Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Life of the Party EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Life of the Party EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Life of the Party EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Life of the Party EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Life of the Party EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Life of the Party EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Life of the Party EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Life of the Party EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Life of the Party EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Life of the Party

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 12:55 am

Cain let out a groan as his eyes scanned the nightclub. This place was the opposite of his usual hangouts. THere were a ton of things he could complain about, complaining was a talent that came naturally, but really the only problem was the people. The place was full of people. Groaning, dancing, flirting, shoulder checking, drink spilling, people. He could probably love this place if it were empty. Still, he was here and he apparently wouldn't be going for a while so he tried to find someplace relatively isolated to stay in. He was supposed to be 'having fun' with a few cousins he'd just met earlier today. They'd ditched him first chance they got. Cain didn't exactly blame them, if they wanted a nice out on the club, dragging him around wasn't the way to go.

The young man in his usual hoodie eventually spied a small table and pulled a small box from a messenger bag he was carrying. Cain wouldn't want to read in this light so he had a back up activity. A puzzle, a three-dimensional too. When assembled it would look like a small pyramid, though a transparent golden pyramid. Sure this wasn't an ideal location but it was fun and he figured it was the type of hobby that wouldn't get too many people to approach him.

"Well, at least the music is good. Wish they weren't trying to blow my ears out with it, but still." Cain muttered to himself as he sat down and started in on his hobby. He hardly had to notice the DJ that nigh before attempting to block everything out and just focus on his less than half made pyramid.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 12:37 am

The last song of the night would bring a disappointing feel to her. Yeah, she had only played a few that night, but the last was always the best and the worst. Usually the best song, but that means she could not play. Lorielle Rutherford had recently just picked up performing dance music and DJ-ing after a run-in with an event this club seemed to have. She actually put time aside to talk to the owner, and actually got a gig doing some shows here and there at this club. It was small, but it was something she was quickly growing to love. And hey, going here means she now has her own source of money and free soda, so she will not complain for a girl of almost seventeen.

The club was filled, though not packed, with people dancing to the beats she would throw out. She was practically giddy inside from her music being not so bad as her first night. Though, she would not question it, she would keep playing. Though, picking a final song would be killing for her. It was her first night at her "job" of sorts, and she had spent some time off on her own preparing these songs for the night, and she had two left, and only one slot. One of it was basically her sampling already done tunes, and the other her own little experimental track. Right as her previous song faded out, se would decide to take a shot in the dirt, and play her new song, bracing herself for the impact. 'Nothing ventured nothing gained right?'

She would tilt her head to the music, playing her electronic tunes, and a drum set she modified. It took far too long to learn how making music was, whether behind a monitor, or behind the instrument, but it was worth the finished product, as she herself was particularly proud of this one. She would continue to play it, the lights from gold to orange on the dance floor, fitting her acidic tune, as she would watch people dance to it, or not, however they felt aboutthe song. She would watch as she played, gauging the crowds opinion, until the end where the song would eventually fade, where she would smile and wink to the crowd as they clapped, apparently liking the song. Some even cheered. "Well, that's it for me. Enjoy your night!" she would shout, walking off the stage, remaining in the club, as was her intention for most of the night.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyTue Sep 03, 2013 10:57 pm

(Sorry for the delay. I've been a little out of sorts.)

Cain found his head bobbing to the rhythm almost of its own accord. Even if he wasn't the dancing sort of guy, he still appreciated good music. In fact it was one of the few subjects he had any actual interest in.  As he began sorting through the pieces of his puzzle attempting to sort out which mere most likely to form the base of the structure he decided to take a moment to look around. Just to notice who the DJ was. Not that he'd be approaching them, but it'd sate his curiosity.

He glanced and nearly dropped a corner of his pyramid when he saw who it turned out to be. So the girl from the library had a few hidden talents? Very interesting.  He debated with himself for a few seconds before deciding to take a risk. Silent as the grave he got up from his table and began to shift through the crowd. He'd give a quick congratulation and get back to his own business. He approached Lorielle  from behind, head down and spoke simply.

"Nice job with the music, Miss Demon Warrior. You certainly are full of surprises, Miss Rutherford." He waited for a moment to see if she'd turn, and if not he'd head back to his table.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 12:28 am

Lorielle would smile at the crowd, as she leaned back against the edge of the dance floor, on a railing that would surround the floor, as if protecting those who wanted to dance, from those who wanted a drink, or vice versa. She would give a shouting cheer to the song that played next, not remembering what it was, only that it sounded nice. Though, she would feel a presence behind him, as well as a voice, which was not particularly uncommon in a club, since the music was never too too loud, but this voice seemed to catch her, as it was a bit familiar. She would tilt her head back to see the upside down body of Cain standing there. In a club of all places! 'Didn't think he was into the scene...' she thought, honestly a bit surprised.

"Cain! Didn't expect to see you here! How's it going?" she said grinning widely. As to himself s he seemed, Lorielle had to give him credit for having the courage to jump into this atmosphere. She would lift her head and walk up the steps off the dance floor, and rest her upper body, and arms on the railing next to him, turning her attention from the contained chaos of the dancing, to the silent, quiet man. It suddenly came to her that she was probably playing with him in the room, which did make her a bit nervous, as the best part of her music was that she was not trying to impress anyone, just make good, fun music, but now she might have messed that one up for a person who may be a new friend. She grinned, her hair falling in front of one her eyes before promptly being moved behind her ear. "So, did you like what I played at all? Any ideas? I am still learning," she said laughing. She was getting used to the club scene, and the fun of it was making her happier than....well, a quiet boy at a library.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyWed Sep 04, 2013 8:11 am

Cain raised a brow when Loreilli bent backwards to glance at him. Honestly he wasn't surprised by the oddity of her action as one might expect, but the familiarity of the oddness. It was almost something that he might do on a whim. What was odd to him wasn't that he saw such an odd gesture, but that in this whole club, the place filled with 'normal' people doing 'normal' things, that this was the only thing he could find familiar.
As the girl approached him, Cain turned his back so he could lean it on the railing. He crossed his legs and flipped up his hood, listening to her speak before responding. He had no idea when he'd be leaving so he wasn't in a big hurry.  He gave a chuckle however at Lor mentioning his presence being unexpected.

"Yeah, I feel like a book worm pulled out of its pages and ending up at the end of a fishing line. I guess that must've been obvious though.  Clubs have a little too many "people" and a little too much "fun" for my tastes. Still, there's apparently a market for it." he joked dryly, with a slight roll of his eyes. "Turns out some people actually like interacting with each other, drinking, and dancing. It's an odd world." he said beore thinking for a bit. H wasn't exactly in his comfort zone offering a suggestion to her. After all she was the one actually making music people enjoyed, so what did he really have to offer? Still, she'd asked and nothing about tonight had been comfortable so far. Why not just roll with it for now?

"Well, you ever try doing something with a disco vibe? It's not like the genre is completely without merit, as some paint it.  Besides Clubs like piece with 'dancebility', and that was one of disco's strong points." he said in an oddly analytic manner. However, even if he seemed cold, having at least one familiar face there helped him relax a little.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 9:16 pm

Watching Cain lean on the rail of the club, he seemed relaxed, or as relaxed as he could be on a night like this. How one such as him could walk in, and be so passive is a marvel of its own. 'Maybe it was because he came alone....though, even he seems like he would be this way around people...' she thought to herself. She was in truth, rather happy to see him there, as he was a friend, and this was the first time one of her friends had come by, whether to listen to her music or not, he was here, and that was enough. She would giggle a bit at his comment. Maybe people like him just had a knack for comedy, or the cynical, exaggerated comedy was exactly what made her laugh.

"Ah, clubs are fun, if you bring the right people. And even if you don't, just go with the flow and dance on your own. If you stay quiet the whole night, no one will speak to you. Even if you shout they may not," she said smiling. She pointed to the crowd still dancing to the new tunes. "They barely spoke to me when I got off the stage! Just a performer, and I prefer it that way," she said, lifting her arms up to stretch. She enjoyed company, and loved providing fun and entertainment, but she did understand at points why people like Cain feel this way. She would turn leaning against the railing when he mentioned trying something "disco-esque". 'Not a bad way to continue music. Very old, retro...' her mind wandered, the gears of her brain moving the best they could. "Never tried that. Now I have to. Disco is certainly where dance basically started. I promise to have some ready for you the next time you show up!" she said grinning. She would have to plan music the next time. Music that would make the lights gleam silver and white, and the floor move under the feet of the dancers. She would bend backwards, under she felt a crack, then immediately stand upright once more. "So Cain, any plans tonight?" she asked.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 11:18 pm

Normally Cain could control himself but when Lorielle mentioned dancing he had to let out a laugh. It was a bit higher than one might expect from him, someplace between a snicker and a giggle.  He lowered his head and shut hi eyes as he did so, a wide smile crossing his face. While the boy smirked often, a true smile was rare from him.
"Trust me, Lorielle one thing you never want to see, is me dancing. I'm pretty sure it's been declared a method of torture. It'd probably blind you even faster than staring into one of the strobe lights." He said before straightening up. It seemed as if he was letting loose, if only a little. However the moment Cain seemed to realize he was smiling, the expression vanished and his face was neutral once more. He waited and listened as she cracked her back and voiced her opinions. Part of him understood where she was coming from, or at least believed he did. When it came down to it, for most people you weren't a living thing, not really. You were a face that carried a service. An automaton that's only value lied it what could be extracted from it, and nothing more. Whether that was right or wrong, he couldn't say. It was simply how he believed the world worked.

"We're all just performers in the end." Cain said to himself quietly. He seemed to have spaced out a little and had to blink a few times to get back into things. After all, he didn't want to give Lorielle the impression he was blowing her off.
"Well, even if you were 'just a performer' you put on an amazing show. Trust me, hearing you was one of the few moments of this night I enjoyed. And you've met me! I'm a giant grump, making me enjoy anything is a miracle. I mean, I was just planning on doing a puzzle while I was here. I'm not exactly the guy who comes over to congratulate the DJ." he said, seeming calm once more. The young man flipped up his hood and laced his fingers, before cracking his neck.
"I guess I ought to get out of your hair and get back to it. You've got fans to dance with, right? Better not keep them waiting." he said before slowly pushing himself off the railing. He tipped forward in a slightly odd manner, a bit too stiff to seem natural, and more like a doll. Moving at almost a joint at a time, with the rest of the body seeming rigid and stiff.
"Oh, before I go do they have any place to eat here? I'm... not exactly a club guy, like you noticed, but I was wondering about that. Guess I'm just too lazy too ask around." He said rubbing the back of his head.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:34 pm

Lori snickered at his joke. Not as funny as before, but she could tell he was calming down. "I am not a great dancer either. Why do you think I hide behind a monitor when I perform?" she said, smirking along with him. She cannot recall a notable time in her life where she did dance, apart from a night recently where she was kicked in the chest when she fell over. But that was another embarrassing story that she'd rather not remember. She would look for a chance to change the subject, when Cain made a sort of, truthful statement, albeit saddening, but true. Performers are performers and nothing else. Kind of reminded her of Katsu, and wondered how he acted outside of his own ego.

"Well, I suppose. But there are certainly those people who want to know the performers personally. Me, I like that kind of anonymity. Where even if you want to know, you can't. To the point where your entire image is based off of what you do, not who you are. For me, I want it to be music naturally,"
she said. It seemed as though she had a goal for once. She actually had something she wanted to do, apart from trivial things. Cain would not notice it, but a light shade of color would hit her face. No one would be able to see it; in fact, the only reason she knew she did, was because she felt the slightest adjustment of heat in her face. She knew when she changed color, as she has had to try to attempt it at some points, as well as being very sensitive a while back, and easily subjected to it. Though, even then, it was most likely that it was an actual friend complimenting her, and not a stranger, that made her change color.

Her color would quickly fade, still showing the fun grin she kept. How could she lose it in a fun environment such as this? "Oooh you aren't so bad. If anything, I find you funny," she said. She laid it on the table, seeing how he would think. It was no lie, it was probably the major reason she liked the guy. Though, her curiosity was raised when he made a move from the railing. It looked so mechanical from her perspective. 'Is he nervous at all?' she thought. She had a thought to ease him up. She waved in her direction, and made a point to the stairs in a corner that led up to the bar and restaurant. "There is a place upstairs. Blocks out the majority of music, and it has decent food. Wanna head there?" she would ask. Without really waiting for an answer, she would try to grab his hand, and lead him upstairs. If he let her, he would find himself with her at the entrance of actually, a very tame-looking bar, around it being several tables, with free-seating. All that would be needed of them were to have their orders taken once they sat. She would look at Chronos if he joined him and smile softly, an actual contrast to her fun grin in the club. Her personality had many inverses that way. "Very nice huh?" she would ask.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 11:20 pm

Cain as a little glad to see Lori smile. Sometimes the things he said would discourage other people. While, at times, he liked prodding at people a bit, he didn't usually enjoy seeing them actually be torn down by what he said. Considering how few friends he had though, seeing anyone actually seem enjoy being around him made him feel rather happy. When he heard her say that he was actually funny he shuffled, seeming a bit nervous and vulnerable.

"Really? I'm funny?" He asked a bit incredulously. He quickly gave a wide grin and laughed, hoping to cover up the small sign of vulnerability. "Well far be it from me to argue with your tastes! If you think I'm funny I'll just have to assume it's true, eh?" He was still a bit off guard from her compliment; receiving praise wasn't exactly a skill of his. While he was still trying to get back into sorts, he felt Lorielle take his hand and lead him upstairs. He didn't put up a fight and just decided to follow along. After all, he doubted she was leading him to someplace dangerous or anything. Besides, he was actually enjoying their time together a little, so if she knew someplace nice to go, he'd play along.
"Well, I guess it pays to hang out with the VIP's." Cain said in an appreciative tone, as they entered the decidedly less hectic environment. He dropped his shoulders and looked around; glad his faith had been rewarded.
"Yeah, it's pretty nice up here. Thanks for showing me, it's not like you had to spend your time doing this, so I appreciate it." He said with a nod. Lori seemed different to him. He wasn't sure exactly how, but she seemed a little calmer here. Maybe he was just projecting his own mood though? Either way, he was over thinking things again. He made a gesture at one of the free tables but stood where he was.

"That table should work, I think. You probably know this place better than I do. Feel free to pick the seats." he said putting his hands into his pockets. If she led them to anyplace he'd follow along. This was her show, as far as he was concerned.

"So, Miss Rutherford, is music the only hobby you have? Honestly, I think there's probably more to you than I realize. Care to fill me in?" he said trying to stir up conversation.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 1:01 am

"Good! Then we are all in agreement!" she would say, before leading him to the restaurant upstairs. She would look at Cain dropping her smile for a face of confusion. "Well, it isn't like my entire evening was going to be taken up by performing. If they like me enough, I will in the future. Actually, even when I do, I will still have free time. So don't feel so imposing," she said leading him to a small booth. She did sense part of her "doormat" side taint the words she said to Cain. But at the same time, she knew she was being sincere. She did not want him to worry, but she wanted him to know because of him, not her own foolish behaviors.

When they sat, the conversation would be started by Cain, asking for any other hobbies she may have. "Apart from music I just recently began going back to kendo practice at school. Surprisingly rewarding to get some practice in. And it takes up the time I spend on nothing," she said, laughing slightly at the state of her schedule. Taking many strenuous changes was out of the question in her mind, but Kendo did not offer risk, and music was there to let out her fun side. The contrast of fun and serenity without risk really seemed to give a moderate shine on how she felt she was. But the subject should probably be changed. "But enough of me. Tell me what you like. I am not gonna let you default on books like last time when we met," she said, giving a smirk. She would await his response with open ears.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 4:00 pm

"Sorry, Lorielle 'Imposing' is my natural state of being. It's actually my middle name. Cain 'Imposing' Owlglass, my parents were odd that way." Cain said as he sat down. He wasn't sure why Lori had a reason to be nervous, but he didn't exactly take her for the submissive type. Then again, he didn't exactly know her that well, so he could be wrong.

"Kendo? I hear that's a pretty popular club. Book club isn't nearly so romantic. Maybe I should actually check out a meet or two. It'd get me a few 'school spirit' points, right?" he said, before resting his head on his hand. Cain didn't really go to many school events, even if it was out of the norm. He was a rather insular sort of person, so even though he found kendo interesting the thought of going to a match or joining a team was out of the question for him.

"My likes? Well, boring things, I suppose. Since reading is off the table. I guess there's not much to talk about since reading is off the table. I mean, watching a few shows, surfing the web, playing keyboard, a little drawing, nothing really spectacular to speak of. Maybe my middle name should have been 'Mundanity' instead. Oh well, not everyone can be a superstar, eh?" He said with a small chuckle.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyTue Sep 10, 2013 12:10 am

She would smirk at his joke, not laughing as much has before, but he was trying his hardest, and she could appreciate the humor. She would listen to him when a waiter dressed in formal attire came to the table. "Good evening sir and ma'am, anything you would like to order to drink or eat, or shall I come back in a few minutes?" he asked. Lorielle was already on the ball. She did not need the menu to know what this place had. "Shirley Temple, non-alcoholic of course," she said. 'Wait....are they even alcoholic in the first place? Did I seriously just say that...?' she thought, still holding her content face. Ginger-ale and cherry syrup. But she was so sure they can be alcoholic....she will never look it up when she got home, so she won't be a fool in her head, though she may be already. The waiter gave a slight smile and wrote her order down. He would look at Cain and say the same, taking whatever order he had, or not, before leaving.

She would turn to her frown, and let out a sigh. "Shirley Temples ARE non-alcoholic to begin with aren't they? I think this environment is still new to me in more ways than I thought..." she said giving a smile, and giggling. Despite her silly moment, she was enjoying her time. Anything to not go home. And Cain was proving to have his own sense of fun that Lorielle could get behind.

The waiter in a bit would return with whatever Cain ordered, as well as her drink, a sweet pink-colored drink garnished with ice and a cherry floating at the top. She would immediately take it with no straw, and take a hearty gulp of it, setting it gently on the table and smile. "Love that drink," she would say grinning.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptyThu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 am

Cain wasn't quite sure what to order when the waiter arrived. He didn't know what they served there and he didn't care to look foolish. Still there were usually pretty safe bets in this case so he attempted to seem confident.
"I'll just take a Cola, thank you. If you have french fries here that would be appreciated as well. If not then just bring me whatever's good." He said to their server with a small nod. On one hand this seemed like a nice place, but on the other it was still a lounge in a club so he figured they might have some salty junk food. He thought it just polite to order something that he could share as well, just in case Lori was hungry as well.
"Were you aware Shirley Temple served as the U.S. Ambassador to Ghana and to Czechoslovakia? Hmpf, who says that child stars have to always go insane?" Cain said as they got their drinks. He near instantly regretted it, of course. After all 'fun facts' tended to be anything but for most people. Still, it was the best attempt at making conversation.

"Well, I've never had that drink personally but it seems like you enjoy it well enough. Maybe I ought to give it a shot some time? After all I could stand to broaden my horizons. Oh, and don't dare use those words against me later, got it? I don't want you telling me to do something insane and say it'll 'broaden my horizons', alright?" He said before taking a sip of his drink. He had been talking quite a lot, it seemed. He wasn't used to this sort of thing, but at least it still seemed sort of fun
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 1:02 am

She would smile, taking another sip when Cain's food would return on his table, the cola and fries he had ordered, before the waiter looked at the both of them. "Anything else?" he would ask. Lorielle would look at him and shake her head. "No thank you. Just one check for the food he ordered please," she said. The waiter would nod and leave and soon return with the check about to hand it to Cain, before she waved it to her. "I got it," she said. The waiter nodded, giving her the check, which did not really amount to that much anyway, so paying for him would be no trouble. "And don't say no, I am fine," she said smiling at Cain.

She would soon take one sip, and then slide the glass to him, nodding. "Give it a shot. Quite sweet for a soda, you can even have the cherry," she said gesturing to the floating cherry at the top of the drink,floating on the ice. She would wait for his reaction, agreeing with him if he turned out to like it. She would quickly take a fry from the basket which had plenty for the both to share. "You're only payment is sharing one fry with me," she said smirking before eating it, enjoying the salty goodness of cheap junk food. The best kind of food.
Back to top Go down
Chronos

Chronos

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party EmptySun Sep 15, 2013 11:25 pm

Cain had never liked getting gifts. Well he liked receiving things, obviously, but not what came with it. There was no such thing as a free meal, right? When people treated him to something he couldn't help but feel indebted. He owed the other party, and neither of them would forget it. Feeling like he owed someone, like he was just their burden or their hanger-on, was one of the things he detested most. Honestly, it almost made him feel ashamed. However there was no way he could say that, even if he were comfortable speaking about how he felt. It would just offend the other party and make him look like an ingrate, or prompt a lecture about why he should be okay with it, or how he should be more open or something. So instead of letting his unease show he gave a smile and placed his hand n his chest with a flourish.

"I wouldn't dream of protesting, Loreilli. If beautiful women want to buy me food and drink, well I suppose I can just suck it up and take it on the chin."
He said as if this was just more amusement to him. Normally he'd be far too nervous to address any girl as beautiful, especially to their face, but if it seemed like a joke it was another matter. He could pretty much speak however he wished, and as long as it was snark or humor it wouldn't be taken seriously, so he didn't have to worry about it,
Cain reached over and took a small sip of her drink. Another action he was uncomfortable with, but he couldn't really say no. After all if he didn't drink he'd have to say why, and that was something he desperately wanted to avoid. So he drank as little as he could get away with without seeming skittish and returned the glass, leaving her cherry as it was.

"It's actually pretty good! I guess that shouldn't be a surprise, but I'm glad I tried it. I'll leave the cherry though. After all, I already let you pay. If I took any more I'd look like a total jerk, eh? Is that why you invited me up here? Just to make me look bad?" He said with his usual smirk.
"You have to eat more than one fry, just to even it out a little. You know, to save my male pride an all that." he said grabbing a few fries himself. They were crispy, salty, and golden brown; just as he liked them. Even if the taste was simple that didn't make it any less enjoyable to him. He flicked one of the fries into the air and caught it in his mouth. It wasn't exactly a difficult or impressive feat, but it still amused him a little.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Life of the Party Empty
PostSubject: Re: Life of the Party   Life of the Party Empty

Back to top Go down

Life of the Party
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next