Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 31, 2015 12:28 pm

That’s a good answer Alphonse, because you will be facing those challenges once the truth comes out. Is good to get yourself mentally prepared for what might happen, but it’s also just as good to hold a little bit of faith that what will happen….happens for the better . OR it will progressively turn out to be something that happens for the better. You Alphonse, even though you aren’t human, you live like us, an now you are facing the everyday challenges we are bound to. “ Hyde then had a pretty cheerful smile on his face as he looks over to Alphone.

Hey, when Maria grows up and has kids, are you going to be around for that too? I mean, of course, you are basically the stand in father that would be there for the most part, even the wedding. How would you answer towards you, oh grandpa that had a sip of the fountain of youth. Dude, you’re going to be young forever. “ Hyde let out a small laughter, trying to cheer Alphonse up even more and lift up his spirits.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 12:45 am

The android nodded toward Hyde he had a point those challenges were coming and he would have to be prepared in order to overcome them and handle those challenges. "I have not yet signed myself off that everything is going to go poorly, but I am readying myself if the worst happens. Your words are kind and encouraging me, though I do hope that this will not be a consistent challenge. It will take time to heal, but I will weather the storm." The android said explaining to Hyde that the android was merely anticipating the worst, his hopes on the other hand were high. Even though they might get shattered in the end when the truth came out, but he had to press on for his friend's and Maria's sake. He would not allow anything to get him down or depressed.

Though he was surprised when Hyde asked about how long he would be around and his explanation to the grand children. "The truth would have to come out, and I would explain everything to them. But so long as Maria's blood flows through a family, then I will remain as a constant and vigilant guardian until I meet my end...whatever that end may be. I have no fear of my end, but I intend to follow through with my duty no matter what happens." The android said offering his friend a smile. It was true, the android was going to defend Maria's family to the end, adjusting his priority objective as much as he had to in order to ensure that he was fully functioning. The android smiles, "Though I am working on one challenge at a time. Though thanks for trying to cheer me up, I appreciate it."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyMon Feb 02, 2015 1:10 am

Hey, that shouldn’t be the only dream that you have alphonse. You can’t exist solely for one purpose, even though that purpose is pretty awesome in its own right. It’s great to protect Maria and live for the sake of her bloodline, but what about your dreams? Was there anything you always wanted to do, a place that you wanted to see?” Hyde was particularly interested if there was anything that went on in Alphone’s mind that didn’t really involve Maria all the time. “ You know, another meaning behind being human is maintaining a particular balance with things. Having a hobby while Maria is at school or when she has a part time job a few years later.

“ Hyde would then put a candy in his mouth as he continued. Not to say that she wouldn’t want you around anymore, but teenagers like me always like to exude their independence to show off how mature they gotten. When those times when she’s not around but reachable, what do you find yourself doing around those times alphonse?”
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 9:35 pm

The android blinked at Hyde more than a little confused at that statement. Something that he had always wanted to do or see? He tilted his head a bit, and thought on the issue for several moments. "Well, I'd like to think I would see some cool stuff when Maria goes around to travel the world. However, I have always wanted to see Madrid. I've heard it is a beautiful city and has absolutely splendid architecture." The android recalling a few travel guides that he had seen online. Though he was confused as to why Hyde thought he wanted to be human, sure he was trying to take more human characteristics, but that did not mean he wanted to be human. "I don't think I've made the claim I want to be human. I see you all as incredibly strong, but being human as never really crossed my mind. I would like to capture your emotion for sure, but beyond that I embrace what I am."

Now what was he going to do the times that she wasn't around, but still reachable the android pondered. What would he do, "Well I normally recharge myself, do some research or some work. I don't really have a hobby per say, except for perhaps reading. Hmm I'm sure I will find something to preoccupy my time sooner or later." The android said to his friend, though he was admittedly curious as to why his friend would ask such a question. Specifically that question, so he decided to ask why Hyde was so curious about his life. "Hyde why are you so curious about my life anyways? It seems like a rather odd time to be inquiring to such a thing."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyThu Feb 05, 2015 10:06 pm

I wouldn’t be much of a friend if I didn’t take an interest in your life. I’m also curious as to what you picked as your birthday? Or did you use your day of creation as your birthday?” Hyde popped another candy in his mouth before he continued. “You continue to live like a human, but you accept who you are Its amazing how you have such admiration of us, when we are capable of doing such horrible things sometimes. You know, besides charging your batteries, you are just an everyday Joe like me. “

There was something on Hyde’s mind about the charging part though. “Wait, you eat food just like us, why do you need to charge your batteries? I would figure that you run on electricity, but then your electric bill from con Edison is bananas if that’s the case, being advanced machinery and all. But if not that, you could be solar powered. “ Hyde shrugged, thinking that his guess might be off the mark. “Anyway, why wouldn’t think that it’s an odd time to use this moment to get to know each other better. If you like reading a lot, maybe I should introduce you to the manga section? It’s pretty interesting; I think you would like a book called chobits. Maybe that’ll encourage you to find a Mrs Alphonse?” Hyde would say that with a small wink and nudge.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 3:52 am

The android listened to his friend ask his several questions, and found it to be quite amusing. All would be answered in time, but some of the suggestions were simply appalling to the android. So much that he began to laugh a bit, his friend was so funny to him. Eventually the red robotic eyes settled back down on Hyde, "Whoa now, Hyde, slow down a bit, one thing at a time here. As for the question about my birthday, it is the date of my creation. It makes the most sense for me to say the least. Furthermore, I understand you all can do great harm, but it is the potential to do great good or harm that makes you all so wonderful. Though I hope more of you put it to a good use rather than an evil and harmful one. Furthermore, I have you all as wonderful friends who only do the best they can for what they believe to be the good. How could I not have high expectation of you all? I understand that I am not that different from you all, yet I am. I think it is a rather interesting place to be standing." The android said with a soft smile, before addressing the issue about charging the battery.

"Very true, I do eat food and the reason for that is because I have systems that break down food into something less harmful. It is a strong acid, but not strong enough to harm my interior. Therefore I can replicate eating, without drawing suspicion at all. After all a man who never seems to eat would raise many eyebrows. The electric bill can raise my eyebrow a couple times, but that is the nature of the beast. So I can cover it, but I am looking for more efficient ways to reduce my energy use. As for the manga....." The android rose a hand to his chin, would a woman be interested in him? Well Shunnosuke had displayed an interest in him, so it was possible.

"I suppose a change of genre wouldn't hurt too much, I'd like to see some of the stuff that I make websites about in action. Perhaps, I will find a way to spend some of my spare money. As for a Mrs. Alphonse...we may see. However, whoever that ends up being would have to accept my nature, understand that she would not be able to have off-spring, except through adoption and otherwise. Though it could contradict my main protocol, you have to keep in mind that while I am moving away from it. My duty of protecting Maria is very central to who I am. Not that I regret that fact, she is a wonderful young girl and I want to keep her safe." The android said smiling, he would never be able to entirely change his protocol. However, he was allowing himself to act based off what he was feeling more often now than ever before. That was not something he was ashamed of at all. He embraced it and was making it his own destiny, wasn't that something that he should be doing? Of course it was, he was going to be his own person whether that be human or android was his own choice.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyFri Feb 06, 2015 4:43 am

Cool man, maybe I can write down the names of a few manga’s you might like and you could pick them up when you get the chance. Also, this might be a bit inappropriate, but think I’ll just ask anyway. When you have to plug in, does it go in your… ahh… idk your…ear? Is it like a personal thing where the plug goes?” Hyde couldn’t keep a straight face; he was trying to get a laugh out of alphonso again. “ I’m just kidding buddy, but I was serious about the whole thing involving finding someone. It can happen if you tried to look. Though, I think you have a bit of commitment issues, due to the fact that your self protocol would put maria first no matter what, even you adopted kids. Yea, maybe it’s a bit much….nevermind!”

Hyde was thinking about it more and more as he kept talking, it might be a bad idea for Alphonse after all. “Thought Alphonse, I’m glad were friends. Even though me and Naomi don’t get along, and sometimes it’s a bit difficult to connect with Sharaku, I think we all met for a reason. There is a reason were together, and there is a reason why we work so well together. Oh, is there anything you want to know about me?
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 07, 2015 6:14 am

The android nodded, so Hyde would give him a few suggestions, yes that sounds like a good place to start to be perfectly honest. After all Hyde has some experience in the area of manga and surely his friend would direct him on the right path right. Then Hyde asked how he plugged himself in, but was struggling to keep a straight face. He didn't see what the red haired young man was going for, but turned around and tapped in the upper part of his back, in between his shoulders. "A rather odd presumption, but there is a plug of sorts that I am able to lean right into to help me recharge myself." The android explained, obviously missing the humor that he was supposed to be smiling and laughing at. Though the subject switched back to finding a significant other and how it might be a slight mistake. "I don't think I would want to replace Maria's mother with another, it might be taken the wrong way. I'm glad you caught on to what I was saying though."

Then in a somewhat ironic turn of events, the young man stated he was glad to have met all them and be working alongside them. "I'm glad to have met you too Hyde. You have be a good friend and a wonderful person. As for a question, you mentioned you were going to get a lot stronger the closer you got to people. What exactly did you mean by that?" By that he was inquiring as to how his friend developed a power that was unlike Naomi's and his own. IT didn't seem that likely he had evolved his power in such a way naturally, after all makes bonds made them stronger, but the way his friend was suggesting it was almost a different way of doing it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 08, 2015 1:22 pm

Remember when we went through our first team building exercises to properly set up a strategy and  learn how to fight with each other? We talked about this dream that we had when we were first introduced to the velvet room and Igor , as well as all of the attendants.  Truth be told, I had another dream about signing a contract, stating that I’ll take full responsibility. “ Hyde scratched his head, he didn’t remember the details too much.  “Though, what stood out for me was the amazing power that I’ll get. I thought that I could be even more helpful than before.  After signing the book, I talked with Igor one last time,  I guess it was to make sure that I was sure of myself and that I wanted this. I  took it, and with this power,  I’m supposed to find out the answer.  My  question was simple, what happens after you die?  But I guess that’s not the only answer I have to find. “

Hyde would then make a short cough ad continue his explanation.” Anyway, I get a set of persona’s that seem to be related to the relationships I have with people. The stronger the relationship, the more powerful that particular persona gets. That’s the rules I follow,  they reflect that.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 3:29 am

The android tilted his head to the side as Hyde explained how he got his powers through a second dream and encountered Igor in the Velvet Room. Then a contract and how he was supposed to use his new found powers to find an answer of what happens after you die. Well the android knew scientifically what happened to bodies after they died, but he had the strangest feeling that Hyde was looking for something deeper and more profound. That the android could not answer, but he was glad to see Hyde so excited about this new power. However, he wondered what the cost was, this seemed like a really strong power for what, he had to answer a question? Something was not adding up in the android's rational calculus and it was bothering him a bit.

"Hyde...why would Igor have to ask if you were sure about this? What exactly did you sign as part of your contract? I get the feeling that there is more that you're not telling me. Not to say that you are hiding something, but I feel as though there is a price to this power that you might be afraid to tell me. No great power comes for free, or so I've read...or maybe it was, "With great power comes great responsibility." He said quoting a famous quote of a comic book character.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyTue Feb 10, 2015 8:42 am

Hyde closed his eyes for a brief moment and uttered a word to Sentinel.” "Memento Mori…………, do you have any idea what that means Alphonse? It was a word that appeared after I signed the contract. “ Alphonse made a good point, there was something that he had to do. “ The only thing Igor asked in return is that I abide by the rules and assume all responsibility for all my actions. Which mean taking care of the problem in San Malarus is also my responsibility, since I seem to be the trigger for it. “ Hyde couldn’t wrap his head around it but maybe Alphonse could shed some light on this situation. “ Memento Mori, that phrase stand out the most to me when I think back to the contract in my dream. So far, I never really had a chance to talk about this with anyone else but you, it bothered me….“
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:14 am

The android closed his eyes so he could focus on what Hyde, however when Memento Mori was mentioned his eyes opened. He could translate that famous Latin phrase. Hyde had said before that he had would have to accept the responsibility of all his actions. Upon further examination the android noted that Hyde seemed distressed or confused about what everything meant. Red eyes seemed to be thinking about deeply about something, particularly how to put the very sensitive information for his friend. After a few moments, the android nodded his head.

"I believe you are right about the responsibility part, you have to take the blame or fame for whatever occurs as part of your action. By signing that contract you are essentially saying that you cannot hold Igor and the other members of the Velvet Room liable for the consequences. So essentially any action you take, you are liable for the results of it. If you make a mistake then it is on you." Now the android would come to the difficult part to tell his friend what Memento Mori would mean. The wind could be heard blowing gently across, and the stream near them could be heard flowing and eroding the rocks. It was quite enough to hear a pen drop.

"Memento Mori is a Latin phrase made in the medieval times. It translates into.... The android paused for a moment to make sure that Hyde was listening. "It means, "Remember that you have to die, or remember to die. I think the reason why Igor asked you if you were sure was because that by signing your contract, you were agreeing that at the end of all this. In exchange for this power...you will die." The android said placing a hand on Hyde's shoulder. "However, I might be wrong, so if you feel that concerned about what it means, go talk to Igor. I'm sorry...I'm sorry to relay such horrifying news to you." Oh....the android felt horrible....he had to tell someone else that they were going to die. Granted, perhaps there was some hope? Hope that they could escape death....hope that they would somehow be spared. Was there any hope, or was it just that there was no hope? Hyde had signed into a contract, had he officially signed his life away?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptyWed Feb 11, 2015 2:33 am

“…….” Hyde had a rather stunned look on his face. He tried to talk but there was no kind of sound that came out of his mouth. He didn’t know how to answer that or what to think, Hyde was going to die. Was there any kind of hope? Was this a mistake? ”I…….” Hyde was genuinely upset, he wasn’t too sure that the contract could have such a dire consequence on him. “So…..I guess…if Igor doesn’t say anything…this is my last year….” Hyde was trying to be courageous about this, but he felt as if he was trapped between a rock and a hard place. He finally found a girl he liked, he had some invaluable friends and hoped that he could continue to further that bond and make new ones as well. At the end of this all, it was over for him. “……..” There was a long period of silence between Hyde and Alphonse, he personally felt sick to his stomach. However, he managed to smile anyway. “Well, I’ll have to make the most of it right. Accepting death is also my….responsibility. The least I can do is to make sure that nothing happens to you guys or Azores when I’m gone. You turned out to be very important to me, you kno?
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 11:35 pm

The android noted that Hyde's mood and facial expression changed, he was in shock. Denial, the first stage of grief and despair. He had seen that look before, in Maria's father more than once he had seen that look. Simon had that look moments before he died.... The android pushed the thought aside and placed a hand on Hyde's shoulder offering his friend some comfort. "Maybe not, hold on to hope my friend, go ask the question." The android said trying to encourage his friend not give in just yet..there was still hope! When Hyde said that he would try to do his best before his demise, the android nodded. It was the way he wanted to go out, helping his friends and saving the world. It made a lot of sense. to the android, and thus he offered Hyde a smile.

"I know we are Hyde, and you are important to us as well. We will miss you when you leave us, but we will carry your memory in our hearts. We will not forget the memories we all made together my friend. You have made a positive impact in many lives, so you don't have to die with any regrets, alright? Granted, this is only if you die. I have my hopes high that you will survive." The android was doing his best to give Hyde the self worth that he wanted, no that he needed to feel comfortable that no matter what happens to him he will feel better about himself. The android didn't want Hyde to die, but had a twisted feeling that his friend might die.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:00 am

Of course! This is all just speculation! We don’t know it for sure or anything! In the meantime, let’s talk about something more heartwarming, like Maria’s baby pictures. I bet she was so cute right?” Hyde changed the subject; he figured that it would be better if they talked about things that were a lot less depressing than speculating on his impending doom. Hyde lacked any information as to what will happen to him in the end. There was also a lot more things that he had to worry about instead o being selfish. They would cross that bridge when they get here.

“Hey Alphonse, are you the type that shows cute pictures of Maria to all of your co workers at work? I mean, that’s definitely a fatherly thing to do when you obsess over your daughter and spoil them with all kinds of gifts. Though, you don’t want them to get too spoiled, Shun definitely shows of the princess complex. Oh, and another thing. Have you ever disciplined her with a belt before? Not to say she done bad but… you know in parent teacher conferences when the teacher gets on your back about something.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]   The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Guardian and The Robin [Hyde]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next