Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) Empty
PostSubject: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 1:11 pm

After showing the people she met in the Frozen Highrise area to her Camp, Helanna took to going about her duties as normal, as they all arrived the people there had greeted Helanna in Russian though tier accents were quite clearly French, but that was a while ago by this time, Now Helanna was doing her rounds, checking on the health of the people in the medical area, which thankfully there were few, but she dropped the ASSW Abzu off there on one of the cots and tended to her, making sure she was kept cool for now.

She had also changed out of her cold weather gear, and returned to her normal style of dress, before taking the time to make up some medicine for the injured and sick, after tending to them she was over to the supply wagon and taking clothing and the like that looked large enough for her new guests and she took them to her Lean-to and started to take them apart to get them ready for tailoring gently humming a Hymn as she did so.

She had introduced everyone to the camp people at least, and told them to have a look around, she also mentioned that if they needed anything or had any questions she would be at her Lean-to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 1:27 pm

Drak would enter the Lean-to, shooing off some kids that were trying to surround him to look at his weapons. Gently knocking on one of the wooden beams before walking closer and sitting down across from Helanna. "This is a nice camp you've set up..." He sits there awkwardly and rubs his neck, remaining silent for a moment longer. "I'm kind of surprised and taken back at the happy-go-lucky atmosphere around these people.. Given the dreary atmosphere beyond this camp."

Not wanting to be awkward for too much longer, he unsheathes his sword and starts tending to the blade, cleaning it, sharpening it, and making sure there is no damage to it. "Was this camp all your doing? Or are they some sort of followers while your at the center? It certainly doesn't look like a cult if it is one." He chuckle to himself.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 1:51 pm

Helanna looked up and smiled as Drak walked in and took a seat, she then waved to the children as they left, putting the fabric aside she looked to Drak as he spoke and she nodded to the compliment, and as he went on she listened as she started to take apart another set of clothing, happy to hear that he thought the place was happy, she tried her best, and most of these people had been very dower and some even depressed when she found them, but now they were far more relaxed, though they were always some on guard, to watch for demons, what made her smile more was now she could at least do something if they showed up. Other then simply buy time, she could possibly fight one alone.

As Drak took out his weapon to tend to it she put aside another set of disassembled clothes and piced up a pair of Jackets that were very similar "Тебе нравится этот стиль? Если так, я могу переделать их, чтобы сшить тебе новое пальто" she said to him then looked over with a smile before remembering he didn't know Russian, "sorrry I forrrgot you don't know my language, I so used to speaking it herrre... I asked if you like zis style of koat? if so I kan alter zem to make new koat forrr you, I also have zings needed to make some new clothing bit morrre durrrable zen what you vill skavenge, some shoes as vell if you need zem".

She said before thinking about his question "Zis place vasn't alvays happy, I kame herrre alone, I found all zese people, each of zem surrrvivorrr, it's my task to find people and make surrre zey kan surrrvive, it starrrted vith me only helping few vith supplies and zen making surrre zey knew how to evade demons, till I found supplies needed to starrrt making prrroper kamp forrr morrre people. Zen I starrrted to gatherrrs otherrrs, finding some of ones I firrrst met, Giving zem home. I starrrted to teach zem as vell, firrrst my language as some didn't know it orrr English, zat took longest, but after zat, I took time to teach medicine, farrrming.. zings zey vould need, and soon place grrrew as I found morrre, and zey starrrted to vant to stay aty kamp, when I rrrealized how many verrre staying, how many childrrren zeirrr verrre, I had to change tents. Now zey arrre easy to brrreak down, whole kamp kan be packed up and moved at moments notice, it look lot of time to trrrain everrryone to do it but it vas vorrrth it, has saved everrryone many times." she said looking out at the camp.

One thing Drak would notice, out of all the tents in the camp, hers was one of the smallest with the least comforts, "I also made zem clothing, taught zem to sew and tailorrr clothing to make better use of any skavenged clothing orrr cloth, speaking of which, I need to measurrre you if you vant some new clothing, ill fitting clothing kan kause issues later, prrroper fitting clothing is better" she said as she picked up her measuring string.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 2:29 pm

He would give her a half smile, kind of happy to be listened to despite fumbling over topics and not knowing where to start. Hearing her story, he'd continue to take care of his blade while occasionally taking a peak at her sewing techniques. "I don't pay attention to the style of clothing. I find such thoughts unneeded when trying to survive. I don't want to bother you to make clothes for me. Not when you have so many other people to take care of. Besides.. I don't need a new pair just yet." He motions to his own clothes, which are surprisingly well put together despite the clumsy sewing and patchwork. "However, if you insist on doing so, I'd like to have a pair of gloves that won't inhibit the movement of my hands while also being able to keep them warm... Maybe a nice toque as well?"

After hearing more of her story, he would provide her a sad smile, "It sounds like they really care for you. You've done well as their guardian, that's for sure. I can't begin to imagine what these people's live would be like if it weren't for you. I can't say I'd be the type to help them all like you, but I'm glad to see there are still ethical people in the world." He sheaths his sword before drawing his gun, emptying out the bullets before carefully and expertly taking it apart. He pulls out a small case with a couple of cleaning tools in it before grabbing the barrel of the gun and starts cleaning. "While I may not be an expert in any of my fields of knowledge, I know enough to get by. That's the only reason why I've been capable of living thus far. No people I can call friends to rely on. No family to take care of. Only living off the land, scavenging what I can where I can. I've seen more shit than any one person would care to see without recurring nightmares.... So I'll be honest.." He pulls the brush out of the barrel and blows into it to push out any more loose debris before setting it down and grabbing the revolver chamber, "I have a nihilistic view of things. I don't care about the things you call gods or whether someone lives or dies. While I may not hold resentment for how happy everyone is, I'm not so cruel as to say that there is nothing to be happy about."

He sighs and sets down his tools before looking up and holding out his hands and wrists with a slight smile, "But I'm also not so heartless as to say thank you when someone is doing me a favor. So please take some of your time out of your day to tailor me some gloves, and thank you for all the work you put into making others feel even the slightest bit of happiness."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 3:11 pm

Helanna continued her work as her guest spoke, listening to him as she continued to take some clothing apart to use to make something more suitable, all the clothing was being sorted into matching colors and materials so that the clothing would look good and be comfortable, as Drak motioned to his clothing she looked them over, the rough stitching was slightly frayed, and she noted a few of the more stressed points were worn out, as he mentioned gloves she smiled a bit, that was an easy enough task, and a toque as well? also simple, she had some wool around she could use, as for the gloves a two layered design would work, with the right combination they wouldn't restrict dexterity ether.

Hearing him say he wasn't the type to help people she had to smile a bit, as she took the time to measure his hands, wrists, finger length, where the knuckles were, and then she started on the gloves as she listened to him, slowly sewing the gloves together as he did. Though on hearing he had seen more things then anyone person would care to, she looked to him a moment, but she said nothing for now, letting him finish talking, as she continued to work on the gloves.

He called himself a Nihilist, yet he says he doesn't hold resentment for the happy, nor is he unable to say there is nothing to be happy about, her swift hands quickly finishing the gloves and slipping them onto his hands like a mother would their child. before she moved around him and started to measure his head for the toque still not speaking for now and letting him speak his mind. When he thanked her and finished talking she started to speak, measuring his head, then moving on to measure his upper body as she spoke

"You may not zink style is imporrrtant, but you vould be surrrprrrised effect of having clothing you enjoy and karrre forrr kan have on yourrr perrrsonal Morrral. As forrr clothing? I vould not be offerrring if ve didn't have supplies, as vell as fact zat you seem type to leave once you have taken some rrrest, I von't stop you frrrom leaving... but I vill not let you go vithout rrreplacements at least, as vell as prrroper vell maintained backpack and tent vith sleeping supplies, lone vanderrrer needs zose supplied morrre zen perrrson zat stays in kamp as ones herrre kan get zose zings farrr morrre easily zen lone vanderrrer" she addressed the first of his concerns as she finished taking measurements of his upper body her tone the whole time wasn't angry it was motherly, as if talking to an elder child of her own.

Moving down to take measurements of his waist and legs she continued to address what he said. I do karrre forrr people herrre, and zey karrre forrr me, it not harrrd to imagine what zeirrr lives verrre like beforrre meeting me, likely zey had much same life you had, living day at time, avoiding danger, finding food wherrre you kould, clothing wherrre you kould, bathing only if you zought it vas safe enough she said as she finished measuring him and started to tailor some clothing for him, though she continued "As forrr you not being type of perrrson to help zem? You say zat, yet you verrre zerrre to help Abzu when you kould have left, you sell yourrrself shorrrt you arrre farrrm morrre ethikal zen you accept zat you arrre, but otherrrs arrround you vill see it" she said with a kind motherly smile.

Though as she continued to sew together a new coat for him, as well as new clothing, she looked up to him her hands still working expertly at what she was sewing even as she wasn't looking at it "You many not karrre forrr gods, but zey vill karrre forrr you, when you leave I vill prrray forrr yourrr safety same I prrray forrr safety of everrryone I meet and zose I yet to meet, and forrr prrrotection and safety of zose zat arrre beyond my rrreach at moment. Don't vorrry I vill not go into serrrmon, I vill just say zose zat believe vill still prrray forrr you. As forrr not karrring if someone lives orrr dies.. again you helped Abzu when she vas trrrapped, and if I verrre to die... vould you prrrotect zese people? find zem safe place in my stead? I do not know... and you need not ansver, I choose to believe you vill.. I choose to believe in kind hearrrt zat is vithin you, Kompassion zat makes you human" she put the shirt down and started on the pants next continuing her swift work as she continued.

"I put faith in humanity you have, kindness I have seen out of you alrrready, you arrre to Optimistic to be nihilistic, you arrre happy forrr otherrrs, you vorrry forrr zem if one zat prrrotects zem isn't zerrre, you know zerrre is rrreason to be happy even in times like zese, you zank otherrrs forrr zeirrr help... you need to be less harrrsh on yourrrself... frrrom what I have seen... ve arrre few zat kan fight demons... ve kan prrrotect zese people... end demons zat thrrreaten zem... frrrom what I feel frrrom Asclepius, he healer, not fighter, while he does give me strrrength to fight, he does not have skills you have shown when ve fought demons attacking Abzu" she finished the pants and laid them near Drak as she spoke.

She then took the backpacks she had ready and started to use them to make a stronger and larger one for someone of Draks size as she looked out at the people in the camp "I vould give my life to prrrotect zese people... I have fought against grrroups of demons zat trrried to attack zis kamp once beforrre, bullets frrrom my veapon did niet damage zen... it only forrrced zem back frrrom amount of ammunition and velocity of it as I hit zem, but it vas enough to buy time... had it been needed I vould have stayed and died to buy zem time to eskape" she said with a kind smile before looking to Drak "Much like I vould forrr you, orrr Abzu, orrr Beverrrly, orrr another I have met named Cherrry... Ve arrre childrrren under gods, and I vill not turrrn my back to any.. now... supper vill be rrready soon... go vash up and have bath, ve have rrresourrrces forrr zat.. I vill have someone get you when food is done, so enjoy yourrr time in bath" she said kindly

She then took out a full weapon maintenance kit "Ve vill talk morrre after yourrr bath, and if you vant you may leave yourrr veapon herrre forrr full maintenance, as I quite kapable gunsmith" she said as she looked over and held her hand out for his gun that motherly smile still on her lips
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 9:38 pm

Seeing her patience with him, he gives her the same amount of respect, letting her talk as he listens. He sits still, silently accepting the measuring and the new clothes she makes for him. It's reasonable to accept a gift someone asks you to recieve even if you refuse, so he lets her talk and do her measuring in silent acceptance. When she gets back to sewing, he goes back to maintaining his weapons, making sure there isn't any dirt or grime that can jam it. He accepts the gloves and stretches his fingers to make sure they fit before taking them off and returning to his maintenance, not wanting to get them dirty right after they were made.

"I can see why everyone here cares for you. You're a reliable woman with many talents. Since you won't let me refuse these clothes, I'll gladly accept. However, I must refuse the tent. I much prefer setting up shacks using the materials I find in the surroundings to create some shack, shed, tent, cave, or whatever. And what you said is true... I'm more kind than I give myself credit for because I do that to create potential safe spots for others to come across of for me to come back to." He nonchalantly looks up and meets her eyes before giving her a smile as he picks up the handle of his gun and cracks it open to disassemble the firing pin. "And I already said my thing about Abzu. I did not help her out of obligation. I accidentally came across her and got annoyed at her recklessness. In all fairness, I should have left her as is." He chuckles to himself and returns his gaze to the firing mechanism of his gun, cleaning and filing it. "But being the hypocritical bastard I am, I gave in and decided to help."

Once everything was all cleaned up and oiled, he would slowly put the pieces back together, closing the casing and dry firing without the barrel or revolver chamber attached to make sure one of the pieces didn't become faulty while he tried cleaning it. Once he made sure it was safe, he proceeded to continue to reassemble the gun. "Just because of my lingering kindness doesn't mean I'm optimistic. There may be good in the world, but from what I see, there is just as much evil. But that also brings up the question of what truly is good or evil? There is, after all, a very fine line. What we may call good now may become evil later and vise versa. Kill for the sake of good, or Murder for the sake of evil? That's how it is, but what if I say 'Murder for good' and 'Kill for evil'? It doesn't sound as pleasant. I'm not a holy man, so I say thanks for you not preaching, but to hell with your gods... That is to say, I much prefer the teachings of the Eastern Countries. Yin and Yang, the belief of all things equal. Life and Death. They harbor one another, protect each other, maintaining balance in the world. Your gods do nothing but stir trouble while their Buddhist ways have developed their own method of inner peace."

Holstering his gun, he continues to sit across from Helanna, wanting to continue this conversation, and sighs, "If you do pass, for whatever reason, I'll send you off with a proper burial of your choosing. That is the least I can do for a woman like you. However, I can't say I'll become these people's guardian. If you need help, I will help. When you're gone... I'll help in whatever way I can, but only out of a debt of gratitude. That's as much as I owe you for this talk alone. But I'll only keep that promise until I can find someone else to take over." Slightly flinching at the mention of Cherry, he chuckles and shakes his head, "I guess I also owe you for being the one that made her an optimistic holy woman? Though she's not a bad girl, she's quite naive and ignorant of the ways of the world."

He looks at her hand and acknowledges her offer but gently shakes his head, "Though I don't doubt your talents, this is an old gun I scavenged overseas, so I doubt you've seen, let alone handled, one of these. It may be a single-action revolver, but it's still a foreign made gun. I'm talented enough to maintain its upkeep, so I'll politely decline. If I need a new part for it, then I'll bother asking you, but until then, let me at least refuse this one request."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 10:50 pm

She smiled at him as he replied, he was aware he was saying things he already acted against and she could see he was somewhat stuck in that thinking, though seemingly aware of it, she wouldn't press to much, it would take time for him to see the good in him and be willing to accept it. though he disrespected the gods... at least some of them, but seemed to prefer others she didn't lose that patient motherly smile, she only listened kindly, not snapping at him for his words, they were words after all, and he was free to believe if he wished, though it seemed even as he said that he spoke of his belief. Though he seemed to assume she only preyed to one god or a specific set of gods, though she still didn't speak up yet and let him continue.

him saying he would help the people till he found someone better, that made her smile with a proud motherly smile, he spoke as if he wouldn't, and he even made an excuse that he would do it only as thanks for the things she gave him, again he was selling himself short, trying to make himself sound more selfish then he was, it would take time for him to admit to himself, she could see that, but she would help him, but pressing for now wasn't the way. It would have to be done in time.

He then mentioned Cherry and she smiled nodding to his question but not saying anything as of yet as she let him speak, though when he said she likely hadn't seen or handled the weapon in his hands she let him finish before she started up.

"I do not vorrrship any specific Gods, I vorrrship all of zem, gods trrry zeirrr best to prrrotect and guide us, zey arrre not as all poverrrful as people assume hovever, especially in times like zese, zey have so many to help after all, zat is why ve must do ourrr best to help each other, so zat Gods my help zose ve kannot rrreach. Hovever I vill rrrespect yourrr vish to not hearrr serrrmon" she said about the gods first but she moved on swiftly enough, nothing soured a person to the Gods more then a Sermon they didn't wish to hear after all.

"I do zank you forrr zat, it komforrrt to know I vill get one once I pass, and I zank you forrr yourrr parrrt of taking karrre of zem if I do, and I zank you forrr offer of help and vill gladly accept it if it needed" she continued, as she replied to each thing he brought up that she thought she should address. "As forrr Cherrry, da I taught her about Gods, she kind girrrl, kurrrious girrrl, and when I firrrst met her she seemed alone... I happy to hearrr she doing vell. I do hope zings I prrrovided forrr her have been of use to her" she said as she started to fold the extra clothing she had finished for Drak putting them into a neat pile.

Then finally came to the firearm, and she looked at Drak with a glint in her eye "Kolt model 1860 Arrrmy patterrrn, kap and ball single action rrrevolver put into serrrvice durrring Amerrrikan civil varrr, used as side arrrm by zeirrr infantrrry, Navy, Arrrtillerrry, and Kalvarrry, frrrame is based off .36 kaliber 1851 Navy rrrevolver zough rrrevorrrked to accept .44 Kaliber rrrounds rrroughly 129,730 units verrre prrroduced. Zerrre arrre verrry few varrriations on 1860 Arrrmy RRRevolver, zerrre vas limited prrroduction of 7.5-inch barrrel model below serrrial number 3500, and lightened model vith cylinder flutes below serrrial number 8000. known as 'Texas Model' bekause number of zem kame into Texas shorrrtly after secession. It used silver sprrring steel of kontrrrolled karrrbon kontent and grrreater strrrength, but zinned cylinder prrroved inadequate and sometimes exploded.... I kan tell yourrrs is nether varrriant by look of housing and length of barrrel, hovever if you put it together yourrrself Cylinder may be less adequate zinner verrrsion, which I kan check vith serrrial number if intact, and if not I have kaliperrrs and I know prrroper rrrequirrred zickness of Cylinder" she said as she smiled that motherly smile at Drak
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyMon May 24, 2021 11:42 pm

He chuckles at how patient she is with him. Keeping quiet, he listens to her mention her gods before pausing her briefly. "And I thank you for not going into preacher mode. I do apologize if I offended you in any way with what I said about your gods. I just never had good experiences with the religious type and the so called gods they try to force down our throats. I can tell you're not like those other types. And I already heard of your beliefs from Cherry. Of how you're here to help where the Gods cannot. While I commend your oportunistic behavior, it's still not something I can readily put myself behind. Especially not with a group as large as this."

Letting her continue, he sits quietly, nodding along with what she says, kind of happy with how motherly and patient she has been to him. Figuring it was her that taught Cherry, he chuckles. Though he isn't the type to openly show his emotions, this motherly woman somehow broke those defenses. Her thick, heavy accent made him remember of some old documents on bears. Her words, her height, all surprisingly fitted with the protective nature of a mother bear. And as he's the imaginitive sort, he couldn't help but chuckle to himself at that image, knowing she'd make a great mother herself, or rather already is a mother of a thriving nomadic group.

Sitting quietly, he lets her say her things, but once she finished, he noticed the strange glint before realizing his fault as she not only named off the model but also why kind of gun it was, when it was used, and various other information he both knew and didn't know. He was absolutely shocked, words wouldn't come no matter what he tried to say. He knew of the calliber and the rough dimensions of the guns and its history, but the info about how many units were produced, the serial numbers, even the inadequate cylinder types were new to him. With absolute surprise and shock on his face, he quietly handed over the gun before clearing his throat and looking a bit embarrassed. "I... Don't know if the serial number is still intact or even on the cylinder, but it's a modified chamber that I found that was made and designed to house .44 bullets instead of the cap and ball design of the orignal model. I imagine it's supposed to be a newer design meant to accomidate said bullets instead of lagging behind with combat efficiency, given how it's already slow to reload."

He'd try to avoid her gaze and her smile, though unsuccessful at it. Sighing, he could only rub his neck out of embarassment. "That is clearly my own mistake for assuming you didn't have knowledge over foreign made guns. Especially ones with designs as old as this one. I'm truly amazed. Your knowledge over such things far exceeded my expectations. I should have guessed considering the things you've brought to the people of this camp, but still... That's truly amazing. What other hidden knowledges do you possess, I wonder? Don't get me wrong.. I won't go praising you like a god, but considering you have knowledge like that, I'm absolutely dumbfounded at what other potential thoughts that may lie in your head. I'm no scholar, but I do enjoy learning in whatever fields I can. I certainly lack in many fields, but I've also never recieved extensive knowledge such as what you've just said. I'm truly amazed..."
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyTue May 25, 2021 12:13 am

As he handed over the gun and mentioned it was a modified Cylinder she looked at it and started to take the gun apart quite quickly, her hands moving rapidly as she sorted the pieces and took out her tools and started to check them starting with the Cylinder "Hastily modified parrrts forrr veapon, may seem like good Idea, hovever due to differrrences in guns, frrrames, and pover of powder charrrges in rrrounds, it kould lead to katastrrrophic failurrre and vith RRRevolverrrs zat kan be especially dangerrrous as zat kould lead to Firrrearrrm turrrning into Grrrenade in yourrr hand" she said as she began doing measurements on the gun.

After a few moments she nodded to herself and then took out another tool and started to check the Revolver Cylinder "Da ... zis Cylinder vas one of inadequate types made morrre so by incrrreasing of chamber size ... you arrre lucky zat it held up zis long... I have few sparrre parrrts.. rrrefitting zis vill be easy, vith prrroper fourrrty fourrr kaliber Cylinder, vill have to change barrrel and back plate as vell but zose arrre easy fixes... go take yourrr bath, It vill be done beforrre supper is... zen as forrr what else I know I kan tell you zen okay?" she said with that kind smile as she looked to him gently pushing the folded clothes over to him.

"I vill also get yourrr zings rrready forrr packing, and ve kan give zose clothes you arrre vearrring vash as vell, vith zis deserrrt zey should be drrry rrrather quickly once ve set zem to drrry, it's one of rrreasons ve kome herrre to do laundrrry, so zat clothing is not staying out forrr hourrrs and hourrrs after it vashed" she said as she turned to look at the gun again, and the smell of cooking food wafted into the lean-to.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyTue May 25, 2021 12:26 pm

He sighs, kind of reluctant to part with his gun cause he knew the chamber cylinder wasn't as bad as she said it was as he originally found the gun brand new, still in its case, in a ruined gunshop overseas. But he didn't have the heart to judge her. Not after all of the niceties she has given him. He might not know as much as she does, but he wouldn't start a debate over something as silly as this, so he just nods at her words, gets up, and stretches. "Okay, okay. I'll go see if they have the baths prepared. I'll need to wash up before eating what they're serving anyway."

Picking up the newly made clothes, he'd hesitate to go to the door as he looks at his gun in her hands. Sighing and shaking his head, he walks closer to the door and calls back to her, "If you're missing any materials or parts, check my bag. I should have a few pieces of scrap metal and springs suitable for replacement parts. I'd rather you not use anything you might need later."

With that, he exits, leaving Helanna to do her thing as he goes to wash himself up before dinner.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyTue May 25, 2021 2:14 pm

Helanna smiled as he gave in to letting her tend to his gun, as she looked at it, the cylinder was clearly the more unreliable and prone to failure kind, and the Barrel while not needing to be reinforced, she was replacing it due to some wear on the rifling, the back plate needed some reinforcement though but replacing it with a better back plate would simply be faster. As he Drak started to leave she smiled up at him "Don't vorrry, I have lot of rrreplacements forrr smaller parrrts like zese, but if needed I vill check yourrr zings forrr any extrrras I may rrrequirrre, now go rrrelax bit in bath, I vill have someone get you when supper is rrready" she said in that motherly tone as she waved to him and then started on her work.

As she worked she hummed to herself taking out the cylinder and putting it aside as he grabbed a stronger one, chambered for .44, and making sure it will fit the frame, once the check was done she replaced the barrel as well, and the backplate, fitting everything back together and making sure to oil it properly as well as make sure any dirt or fowling was dealt with, all things considered Drak had done a good job with what tools he had and she would have to commend him on the work it was very well done especially with the limited tools he had.

After she reassembled the gun she dry fired it and nodded then she took out a round and slipped it into the cylinder indexed the bullet and put the safety on before getting out of her lean-to, "Tell everyone not to worry, I am simply testing a gun I repaired" she said to one of the children who ran off to tell everyone, she then walked to the edge of camp where she waited a moment to let the news spread then she aimed at a dead tree and fired, the gun went off perfectly and she smiled as the thing was in perfect working order now.

Before the gunshot rang out someone went to the bathing area when Drak was already inside the bath "Umm.. Miss is test firing a gun, so if you hear shooting that is here making sure the gun works... also we are taking your clothing to wash..." the girl said before grabbing his dirty old clothes and taking them to get washed
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyWed May 26, 2021 12:41 am

Once Drak reaches the bath, he would quickly strip and put his old clothes in a separate basket while storing the new clothes somewhere safe and taking a towel. Lowering himself into the hot water, he lets out a sigh. Normally he'd be fine with bathing conditions like this, but considering they're still in the middle of a camp, he's a bit uncomfortable with it being somewhat 'open' for anybody. He sighs and tries to forget about it, somewhat dozing off due to the warmth and not hearing the girl enter and say something before leaving. Hearing the familiar ringing of his gun being fired, he'd sink lower into the water and blow a few bubbles before muttering "I pray she doesn't mess with it too much. There's nothing worse than someone modifying something of yours without full consent...."

After soaking for awhile, he reaches over and grabs the small back he brought with him to the bath and pulls out a few mint leaves. Looking into the almost empty bag, he sighs again, "Damn it... Looks like I'll have to forage for more at some point." Crushing the leaves and tossing the bag to the side, he drops the leaves into the bath to soak before grabbing a leaf and rubs it against his body.

Once he was done with the bath, he would dry himself and put on the new clothes before heading out and looking for food. Once he finds where they're serving some, he'll find an empty table and sit down, waiting for the kids and elderly to get their share first, followed by waiting for the rest of the inhabitants of the camp. Though hungry, he's not shallow enough to deprive the others of their resources until they've had their share. As he waits, he folds one of the mint leaves in his possession and carefully nibbles on it to stave off his hunger. As he does so, he begins to wonder where Helanna went as he hasn't hear a bullet fire for awhile.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyWed May 26, 2021 3:43 pm

Checking the gun a few times to make sure none of the pieces came loose, she nodded as it was all done, and she started to clean it once more after the test firing, taking her time as she could smell the food being cooked and smiling at how well the camp was running, things had been going especially well for a long time and they looked like they would continue to go well now that people were gaining the ability to defeat demons, even if it was a small number, it was more then they had before, she only needed to figure out how to have others gain such a power as she had gained, that way there would be more people able to defend themselves, if not that, then it would simply come down to dealing with the demons until an area was freed, though that would take much longer.

Reassembling the weapon she double checked everything and then started to make a more comfortable holster for the weapon, something that would be more easily reached and more secure to wear then simply placing the gun in a pocket, which didn't take her long, she simply needed to alter some leather work, and make it secure leaving it unloaded. She then got up and headed for the communal eating area. When she got there, everyone had their bowl but no one had taken any food yet, and she nodded to them as she walked to the pot.

"Zank you forrr vaiting, I vill be doing zis prrrayer in English so ourrr guest may underrrstand me, zough he knows yourrr language so you may speak vith him in zat if it easier forrr you all" she said with the same kind smile she always seemed to have before raising her hands so they were just over the large pot "Gods zank you forrr keeping zose ve kannot rrreach safe, please aid zem in zeirrr surrrvival, and may ve soon find otherrrs whom ve kan aid, Zank you forrr food ve have found, vater zat sustains us, and kompany zat ve find ourrrselves sharrring vith each other" the prayer was quick and simple as she usually tried to keep it, and she then started to serve everyone.

She ended up server Drak last but he got the same portion of the stew that everyone else got, though he would notice that what was left in the pot wasn't enough for a full portion and Helanna served herself last and went to sit by their guest "I have finished yourrr gun, I have made surrre zat veight is niet differrrent, I rrreplaced trrrigger forrr morrre smooth one, just as firrrm but now it doesn't have zat small hitch in it zat old one had, it may take time to get used to zat, back plate has been rrreplaced vith morrre rrrobust one to deal vith incrrrease in prrressurrre frrrom bullet being firrred, and barrrel vas rrreplaced as vell due to RRRifling in old one having vorrrn down to being nearrr useless, Hammer and strrriker pin verrre fine zough so I left zem, and I changed action to double action so zat you kan firrre bit faster, if you don't like it, rrreturrrn to kamp and I kan change it back" she said with a kind smile as she placed the refurbished gun on his lap with the new holster she had prepared for him.

"Now what did you vant to ask me about?" she said with a kind smile.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyWed May 26, 2021 11:28 pm

Drak sits patiently, slowly chewing his mint leaf as he messes with spring loaded wind up toy. With a little tinkering, he'd get the pieces to where they needed to go before carefully winding it up and releasing it. It would slowly move an inch before the head pops off and a couple of springs pop loose. Once this happens, he picks it up and goes back to messing with it, changing the positioning of a couple of the springs and realigning a couple of the gears inside it. He'd keep on messing with it, drawing the attention of a few kids, before putting it away when the food began being served. And though he was not religious, he knew the customs, did a short bow and folded his hands, waiting for the prayer to end before silently muttering an 'Amen'. He's not one to go without manners, nor did he think the others would appreciate it if he ignored their customs. Noting what Helanna did with the food, he would sigh and wait for her to come seat herself before grabbing her bowl and swapping it with his. "You shouldn't be doing that. Feed yourself first. I may be a guest, but you're their guardian. I know I promised to help look after them in case something happened to you, but I won't tolerate it if you become sick over malnutrition while I'm still your guest."

When she hands back his gun, he'd give it a quick once over, noting the changes as she mentioned them, a bit upset when she said it was changed to a double action. Sure it makes things easier on his thumbs, but it's not like he used it so often that making it double action made much of a difference. "Thank you for fixing it up for me. Can't say I enjoy turning it to double action, but I'll give it a try. It just looses most of its rustic feel when so much gets changed all at once... Though I'm a bit surprised you happened to have a spare barrel lying around. Normally you'd require specialized tools to make a new barrel with rifling." He then takes a look at the new belt, admiring the craftsmanship. Considering the time she took to make it, he reluctantly accepts it, handing her his old holster belt, which was still in reasonably good condition and didn't need a replacement as of yet. "Though I did not need it, I'll say thanks and accept. You can have my old one to use however you see fit."

He'd look at the bowls of food again to make sure she didn't swap them back while he was looking at her craftsmanship. Before she could get the chance to do so, he'd glare at her and take a bite out of it, showing no intention of letting her have the smaller portion. Swallowing the food, he'd keep his eyes locked on her, "Ask? I don't really have anything I'd like to ask. I can see for myself you and your people are doing well for themselves. I mostly only came to you for some light hearted conversation and to learn more about this camp. From the gist of it, where I see it, you're the motherly sort. You love helping others and are quite religious. And I wasn't expecting to when I came to talk with you, but even I opened up a little to you."

He eyes her up and down, trying to get a feel of what to ask. "So Russian? Considering that this is the fallen world of Paris, I will probably be correct in assuming you're not from around here? And considering your extensive knowledge on various topics, you're from some sort of specialist background that trains and indoctrinates their people to do certain things. So I guess a quest..." He stops midsentence before covering his face with his hand as his ears glow red from embarassment. "Sorry... I shouldn't be staring so intently at a mature woman such as yourself... But yeah, the question... What exactly is your objective here? If you don't mind me asking?" His eyes go back to the bowl of stew, barely meeting Helanna's eyes as he eats and listens to the reply.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) EmptyThu May 27, 2021 12:37 am

She watched as he traded bowls with her, and then reprimanded her, she only smiled at the gesture, Cherry had done much the same when she tried to make sure they got a good meal while at their camp, she didn't try to trade the bowls back but she didn't eat from the traded bowl right away, she waited as she let him talk and while he was distracted by looking at his gun, and the Holster she made for him she leaned her bowl closer to his and use her spoon to quietly scoop stew out of her bowl and into his to make sure he got the majority again before he noticed, and when he picked up his bowl and started to eat she just smiled that motherly smile at him as he glared at her.

"If you vish, I kan change it back to single action, I changed it to double action bekause I zought it vould be morrre useful to you if you had to fight demons again... if you vish I kan give you some sparrre tools, and parrrts and teach you how to change it yourrrself beforrre you leave? zough it vould take some time to learrrn it prrroperrrly" she said as she ate her now more empty bowl not letting on to what she did with the food to make sure he ate a filling amount.

She then looked to the holster he gave her and she nodded "I vasn't surrre if you had one, If zis one you had is imporrrtant to you, I kan fix it up instead so you kan keep zis one, I simply vanted to make surrre you had rrright gearrr if rrrequirrred, and didn't vant to go digging thrrrough yourrr zings to find out" she said with that same caring smile as she looked at the Holster he had given over.

"Vell you seemed surrrprrrised at my amount of knowledge, I Trrrained in Medikal knowledge, Chemistrrry, Tailorrring and Seving, Gunsmithing, and Teaching, and Da I frrrom Vault in Gerrrmany, Valhalla Vault in Berrrlin to be exact, and you arrre close, not rrreally quest, mission, I vas trrrained as Norrrn, to go out on surrrface and help people surrrvive, I vas tasked vith doing so herrre in Parrris, zough I not best in kombat... as forrr helping otherrrs, even if it vasn't task I vas trrrained forrr, I vould still do it, in times like zis, ve should trrry to help otherrrs, and poverrrs ve gained, while I vill not tell you what to do vith yourrrs, I vill say zat I vill use mine to help people as much as I kan" she said with a kind smile at him then she noticed his blushing as he apologized.

"Don't vorrry, you vill find someone yourrr own age I surrre, some of girrrls yourrr age arrround herrre have been taking notice of you after all" she said with that kind smile though she didn't linger on the topic and moved on so he wouldn't be to embarrassed "As forrr goal of me... at firrrst it vas simply to help people surrrvive herrre as best as I kould, till ve found vay to fight back, zen at least zerrre vould be people to fight forrr and to help in fight if zey vanted, but it vas morrre imporrrtant to prrreserrrve as much life as possible... and da.. I vas trrrained but I rrreally had niet specialist Backgrrround, I vas simply member of Vault, and when I vas old enough I Volunteerrred, zough verrre I vas going vas decided by higher ups in Vault at time" she said with that kind smile as she answered him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)   A time to rest (Helanna and Drak) Empty

Back to top Go down

A time to rest (Helanna and Drak)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next