Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Clear Sound [Hyde]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 5:00 am

“Wising for something that isn’t, where does that statement originate from? Does it represent all of our shortcomings and misfortunes what “isn’t” always tends to be the things that we want to be. Like the day you was taken from your family, isn’t there ever a time where you wish that didn’t happened. The life you could have lived? Would that count as what’s “isn’t? All thats left to cavr about is the future that you can make for yourself pass all of these hardships. But that's not wrong either.” Hyde would skip the stone across the puddle and put his hands in his pocket. “ It’s a good philosophy to uphold but it isn’t entirely against human nature to wish for these things, right? Caring about the remaining variable of what once was is usually a sign of maturity and coping. Maybe its linked to why you feel the way you do perhaps?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 01, 2015 3:45 pm

Why did Hyde have to keep doing this...? This was tiring, really. Sharaku had said one sentence...and he didn't attach a note that says 'analyze it' to it. Can't he even say a thing without Hyde going and ranting about it in detail? That said, why did the redhead think he even knew what was he saying with it..? He would scowl at Hyde. ''Who said that was what I even meant? I was simply refering to what you said. There isn't much point in flailing about the stadium not being used. You can't make it work yourself. Might as well be better to focus on something that is in motion in current time. That's all. It doesn't mean I was trying to apply it to everything.'', he would say, frowning. ''I did not ask you to make stuff up from what I'm saying, thank you.'' Or more like, thanks for being irritating. If he had meant that, he would know so. And he did not like people trying to think for him in this manner. Not when they're simply going out on a limb. Maybe slow down a little when you're about to give a whole speech based on assumption.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyFri Jan 02, 2015 10:32 pm

Life’s greatest mystery is the fact that there are mysteries behind it. It kind of makes me wonder and make shit up as i go along, just until I find an answer I can be satisfied it. Force of habit, sorry about that. “ Hyde would say in an apologetic tone, he really did lose himself within his own thoughts for a minute. “I didn’t mean to do that, it just happened. I guess with me being idle for too long, I start to resort to things that are either uncharacteristic or over the top. “ Hyde really couldn’t explain it himself but he hoped that Sharaku wasn’t too mad at him for his comments. He was still kind of going on about the reason why Sharaku acted the way he did and wanted to help him. Hyde just didn’t know how.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 11:30 am

''Still, you being satisfied with an answer you make up does not mean you're actually correct. It's probably not very wise to babble an assumption out just like that, mainly when it concerns someone else. It can backfire on you easily. I know that.'' As usual, Hyde was overthinking a little. Then again, old habits die hard. Sharaku wouldn't really blame the redhead for that, but it was indeed rather hard to keep at this without people getting defensive when something is made up that concerns them. After all, it wasn't as if he hadn't done that before several times. And annoyed people are not easy to face in the aftermath.

''Being idle...? Then do something to distract yourself for a moment. Wouldn't that work?'', he'd ask quizzically. It was a little weird to spend time on over the top theories. Usually, there was always a sort of solution that was simple. You'll only tie yourself in a knot if you keep making up complicated possibilites. Actually, he was already losing Hyde's point at times.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 7:31 pm

I am distracting myself, or at least I think I am to a degree. I wouldn’t call this in itself as a distraction for me; I always think it’s good to build relationships with your friends. I don’t know, I just seem to get in a bit of trouble when left to my own deceives sometimes. I would say that I do things off of instinct alone, which could be the problem. But you know, I don’t think my instincts too bad. “ Hyde would then squat down and wave his hand around the puddle. “Remember when me you and ash checked out the cave, people could have gotten lost in there. However, I took the lead, with my gut instincts being my only referral. But that’s not enough sometimes, that why it’s important to have reliable friends.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:12 pm

Hm, did that really mean much..? The cave wasn't really that complicated, and even if, someone could manage to get through with just luck, or a logical assumption, or anything else. The fact that Hyde didn't get them lost did not neccesarily mean it was because of his instinct, did it..? One could assume that, but there was no proof that it wasn't just simple luck at that time. Sharaku would look into the distance. Hyde was really just extremely optimistic, eh..? The redhead always looked on the side of things that seemed good, or positive, but just because you wish so, it doesn't mean it will happen or even is. It's just like someone claiming that they think they're good at cooking without having a solid grounding beforehand, and then ending up burning down the kitchen not so long after. What reason was there in thinking you have good instincts, when it apparently even seems to bring you more trouble to rely on them then not...? That was the question here. Hyde stuck to his opinions too much. And while individualism is a good thing to possess...it's not so good when it affects things for the worse more often than not. Mainly when said person even realizes so.

''I think...that could is the keyword there. Does not mean that someone without any instict would automatically get lost. How can you say it wasn't just luck back there..? I don't think it's that simple to gauge whether you do have good instinct or not. It could be a problem when you rely on them too much without knowing your limits in the area. That way, you're straightforwardly asking for a hit or miss. And missing can be deadly in some situations.'', he would say with a weak shrug, watching Hyde crouch down. He couldn't really figure out what drove Hyde to act in such a jumpy manner all the time. Was he not even afraid that he would end up messing way too greatly one day..? Small mishaps can be covered up, but when something big blows, what then..?

''Reliable friends are good...but it's not something you can get easily. You have to prove that you can be relied onto as well if you want that. After all, expect only what you give. But, I don't know how many people would find simple instinct enough to not be skeptical. Mainly in what we are facing. This isn't a simple game. One bigger mistake can end up even as far as killing us.'' Assertiveness alright, but Hyde seemed to often be missing the cautiousness part. There were times when it was better to hold back, no?
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 8:44 pm

“Luck huh? Maybe you are right; I think I managed to get lucky a few times in my life. However, I’ll always try to take responsibility somehow so the backlash doesn’t affect anyone else if things do go south. ” It was pure luck that Hyde managed to escape death when he jumped into that portal. He didn’t really care where the portal led or anything, he just wanted to get away from his pursuer. IT was a good thing that he wasn’t necessarily sent to a place that had no alternatives to it, it would suck if that particular place turned out to be his own personal hell that was a fate much worse than death. “ So what do you think Sharaku? We been friends for a while now, what’s your honest opinion of me? Do you think I’m reliable?” Hyde was curious as to what Sharaku thought, he wondered if anything negative was going to be said? He was a lot closer with Sharaku than anyone else for the time being, but that doesn’t mean that it could affect Sharaku’s opinion as a whole.

Hyde in fact did want to be seen as a reliable individual, he didn’t want to let anyone down.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 03, 2015 9:11 pm

''That's nice of you. Though, it is not always possible. Just like you can't do much when a Shadow decides to attack everyone at once, because you're too busy defending yourself, first and foremost. A backslash can be too big for one person to handle at times.'' Sharaku would comment fleetingly, giving Hyde a sideways glance. It was not always humanly possible to face a mess up without getting anyone involved. That, and you'll just burn out if you keep doing so. Or, get yourself killed. You never know.

He would frown a little at Hyde's question. Honesty was dangerous. What good was it going to do for the redhead..? He had told him things often enough, and nothing came of it. Did telling him all at once even have a purpose..? He would sigh. ''The answer's questionable. I think you can be. But your actions often prove otherwise. You tend to be jumpy and rush into things too quick. It's not easy to rely on someone when they just up and go do something risky. Like that police venture back then. No one really thought it was a smart move, yet you went. And where did it get you..? It's one thing to present yourself in a way that says that you're always there for your friends to lean on, but another to act as if such risky actions were no big deal. When the majority says something is not a good idea, they won't have an easy time relying on you in the future when you just up and do it anyway. Much more so when it does indeed not end up favorably. I'd say that you are reliable in some ways, yet not in others.'' There, was that enough for Hyde..? He did not really enjoy being frank with people. Saying the truth just made relationships worse, mainly when it wasn't all sugary.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 11:32 am

“Oh, I understand now. Alright, thanks for being honest with me Sharaku.” Hyde would say as he put his hands in his pocket and stare at the puddle for a moment. There were still a few ripples in there from the time that he decided to wave his hands around in the water the way that the water moved was mesmerizing in a sense. “ ….” Hyde took Sharaku’s words to heart, but not in a bad way. It made perfect sense, sometimes a majority vote isn’t even enough to stop Hyde once he puts his mind to something. He thought he would have learned his lesson by then, but the whole boom boxer incident was another lesson of not to act on his own.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 04, 2015 1:01 pm

''You're welcome. Though, I don't know why would you thank for something like that.'' Sharaku would doubt Hyde was entirely happy with those words, seeing as he had gone silent after that. One of the reasons why truth was often not so good. Then again, lying when you're asked to be honest is not the way either. Well, Hyde must have suspected at least a bit, and yet asked. Surely, the redhead didn't think he was going to sweettalk. As nice as that sounded, he actually rarely did that anyway. Not without a good reason. He wasn't the one to sugarcoat too much even when he could.

He would give Hyde a slightly narrowed look. ''You better not start sulking now. That wasn't why I said this.'' That was the last thing he wanted. If he was the type to get really mad when someone messed up, he would have kicked Hyde off a long time ago. It was annoying a lot, yes, but as much as he got snappy over it, he wouldn't chase someone away just because of that. Unless the redhead started doing it on purpose, that is.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 4:06 am

I’m not sulking I was just thinking about how much I messed up so many times, it could of all gotten avoided at a point If I had just listened to you guys. “ Hyde would say as he decided to tell Sharaku what he was really thinking. “Anyway, are you feeling any better now?” Hyde was concerned as to how Sharaku was feeling at the moment. He would have hopped that he wasn’t still down in the dumps about the whole “not fitting in thing”. “Don’t worry about the whole truth telling thing; it’s good for friends to be honest with each other. I just hope I could change and be a bit more reliable for you and everyone else.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyMon Jan 05, 2015 12:28 pm

''Hm..'' Hyde was taking it rather seriously all of a sudden. Sharaku didn't know whether that was a good development or not. ''Just don't dwell on it too much. You can't really undone what has happened in the past. Focus on doing well in the present and future if you want to try avoiding more mess ups. Besides, humans learn from their mistakes, no?'' It wasn't going to to Hyde much good to think on what he had already done. If he was in the redhead's place, it would just make him feel worse about the whole thing. When Hyde asked about him again, he would pull a blank face. Were they still on that..? Honestly, he felt better when he did not have to think about it. The less he had it on mind, the less it bothered him during a conversation. ''Fine.'', he'd answer simply, hoping Hyde would just let that be for now. He had had enough for the day.

''Is it...? I'd say it's always risky. How can you tell that your so called friend will not turn on you if you happen to tell them something unpleasant..? It happens a lot. You don't truly know who is actually your friend until it comes down to the harsher stuff. Just claiming it does not mean the person is sincere with you.'', he would shake his head a little. You can try trusting a person, but you never have it guaranteed that they will not let you down when the comradeship doesn't suit them anymore. True friends aren't that easy to come by. He wasn't naive enough to believe in it. Everyone is capable of things such as betrayal. It's a fact. ''That said, just don't go changing yourself too much. Becoming a different person just for this will not help you any.'', he would comment on Hyde's resolve. What's the point if you end up not being yourself at all..? It didn't feel right. He knew that to a certain extent.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 9:18 pm

“Well you’re my friend aren’t you? Sometimes I would like to be there for people as much as I can, even though it might not be the same when I need them. I’m not really looking for a big crowd, it’s just as important if the group of people that car about you turn out to be a handful. “Hyde let Sharaku’s words sink in a little bit more before he started talking again. “Maybe this is a bit naïve of me, but I think I’m pretty honest with myself and others. When the chips are down, I won’t betray you, I know that for a fact. So, as long as you know that, ok?” Hyde would give a bit of a weak smile to Sharaku. The conversation was a bit troubling, but he didn’t to believe in such a possibility that his friends will turn on him.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyTue Jan 06, 2015 10:25 pm

Sharaku would give Hyde a slightly skeptical look, clicking his tongue a little. ''My, aren't you contradicting yourself a little? You say you aren't looking for a big crowd, yet as far as I'm aware you act buddy buddy with pretty much everyone you meet. What do you pick friends by? Because at a single glance, it appears as if you consider everyone a friend. That's not possible, is it?'' Hyde knew how to be puzzling. What was the reality there..? Friends didn't rain after all. Assuming everyone is a friend is not really the smartest move. And the redhead's claim that about a handful was a bit out of the loop, seeing as his behavior usually reflected otherwise. Frankly, he never knew which part of Hyde's admissions to take for granted.

''Fair, it is your choice in the end. Yet, if you portray yourself as too honest, aren't you risking that people will use it as an opportunity to pull your leg? You may not want to betray anyone, but what will you do if someone does it to you? It's safe to say that it's rare for a person to be an innocent angel.''
, he would say, his gaze taking on a somewhat curious edge. ''What would you do if I went and messed around with you, hm?'' Hyde was always rather trusting. He was curious how would the redhead react if one of his precious friends turned out to be a manipulating asshole. One never knows. Not that he was planning on actually pulling a stunt like that, but in theory, nothing was impossible.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 7:22 am

Good question. The truth is that I don’t have an answer for that, I don’t know what I would do if you went to mess around with my head. Frankly, this might be an assumption, but you are a bit more straight up to do anything like that.” Hyde wondered how to answer the first question that Sharaku had for him. “Well, I consider everybody to be a human being. I always portray the same kind of respect that I would want someone to show me in return. The simplicity of kindness could come off on many different focal point, I personally would like to spread as much happiness as I can. But when it comes to friends, it’s more of a budding bond that continues to grow even after that meet. What do you think friendship means to you then?“

After listening to sharaku’s response, Hyde would make a small sneeze. “Ahh…. Anyway… I guess I rely more on my instinctive reasoning when it comes to people that I want to be friends with. The gut feeling is not always wrong at times right? And you know? I think is the longest that we talked for a while, I think it’s a pretty good chance since we were rather busy and whatnot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Clear Sound [Hyde]   Clear Sound [Hyde] - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

Clear Sound [Hyde]
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next