Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Goemon

Goemon

Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) Empty
PostSubject: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 4:27 pm

God this place is dead at night. Alex said to himself as he roamed the halls of the .S.S. Philemon. It seemed that no matter how hard alex tired, he just couldn't get a good night's rest. There was just so many things going on in his head he couldn't fully relax, let alone relax enough to fall alsleep. So, once again, alex would go out on a midnight walk to get his mind off things. I wonder if i'll run into anyone? It wasn't out of the question, after all he ran into cain the other day. And he had a chat with tykal when he first got here, so alex would not be surprised at all if he ran into someone. After a bit of walking alex stopped and looked up at the ceiling, before speaking to himself. I wonder if i should buy some more plugs? If he was going to be fighting demons all the time, he could use more fire power. Then again teufel was doing just fine, and he could spend the money on making him stronger. Hmmmmm Alex sat down on the floor, and started to think more in depth about what to spwnd his money on.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 6:29 pm

Having spent a good portion of the late evening staring up at the ceiling without it serving him any good purpose, Grimm had decided to just get out of the room he was staying in and maybe find something to occupy himself elsewhere on the ship. Maybe he could even just watch someone do their thing for the entertainment, assuming he found people awake at this time. Then again, a lot of the residents weren't human, so it'd be faulty of him to assume everyone actually slept at night hours. Plus, space was always dark, meaning regular day and night cycles were less prominent anyway.

Alas, while he had expected to see some people, he certainly hadn't been planning to come across that brash human kid on his way through the halls. Bad luck perhaps. Not to say that Grimm hated the guy, but Alex by all means got on his nerves a lot in the times they did get to interact earlier. That kind of immature attitude wasn't going to serve the kid well in a place like this. It made him wonder. Was that how humans tended to be before this whole post-world apocalypse struck and made things more serious for almost everyone? He didn't know the others from the 'past' well enough to come up with a solid theory yet, but it felt like it could be the case. Sure, he considered most of the humans he had been stuck on a ship with prior to this mess fools too, but in a very different way. They weren't childishly immature and temperamental...they just seemed like they were losing their marbles over their high and mighty dreams for the future. And he lacked proper contact with other human groups around the space until now. This one was not making the greatest impression on him, sadly. Though the trigger happy woman seemed a little better perhaps. Maybe if she lost a bit of her hastiness, she'd be a good company to work with.

Right, to deal with the present situation however. "....not sleeping?" He'd speak up with a question eventually, after drilling his gaze through Alex in silence for a moment. He had no idea how to get through this run in without it exploding too much. He had wanted entertainment, but he wasn't exactly in a mood for a big argument in case the guy was still mad or something.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySat Apr 25, 2020 7:12 pm

Huh!? Alex jumped back a bit, it was clear that he wasn't expecting grimm to talk to him. But he quickly regain his composure, and would turn around to talk to grimm. Yeah, i haven't been able to get a good's night rest since i got here. Alex said awkwardly, as he rubbed his arm a bit. Grimm would be able to tell, that alex was uncomfortable. He wasn't sure if grimm and tequila where still mad at him or not, after everything had calmed down alex could see why they got mad at him, and he wasn't mad at any of them anymore. Well...... He wasn't mad at grimm or teq. He still doesn't know what to think of the penguin girl, and he was still very much pissed off at axis. Sooooo. Uhhhhhhhhh, you where teleported here too right? Did you have a module before this? Or did they give you one? Alex wasn't really sure what he should do in this situation, so he just tried to make up some small talk to pass the time.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:00 pm

Was that...so?

"Is there a reason for that, or is it just because this place is foreign?" Unless he was mistaken, not sleeping properly could have rather negative consequences for humans. Which sounded like a bad variable to add onto this kid's already careless attitude. The guy would really kill himself one of these days, and that was something to say considering they've only been here for a short while at this point. That said, Grimm was well aware that Alex didn't appear to be the most comfortable with this conversation, but he hadn't truly expected this impromptu chat to be an easy one from the moment he noticed the guy. After what happened, the unspoken tension was kind of a given.

Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) GvNjL7J

"Yeah, I had one. I used to be a sort of a bodyguard for a community of humans of a different spaceship before." There wasn't much use in him lying about things. Even if it was easily possible due to almost anything being a possibility in this time and age, he was no point in it. They could be trapped here for a long time depending on how complicated the situation was, so he figured more personal information was going to come up sooner or later for most people. Especially if it continued the way it has so far. "I'm guessing you used to live a chill life before this? You seem to carry that attitude."
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 8:40 pm

To be honest, i think its a little of both. This place is dark all the time, and that doesn't help things at all. But, i think its mostly just because so much has happend in the past few days. What about you? You having a hard time sleeping? Alex raised his eyebrows when grimm said something about being a bodyguard. I can see that, you look really tough. Hell from what i saw of you during that fight, you ARE really tough. He didn't actually see much of grimm, during their fight. He was completely focused on fighting that girl. But he did see some hits land, that he guessed came from grimm. And he knew for sure that grimm blew up the pipes. So do you wanna go back to the ship? Alex couldn't tell how grimm felt about his old job. He seemed to see it as just a regular job, but who knows. He may of liked all those guys. Plus he did say sort of, so he may have did it for free. Uh, yeah i guess you could say that. I didn't have to fight any demons or shadows that's for sure. Alex, turned and looked out of a window for a little longer then he should have, after a while he would pop teufel out of his module and look at it. He would then show the plug to grimm. Hey, why is teufel green? Odd question i know, but it has been on my mind since i noticed it and i cannot get it out of my head. Even of grimm didn't know, he would still be nice to hear his theory on it. Plus its better then them just sitting in silence until one of them left.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:07 pm

Well, that was true. Space didn't follow a day and night cycle in most places. Some planets may still have it if they are near a bright star, but on a spaceship, that was not a luxury people would be afforded. They could still make sure to turn lights on and off specifically in accordance to time, but artificial light was a little different in the end. Factually, at least. Being a machine, Grimm wasn't entirely sure of the effects of natural light and all that experience-wise, and 'sleeping' the way living beings did was not a concept he knew personally. "The situation is certainly not a pleasant one. No though...I don't exactly sleep the same way you do." It wasn't exactly comparable for the most part. He'd find himself giving the guy a somewhat amused look. "What makes one 'look' tough?" To his knowledge, one's appearance didn't necessarily tell a whole lot about how strong or capable they actually were.

"I don't particularly care either way. Most of them were annoying fanatics. I cannot say whether living here would be better yet however, so my opinion is neutral for the time being." Outside of rare exceptions, he didn't care a lot about the majority of those guys, so not seeing them again would hardly cause him much grief. At the same time, it wasn't guaranteed he'd like it here more, so saying whether he wanted to go back or not at this point in time would be too early to be a definitive answer. "So what you're saying is that back in your time, life was a lot safer then?" That would certainly explain why some people weren't taking this seriously enough yet. They'd likely have to if this kept up, however.

Tilting his head a little, Grimm would eye the plug that was being shown off, shrugging lightly after a moment of thinking. "If my knowledge serves me correctly, it has to to with the type of the plug. There are several categories a plug could fall into. Each has its own unique traits that the other type doesn't. The color depends on that. I don't know all the details though. I've only used mine sparingly before this, and never had the need to test out various kinds and what exactly they do." Given the one he used had the ability to give a special power up under pressure, he would logically assume the other kinds had some other tricks they provided, but he had not studied that in depth before. Maybe he would need to now though.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptySun Apr 26, 2020 9:36 pm

Oh really? How do you sleep then? He was curious what grimm meant by that. Maybe he was a alien that looked like a human, or his plug let him go without sleep. Like how's matty plug could let her scan enemys. Or maybe he was a ASSW? It wasn't out of the question, all of the robots he had met so far looked human. So grimm could easly be one. I don't know man, your just kinda buff ya know? You got them big ass shoulders, your arms are kinda bulky. You just look like you could beat anyone of us in a fight ya know? Well without plugs. Not sure about with plugs though. Those things are powerful if you use them right. Alex nodded. Kinda yeah. We didn't have to worry about demons and shit, but there was still some "not so fun shit" going on in old earth. I will say though, anti space has a lot of spooky shit. Alex listened to grimm talk about plugs, and after he was finished he would put teufel back into his module. Ok so. Like its when johhny fused with his plug to become jusrass right? Oh wait shit, you didn't see that did you?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 8:27 pm

"What I meant by that is that I can technically pick when to sleep reliably, so I don't suffer from being unable to get rest despite wanting to." That was no lie. Being able to just switch off was a lot more controllable than the sleep cycles of living beings. He would never struggle with insomnia or anything like that under normal circumstances. He didn't think machines could have issues like that, unless it came from a system malfunction, but that could simply get fixed once noticed. As for the sudden speech about how 'buff' he was, Grimm would furrow his brows slightly in response. That...was not what he had expected to hear. Did he even? Well, maybe he looked more fit than an average human, but he certainly wasn't terribly bulky. Maybe it had to do with his height being on the taller end too?

"I won't deny that you wouldn't want me to punch you. That'd probably be worse than what Axis did to you back there. I don't think human bodies do well with being struck by thick metal." He wasn't about to test that theory, but he would bet it'd hurt a lot more, and even more so if he applied some good force to it too. He could probably break some bones easily enough if he tried to. "Well, it may come off dangerous with demons crawling around, but I personally think people can be equally as dangerous themselves. You never know when someone decides to attempt murder of some sort. No being is exempt from choosing to do evil acts, or going out of their way to terrify others." Of course, people feared what they didn't understand more, so perhaps it was to be expected that demons and shadows would be seen as the super spooky thing right now.

He'd give Alex a questioning look. "Probably? I know I can't exactly fuse with mine, so I would guess that's a special ability of sorts. And no, not really. Heard a little about what was happening, but we got busy fighting off the demon girl very quickly, so we had no time to watch you lot." Couldn't have done that battle and watched at the same time, even if the scanner girl likely could have shown them a video feed. The circumstances hadn't been in favor of that however.
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue Apr 28, 2020 8:56 pm

Oh really? Man that sounds sweet. Wish i could fall alsleep like that. Alex hummed a bit and gave grimm a curious look. Oh so your a ASSW? That's cool. So like, what metals are you made out of? The normal kind or are you made out of some, high tech space metal? Alex was starting to get curious on how these ASSW's where getting made, there seemed to be quite alot of them roaming about, so he guessed that there not TOO hard to make. Then again maybe they are, but there's like some big space company that made them. Maybe there was a build a ASSW workshop in space. Could be anything really. I mean yeah, people can be evil, assholes too but. When i saw a shadow for the first time without a module. Man i gotta tell you, i felt like i was going to die right then and there. It felt like it was tearing my body apart, just by being around me. Kinda like i was close to a blackhole you know? Alex would just nod his head after grimm finish talking about how he was busy fighting the penguin girl. Alex was staring too feel more relaxed and calm around grimm then before. And he was also starting to feel a bit more tired, alex would now have to fight back the yawns. Before they escape his sleepy mouth.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue May 26, 2020 7:11 pm

Grimm would give the boy a bit of a blank look. "What counts as a normal metal in your perspective?" He could assume, but what did he really know when it came to which metals were commonly used all the way in the past? The classification could have changed over time. "If you must know though, it's a mix of metals. Using only one specific type for a whole structure easily gives it weaknesses that are best avoided." You didn't want to go too lackluster when it came to a machine that was to last living like an actual person. That was rather different from appliances which were usually stuck in one place and only did the repetitive motions they were programmed for. In the same way a human had different kinds of muscles, organs and tools, a sentient robot that was to perform well enough couldn't be made with with just one metal everywhere.

Regardless of that, he'd offer Alex a faint hum at the topic of who was more evil. "Perhaps it is due to the powers that these beings naturally have. There is a reason why modules are necessary for the ability to properly engage them. You were most likely feeling the pressure of their supernatural ability. It is not always absolutely linked to being evil, as you lot have brought a rather friendly demon back with you, have you not? Although, the shadows are generally not smart enough to be capable of choosing beyond attacking whatever is in their sight." They just preyed on whatever was closest, which in itself wasn't as much of an evil act either. It did look like one however.

"I thought you couldn't sleep?"
Back to top Go down
Goemon

Goemon

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) EmptyTue May 26, 2020 7:50 pm

Alex looked at grimm for a second, trying to think of a answer. I...... Am not too sure myself. I guess iron? Sliver maybe? Anything not from earth really, then again some new metals may have popped up during my time away. So i guess that doesn't really help does it? Alex would put his hand up to his chin and would fire off yet another question to old grimmy. So do you have to eat? Or do you have a cable you gotta plug into a socket to charge up? Alex let out a small laugh at his cable joke. After all if grimm was made to be a bodyguard robot, it wouldn't really make sense for him to have a weakness like that. You mean drop bear right? Yeah his pretty chill from what i've seen of him. He did try to kill us though. Then again i killed some of his shadow friend, so i can't really judge. Maybe everything has a little bit of evil in them? Alex gave grimm a small smile. Yeah, i thought that too. But talking with you is helping me relax a little. I don't really deal well by myself, so talking with you is helping me calm down. Or at least that's what i think. Who knows, maybe you're getting sick of me and used a plug to make me tired? Alex's tone of voice made it clear that he was joking about the whole sleeping thing. Although with how much stuff plugs could pull off, it wouldn't be surprising if some of them could put people to sleep. In fact he was pretty sure that SPD put one of them to sleep before. He couldn't really remember who though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)   Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link) Empty

Back to top Go down

Late night talk (Alex and Grimm Social link)
Page 1 of 1