Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)

Go down 
2 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:28 pm

''Humans can be cruel themselves, yes. That's no news. Who's a monster and who isn't often depends on the perspective, rather than it being a fact.'' Still, the Primordials didn't have the right to simply wreak havoc everywhere without any explanation for it. Violence and force were not always the answer. But some humans did the same indeed. Many of them weren't saints either. ''I know. Almost everyone I work with is a Persona user. I know enough about how they work, and why. Besides, I don't really think facing one's doubts is exclusive to those with a Persona. It's not like facing your Shadow and such is the only way. A smart enough person should be able to realize their faults on their own, without something as elaborate as that having to push them there.'' Those with a Persona just had it easier, because the path was laid out for them, and they only had to walk through it. It sure is easier to understand when it's right in your face, but that doesn't mean it's impossible without it.

''Two. But one of them tried to kill me.'', he would answer in a nonchalant tone. ''I know there are more, probably. But hard to say how many got out of there alive, and still are now at this point.'' He wasn't exactly sure...but he doubted every person could handle a Shadow and live through it. That, and if what happened to him was any indication...many may have been killed on the go already. So the numbers were questionable.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 2:45 pm

A Matter of perspective?I guess it comes down to the person's views. In a sense.We're the bad guys to the Primordials apparently. Getting in the way of their plans and desires. Alongside the bad guys to any of the angels we disagree with really. Christ. This gets a little more confusing by the day.Nobodies perfect and everyones flawed. Fantastic. Honestly the Kichida didn't know what to make of this. Atleast it was simple. Put a stop to all of them and go about your normal every day life afterwards right?

Well when you put it that way. A persona user tends to have to face their doubts yeah in a easier way. Though it culminates down to in some cases. Having to go through an embodiment of their mind and everything they deny. Dealing with a direct Mimic version of themselves in some weird area. It's a rather strange process. Others don't get the "luxury' of having it all laid out in front of them and instead have to come to terms with it in a harder way. In the end. Persona or not. I guess everyone has to "face themselves"

Facing themselves was a notion not many took lightly. The shadows after all were manifested off of people denying sides of themselves. It in a sense made this a do or die situation when considered. Rather ridiculous to have to force people to go through that in order to understand themselves better. The world was a cruel mistress yes unfortunantly....

Two?Well I guess people who were thrown into the same circumstance as you are rather rare yes. When this is all over.... The shadow would still remain with you still?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 4:44 pm

Perhaps, but not really. Looking like a bad guy didn't necessarily mean you were in the wrong. It wasa a problem once you really were doing something that could be classified as cruelty or such. Maybe they could appear as bad guys to the Primordials...but with what justification? The gods were the ones that were trying to mess everything up. Was that fair? Everyone would want to interfere and fight back if they were assaulted all of a sudden. Well..almost. Angels just went and started pushing most of the responsibility on humans, which wasn't too nice either. Ah well. ''Although, looking like a bad guy does not mean you are one for real. What did we do to the Primordials to have them attempt to destroy everything? It's not exactly fair.'' He doubted they had a solid reason to wipe everything out that would actually pass.

''Not really. Someone could refuse to do it, and just keep living a life of pretend. I'm sure there are people that don't have the courage to face themselves. Mainly when no one pushes them into it.'' That was where Persona users had a benefit. Maybe some of them wouldn't do it if that wasn't the case. Many were comfortable living with lies and pretending everything was the greatest as it is.

Hm. ''Yes, I believe so. I don't think there's a way to go back. I've been like this for 4 years by now. So I suppose I'll never be normal.'', he would shrug. He was kind of fine with that. People could be judgmental for even small things, so whatever. Being weird would probably not even make it much worse in the end.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 5:35 pm

Hm. Now you got me wondering that Sharaku. Man. I can't stop wondering what their true intentions are for humanity.... Though. In the end. We're always gonna be the bad and the good guy in someone's point of view.Well that was a little depressing but true. In the end you are the good,The bad and the just plain ugly in someone or something's point of view.

Hm...Unfortunantly that is the truth. People sometimes can proudly ignore whatever flaws they have and delude themselves into a life of lies. Though isn't that why they say ignorance is bliss? After all. It's pleasant for them to just hide everything behind a pretty picture really. a sad thing to think about, but it appeared that people were content to just hide things behind whatever they could. Never having to see it themselves.

Hm...I don't know. I mean if you'd like. There could probably be a way to reverse it or something in time. beats me so far.The boy would say trying to be a little uplifting to Sharaku. He seemed fine with it but at the same time. The Kichida wanted to try to help him out a little bit with this.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 7:32 pm

''Which is why it's better to not bother unless there's some proof that the other side is justified in thinking that you're the bad guy. There's no point in stressing over it. If someone wants to think you're a jerk just because, then it's their problem, not yours. Trying to see someone else's perspective is one thing, but only to a certain extent.'' What point is there in trying to prove otherwise? If the person or whoever is adamant, they won't care and think what they want to regardless. Therefore, being upset over it was almost childish in today's world. Because people were so easy to offend and all that. And who knows about Gods and the rest.

''It's bliss until some of your lies and pretends get busted. And then you're stuck. Sometimes, the unpleasant stuff is actually more helpful in the end. Because it's sad when you believe you're perfect, while you're actually far from that in reality. Doesn't help shaping people's impressions of you when they happen to notice.'' It could honestly be more destructive than anything else. Ignorance is bliss mostly for the person that is doing the ignoring. Those around them may not have the same luxury of being able to pass over certain things.

He would sigh. ''I doubt it. For how long it took them to even make it happen. Nor would I want to go through something like that again. It could be dangerous. Some people perhaps didn't even survive being bonded with a Shadow. It's not exactly natural.'', he would shrug. ''And I'm fine as I am. It doesn't really matter anymore.'' It would just take him time to get used to something different again. Probably no point anymore. If it happened, he wouldn't be mad...but, he wouldn't ask for it either.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 8:06 pm

Yeah. Otherwise then it all goes to hell from there. Morality really does vary from person to person. Or in this case thing to thing as well. Man... The boy would too wonder about it for the most part.

Well I guess that's how it goes. It'slike living in a glass house nearly when it comes to that kind of stuff. When everything gets exposed and your left stuck facing reality. That's when people break down and frankly. Go down even worse or over come it. People who believe etheir perfect are just insane. Given humans were born flawed in the end after all.It was true. Nobody was ever perfect anyway.

Well...If you say so sharaku. Yeah it isn't natural but if your used to it. Then alright. I guess it wouldn't exactly matter anymore. As well as how long It'd take to even come up with a way of fixing it. Well atleast your...Well adapted to this and not exactly in need of removing it.This wasn't the Kichida's finest words. THough they were still something alright.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:02 pm

''What doesn't kill you makes you stronger.'' He didn't really have much else to say to all that. It would end up being just about repeating the same thing over and over in different sentences and words at this rate. And he would rather not do that. It kills the conversation and makes it boring fairly quickly. Unless you don't even care what you're talking about at all. That, and he was going to nod off eventually if things kept up like this.

''Well, physically I am just fine. So in regards to that, messing with it could only make it worse. That, and I couldn't really fight after that, as I have no other means of doing so at the moment. As for everything else, there are some things that you can't really fix anymore. Not like this. One cannot change the past afterall.''
Getting them separated wouldn't do anything about all the things that happened prior. So...it wouldn't really fix anything special. Maybe just the way some people saw him, but that was that.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:16 pm

What doesn't kill you makes you stronger yes. Hey Sharaku. I've been wondering lately but. All we seem to do is run into each other at random.What do you do in your spare time anyway?The boy would ask wondering What sharaku really did. It was odd. He never really knew what Sharaku did in his spare time or anything of the sort for the most part. WHich he found a bit strange given how familiar he was with him.

We Can't change the past no...But we can pave way for the future,and Focus on the now to build that future. Someone said that once to me. But I forgot who.The boy would say attempting to recall who even said that to him in all honesty. He did not remember at all.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:30 pm

Hm? Frankly, he never knew how to answer that particular question. He really didn't tend to do anything specific that was worth mentioning. It was generally whatever came. He did things moreso on the go, or when someone asked him to come somewhere. That, and a lot of the time was filled up by everything and anything regarding the current messy situation. Which was usually a lot of it. ''I do...whataver comes. I don't think there's a specific activity I do more often than another. Unless wandering around counts as such. Besides, a lot of my time is cut short by having to deal with what is happening in some way or form. I rarely end up doing something that doesn't relate to it in some way.'' Even if it was just a discussion about it during an outing. It was always there in some way or form, just varying in intensity. He couldn't remember the last time he did something without it entering the picture. Aside from the few things he did alone, that is. Because then there was no one to even talk to about it.

''Yes, I know that. But our past affects who we are regardless, no matter how you look at it. We can't easily ignore what had already happened.''
That would be quite simple, wouldn't it? Present and future was what mattered right now, yes, but the past would still be somewhere there, even if only in the background. What is done will always stay with you to some extend. Just like what ends up happening with Azores will affect all of their futures.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Sep 15, 2015 9:46 pm

Nozomi himself hadn't been a fan of much in terms of particular activities. In a sense was he bland. Boring,etc? Maybe alot of things. Though he was still his own person in the end really.I guess that makes us two of a kind. I had my own hobbies kind of. Though... I guess I do random stuff alot. Usually unbewitting to myself due to my friends or others. Hell. I tried clubbing once. I'm a viral video sensation apparently haha if you want to see.He would say recalling the video of his own Sick moves that somehow ended up on the internet. Man. That was sure as hell interesting. He had his own little fame moment.

Hey Sharaku...I hope I'm not prying or anything,but....What kinda life did you have before....You ended up all like that. With your shadow ne verything...What did you do back then?Nozomi cared for sharaku to some extent and wanted to know a little about him. The two seemed to not know much of each other despite how familiar they were. It was worth a shot after all right? Not like it would hurt for him to ask Sharaku about it. Besides. Taking a chance wouldn't hurt.

He would sigh a bit thinking about recent things. He wasn't one to understand sharaku's position in life nor what may or may not have happened to him. I mean...How did they....Even get you into this kinda stuff man?Christ...Considering they forced you and all...This stuff ain't right!He was angryish. He didn't find it right at all for something like what happened to Sharaku to happen to well anybody.

And frankly sharaku himself was a pretty standup guy.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 6:16 am

''I tend to not stick to one thing because I get bored fairly fast if it isn't entertaining enough. But I don't like being the center of attention for no good reason, so something like clubbing is not for me. Nothing spectacular, at least. Do you like showing off?'' Maybe? The fact that the guy wasn't bothered by the idea of him being on a video suggested something like that. Or at least, he was fine with such public attention. He himself had nothing personal against clubs, but he was more likely to just sit at the counter and watch what was going on than anything else. Moving around was alright, but not in a thick crowd and all that. That was a little offputting for him.

Well...''There's not a lot. Before all that...it would have to be before I was 12. That was mostly school back then. I did move to another country too, but that's mostly it. I didn't do anything special as a kid, I don't think.'', he would answer after a moment of thought. It wasn't exactly a question he expected, so he didn't really have an elaborate answer. And he usually didn't know what to say when he was supposed to talk about himself.

''It's not right, but some people don't care as long as they get their results...and I don't really remember for sure, to be honest. I think they sort of tricked me to go with them when I was alone..? Some memories aren't that good anymore. It's been good 11 years...and spending so time being an experiment subject kind of messes with you.'', he would chuckle faintly. At the very least, he wasn't insane. That was good enough for him. ''Why do you ask? This stuff isn't exactly nice to hear about.'' Did the guy want a scare?
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 6:19 pm

That I can understand though for me. I just happened to be dancing and bam. I was already in the spotlight. I don't mind it,but I'm not like. An Attention whore or anything you know?Nozomi really did not care too much for fame or attention these days. He just happened to be doing his shctick and bam. He was already an internet sensation. He wondered if the people at Wave's Peak would even begin to recognize him should he go there a second time or something along those lines.

Well We don't all don't exactly do big things as a kid now do we? Ha. I'm kinda the same. Except as a Kid. I'd mainly be stuck going from place to place really. I never was able to stick around anywhere.That was true to say the least. Nozomi never had the chance to develop in one place until he had made it unto the Azores region. Well. At least he had that chance now for once in his life.

Ah...Well..... Reason I was asking about that is I mean. Sharaku. It'd be strange if I really didn't get to know you or anything. Plus if every time we met we talked about the same thing...We might as well just be Parrots while we're at it!He would laugh a bit at the thought. Given Parrots had a habit of repeating the same thing of what they'd hear over and over. Besides I don't...Really mind hearing about you Sharaku.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 7:39 pm

Sharaku would blink. ''Everyone on the dancefloor dances, I believe. You must have been doing quite the attention grabber to end up like that. Maybe you could have guessed people would at least stare. Afterall, I'd say people don't care as long as you don't stick out of the crowd in some way.'' Well, unless someone wanted to be a jerk? Otherwise, he didn't see a solid reason for people to make a video of someone who is doing the same as the rest. Therefore, Nozomi must have put on enough of a show to warrant that kind of attention.

Hm, maybe. But surely some people had more lively childhoods. ''I've done the same, but when I was older. At least 18. I had to keep moving around if I wanted to stay alive, though.'' It wasn't exactly too much fun. Not the way he had done it. Then again, it was still sort of better than getting caught after running away? That would probably have been rather bad. Assuming from the fact that one hunter after him was already as much trouble as she was, he didn't want to imagine what would have happened in case he got caught back then. He wouldn't have been able to even fight back at all.

''Strange....'', he would mutter. Would it be? There were plenty of people he'd say he didn't really know indepth. And it didn't hurt...well, it was often actually the better option, as he didn't even get along with them well to begin with. His relations with people could be quite jumpy, even when he tried not to let it go that way. But he couldn't do much about who he was. ''I don't always get to know people well...so I'm partially used to not going there.'' Force of habit, maybe. He didn't move in close without being prompted in some way, because it wasn't really in his nature. ''And I like birds.'' As much as that wasn't relevant. He would smirk, however. ''Are you trying to sound creepy?'' He was only joking, that is. But still....that last statement could be taken is a few ways.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Well Yeah.Otherwise.....

Well it wouldn't be called a dance floor without dance now would it!
The Kichida would laugh a bit at the thought. After all. it was called a dance floor for a REASON. Eh I don't know Sharaku. I just like to dance a bit. Have you ever tried dancing before?He would pose the question at the older guy to chew the fat slightly while still thinking back to that moment at the club. Nozomi was still E-Famous.

Had to keep moving to stay alive?Damn man...I'm taking it whoever did this crazy shadow stuff to you wanted you back or something...You have my condolences. Well He would offer some to say the least right? It would be rude to him to not try to offer any anyway. He felt sympathy for Sharaku's situation.

Strange...?Ah... Well I like to get to know people. He would state back to the older man off of some slight pause and a sense of thickness in the air. Really. Sharaku hadn't gotten to know some others well? Huh. That was a rather interesting contrast to Nozomi. Then again Sharaku had clearly been through alot. So perhaps he had his own reasons for all of this.I well..I don't exactly like bird stoo much or anything. Wait no I'm not trying!The boy would say Jokingly freaking out at Sharaku's Comment about him.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Sep 16, 2015 8:58 pm

Who made up the name anyway? Sharaku would roll his eyes jokingly. ''We could just rename it. I doubt there's a copyright to the name 'dancefloor'.'' Does it even matter what people call it? It's only them sticking to common sense. Nothing more, nothing less. ''I can dance. But I prefer to not go overboard. Something simple, if.'' He could stand attention when it was necessary, or rewarding in some way, but having people watch him doing something like that? Honestly, awkward. That's all he had to say to it. He didn't fancy the idea of sticking out in a club setting. That was for rowdy teens, not someone like him. Not that he was too old or anything. He just felt like it wasn't his game.

He would sigh. ''Yes, you could say that. I guess they don't like it when their subjects run away. I already had someone track me down here and try to kill me as well. That's life for you.'' Should he even complain? He didn't really think it was fair of them to be doing that, as they were the ones to rope innocent people into it to being with. Still, there are some people you simply can't argue with. He would just have to face it whenever something of the kind jumped at him.

''Hm...I suppose I'm too used to being a loner. I don't always make a lot of effort unless reminded. That's my fault, I guess.''
He couldn't deny that. He could be fairly aloof at times, in case he didn't feel like being too social with someone. It was just hard at times. Doubly so when he had nothing to say mid-conversation. He wasn't the type to just spew whatever to make sure silence wasn't going to happen. That was Hyde's job, not his. ''I know. That was just a joke.'', he would state in a slight deadpan. Hm, the reaction had been sort of funny though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)   Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Chilling with da Oak (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next