Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Checking out the studio (Ray)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ray

Ray

Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySat Aug 02, 2014 10:53 am

The slightly belated response surprised Ray a litte, but he wouldn't show that. He waited patiently until Hachiro confirmed that he was in fact looking for someone to go with. Someone with experience that he could try to depend on. Well, Ray could admit it was a smart way of thinking. As much as he prefered solo himself, it was generally easier and less stressfull if you had someone by your side. Of course, as long as it was someone you could put your trust in. Otherwise it was just as unstable as being alone. Maybe even worse. Not knowing what to expect of your own ally is equal to a nightmare, moreso in a situation where your life is already on the line by deafult. ''I see. Too cautious to go on your own. Smart decision I'd say. That aside, I wonder about something. The way you speak...You have not been there before have you? Even though you can see those doorways....'', he did not like asking about it, but he really want to enlighten himself about that. At least briefly. Did the older get the power in this world somehow? That would mean they were on different standpoints in a way. Ray really didn't know what to expect from this at this point.

''Not unless you could prove you had a coin with enough sides for a larger number of people.'', he would shrug slightly at the somewhat of a rhetorical question. Of course he wouldn't believe that. Flipping a coin would mean he was picking from two people in the first place. Unlikely as well. As much as it may have sounded like a joke, it was said in a disinterested tone, meaning he was not really interested, just putting it out there as a sort of confirmation that he indeed would not believe such a bull statement. 'I probably still should...' Even if the man was fine with taking a risk, it was still rather idiotic to come out with it without even a single hint that he was on the right track before jumping the gun. ''As precautious as you appear to be....I'd still call that move a little foolish. Being called insane is one thing. However, I could as well have turned out to be an enemy and tried to knock you out. What would you do then? There are many possibilites, and being an idiot is the lesser evil here. You could have as well ended up dead by doing this. Wouldn't that be ironic?'', he would speak up, silver eyes closing for a bit in contemplation. Indeed. Well, for now he had no reason to consider Hachiro a problem of his. On the other hand, he did not know much about how the man knew about all this, and coupling this with not being extremely trusting did not make a happy combination. Ray was surely not going to be all hurr into this, until he at least somewhat knew Hachiro was safe to tag along with. Older or not, Ray made no exception in cases like these. They say to respect your elders, but he found them more scoff worthy most of the time, than anything else.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 4:13 am

Well this most certainly wasn't going exactly as planned. It appeared that Raynar was extremely cautious and less trusting then Hachiro first thought. Granted, he would have expected this distrust to occur when he was trying to recruit the singer into the band back when they were complete strangers. Raynar would ask a rather odd question, wasn't it obvious that he hadn't? "I figured that much was obvious from the fact that I was looking for an ally. Why? Didn't you get your powers before you stepped into the portals?" If he didn't, then that rose the question of how Raynar got his power. From the way the younger man was speaking it sounded as though he had been in the world when he got his power, but how? That doesn't seem possible, "Didn't you get a visit from some person here in our reality?" The older man would lean against the smooth white pillar in thought, if he didn't get it here. Then that meant that Raynar got his powers in the other world? Perhaps that military man wasn't from this reality at all....now that was quite the doozy, but it would most certainly explain quite a bit.

However, Raynar was not impressed with his attempt at humor. Shame, but Hachiro was apathetic at times too, so he couldn't particularly blame him. Once a flaw in his plan was revealed, the older man would ponder it for a moment before nodding a bit, "What you say is true, there is inherent risk in asking you too. As you could have been an enemy, but I considered that too. I know people far better than what I know is in those other realities. They say go with the devil that you know, and so I did. I've been in a pinch before, and I managed to be rugged enough to get through it. You would have quite a struggle on your hands if you tried to subdue me, not to mention I might have scheduled this meeting before a showing of this place, so my friend would be able to see signs of a struggle. Of course, that is all hypothetical, or so I hope." The older man would say shrugging a bit crossing his arms. "Though yes it would be ironic, but we all gotta die at some point right? Immortality is not something humans will ever receive." It was true, there was no way humanity would become immortal, even if they were they would end up ignoring civil wars and starvation of others. War would still kill hundreds if not thousands of people, it was quite the shame. Though war and suffering appeared to be buried in human nature.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 05, 2014 11:33 am

Not cool. Now his question was being turned against him. Ray was not too happy about that fact, even though it did somewhat answer his own. Hachiro was visited by someone here then. What he wouldn't have given for it to go down the same way in his case. It sounded much less stressful than being kidnapped into a different world before getting anything explained. Granted, he wasn't the one to freak out too bad, but it wasn't something he was happy-go-lucky about. Some people had rather twisted ways of going about in their business. The older man was lucky, at least in that manner. Ray had no idea if there was anything else that was different between them aside from that thing. ''I suppose they went easier on you. And no, I did not. It is moreso that I was forced to visit them. Not by choice, of course.'', he would eventually answer, with a small hint of annyoance in his tone, leaving out the kidnap part for now. He had not complained about the way it had been done, but hearing that Hachiro went throught it with only a fancy visit from someone....Well, it was a bit irking, no matter how you look at it. Even more reason to go talk with that redheaded guy later. He sure had something to discuss about that, if nothing else.

''In simple words, you made the choice that appeared easier, even if it was still a risk. Well, I can't blame you for that. I do still think that you were a bit sudden with it, but you do have a point.''
The older seemed bent on what he believed, so be it. That, and Ray had no idea of confirming whether a scruffle between them would go this way or that. He did definitely not want to start a fight here or something, What for? ''Immortality is a tricky subject. For one, these powers are already above and beyond normal. Who can say you couldn't somehow attain that as well?'', he would shrug amiably at that. Ray wasn't interested in immortal life, but...if this was already happening, who could say it was not possible by some means? He was not going to search for it though. A waste of time in his opinion. ''On the original discussion though. You want to explore those portals?'', he would ask, looking at Hachiro thoughtfully. That was what he mostly cared about. If the man did, then why, and was there any plan to it? It was already established that the older was looking for someone to accompany him, but that wasn't that much info to go on with. For one, why should he agree to this?
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 3:18 am

They? Who did Raynar mean by they? There was only one of them, but even more interesting was the fact that Raynar wasn't given a choice in the matter. Rather odd since he was given one, how did Raynar get coerced into such a deal when he wasn't? Oh well, Hachiro supposed that if the young man wanted to share more he would have. While he was curious about, it might be better not to press on an issue that clearly annoyed him. No point in trying to get further off topic. Then the younger man paraphrased what he said previously, and the older man would merely nod.

"Pretty much, I went with someone that I knew rather than go and explore the worlds on my own." No fight had broken out, and Raynar seemed to understand his reasoning. Hachiro could predict people better than he could predict anything that was in that other world. Going into some place blind wasn't on his list of things to do, but when Raynar said immortality would be possible considering what they have both gained. The older man shrugged, "I suppose you're right it could be possible, not sure I would want it, unless it was necessary to help me achieve my goal." That was the only reason the wanderer could see himself going after immortality. Then Raynar returned back to the thing about portals.

"Yes, I started seeing them after I got my powers, and after I was told to use my freedom and pursue my goals. I was curious if the way to pursue my goals involved something in those worlds, thus I wanted to get my feet wet and see if my theory held true. At least I assume that my power and the other worlds are vaguely connected, and if they're not its back to the drawing board and exploring more of my power." That was Hachiro's goal, find the key to his goal in the alternate worlds, if there was even a key to his goal.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyMon Aug 11, 2014 1:36 pm

''That's a type of logic I suppose.'' Ray didn't have much more to say to Hachiro choosing him because he didn't want to go alone. They discussed that enough already, and he figured he could understand the reasoning well enough. Even though he himself would not go for it unless he knew someone better than that. That was his opinion though. They obviously didn't think alike on that note, and frankly it didn't matter much by this point. ''Such things are overrated anyway.'', he would shrug at the subject of immortality. As awesome as it initially could sound, living forever...would be unbelievebly boring after some time, would it not? Not important though. That was not the point of this, was it?

..Ray didn't really feel like explaining about those portals. Well, fact was, he knew only a little bit more about them than Hachiro, thanks to his unplanned short vacation there. If one could call it that. And he most likely wouldn't. ''Well, maybe. There is a connection, yes, but I can't say what it is. I did not particularly feel like going back there yet, so it's not on me to tell. I had different things to deal with rather than that.'' That, and even if he knew more, he wouldn't have said much. He had never been the one to tell too much, even when prompted. Mixing the supernatural into it did not improve things any. ''One thing is for sure though. It is dangerous out there.'' At least from what he could assume so far. And danger was not a friendly word.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 2:59 am

Hachiro would nod a bit as he noted that Raynar said that there could be a connection, but there was no solid evidence for it. That was true, considering what little they knew about these places...perhaps he should take a look in some of those places, if this all fell apart and Raynar didn't want to go. Oh well, he figured that this might not go the way he wanted it to either. He wouldn't blame the younger man if he didn't want to return. "Hence why I am keeping this an offer, if you don't want to go, you don't have to. I was just asking to see if I could get some help before I went into one of those places completely blind. Especially if it is as dangerous as you say." That was the whole reason why he came to ask after all, the unknown tends to be..well unpredictable at the very least. It was either dangerous or non-threatening, usually the former over the latter when it came to exploring new places.

The older man would look away and ponder something for a moment before checking a watch for the time, the owner of this place would be here soon, but they still had a little time left. He'd give the younger man a bit more time to consider his offer before adding, "You don't have to give me an answer today, you can hold off if you would so desire. I can understand wanting to hold off on a tough decision like this one. It sounds like you had a bit of a rough time, so if you want hold off from it, you are more than welcome to do so." It wouldn't be fair to give Raynar more time to consider his offer and build up trust. Thus Hachiro would extend that offer toward him so he would have additional time to consider it. Granted, Hachiro may use that additional time to explore on his own.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyTue Aug 19, 2014 12:35 pm

An offer, huh? Well, that was one way to put it. Ray, however, couldn't deny that it was wiser to not go on your own if you could help it. It was just the general logic. And as much as he wasn't overjoyed about working with someone he knew only so little, the logic went another way. It was either risk going alone, or risk a comrade that'd be of no help. Which, in the end posed little to no difference. Ray wasn't sure whether he should find this assumption funny, or simply worrying. Whichever would he choose, he would end up on pretty much a similar grounding, and that made the choice no easier in his mind. ''It isn't as if I don't want to go...'', he would give Hachiro an almost blank stare. He did. After all, he had been planning to go take a look eventually. This was just giving it a new horizon, which he had not considered before.

''I just hadn't expected to go with someone. Let's just say I did not plan for this.'', he would finish after a moment, with an indifferent expression. Well, he was mostly just wary about a companion that was only a bit above a stranger, but he wouldn't be telling the older man that. ''Maybe it could work though, but I won't guarantee how will we fair together.'', he would shrug. Really, he had never been the typical team player. Never had the reason to. And therefore, he wasn't the one to estimate the heigth of possible teamwork. He was much more used to treading on his own, but it looked like he might have to accommodate this time. As much as it wasn't easy to admit, Hachiro could be helpful if he tagged along. Unless, he was completely useless with his powers, which was somethign Ray didn't even want to consider right now.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 3:17 am

So he had planned on going back huh, well that made sense curiosity was a bit of a fickle thing to say the very least. Though there were no guarantees that they would fair well together, that made some sense to be honest, there were never any guarantees in life. "There aren't any guarantees in anything in life Raynar, so the best method would be to take it slow and see how it goes. Or at least that is what I would recommend." The older man would say glancing at the time once more, his friend would be here sooner or later for a showing so they had better skedaddle here soon. He wouldn't say he got the answer he wanted, but he got a tentative yes at the very least. Oh well the best laid plans of mice and men could only get one so far.

He would stop leaning against the pillar and stretch his back a bit before looking toward Raynar, "Tell ya' what we'll do. I'll contact you when I have some free time, and then you can decide whether or not you want to join me for that run. Or if you would like, we can meet up again and discuss more, but I'd think we'd be going in circles if we did that." The older man would say, letting a pause slip in, "By the way my friend has a showing in a few minutes, so do you wanna call it here? If so just tell what you wanna do about exploring those portals." He would say as he began to walk toward the exit, assuming Raynar would follow him there.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptyFri Aug 22, 2014 9:25 am

Taking it slow was not always the best option either. But then, what was? Hachiro was right that nothing was guaranteed. Which frankly, made life much harder than it could be. You never know what happens, even if you take severe precautions. Someone you've trusted for years could stab you in the back the very next day, and you'd be able to do nothing. Unpredictability was a very annoying quality of life. ''You win that one. Nothing is guaranteed.'', Ray would shrug a little. There was no way to argue against that, and he wasn't going to attempt it either. What for? It wouldn't get them anywhere, and another moot point would just complicate it more than it already was. This whole discussion was complicated, as a matter of fact.

''Fine with me. I believe we're going in circles already anyway. On that note, I'll see what to do about the portals when it comes up. No use polemizing now. Nor do we apparently have the time for that.'' That would only prompt another discussion. And if Hachiro's friend was coming already, they would just have to cut short. It was better to not start on this now. That, and Ray didn't think he wanted another lengthy conversation like the previous one again. That, was probably enough at a time. No use in dragging it out for too long.
Back to top Go down
Johnson Locke

Johnson Locke

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 3:40 am

"Alright we'll call it here then, thanks for being okay with discussing this on the fly. You got my number, so if something or anything comes up you can contact me." The older man would say before packing his guitar in the case, and he started heading toward the door. Wish there was more to say, but there really wasn't he would leave the building guitar case in hand, and look back toward Raynar, "Stay safe Raynar, chances are I won't be able to find another singer on short notice. We've still got some tunes to play at the very least, and maybe if we're lucky a few laughs....granted no guarantees that I'll be the one laughing."

With that said Hachiro would leave the building and check his watch....ah damn his boss had him working early didn't he? Well....time to be like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland....again.

(Exit, sorry muse is burnt on with this topic.)
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 12:56 pm

''Allright. I suppose we'll just meet sometime later again.'' This had been a rather strange day. No arguing against that. There was no way Ray would have expected to be questioned about something else then the musical stuff, and god forbid about 'that'. He still wasn't sure whether he was getting Hachiro's reasoning about coming out with it the way he had, but it was too late to dwell on that now. What happened, happened. Past is one of the things you can't change. Unless there was some magical formula for that too. At the moment, however, Ray did not feel the need to know whether such a possibility existed. He had enough on his hands already. Now he just had to hope this wouldn't blow up. He would just probably have to think this over after getting home.......

~Exit~ (It's fine. This has been going on for long enough already I believe lol)
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 EmptySun Aug 24, 2014 6:01 pm

Hachiro and Raynar's social link has ranked up...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Checking out the studio (Ray)   Checking out the studio (Ray) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Checking out the studio (Ray)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2