well, that's Hyde for you. ''That is not what I meant. Still, anything can end up trying to chop your head off. I know as much.'' He had not been completely serious about the box attacking him back then, but might as well explain himself properly. ''You wanted my address to bring me some comics...?'' Alright? That was even less expectable than anything he could have thought of. He wasn't sure why something like that required Hyde to come here out of all places, but he's learned to not apply logic to the redhead's choices by now. Because there was legitimately none at least ninety percent of the time.

''Anyway, you're kind of wrong there. I didn't care about superheroes when I was younger.''
, he'd say with a slight shrug. He just kind of didn't do that. Not even before the experiments happened. Ah well. ''I do, but he's in a different room right now. Maybe you'll see him later.'' Besides, he didn't feel like watching Hyde struggle with his cat right away.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:31 am

“Well maybe we can change that, I think that you are more of a doctor strange kind of guy. “ Hyde would reach into the box and pulls out a comic of doctor strange, it was the very first one that had his origin story and everything . “It’s basically like kung fu meeting the mystical arts. Strikingly so, doing all sorts of magic on that level cunts as mystical kung fu you know? He’s also friends with another super hero called iron fist.” Hyde would then hand the first issue over to Sharaku. “You know, we should star In our own comic.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue May 12, 2015 7:28 am

''.................''

''.............................''

Of course Hyde would just keep ranting about his thing. And while Sharaku could just try to play along, in this case, he couldn't even do that. Why? Simple. He had no goddamned idea what the redhead was even talking about. He would take the offered paper blankly, using his free hand to rub at his temple with a sigh. ''Hyde...Mind slowing the hell down?'', he would frown. He wasn't even annoyed now. This kind of thing only made him feel bad. It sure didn't help him feel any better when the redhead obnoxiously kept on reminding him that they were literally on different wavelengths. What was he supposed to even do here? He got what Hyde wanted to do..but he was sort of picking the wrong person for this. And he didn't have the heart to rudely shoo the redhead because of that. While he did occassionally enjoy reading... this whole superhero jumble simply passed him over. And Hyde was just too good at disregarding the little details. Such as the fact that he just said he had never been into this. How was he supposed to be able to follow the ranting?

''You do realize I have literally no damn idea what you're talking about..?''
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue May 12, 2015 4:54 pm

Hyde was in his happy place when he was talking about comics and super heroes of the like. But Sharaku brought him back to reality .

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} Tumblr_mkp91yTFLQ1qlcw9co1_500

“Sorry about that, somehow I forgot that you couldn’t know anything about the people that I’m talking about. Long story short, I figured that I would gather a bunch of my old comics that we can read together. Some of them was picked up a clearance sale at the penecia mega mall, so there are a few comics in here that not even I looked at. I don’t know, though you would be interested in that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyTue May 12, 2015 6:02 pm

Hm, fine. Sharaku could live with that kind of explanation. At least for the rant. He was, however, still not sure as to why did Hyde pick him to try and read comics with. Wasn't that something kids and teens did? Why would one go after someone older for this? Surely, Hyde had plenty acquaintances and friends to find someone more appropriate. He could not seriously be thinking that it would be fun with someone like him. He had never cared for superheroes much, and he was already kind of passing over the age to even be passionately into it in the first place.

''Alright, I get it...''
, he would sigh faintly, rubbing at the back of his neck, somewhat nervously. ''Why do you think I'd be interested in fantasy comics though? Wouldn't it be easier to do that kind of thing with someone a bit closer to your age? I do like to read at times, but I don't think I'm into childish stuff anymore. Besides, my head hurts enough from the supernatural that we already have in reality.'' He hasn't gotten much of a break from that since he was what, 13? It didn't exactly make his interest in reading about such go up. It's not even funny anymore. It's just sad to read about heroes fighting to the death, and realize you have to do the same, whether you want to or not. The fact that he had almost gotten buried alive a few days ago only served to prove that.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyWed May 13, 2015 4:56 am

“Well, what does that mean anyway Sharaku? We are around the same age, it’s like you are rushing to be 39 without even hitting 25. We all have some type of enjoyment in our lives, I just thought it would be nice to share some of what I like with you. And in exchange, you could show me one of your favorite past times. “ Hyde would then go through his phone and pull out the avengers movie poster. “Well check this out; it’s a movie that can be enjoyed by both adults, kids, and teenagers. See? Comics can be for mature audiences too. Wanna give it a shot?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyWed May 13, 2015 11:04 am

What did it mean? Pretty much what he said. Though, it wasn't that he was rushing anywhere. He simply did not find it to be a good sort of enjoyement for him specifically. This stuff only made him feel melancholic, and he did not particularly like that. ''.......'' But he had nothing to say. He couldn't blame Hyde for simply trying. The redhead was just too honest for him to get irritated anymore. Yet, he did not feel happy either. He was dealing with it, alright, but that didn't mean he was going to abruptly start jumping for joy at these suggestions. Mainly when Hyde keeps being so naively stubborn. Sometimes a negative answer is meant to stay that way. And he did not take well to having it bonked into his face repeatedly. Hyde was basically accomplishing the exact opposite of what he was trying for by being this persistent and outward. Instead of actually having fun, he was feeling more down, because it felt like he was being pressed into it. Hyde was too fast paced for him.

''Can doesn't have to mean it will be...''
, he would mutter, looking downwards. He wasn't always the best at conveying what he meant in regards to things like these, and that was not helping him at all. And Hyde's quirk of not getting things unless they are literally and thoroughly spelled out to him only worsened the situation. He always had a hard time speaking about the way he felt, and Hyde's approach..just made him want to flee, rather than keep trying. ''I don't..know.'', he'd answer in a low tone, not looking at the redhead at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyWed May 13, 2015 9:44 pm

“Hmm… well… it can wait anyway… there is also something that I wanted to show you.” Hyde would say as he took out a small pan sizes obento. “I didn’t have a lot of space to make it or anything, and it took him a few tries. It seems a bit small but here it is!” Hyde would then show Sharaku something he’s been working on for a while. It was a cake of some sort. “The outside it's iced with white mint buttercream frosting with chocolate curls, inside is a fun minty green cake, along with some more chocolate. Happy late birthday!” Hyde was quiet for a moment before he continued. “Sorry if I seem a bit all over the place. But I made sure I tried it first, as you can see. As I’m fine, so no worries.”

picture of the cake
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu May 14, 2015 7:16 am

Ehm...? While Sharaku did not particularly want to keep discussing the comics much, Hyde's sudden topic changes were disorienting. How can you simply just jump from movies to birthday cakes without and bridgeover? It makes no sense. It was sort of acceptable in lighthearted situations, but this inconsistency was really hard to keep up with, and doubly so when there was some importance associated with the talk. ''Where did you even keep that until now..?'' Didn't he come with a boxful of comics? Did he carry stuff under his clothes too, or something? ''But thanks, I suppose..'', he would sigh lightly. ''You are indeed quite late, however. It's almost April now, is it not? Did you take 3 months to make that..?'' Somehow, that seemed strange. With how eager the redhead had been about it...3 months was a big gap. It wasn't something he would have expected out of Hyde, with how the teen rushed into these things under normal occassions.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu May 14, 2015 3:50 pm

“Well, did you hear about the upcoming heat wave that the Zela island was experience. I wasn’t too sure about it, but I had to keep up with my studies even though classes were getting cancelled on occasion, those cancellations started to in case. There were subjects I had to learn on my own, and I was simply busy, I’m sorry…” Hyde would say to Sharaku, then he would point to his backpack. “ Well, I never leave the place without the backpack you know? That’s where I had it in, I wouldn’t want to make a mistake and get cake all over the comics. “ Hyde didn’t bother to mention that he was on the verge of getting kicked out, not yet anyway.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu May 14, 2015 4:30 pm

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow. ''I did hear, yes, although something else than you're telling me right now. I've been told that the academy had been swamped by sand from the other world, rather than a heat wave alone. Didn't they close it down completely? I find it unlikely that they would have any classes at all in those conditions.'' Great, now people were going to be telling him different stories? Though, Hyde was a little dodgy about it, so he had his reasons to doubt the redhead was telling the complete truth. Besides, heat wave? Really? Would that alone be enough to cause such problems? Well, he figured that heat would accompany sand, but on its own, it wouldn't be that big of a deal.

He would smile wrily. ''I wasn't aware of that. I don't think I've seen you carrying a backpack before, unless I'm starting to have memory loss. God forbid if that is the case.'' Was Hyde really trying to just squeeze his way out of something, or was he missing something here?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:00 pm

“Oh, it did? Well that’s the first time that I’m hearing about it…” Hyde checked the velvet room text messages and blinked twice. “Oh, looks like we have a mission about it after all. “ Though Sharaku caught Hyde in a lie and Hyde decided that he should come clean. “Alright, I was kicked out of the dorms. I tried to study by myself so I don’t slack off and turn out to be a dummy. But mainly, a lot of students who relied on the dorms before graduation, were ….booted… including me. “ Hyde would say as he brought his bag down to the ground. “Kind of the reason why I didn’t have time to make you the cake, took me a while. But I got around to it
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}
Page 1 of 6Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next