Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) Empty
PostSubject: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyFri May 20, 2016 11:35 pm

Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) Sfhxra

The early morning hours would be slow, the customers coming in few and far between; however, as the day ticked on the volume of customers would begin to increase causing the young woman at the front desk to remain busy until lunch time. Once lunch had rolled around, she was able to escape to the break room to eat and read a bit of the light novel she had brought with her. It was a bit strange to see someone like her toting around a book like it was a life line, but unlike your average Joe this particular woman enjoyed a good read and in turn loved devouring large and small novels alike. It was true she was often tempted to bring one of her larger books with her, but when she thought on how awkward it would be to carry such books, let alone the odd lucks she would be given, the girl always opted for her smaller ones instead.

In any case, she would continue to read until it was time for her to return to the desk once more. With a light sigh, she would cleaned up her spot before moving out the break room with the book in hand. Once back at the desk, she would hide the book under it as she took in another wave of guest. When things finally calmed down, the girl would sit down on her stool and pull out her book like it was a treasure gem. With no one bothering her for the moment, she would dive back into the Vampire Hunter D novel picking up right before the battle with the giant. Within a few seconds, she was pulled back into the world of the novel ignoring the real world for a moment as she got lost in the action of the story…
Back to top Go down
The author of this message was banned from the forum - See the message
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptySat May 21, 2016 10:52 pm

The young lady at the desk was getting so sucked into her novel that she had unconsciously picked it and had brought it closer to her face as she flipped to the next page. Oh man this was getting so good and then --

"Hallo! Are you a model for this place? You really look like you fit in here."

Eh?!

The young lady would let her book drop to the counter as she was startled out of her “movie” by the sound of a voice. A bit fluster she tried to hide the book.

“O-Oh. Sorry, sorry,” she would say hastly as she quickly swept the book under the counter. Man this was not a good spot to be put in. To be caught with her nose in a book when a customer was right there. How embarrassing! The young woman’s cheek would flush with a light hint of pink as she looked over at the other and then hearing the words said that hue would deepen as she looked down a bit.

“M-model? I wouldn’t say that I am a model, but thank you for the compliment. Um… How may help you today, sir?” she would ask doing her best to calm down a bit.

First the startle and now odd compliments. Oh dear. Maybe if she had been more focused on the world around her rather than her book, then perhaps she would have been more prepared to handle this situation. The things that happen when you lose focus for just a second.

Nervously, she would tuck a stray hair behind her ear as she looked back up at the other shyly and waited for an answer. Just breathe, Rika. Breathe.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyWed May 25, 2016 1:14 am

Rika would try to remain as professional as she could under the pressure of being caught by a customer reading. While she was trying to compose herself, she took note of the little things the other did such as the tilting of his head done to get a look of the book she had been reading. She wasn't sure if he had caught the title or not before she swept it away, but at the same time she wasn't worried about that as she did her best to focus on the job...and breathing.

She would calm herself a bit as she fell back into her professional air for a bit as he mentioned his co-workers and registering for the springs.

“Oh okay. I’d be happy to go ahead and start that process for you all since you are here if you like,” she said as she moved to get the correct book for the process; however, as she pulled the red book over to her and opened it up to the next page to see if there was a wait, she would hear the other part of the other’s question and look over at him before shyly lowering her eyes to schedule book again.

“Uh…I am currently working through a series called Vampire Hunter D. It is quite a good read if like quick and entertaining reads,” she would say with a small nod before falling quiet again. She tried to focus back on the schedule, but she just couldn’t. She couldn’t say why, but between the other’s behavior and the fact he seemed so enthusiastic about books, she had to admit she was a bit curious about the other.

“So…you like to read?” she would begin in a soft and hesitant voice as she looked up at him shyly again. “What sort of books do you like?” she would ask her speech pattern a bit nervous, but interested nonetheless. She was calm for a few seconds before the issue of names came up and the other was scanning her body…

“...” she would be quiet for a moment as she shifted slightly to the side a bit uncomfortable about the whole scan. Just what was he looking at anyway? Did she want to know? Maybe it was best not to ask and keep this professional. Who knew where such conversations could go if handle poorly.

“My name is Rika. It’s nice to meet you, Mr. Jack,” she would say deciding to give her name despite her discomfort at the moment. This guy…he was most certainly a curious one.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyFri May 27, 2016 11:56 pm

Right. At the enthusiastic response from the other, Rika would nod as she looked back at the book she had grabbed earlier as a small smile came to her lips. While she was still unsure of what to think of this one, at least he seemed pleasant enough. So that meant having him around wasn't a bad thing right? Besides, his enthusiasm was kind of cute…though she would not mention that out loud. No! No!

O-Oh my. We are getting off track here. This was not part of her job at all! Now where was she? Oh yes. Moving on to that reservation. Yes. Right. Focus! Despite the thoughts or the small shade of pink that came across her face because of said thoughts, Rika managed to keep it together as she focused on her job.

The pause between them would only last a few second as she got the pen from between the pages and moved write down the information.

“I’d be happy to take care of the reservation for you then, Mr. Jack. How many of more will be joining you?” she would ask and then pause to listen should he answer. Whatever came of that was yet to be seen; however, she would pause in her work as the other seemed to take interest in the book she had mentioned. Hm? She wanted to know about the main character?

She would look upward as she folded her arms and thought.

“Mmm. Well, you are right. The story is about a vampire hunter, but he is not like Van Helsing,” she would begin as she tapped the end of the pen against her lips a bit as she thought some more and then looking over at the other she would let her arms drop again as she rested her hands on the counter gently. “The main character is named D. He is a dhamphir that hunts vampires as his title suggests; however, the story is much more deeper than that. As you follow him on his journey, you get to see his struggles of being caught in between the two races he is made of. It is kind of sad at times, but he is a bit more believable than other heroes I read about,” she would pause and give the other a light smile. “It is a different sort of book, but I like it because of that.”

She would finish her explaination before tilting her head at the other. “You seem quite interested in vampires. Have you read many books about them?” she would ask a bit more relaxed and curious. It looked like the book talk was calming her down bit by bit. Even so she still remained professional about it all. As for his other statement….

“I see. Well, at least you are open to many options that way. Do you like everything you read? Has the readings taught you much about people?” she would ask and then hearing his last words she would raise a hand to cover her mouth as she let out a light giggle. [color=#cc99ff] “Okay Jack. You can just call me Rika without the Miss then.” He was an interesting fellow. Maybe if he kept this up something good would come along the way…or maybe trouble awaited him. Only time and Fate knew the true answer to the mystery. Regardless, he seemed to be on top of his game for the time being, so that was a plus.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyWed Jun 29, 2016 11:48 pm

A small hand would raise to her lips elegantly as a smile crossed her lips and she giggled lightly at the other’s actions. She knew it was rude to laugh at customers, but she couldn’t help it. His delivery was amusing. Regardless of this, she would eventually lower her hand as she picked up the pen and jotted down the number given.

“I think, I would choose a book over gossip and flashy shows myself,” she would say as she finished the reservations and put away the book. “As for chatting, you are welcome to do that as long as you like,” she would say offering him a soft smile that suggested that despite her earlier behavior, she might be warming up to him…or rather she had relaxed enough for the moment to entertain him a bit. Regardless of the slight change, she would tilt her head at the other’s question.

“It is a good read, but umm… I typically keep my collection back home; however, I think I can go fetch the first one during my next break if you want to try it,”she said as she looked up at the ceiling in thought, trying to time her route. Yeah, she could do that and be back with some time to spare. Besides, it wasn’t every day someone asked about what she read let alone took an interest in it once she told them about it, so she wouldn’t mind running the errand…if the other meant he would really read it. In any case, her violet eyes would turn back to the other as she rested her hands on the counter lightly.

“Mmm. Not a big social butterfly? Or do you just not want to socialize with them?” she would ask curious about why a guest would choose a book or chatting with her over company. She was sure she was not that entertaining and as for books she thought she was the only one with that sort of oddness around here.  As for his words about vampires though...

She would blink a bit as a mild look of surprise crossed her face.

“Your friend is a vampire?” she would say and then hearing the list of symptoms she would think a moment. “Mmm. Those seem to match, but I don’t think you can really tell unless she has a thing for blood. Along with some other traits that are missing here,” she would say seeming to either play along with the words given…or maybe she really believed in them. Who knew? What was known was that she was took an interest in the research for one reason or another, so for now the other had her attention.

“Well, I wish you luck with the investigation. I would be curious to hear what comes out of it,” she would say with a nod and a smile; however, she would become serious once more at the sound of the last words.

“That sounds like a hard life. Though I will admit the books are interesting doors. At least they let you soar to places you never could otherwise….” she would trail off at the end, seeming to think about something for a bit before shaking her head lightly and refocusing on the other. “So you get to travel now?” she would ask seeming to be curious once more about the other.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) EmptyTue Jul 05, 2016 9:29 am

Rika would give a light nod.

“Mmm. I can go get it for you,” she would say and then looking off to the side she would smile shyly. “You can say I just know the area well enough to find the quickest path from home to work.” Yeah. She learned short cuts pretty quickly. They were always useful in a bind or when she accidentally slept in on occasions, but that was a story for another time. In any case her shy behavior would only last for a second before she was tilting her head at the other. “Suzie Q, huh? I can’t say I ever actually been there. I wonder if it is as fun as the flyers and articles make it sound,” she would wonder as she tapped her lip with her index finger as her large eyes drifted up to the ceiling a bit thinking for a second and then refocusing on the other, she would nod. “Sure. I will definitely have it when you come to check out,” she would say with a smile and then falling silent she watched the other observe the area a bit.

While he studied his surroundings, she would take the time to organize some papers on the counter. After placing the papers in the proper spot, she would look back over at Jack as he spoke about being a social butterfly.To his words, she would blink a bit.

“Well. I guess that is a good thing. Though can’t say I am a big social butterfly myself,” she would say. Yeah. She preferred her books to the crowds...Even so she could deal with people on a business level, but a social level? This was the first time that had happened and one-on-one was always easier than a group, so maybe that is why it worked so well.

“Hm? Not allowed around crowds due to an odd talent?” she would ask and then hearing the last bit, she would think about that for a moment. “Well. I suppose if it is safe and won’t hurt others, then sure. I would love to see it,” she would say with a few nods. It certainly did sound exciting, but she wondered...if he wasn’t allowed near people due to the odd talent just how bad was it. Well bad or not she was still curious so didn’t take back her words. Besides, she kind of wanted to believe his smile was actually innocent and not hiding malicious intent.

To his words about his job and co-workers, she would smile a bit. “Oh? Well I am glad you can get along despite  the differences. By the way, what do you do?” she would pry a bit curious about his job. However, the curiosity would end as he spoke about her having folk she could socialize with. To this she would look away a bit as she pushed her index fingers together.

“I-I don’t know. I honestly don’t have that many people to hang with, so I can’t say if that is true or not,” she would admit before looking back at the other. She honestly didn’t hang with folk outside of work and as for her customers, well none had stayed around her long enough to form such connections. So….yeah. She wasn’t too sure if she had the sort of people that Jack spoke of. As for the other topic….

Violet eyes would go wide as she heard the words.

“She must be pretty powerful if she can walk in the sun,” she would say thinking to all the stories and data she had collected over the years about vampires. This friend of his sounded fascinating and the prospect of her being something more than human tickled her imagination and curiosity. It was for this reason she remained hooked and asked her next question. “Hey, would you mind coming back to tell me how that research goes?” she would ask as she leaned towards the other with a sparkle of excitement in her eyes. She truly wanted to know the end results, but would this one indulge her or come back to give her such information?

She didn’t know and it would seem all too soon this fascinating fellow was going to be taken away from her. Resisting the urge to pout as she saw the group coming over, she would nod at the other.

“Well the city is a start to perhaps something bigger for you,” she would say and  then closing her eyes she would continue. “It is unfortunate to have to part ways with you; however, I do hope we can meet again. I-I would like to continue where we left off,” she would say as she reopened her eyes as she looked down shyly. She wasn’t lying she honestly wanted to chat with this one again.

In any case, she would eventually calm again as she gave the other a light “of course” in regards to the book before bowing to the other. “I thank you for your kind words and hope you do come by again. Until then take care,” she would say before standing up straight and watching him go.

She wondered if he would keep his promise and come back for the book. Regardless, when she got her next break she would go to retrieve the item from home to have it on hand for if and when he came back for it. With the book ready to go if the other held up his words, Rika would go back to working for the rest of the afternoon.

~Thread Ended~

The inn worker has taken an interest in the odd man causing a bond between Jack and Rika to form.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)   Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie) Empty

Back to top Go down

Afternoon: The Receptionist of Dragon Maw (Xombie)
Page 1 of 1