Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cell

(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! Empty
PostSubject: (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!   (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 5:51 am

Deth Derby
Adrenaline's a Hell of a Drug.

The Biography

Birth Name: Shawn Hewett
Aliases: Deth Derby (Legal name now)
Birth Day: 4/5
Arcana: The Tower
Place of Residence: Hayabusa District
School Year: Second Year
Class: 2-B

After School Club: N/A

Part Time Job: Part-time Freelance Stuntman (He works parties usually)

Appearance: Deth is the kind of guy who dresses for his dream job. He is pale to the look, dyes his hair purple, wears purple lipstick and sometimes eyeliner to add empasis. His eyes are reddish-brown, almond shaped. He has many piercings in his left ear, and a stud over his left eyebrow. His usual attire, when not in school, is a jumpsuit much like a Stuntman would wear, purple in colour, with all his investors listed on it with sewn on patches (is currently empty). It has built in padding on the shoulders, elbows, and knees, with seperate, but matching, gloves and boots. In school he wears the uniform, if necessary, but would otherwise wear his jumpsuit, given the opportunity.

Personality: Deth is a guy who lives for the adrenaline he works for. Nothing is on his mind when he is alone except for what kind of wickedly crazy thing he will do next for people to watch. In a normal conversation, he will often forget to not be arrogant at first, making him bad at first impressions. It is not often one's first concern isn't the jumpsuit of his. He's very hardheaded, not particularly bright, and overall, he's a bit egocentric. This isn't to say he can't be a good guy, but he generally expects favors to be returned one day.

As such, he is incredibly kind to those who are kind to him. He is the kind of guy who would kill another human being because they were going to harm someone who was kind to him. He believes that favors can be paid off with any payment, but prefers to pay off his debts with interest in mind. He doesn't care about how it may appear socially, he just has a code that he likes to meet.

In fact, he generally doesn't actually care what people think of him. Some may think him a great guy because he can do a full backflip on a bicycle with only a shoddy ramp. Some people think he's crazy. All of them can equally wait in line to watch his performance. Deth's true reasoning behind the stunts, the reason he would go to such lengths, is because of a chemical dependency on adrenaline. His only thoughts are of adrenaline, his next fix of it, the feelings it gives him. During school, he is mostly asleep because he is going into withdrawal. Deth's chemical dependency on Adrenaline comes before personal safety and friendship.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Practiced Stuntman
    Description: Deth is a man of action, adrenaline, and expertise in mobility through improbable and dangerous situations. Doing a large majority of this practice back in the states, he uses this skill to perform acts of reckless stupidity for anyone that dare look his way. Happily, he is damn good at what he does. (Agility Boost: 5%)

Strength Name: Overbearing Presence
    Description: Deth has a grand presence about him, generally because people are attracted to a certain level of danger, which he exudes. People usually flock to view his public stunt displays, usually gathering the publicity he needs to make a living. This grand presence serves other purposes, of course, though that is what it is mainly used for. (Boosted Leadership)

Strength Name: Adrenaline Rush
    Description: He works very well with adrenaline, getting it very easily from his systems at the slightest signs of danger. While it's not the dose he seeks, he is still boosted from it, it's just not satisfying. (Attack Speed Boost).

Strength Name: Pretty Great Chef
    Description: His parents once gave him a cook book for his birthday. He never had much use of it, but moving from the states to Japan and his parents' odd work schedule left him experimenting a bit and he found he was very good.

Strength Name: Expert Vehicle Worker
    Description: He is intuitively good at any form of vehicle and riding it to its optimal efficiency. This extends from skateboards and bikes, to cars and horses. This standing, he can truely optimize the stunt potential of any situation, and if people don't mind nauseating levels of excitement, he is always willing to give them a ride.

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Adrenaline Junky
    Description: Due to his chemical addiction to adrenaline, and nobody keeping him in check, you could be damn certain he will never say no to something like a dare, unless it's a boring dare, or stupid, like licking floor cheese. Because of his adrenaline junky tendencies, he will even jump in on street brawls on the losing side just because it looked challenging. Thusly, he's pretty grand at getting into trouble.

Weakness Name: Short Attention Span
    Description: As his mind is always on adrenaline, he will often drift out of things that bore him like not adrenaline and lose focus. Due to this, he can offend people, or worse. (Increased Enemy Advantage Rate, Shadows attacking him act as if they have an Attack Speed Boost)

Weakness Name: Grand Flourish
    Description: Deth is a show-off. He doesn't care what people think of him, but he likes showing off to prove he can. While that seems nonsensical, it's an ego booster. It is because of this fault he wants to be a famous stuntman. He's like an adrenaline-exhibitionist. (Flaw: Will sometimes forgo his turn's attacks to show off)

Weakness Name: Terrible Fashion Sense
    Description: That jumpsuit he likes to wear is the most fashionable thing he knows how to wear. If he doesn't let his mom dress him for any special events, he misbuttons shirts, can't tie a tie, and will often wear something too large for him. It's actually funny to see him go clothes shopping.

Weakness Name: Doesn't Like Effective But Boring Approaches
    Description: A lot like his show off flaw, except pertaining to things in everyday life. If it is a boring approach, he will do everything in his power to make it more interesting. (Flaw: May take bread to Limbo so as to agitate a shadow into blasting him with Agi and instead of toasting it so that he has toast, or other silly antics that are more exciting but overall less effective)

Soul Bound Weapon: Helmets

Weapon Name: Stunt Helm
    Weapon Description: A white stunt helmet with a green visor and a set of purple flame decals.
    Weapon Image: --
    Weapon Attack Type: Strike
    Weapon Element: --

The Background

History: Shawn was born in the state of New Jersey, into a lower middle class family. He grew up surrounded by daring and inventive friends, all of whom were about as skilled as he is to this day. Even before he had school, he was usually just hanging out with his friends, looking for inventive ways to climb houses without getting caught and stuff. Shopping carts at the stores would go missing, as these kids would do stupid things like shopping cart downhills. Some injuries happened, others should have happened, but as he grew up, he got more and more extreme. Then the economy crashed on his parents, causing them to scrape together their life savings, and move to Japan.

The Hayabusa district was a small, neighborly neighborhood, which appealed greatly to his parents. Shawn himself was bored of it within a day. Without people just saying hello to him and dragging him to go on exciting ventures, he went into withdrawal. It took a bit of internet surfing, but he discovered that his issue was a lack of excitement from just doing it. So he got his parents to let him legally change his name, and began to actively make himself exciting. Deth Derby, the new Evel Kneevil (or so he'd hope) was born!

Last edited by The Cell on Tue Nov 19, 2013 8:00 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!   (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:50 pm

Everything is good save for two things. Your first weakness is good, but Shadows are not randomized when they appear. They are actually set on a map that you can rush into and gain the first attack, or conversely get close to them but not close enough, and they attack first. You don't have to have it refer to Shadow encounters if you do not want to. Also, your second weakness, if by "Increased Enemy Advantage Rate" you mean you will be giving the Shadows more opportunities to attack, then that works, it just may be similar to your third weakness. Just make sure to clarify that. Other than that, everything looks nice.

Last edited by Sir Grantus on Tue Nov 19, 2013 6:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
The Cell

PostSubject: Re: (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!   (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 6:55 pm

Edits placed.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!   (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! EmptyTue Nov 19, 2013 7:10 pm

Very well made app. You are approved. Your class is 2-B.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!   (My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!! Empty

Back to top Go down

(My Intro Lied) Iiiiit's Deth Derby!!!
Page 1 of 1