Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] Empty
PostSubject: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 5:51 pm

The power for the school seemed to be out, but one room was bright and almost glowing. This specific room would be that of the computer lab, and the child prodigy herself, Carmen, would be the cause. With Reijo's permission she was allowed to bottleneck the generator's power solely into the computer lab for a test regarding a certain program that had installed itself onto her phone. Her laptop was booted up and running at 80%, and the numbers were steadily growing. Connecting her phone to the laptop using a micro USB connector scavenged from another computer already installed within the computer lab, the young woman's fingers would work furiously upon the keyboard. Reijo stood beside Carmen with his arms crossed over his chest and eyes narrowed at the screen. He was no computer nerd, but he could comprehend what the young woman was attempted to pull off this afternoon. It had been twice since Reijo had received news that messages were being sent out to cellphones detailing future events before they occurred. With that power, he would surely be able to lead his people to freedom. Though, something in the back of Reijo's skull screamed to him to stop his partner from diving too deep into these powers that surely weren't human. Little did many know, Reijo and Carmen were more than just friends. They had been together for quite some time, but many only thought Reijo used the female for her brain. That wasn't entirely true. Though Reijo was attracted to her first because of the knowledge she held, he formed a strong respect for the drive she held when searching for things of interest. Instead of leaving her to do this herself, he chose to risk his own safety by being present during her code breaking.

As Carmen continued to hack into the cellphone, her eyes would narrow and beads of sweat would begin to form upon her forehead. Licking her lips, she'd give a smile. "Man, whoever wrote this stuff was doing some next gen level coding. This is awesome!" She was obviously excited about this. The further she pushed her skills into breaking into the encryptions, the more her phone began to vibrate and glow a sinister red hue.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Yasuo Reiki

Yasuo Reiki

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 8:21 pm

Yasuo would have visited the one running the university, but unfortunately, his strength faded, forcing him to return to his room, for he was not in condition to making any efforts yet, specially after such an intense trauma that had kept him more than 24 unconscious. He was was informed though, in order not to need assistance later, that the one in charge was another of his students, Reijo... Well well, wasn't this a surprise... Though coming to think of it, it wasn't strange at all that the student had become the leader of the university. After all, he had within all the qualities that had made Japan a great country. He was truly an exceptional person.

However, after some rest and feeling much better once again, the middle aged teacher, decided to go and catch up for once and for all. It was vital in these times to keep oneself informed after all. It was their best chance to get in one piece out of there.

Remembering what Carmen had told him, he decided to pay her a visit afterwards and see what she was up to. Thus he took his laptop with him, knowing that whenever him and Carmen were around during one of her projects, he always ended up on it too.

Alone this time, Yasuo went to the conference room, only to find out that it was deserted!

Intrigued about where the chief in command was, Yasuo couldn't do nothing about it nonetheless, "Damned be this aging body of mine", he said with a chuckle... Oh well, he'd go and visit Carmen now then.

As both Reijo and Carmen were focused, their sensei entered the room silently, "I'd be damned. I didn't expect to find both of you here", he said, smiling with courtesy. "I beg you to apologize me, Haruno, I was to meet you this morning in order to be put up to date with the recent events, but I felt indisposed and had to return to my room. I don't want to interrupt you, so we'll leave that matter for later... What intrigues me now though is this program you are working on. This is certainly incredible... It's on par with our work on the Research Department...", leaning closer to the screen, Yasuo inspected the screen, carefully analyzing each character and number on it. As expected Carmen was doing a fine job... But there was something definitely wrong with it...

It was then when, through the corner of his visor, he saw it. The object of Carmen's studies was a mobile phone, probably hers. The small device was glowing red, something clearly unnatural... Yasuo didn't like this. At all.

"... Yet, I'm afraid I must keep you from going any further. Look at this Accardi", he said, requesting her attention on the phone. "I don't know what you are working with nor how you obtained such an impressive program, but you have obviously been detected by its security system. This cannot end well if it goes on. By no means that means I'm prohibiting you from future inspection, but the way you are handling this is reckless."
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyFri Apr 19, 2013 11:22 pm

Carmen's fingers continued upon the keyboard at impressive speeds as her eyes shifted over to the newcomer to the room. Reijo also turned his head partially to look at the one who entered the room so suddenly. Instead of Carmen saying something first, Reijo would close his eyes and tilt his head forward slightly. "I'm surprised to see you're awake. You've missed many events. There should be documentation about such things, but perhaps it'd be easier to inform you with spoken word." When the man made a sudden move towards the laptop, Reijo made sure to extend and arm so he didn't get too close to the screen, nor Carmen. "Careful, Professor. Though I'm glad you've joined us, I think it'd be safe if we all gave Carmen room to work." Was this a boyfriend attempting to protect his lover, or just someone who was suspicious of the man who had awoken randomly after a demon attack. Carmen gave a wide smile as she continued to type. She looked towards the professor and then back towards Reijo with a raised brow. "This program won't last long. I've already broken past the point of no return, Sensei! Don't worry, it's nothing we can't handle. Nothing travelled, nothing gaiiined~" The girl gave a hum and waved her head back and forth with a smile.

However this happy mood would fall into one of sour when the professor spoke of stopping the young genius. When he pointed towards the phone, her eyes would look at it aswell. "Oh Professor, that's nothing to worry about! Their defenses have fallen. What more could happen, hmm?" Her mood once again jumped up, and she stopped her typing on the keyboard. Basically now all she had to do was sit and wait either way. Reijo, through this all, fell quiet. His eyes were focused on the glowing phone and he was beginning to get the same vibes as the other male. "Perhaps we should stop this, Carmen. We are.. playing with powers we know little about." Surprisingly, Reijo spoke with a soft tone where all other times he was known to have a stern voice. Carmen spun around on her chair and looked towards the boy with a poutful expression. "I said it's already done! Dooooone!" It sure was done... as the phone began to vibrate and ring loud enough that the whole school could hear it with ease.

"HEEEEE HOOOOO!"
Back to top Go down
Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 2:26 am

Yukino had finally made her way back to the school grounds where the Death Mail spoke of Carmen losing her life to a localized blizzard. The weather seemed fine enough, which automatically made the young officer in training assume the supernatural would be involved in her death. Standing with a scarf wrapped around her neck, and her persona, Pallas Athena, hovering by her side, Yukino would look towards the front gates. "They'll probably turn me away the moment I ask for entry. After all, their school was partially destroyed because I was a target staying under their roof. At the same time, Carmen was saved before. Will they listen long enough to let me save her again?" Yukino would look towards her persona, looking for an answer, but the Goddess would only stare back with a blank expression. The young woman would give herself a face palm while slouching her shoulders downward. "You really lack when it comes to advice, ya know?" The newly found Persona-User would give her persona a smile before turning back to the gates. Reaching for the cellphone in her pocket, she'd hold it in the palm of her hand in a tight grip, ready to force her way into the university. As long as she didn't kill the people in her way, there was a chance to rekindle the small amount of trust she had with the leader of the school before. Perhaps he'd be grateful if Carmen were saved? Considering Yukino had no knowledge of their relationship, she was basically going off guesses here. Regardless of the situation, she knew she'd be neglecting her role as a protector if she turned away from a civilian in need. If Orlando could put his life on the line, then so could she! Though, this was hardly a contest, was it not? There was one thing her brother told her which stuck, and it was "One beating fish could not turn back the river." That meant if Yukino wished to make this lockdown truly disappear, she'd need help. Even if it was in the form of Reijo and his fellow students.

"Alright, Athena! Time for a dose of justice! No innocent blood will be spilled here today, haha!" The rambunctious tomboy would take off in a full out sprint towards the front gates with Athena flying right behind her. Summoning her soul bound weapons, she'd charge straight for the gates. Once reaching the optimal position, she'd send a straight kick into the lock with all of her might. Of course it would not break down. She was only human, but luckily she had Athena by her side. In a follow up attack, the young woman would press a button upon her soul and call out her inner self. Athena would shoot forward in all her glory, sending a spear into the gate's chains to break it open by force. Once this would happen, the Goddess would vanish and Yukino would continue onto school grounds. If the guards would look to get in her way, the young martial artist would easily engaged them. With a kick there, a punch here, a knee there, she would literally fight her way through the guards who watched the front gates without stopping her charge towards the front doors of the school. With her endurance, there were no signs of the young female stopping anytime soon. "Haha, man I feel like I'm in some action movie right now. How awesome! In a world where one woman can save the masses, she uses pure justice as her weapon!" Yukino seemed to obviously be enjoying herself as she charged the school hallways looking for the location of Carmen. For now, all she could do was follow the obnoxious ringing that seemed to resonated throughout the entire building. Boy, how annoying it was. Well whatever, she was here to be a hero. Maybe her father would be proud if she did pull off saving Tokonosu from destruction. Though, fighting a God was intimidating, if not outright horrifying. Even since she was a child, she was told a God's power was surely absolute. But with the power of Persona, anything could be possible, right?

Yukino Statistics:

Traits:
Back to top Go down
Yasuo Reiki

Yasuo Reiki

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 5:30 pm

"It's to late to start worrying, Haruno", said Yasuo right after the student asked Carmen to stop, "The only we can do now is pray I was wrong... And I'm certain I was not...", he somberly added, his words ah herald of what would shortly happen.

Barely after he finished, the mobile phone begun ringing unnaturally loud without interruption, his body tensed up, awaiting for the next signal of danger... And so, as soon as a strange inhuman shout begun coming from the phone, his clenched fist came down on it, reducing it to a mesh of plastic and circuits. Even if Reijo and Carmen managed to react in time to stop him, they could not do so. They were much, much smaller and slower than their sensei and they couldn't stand up to his brutal strength. It was vast and unrefined, but it should stop whatever defensive response of the program was executing.

Yasuo hated to do this, but he couldn't allow his students to be endangered. More than ever, it was his duty to protect them even from themselves... It shouldn't matter however. The girl would loose her phone and contacts among a variety of things, yet it wasn't the only mobile phone in the city and the program she was studying was still there, on her computer, thus, it could be recovered.

Traits:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 6:47 pm

"What the hell was that for!" Carmen would look towards the Professor that smashed her phone into the desk. Obviously she was more pissed than upset at this time. "No one asked for your opinion in the first place! The data was cut off the moment you destroyed my phone. I won't be able to continue on my laptop because it was a live feed. Do you not understand this? I was so close to such a break through!" The teacher had fallen from her respect list altogether, as she spun off her chair, grabbed her laptop, and went to leave the room abruptly. She didn't look once towards Reijo or the teacher again. Reijo, in the meantime, stood silently. His dark eyes watched the situation, yet he said not a word until his partner left the room. Once she had left, he would continue to stare towards the door without looking towards the professor. "I am not entirely sure if I should thank you, or condemn you for what you have done. It could have been a better choice of action by just removing the uplink, but destroying the phone altogether? Hmm.." Reijo lifted his left hand to his chin, and began to tap it lightly with his thumb in thought. Regardless of the situation, Carmen had just lost her phone. The program was most likely permanently lost from her now. It was truly a shame, Reijo did wish to know the secrets behind such a technology. At the same time, if she were to endanger herself because of such research it would be quite a pain for him.

Reijo's thoughts would be cut short as his walkie would begin to vibrate with news. "Sir, the White Witch has broken into the school. She's plowing through our guards! We need back up!" The leader would make a short "tch.." noise from the news. Pressing the talk button on the walkie talkie, he'd respond. "Keep a platoon infront of the gates to stop anyone from coming in. All remaining students bottleneck her. If she's in the school, that means we can trap her in the hallway. I've been meaning to have a talk with her about that demon who attacked us before. Try to keep her alive until I make it there." The students would heed his orders, and the silver haired boy would charge out into the hallway. So much chaos was surrounding the school. He could hardly get organized to stage an escape thanks to it. With Carmen upset, she probably wouldn't even wish to cooperate with the rest of the group now. Trying to fix that would be a pain, but first thing was first. This "White Witch" needed to be dealt with. Why the hell did she come back?
Back to top Go down
Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 20, 2013 7:29 pm

As Yukino continued her advance towards the origin of the loud ringing noise, she'd duck and dodge through the hallways to get by any lingering students. She honestly had no time for this at the current moment, as someone's life was surely in danger. If she remembered correctly, Carmen was the type of girl that enjoyed electronics and computers in general. Most likely she'd be located where the most computers were, which of course was the computer lab. Being a student there to begin with, she had a very good mapping of the layout in her skull. Taking a sudden right into a hallway, she'd press herself forward into a dash, all the while the ringing grew louder and louder, emphasizing she was closing the distance rather well. Then suddenly, the ringing would stop. Like, really just stop out of nowhere. Yukino's mind automatically took a turn for the worse when figuring what had happen. Either she was too late to save the one named Carmen and an innocent life was taken, or that very moment was about to occur and Carmen would be killed very soon. There was, however, a small slither of hope that the sound ceasing meant Carmen would be alive and well. Maybe whatever that was going to kill her was stopped? One person came to mind when regarding that, and it was surely Masa. He seemed like the protective type, and when they saved her before he made sure to keep her safe regardless of the situation. Yea, it had to be him! Masa was a true believer of justice aswell! "Not bad, Masa! You even beat me to the punch. Maybe I should turn around before I get too much unneeded attention. That would be the best idea, huh?" The Oketsu female spoke to herself with a carefree grin as she turned the last corner to see her objective in sight.

Walking out of the Computer Lab would be none other than Carmen herself. She seemed rather upset, as she began to storm off without a word. What happened? Regardless, Yukino would dash up to the female. "Hey, Carmen! Are you okay?!" She stopped her forward momentum and slid to a stop by the young woman's side. "I came here looking for you. Please tell me you're okay. Why do you look so upset?" Yukino tilted her head to the side while question the computer savvy female. Her eyes couldn't help but drift back towards the computer lab's entrance where she heard words from a walkie talkie. It was either another guard, or Reijo himself. This was a problem. Reijo surely didn't like her, and probably wanted her dead after the demon attacked the school that night. Man, basically she was in ground zero when regarding this situation. And like hell had a room waiting for her, the leader himself, Reijo exited the room. Yukino froze for a few seconds before giving a nervous laugh and a semi-wave. "Reijo-san, we meet again. I hope you've been well since our last meeting!" The woman of justice was not afraid of Reijo, but she knew fighting an entire school would do more hurt than help. She was a tool of justice, and beating up a bunch of kids didn't really show example of that. Avoiding conflict was her best option, even though she had already knocked out a few students on her way into the school. There wasn't any permanent injury, all they would need was a few hours of rest and they'd be ready to go once again. "I didn't come here to cause any trouble.. excluding the few people I knocked out on my way here.. but I came here to protect Carmen! I got a weird death mail this morning saying she was going to die in a localized blizzard today. I had to make sure that didn't happen! You may not know this, but after last night I gained a pretty impressive power. A Goddess of Justice fights by my side to protect you all. I don't care if you want to get in my way, I'll make sure no innocent blood is shed when I'm here." The young woman took an defense MMA stance while facing the leader of the school. She made sure to keep close to Carmen. "So if you want to try and kill me, we can go right now. But if you want to talk, and gain more information on the situation at hand, I'm willing to tell you everything. Make your choice, Reijo-san. Regardless, I won't hold back!" Her once nervous tone of voice turned into one of determination, as she didn't plan on backing down this time. Reijo needed to get his head out the clouds and into the true situation if he truly wanted to live through the lockdown.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyTue Apr 23, 2013 3:05 am

Carmen would turn to look towards Yukino while shifting her eyes downcast. Like the little girl she was in spirit, there were tears in her eyes towards the way things transpired. "Some stupid meanie head loser broke my phone! I was so close to discovering something cool, and he just broke it!" The young student would stomp her foot on the ground in annoyance and anger, as she pulled her laptop close to her chest. At this time, Reijo graced the scene with his presence and immediately recognized Yukino. On instinct, his eyes narrowed and he crossed his arms over his chest in defiance. "What the hell do you think you're doing coming into my school without permission? Are you openly seeking war?" The young male's voice was filled with condescension and a bit of annoyance. However, once seeing how upset Carmen was with what had just happened, he'd ease the tension ever so slightly. Raising a hand to his head, he'd place his palm against his forehead and let out a troubled sigh. Carmen's current situation combined with Yukino's sudden appearance was quite stifling. When she began her long drawn out speech, Reijo would listen with narrowed eyes. It seemed like she always had something to say, no matter how many times they had encountered one another. She went on to say she was protecting Carmen, which Reijo scoffed. "I can do that, myself." Then, further more, she went on to say she had a "Goddess of Justice" helping her. Man, she sounded alot crazier now than before. Something was not right here, but Reijo knew those mailings usually came true. Wait, or did they? Yukino was to die the night the demon attacked, but somehow she still lived. Was her fate adverted?

"Explain yourself, Oketsu Yukino. Tell me everything you know, or you will not leave this school in one piece." A bold statement from a human who had no Persona, but he was completely confident he had an ace of his sleeve if the female went out of line. Any information was a huge help when it came to escaping this lockdown. If her information seemed ridiculously, he'd deal with her, but hearing her out until back up arrived was the most plausible ideal at the moment. Regardless, throughout all of this Carmen remained by Yukino's side with a pout before turning on her heel and stomping away down the hallway. Reijo wished to raise a hand to say something to her, but now was not the time. Things were becoming quite complicated for the young leader. "Damn it, Carmen.."
Back to top Go down
Yasuo Reiki

Yasuo Reiki

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyWed Apr 24, 2013 10:58 pm

As Carmen irately left the room, followed shortly after by Reijo, Yasuo limited himself to observe them in silence. The old teacher wasn't happy. At all. He had done what he thought was the best to protect the people that he had pledged his life to guide through the very last steps towards adulthood and towards success... But that didn't mean he liked it.The affection he felt towards Carmen as his teacher made him lament destroying her phone... Yet he wouldn't have changed the course of his actions if he had the chance, even if he had certainly too extreme.

It didn't matter. Carmen would get another phone. She would get the program and she would be able to keep studying it, this time with his supervision and much, much better equipment than a simple laptop. 'Once she learns a lesson that is', he thought as he opened his phone and looked again to the message that predicted Carmen's death.

After this small meditation, the teacher got on his way to catch up with Reijo and Carmen. Apparently, there was trouble being formed by a mysterious 'White Witch'... Was this the person responsible for the state of his beloved university?... Soon, he'd find out.

Exiting the computer lab, he soon spotted Reijo, Carmen and another person thanks to his colossal height. This suspicious third party was a young woman, around same age than the rest of the students, and she wore white martial arts clothes, what surely meant she was proficient at at least one branch of them... But there was no way this girl was the responsible for all the damage caused to the university. It was still a good idea to act cautiously.

Calmly but steadily, Yasuo approached the three of them from behind as he overheard their conversation. "Indeed.", he said once he was a few meters away from the group. "She speaks the truth... I too received this enigmatic death mail predicting Carmen's death this very afternoon. It was accompanied by a program that is without a doubt the very same one Carmen was breaking up. The fundamental premise of this is that it allows the summoning of supernatural entities... It is something not very different from what we were studying in the research department, but of course, the application was definitely not these... Entities... And to be honest, I didn't think it was possible... However, observing the code back in the laboratory I realized that if there was a program capable of doing it, it was this one.", Yasuo took another step closer to the group.

"Now, since the three of us possessed the same program which (as I'll request our mysterious visitor to demonstrate soon) can summon demons, that means that Carmen, as I predicted, had stepped into some mind of defensive mechanism which would have caused a demon, probably an ice one, to be summoned and kill Carmen, if not all of us, by freezing us solid... That is, if I hadn't intervened..."

Turning his head towards Carmen, he lowered his head and his expression hardened, "In other words, you Reijo and who knows how many people almost died because of your foolishness. Most likely, you wouldn't have been able to stop it with any kind of physical weapon... I tried to be reasonable, but you had to go on... Did you honestly think that such an advanced software that suddenly appeared in your phone wouldn't be shielded beyond belief?", even through the glowing red visors of his mask, his gaze was drilling. He didn't like to be like this towards anyone, much less someone he appreciated so much, yet a lesson had to be learnt for her own sake.
Back to top Go down
Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 11:03 am

Upset about her phone? Yukino feared that the poor girl had much dire matters to be upset about! It was almost a relief. Atleast Carmen seemed relatively safe, but now Reijo had to be dealt with. Lucky for the Oketsu, he didn't go on the attack straight off. He did seem like the type who wished to share words first before making serious actions. "War is the last thing you, nor I would want, Reijo-san. Just hear me out for a second." Yukino would begin to explain in detail what she had come across earlier that day, and the information it entailed. Details about worlds coming together, demons, the summoning app, and even the strange individual who shared the information with her. She would purposely leave the information about the strange church as last, just to top it all off with what might be the cause of everyone's death towards the end of the week. Honestly Reijo looked nothing like a religious man to believe in the false prophets from some deranged church, but every threat right now was real. There was a possibility that this God the church worshiped was really a demon. It'd explain how such a being could come into our world and wipe things out so thoroughly. After all, a God would not need to abide by the rules of this world. It could have come and done its role before a lockdown was commenced. But perhaps if it were a demon, it needed the barriers between the two plains of existence to be much weaker before it could cross over. That would explain why only weaker demons had been showing themselves, and not stronger ones seen in legend. It was safe to say, the longer the worlds began to mesh, the more powerful the adversaries would become. Yukino needed to do something about this lockdown now.

Once her explanation was finally complete, she'd take a breath and put a hand on her side. The only thing she left out was details about her own Persona, as she didn't wish to give too much information about her strengths or weaknesses. Now its moves or form. "Whatever is happening, it's big. I don't believe escaping the lockdown will be enough to escape what's coming, Reijo-san. The Church probably has more answers than I could ever provide you, but that's all I know for sure. I don't want to see anyone killed. We can make it through this, and I'm willing to lend you my strength if you do the same for me." Sometime during this, another entered the area and Yukino's eyes shifted to him momentarily. Simply because of his old appearance, no less. However, she knew it was unwise to keep her focus off Reijo, so she would once again look towards the white haired sociopath. Honestly, Yukino was not offering herself up as a lab rat for their tests. She would summon her Persona, and protect them, but not let them analyze Athena. The Goddess of Justice didn't belong to them. She was was matched with Yukino for obvious reasons. For one, their similarities in personality and over all objective. The girl hoped with Reijo's mind, and her prowess working together, things would go smoothly. Lifting the lockdown was not a one woman job. "Let's work together through this, Reijo-san. Regardless, more demons will start breaching Tokonosu. It's only a matter of time before the school is attacked again. We both need to get more aggressive in our actions. There are a few ways to stop this lockdown, and taming all the demons is one of them. Though, I have no idea how to do such a thing as of right now. Whatever the case, we need to do something fast, or we'll all be dead by the end of this. You, me... and even Carmen."
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyThu Apr 25, 2013 10:59 pm

Reijo listened to the woman's story with wide eyes and an expression that held not only disbelief, but one that held the reaction of "perhaps she's telling the truth." When it finally ended, his eyes would shift to their corners while in some thought. "A church. Yes, I've seen those strange people wandering the streets before. The one in the robes. Who knew they held such power... If what you say is true about this God, and the death of us all, then being aggressive is surely the next step here." The student leader tilted his head forward with a serious expression backing his gaze. "Oketsu Yukino. If you allow us to use your power to escape this lockdown before judgement day, then an alliance can be formed. I have no interests in lifting it unless it is absolutely impossible to escape. The rest of the trash on this island that's tearing at each other's throats do not bother me in the least. They deserve the fate of this so called "God" figure coming down to smite them. Those, such as the students of this university do not belong in the piles of deceased in the after math." Reijo's words were to the point, and not so surprisingly cruel. He obviously cared for his student body, and their lives, but he seemed quite cynical when thinking of the thugs outside the University gates. "If you don't mind, I'd like to witness this power of yours myself. After that.. insolent beast attacked the school looking for you, we lost alot of supplies in the damage. This means we won't last to the end of the week regardless. Here comes my point.." Reijo closed his eyes and crossed his arms across his chest. "The mall holds batteries, chargers, food, and overall supplies we need here. However, it is currently being occupied by a number of gangsters under a leader that doesn't seem to give a damn about life in general. If you may be so bold with this power of yours.. I'd like you to go to this mall, and recover some supplies. If you do this for me, I will personally be in your debt and you can see this school as your base of operations. If you fail, you'll most likely die." Reijo needed to know just how potent this power was, and while Yukino would go on this mission he supplied to her, he would look up his own information on this church, and apparently this God and demon world aswell. If the program installed itself in fight or flight moments, then perhaps he had a chance of gaining a Persona aswell. "It'd be better if you tackled this objective in the dead of night. The lower visibility may be of some use to you. I'll supply you with a flashlight and escort aswell. I suppose your phone battery will be close to death soon enough, so this trip will also benefit you aswell. Whenever you're ready, you may leave."

Once addressing Yukino, Reijo turned to look towards the older male. His eyes were narrowed. "So you had this program and didn't inform me? What were you thinking?" Reijo was left to speak to the man because Carmen had left without a word. She seemed rather upset, and didn't wish to share words with anyone at the moment. "We could have probably just removed the battery and cut the connection altogether. Destroying such a valuable asset was not the best idea. What if Carmen had the potential to become a persona user, and you just stole it away with such a half thought move? That's one weapon down we could have used if the gangs decided to attack, or if we planned on bursting through the barricades by force. You must remember, every action has a reaction. If more demons are beginning to show themselves, our security is no where near prepared to stop a full on assault. Students with broom sticks will not be anywhere near powerful enough to stop another demon attack like last time. Regardless if I wanted to accept The White Witch or not... we didn't have much of a choice in the matter. We need more firepower if we're going to survive this so called "ordeal from God."" His words were inaudible to Yukino when he spoke of her, as he didn't want to risk setting her off. The silver haired boy would not admit it, but he was in no position to be ordering her around. If what she said was true about this "power" she held, then things were to get worst in the future. Especially if the power fell into the wrong hands, such as the Church who seemed to all be Persona-Users. How could he get his hand on this power himself? "I have a favor to ask of you, Reiki Yasuo." Reijo took a step forward so the two of them were side by side, however he was facing the opposite end of the hallway. "Sometime tonight or tomorrow, scout this so called Church and see what they're really about. Something doesn't sit right in my stomach about this so called act of "God.""
Back to top Go down
Yasuo Reiki

Yasuo Reiki

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySat Apr 27, 2013 10:40 pm

In silence, Yasuo listened to the younger male in approbation of most of what he said but one thing. He didn't want to just save the students, but everyone he had the chance to. As a professor the students came first, but he wasn't going to abandon everyone else that he deemed to be good at heart. However, this was not the moment to discuss this.

Soon enough, quite to the man's surprise, he found himself being reprimanded by his student. "I admit I overdid it. But what I did was to completely assure that Carmen would be safe. Only God knows if that wicked thing would have been stopped otherwise, seeing how it's magical. However, I'll try to be less... Extreme... Next time. Also, in my defense I must say that I didn't believe such a thing as this program could be real. I believed it was likely a hoax, but never something like this... Only when I saw the code and the phone connected to the computer as Carmen worked I started pulling the pieces together." Once he had said this, he kneeled down in order to talk more discretely with Reijo, so the girl could not hear them. Should her approach, he'd stop talking. "Fear not however, I have a plan that should give us power just as great as the Church if not greater. However, this is to be talked about later in private... Regarding your favor... Look at me, Reijo. I'm seven feet tall and to see I need to wear this mask that glows bright red. I'm not exactly the best choice for a stealth mission... Our guest on the contrary..."

Standing up again he looked at Yukino, "If you tell me so, however, I'll do as you request... That heinous church is staining the name of our merciful Lord and I'd gladly do my best to thwart their plans", yes, startingly, Yasuo was surprisingly religious for a man that bordered on cyborg, even if he wasn't too vocal about them. "If you decide in the end to send me there, I'd like the operation to take place tomorrow... There's a man at the mall that will die tonight if I don't do anything... He is... A friend of sorts... So if you are fine with this, I'll go with our newfound ally, so we may help one another... What brings me to my last point", Yasuo took a step towards the girl, "Excuse me lady", he politely addressed her, "Since my power is still unlocked, I have a much smaller chance to survive. Thus, it is convenient that before we leave I unlock my power... And since it is unlocked only when under danger, I want you to... Attack me", he said. Most people would think he was joking, but the teacher was dead serious. It was much more reliable to have his potential unlocked by an ally that doesn't have any intention to kill him rather than having it unlocked under the merciless assault of the enemy. "I'm sorry to ask you this, but it's likely to be the best way to relatively safely unlock this power... I will not attempt to strike back myself."

"If you agree, let us go somewhere where we shall not damage the university further"
Back to top Go down
Cherry Blossom

Cherry Blossom

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 4:24 am

The mall? Wasn't that where all those annoying gang members were holding up these days? Atleast, that's what Yukino had heard. Not only did they wipe out the police force, but they ransacked all of Tokonosu Island for their own means. It made Yukino sick. She was outmanned and outgunned, but if all went well she would be able to sneak in and out without attracting too much attention. Though, the death mail said some innocent people would die this night. Would she allow them to die to get on the more positive side of Reijo and the University? Was this what she believed was called "acceptable losses for the greater good"? Ever since this lockdown began, she had been put in numerous situations that made her questioned her whole meaning of Justice. Save a few lives or save them all? The young woman lowered her had and clenched her fists. "Alright, Reijo-san. I'll do it. If I do survive this, and get you what you want, then do not go back on your word. I'll need your help in the coming days." Yukino gave Reijo a nod before attempting to leave the area altogether. She would find herself confronted by the strange looking individual who had joined in the conversation at some time. Reijo seemed to have some words with the male about what happened, but Yukino felt it wasn't her place to intrude. But when this man she didn't even know asked her to attack him, she almost laughed. Was he kidding? No? Idiot. "No. Now I'll be going. Stay here so I don't have to worry about a civilian getting killed on my watch. And don't do anything stupid trying to unlock your Persona. You're going to end up killing yourself, you know? When your time comes, it will come. If you even have the potential." The young woman would begin a light jog towards the exit. Hopefully her escort would be awaiting her, because she didn't want to wait. The mall was the destination, and she needed to be on her toes this time around. Especially since they all would have loved to put her head on a stake. Tears! T.T

OoC: Going to Mall
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptySun Apr 28, 2013 6:01 pm

Reijo pinched his chin between his index finger and thumb while looking at the teacher. "I've sent her to the mall simply because I know for a fact they are hostile there. All you would need to do would involve talking to members of the Church to see what they're exactly up to there. No stealth involved. If what she said was correct, they should have have access to Personas or demons there. Whatever rubbish. They could have the secret to harnessing this supernatural power on a wide scale. I need to see if they're truly a threat, or if we could use them in the future. Think of yourself as a diplomat. I'll also supply you with an escort aswell. It should be rather simple for you. Sending you to a battlefield is not the best action. Even one death here could hurt our final objective towards escape. Atleast in her case, we won't be missing anyone." He made sure to protect his own, and technically she was not one of them. Atleast not as of yet. "If this friend of yours is truly dying out at the mall, what exactly do you believe you can do to stop it? That is gang territory. They killed the law of Tokonosu in a single day. They'd murder you aswell. Don't be foolish, Yasuo. You're much more valuable alive than dead." As he spoke, Reijo made sure to alert the escorts to join Yukino. He needed to make sure she wasn't up to anything that could become quite troublesome in the future.

Cherry Blossom Escort Stats:
Back to top Go down
Yasuo Reiki

Yasuo Reiki

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] EmptyTue Apr 30, 2013 9:27 pm

"... Very well. As you wish, take care of yourself there lady... And if you happen to see a man by the name of Genzu, please, assist him...", said the old man when the young girl answered his proposition. He couldn't force her to do anything if she didn't want to. Plus, his experiment could happen not to yield the results he hoped for.

The teacher would turn then towards Reijo as he tried to talk sense into his sensei... If he was to be honest, even if he was respected, even if he was admired, he didn't really have such a thing as a true friend... It was painful, how as one aged, he became more and more lonely... Perhaps it was the very worst thing about adulthood. And it was something no one had warned him of... That's why for the teacher this man was so important... But to what extent?, was he really more important than his students surviving?

The answer was no... And he knew it. Even if he had to loose someone important, he could not put himself before his duty. "...", in silence the teacher just listened, in pain for the sacrifice he would have to do.

"I did change the fate of Carmen... But...", the teacher would look directly at Reijo's eyes through his glowing mask. "I will always do what's best for the Tiekuru University and its student body. You can count on me... Now, tell me, since you are sending me as a diplomat, I suppose that you've already made the necessary arrangements so my presence there tonight is known, right?... I'd like to avoid trouble with the guards. Specially if they are all capable of summoning demons."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]   Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon] Empty

Back to top Go down

Afternoon Delight [Day 2 : Afternoon]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next