Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:16 pm

Hm? ''So...you mean to tell me that I know more than you, despite the fact that you are the one attending the school?'' Sharaku wasn't even sure whether that was amusing or not. How can it be this is the first time Hyde heard about it? He would have thought the students would know as much...and he was told the info he knew now from one as well. Unless Hyde had been his usual self, and did not pay enough attention. Which, would actually make sense. Wasn't that almost always the case? It was a sort of a running theme with Hyde by now.

He would scratch at his cheek contemplatively. ''So you lived in the dorms too?'' As a matter of fact, he had never been sure whether that was the case, or Hyde actually had a normal place to stay at. And he had never bothered asking about it. ''Where are you staying now then? Or are you living on the street with your backpack?'', he'd ask, frowning a little. He wouldn't put that behind the redhead, if only because it was unusual to see him dragging around stuff with him like that. On the other hand, Hyde didn't look like he was staying outside right now.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 5:39 pm

“I just wasn’t able to keep up with the others when it comes to things like this. Though it’s good to know, maybe we can gather the others and take care of the problem? It could help a lot of the students.” Hyde nodded his head when Sharaku asked if he lived in the dorms. “Yea used to live on the and somewhat and do odd jobs in lunapa before I started to go back to school again. It felt weird to be a regular kid again but it was fun, and I learned a lot.” Though, Hyde was reluctant to say where he was staying. “let’s not talk about that right now. In the meantime, why don’t you try the cake, tell me how it taste?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2015 6:30 pm

''Eager much?'', Sharaku would snort at Hyde's words. The redhead could be unbelievable at times. ''Are you trying to catch a flying plane or something? You just said you have trouble keeping up, and you're already jumping ahead on planning a venture. Don't you have a brake?'' Not that it wouldn't have to be taken care of soon, but wasn't this kind of approach exactly what got Hyde in trouble each time? 'Let's just skip the basics, and jump into the middle right away..because, nothing can go wrong, right?' Hyde was not even pretending that he knows what he's doing before doing it. And he still wants people to trust him with things when he blatantly outs he's rushing in to save the day with no thought about it at all. Right. He was sure going to be getting so much approval. Sarcastically speaking. Sharaku wouldn't care as much if Hyde at least tried to be levelheaded about it, but seriously, saying that you're barely keeping up and proposing to jump it literally in one sentence is not the way to go.

He would go back to frowning when Hyde dodged his question again. Well, not his problem then. Not gonna tell? Fine, but the redhead better not come and complain later that he has nowhere to stay. He wasn't going to play the game of cat and mouse here. He was tired of Hyde jumping around with his talk like a rabbit on steroids, and he wasn't interested in commenting on things when the redhead singlehandedly passed over things. He was already frustrated with stuff enough. ''Can I do that later?'', he'd ask with a faint sigh. ''I kind of ate not so long ago.'' He wasn't really lying about that, and he disliked stuffing himself up.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 2:33 am

Well, I can’t necessarily help that. I’m too fast to be slow, and I’m too slow to be fast. If that makes any sense for you. “Hyde would then put the case back over Raku’s cake and looked around the area in search of the fridge. “Alright, I’ll leave this here for you in your refrigerator then, you don’t mind if I put it in there?” Hyde would say as he shifted towards Sharaku’s kitchen and opens the fridge, placing the cake in a pretty good spot. “Alright, perfect. Do you want to hear something funny by the way? In one of those comics, there’s a series called “Pat the baker”, he actually uses a lot of real cooking methods in his story.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyFri May 15, 2015 5:45 am

''No, I think it does not make sense to me.'' Sharaku would squint at the redhead. ''You basically said you're neither fast nor slow in the end. Which would suggest that you are somewhere in the middle...and I defintely don't see you as being balanced, no matter how I look at it.'' Maybe he was taking it from a more logical angle, but even otherwise, it would make little sense. There was little to no use in trying to make sense of Hyde anyway. He wouldn't say anything as Hyde went to search for the fridge, simply following the redhead. It wasn't like his place was big enough for the other to get lost. It wasn't as if Hyde waited for his answer anyway.

''....and that is supposed to be funny how? I fail to see the punch line in it.'' So there was a comic that was about cooking, okay? What was funny about that? ''Besides, if I wanted to read about such, I could just get a cookbook, or read receipts.'', he would shrug vaguely. He didn't see anything particularly interesting in the idea of some fictional chef character or so.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 2:09 am

Hm…. Let me show you…” Hyde would say as he went back towards the box and went through a few comics until he found the first issue of pat the baker. “here…” Hyde went next to sharaku and started to flip a few pages. Pat went on explaining what he cooked and there are plenty of people why try it out, having different kinds of reactions to it. “I just think the illustrations are funny, like when they eat something hot and it’s always pictured as fire in their mouth? Or when they eat something cold, their whole body turns into an ice cube? It’s basically over exaggerating, but I don’t know, I thought it was funny at least.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 7:59 am

Sharaku would just proceed to stare blankly. He still didn't find the whole idea any fun. Childish, if nothing else. Or maybe it was simply that he couldn't find fun in seeing pictures of people sprouting fire for such a ridiculous reason...what was the fun in that? Imagining that felt painful. Perhaps that was why he couldn't get into these. He didn't really find amusement in seeing fictional characters in extremely unrealistic looking, and sometimes dowright painful situations. Not when he knew, to an extent, how something like that would feel in actual reality, or that it was possible to do it. He should probably be able to ignore that, but somehow, it didn't work for him. Just...why. Why do people need to make that when you have plenty of dangerous things going on in real life? Being frozen into an ice cube would definitely not be enjoyable...in any way or form. Eh... ''I find it stupid. Not funny at all. I could probably turn you into an ice cube in reality. Would you enjoy that? I just...no. Seeing things like that only makes me sick to my stomach. I get to see enough painful instances without having to observe people burning or freezing even on paper, whether it is supposed to be humor or not.'', he'd say, his tone tense, as he looked to the side.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 4:40 pm

“Hmmm…. I thought you would of found this to be enjoyable, even if it was only by a small margin. “ Hyde would say as he rubbed his head. “Well, what exactly are you into anyway? Fantasy? Romance? Sports? Comedy? What’s your type of reading material, I think there is a few manga books in here too. “ Hyde went through the box wildly as he awaited Sharaku’s answer. He was apparently searching for soothing, with no real intention of giving up just yet. “There has to be something in here that you would like, it’s not lie I only read one type of genre.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySat May 16, 2015 5:54 pm

How about simply throwing that box out of the window? Maybe Sharaku would feel more at ease in a slightly different situation...but this was Hyde. No matter what he would pick, he was pretty sure the redhead would end up overexaggerating something...and that just knew how to ruin his mood very quickly. He didn't particularly want to hear how this guy did this funny thing, and how cool that was, and 'hey, check this out'...plus some overboard descriptions added to the mix. Couldn't he do a thing in relative peace? Besides, it was his choice as to what he found funny or interesting...and he could decide that himself, without Hyde's loudmouthed inputs. Or at least, have the redhead keep it moderate. Which was almost never the case.

The choices were not easy either. While he did enjoy reading to an extent, it was not an easy task for a book, or such to grab his attention effectively. He prefered doing things, instead of sitting and reading about them, even though it could be a useful way to pass time occassionally. But he had a somewhat hard time keeping still for a long while, unless he had a good distraction in form of an interesting talk perhaps...or when it was for the purpose of sleep. He would shrug eventually. ''I don't know. Let's say I can be rather picky when it comes to this.'' In other words, Hyde was not going to get a free ride here. ''Romance perhaps? Maybe it would be amusing to see what they can come up with.'' ...hopefully, it wouldn't make him want to seriously throw the stuff out of the window.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 3:57 am

Romance, I know a pretty good romance manga. It actually brought me to tears, it’s a novel called chobits. You can check out the white box for it. “Hyde closed his eyes to see if he can remember what it was about in full detail. There is this guy who grew up as a farm boy all his life and went to the big city. Everything became so high tech; they have these female robots as servants or something. And he falls in love with his robot helper…and… other side stories… just a bunch of stuff… you’ll like it.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 6:54 am

Come on. Not again. Sharaku would sigh, just leaning against a nearby wall. That was not what he meant. Is there even something that stays in the terms of normal? Please? One of the reasons he went with romance in the end was that he hoped it would be mostly two people...a bit of weird enviroment he could stand, perhaps. But why did robots have to come up? Yes, he knew that human-like robots were actually a reality, but that was not the point. He just wanted to see something that did not have copious amounts of supernaturality in it. Is that too much to ask for at least for once? Somehow he bet that if he chose sports for example, Hyde would give him something as ridiculous as basket balls with wings. Because, logic.

''I think I'm just going to give up on this. Why does it have to involve robots out of all things? They can't even make proper partners in the end...Do you not have something in there that is at least remotely normal?'', he would sigh, shaking his head sadly.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:02 pm

“Ahh you are just not giving it a chance. It’s really good, you won’t even notice, ok so you will notice the robot parts but still!” Hyde rubbed his chin and then thought of another romance manga. “Something simple? Toradora! That’s pretty simple! There are these two friends ok? There is this violent girl that has a crush on the guys best friend, the same guy she rejected but ended up liking anyway. The girls friend is the crush of the guys best friends. So the neutral parties involved are helping each other, like match makers or something, are you following?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 4:46 pm

Simple. Right. So simple that he got lost by the time Hyde got half of that short explanation out of his mouth. Too many friends. He didn't even know who was who already. Is that supposed to be the definition of simplicity? Though, at least it didn't seem to be supernatural based...yet. ''...Uh, not really. I already don't know who is who, and you just started. Maybe this just isn't my thing. I already sense this will be off the charts, just because you mentioned someone being violent. Aside from the fact that I'm lost on who is whose friend and all.'' So maybe he was not even considering it, but why should he? Just to make himself more moody by reading some ridiculous picture books?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 2:10 am

“Hey, just trust e and read the first book. Once you get a good read in, I’m sure that you’ll like it, I promise. “ Hyde dug in the white box and pulled the first issue and handed it over to Raku. “Other than all of this, how have you been lately Raku chan? I haven’t seen you around in a while, been keeping yourself busy or something?” Lagi felt like it would be nice to know what his friend was up to nowadays. “I haven’t been up to a lot; the heat has been killing me though. It kind of sucks that I can’t wear my cape anymore.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:17 am

Not even going to try and explain in actually understandable terms? Eh, maybe he was expecting way too much out of Hyde at times. He should have figured the redhead would just resort to changing the subject after simply stating that 'yeah, you should try it'. Well, no matter. He would take it anyway, to prompty put it down on the table. Maybe later, if he ever felt like becoming even more insane that he already was. He would roll his eyes at Hyde. ''First world problems, apparently. Here you are being sad over useless things such as not being able to wear a cape because of the weather, while I get to spend my time trying to not die. Lucky you. At times, I wish I could worry about little problems like you instead.'' On the other hand, maybe he would be dying of boredom with that kind of life. Still, the prospect of not dancing with death so often did sound appealing.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}   Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku} - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Reading is fundamental, like comics ^-^ [Sharaku}
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next