Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Godai

Godai

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] Empty
PostSubject: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 12:36 am

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] Vp7qfc
----------------------
Daily Maintenance
----------------------

The daily grind felt remarkably taxing as usual as Maria hefted around her usual coffin against her back. Time kept dragging her places through obligations and duty. But sometimes, there were moments of respite that popped up from time to time. Yet, even then, that was time to be well spent even to her work. Her coffin was laid open on the grass and a thin wide cloth was laid next to it with separate mechanical parts near by. She was wiping down several implements and even oiling them.

Maria would ignore the peanut gallery that was wandering between classes. She was used to the stares and whispers at this point, but would ignore it. It would be nice to have that old club room back, but nothing could be done when nobody wanted to join it and getting kicked out of it by the Committee...

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] ADuvhe1

"..."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 1:16 am

So here was the thing. Being a senior was a bore. He'd opened up his schedule for Cadet activities because he hadn't needed that many courses to actually graduate. But, since his Cadet application hadn't been approved yet (despite his laundry list of qualifications, mind) It was prowling around looking for things to do that he spent so much of his time doing. He'd spend time on the lawn some days, others he'd spend doing extra laps or lifting weights. sometimes he decided to shut down and play some videogames for a bit.

At the moment, he wasn't sure what he was going to do. The Silver-haired Cadet-to-be, Isaac Fairweather, walked around with his huge sword strapped to his back. He was used to the weight being there by now, a familiar friend over his shoulder. Even if that friend didn't talk back. He was contemplating hitting up the woodshop for some tools before he noticed a girl out of the corner of his eye, various metal parts scattered around her on a white cloth. And a large black case...The coffin girl. He'd seen her around a few times. He knew she was a Cadet, but until his own enrollment in the program, he never had a reason to talk to her. Before, like many other ordinary students, Isaac had tried to stay out of the Cadet's way. Though, for him it was less out of fear and more out of respect. They were busy saving the world on top of school work. Seriously, when did they find time for sleep?

Now, though, he had to admit he was interested. And Bored, which was a bad combination. Those two things set his legs to moving before he'd actually come to a decision on what to actually say to the girl. So, as he approached from her side, he shoved his hands into the pockets of his white cargo pants and announced his presence. "Hey there. Maria, right? I've seen you around before, but I've never seen the inside of that thing. Looks complicated." He remarked easily, standing at a conversational distance. His broad smile was easy and devoid of fear or trepidation. Heavy-weapon carriers had to stick together, right?
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 8:58 pm

The way how she handled each piece was like clockwork. Each movement was mechanical and every application was orderly and without inefficiency. Maria has done this so many times that it would be easy to clean and assemble all together with a blindfold on. Funnily enough, she has done so before. It was all a routine. It granted stability, but it also thrust stagnation and a state of being mundane. It was going to be all the same, save when she noticed a shadow from the corner of her eye and someone called her attention.

At first, her expression was blank while freezing in place and stopping the entire operation. Then, it shifted to somewhat confused for a moment. For what reason would this boy want to talk with her? He seemed relatively normal, save for that ridiculous sword on his back. It was hard to tell if it were real with it on his back, but it oddly reminded her of Albrecht, the sparse few of Cadets of Class Zero who used a sword. How did he know her? "Yes, I'm her. How did you--"

The sudden realization kicked in. Class One rank, nun habit, and coffin were the three things that rushed through her mind from the vastness of her memories. Of course, that was going to get some attention. Even before that, she knew people were talking about her coffin. But now, it was her new rank that got her to this point. It was odd... Having to be somewhat popular and it didn't sit too well with her.

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] KUhLxPQ

"Well... not really. It might looks complicated with all of these mechanisms, but it's not difficult to get used to over time when you handle it. Especially what I'm doing now for maintenance... Did you want something from me, sir?"

She wasn't quite sure who he was, but he certainly knew who she was. Maria would wait for a reply while her hands were back to work again cleaning and oiling the parts.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySat Oct 13, 2018 11:30 pm

Isaac shrugged lightly, looking around at the mostly empty courtyard. "Do I want something? I mean, not really..." He laughed lightly, looking back down to her. "I guess I just wanted to say hello. Do people usually want something from you when they talk to you? I guess, being such a high ranking Cadet must have that affect." the boy admitted. Still a couple feet away from her process, Isaac grabbed the hilt of his sword with one hand and released the strap from his chest with the other.

The sword dropped at an even pace thanks to his hand, but even at that measured pace the weight of it drove the blade into the ground. Isaac gave the sword a slight push down before sitting cross-legged leaned up against the weapon for support. "I'll be a Cadet soon myself, so I figured it might not be a bad idea to introduce myself on my own terms."
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 9:57 am

Maria felt a little bit skeptical. He wasn't exactly wrong about that. But he seemed friendly enough. Though that sword on his back bothered her a lot. It looked excessively big. Sure, maybe she could use it like she does with Andraste. But for a normal person? Maybe there was something special about him and she it seemed she would be right. This was another one to join the corps.

There was an urge to twitch her eyebrow. The memories of her previous missions flooded her mind. The insanity, the fear, and the madness were all too real for her even now. A duty to uphold in the face of such opposition, it was a burden people of mundane lives couldn't possibly hope to bear so easily.

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] XIjuMNm

"I see. That explains your sword... Our work is dangerous and grueling. It will demand much from you if you wish to join us. And it will be painful. You will see many things that you may not wish to see... Even so, do you still want to join our ranks? What do you call yourself, sir?"

She thought it would be best to start out gently. Try to dissuade him from joining the corps. It was one thing from wanting to join the Cadets, but to become a part of them was something she truly didn't want to force such a responsibility on anyone. He seemed positive enough, but for how long once Julius allows him under their wing?
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 12:44 pm

Isaac listened, really listened as the girl spoke. She gave him something like a smile, but her words spoke of a haunted past. But, what else could you expect when dealing with demons like that? He'd seen that look on his mother's face, and his father's face before. Though, this was a little different.

Isaac leaned forward, clasped his hands together in front of him. "I've trained all my life to fight and help people. But when the Divide hit I was still too small to do it. I thought for the longest time that I should just let the cadets handle it, but with everything happening lately... with what the PT's have been doing. I couldn't sit by anymore. Got that from both sides of my family, so there's no helping it." his smile returned, broad and excited. "I'm Isaac Fairweather. Nice to meet you." he grinned.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 6:08 pm

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] X3fkXR8

It stung.

It really did. Joining because of the Psyche-Terrorists? It was a reminder of their failures to stop them taking over the SMILE Television station and broadcasting themselves. No matter how good she was at the job, the others needed to do their share of work as well and succeed if they wanted this City to be as peaceful as possible and free of supernatural criminal activity. His claim to train to help others made it even hurt more.

Here was another one with a compassionate and humanitarian reason. Most of the Cadets of Class Zero came to join because of it. She felt so out of place from the rest with her own selfish reasons and yet she was placed above all of them out of sheer ability. This boy coming to join made her remember that feeling as she really wanted to convince him to give up on it. To live his own life in peace and never having to relive nightmares. But even so, what rig--

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] VPKTd3k

"...I see. The pleasure is mine, Isaac. If you truly do wish to take part in the Night, then...
I'll look forward to working with you. Please be prepared when you come to Class Zero for the initiation.
You will be tested."

She truly loathed about that one night when the Cadet made that step forward to join the corps. It was painful, excruciatingly so. It was never one without risks. Maria wanted to say more, but it wasn't something she was allowed to share. The only hope there was that he passes it without so much of a hitch.

After slapping on the last mechanical piece back into the weapon, Maria took another glance at his sword. "Is there a reason why you have that sword with you right now? I'm surprised that you didn't have much trouble with the school staff around with it."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 7:36 pm

"...You will be tested."

Isaac beat a hand against his chest. "I wouldn't have it any other way. If I'm not worthy of it, I'll just slow everyone else down. There wouldn't be any meaning in that. No, I'll pass whatever this mystery test is, and together, we'll bring those Terrorists to bear!" He seemed far to cheery about fighting, but he couldn't help his enthusiasm. He'd teetered on the edge of this particular dagger for a long time, and now that he'd made the decision, he'd follow it through it's conclusion, no matter the risks. That's what a Fairweather did.

"Oh, this old thing?" He knocked his knuckles against the metal of the weapon behind him. "It was my father's. He used to slay demons with it, or something like that. That's what he always said. I almost let myself call him crazy until the world fell apart. After that well..." He looked back to the huge weapon that he still couldn't properly wield. "It's mine now, anyway. Though it doesn't talk to me like he claimed it talked to him. I dunno if he was crazy or if it just doesn't like me." He admitted fondly, before resting back against the sword. "But, nothing surprises me anymore."

The boy's eyes softened, suddenly shrewdly discerning. "What about you? I'm sure the cadets have access to stuff like guns and swords and whatever else you could ask for. How'd you end up with something like that?" The question was delivered with wry curiosity, and a disarming smile.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptySun Oct 14, 2018 10:39 pm

He was so enthusiastic that it hurts. Such enthusiasm should've been used for something else. Not something like this grueling task keeping the City safe. Sure, they had perks and the unneeded attention, but at times Maria would've rather live without those. Especially the idolization, it made her uncomfortable. Though it was rather odd that this guy didn't really have an organization backing him... strange. Maybe he was just trying to keep their identity hidden. Though that backstory was one she was distinctly familiar with, the loss of loved ones...

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] VPKTd3k

"I see... I took part in a test separate from the Cadets.
It was designated for my use. Nothing too special."

He didn't need to know of her backstory. None of the Cadets needed to. Few people outside of the Church knew what transpired in her life after the Divide and it was kept that way for good reason. Maria took up the weapon with both hands and examined each nook and cranny before cocking back the handle like one would for a gun. She began to put her weapon back inside the coffin. But before even considering leaving, Maria gave another glance at the sword. "Do you mind if I see it? I would like to check its make."
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyMon Oct 15, 2018 4:37 am

She took part in a test separate from the Cadets...Interesting. It intrigued him, but it was clear she wasn't giving any more answers. That was fine. They were only just talking back and forth anyway. When she asked to see the sword, he hesitated, sitting up with a slightly surprised look on his face. No one had really asked that yet. He hasn't been hefting it around for long, really only since He's submitted for the Cadet program.

Now a Cadet wanted to see it. She was special in ways he wasn't. Maybe it would talk to her? If it did...what would it say? Standing up finally, he nodded, smile returning. It could be interesting to find out. "yeah, I don't mind. You let me see yours, afterall." the would-be Cadet lifted the heavy sword with relative ease, and kneeled closer to her, offering the weapon on It's side in two hands. It looked really formal, but it was really just the easiest way to hold the big piece of metal. "If it talks to you, let me know." he said with a grin.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 1:24 am

She nodded silently and held out her hand to receive the blade. As her fingers curled around, Maria began to feel something familiar residing the blade. Not so personally familiar, but more of a professional side of things. Something was inside, indeed. Or was there more? It was hard to tell. The Cadet began to stand on to her feet with sword at hand. She examined the blade. The edge was sharp, honed as if someone took care to maintain it. It had a weight that most people wouldn't be able to handle, though surprisingly it had a balance that was unexpected of a blade of this size.

Maria handed the blade back with the handle offered to Isaac.  She quietly remarked, "Perhaps your Father isn't so crazy... It is a good sword, it'll serve you well if you can wield it."

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] ZKGkP1t

"I understand you've made up your mind to join.
But allow me to ask you again, are you sure?
Don't you have any family and friends?
Aren't they concerned for your safety?"

He didn't seem the kind of person who lived in the world Albrecht, Shiina, and Maria resided. There was something ultimately honest and innocent in this individual. Something that shouldn't be tampered with for their own sake. It always boggled her mind why they would all join despite such dangers...
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 3:45 am

Isaac took his father's sword back, and slung it over his back again, strapping it back in place. The look Maria was giving him was one of honest concern, and he appreciated that. There were those who might look at him like he was foolish, or like was crazy. But Maria's caution - seemingly atleast - came from honest goodwill. Or at least respect. Still, Isaac wasn't about to back down from joining the Cadets. No way in this or any other hell.

"My mother was a police woman of Endymion before the Divide. She died in the line of duty. My dad died fighting demons nobody else could see, even as the world was crumbling around us. I've been ignoring it for a while, but - especially now that I've decided - It feels like it's my duty to fight for the people of this city, too. Now more than ever. It's the legacy my family left me with. And to be honest, you're the first person to really offer much concern for my safety." Even if he was blatantly disregarding it in favor of recklessly pursuing his goal...it meant something. "Thank you." He said with honest eyes and a broad smile.
Back to top Go down
Godai

Godai

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 9:02 am

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] M06QyMO

So even he lost both of his parents like she did. It felt rather depressing that she was the only person to show any concern. Maria grew silent at this revelation. There was nothing else she could use to stop him from crossing over to the Hell the Cadets had to look into and stop from consuming from the rest of the City. It was all inevitable. "...I see. I understand."

Maria grabbed the straps of the coffin before slinging it over her shoulder and putting the container flat against her back. The weight didn't even put her off balance, this was something she has done many times before with relative ease. The Cadet gave him one last look before starting to leave. It was hard to tell what kind of expression she had initially. It was concern, but at the same time she seemed... numb.

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] 5NmV5BQ

"Come to Class Zero tonight, if you still haven't changed your mind by then.
The Class Zero Building will be open for new recruits.
I hope for your sake, you won't regret it."

She bowed down her head in his direction in formal farewell as she gave a sad smile before finally leaving him behind. Will he really become a Cadet? Then so be it. It was another one for the meat grinder. Yet... She didn't like this, at all.
Back to top Go down
Steele

Steele

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 12:32 pm

The look on Maria's face sent a pang of well-buried pain down Isaac's spine. Here was one who knew what it was like, was his thought. And it was his turn to be piteous. But before he had the chance to pursue the topic, she was shouldering her weapon and turning to leave. Like him, the weight of her weapon didn't seem to bother her. She was weighed down by other things.

Somehow, her small, sad smile made him want to do something about it. As she walked away he made a silent vow to keep her within reach. That sadness in her eyes...it made him want to make her laugh. What did that dour face look like when it smiled carelessly? Not just her, but everyone. He wanted to buy them those kinds of smiles, even if he paid for it with blood. "I guess we're done talking then." he spoke, though she was out of earshot by now. "Til next time, then."
Back to top Go down
Infernal Zero

Infernal Zero

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] EmptyTue Oct 16, 2018 9:29 pm

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] Persona_3_4_tarot_card_deck_hr___chariot_arcana_by_enetirnel-d6xr7d2Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] Persona_3_4_tarot_card_deck_hr___the_sun_arcana_by_enetirnel-d6xr6ln

Where one sees a light in the distance, warier souls will dissuade them from following it. Even then, they run to it, reaching out to the promises they see within it.

One can only hope the promises they reach for are not those of an oncoming train.

Maria Woodsworth and Isaac Fairweather have formed a social link.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]   Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac] Empty

Back to top Go down

Daily Maintenance [Maria/Isaac]
Page 1 of 1