Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 4:48 pm

That was the question, wasn't it...? Hmm...
"I believe I have one idea."

_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

It was a time of wind and fire.
Even wielding the mask he had made instead of his own persona, Ribbon wasn't able to withstand his attacks. The flames even overwhelmed his own attacks, rendering them harmless without really even hindering the incoming pyre. That, however, made its own exercise.
It was simple. He wouldn't harm Ribbon, but he would swat down his attacks and evade them.
All Ribbon had to do was tag him successfully - twice, in this case.

It was a learning experience for them both.
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 02, 2019 8:21 pm

Ribbon couldn't help but be surprised as, out of nowhere, Revenant began using a phoenix instead of what Ribbon knew to be named Ankou. Throughout the exercise, fire and wind went around the room, Ribbon moving constantly as he summoned his persona to aid him as best he could, evading attacks far better than dealing them thanks to his martial arts background. Still, while he eventually got a single hit on Revenant, the young terrorist ended up gasping for breath, exhausted and at his limits by the end of it with his hands on his hips, and his head leaned back to breathe in deeply.

Finally, done catching his breath, Ribbon sighed once more, bringing his head down to look at Revenant before offering a satisfied smile. "I... I'll be honest, I did not expect you to have two persona. I'm impressed. Still, I've got a lot to learn... But, thank you. Even if I am exhausted, that was a good exercise, and a bit of training with the unknown for me! Thanks!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 3:00 pm

It was a strange exercise in evasion for him, if for no other reason than that the demons didn't tend to get quite so tricky in their attempts to take him on. Those fights tended to be more straightforward.
In contrast, inexperience aside, Ribbon was pulling out all the stops to hit him. The whole thing ended up being far different than he had expected from that alone, and he'd have had to take far greater efforts in evasion if he didn't have Phoenix to lean on.
That crutch, however, finally faltered as Ribbon landed his blow.
All of it just served to demonstrate that this training was far more necessary than he'd known.

Revenant took long breaths as the session ended, wishing that his sword wouldn't impale the floor if he tried to lean on it. "I wouldn't call it a persona...you do not have a persona made after all, to my knowledge." He shakes his head. "In any case, it is no issue. I believe I learned more than expected as well."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 07, 2019 5:16 pm

At Revenant's explanation that it wasn't quite a persona, Ribbon raised an eyebrow beneath his mask, face in a rather confused frown. Still, he waited for Revenant to finish speaking, before tilting his head, even more confused than he was when he thought there were two personas. Like a timid student, the boy terrorist raised his hand, and at any sign from Revenant that he could speak, or that he didn't need to raise his hand, he spoke up.

"I... Don't quite understand, sorry. But, I guess it will not be a super easy to understand since, having a persona not persona sounds complicated, and probably not the best thing to explain when we have just done the exercise thing and are a bit tired. Still, um, if you do not mind me asking... What did you learn from this? I learned that I still have a far way to go, and a little bit about my powers although not a lot... What about you though? I can not imagine learning much by fighting me..."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 6:11 pm

Revenant shakes his head as his friend puts forth the idea there was little to learn. "A decent few things, Ribbon. I never encountered attacks that subsumed others in such a way before now, for one. More than that though...the human element in fights makes a drastic difference when facing people as opponents." He gestures about the scorched area, marks of the battle about that would no doubt vanish once they left - here, there, and everywhere. "Demons tend to be more...straightforward, in how they use their power. Even Superbia fell into this trap, likely lulled into overconfidence by the power hosting that supposed angel in their frame granted them. Your efforts to overcome my defence required greater efforts in evasion, in awareness, in trying to thwart the attacks that came my way...and they still were not enough to completely avoid harm. If this is what it shall be like to face Cadets or other terrorists, I have more work to do."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:30 pm

At Revenant's explanations, Ribbon put his hand to his chin thoughtfully, taking a mental note of everything that he was saying. Hearing that Superbia fought in a way reminiscent of a demon was surprising and scary to think about, yet, hearing the reminder that the Cadets were the enemy was something else he hadn't quite thought of properly. "Right... The Cadets... Still need to come to terms with the fact we might fight other people to be honest, but, I suppose that can not be helped, right? After all, they believe we are all to be killed or captured on sight... I imagine any attempts at diplomacy would be met with something like, um... Gun bullets. Or fire stuff like your fire bird thing just then."

Looking around the scorched and generally damaged room, Ribbon shrugged slightly. "Still, I see your point. Needing to keep moving was... A lot different than when I awakened, or when we went on that expedition the other night. Still..." Walking up to Revenant, Ribbon smiled and playfully nudged his arm. "I got a hit on you! So, you'll have to watch your back, or I'll catch up to you!"
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 18, 2019 7:48 pm

Revenant nods. "As much as I would like that diplomacy be a viable option...the best we are liable to get on such a front is an offer to surrender before they attack. Which, all things considered, is not great for our aims, nor for our sanctity of mind." It only made sense, really. They were the enemies of the city, the bane of the people, the people trying to tear down the government - at least, where they were concerned. Part of what they were accused of was true, mind, but it would be nice if they were at least willing to hear them out on why they did it.
Maybe they might find a sympathetic ear if they were lucky, but anyone in the government's employ would likely not have their faith in it easily swayed.

Beneath the helmet, he rolls his eyes and nudges him back. "If you are the only thing at my back, I doubt I will have much to worry about, Ribbon."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 19, 2019 12:18 pm

"Right, the whole creepy brainwashing thing... How can anyone think they're doing good when they do something like that?!"

At the return nudge and the comment, gears turned in Ribbon's head, before the boy terrorist emphatically huffed, crossing his arms and looking up at the knight. "Hey! Be careful about that, or I'll catch up before you know it!"

Holding that serious expression - or attempt at it, with his eyes covered by his masks visor - for a moment, Ribbon stood there silent and still. Before giggling and shaking his head, letting the tension in his posture drop with a smile. "But seriously Revenant. Thank you for the guidance."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 11:00 am

"I'm not entirely certain they're aware as to what 'rehabilitation' entails..."

An amused chuckle rings out, a slight metallic echo to the sound, and Revenant looks sidewards at his friend. "Even if you did, I would have naught to worry for. I trust you, Ribbon. So what would I fear your presence covering my back for?"

The dark knight turns, and nods to him. "It is no issue, Ribbon. I am perhaps not so versed in this realm as you appear to give me the credit for being, but I was never so inclined as to leave you in the dark."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 20, 2019 2:49 pm

At what Revenant said next, Ribbon made an audible "Ohhhh" before laughing more. "I see what you mean now! Why didn't you just say it like that in the first place silly?!" He declared, before shaking his head and trying to appear more serious. At Revenant replying to Ribbon's thanks, Ribbon just tried to understand what a lot of what he was saying meant, tilting his head slightly.

"Um... I... Think I understand what you just said but um... Could you translate that into... Um... Understandable words? It might make your point a little better to understand."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 22, 2019 12:58 pm

Revenant pauses at Ribbon's apparent confusion. "...I had forgotten you were not quite so proficient with the language as I was. I suppose it is understandable that you might have found my word choice somewhat arcane...my apologies. It has become somewhat automatic at this juncture." He clears his throat. "It's no problem. I do not know as much as you think, but I was never about to deny you what knowledge or assistance I am able to provide for you."

He pauses, letting out a low hum. "Speaking of which, it may be prudent to teach you any parts of my lexicon - apologies, the words I am using - which you are unfamiliar with. Elsewhere, preferably, so that I may speak normally."
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 2:29 pm

"I seeeee..." The boy terrorist nodded, eyes shut thoughtfully despite the continuing glow of the visor. That made sense, probably. That being said, wasn't arcane like, a magic thing? Wait! Was Revenant like, a ghostly magic man? Was that why the totally not a known entity friend spoke so strangely? Was he possessed?! That made so much sense!...

No, no it didn't.

As he explained that he would explain at a later date, Ribbon nodded even more, before shrugging. "That also makes sense. I think... Still! We'll have to train more often! Keep you on your tip toes and all that!" He declared, grinning up at Revenant.
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:23 pm

An ominous feeling descends over the area as Revenant speaks up in an amused, wry tone. "I am not the only one who needs to stay aware."
The only further hint of what was coming was the shifting of Revenant's mask into the horned helmet that signified his use of Phoenix, as he blurred away in a flash of motion and sent a blast of flame into the space beside his friend. "Next session starts now, Ribbon. And I shall be aiming for you, this time."

--> [EXIT]
Back to top Go down
TheRedRibbon

TheRedRibbon

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 24, 2019 4:28 pm

The confusion quickly turned to alarm as Ribbon quickly tried to hurry himself into getting ready.

"Yikes!"

[Exit]
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)   Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Training Wheels Not Provided (Ribbon / Revenant)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2