Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Art New Decade [Shunny]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Taiki Hayama

Art New Decade [Shunny] Empty
PostSubject: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyTue Mar 10, 2015 9:52 pm

Club recruitment. To most people such words made a chill run down their spines, since it implied sitting behind a desk for hours on end and bothering people who couldn't care less about you or whatever club you wanted to get them into. Wether Drama club or a cult of cannibalistic demon worshipers, they wanted none of it.

But Taiki enjoyed it. Maybe the sitting in your ass part wasn't so fun, but he got to meet lasses, have fun sharing some fun memories here and there and chill out for a while... But above all, Taiki liked it because he was good at it. When he took care of it it was rare that he didn't manage to get at least three or five people to give the club a try, and although most didn't stay, from time to time someone sticked to it and the club grew. That alone was worth staying like this for the whole day.

Twirling one of his many locks between his fingers, he scanned through the hallway, searching for suitable candidates when, all of a sudden, he saw one perfect match.

Average height but a slender frame, long hair and soft, round features and so young and fresh, obviously a diva, the sort that got hooked to and never let go of that unique, inimitable rush you felt with applause. Best of all, it was a guy. There weren't too many guys in the Drama club, only him and two more, what made performing most plays quite inconvenient, not to mention the non-existent variety when it came to forming a cast. Plus, girls, their main target audience, were crazy for the pretty boy type.

Resting against the wall behind the club deskwith his arms crossed, he waited for him to pass by. There was no need to rush it, he was coming his way already anyways.

"Hey boy, ever pictured yourself standing on top of the scene, right underneath the spotlight?", he said with a conceited smirk as he passed by "Honestly, look at you", Taiki gazed at the laddie through a fictional rectangular frame made with his fingers, "I think you are quite the gem, a natural, some might say".
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 1:55 am

Once his classes were done, Shunnosuke would most likely head back home. Unlike many students who probably pursued to enrich their curriculum by joining clubs, he would busy himself with making company to his grandfather in company assemblies. There was a simple reason for that: somebody had to manage that company someday, right? Shunnosuke’s mother had shown little to no interest at all to seek for inheriting the business and all responsibilities that come with it. Plus, she was a woman. As for Shunnosuke’s father…he was a man, fact that could probably have boosted the Kurosawas’s confidence in relying on him as a potential candidate to the role, if it weren’t for two simple reasons: he was the man who seduced their children, and he was not Japanese, or asian at best. In short, he was not “family”, just someone aggregated to the family. Call his grandparents stringent and retrograde, but that’s how things roll. Putting two and two together, obviously it was up to Shun to assume his future duties, even if the old man wasn’t too satisfied with his daughter’s kid behavior. Shunnosuke, however, liked it. Even though he had to deal with the hard to swallow humour of his “grandpa” and a tight schedule that leaves almost no real time to leisure — or to join clubs —, it made the teenager feel powerful, and that’s his main goal in life: to acquire power. Power to be whoever he wanted to be. His strides were large and hurried, yet graceful as only he can be, it was by now a regular practice. How surprising it was when he was approach by a guy, something nobody ever does on a hallway. A cute guy with distinctive looks, yes, but someone who was taking his precious time nonetheless.

Erm, excuse me? — He frowned with sarcastic look in his face, skeptical about this sudden coming. Was it supposed to be some mockery or joke? Wasn’t him already on top of the scene, under spotlights? Sure, Shun was praised by a few. But almost never in such straightforward manner. Odd as it may seem, the teenager still didn’t have enough friends in Zela. — I appreciate it, but I know all of this already. Do you have a point? I’m kind of in a hurry here, so… — He replied in a calm tone. Politely as always, but still making his point come through clearly.
Back to top Go down
Taiki Hayama

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Mar 14, 2015 3:42 pm

Taiki's smile remained unfazed by the boy's initial aggressiveness, "Hahaha!, You've even got the right attitude!", he heartily laughed, but he did mean what he was saying, that violent streak was just the kind of spirit one needed to truly shine on the stage, "But since you seem to be aware of this, i'll cut to the chase".

And so with a swift swipe of his hand the emerald-haired youth ostentatiously wiped out a notebook, the force behind the movement swinging it open in the process. Placing it before his chest he showed the lad the first page, which read in big capital letters 'DRAMA CLUB SIGN-UPS', "My name is Taiki Hayama, class 3-B", he said, still sporting that cheeky smile, "As you can see I'm the Drama Club representative and we are taking in new members and guess what?, I want YOU in". Some people would consider the youth's passion and lack of subtlety to be a negative trait but, although crash, he preferred this all-out approach. It usually caught people out of guard, which let him read into them. His intuition told him it wouldn't work on this one, but he seemed to be the type that repudiated those that kissed up to him, the kind that wanted the cards to be laid on the table right away.

"… Your next line will be 'I'm sorry, but my schedule wouldn't allow it'. That's what's going through your mind, isn't it?", his previously vehement tone had receded into one that distilled serenity and though the smile was still there now it had an enigmatic air to it, "There's so many people that say that. They think that clubs aren't for them, that they already have plenty of stuff going on in their lives… But they are wrong", he said, "Stop and think for a moment. How much time do you spend doing the same things day after day?, How many dead hours you have despite of giving your all to those things?".

"What people don't get is that club life isn't some kind of shackle that binds you to a strict routine, au contraire, they constitute a break from said monotony, allowing you to grow beyond your everyday life's boundaries", he seemed to be dead serious now, emphasizing what he said to make clear he wasn't just saying whatever it took to make him join the club, but that was rather something he sincerely believed in. Still, he seemed to once again switch gears, the fourth time in what, about two-three minutes?, to his jolly, bright self, "Plus, you look like you could use some of that 'growing' yourself!, Even a diamond is worthless while in the rough, you know?".
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 5:33 pm

Right attitude? Okay then. Shunnosuke, filling the boy’s expectations, indeed knew he had the attitude already, what’s the point then? He would just lift one eyebrow in sight of the direction that dialogue was led to.

…so that’s what the boy who introduced himself as Taiki wanted: Shun signing in a Drama Club. He wanted HIM in. Well, bad news for the boy, Shunnosuke already had a tight schedule that wouldn’t truly allow him to join the Drama Club or whatever club even if he wanted — which he didn’t. The moment the teenager opened his mouth to refuse the invitation, Taiki went ahead and said exactly what the Kurosawa heir was about to say. He even voiced it exactly as Shun would phrase, leaving the teenager agape. One thing he was sure: he already disliked Taiki with a passion that was perfectly clear by his intense and belittling way to stare. Eloquent yes, there’s no denying to his convincing abilities, and that was a decisive factor for Shunnosuke to hold his opinion about low about someone: as an eloquent, well-spoken and, most importantly, competitive overachiever himself, it was inadmissible to meet someone whose abilities are par up with his. That’s not something he would easily acknowledge, and for that, Taiki should be proud of himself.
Eeeh…I don’t think you know who I am, do you? — He let an airy chuckle out. “Diamond in the rough”, huh? That has such a nice ring to it he almost forgot to let his smug side bloom. — Also, you might want to work on improving your marketing skills. I’m sure your club would benefit from your publicity if you don’t go around jumping to conclusions about the bystander’s daily life. Also, fawning will get you nowhere. — That said, he’d make his way around and proceed to leave the boy’s presence, unless the other stopped him somewhere.

Last edited by Shunny on Mon Mar 16, 2015 10:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Taiki Hayama

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 10:43 pm

Rage!, Contempt!, He had done it, he had gotten a reaction out of him!, Taiki's eyes growed brighter under his scornful look, five little twinkles appearing in his left eye, and he himself seemed to puff up, "Oh, but my method works just fine", he replied with a shit-eating grin, leaning towards him as he turned the smug factor up to eleven just so Shunnosuke could appreciate in full what a cheeky cunt he was. "Regarding your identity... Actually something begun ringing familiar about your face..."

He then did something completely unexpected, something unbelievable that no one in their right mind would have ever thought about doing. Quick as lightning, his right hand shot at the heir's shirt's neck, gently pulling him closer.

Displaying an amazing agility, in a second they had switched positions, Shunnosuke was now the one with his back against the wall, both metaphorically and literally, Taiki with his hand on the wall besides his head, cornering him, "You are Kurosawa whatever, right?, The heir to the Kurosawa empire", he said, staring at him. The twinkle in his eye hadn't ceased and his surprisingly analytic stare seemed to be plunging into him more than ever, stripping him naked, "Everyone here knows that surname, the mighty Kurosawas, its such a terrible thing for me to have incurred in their wrath", he said casting his head aside as he wipped his luscious bangs aside, feigning dismay in the most gaudy way possible, before looking again at him, still smiling. Taiki was well aware of how attractive he was, and he had no qualms about using that to get emotions out of people, even if they were negative, such as in this case, "You must surely hate me, it's useless to hide it, I can see it in your eyes. You'd like to punish my insolence, this 'outrageous humilliation' as you'd surely call it, wouldn't you?", he put his finger under the boy's chin, they were surprisingly rough to touch, tilting his head slightly upwards to inspect him better.

He walked away a few steps, leaving Shunnosuke room now, "Well, that's too bad, as the son of a sailor I'm such a small fry that the full might of your empire hardly could ever harm me, you don't use a fly swater to deal with a microbe after all...", he remained in silence for a few moments, savoring the situation in full, it was so delightful, chances like this were why he liked club recruitment so much. He turned, trying to keep his a straight face, "... Although, there's THAT one thing", he coyly said.

"... In three months from now the annual school play will be held. For this year we've got something very special in store, something sure to leave an impression on every single of the attendants... And guess who's going to play the leading role~", he almost singed out those last words, "It really is the role of my life, the last one I'll play before graduation. It could be my springboard towards Broadway. I'd feel devastated if someone was to take it from me", it was obvious. The youth didn't spell it straight, but after so many turns it was clear as broadlight. First he had thrown the gauntlet at him and now the proper challenge was being issued.

"Still, it isn't like there's really anyone that could or would like to do that to me in the Drama Club as of now, so I guess there's nothing for me to worry about", he seemed to walk away, but he suddenly turned, as if he had forgotten something, "Oh, and I wasn't fawning you, you really are like a diamond in the rough...". He resumed making his way away from the lad, notebook under his arm...

"... Completely worthless!", was his final taunt followed by the very hearthy Shunnosuke had heard at the beginning of their conversation.

... Now, if the boy could restrain his feelings for a moment he would find a pamphlet with info about the club, such as meeting hoursand days, rules and the like. Taiki had obviously 'accidentally' dropped on his way out.

Relevant Strengths and Weaknesses:
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 3:48 pm

…one moment he was ready to cross the hallway and make his way back his home, leaving Taiki behind. The moment after, everything happened too fast for him to realize the situation he was in. And now, face-to-face to Taiki, Shunnosuke felt an emotion he wasn’t used to…
— He had his mouth partially opened, showing his inclination to say something, specially aimed to that “Kurosawa whatever”, an insolence he wouldn’t allow but nothing came out of it. That was sure a daring move to call his surname “whatever”, not many are that intrepid. Perhaps that’s what made Shunnosuke remain in stillness for the time being, he wasn’t used to being confronted in such a bold manner. His face displayed a mix of feelings, too intense and conflicting to even recognize what he truly meant to express. None of them was truly hate, contrary to Taiki’s expectations… Rather, something close to dread or even fear. After all, they were alone in that passage, out of any bystander’s sight. The sudden proximity the teenager couldn’t foresee offered him a dangerous sense of vulnerability. Taiki was too close for Shun to not think he was about to get assaulted…whatever the way. It took him only a few moments after to recover from Taiki’s vivid impression, for when the boy stepped away, Shunnosuke was still there, feeling cornered like a prey, while passively listening to his piece quietly. There isn’t really anything Shunnosuke wanted to say, partially because he was too taken aback and all he could do was just watch as Taiki played his role, not oblivious to the dramatic, theatrical even general behavior of his. Was that all because Taiki wanted him so bad to play a role in the drama club? Why him, specifically? Shunnosuke wasn’t really bad and unconvincing in everyday acting, though not really skilled in the technical aspects of it, so…what’s the point? By then, the teenager didn’t even consider it as an opportunity to improve his popularity and scholar curriculum, he was just too focused on his familiar ambitions to have a glimpse of other possibilities, as well as too astonished that someone had the balls to call him “whatever” and “worthless”. That overconfidence would not pass, of course. It Taiki wanted to ignite Shunnosuke’s rage, he definitely succeeded.

What? — He rushed his strides blindly to Taiki, aiming to, if nothing prevents him along the way, hit his face with a slap as hard as possible. Diminishing Shunnosuke’s surname is one thing, belittling Shunnosuke himself is on a whole new level. — You…coward, idiot! Don’t. You dare. To EVER say it again! What are you, a stalker? I’ve dealt with guys like you before, learn to take take no for an answer! — Regardless of him successfully landing a slap on Taiki or if the hit missed, Shun would stay, fiercely staring at the other. If it weren’t for the pivotal remark by Taiki’s, he wouldn't have Shun's full attention and that was an accomplishment itself.
Back to top Go down
Taiki Hayama

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyWed Apr 01, 2015 3:09 pm

*PLAF*

Taiki just stood there absolutely idle as Shunnosuke slapped him. His face was pushed aside, but besides that he didn't budge a millimeter.

"Let me take a wild guess"

Turning his head back at Shun, he cast an enigmatic smile at him, it was nuts, but he was clearly pleased he was hit, or rather, at the young man's outburst, "You hear the word 'no' pretty often, don't you, you pretty thing?"

"No to this, no to that, from your teachers, friends… And specially your family, I'm sure. They set boundaries for you follow day after day, how to speak, how to dress, how to act, every single detail is written down in stone and what do you do?, Follow them without question”, the smile faded, his tone grim but tranquil. And for a moment Taiki saw his own reflection in the younger, naive boy. Yes, he could understand his sadness because he had felt it before and within it, he could see a resemblance of his own spectres. But that didn’t make him avert his eyes. He had never been the kind to look away.

“... You might think you are already an ‘actor’ for following their script, but to act is to create. To take the spark of life within you and express it of your own free will, in your intrinsic of understanding beauty and use it to embellish the world. There is no such drive in you, you just play along as others pull your strings... You are merely a puppet”.

And there was silence. Taiki’s words were as cold as melancholic, and he took a second to breath in and out. “But...”, he said, a tiny mote of a warm je ne sais quoi building up with every word “... Maybe, just maybe, you could become not only an actor, but a real person. someone that lives his life as an active agent, not someone's ragdoll. Someone not only to rule, but inspire others to grow beyond their limits. Would you like to be such a person?”, he looked at him straight into his eyes before looking above through the window, “I myself haven’t accepted a ‘no’ for an answer in quite some time. Not since two years ago”, the light falling through the window illuminated his face, he smiled gently at no one in particular, and the bliss in his expression made it seem like ge was in some kind of religious ecstasy, “You could do the same”, he said looking back at him with all the kindness of a father, “Say ‘yes’ to yourself. Become who you want to be, nothing more, nothing less and don’t ever let no one hold you back”, Taiki had to wonder at what point he had become so involved. He had let his emotions get the better of him, but at this point he would go all the way. There was no turning around, if there ever was “We can walk that path together if you want to”.

He tapped his other cheek with the back of his middle and index fingers, "Otherwise you might want some more", He said, teasingly.
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptySat Apr 04, 2015 1:34 am

...this is seriously growing more confusing as time goes by. He wondered how did he run by someone that eccentric. Shun admit to himself he has some...unusual traits, alright, but...that boy took it to a whole new level. That smile...he despised that smile so much, that way to state his superiority even when at a disadvantage. That way of referring to him as a "pretty thing" in such ironic and self-absorbed manner... That way of acting just like he would. Taiki was begging for a second slap, harder and more furious than the first if he kept pushing Shunnosuke's mood like that.

For the whole moment, he remained silent. Whether he wanted or not, whether Taiki aimed for it or not...his words were hitting very hard on him. The question is...how? Shunnosuke of course wouldn't even dare to express Taiki was right in most of his assumptions, if not all of them, but how could he know that? They had just met, after all. Shun knows his prowess as a "public person" of sorts, but is that enough to cover details of his intimate life not released to the public? To cover his feelings? His expression at that was terrified.

...but at the same time, he was...thrilled. Taiki's initial words seemed full of bile, aimed at the right spot to earn him a reaction from Shunnosuke, which didn't come for he was too impressed to do anything but listen silently. His last words, however, had a different tone to it. Shun couldn't identify exactly what, but...it was certainly inspiring and convincing. Too inspiring for Taiki's own good; this all is exactly the kind of blatant intrusions in his life the teenager could pass whenever possible. Shaken, yes, that was visible by his expression even though Shunnosuke tried his best to not be affected by his words, but he ultimately opted to ignore his pleadings.

You're definitely trying too hard to score with me, aren't you...? — He was moderately annoyed at those attempts to read his emotions and personality, really. Even more with his last teasing remark, begging for a second slap as hard as the previous one. — We won't walk any path together. I am going to walk my path out since I told you already I don't have time for this and I hate to repeat myself. Now if you excuse me, I have a business meeting to attend to. — He'd retreat a few steps and walk away, unless the other teenager grabbed his attention once more. Shunnosuke wasn't late at all for his duties, he just preferred to arrive early to not evoke his grandfather's wrath upon him.
Back to top Go down
Taiki Hayama

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] EmptyMon Apr 13, 2015 10:39 am

Taiki shrugged as he chuckled in what I'd say was a rather condescending tone, "And where does that path of yours lead?", he said, "But if that's what you want I won't stop you. Go ahead an walk it. Its just a matter of time that you find out that when all ways converge, there's no such thing as your 'own path'. For the better or the worse you and me are both stuck with the rest of our kind".

And that was it. Taiki just stood there in silence, making no attempts to retain the boy. What he meant with his words he didn't clarify. He had said his piece and there was nothing to add. Still, he was sure this wasn't the last time he saw the boy. He knew deep within that now that contact had been made they were bound to gravitate towards each other sooner or later. Such was the nature of that thing humans called 'fate'.

But then, as Shunnosuke walked away, a warm breeze carrying the aroma of the sea blowed down the hallway from behind him. Strange, they were in an island sure, but with the windows closed and the academy being a few kilometers away from the nearest shore it shouldn't be possible to smell the sea from here.

"Tuuuurrrr"

suddenly the wind wrapped around him, spinning around him like the center of a dynamo, the breeze carrying unspoken words to his ears.

And for a moment, it was like there was something right at his side, whispering to his ear. It couldn't be seen, but its presence, though faint, was obvious. "T-U-R-B-O", it spoke, with the crackling of gears and rusted, ages old steel, "T-U-R-B-O" it repeated as the wind intensified ever so slightly, and just like that, the breeze faded and it was over.

… But the strangest thing was that he was now facing a rather puzzled Taiki (which, by the way, was quite unlike him), "… Weren't you leaving?", he said, arching an eyebrow. Whatever was that, he obviously hadn't perceived any of it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Art New Decade [Shunny]   Art New Decade [Shunny] Empty

Back to top Go down

Art New Decade [Shunny]
Page 1 of 1