Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Penny

Penny

[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 05, 2020 10:08 am

"...I... I didn't expect all of you to start playing bad cop too..." Matty's face was frozen in shock while they were all talking, just stunned that they latched onto what was essentially her biggest bluff. "...right. Well. One, don't let anyone strip Zeta just for examinations; Two, I don't think we absolutely NEED to examine her and her plug if he doesn't want us to, our only demands should be that they either play nice or get out so we're not put in any more danger by harboring them..."

She sighed and pinched the bridge of her nose. Everyone was angry and she could see that but... well, anything else would look like backpedaling now, but what the hell. Matty would shut off her connection to the monitor and speak directly into Tykal's and Johnny's minds using her Remote View.

"What I was hoping you'd continue with was admonishing me to show Zeta that we're not all bad... but I guess now we just scared them and it's gonna make it harder to even be able to have friendly interactions from now on. Sorry, Zeta, I played the wrong hand..." After her secret communication was done, Matty's face... did not reappear on the monitor. Nor did her voice continue, but the two of them did at least feel that connection in their minds. She was watching, if silently right now.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 06, 2020 3:22 pm

Zeta frowned at Tykal. They eyed him with such vivid hatred, harsh enough to show they wanted him dead at that moment. "You wouldn't be able to read any data on Proteus anyways. Not with you primitive tech, where'd you get this ship anyways? The engines are really weird in this thing."

"It might be old but it's running, is it not?"

"Barely."

They turned to Johnny afterwards. "I royally fucked you? First off, I have nothing in my pants. Second of all, that's just life. I crashed by accident but took the opportunity. It happened. Saying I'm sorry about it changes nothing." They said. "And please, like I'd leave a tracking device active inside me. If I managed to cut the link to the hivemind, then you can be sure I destroyed any and all means that they could track me. Well aside from the robots that followed me and you failed to throw into Anti-Space while you had the chance!" They retorted. However, their stance grew more relaxed as Johnny continued. Matty's commentary added to this relaxation of tensions in the air as Zeta gestured towards her image on the screen with their head, since their hands were tied. "See that's how you treat a guest. No touching for examinations and we'll be fine. And in that case, if it's information you want, I can give it."

The Captain nodded and Zeta continued. "I'm taking you for your word. Right so what exactly do you want to know?"
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 07, 2020 6:53 am

Tykal gestured with his hand dismissively and stuck his nose in the air so that his eyes were looking down on Zeta as he spoke, "Scowl all you want it doesn't change the situation." Tykal then sighed crossing his arms as Zeta spoke. He didn't care about the plug in the slightest. The ship however, was damaged by Zeta crashing into it. Naturally it was barely running. Tykal shook his head as Zeta began to boast. The part that got him to frown was the taking advantage of the situation part and refusing to say sorry. "You'd be wise to remember that it's the victor who writes history Zeta. You lost for all intents and purposes you're at our mercy. If you wish to be ejected because of your pride far be it from me to deny your wishes." Tykals voice scarcely hid the disdain he had for the robot.

Tykal grinned as Matty stated the everyone going bad cop. "I was unaware this was good cop bad cop. I was simply stating my thoughts on the matter. I blame Zeta for the entirety of this mess. That includes not only my presence in this timeline, but the deaths of the crew from the two robots chasing it, and our current state of affairs. I don't intend to buddy up to it just because we want information. I'm sure the feelings mutual." He said staring at Zeta expecting the murderous gaze he got earlier. He took a step back as Zeta began to comply with their initial offer.

Tykal placed his hand on his lip looking down in thought. He was definitely not handling this in a positive way. If he truly wanted to manipulate the situation his tone, stance, and word choice would've been carefully selected to ease the situation. The repercussions his disdain had on the Captain was about his only concern. He assumed the Captain didn't approve of Tykals display. He'd make a mental note to talk to him later and try to mend any wounds he made to his image. No matter how he looked at it Zeta was volatile. A danger if left uninhibited and yet a possible source of information. Tykal in reflection was much akin to Zeta throwing a tantrum just because he disliked the situation but in a much less violent way. Still what words he did choose were meant to sting Zeta. It wasn't worth attacking Zeta directly. If Zeta was akin to human in nature than he might replay the scenario in his head. This would make future interactions with Zeta difficult for Tykal alone. It was best to stop here and stay silent for the time being before he gave Zeta all the ammo he needed to be a full fledged enemy.
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySat May 09, 2020 1:14 am

Johnny was calmed down for the most part and was thankful that Zeta is starting to cooperate. But then Tykal decided it was a good idea to run his mouth, it wasn't really worth getting riled up about but Johnny felt somewhat angry with Tykal. Johnny would not be happy if Tykal cost them the interrogation, Johnny said to Tykal in a somewhat stern voice."Tykal can you please shut up." Johnny would take a deep breath and focus on Zeta and have a far more relaxed voice.
"Yeah there are a few things we would like answers on. Ok so first question, how are you able to control shadows? Is it apart of Proteus's power? or is something you can do without Proteus?" Johnny figured that would probably one of the more important questions worth asking since it appeared to be a main point of interest, as the Captian said not anyone could control shadows and tear holes into Anti-Space so this something worth knowing about.

But there was something a little more pressing to Johnny that he wants answers for, the hag, Zeta keeps making a big song and dance of how she didn't want to return to this hag. Johnny could already make some assumptions on the hag, she is likely a member of the hivemind, perhaps like a general of sorts?"Another question I would like answered is who is this hag you keep talking about? From what I can tell, you don't like this person at all, is she some sort of special Hivemind ASSW?" Johnny once again was a bit concerned about this hivemind, he can boast all he wants that Daniel's craftsmanship is on par with current era technology, but it would be a really really bad idea to dismiss the threat this hag could pose. Johnny was hoping that Tykal didn't jeopardize this entire conversation.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 11, 2020 9:10 pm

Zeta grinned upon listening to Tykal's angry rambling when the guy decided to keep yammering even after they'd agreed to cooperate. "Oh please spare me no don't throw me oooout" They said in a mocking, fearful tone before gesturing theatrically towards Johnny. "Look, the old toaster's got the right idea."

"Anywaysssssss, yeah and no. Well, in simple terms, you need both the hardware and the software, no?" Zeta raised an eyebrow. Their eyes were focused on everywhere but the trio interrogating them, moving across the room's edges. "And also another yes and no. It's not controlling them per se. They're not even actual Shadows. More like just concentrated and controlled Anti-Space. Not that you'd understand the complexities of such a system and I'm currently unable to utilize it either, thanks to you dorks." The Captain placed a hand to his chin listening to this.

"Can you elaborate? To what extent can you manipulate Anti-Space?"

"One question at a time, geez.. Besides, we don't have the whole day. Well then, continuing..." Zeta frowned. "The hag's my mum. She's all us ASSWs' mum. But she's terrible. She just wanted to use me so I ran off, hmph!" They raised their nose up, turning away from the party. "Do this destroy this planet swallow this and that in Anti-Space. LIKE SERIOUSLY."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 14, 2020 10:25 am

Oh, so that explains it, mummy issues. Johnny was happy that this interrogation was finally getting somewhere. Johnny was a little annoyed that Zeta just assumed that he couldn't process complicated Anti-Space stuff but whatever Johnny is finally getting some answers. "I think you are severely underestimating my ability to grasp complex concepts, I think the Captain would like you to explain it a bit more, but I do agree with you in the fact we are a bit pressed for time. Johnny looked at Zeta with an inquisitive gaze trying to gain and maintain direct eye contact "What can you tell me about your Mum other than the fact she is a bossy bitch. Like what's your Mum's name if she has one, and what she looks like? Does she have any special plugs like Proteus we need to be wary of?" Johnny was starting to empathize with Zeta's situation, ignoring the fact s/he can destroy planets and send stuff to Anti-Space, Zeta's desire for freedom and not to be used by his 'Mum' seems pretty human to Johnny. While Johnny's parents were in his eyes good parents he had heard stories from his one of his friends about how their parents were extremely strict with rules to an unreasonable degree. That desire to break free from such a strict environment, it was amazing to Johnny how human-like robots had become since his time.

Johnny needed to know the exact threat level this Hivemind actually posses, he would assume its a high threat level based on what he has heard and what he has seen. Johnny paused for a moment as he remembered one of the earlier questions he wanted to ask Zeta, before they sorta just brushed to the side earlier in a fit of what can now be seen as teenage angst. "Oh before I forget to ask, I wanted to ask about your Serial number on your shoulder 41. Have you seen other Zeta's? Going off from what I can gather I think it would be safe to assume at this point these hypothetical Zeta's would each have their own Proteus plug? Am I right when I say that?" The idea of fighting 40 Full Powered Zeta's each with a Proteus plug didn't sit well at all with Johnny, as the Captain pointed out earlier, the party struggled with a damaged Zeta. This whole Hivemind business just made Johnny feel nervous, the idea there is this collective of machines out there that are making weapons to enslave and destroy countless races of the universe, and for what purpose? Some twisted version of Universal peace? Was it for the sake of dominance? Regardless of the reason, the feeling of dread knowing that this hivemind might be after the ship now is starting to wash over Johnny.
Back to top Go down
Tykal Mahavari

Tykal Mahavari

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2020 9:13 pm

Tykal remained silent watching the situation. He crossed arms and leaned against the metal wall behind him. He held is tongue on probing for any more info and simply waited until he'd need to speak again. Tykal felt an intense anger building in him. Zeta rubbed him in all the ways that made his blood boil and his teeth grit and grind. That was something he'd never portray if it could be helped. For now it was wiser to seethe silently and try to control his violent second side of himself. That raw instinctual impulse to inflict harm on this neon-haired creature was abhorrent and disgusting that it made Tykals stomach swirl with nausea. It was a side of himself he pushed as far back as he could. Despite his efforts not to externalize it, the thoughts, urges, and premeditated scenarios existed in his mind. Even now while he heard Zeta speak brief images of skewering it with his knives would appear in his head like a mental blink. Tykal closed his eyes for a moment as if to reel in his mental state. While his eyes closed he got the image of the falling black feather and heard the voice of Stolas in his head. That same irritating judgmental tone Stolas had. Tykal let out a soft growl growing visibly irritated before taking a deep breath and calming down outwardly.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2020 12:30 pm

"Ok ok whatever." Zeta told Johnny. "You familiar with alchemy? In simplest terms, my system can calculate and run alchemical formulas necessary to disassemble reality itself, leaving only Anti-Space behind. It uses Proteus to do that, as Proteus is a deity associated with alchemy. Simple enough? These same calculations help me manipulate the recreation of space from the materials left over from its dissection, giving me pretty on-point capabilities of redirecting and manipulating the parameters of any Anti-Space leaks I create. Ergo those shapeless shadows. They were just blobs of nonexistence or imaginary space."

They explained, not really slowing down in case someone failed to catch anything. The Captain seemed rather enthralled, though. "Fascinating, truly fascinating. We actually have an alchemist on this ship with us so I am sure they would love to meet you."

"If it'll stop you from throwing me out, sure."

The Captain chuckled. "I think we've already decided not to do that." He answered, prompting Zeta to smirk victoriously.

"Dude you're really stuck on my Plug." Zeta scoffed at Johnny. "But no, the previous models were failures. Implementing and running formulas capable of dissecting reality is a bit like, dangerous and unpredictable, you know? So Zetas from 0 to 40 are all dysfunctional and, from what I know, have been disposed of."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptySun May 31, 2020 12:05 am

Johnny's eyes widen with disbelief "We have Alchemy? Yeah I know what Alchemy is, I am surprised it's still a thing after all this time?" Johnny knew Alchemy was prominent in ancient times and kinda faded out during his era, so the fact it was still even remembered was amazing to Johnny. Johnny would listen to more of Zeta's explanation. The fact plugs could do this sort of thing is amazing to Johnny. Johnny would then add to the Captain's statement about the current plan with Zeta."You'll have to check with Tykal and Matty but I am ok with Zeta staying on the ship, for the time being, I just don't want Zeta to hurt any of the crew. We're "

Johnny would have a sigh of relief upon hearing that the other Zetas aren't going to be a problem "Oh thank goodness, that means we don't have to worry about more Zetas coming after us, just whatever the hivemind decides to use instead. Johnny realized that would mean more blue capes and redheads, oh this was not going to be fun at all, it might make good songwriting material, however. Yeah Yeah a song about the Charles Unit, Dashing Blues yeah yeah, Johnny would have to start writing some songs soon about his experiences with Anti-Space but for now he needs to talk to the Asexual robot in front of them.  "Yeah sorry about harping on your plugs. Plugs are pretty new to me, so I am pretty fascinated when I learn more about them, back where I am from modules and plugs didn't exist and we didn't have to deal with Demons and Personas." Johnny felt like an old Grandpa explaining about his own past and he doubts this will go over Zeta well, but hey it's the truth, Johnny honestly wants to learn more about plugs and what they are capable of, so far he notices that these plugs seem to be based on human mythology and folklore, why them and not some alien mythology? once again Johnny's mind is racing with questions.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 05, 2020 6:50 am

The Captain nodded at Johnny's surprise over alchemy. "It's a big universe. If you want, I'll be happy to introduce you to our resident alchemist at this ship along with Zeta." He said calmly. "Tykal, Matty? Do you two agree with leaving Zeta on board for now?"

Zeta meanwhile scoffed at Johnny. "Yeah. The hivemind goes bonkers over anything alchemy related. They're hoarding formulas so others can't get them. I'm trying to remember why exactly but my data banks are a bit wonky right now so I'm not sure." They said. "I'm the only Zeta around. A bit difficult to replicate such awesomeness as myself." They grinned. Frowning at the other ASSW's excuses over the whole Plug craze, Zeta retorted a bit annoyedly. "It's one thing to be fascinated but a totally different thing to be that crazed over my Plug. Think about others' privacy sheesh. Can you unhand me, by the way?"

"Sure, right after we end this discussion. Anyone have anything more to add?"

"Not me."
Back to top Go down
Phantom of the Chat

Phantom of the Chat

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 11, 2020 9:19 am

Johnny felt like this was a productive conversation he didn't have to much to add to it, Johnny said to the Captain "I would love to meet the alchemist on board the ship, sounds like a fun experience." Johnny is curious to see what alchemists were like as obviously he never met one in his time because back then alchemy was nothing more but a mythological fantasy, but considering that Johnny could summon an Incubus he was starting to throw away his disbelief for the time being.

Well since Zeta seemed a bit huffy about their plug Johnny raised his hands up and said "Alright I'll lay off Proteus then Zeta, I'll keep that in mind for the future reference." Johnny didn't realize one's plugs was a private matter, he was willing to share information on Namtar, but like previously stated plugs were a new thing to Johnny so not only he would have to do more research on the plugs themselves but also how people acted about plugs themselves or maybe Zeta was just being a little bitch, it still didn't distract from the fact Johnny had a fair bit to learn.

Unless the others would intervene Johnny with a smile would say to Zeta "Welcome aboard the S.S Philemon Zeta." Johnny was about to undo Zeta's restraints when he realized something, he never got the key for it, he would then turn to the Captain. "Captain I would assume you have the key, to Zeta's restraints because I sure don't." yeah ok this was a little embarrassing, but whatever the group got to learn about the Hivemind's desire to hog formulas. its a step in the right direction. Now this alchemist has caught Johnny's attention, it almost seems like anything can happen now.
Back to top Go down
Space Overlord Bfroger6

Space Overlord Bfroger6

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 16, 2020 10:18 am

"Oh, the key?" The Captain remarked playfully. "I must've lost it somewhere. Let me just- or well, would you turn around for me, Zeta?" He said, gesturing with his finger in a spinning matter.

"Excuse me!? Don't go melting it away you freak! It's on my wrists!"

"It'll be fine." A blue glove formed over the Captain's right hand. Extending it, a small green flame erupted from his index fingertip, casting shadows upon his face with its dancing tongues. The Captain smiled as Zeta gulped down.

"Watch what you're doing!" They exclaimed as the restraints clacked upon hitting the metal floors. The metal kept sizzling. Zeta held their one good hand up to stretch it a bit before frowning at the Captain, gritting their teeth. "Look you've melted my jacket here!" They shouted, showing a point where their jacket had apparently melted together with their skin at the wrist. The Captain raised his hands up. Johnny would notice the glove to be gone.

"No no, that was like that from before." He said. "I'll buy you a new jacket when we get closer to civilization."

"Nyeh nyeh." Zeta stuck their tongue out. They turned to Johnny. "Yeah, thanks." They said. "There are some tricks I can definitely teach your alchemist to do. Lead me to them and I'll probably stick around their workshop." The Captain nodded in response.

"But first we have to dismantle our robot guests."

"It'll be my pleasure."

[Exit]

[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 Global18
///Zeta - Lust GSL Rank 2///

Zeta Global SL Benefits:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]   [Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

[Chapter #1.1.3 - Impactful Enigma]
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2