Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Visiting a monument [Sharaku]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Visiting a monument [Sharaku] Empty
PostSubject: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:44 am

As usual, Hyde and Sharaku were at ends with each other. Today was a day that Hyde was going to try to make it up to his friends with a nice walk in the woods of Lunapa island, or basically enjoy the island in general. Hyde was wearing a summer like outfit, a short white tank with some cargo pants and some small boots. If some were to make a guess, Hyde would either look like a military man or some hunter. Hyde was still sporting the small pendant he wears in a few occasions as he holds a coconut with a straw in his hand and waits by the tree. “I wonder if he would even want to hang out today.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:03 pm

Hyde was obviously the kind that does not give up easily. Though, Sharaku wouldn't say he really minded. The redhead was okay for company, as long as they didn't clash too much. Which actually happened quite a lot due to Hyde liking to keep his mouth moving all the time. He still wasn't sure whether the redhead just said the first things that came to his mind, or actually thought before he declared anything. Because, if it was the latter, then he would have to sadly admit he wasn't very enthusiastic with the way Hyde thought most of the time. Then again, to each their own. Hm, either way, he'd just see what comes out of this. He could use some fresh air anyway.

Visiting a monument [Sharaku] Tykksss

Surprisingly enough, he was wearing a white shirt and black dress pants today, instead of the outfit he sported lately, but hey, you can't wear the same all the time. Casually making his way around from the other side of the tree, he would at first slighty raise his eyebrow at Hyde's clothes, though, he was only seeing him from behind. Still, it looked rather interesting. Giving himself a mental shrug, he would reach out to tap Hyde on the shoulder. ''Hello. Enjoying the fresh air?'', he'd ask calmly. Well, fresh air as one would put it, as Hyde would most likely get some smoke in his face as they were right now. Oh well, the redhead could always move away if cigarette smoke disturbed him, it wasn't like he was being held in place.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 1:21 pm

Pretty much….” Hyde would say as he stepped back a meter to give sharaku some smoking space. He didn’t really like the smoke being in his face and found himself fanning the air around him after coughing twice. Afterwards, Hyde would give Sharaku a friendly smile and wave. “ Yo, I’m glad you could make it. Today’s a really nice day, so I figured it should be spent on one of the best islands in Azores. “Hyde would then rub his head and smile bashfully. “Well, that’s my opinion at least. But take a look at this tree….” Hyde would say as he pointed at the tree ahead of them. It was one of the massive tourist attractions that Azores was known for; it was even rumored to be the biggest tree in the world. “ Isn't mother nature amazing in a sense, for something this big to be capable of growing?” Hyde would say with a bit of pride as he smiled ahead, looking towards the Lunapa Oak.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 2:05 pm

Sharaku would observe Hyde's fanning with a faint smile, staying where he was, seeing as the redhead moved away from the smoke. Well, he wouldn't blame Hyde. It probably wasn't pleasant for someone who wasn't at least somewhat used to it. ''Well, I can't say I have much to do that could interfere.'', he'd mutter to Hyde's comment on him making it, as he poofed out some more smoke. When Hyde pointed at the tree, he would blink a few times, before turning his head to the side slightly and up to look at it. ''Perhaps so. As long as people don't decide to interfere, I'd guess.'', he would answer Hyde's question, looking back towards the redhead a few moments later. ''Nature is complicated though. You never know what can happen. Hm. It seems you like it a lot, however. Would you prefer it to a city?'', he would state with a slight inquiry, glancing at Hyde somewhat thoughtfully.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 3:10 pm

“Industrialization would be considered as the killer of mother nature herself. I think that the people of Lunapa were doing this island some justice by maintaining some of the old customs they maintained, even if it differs from the mainstream. There is not a lot of moments in life where something is free without consequence. There is fresh produce to pick from, free water to drink, it’s a blessing for the people here to be able to live of the land like this in this day and age, along with being connected to the outside world and the newer customs at the same time. ‘ Hyde would then look back at the big tree after looking at Sharaku. “Put it this way, this tree is a result of people handling the island around them with care. “ When sharaku asked if Hyde would prefer Lunapa over more mainstream places, he would nod his head slightly. “ You come to appreciate both styles of living, I just hold Lunapa island with more admiration for what I think it stands for. What about you, you travelled far and wide, you probably experienced different things and cultures. What’s the most memorable?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 5:36 pm

''Maybe.'' Well, Sharaku didn't really want to go and argue with Hyde about nature. He had nothing against it in general, though he doubted something like this would last way too long with the way the world is headed nowadays. ''Still, even if that's so, how long do you think this will last? Barely anything is free these days, and a few people won't be able to keep it so, if the majority of the world decides to say no.'', he would shrug slightly, crossing his arms over his chest. It was perhaps an interesting way of living, but not one that was easy to keep alive in current society. When Hyde turned a question against him, he would give a short snort, running a hand through his hair. ''Well, I can't say that was something I paid too much attention to, to be completely honest. Probably the last on my list, to be truthful. But, I'd say, the differences aren't really something worth talking about. Besides, I've only been to two countries aside from this place. That isn't necessarily very much.'' He would give Hyde an amused stare for a bit. In actuality, he couldn't figure out why was the redhead asking about that. He wasn't the type to find remembering thing a favorable pasttime most of the time. Sure, traveling could be nice, but he had done it mostly out of necessity back then, and it was a fact that he didn't care enough to explore things like culture. Even if he were to take the place he came from...well, there was probably less difference than from Japan, so the point was generally moot. ''Why are you asking anyway?'', he'd inquire after a moment. He did want to know what inspired Hyde for this all of a sudden still.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 6:00 pm

Hmm…. Well…. Everyone says that travelling is a good thing to do before you figure out what you would want to do with your life. Taking in the scenery of each area and interacting with the people there changes you piece by piece, even if it’s by a little. Even if the most it does is add a bit of insight, its one of the things that molds your personality. There is no place like home, but the other areas that you visit are fascinating in a sense, just because of how much it differs from home. Or maybe it’s just me. “ Hyde would say as he took a small sip of his coconut water. “I just wondered what you was able to take away from all of the trips that you took. You speak of those two countries pretty lightly, but what of it? Was the food unique? Was the air you breathed much different? The language they spoke? Were the people friendly?” Hyde would say as he paused for a moment before continuing. “As to how this affects your personality, when you develop an insight as to how other places operate and work, you come to small conclusions with yourself that no one can claim but your own. I don’t know, it just seemed interesting to me…” Hyde would say as a small breeze blew by.

Weakness
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 7:34 pm

Sharaku would remain silent for a while, giving Hyde a contemplative stare. ''It's interesting, yes, but not always very fun. It depends on where you go, and under what circumistances. Besides, you say no place is like home, but you aren't from Azores either, right? Does that mean you miss the place where you came from, or you already consider here home?'', he'd ask, as he walked closer to the tree, leaning against the trunk, looking upwards at the branches. With Hyde firing a few questions at once, he would look back down at the redhead with a raised eyebrow. ''Yes, most of the things are different at each place you go to, language being the obvious one, but it's mostly just because people are raised with different views elsewhere. One generally acts the way that seems best for where they live. I never really took much more from that. It may be somewhat entertaining to see, but that's about it. Besides, as far as differences go, I always found learning the language of wherever you go rather troubling. I still don't think english is easy, and I've been here for quite a while.'', he would say, giving Hyde slight wry smile. He could somewhat understand the younger's perspective, but it didn't really have that much of a meaning to him. Huffing some smoke, he would narrow his eyes at the redhead briefly, giving a light chuckle, before speaking up, in a different language this time. ''Uma só língua nunca basta.'', he would say shortly, with more of an accent than when he spoke English. Though, he would leave it at that, as Hyde would most likely not understand whatever he just said.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptySun Nov 16, 2014 11:49 pm

“Ahhh!! See? It looks like the language wore off on you after all.” Hyde would say with a small smile as he would also walk over to the tree. “ You know abot the biblical times and at they say about language?  There was a time where we all cold speak the same language, but that was changed quite easily for one reason that split us apart from each other. As for your question, there is no going back for me. Azores is a lace I can consider as my home without going back.  If it’s possible that you could go back home, would you?” Hyde would say as he lightly touched the tree, the rough bark being brushed slightly across his hand. “ Back to the biblical thing, it’s an old story,  it just makes me wonder why something like that would happen in the first place. However, it also gives me time to think about as to what would of happened if we all continued to speak the same language. As far as it goes for culture, I but things could change. As for whether it’s for the better or worse….not sure…. Hyde would think about his words, and then toss Sharaku another language. That language just now? What is it?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 7:36 am

''Did it, really?'', Sharaku would quip lightly, as he watched Hyde come over as well, starting to babble something about prehistorical language situations or whatever. Well, he never paid attention to Bible or anything related to it. But then the redhead asked a question, and he would give him a solemn expression. ''I don't know. I could, but I'd probably have nothing to do there anymore.'' If he really wanted to, he could go, but what was in it for him? He doubted it would change anything. ''Still, you say that you already consider Azores your home. What's the value of the word then, if you can just change the place as time goes? In this style of thought, home could be just about any place you're at, as long as you tell yourself it is. What's the point of home then?'', he'd ask in a slighty thoughtful tone, as he leaned his head backwards against the tree. Really though, what was home anyway?

He would give Hyde a sideways glance as the redhead continued his previous topic about having one single language. Well, wouldn't that make things easier? ''One thing it'd mean is, that you wouldn't have to worrry about not understanding a single word when you go somewhere else.'', he'd state, not having anything else to say on that. He wouldn't say he was interested in debating cultural changes with a hypothesis in mind too much. It wasn't like talking about it would bear any fruit, except for a possible argument between them, considering how Hyde as usual seemed much more enthusiastic about the given subject. ''Hm?'', he would make an absentminded sound when Hyde called him out on using a different language. Honestly, he often forgot he did, when he did so. ''Ah, right. That's Portuguese, meu amigo falador.'', he'd answer with slight amusement, this time mixing both that and English in one sentence. Perhaps different languages could be fun as well. He could just about say anything, and Hyde would have no idea what he was talking about. This way, you could even insult people without them knowing. Though, he wasn't the type to indulge in that just because.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 10:35 am

“The point of home? Well, it’ll always be the one place that you truly belong to. Home is a place that you can establish anywhere with a certain number of things. It could be the people in that place that could be the reason it makes you feel whole again… the bed…etc. There is always some factor laying into how home becomes special. Everything else that has amazing qualities of life becomes a substitute but the original is something you decide with your heart, and it’s ok if it changes.” Hyde raised an eyebrow when Sharaku explained what language it was. “ Well, I guess you took the time to learn the language, maybe you must of liked the place? The tourist attraction is known for a lot of beautiful places, like Porto. The entire layout and the way they get around with those boats reminds you of ancient Venice, Shakespeare times. I learned bout it in history class. I don’t say this with no backing of course; it’s the fact that you went to another country and came back with something that shows you maintained an interest in it. In this case, you kept their native tongue, even though you can argue that it’s useful to be bilingual. As oppose to leaving with nothing at all you take from your journeys. “Hyde would sip some water from the coconut and lean back on the tree. “ So, sticking around in Azores or you’re headed somewhere else? And you know, you never really told me what you did for a living, if i'm not prying too much. ”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 12:31 pm

Sharaku would almost go crosseyed from Hyde's lengthy explanation. Sheesh, not that he didn't appreciate being told, but the redhead had a way of telling in so many words that he was already lost halfway through. No offense. Being overly talkative had its positives, but negatives too. At some point, your company will get tired of endless listening, even if the subject on hand had been labaled interesting originally. Hyde was obviously an expert in pulling that feat off. He'd make good in telling bedtime stories for kids, that was for sure. ''So, basically, it's like the phrase they say; 'Home is where the heart is', yes? That's what you meant to say, I believe.'', he'd conclude eventually, with a light sigh. There, that was a lot less words than Hyde used. Though, he wasn't sure if he could think of that as an achievement. Hyde always spoke so much, it was actually more of an achievement to explain something in more words then the redhead had.

Visiting a monument [Sharaku] Tykismokey

However, after Hyde's next monologue, the only thing he managed at first, was to give the teen a deadpan stare, before deciding to take a moment to respond to that, focusing on his smoke meanwhile. Well, he had completely forgotten that he hadn't mentioned this before...And honestly? If he had to learn Portuguese as a secondary language, he would probably have thrown all learn books out of the window. He doubted he would have known it, was it not a language he kind of...had to learn. Sure, Japanese was somewhat harder than that, but still. He had a point anyway, end of story. In the end, he would give Hyde a faint smile. ''One thing you're right about. There is a lot of boat travel in Portugal, because as obvious as it is, you're never really too far from the sea when you're there. But you somewhat missed the point on everything else. I can't say I took the time to learn the language. At least, not in the way you're talking about. I suppose I've never really told you though. I was born in Portugal, so it IS my native language. I digress, however, it can be interesting to learn a foreign language, as long as whoever's attempting to teach you, knows what they're doing.'' Hm, it could be quite the pain when you tried to learn on your own, and a useless tutor was no win either.

With more questions coming, he would shake his head a little. ''For now, I suppose I'm staying. It's tiring to just travel around all the time.'', he'd say, running a hand through his hair thoughtfully, not sure how to address the second inquiry. Eh, time to just wing it, apparently. ''There isn't much to pry in the first place. Right now I'm not doing anything, so that's that.'', he'd answer, waving the question off nonchalantly. And it was true anyway, at the current time period, he was not wokring anywhere.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:17 pm

“Hmm…ok” Hyde would say simply as he finished the coconut water and proceeded to walk to the nearest trash can. Hyde would then walk back towards the tree with his hands his pockets and he closed his eyes and leaned back against the tree.” If that’s the case, how do you make most of your money? You have somewhere to live, you have good clothes, and you take care of yourself. You don’t seem too interested in the wildlife, so I kind of doubt you would hang around Lunapa and camp out the old fashion way and eat produce all the time. “Hyde was starting to get a bit curious, How did sharaku make his money? He always complained whenever Hyde tried to treat him, so Hyde would figure that he had a job. But he didn’t.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 1:48 pm

Sharaku would narrow his eyes slightly when Hyde decided to keep poking around the job subject. Did they really have to discuss that? Yes, he could understand the redhead being curious, as he remembered the younger running around and trying to get a job cause he was broke back in the day. Still, was this truly neccesary? Oh well. With a slightly bemused huff, he would sizzle out the remains of his cigarette between his fingers with a slight twitch at the corner of his lips at the burning sensation. ''I never said I don't like wildlife. Camping sounds fairly interesting, for a short period of time.'', he'd say with a wry smile. ''But since you're so curious, I'll put it this way. I did work in the past, before I came here. I don't really need to right now, as I still have enough. Is that a good enough answer?'', he'd give eventually, answering a bit vaguely, as he slid downwards, sitting on the grass as he leaned against the tree, instead of standing. This talk was getting tiring.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] EmptyMon Nov 17, 2014 2:36 pm

“Sure does, I can read between the lines. Sorry for asking. “ Hyde would say as he lightly laughed it off and rubbed his head. “Today was really a good day, and i didn’t really want to spend it with random questions that would have eventually annoy you. Mostly, I just wanted to hang out with you and see how you were doing ….and show you one of my favorite places.” Hyde would say as he looked up at Sharaku with a smile as he crouched down and sat on the grass. Hyde would then reach into small knapsack and pull out an apple as he took a light bite. You know Raku, I think you are the very first friend I made here. I kind of kept to myself a bit when I arrived, got a bit scatterbrained when getting a job was on my mind. Even though we get one each other’s nerves a lot, you’re still important to me…. You know that?”
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Visiting a monument [Sharaku]   Visiting a monument [Sharaku] Empty

Back to top Go down

Visiting a monument [Sharaku]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next