Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Prelude (Helvetica & ????)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

Prelude (Helvetica & ????) Empty
PostSubject: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyWed Sep 29, 2021 7:26 pm

The Park was a great place to relax in the central area, At the moment travel to Central was allowed due to the Coming Festival this would allow other people to come look around get used to navigating the area, and allow those that wished to set up shops, to get the paperwork squared away and approved and gave them time to set up and prepare for the festival.

One thing that was quite the common sight in central, the Presence of a Waddle-dee, these little Creatures seemed to be absolutely everywhere, running little errands and cleaning and preparing the place for the Festival along with people who where doing the same. In the Park however The Waddle-dee's seemed to be taking their time off, likely being told to go rest or go play as normally the little spirits would work till they were quite tired and told to rest by a Waddle-doo. But in the Park groups of them  could be seen sitting in the grass with others, napping under trees and tending to flowers or simply running around playing with other Waddle-dee's.

And among the Multitudes of Waddle-dee's wandering about, there were a few Waddle-doo's keeping a protective eye over them, to make sure the people that showed up to play with the Waddle-dee's were not being mean to them.

It would be in the middle of the park that an old man was sitting petting a Waddle-dee and giving food to a few others and gently humming a tune to them.

Prelude (Helvetica & ????) Ondu_210
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Oct 23, 2021 4:16 pm

The fragile austerity of Central Park was a stark departure from the tumult of Central City proper - a singular oasis of greenery amidst a desert of coruscating steel and glass. It was a welcome reprieve from the fervor regarding the festival that seemed to grip the city in an iron fist, a fervor that seemed to prompt a sense of growing sense of unrest in Helvetica. However, the park, quaint as it was, was not without it's share of anomalies, the android noticed; dozens of round, seemingly mouthless creatures wandered the grassy expanse to which the city-dwellers seemed to pay no mind.

Helvetica knelt down next to one such creature, large eyes looking up at her as if expectant as she inclined her head quizzically. "Who might you be, little guy?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySun Oct 24, 2021 9:03 pm

the little round Waddle-dee waved to the Girl, still looking up hopefully that they would pet them, as it stood there though t seemed to hear something, and turned to look, not to far was the old man, sitting on the bench humming gently to the group of waddle-dee's around him, the one Waddle-dee near Helvetica looked over then waved to one waddle-dee that waved to them before it looked back to Helvetica and pointed and gestured for her to follow.

a Waddle-doo wandering along.. well actually it was keeping an eye on Helvetica since she walked in, more cause it was being mindful and protective of the Waddle-dee's looked up at her with it's one large eye "He wants you to go with him" it informed her.

The old man meanwhile had seemed to notice her and looked over waving in a friendly manner.
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 5:11 pm

Helvetica arched an eyebrow when the little thing spoke to her (did it even have a mouth? It certainly didn't seem like it), her eyes flicking upwards to observe the old man, who was serenely humming a tune to an audience of the cherubic creatures. She shuffled over to the cloaked figure, taking care not to step on the considerable crowd of Waddle-Dees before opening her mouth to inquire with him, a note of caution of her voice as she did so.

"Do you need any assistance over here, sir?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyMon Oct 25, 2021 5:25 pm

The old man continued to hum to the waddle-dee's gently picking one up and petting it for a bit and then putting it down before doing the same to a different waddle-dee, the time seemed measured, exact, and when it looked like he was about to go over the apparent even time the waddle-dee in his hands would wriggle a bit to alert him and he would chuckle and gently set it down to pick up another one, clearly even the Waddle-dee's where trying to make sure they were all treated equally, as the woman walked over he smiled to her once more as he placed the Waddle-dee he was holding down.

"I suppose not really in need of assistance, likely due to how they like each others company, that little one that brought you over perhaps thought I would enjoy the company of another that was like myself, they are kind little creatures after all.. but.. if you do not mine.. perhaps you are willing to spend some time talking with this old man? Get away from the Bustle and hassle of the Festival? at least for a short time? Personally I find a little chat, and time amongst the Waddles to be quite the relaxation on the mind".

He chuckled as he then picked up a Waddle-doo that seemed rather confused that it was picked up but it didn't protest and actually started to relax as it was petted, looking quite content "Even these little ones that consider themselves the protectors of the others need rest from time to time.. same goes for people after all.. please... sit if you wish that is" he said as he moved over on the bench to make sure she would have room to join him on the bench, and a few of the Waddle-dee's looked up at her Expectantly, hope for more patting shining in their eyes.
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyMon Nov 01, 2021 11:14 pm

Helvetica nodded after a benign pause, taking a seat adjacent to the cloaked old man - she supposed there was no harm in simple conversation, and the figure, while mysterious, didn't seem to bear any ill will towards her. It was after a moment of rather awkward silence that Helvetica noticed the Waddle-Dee that was pulling expectantly at the hem of her trousers.

"Well...alright then." She muttered, gingerly picking up the small creature (it was lighter than it looked) and patting atop it's head (body?) in a manner than was quite ungainly compared to the old man's controlled movements.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyWed Nov 03, 2021 2:21 pm

The old man smiled as she joined him "So young one, tell me, how has your time in central been thus far? maybe you have some news from the District you call home?" he said with a bright smile as he pets the Waddle-dee in his hands for a bit before gently putting it down and picking up another, the Waddle-dee's looking quite content while being petted, and the few Waddle-doo's watching Helvetica seemed to decide she wasn't going to harm the Waddle-dee's and so they relaxed a bit and started to simply watch over the waddle-dee's as they normally did which included sometimes rushing off to corral a wayward Dee and bring them back to the group or at least make sure they were not alone.

As for the Waddle-dee Helvetica was petting, even thought he motion was ungainly the little creature seemed to fully relax in her arms, and it let out a happy little sound almost akin to a coo as it was petted, letting it's eyes close and a look of contentment on it's face, though after a bit it opened it's eyes and wriggled about a bit.

Seeing this the old man chuckled "Ah.. it wants you to put it down so you can pet another Waddle-dee, they like to make sure they get equal treatment, so you can trust their timing" he said with a smile as the Waddle-dee he was petting had wriggled a bit at the same time, and he was now in the process of switching waddle-dee's to pet.
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Nov 06, 2021 11:22 pm

Now that she thought about it, Helvetica hadn't heard much from her hometown. Upon reflection, she was certain that the other teams would be hard pressed to fill the gap they had left when they had taken their little trip to Central. Despite rescue work being such a dire matter, she was unable to stifle a small chuckle. Despite the inter-force rivalries and competitions that came as a result of teams jockeying for higher positions, it was indisputable that her squad were some of the finest in the entire district. Just thinking about it made her wistful. Helvetica shrugged in a rather neutral manner, putting down the first waddle-dee to pick another up and leaving the question open ended to pry a name from her impromptu sitting partner.

"Not much. Where are you from, Mr...?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyMon Nov 08, 2021 11:08 pm

The old man smiled as he pets the Waddle-dee currently in his grasp and gently petting it, that same happy cooing like sound coming from the round little creature, the old man looked to his company as she asked "Ah I am from Central personally, I have been here all my life, from birth and likely to Grave if life has no sudden turns or surprises for me, more then what I have already dealt with I mean" he commented.

"But what of you hmm? you seemed to sweep my question aside... perhaps you do not with to talk of your home district or your thoughts on this one that I call home? come now, share with an old man, enjoy the time surrounded by such kind creatures as the Waddle-dee's and Waddle-doo's and if you wish let this old man hear you out, you would not be the first after all, and I am very good at keeping secrets if one weighs on your mind" he said with a kind gesture, before the Waddle-dee he was petting wriggled and he placed it down and picked up another.
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 1:39 am

Helvetica arched an eyebrow. The vast majority of those milling about in the city weren't natives - this could prove an ample opportunity to ask a few questions about the festival while she was here. She nodded slowly, once again surprised by the man's deceptive, tacit form of perceptiveness. In an action that had already become casually to Helvetica, the ASSW set down her current waddle dee to pat a fresh one on the head.

"Well, I'm an android, hahaha. We could always be shipped out elsewhere, you know - not like we've got much of a say in that."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptyFri Nov 19, 2021 3:31 am

The old man nodded as he gently petted the Waddle-dee in his grasp, the small spirit looking very content, much like the one Helvetica was petting "Hmm.. well that all depends.. I am sure there are some in the districts that see you as more then just some android, for instance I know for a fact that one of the District leaders thinks that way... but I cannot recall which one at the moment.. but I do know that in their district you would be treated like any normal person there.. perhaps you can ask to be moved there so you may enjoy all that life has to offer?" he said with a smile as he placed the Waddle-dee down and picked up another.

"It's a simple matter of.. if you want a say.. you must simply go to the place that will give you one, if the place that you are now in doesn't allow for that.. it is quite the simple answer though it's true many do not even consider it a possibility... perhaps they are stuck in their old ways? or maybe they are scared of leaving what they know hmm?" he asked with a smile
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 2:57 pm

Helvetica smiled sheepishly - it was difficult not to warm up quickly to the old man's gentle and affable demeanor. "I'll consider it," She laughed, mirroring his action by picking up another Waddle Dee. The android pondered his surprisingly profound words. Was it truly worth leaving behind the bonds she had forged for three decades for such a selfish reason?

"I think I'm more than a little scared," She confessed, crossing her legs in apprehension, "I'd never been out of my district until now."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySat Nov 20, 2021 5:19 pm

The old man nodded slowly as she said she would consider his words, and as they sat there he would put down the Waddle-dee he was petting and then pick up a Waddle-doo, who looked very confused as to why it was picked up but as the old man started to pet it, it seemed to relax and enjoy the time, looking quite content and happy.

"Being scared is natural child.. and yes... leaving the district you have been living in for so long means leaving so much behind.. but communication isn't impossible between the districts of course... though you would have to relay on older methods of communication.. letters and the like.. but you could keep in contact with any friends you may have, or loved ones. Being comfortable where you are is not a bad thing.. but being to scared to act can be.. if you feel you have no say.. if you feel your place is lesser then you wish it to be, you must simply consider to your self what is it you will gain.. and if you will actually lose anything, or if that is simply a worry in your mind that you tell yourself simply out of fear of the unknown" the old man looked over to he.

"it's all a part of being alive, and being human.. and anyone that doesn't think otherwise is rather trapped by that same flaw, I believe one is allowed to be somewhat selfish.. as long as those wishes are not ones that harm others, people around you will understand.. and if they don't? perhaps they are scared of the change as well? but.. sometimes we can't just let the wishes of others hold us back if what we want is something that is in the end, good for us" he said with a smile as the Waddle-doo he was petting had fallen asleep as he was petting it, and he gently gave it over to some Waddle-dee who carried it off to sleep under a tree with some other Waddle-dee so they would be warm and safe, he then picked up another waddle-dee and continued his petting of the friendly spirits.
Back to top Go down
Zain

Zain

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 2:30 am

It couldn't be helped that Helvetica flinched slightly at the old man's surprisingly discerning and penetrating words, the Waddle-Dee clutched in her hands wiggling in consternation as she subconsciously pinched it harder than she had intended. As quickly as her moment of turmoil passed her pretenses of composure were renewed as she set down the spirit in her fingers with an almost apologetic pat on the head. She'd never known life outside of the closely knit cradle that her squad offered, and she wasn't sure how'd they'd fare without her if she were to leave. Helvetica, as by far the most senior member of the team, had been offered the position of captain at one point by default - and though she'd declined, she knew her existence among her teammates was as though she were a pillar among them. A quiet sense of duty ignited once more in the back of her mind, a presence that was always there yet burned even brighter, in a bittersweet sort of way.

"I think for some things you have to be willing to sacrifice some of your individual happiness for the good of the collective." Her voice wavered, but eventually her hesitancy gave way to the resolve that was inherent to her line of work.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) EmptySun Nov 21, 2021 5:37 am

The old man nodded slowly "there is wisdom in that way of thinking as well.. however.. there is such a thing as giving to much of yourself up.. one cannot live on duty and work alone... one must have something more then that.. one must live more then that.. find love.. find friends.. experience things.. the good and the bad make a person grow and change.. they make them see what is important and what is not, and what should be fretted over and what can be left to another day.. without these things.. without that sense of self.. then what is the point? Is the Collective so much better for the loss of the individual?" the old man asked as he took out a large sandwich from the bag he had to his side and he started to break off parts of it to give to the Waddle-dee's.

"But that is not for me to decide.. that is a choice one must make for themselves, but it is an important choice none the less.. it can help define who you are and who you will become later... what will you hold dear to you? and what are you willing to sacrifice to make that come true?.. and what if that thought... is warped.. that is always a danger... if one starts to think to much that the sacrifice of the one, for the good of all.. is a fair price.. especially if suddenly that one is no longer ones self" he added as he handed out bits of the sandwich.

"Well... thankfully that doesn't happen often though" he finished with a bright smile as he continued to pass along bits of sandwich to the Waddle-dee's
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Prelude (Helvetica & ????)   Prelude (Helvetica & ????) Empty

Back to top Go down

Prelude (Helvetica & ????)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next