Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 10:22 pm

No, I was born inside of the pet store. Nothing really happened there.The owl would simply flap her wings in response. Your really making this difficult. Us animals dont even talk to each other you know. Bernard would then flap her wings once again, Gabe seemed rather preoccupied with attempting to forge some kind of story about Bernard or something that remotley had to do with her, while the owl remained rather aloof and literal about it.

No, I heard that weird soda thingy burns you LITERALLY. I heard it can burn alot of things, I saw this video where it burned a coin into pieces!
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptySun Nov 27, 2016 11:13 pm

Hmm.....  but i already got started on drawing you for my manga. " Gabe would say with a small smile as he reached over to a shelf and pulled out a red scrap book. After he  pulled it out, Gabe flipped through a few pages and swung the book around.  "See?"

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 Zephyrmon_ink_by_boramon17-d2zgzl8

Maybe I should have asked, but she definitely has your attitude. Just trying to pluck your brain for more ideas of solidifying the story you know?" This was supposed to be bernard but in a much more human form. "Soda can do that? Hmm, makes for a good bad guy dont you think? Instead of water, he could be called frizzy pop, and beat people to death with soda bottles. Also, he should be able to  control soda from the cannon like bottles on his back, and they do the things you just said. Hmm..i should write this d-" 

The small interruption was Gabe assistant  waving at him and passing him the bag. "Ahh the food is here. Thank you. " Gabe then reached into the wallet and handed her a bill before she closed the door. "Oh and after you tip him,  keep the rest for yourself and go on lunch. Great work!!"

Gabe then looked to bernard. "Ready to eat?"
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyMon Dec 19, 2016 8:00 pm

You started drawing me for your mango? Let me see.The young owl would flap her wings as she looked over rather curiously at what Gabriel had drawn. Upon seeing the strange bird like humanoid figure however, Bernard would stare at Gabriel in a rather confused manner, almost as if she could not comprehend what was in front of her.So...You drew me as a human? This is weird, why does she have four wings?Such designs were beyond the young birds comprehension, is this what was appealing to human society?

You didn't know that soda stuff you humans drink is actually really bad? It burns things from what I have seen, why would a guy hit people with soda bottles? A human threw one at me before and I pecked his eyes out for doing that. She simply mused at how she had pecked the actual head nearly off a human who was being retarded towards] her. What if he gained one of those weird powers you humans call it. A "Superpower" that lets him manipulate your shitty drinks and kill people with it?Well that certainly was a good idea to the bird, however as the assistant came in and dropped off the food, bernard would barely notice before turning back to the food before them.

After gabriel had asked if she was ready to eat, the owl simply nodded as she would begin to peck at and tear apart with her hoo claws the food that was before her in order to eat it.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 10:57 am

Well, feel that it would connect alot more with my readers if I drew you in that way. As to why you have four wings? I don't know, I thought it would look cool. Put it this way, if you lost your wings for some reason, wouldn't you have liked to have another pair of wings? " It as hard to take in Gabe's creative mindset, but he had his reasons for the designs.

"A human attacked you with a  soda bottle and you pecked out his eyes? Ouch, that must of hurt, for both of you. But don't you think you could of been just a little but more merciful bernard? It wasn't nice, you could have got hurt, but seeing in darkness for the rest of your life..is a bit much. "Well, he had a difference in opinions. 

Taking the first bite of his burger lightened his mood though. "mmmmm...pretty good! Hows yours?
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:40 am

You humans have alot of strange and unusual design choices, but if this is what the readers really like then ok then. I heard alot of times that the humans seem to advocate for this "women can do anything" thing, why do they care so much about your gender. In Hoo society we don't give a fuck about that. The owl would simply flap her wings nonchalantly as she said this, truthfully animals did not care so much about gender. However men simply competed for the women amongst most species, but truth be told either gender of a deadly predator was still regardless a deadly predator.Well if I lost my wings, flapping by my head would feel really weird to be honest. My wings are literally my arms.

The young hoo would continue to tear apart and peck at her meal, however when Gabriel mentioned something about being merciful. A dramatic kanji would seem to appear near Bernard as the camera conveniently zoomed in on her eyes specifically.

Insert dramatic eye pic.jpg

Mercy, humans always talk frequently about the concept of mercy. Everywhere I see, the bad guys always get spared. Everyone's always allowed to live or be given a second change no matter what they did or who they are. Everyone always argues that no matter how bad you were, you deserve a "second chance".The owl would noticeably squint as she said this.

For animals, we don't take the time to wonder "if someone's really bad". When people are bad, we deal with it. If another owl was harassing me I wouldn't hesitate to harm them back. Let alone nearly kill them, you see that's what separates us from your species Gabe.The owl simply flapped her wings once more as she said this.

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 510716-BS1

We Don't Hold Back.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 11:54 am

Gabe honestly had to think about it, or tried to think about it from Bernard’s perspective. It’s an animal that probably always held some form of intelligence, that only recently gained a way to summon a persona and communicate with other human beings. There was a chance that this bird didn’t see eye to eye with the same human concepts that people hold in society. He did listen offering her a chance to explain her case which did have some points to them.

“I just feel as if having contingency plans of dealing with situations is a lot better than the cookie cutter response of a wasted life. Everyone responds to some sort of justice or karma, one way or another. It rears its ugly head, in one way or another, and somehow you become responsible for all that you done. I mean, I get it. I don’t think that my parents are alive, and regardless if they are or not, the demon responsible will receive no mercy for me.

“Gabe then turned to look at Bernard after putting his burger down for a second. “However, how long can we live this way? If let myself be swallowed by revenge, I wouldn’t have use for anything else, like sitting here and enjoying a meal with a friend. You’re more among us than ever before, I was just hoping that a new philosophy could be gained from it. “

Gabe couldn’t afford to think like that, it was hard to come back from. He had to keep telling himself that there was another way to solve a problem, because solving a problem in that way was could scarily be a lot easier for Gabe than he made it out to be.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 12:08 pm

Well. Your always responsible for what you did.The bernard owl would rear her head in for a second, no matter who you were or what you did. YOu had to own up to your actions, otherwise you were a coward to yourself.I can see why you would want to have different ideas to different situations. You can't always just do the same thing for every situation you run into.That was true as well the owl had to admit, albeit she was a very revenge driven owl in the first place. The HUMANS had ruined her life for everything they had done, albeit some humans did not piss her off so much.

However here gabriel was, trying to offer an alternate perspective, a new way of thinking and life to the young hoo. To possibly not sit around and contemplate killing and revenge. This concept of friends.... Bernard would simply flap her wings for a minute and think. She had a incredibly strong hatred and contempt for humanity sure, however the owl found this new idea interesting. To have this thing called....A friend amongst humans. Hm Hm! You humans have a point, I guess because I can experience what other birds don't. It means I should be open to new things. Being amongst humans does not mean I will become a human however. The only thing I really have known in my entire life is hatred and contempt. How do you change away from something like that?Truly, Bernard did not get how "change" worked, nor the idea of "changing" how she really felt.
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 12:30 pm

That's true... you can't always do the same thing for the same kind of people. Some other individuals respond to other things.  I'll keep it in mind, as long as you can maintain an open mind as well. " Th concept of friendship, surely it would reach Bernie and calm her when it comes to her vengeful animalistic reactions. Though, when it was something she experienced her entire life, how do you fix that?" Hmm..." Gabe didn't have the answer. "Well, i used to date this beautiful woman a log time ago, she left me for some man. I ended up harboring alot of hate for her breaking my heart, as well as to that man, if i would.... use that as an example, one day it just stopped. I wasn't angry anymore.. you replace it with something else or you forget about it completely like it never happened. But you can't do the latter, so replace the hate?

Gabe the pointed at the tv. "I'm sure there are some shows that you like to watch on the television, there must be something about humans that you admire so much that could be worth their existence, worth their lives. Right? Maybe some kind of action, comedy? Some sort of superb acting skill you like? Or animation? I'm sure there's something on tv. Gabe turned on the tv in his office, and it showed the news involving an ongoing scenario involving a rare gorilla.

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 Gorilla-shot-harambe

Gabe turned it off after a minute or so. "Ok...maybe that shouldn't be used to prove my point." Wow, what bad timing.
Back to top Go down
BernAHoo

BernAHoo

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 12:36 pm

Date a woman? Well, us hoos do that differently but ok. I guess you got tired of it eventually then, since it was temporary. Your feeeeelings were temporary too. To be honest, that was rather true with how temporary the event gabriel had just described was. This on the other hands was something much more permanent.Well. You humans have this very interesting thing called massive multiplayer online role playing games or whatever it is that you call it. I somehow managed to play those using my owners credit card.The fact that a fucking owl was capable of this was truly a extraordinary feat.

However when Gabriel turned on the TV. Bernard would get really confused as hell upon seeing the screen. You humans sure have a weird way of describing the news.The owl would simply say as she went back to eating her burger, now sort of "calmer" than before.

[EXIT I guess]
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 EmptyTue Dec 20, 2016 1:31 pm

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 CydOZu6

Bernard of the Devil and Gabe Gatsby of the Magician have ranked up their Social Link to Rank 5...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]   A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A day of work, if nothing else [Bernard]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2