Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Cymakara

Cymakara

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) Empty
PostSubject: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 4:18 am

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) Hibari.Kyoya.240.703996

You were looking through some of the local bookstore's selection of manga today. Idly checking out new things to take home, maybe share with Rita... Maybe Hotaku if he wanted to read as well... Right now you had a stack of about Twelve books. Mostly all from the same series, some of the lesser known or at least underappreciated books like the Blue Exorcist Manga, or even Black Butler.

After a long read, he gathered up the books and stood in a hurry. Wanting to check out all he had, and take them home to read and share with friends. So much of a hurry, he wasn't paying attention to where he was going, running right into someone and falling to his rear, his books going everywhere. He was immediately looking down, whimpering a bit as he started to apologize to whoever it was. He looked rather... Appalling right now, like a frightful creature.
"I'm so sorry! I wasn't looking where I was going! I'm sorry! Sorry!"

Last edited by Cymakara on Wed Oct 15, 2014 11:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyWed Oct 15, 2014 6:18 am

Same old. Then again, Sharaku was not really sure what inspired his recent interest in books. Perhaps he was just really that badly bored. Still, he seemed to enjoy simply looking at them much more than actually buying anything. It was probably a strange thing to do, but at least it was better than doing stupid things, no? And any distraction from all those complicated supernatural matters was welcome either way.Whether it be books or anything else, actually.

Though, maybe being overly distracted by looking isn't always the best idea. And even though he was not holding anything at that moment, it was still a bit of a jolt to have someone bump into him. '..?!..' After taking a few steps forward to make sure he wasn't going to fall too; which would be very unseemly indeed, he would turn around to see a younger man with books scattered all around apologizing profusely as if it was the end of the world. Sharaku would stare at him in confusion for a moment, not really getting what was the big deal here. One would assume the younger had commited a crime from the way he was acting. Which was certainly not the case. Ah, well........

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) Tyki_mikk-14

''Now, now, Mister, there's no need to apologize like that. You didn't kill anyone. It's not that big of a deal.'', he would eventually say, in a calm tone, making sure to not seem angry about it or anything. Not that he even was, but better be doubly sure. The last thing he wanted was for the other to start crying or something like that. Not in a bookstore. Big scenes in public weren't something he would take extreme enjoyement in. Giving the other a laid back smile, he would walk forward, offering a hand to help him stand up. ''Let's not worry about this and clean up the mess instead. How about it?'', he would ask, as he did that. Easy.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 1:06 am

Alex looked up, then looked back down. Now he felt like he just made a big scene of things like a stupid kid when he didn't need to. He blushed to the extreme and just nodded to Sharaku in response. "S--sorry... I... Yeah..." Gathering up his books and trying to put them back in an organised pile as he looked up to the other person. He didn't regogniz-... Wait. He doesn't recognize anyone. He knows maybe a handful of people. He called Alex mister though... That was... Different.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 4:03 am

This was....strange. Well, not in reality, but theorethically a lot. If anything, Sharaku wasn't used to such shy people. How could someone go about like that? He'd probably end up really bad himself if he was like that. Then again, maybe it worked differently for everyone. Lady luck, as they say. Some maybe can live such a life without trouble coming for them. Eh, it was probably a miss or hit anyway. ''Need some help with that? When carrying so many books, it's not surprising that you can't see where you're going.'', he would offer casually. Hm, why would he choose to hang out with such a meek guy, even he had no idea. Most likely he was just curious. And had nothing else to do. Afterall he was just here to look around. Nothing exact to make him busy at all. ''Also, I already said you don't have to keep apologizing. I'd say I heard you well enough the first time, if anything. It's fine.'' It was just weird to hear so much apologies. More of that and he was even going to actually feel like something big happened. When it obviously hadn't.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 5:54 pm

Alex looked down as he had to repeat that point, then nodded to the words to agree with them. He took a bit to even realize there was an offer made regarding aid with the books before bashfully responding. "Oh! You... Don't have to if you don't want to... I'm used to carrying a lot to the counter since... Heh... I only come in here once a week to get anything..." That was a total lie. It was once a month, like most of your city trips. You stockpiled books, games, and food and then waited to grab it all again later on to avoid the situation with people like always...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyThu Oct 16, 2014 7:26 pm

Used to it? From the current situation, it didn't really look it, but Sharaku wasn't going to judge by one scene. Still, it didn't really follow...? Once a week wasn't that much spaced out for this amount of books. Did he read that much? Never mind the fact...where would one even put all those if buying such an amount EVERY week? Wow, that thought was almost making him go cross-eyed. Living buried in books would not be a preferable state of being...to be honest. ''Once a week, and you always buy that much? That's rather commendable, mister.'', he would comment, still being rather laid back in his approach. Though, internally, he didn't really want to believe this whole thing. Yet, it wasn't like he could just accuse the younger of making it up. Maybe he did manage it all like that somehow. A talent, perhaps? ''On the point though, I wouldn't have offered had I not wanted to to it, would I? I don't have anything else to do, and if it helps avoid any future crashes, I believe it'd be a time well spent.'' And also, less time to actually get bored. Because, let's face it, simply staring at books can't keep you entertained forever. That said, he wouldn't attempt to actually make a move until the other agreed. He was still leaving it up to his choice. He just felt like possibly doing it to pass some time, not neccessarily because he really enjoyed carrying books around.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 3:05 am

Alex stared at him for a little bit. He was an interesting man... Not that he hadn't been in some interesting situations lately... He smiled finally, and nodded. "I mean... Sure... I could always accept more help..." He didn't stress grabbing more books than he needed to. Just grabbing about half of what he had laying along the floor. He finally summed up what courage he had in his being to speak up a bit more, "Why... Do you call me mister? I'm... Still kind of a child..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyFri Oct 17, 2014 6:20 am

That actually went...quite smoothly. Sharaku had sort of expected some more apologizing, or such. However, it seemed that the younger man had finally made up his mind. ''Deal then. Splendid.'', he would smile thinly in return, when his offer finally got accepted. He would crouch down, to gran the rest of the books, stopping momentarily to look over at the other at the slightly unusual question. Ah, well, maybe his manners did appear strange at times. He wouldn't argue against that, nor would he change his habit, however. It was better than being rude afterall, so what was there to complain about? Straightening back up, and holding the books under one arm, he would do his best to not appear overly amused. Though, admittably, he was quite a bit. ''Ah, that's simple. I like having good manners, that is all.'' He would give the younger a slightly curious glance afterwards. ''However, you are a man, are you not? Would that not be enough of a reason?'', he would ask, as if somewhat questioning logic. ''Since you mention it though, may I inquire as to how old you are?'', he would add after a moment of contemplation. The other didn't look that young, but best to be sure.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:17 pm

Alex stood with a more reasonable ammount of books in his arms, looking at Sharaku as he asked that. Chuckling a little before speaking, "Well... Eighteen... Hense why I don't feel quite...Like a Mister yet... I'm still basically a kid... Yeah..." Which was true, he still felt and honestly acted like a child would. Held up with a bunch of manga and video games. Of which the man before him would be aware of the former since every single book in their arms was a deal of manga of various titles. Black Butler, Blue Excorcist, Black Lagoon... What was with Alex and titles that began with a color?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySun Oct 19, 2014 1:42 pm

Eh? Eighteen was not that young. Sharaku knew younger guys that could pass for adults with their behavior, even. Well, perhaps it did depend on the individual, but still, an eighteen year old was in no way a kid anymore, even if not a one hundred percent adult. And yes, he did take notice of the type of books he was holding for that matter, but there wasn't much he could...uh, contemplate about that, as sadly, he had no idea what those things were even about. Seriously, no. ''I wouldn't say eighteen is that young. I mean, I'm not really that much older than you, you know?'', he would inquire curiously, giving the younger a steady glance. Well, it's nice to be a kid for longer than neccessary, but from a certain point, it starts to seem....strange? An eighteen year old would most likely be expected to pretty much be out of the child phase already.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 1:28 am

Alex chuckled a little. His shyness slowly dieing the more... Well, easy it was to talk to the man. He shrugged a bit, before speaking up again, "Still.... Its weird to be called an adult... I'm still in my Third Year... Still live at the Acadamy... Still have to have Parents sign off on certain things I want to do... I mean... Sort of an adult, but still a child..." He looked over the man a moment, speaking curiously his own this time, "I didn't interrupt you getting books... Did I?"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyWed Oct 22, 2014 4:02 am

Oh....right. School and parents, that made some sense. Sharaku had kind of forgotten about that, as he had not dealt with those two since he was 13. It was easy to draw a blank about it when he barely remembered doing these things himself. ''Fair. You have a certain point. Still, even an adult can study. And yes, your parents may sign some things for you, but it doesn't neccessarilly mean you can't make your own decisions. I'd say your as much of an adult as you yourself choose to be.'', he would counter a bit, though keeping a laid-back tone. After all, he couldn't go choosing for the younger, considering he just said a decision depended on the person themselves. That would make him...a hypocrite, no?

''Ah, no. I was just looking around, rather than actually buying anything. This is honestly probably a better waste of time, now that I think about it.'', he would respond to the curious question with a light smile. In a way, it was true. It was probably better than just standing around and staring at some books. And he knew he would most likely not buy anything anytime soon, with his strategy. And it wasn't even the money that was a problem. It was just his interest being rather finicky. ''Wouldn't you rather hang out with friends than read so many books though? I thought teenagers prefered going out.'', he would inquire after a bit. He didn't know many that preferred spending their time being holed up inside with their nose stuffed in a book.
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:21 am

That word brought a long pause from Alex as he'd look down to the ground, closing his eyes for a moment as that question stung him rather deeply. What friends... I mean.. Hotaka and Rita.. You guessed they were friends... Atleast, they tried to spend time with you. That was more than most would do. But be out with them? you lived across from Hotaka, so he could come over whenever he wanted. As for Rita? Well, she was a bit more foreward and adventerous. He'd just slow her down.

"Umm... Most... Of my friends are all online... So I have to be inside to even talk to them anyways. I haven't really made many friends at school yet... or anywhere really..." Which wasn't fully true, sure, but in your heart you felt more of a burden to them than an actual friend to them..
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptyFri Oct 24, 2014 5:13 pm

When the young man started to look at the ground, Sharaku would turn his head to gaze at him, a little confused. Had he said something...? He would choose not to inquire, instead waiting for the other to speak up. Which eventually happened. ''Online friends...? Is that really better than having some around you? One would assume it's not easy if you can't meet a friend face to face.'', he would question, a little surprised at the answer he had gotten. The young man seemed shy, yes, but in such a case, he would guess if no friends, then none at all. Having only online friends...was a little strange. Of course, he was aware that many teens liked spending their time hooked up on the internet..but that much, really?

''I guess it's a personal choice though.''
, he would conclude shortly thereafter. It wasn't like he could really just go and tell the other to make real friends. He had no idea why would someone rely on having friends that are realistically unreachable, but he wasn't going to argue against it. Maybe it did pose a benefit to some. Who was he to know..?
Back to top Go down
Cymakara

Cymakara

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) EmptySat Oct 25, 2014 1:48 pm

Alex's grip on his little stack of books increased just a little bit at the further questioning, but his expression turned into a bit of a smile as he spoke up... Hikikomori...literally "pulling inward, being confined"... is a Japanese term to refer to the phenomenon of reclusive adolescents or adults who withdraw from social life, often seeking extreme degrees of isolation and confinement.... Hikikomori have been described as recluses, loners, or "modern-day hermits." He just chuckled a little bit, before looking back up the the man infront of him. Shrugging just a little bit as he added on. "Some of the other students... Call me Hiki... Because I never leave my apartment except to buy supplies... I'm... Kind of really afraid of people... Heh... Mister~
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)   Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex) Empty

Back to top Go down

Bookstore Blunder (Safi/Alex)
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next