Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A small favor (Sentinel)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Drea

Drea

A small favor (Sentinel) Empty
PostSubject: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyThu Jul 02, 2015 3:10 pm

Naomi looked up at the ceiling in her room with her phone in her hand. She could ask really easily. Just a few words. Still, asking over text seemed impersonal. But… she needed this, if it could be done. She sat up and began typing out a message to Sentinel: Umm… Sorry to bother you, but I want to ask a favor of you. If we could meet up in person somewhere to discuss it, that would be great. She sent that text to him. If he said he could meet, she would tell him to go to the restaurant they went to after the first fight. It was midday, meaning it would be slow, so there were not a lot of people to overhear them. She could ask Martha to let them have space too. She also figured Maria would be in school right about now, so he shouldn’t have to worry about getting someone to watch her. She would head out there immediately. It was perfect. If he couldn’t meet up, she figured texting would have to do.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 8:54 pm

The android blinked as he got a text from Naomi. The android shot a text back, "Yeah! It's fine, Maria is in school right now and I just finished up a project so I'm free for the rest of the day." He said getting up and heading over to the restaurant, where they all met after the first paranormal encounter. The android was a bit curious as to why Naomi wanted him to come right now, and what on earth her favor was. The android scratched his head, oh did she want tips in coding for her own business? Maybe that was it! Well, that was something he could most certainly be of assistance in!
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySat Jul 04, 2015 9:12 pm

Naomi waited at one of the tables Martha said would be private enough for a meeting. She had to endure some comments about the mystery man she was meeting with before convincing her it was just business. Martha was ruthless. That’s what she got for knowing her since she was born. She was basically a second mother. Still, she had the table now and was waiting. She could feel the blood rushing to her head from nerves. When Sentinel would finally walk in, she would wave to him, beckoning him over, “Hey.” She tried to relax. She would hand him a menu, “It’s on me today. I mean, if you want anything. Maybe you’ll just bring home something for Maria. I don’t know…” She trailed off in thought. She had to be bold and just ask. She couldn’t spend this time playing coy. Stupid nerves. She probably could not look any more awkward if she tried. She could see Maria from across the restaurant, wiggling her eyebrows. She buried her forehead into her palm at that. This was the worst place to do this.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 12:40 am

The android walked into the restaurant looking for Naomi, when he saw her, he waved to her and replied, "Greetings." he said taking a seat across from her. The android still had no idea what on earth was going to be asked of him, but he figured it would work out in the end. "I think I will get something small and then surprise Maria with something." the android said scanning the menu, while he waited for Naomi to tell him what she called him here for, but after a few moments he realized that she was awfully nervous about this. To this point he looked at her and offered her a smile.

"Naomi, you're awfully nervous for nothing. What is it that you called me here for, no need to be shy about it." The android said trying to help encourage her a little bit to go ahead and tell him more about the favor that she wanted him to perform. He was a bit curious now.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jul 05, 2015 2:20 am

She took a deep breath and released the air she was holding in, “You’re right. There’s nothing to be nervous about. It’s just a favor between friends.” Then why did this wrack her brain so much? This was not her strong suit, “I was just wondering- because I have a friend in out of the other worlds and she’s stuck in a computer- if you would show me or teach me, or even just give me basic instruction on how to make an android… like you…” She voice dropped at the end to the point that even she had a hard time hearing herself, “I’ve been thinking about it for a while now, and I think I finally decided it’s a good idea. She could get out and experience the things she wants to, and she would have a body and safe place ready in case something goes wrong in her world…” That hadn’t been her initial thought, but it was a good plan. She hoped. She would look at Sentinel, holding her breath again. She had sort of just rattled that all off at once. Brilliant her. So brilliant, “I’m sorry to ask on such short notice, but you’re the only person I know who would have any idea where to start, because, you know…” And cue the awkwardness.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 2:31 am

The android blinked, this was a rather unexpected and unplanned offer. Evidently, Naomi...wanted to get a friend out of a parallel world, and into a body much like his own. The android paused for several moments debating what was said, he was not sure he could do such a task. She just wanted to keep her friend safe, "I'd rather not have her world fall into such danger." The android said offering her a smile, he was sure that they could overcome the issues. The android seemed to ponder the thought for several moments, while it was true that he did have the blueprints and he could make an android...however...he had to make a few things clear with Naomi.

"Naomi, what you ask...isn't very easy for me. Namely, you are asking for me to construct another one of me, which is a difficult and time consuming task. Furthermore, how much do you trust this person? If you are going to put this person in a body like mine...you have to be sure she is trustworthy. Someone in my body can do a lot of harm, have no illusions that I am easy to take down." The android said, his tone very dark and clear. He wasn't trying to scare her, but he wanted her to know that what she was asking was potentially dangerous.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyMon Jul 06, 2015 6:34 am

She sighed deeply and looked at Alphonse over the rims of her eyes, “You sounded like a politician just now. I mean, yeah, I don’t want that either, but… The worlds are becoming corrupted. I’m just trying to plan. Plus, this way, she may be able to work with us. It’s her world and she want to protect it too. Okay, that is going to far, I know.” She looked off to the side, seeming a little sad, “We’re running out of time and I don’t know what to do. We can keep trying to fix the world’s once they’re corrupted, but that isn’t doing anything. I tried finding a way to stop the corruption. That didn’t do anything. Still looking, not getting anywhere. May have even screwed an entire world while I was at it.” She gave a sarcastic thumbs up and sighed again.

She held up her hand and shook her head, “Well, more like if you have a blueprint. I could work with that. I know how to follow instructions. If you don’t want to help, I understand. I can find some way to make it work. The internet and world-wide knowledge is amazing.” She laughed almost sadly, “I just came to you because I knew you’d have an idea how to get it done Because, well…” Not to state the obvious. Naomi would pause as one of the waiters came to their table. She placed an order and waited for Alphonse to do the same. She only continued once the worker left, “As for if I trust her…” She would lean back and look him dead in the eyes, “She could have turned me in and had me killed. It’s what she should have done. She’s probably risking her life keeping my secret. She takes that risk every time I visit her, but she’s always glad to see me.” She was shaking slightly. She was desperate and scared. She was a mess right now. A nervous wreck ready to fall apart at any moment. How had she let herself get his far?

She calmed herself before continuing, “I know you aren’t easy to take down. I wouldn’t trust you to fight with me if you were. No offense.” She meant that in the most loving way she could muster. Words still weren’t her strength, “There may be some things I’d have to leave out anyway. Then again, maybe not. The body would probably stay on this side, so the same rules wouldn’t apply. Who knows?” Her nerves hadn’t settled. She was just moving on so they couldn’t get the better of her. She looked at Alphonse, waiting for his response.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 10:35 pm

The android had to admit that she had a point, despite their efforts they were not making any progress. They were not saving or fixing the worlds, and they were not improving after defeating the corruption. The android had been debating how effective a direct approach would have been, bring all their guns against Thesis and her brother...it could have potential benefits if they were to do so. Perhaps it would all end if they were to do that....it might be worth a shot. However, he would need to take a bit of time to think about it. The android turned his attention toward what she was saying, evidently she knew he would likely have blueprints.

"I do indeed have blue prints, and I must doubt your ability to find details online, if my kind were a common sight...then I would not need to hide my identity, would I?" The android stated, he had a slight fear that if people knew...well he might get captured for further study. "What I have yet to hear...is how much you trust her." The android said, which Naomi addressed eagerly, evidently this person could have turned her in or done her in and should have done so...but she didn't. "Okay, so she is trustworthy that makes me a bit more comfortable. If you have that level of trust in her then I will be willing to help you."

At her comment about how tough he is to take down, he chuckles, "None taken, do not worry. Anyways, so we need a body...for this person. What is the person's name? I need to know a bit about this, before I start constructing a body. Have you ever asked this person what she would like to have in a body? We have some degree of freedom in the design, from what I've seen in my blue prints." Was it bad that he had a slight smile, like he was getting a bit excited to do this...perhaps, but he wanted to help a friend if he could! A friend of a friend even, and maybe they could learn a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyWed Jul 08, 2015 11:20 pm

She snapped her fingers in mock frustration, “You caught me. I can’t find stuff like that online. I’d have to hack into some pretty classified documents to even get close. And you know I’m trying to stay away from that lifestyle.” She wasn’t going to jeopardize her new start just yet. Maybe when she really needed to. Her eyes lit up when Sentinel said he’d be willing to help her, “Really?” She almost sounded like she didn’t believe it herself, “Yes, I trust her. I trust her so much. She’s good and she’s my friend. She was the first person I met in the other worlds. It’s funny when I think about it that way.” It really had been a long time.

She would tilt her head. Not because she was confused, but for a different reason, “I may have tried once, but she sort of had a little meltdown when I did because of a miscommunication in wording. I can tell you what she looks like at the moment when I see her on the screen. If that would help, I mean. In her world, she is called Beep 2.0. I usually drop the 2.0.” She would lean back, “She designed to change her personality based o who she is speaking too, but since I would probably only have access to the version of her I am most familiar with… She is bubbly and curious. She wants to help people. She’s also really cute.” That was a very broad overview of Beep, “Her avatar has blue hair and she has very expressive eyes.” She smiled at the thought. Would Beep like having a body? She hoped so, “I don’t know how tall she would want to be though. Hmm…” That was something she never got a scale of.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 1:32 am

The android nodded, he figured as much, though he smiled when Naomi said she was trying to keep away from that sort of life. That was very good to hear! When her eyes light up, his smiled widened and he nodded. "I'd be happy to help you two out, if you believe that she would not mind, and she is willing to undergo such a transformation. She might need to undergo some rehabilitation to get readjusted to our world...there will be a lot of culture shock." the android said, though that would be easy and minor to deal with.

However, evidently, this AI, had a change of behavior based on who she was around, and how it was called Beep 2.0. Interesting, so it knew that people developed preferences or preferred certain types of people. How interesting, evidently, the one that Naomi is most familiar with is bubbly and curious, with a desire to help people. "Interesting very interesting...so blue hair and expressive eyes. Okay...that is mostly programming and parts, but as for height. I'd say about an average height for a girl, your age, because with blue hair and expressive eyes...it will be difficult for her to blend in. At least that is my personal suggestion, we can chalk up the unique eyes and hair as contact lenses. No one seems to question me on it." The android said, "Average body type for a girl as well? ....actually do you have an image of her avatar? I imagine it would be better to try and match what she is comfortable with."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptySun Jul 12, 2015 5:35 am

She shrugged, “Culture shock is something we need to work on, but it should be manageable. She’s curious, so there may be a few questions. Still, I think it’ll be okay.” She was sure Beep could handle whatever happened, “Still, I don’t know if she would be here. It’s more like… a copy of her, I guess. She is like an app, I suppose. She has a main her, but the version I know is a different version of her. It’s complicated.” She didn’t know how to explain how Beep worked without a much longer explanation. She was used to it and had time to understand it. This was so limited a time frame, she didn’t think she could, “Sorry. It’s complicated.” She had that look on her face too. Then again, maybe Alphonse would understand it more than she expected. But, she was still bad at saying what she meant. That was her fault, not his.

She looked down at her lap, “Yeah, I suppose that is a bit strange to see. Still, I was thinking she could just say it was dyed. I guess she is just supposed to look really cool.” She figured that made sense. She shook her head, “Sorry. I don’t have a picture of her. Oh, wait.” She pulled out a pen and a slip of paper from her purse and began to draw. It was quick and crude, but it looked like a person. She draw arrows pointing to sections and naming the colors that made up those parts. She showed it to him, “This is her. Sorry. I would have a photo of her, but well, until recently I couldn’t. It’s hard to have a picture of someone when you can’t find it.” She only got the ability to cross space recently, “Does that help at all?” She hoped so.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 2:40 am

The android nodded his head, curiosity can be a boon at times, if it would make her transition easier then the android was all for it. "Well if you could ask her a few questions..then I would be more able to construct it to the proper parameters." the android explained, though when Naomi explained that there were versions of her, or like...a main version of her. "I think I understand what you are saying." the android said, it wasn't complicated to him considering how he was at the core very similar to Beep 2.0. Though if his friend did not want to explain then he would not force her to do so. The android watched her look down at her lap...was she feeling a bit shy?

The android was unsure, but he shrugged, "It's been my excuse, and it's worked well for me, so if she wants the design she has when she is with you then she'll just have to make the most of it." The android said, though he began to wonder how exactly he was supposed to construct a body of her without a reference...though soon Naomi began to draw on a piece of paper. When it was in his hands he looked over it his eyes scanning the details and the colors attached to it.

"Well this is a good start, a photo would help me a bit more, but I can work with this." The android said as his eyes drifted back to the paper, he saved the details in his core, before handing it back to Naomi, "She might want to have a few things different in mind, so double check with her and then send me an e-mail or text with changes...I'll make note of it as I work."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 4:57 pm

She nodded, “I will ask her as many as I can. I want her to be happy with herself, after all.” It would probably be Beep’s first time getting to be outside a computer of some kind. She wanted to make sure she could explore to her heart’s content and be happy with the body she had. She nodded again when Alphonse said that he understood, “Thank goodness. It’s just really complicated and I was afraid I would have to find fitting analogies. I’m already bad and speaking, but having to use poetic language would be even worse.” She rolled her eyes at herself, “Besides, I feel looks are going to be the least of her concerns. I think the culture shock is going to rattle her more. She’s from the other San Malarus, which is more advanced than it is here. Along with the sudden change in scenery, I think she’s going to get a small case of whiplash.” Small was an understatement.

She paused once more as the waiter came back over and placed down their orders. She only started again when the were gone, “I don’t really think her looks will bother her. She’ll be too busy exploring to care what color her hair is.” She could see that happening. She could also see Beep trying to help random people on the street, even though she wouldn’t know the world, “I will let you know exactly what she wants. I finally have the ability to access her from our world, so getting a photo of her and asking her what she wants should be easier.” Thank goodness she had been working on that power of hers. She could get used to it. Maybe it was even spoiling her a little.

She took a breath and looked at Alphonse, “What about you? What’s happening on your end?” She hadn’t spoken to him in a while. She had no idea what was going on with him, “Well, you and Maria, I mean.” It had been a while.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 9:39 pm

The android listened closely as Naomi said that looks would be the least of their worries and more of the culture shock and whiplash. "I could try to set up logs of our cultural norms for her to read and learn about before setting her up into the world." the android said, recalling that the internet was the best place for such people. "The issue is that she will have to adapt to a less technologically advanced society than what she is used to." The android explained, hoping that Beep would be able to adjust to the change technologically, social ideas could be worked on and improved...technology would be a bit more difficult.

"Alright that sounds good." The android blinked as..she changed the topic to what was going on with him...specifically him and Maria. The android frowned, "Well I told her...and she wasn't happy. We've slowly...talked it out bit by bit...she's willing progress forward and she is starting to smile again. So, I'm thinking she be bouncing back to her old self really soon! At least, after the rough patch...that is what I hope."
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) EmptyTue Jul 14, 2015 11:35 pm

She shook her head, “You’re doing so much already. I can teach her that much at least. Plus, then she could ask any questions she has directly.” She was excited to teach Beep about her home, “She at least recognized the technology on my tablet before, so she should be able to navigate. Plus, it’s a chance for her to get to know what living a different kind of life is like. It may be just what she needs. Maybe she could go out dancing. It seems like she wanted to, and you don’t need advanced technology for that.” She was hyping herself up with every passing moment.

She looked confused for a moment, before finally understanding what Alphonse meant, “Oh…” So, he finally told Maria about her father. That must have been hard on the poor girl. She was glad he could finally get it off his chest though, “She’s a strong kid. I’m sure it will take her a little while, but she’ll be smiling again in no time.” She had faith that Maria would make it through this. She loved Alphonse and that may falter, but it would never change, “How are you doing though?” He hadn’t mentioned how he was putting up with the new dynamic. Maria knowing had to do something to him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A small favor (Sentinel)   A small favor (Sentinel) Empty

Back to top Go down

A small favor (Sentinel)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next