Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Playing in the Park (Open to 3)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyFri Oct 31, 2014 11:52 am

Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 Tumblr_mzib22YW1v1rc0cwxo1_500

For all intents and purposes, this wasn't what Sharaku was expecting to get after Sentinel took his while pondering. Most of it, he could have though of himself, and certain parts made him want to hit his head against the bench for a brief moment. Oh, the things one sentence can make you imagine...Damn, why was he even thinking about that anyway...? This was not even funny. They were supposedly having a serious discussion here...and the only thing he gets from that is...Ugh. Nevermind. His thought processes needed fixing at times, but seriously, it did kinda invoke...Eh. Ahem, either way, the point was elsewhere. He probably made the android confused by making a face after hearing the first part of his speech. ''Erm....'', he kind of had no idea how to word this. He knew what he did want to say, but he wasn't sure how good of an idea it was. ''Well, considering how I doubt you'd be the type to stalk people 24/7 and everywhere, it's kinda...obvious you wouldn't see humans doing many special things with each other. Some things, you don't do in public, okay?'', he would conclude eventually, scratching the back of his head in thought. ''Speaking of the 'attachment', however, I think I do know what you mean. In theory at least. It's...how would I put it. They say when you really care about someone, you'd do anything to help them, or make them feel happy. I'd say that's what you're on about. Humans are known to...be able to do more for others than for themselves in many cases? Maybe....'', he tried to explain, but managed to somewhat confuse himself in the process too. But, hey, he did get the basic point, right? Not that he knew for sure whether it was really true. Perhaps so. Isn't that what happens in happy-end movies? Eh.

He would knit his eyebrows when he heard the second answer though. ''I know what I said. I didn't neccessarilly mean to ask whether you'd want to actually change. That's not my point. I moreso meant...whether you think you'd be different if you were human from the start. That may be a better way to word it. Though, it seems you're quite happy with what is, nevertheless. Good for you.'', he would smile faintly, leaving it at that for now. What do you know? Being made of metal might actually have its advantages, if he were to think about it more. He himself wouldn't really complain too much about it. It wouldn't be in any way worse than what is now, to be completely honest. Toodles.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 4:53 am

The android ended up cocking his head in confusion. Humans exchanged strength when they were not in public? Why? Was it a more personal action, though when the subject switched to attachment the android clearly stopped pondering the previous question. This 'attachment' was the desire to make someone happy and do anything to keep them safe. That was what his main directive was programmed to do, though it placed a heavier emphasis on the safe rather than happy part. So was his main directive substituting for this feeling of attachment? Or was it simply a false program left by the madman he called his creator? So many questions, very few answers, and the only way to get those answers would be through self-reflection, wouldn't it? Self reflection often led to a nasty confrontation with the man who he killed. The android shook his head, his red robotic eyes looking up toward Sharaku as he spoke again.

"Ah! I see, I must have misunderstood what you were asking, my apologies." The android said before thinking about it, placing one of his hands under his chin, before glancing over to the children playing in the park and their parents. "Would I be different if I were human? Yes, it is completely possible, though I can only speculate on the differences. I can only speak as to what I am. I believe I would be more emotional and my way of speaking would be more...."Walmart Language" as I've heard attorneys in the court room label it. I've only entertained the thought a few times, but I do believe that would be labeled as "boring". Though perhaps if I were human I would understand this private exchange of strength you speak of better." Sentinel said looking back up at Sharaku, though the android has his secrets, that did not mean it would share all of them with his associates. They weren't at that level of trust...just yet in his opinion. The question is, how would they take knowing such a darkness surrounded their companion? Hyde and Naomi were all for fighting evil, but isn't a murderer evil? Was this something that he could ever reveal to them? To anyone for that matter.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 05, 2014 7:14 am

Sharaku would snort a little, hearing Sentinel speak about difference in articulation, and how could things be labeled boring. Everything could be boring, no? If he were to say, the definition of boredom was a subjective matter. Each individual found something else boring. For all he knew, someone would be bored by hearing the android's more 'technical and proper' way of talking. To each their own, however. Still...''You know, now that I think about it, when it comes to what you are, and the general understanding of things...I'd say you might just be better off than me anyway. '', he would shrug slightly, giving the android a flat look. In all honesty, he wouldn't say he understood anything Sentinel was asking for much better than the android himself. In contrast to the fact that he was obviously much more human that the other. It didn't add up that well in the end, did it?

''At the very least, you don't have to bother with emotions, or feel pain. I think at times, I'd actually prefer that, even if I'd have to not understand certain things. I'm no better at it as I am in the first place.'', he would declare, chuckling sharply. Hm, well, wasn't it true? Either way, when did he even start having such mood swings, or whatever would one even call that? Just a moment ago he was amusing himself over one sentence of Sentinel's speech, and now he was being somewhat depressing. ''Tch. What irony....'', he would mutter, with a light scoff, giving the android a brief glance, but not focusing on anything in general.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 1:59 am

The android was a little surprised, when his comrade snorted. Did the android misinterpret something again? Though when Sharaku admitted he had a better understanding than him, the punk looking robot tilted his head again, "Huh? I do? That is..perplexing to me." A look of genuine confusion crossed the android's face, his eyes glanced to the side as his logic matrices tried to separate that statement into several smaller fragments. The android's lips moved, but there was no sound behind them. Eventually he lifted his red eyes, and his pupils seemed to shrink back before going back to their original size. When Sharaku made his declaration he laid his side against the bench , and it was evident that the android was still working something out.

Finally, the android spoke, "I think you are discrediting yourself. I think you know more than what you claim, you simply haven't been questioned about it. For you, feeling emotions and pain is as easy as breathing, it comes so natural as it does many humans. Thus when you are asked to explain it, you struggle a bit, and stumble over it. You find it difficult to put into words because of how natural it is, you don't think about it, you've come to accept them. You know a lot about them, but when you have to explain it to something like me that lacks that you struggle to find an explanation or analogy to describe it to me." The android laughed a little bit, evidently he found something quite entertaining, but what on earth could it be? It was a very serious discussion.

"How do you explain emotions to a being that does not express them fully? Any emotions I display are rarely at the depth that I've seen humans express. My logical matrices prevent them taking the wheel, and suppress them entirely. After all it is in my programming that emotions will simply cloud my judgement, and prevent me from making the correct decision. I can see where it is coming from, but while that is ideal...I see the practical use for them too."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 06, 2014 5:10 pm

At first, Sharaku wouldn't say anything at the android's confused remark. Hm, seeing that happen probably meant Sentinel didn't take it exactly as it was meant. Afterall, he hadn't necessarily meant that the other was better at the whole understanding process than him. Not like that. He was speaking moreso in relation to their base standing. As an android, being at the level Sentinel was is most likely just about average for his kind. Himself? He doubted he could say he got it just about as well as most people. In concern of that, Sentinel was better at it when taken from a separate standpoint. He didn't really feel like attempting to explain that, as it seemed the two of them were taking it all from different angles in the first place.

Besides, he ended up frowning lightly after hearing what the android had to say next. Feelings as they were may be a natural occurence, but that wasn't the point he was on about. ''Fair. Feeling is easy, of course, as we cannot tell ourselvses to stop. However, I wouldn't say that understanding what it is you feel well enough goes hand in hand with that. It's not really the problem of explaining to someone else, if you can't properly explain it to yourself first. How would you go about doing it then? Struggle, yes, but in this case, I wouldn't speak of it in terms of finding it hard to put it into words. That only comes next. For if I do know more than I claim to, as you say, then I'm afraid I'm not aware of it.'', he would attempt to explain at least somewhat. Though, it wasn't an easy task. They were seemingly seeing it in a different manner, so the current struggle was most likely to get into the same line of thought.

''Practical use...?''
, he would echo, when hearing the latter part. ''Yes, well, some may have that, but aren't there plenty of negative emotions too? In that sense, it's probably at the same level. Whether you do feel or not...both are neither good, or bad. On the point though, I've been told several times that I tend to react to things much less than the usual person. I guess that means I'm not the most 'expressive' kind of a person myself. Though, I suppose I have my own reason for that, just like you do.'' This conversation was getting rather complicated by now, but he didn't really care. It was still better than a random topic out of nowhere that he didn't even know how to respond to.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 3:34 am

The android listened to Sharaku's response, so just because they are natural you cannot entirely say that you understand them? Furthermore, if you cannot explain them to yourself then how on earth could you possibly explain it to another...that does make some sense. However, Sentinel wanted to be sure that he understood this clearly, "So you are saying that feeling and knowing are two separate things? Do I understand what you are saying correctly? And unless you understand them yourself, you cannot explain them to others?" That was the paraphrased version of what he believed Sharaku said, but he couldn't be entirely sure. Being at an impasse would prevent him from learning the answer he desired. It would be the best to get on the same page before trying to continue this conversation further. After all Sentinel was asking his friend for help, in his own unique and somewhat confusing way.

In regards to the practical use, Sharaku pointed out that with positive emotions come negative emotions. In that regard, it seemed as though he would end up gaining and losing progress. Hmm that made sense, did that mean a more conservative point of view as necessary? Rushing into things like a brute seemed to be unwise as per usual. A more delicate hand was required in this situation, which was fine with the android. He often preferred an outcome that did not resort to brute force and fighting it out. Though he is likely to win that fight, but brute force rarely resolved things as well as he hoped. He thought the situation with Lewis proved that somewhat. There had to have been better way to resolve that… It bothered the android a bit, was it his bias and how he might have mistakenly overlapped Lewis with his creator? Wasn’t what he felt a type of anger? A negative emotion that Sharaku mentioned, even his limiters had a hard time suppressing such an emotion. Maybe, his friend was right...he couldn’t simply take his action, after all if an emotion was making it through his limiter then perhaps if his action would not lead to happiness.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyMon Nov 10, 2014 6:03 pm

Sharaku would glance at the android silently for a few moments when the other pretty much repeated his own words. ''In a basic sense, yes. There could probably be a different way to say it as well, but this is simple enough.'', he would say eventually, keeping it at that, as it seemed Sentinel only wanted a confirmation. ''Is there some problem in that?'', he would ask after a while, as the other wasn't saying anything else. Not that he really minded, but such a short response was not what he'd expect after all this long talk.

Though, he was getting more of the silence afterwards as well, as Sentinel didn't say anything  to the 'usage' talk at all. ''Thinking...?'', he would pose simply, leaning his chin against one hand, staring off into the playfield. Well, he wasn't going to interrupt the other with talking about something if such was the case. He was fine with this. He didn't necessarily feel the need to converse lengthily, but he was okay with flowing along when he was asked, as long as it wasn't something stupid or not worth replying to. He wasn't going to push people away unless they gave him at least a solid enough reason for that.
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyWed Nov 19, 2014 2:18 am

When asked if there was a problem with Sharaku's reasoning, "No, you have just given me a lot to think about. There is no flaw in the logic you presented, it is very solid." he said, and went back to pondering for a few moments. Until Sharaku asked if he was thinking, the android nodded. "You have proven to be very insightful and helpful on a matter that you thought you weren't. Though you have led me to more questions than answers, I believe that you are helping me keep on the correct path toward my goal. For that I thank you." He said nodding his head toward his compatriot.

It was then that Maria approached the two, and poked her guardian, "Senty! I think I'm done playing now! Can we go home? My favorite cartoon is going to be on soon, and I wanna watch it with you!" She asked excitedly, bouncing up and down a bit. The android looked down at her with a soft smile. "Have you done some of your homework?" The young girl looked innocently toward her guardian, "But I thought you and Sharaku had gotten rid of all the mean homework!" She said playfully pouting a bit, and her guardian rubbed her head a bit. "I'll help you with it, and then you can have the rest of the night off." The android said before turning back to Sharaku. "Thank you my friend, you have given me a lot to think about. Perhaps we shall continue this discussion later. However, for now take care of yourself." The android said nodding and waving toward his friend. Maria doing the same as her guardian, and then they both turned to leave the park.

((Exit! Sorry I need to ease my posting burden a bit!)
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 EmptyThu Nov 20, 2014 2:46 am

Sentinel and Sharaku's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playing in the Park (Open to 3)   Playing in the Park (Open to 3) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playing in the Park (Open to 3)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2