Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]

Go down 
+5
Zabertooth
TheRedRibbon
Dethkruzer
Steele
Infinite Jest
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] Empty
PostSubject: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyMon May 20, 2019 5:40 pm

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] 2zgu2s3
----------------------
Hello Neighbor
----------------------

The sound of celebration would be all too familiar for anyone who strode past the Festival Strip's streets once. Every evening was a night of commemoration in this very part of Little Tokyo. Gratitude towards the Queen for bringing forth an era of peace... or so most would believe during the revelry. Past the pleasant smell of food and the sound of the taiko drum announcing the passing day, there were still dim streets of old buildings, broken down from the horrors of the Eternal Divide. All too forgotten like a bad dream, but this forgotten nightmare still scars.

Nadia and whoever came with her would come across the fenced in building the address directed them to. Their way getting inside would've been difficult with rusty chains keeping the entrance shut, if it weren't for one featureless man smiling at them. Silently he would unlock the lock keeping the chain together before pushing the fence open. No words would exit from his mouth, but only a gesture gave them permission to come on in...

No matter what they would say to him, he would only answer in giggles and continue gesturing them inside.

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] AW6eeJj

Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyTue May 21, 2019 7:27 pm

One man out front, posed to meet her, with a brazen display of confidence, wielding a gun in what was only just recently broad daylight. Nadia had scanned the building from across the street and a few lots down. With nearly imperceptible claws that could cut through anything, it was easy enough to find a back way into one of the abandoned buildings near Joker's hideout. The one she'd picked hadn't had any working cameras, the fence was in shambles, and there were plenty of holes in the back portion of the building. Apparently it had never been renovated or put to any use after the Divide. Likely that was the case with most of these buildings. If Joker could hide out in one, so could she and her allies. If they chose to come, that was.

Nadia set down the binoculars she was using to look through, setting it next to the note she'd left there. This room, in this building, was the point of entry that she'd set out for the Playhouse to meet up, if they chose to join her here. It was sudden, and many had other motivations and activities they had committed themselves to this evening. Herself and Cecil were included in that number, and so...the likelihood of anyone showing up at all for her was not something she could count on. In fact, that point gave her strength, conviction in her resolve to die here, if that was necessary. Conviction, as well, to kill again if the need arose. If she saw Cecil again, she was afraid the ice she'd formed around her heart would melt, and all of her conviction with it.

As she studied the note she'd left with the binoculars on the clearly visible desk, her eyes caught the glint of streetlights outside, making them glisten like polished steel. She couldn't decide if she was on the verge of life or death, and a thrilling feeling of anticipation was sparking through her. It was like watching a hurricane roll towards you, exciting and inherently dangerous.

Nadia's Note:

Nadia tapped the desk, trying to decide if there was any point in continued stalling. In her heart, it was hard to think anyone was coming. It was a dark room on a dark night. She'd spent the last few hours running around making plans and placing bets and there was no way they had all panned out. There were likely several playhouse members who hadn't even seen the letter she'd placed there. Maybe all of them.

That was all the disheartening thoughts she needed. As she turned to leave, a line from the poem she'd quoted in her letter came to her mind. Amusing how in times like these little bits of words could mean everything.

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] Tumblr_nr36bosvU21qa7diro1_500
"...My purpose holds to sail beyond the sunset, and all the baths of all the western stars...until I die."

Nadia left the building the way she'd come, through the back , and through the alley ways back towards the festival, but not quite all the way to it. She cut back towards the main road, walking down through the street in her plain clothes. Just a small girl on a late night walk. Her red hair bounced as she went. And the newly changed eyes steeled themselves. She slowed as she approached the building she was meant to meet Joker at, walked past the building she'd left her note in, but did not look at it. If they were there...they would let her know. Her eyes stayed focused on the road ahead, and the man waiting for her with his big red-lipped grin. He had no eyes, but was much more amicable than the men who had attempted to kill Yuri earlier in the day. For now. That could change at any moment, she realized, and swallowed as she made her way ever closer.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptyTue May 21, 2019 9:28 pm

The night cloaked them. Deep within the dark, a Revenant had risen up, to exact a toll on those who would do harm unto others. Both armour and a set of coverings beneath concealed his features, doubling his disguise.
No chances would be taken, here.
Despite the short notice, he'd made sure all were informed.

A careful path taken to ensure their approach went unnoticed, the Revenant found his way to the meeting spot. He noted the binoculars, and quickly scanned the note. "The Nightingale has already left for her meeting with JOKER..." It frustrated him that he hadn't arrived in time for a face to face meeting, but scanning the scene revealed a figure approaching a faceless man...she looked very different, but that could only be Nadia they were waving down as she approached.
Still not too late, then.
That didn't stop his mind racing, though.

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] Altern10

'Veritas, add Nightingale to our communication loop. Tempo, grab the binoculars and assess the premises for security - guards, surveillance, entrances, all of it. Dirge, Veritas, stick with Tempo and determine a good extraction point, and be prepared to arrive in force. Everyone else, with me. Stay quiet, and be wary. We do not want to be seen, and we do not want to be heard.'
'If at any point, anyone present has a question or concern, make it known. And if anyone sees or hears something, share it. If there are no objections, we get to work.'

A moment's pause, and no more, allowed people to chance to say their piece. They couldn't afford to lose too much time.

After the moment passed and every concern was dealt with, he nodded. 'Alright. Time to get to work.'
Leading the path, Revenant slipped out from the building's back, and slipped across when there were no eyes on his small group. Darting into the cracks between the buildings, he watched for anything that might catch their movements and took a covered path towards the warehouse where the meeting was about to start.
No chances taken, here. He was determined on that.
Back to top Go down
Dethkruzer

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 9:32 am

Her form was... Hardly inconspicuous, all things considered. Some of the others were fairly lucky with their disguises, in that some could at least just wear another set of clothes over it. But with her, she had the large shoulder pauldrons and chest armor to deal with. Thankfully her usual choice of clothing actually turned out to work here as well. A trenchcoat, with a high collar, about four sizes too big for her normally, actually could do the task quite well. A bit of padding haphazardly stitched to around the waist and back served to even out her figure, making her feminine features less prominent to the point that i was hard to tell she was even a woman. Combined with a wide-brimmed had, pulled down as far as she could, and one of those paper flu masks, and it was probably the best she could do to cover up on such short notice. The coat felt clumsy, but she could discard it if need be.

It was too far to judge distances accurately, not even the binoculars could help with that. But from what she saw at a distance, there were some deductions that she could make.

"I would say based on some rough estimates on the dimensions of both the lot and the factory, I'll most likely need to set the escape point somewhere within the lot itself, especially if Nightingale enters the facility." She then nods to Revenant, ghostly chains appearing on around her wrists that she pulls apart, her persona, Mimir, briefly appearing behind her As her power reached outward.

"Nightingale, do you copy? This is Veritas. We are in position along with Revenant and others, and have a visual on your current location. Please give us some kind of sign if you can hear me. She could only hope the message got through.

that done, Veritas turned to Revenant. "We would do well to get our escape point set up ASAP. It needs a small moment to set before I can activate it, and is quite draining on my strength. There is also the range limit, and the fact that the point will bear a visible mark." She then looks to the others present in turn. "This would make it a potential ambush location if we do decide to use it as our point of exit. It wouldn't necessarily be a poor idea to have someone safeguard the point that could inform me if our exit route has been compromised." For now, she'd have to observe and see where this goes. There was a lot hinging on this. Too many variables, too much that could go wrong.

They needed a foundation, something to fall back on if all started going to hell.

Stats:

Passive effects:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 9:48 am

Wiping a bead of sweat from his forehead, Tomomi walked through the streets, ready and waiting. The time was approaching. He'd talked with Cec- no, Revenant, about it in person, but still... He'd been caught up making excuses to his boss for why he couldn't work the night shift tonight. It sounded like if he weren't careful, next mistake would be his firing, but this was too important. Nightingale needed him. A light jog into an alley to change, and Ribbon showed up at the Playhouse in his rather obnoxious terrorist guise, looking for the meeting point. There, Revenant was, issuing orders. Beneath his attire, was a more... Subtle disguise that he could pop into to disappear, with his work mask covering his face, and a hood covering his hair.

There, he walked up to Revenant, listening to his speech, before nodding. "Sorry for the delay Revenant. I... Know I might be more liability than help, but, I will... I will do my best, I promise. Just give the orders, and I'll be there. Ready to give Nightingale the support she needs."

Then, as they left, Ribbon followed.

Last edited by TheRedRibbon on Sat May 25, 2019 5:53 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Forgot to follow like a doof)
Back to top Go down
Zabertooth

Zabertooth

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 4:23 pm

Akuma-- or rather as he was now known as-- Dante, was dressed in his his Persona form. His street-punk and black and red leather jacket was warm around him in this cold night as he followed the trail and the letter of Nightingale. That idiot. If he wasn't soft on women he would of thought worse of her... still, he couldn't believe she would let grief drag her this far to risk going alone, even with the hope of others to come and help her.

This was a mess, but he listened to what the others had to say. The plan to have someone at the escape area was sound. "That should be Veritas. Out of all of us, she can operate at range. Do we know if this clown will be alone himself? As much as I like to think we can set up an ambush ourselves-- I can't rule out this might be a big-ass mistake to give him what he wants."

Dante grumbled as he felt the blood boil from him and his persona-- both were willing to fight. That and Akuma HATED clowns. Any clowns-- especially the creepy ass clowns like Pennywise or any other scary film. He wasn't going to be satisified till he burned or pummeled the creep into the dirt.

Despite his anxious need to fight, he kept the flame burning low and had his arms folded. He rested next to the nearby wall, keeping his ears open. They had to act in turn and with one another, or they would fail. He knew that their operations had failed up to now and their own members had been killed or worse. Even with Akuma having nothing left to lose... suicide runs were not his style.

From behind his flaming devil mask-- the light in his eyes burned for destruction and the fury to end all threats to the Playhouse. "Let's make sure we do this right. I won't forgive any screw ups... and Nightingale better be ready for an earful when this is over." Dante growled softly.

Following their group leader, he kept to the shadows of the ally and observed the 'meeting spot'. He kept close, but made sure not to get careless too. He would check behind him every few seconds, making sure they were not followed.

Akuma Stats:
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 10:22 pm

Lupin after reading the note busted his ass trying to get over to the meetup spot, in normal civilian clothes, of course, Lupin wore a red jacket with a hood has and a white t-shirt underneath along while wearing black jeans even got some star-shaped party glass. No way he is going across a district in his terrorist clothes. As Lupin got closer to the meeting spot, he found an alleyway right before the warehouse area and proceeded to transform into his terrorist outfit. Lupin then went to the meetup area.

Before Lupin saw his fellow terrorist Triboulet said something in Lupin's head with a sound of concern in his voice"Are you sure you want to do this I am sure this Nightingale person will be fine. Lupin in an annoyed tone conveyed his thoughts to Triboulet "I don't care if I am the only one here I am helping this person." Triboulet then said in a sad tone. "its our funeral."

Lupin found the other terrorist that would be helping him on his mission and Lupin seeing as he was new decided to introduce himself."Hi, my name is Tempo and I am ready to help This is a serious operation so no need for jokes at this time. Lupin looked around taking note of the people he is going to work with. That's when he noticed Dirge. Triboulet commented. "Hey isn't that Shouhei?" "Yep its Shouhei. Lupin then proceeded to talk to Dirge before starting. "Dirge I am guessing since your here, the Yuri mentioned in the note is the same one we know. That means this is personal matter now." Lupin was ready to roll.

The leader Revenant spoke up and gave orders, Lupin nod and responded with "Got it, boss." Lupin grabbed the binoculars and started looking around the premise with them. Informing the group of anything that might serve as a threat, clowns, demons, camera's anything that would make this whole plan go out of control. While Lupin was looking around with the binoculars, Triboulet chimed up once more but, since there is now remote communications Triboulet raised a concern with the party. "Hi I am Tempo's persona Triboulet. What should we do in the event that cadets show up do we leave, do we fight back, do we let them fight the clowns and get our friend out of there, what's the protocol here. " Lupin felt like Triboulet raised a vaild concern. Lupin continued to look for threats with the binoculars.

Action:

Persona:

Stats:

Strengths and weaknesses:
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 10:29 pm

Arriving a block away from the meeting point mentioned in Nightingale’s letter, Shouhei parked his motorcycle in the corners of the darkest alleyway he could find.  Still garbed in his disguise from when he left the Playhouse (red eye contacts, a hood, and a surgical mask to cover his face), he snuck through the backways while sticking to shadows until arriving at the building that Nightingale mentioned.  Once there he ducked back, triple checked his surroundings before manifesting his terrorist garb- an armored and leather clad biker outfit- and entered the abandoned building.  There he finally met the small group of members of the Platinum Playhouse who heeded Nightingale’s call.

Despite not being affiliated them he introduced himself as Dirge.  After Revenant had left Dirge overheard the others’ plan as he leaned against a wall adjacent to the doorway of the safe room, eyes out for a possible trap.  Normally he’d be averse to taking orders but knew a more experienced team would simply be better than his own thoughts in terms of tactics- after all he couldn’t blindly charge in and deliver the beatdown these clowns so rightfully deserved, after they nearly killed his friend Yuri.

Speaking of which he was glad Lupin, or Tempo, was here with them and wanted to both help and get revenge; Dirge simply nodded at him and bumped knuckles with his friend and fellow classmate.

...I’m pickin’ up what you’re puttin’ down Veritas, but ain’t we short on manpower as is?  I’d rather be guardin’ you insteada your waypoint- if you’re not safe how the fuck are we gonna get the hell outta dodge to begin with yeah? Dirge’s blunt and vulgar words resounded throughout everyone else’s mind, in a uniquely and almost melodic synthesized tone.  He’d voice his opinions whether they wanted to hear it or not.  

And fat fuckin’ chance of that asshole Joker bein’ alone Dante; alla this reeks of bullshit and obvious trap.  That’s why you’re out there with Rev and the rest of us are gonna make sure y’all don’t step too deep in Joker’s shit.

Finally he turned to Tempo and broadcasted, ...If the Cadets show up I say we get the fuck out as soon as shit possible.  Let them and the clowns fuck each other.
Back to top Go down
Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySat May 25, 2019 10:54 pm

The faceless man would remain in his post as Nadia went through. What she would realize is that the entire plot of land was remarkably vast from where she entered. In fact, she was beginning to pass through what appeared to be a parking lot which in itself surpassed twenty meters on its own. But eventually Nadia would find the large abandoned warehouse the note directed her towards. There was a large gate to the side, but it was open as if beckoning her to come inside. When she finally did, the sight of worn and old machinery would greet her in the vast space of the warehouse's interior. The entire space seemed full of these forgotten machines and it showed, as if they were old husks of industry. There were old platforms and catwalks above that would require some unique effort to reach as the stairs outside and inside the building were shorn off from age and destruction. However, they were at best twenty-five meters above from ground. In the midst of the wreckage, there appeared to be a discernible path to take. It was a path that lead a straight direction towards a single man.

With a near-faceless mask that seemed to smile, adorning a head of viridescent under the moonlight beaming through the holes of the totally dilapidated roof. The man would notice Nadia and quietly gestured her closer inside while pulling out a cellphone.

The screen lit up and from it spoke a robotic mundane tone that one would recognize a text-to-speech function.

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] PF5wgn5
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 1:50 am

Talked with another staff member. Building itself should be around nine meters tall max.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 3:46 am

Nadia marched onward, and not long after she passed the building she'd marked, she heard Veritas's voice in her head. Something broke a little, and she could feel the heart beating faster. The anticipation, the curiosity, that had built up had hit a breaking point, and there was an emotional release she couldn't explain. No...she knew what it was. It was vindication. It was Veritas, but she said there were others. Others including Revenant. She didn't visibly respond, though her soul was buzzing with energy. He was here. If this really was her final hour...oh, how she wanted him here.

"I can hear you. I can hear you. Thank you, everyone." Nadia spoke only through the mental connection, as walked past the gate keeping guard without so much as acknowledging him. If her understanding of Joker was reliable, he didn't invite her all the way out here just to shoot her. He wouldn't need leverage to kill her if all he wanted was her dead. He wanted something from her, most likely. And she needed to find out what that was before she reacted in any major way. At the moment, she had all the calm poise and grace of a woman heading to an important business meeting, confidently striding forward. It would have been an act, but with the others of the playhouse forming plans as she went, the confidence was real. They really were a team, at least to some measure. "You have a way of securing a safe place to teleport to? Perhaps place it just outside the fence closer to the building? If we teleport onto the other side of the fence, it may slow them down if they choose to give chase. My hope is that it won't come to violence. A show of strength may be necessary to overcome this situation, but without knowing what it is Joker wants with me specifically, it's hard to make judgement calls. I will keep you all appraised." For a woman who had written that she had likely chosen death, Nightingale seemed surprisingly calm. After listening to the conversations a moment longer she added, "And yes, if the Cadets show up, please feel free to leave me behind. An outright assault on Cadets is not something the Playhouse should be risking at the moment. We have no way to successfully capture and restrain them, and the moment will kill a Cadet, any potential to rally against common enemies will disappear." Nadia hadn't mentioned her desire to eventually work with the Cadets potentially. If they could be trusted in the long run, it could be a powerful partnership. If the Cadets supported the actions of the District Leaders, it would be impossible, however. It was a gambit she had no basis or authority for making at the moment, but the business side of her brain had been considering the idea for a while.

The interior of the factory was large and falling apart, though it clearly had enough structure remaining that Joker thought it would make a decent place for a meet up. Her boots clicked on the concrete as she approached. There was a single man, and as she looked about, she didn't see any other men standing around. This man was not faceless, instead he wore a mask, which Nadia found odd. "This man is not Joker, but Joker seems to be communicating through garbled speech on a cell phone. The man outside, and the men from the hotel all had featureless faces. Instead, this man is wearing a mask. This is worth noting." Nadia spoke in a swift, business like tone in words only those who shared a link with her would hear.

She kept her distance from the man. She was close enough to hear the phone, but just within reach of catching him in a spell if need be. They were roughly 5 meters apart when she stopped. She could hear the voice clearly, and she soaked up the words, few though they were, and considered them for a moment before responding.

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] Tumblr10
"I'm glad. It is always preferable to make a positive first impression. This is, of course, the first time we've met, after all. You're the infamous Joker, I presume."

She eyed the masked man as she spoke. He had to be different for a reason. She recalled the man from the video she'd seen about Infinite Jest had worn a mask similar to this one. Though, he had been more formally dressed. While all psyche terrorists wore masks, she also recalled that the color schemes of the videos were similar as well, even if their content was vastly different. It wasn't enough to form an assumption, but it was enough to form the question. She tapped her chin. "Your associate has an interesting mask. It's not quite like the others I met. It reminds me vaguely of a video I saw not too long ago, of a group seeking to liberate the people from society. They took control of Television broadcasts too, I believe. I wonder, are you a member of that same group?" she asked with light inflection of curiosity.
Back to top Go down
Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 9:11 am

"The one and the many. A pleasure to meet you, Miss Marquee. Indeed, first impressions do tend to cut deep. My apologies for not coming in person. You see, in this city, one can never be too cautious." The voice on the phone spoke. The man in the mask remained silent during the exchange while still holding the phone towards Nadia. He did not seem at all interested in making any replies at all. Not even when Nadia mentioned him. On the other hand, Joker was more than engaged for the conversation. "Harlequin. You'll have to forgive him, he doesn't like to talk much. I'm sure you understand. Unfortunately, we are not the Playhouse, I'm afraid. Though we are quite huge fans of their work."

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] 27xqt54

"If I were a betting man, you are more than curious as to why I called you here for a conversation. It would be uncouth of me to leave you completely unaware of my intentions, wouldn't it? You certainly don't want your time wasted, I'm sure. You see, as a fan, I would like a liaison on my behalf. How much do you know of the Platinum Playhouse, dear?"
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 2:58 pm

There it was. He'd now given both her first and last name. Any camera watching would have a name to match to her new look. Perhaps it was too soon to change her appearance. Well, it wouldn't be hard to dye her hair again if need be. Though to be honest, she was kind of liking this color. It made her feel like she might be someone who could make a difference now, rather than the person who stands in the corner unseen. First impressions do tend to cut deep he said. That was probably a reference to how she had attacked one of the smiling men with the spike attack. She wondered if he was upset about it, but the text to speech function removed any possibility for inflection or tone from the voice. It was a clever move, and one Nadia logged away as something she could look into doing herself in the future. This would be a great way to establish communication risk free the way that Joker did. If the Platinum playhouse could manage something like that, it would greatly increase their ability for garnering influence.

The next thing that Joker said took her a little by surprise. He had thought she meant the Playhouse when she asked him about his affiliation, but it had confirmed a few things for her. The most important of which was that he didn't know that she was already a member of the playhouse. Which made sense. If all he had to go on was the video feed from the Inn, and information he'd looked up on her after that fact, he couldn't possibly know of her involvement with the playhouse. It wasn't as though she ever sent text messages or anything media-wise that could be traced in relation to the group. This person's influence must be based somewhere in the media, then.

And he wanted her to be his Liaison. It was a carefully picked word, no doubt. It didn't immediately require direct affiliation with Joker himself, He didn't say he wanted her to work for him, and he didn't say he wanted her to spy. He'd used the word Liaison. this was important. Ofcourse, she imagined she didn't really have a choice. Or wasn't meant to have a choice. He had a video of Nadia using spells in public. It was powerful evidence, especially with her name on record as the other person in that room with the Police. She imagined that this evidence was something that would continue to be held over her head in the future.

But she had an ace in the hole. "Stay where you are, everyone." She cautioned through their link. "Joker doesn't know that I'm affiliated with the playhouse yet, and this can remain an advantage for us. He has asked me to become a liaison, which may or may not include a certain amount of clandestine maneuvering. What he doesn't know is that the group he's asking me to parlay with is one that I already belong to. If we play our hand correctly, we can control what he learns of us and how he learns it. I'm going to keep the conversation going, and find out as much about him as I can. But I fear that accepting his offer is the only way to resolve this peacefully and without growing complications. Veritas, you can see and hear as I can. Please, observe the conversation, and if you pick up on something I don't, I would love to hear your thoughts."

Nadia took a considering glance at Harlequin, and looked at the phone, gears in her mind clearly working. "I received an invitation from someone when I awakened to my power. I know that they were on the television, and that the one who made that broadcast is now in custody. That much was on the news. Beyond that, I haven't decided whether or not to seek them out. Getting involved in these things seems pretty dangerous, and I like to be careful when I pick my battles. It's just good business." Nadia said, which she realized clashed a little with how she had protected Yuri. It was best not to ignore that fact, however. "I'm curious. Why are you offering me this position? The one called Yuri, he was attacked by your men and nearly killed. I'm wondering, had you meant to offer this to him and he refused? Or is there some other reason you've chosen to ask this of me?" she asked, shifting her weight and resting one hand on her hip.

"You say you are one, and many. If you're not a part of the platinum playhouse, are you apart of that other group? The one that made the broadcast earlier? What was their name...Joke...Jest? I think that was it." She asked finally, questing for more information about her potential strange bedfellow. If all of this went sideways, at the very least the Playhouse might learn a bit more about their potential enemies.
Back to top Go down
Infinite Jest

Infinite Jest

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 4:04 pm

"An invitation? Yes, this may actually work. I would much like you to take the invitation to meet with them and have them communicate with us. I have something I would like to offer to them in return for their cooperation. In fact, I would like you to take Harlequin to the Playhouse." The voice on the phone buzzed on, but it did not bother to comment much about "being careful to pick battles". Though it did appear the irony of her statement wasn't lost on her. It paused for a moment, from buzzing. From the next, came another voice that sounded like a woman's from a text-to-speech device like the last. Without even skipping a beat, Joker answered her question. "Ivanov sought me out for my identity, even going so far to attempt to document it. In a city like this, I'd imagine you can understand how dire that is and why I don't even need to justify myself. But you? You are a convenience. As long as you take us up on the offer as our liaison, we won't send it to the Government."

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] 27xqt54

"The Infinite Jest, the one and only. We aim to push the false Queen off her throne and open the city's eyes to the Truth.
We've waited for very long to finally bare our fangs against this farce of a government.
Our interests align with the Playhouse. After all, don't we both hate tyranny?"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] EmptySun May 26, 2019 5:12 pm

Between Nightingale and Veritas feeding the info over, it wasn't hard to keep apprised. In the dark, in a place out of sight of the building and the world around where no eye of any kind saw - he'd made sure of that - he mused over the information.
Infinite Jest. A group that supposed to share their aims, and Joker was one of them.
Though if he had to guess, the goal was shared in the way that Skelter shared their goal - as a stepping stone to an end state they were not going to be happy with.
Even in the premise of self defence, there was the fate of the faceless men that were used to enact it, too. To say nothing of the fact that they didn't have to engage or provide anything useful in the first place if they wanted to avoid providing info. The display they put on only did more to say something strange about their nature than just misleading him altogether.

Their means, and their end goal. Those were things to be concerned about.
But if they just blew Joker off here, they'd learn nothing, and Nadia would be outed.
Neither of these were ideal.
Better the devil you know.

'I don't think this need be said...but we cannot take any of this in good faith. Where Joker is concerned, those he deals with are a means to an end - be that Nightingale, the Playhouse, or the faceless men that they use as disposable flunkies. This entire exchange has been based on using gathered leverage to force hands.'
'Saying no here means that one of us suffers exposure, and we gain nothing from this venture. Furthermore...they may find another to perform the same to, and in that case, we may not have the same fortune in being aware. But we cannot afford to concede anything sensitive, either.'

He pauses. He really, really hated this scenario, but he had to play it out carefully.

'If this Harlequin is taken to our base of operations, the location is exposed, and Joker also does not have a need to keep the secret of identity any more. And, as he has said himself...one's identity is a very important thing to defend. Cooperate for now, but decline to take the Harlequin, or otherwise divulge a location. You already have one, very valuable reason to be hesitant to do exactly as requested. And I'm certain you have more you can provide if necessary.'
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]   Hello Neighbor [Playhouse] Empty

Back to top Go down

Hello Neighbor [Playhouse]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next