Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
AuthorMessage
Grantus

Grantus

Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyWed Jul 29, 2015 12:17 am

No Enemies Detected - You Can Continue Forward
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:04 am

Julian held an arm in front of Mae, preventing her from running forwards. Jak would be enough of a surprise to the things; no sense in having her go there and get hurt in the process. Narrowing his eyes at his persona, the teen studied it for a moment, confused as to why he wasn't cackling or shredding into anything as was the norm when it came to shadows. His answer came within secons as he saw the demon right himself slowly, slipping back into the gentlemanly demeanor.

// Twas a ruse... //

The thought drifted into Julian's mind moments later, and understanding dawned on him. So it wasn't a Shadow he saw, just a trick of the light or something similar. No need for a fight after all, it seemed. Allowing his posture to relax a little, the male looked towards Mae and gave her a light smile. "False alarm, it looks like. Jak says it's all clear." That said, Julian motioned Mae to come along as he began walking down the corridor again, cathing up to his persona who quickly fell back into line at the rear, as before.

"Sorry. You were asking me about Em earlier, right?" He glanced over his shoulder at the girl for confirmation. Should she say no, he'd shrug and remain silent. If she said yes, he'd continue on. "She's...well, headstrong is kind of the right word, but not really. More...determined, I guess. She's the head of an army, after all; you kind of have to be set on your goals in that situation. Hm...what else..." He flipped his knife back and forth from a reverse grip to a normal one as he thought for a moment. "She's got a strong maternal streak. And she's a pretty rational person. Sentimental, but rational." That was a precarious balance she'd found herself, but he couldn't help but kind of admire it too. On one hand, you wanted to be close to people, but in her position, you had to take everyone into account, not just a handful of lives. Definitely not an easy choice, but somehow she made it work. Must take an awful toll on her psyche, though...

It wouldn't be too long until they came across another door. Like the others, this one had no distinct mark on it, and no way to tell what was waiting on the other side. Julian glanced at the handle for a moment before turning to face Mae. "Alright. Same drill as before." His voice was soft, so as not to possibly alert anything behind the door. "This could be an empty room, like the one we arrived in, or it could hold one of the other three. Get ready to fight, just in case. It'll be the same as before, when we saw that other copy earlier; I'll make sure you stay safe, so just back me up and we can get through this, just like last time." With one last reassuring smile, the teen turned to the door and gripped the handle, slowly pushing it open before quietly sliding inside, blade at the ready.

Movement:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Jul 30, 2015 6:39 am

"Huh... That's odd..." Mae blinked for a moment, speechless. Why was there no shadows here? She had clearly seen them... "I hope so... It would be bad if we got ambushed..." Better staying cautious than running around without a care in the world. That would just be foolish, not to mention dangerous.

- I'm not liking this, Mae... -

Qilin sounded worried as she narrowed her glowing eyes at the spot where the shadows supposedly were... "Me neither, Qilin... It's convenient. A little too convenient. We should be careful, just in case." You'd never know what kinds of tricks the shadows might employ to ambush them. "I know I really shouldn't worry too much about it, but... It keeps bugging me... It's almost like someone or something is playing mind games with us..." Or it could just be her being a bit paranoid. Not that the oppressive atmosphere of the place did her any favors. Why did it have to be a scary place? As she kept on walking, Mae felt something crack underneath her foot. She stopped for a moment, looking at what she had stepped on. A small picture frame with it's glass shattered... what was originally dispalyed was nowhere to be seen...

Making sure that they weren't being followed, Mae kept on walking with Julian as he started talking about this Emmeliene. "Yeah, I did. Might as well get to know what she's like before seeing her clone, don'tcha agree?" A faint smile would make it's way across her lips as the two moved forward through the club. "That seems like an awfully big burden to bear. She must be quite the woman then, if she can handle that. I sure wouldn't." Considering the state of Alternate Penecia, the fact that Emmy still had the will to fight was impressive enough. "She seems very nice. I'd love to meet her sometime."

"You got it. If it is indeed another clone behind this door, then we just have to take it out. And yeah, I'll cover you, so don't worry about that." Mae smiled at him before facing the door once again, taking a deep breath. "I'm ready when you are. Let's do this." What awaited them behind this door? She had no idea, but whatever it was, Mae prepared herself for the worst. She was in Top condition, and so was Julian, thanks to Qilin earlier. If there was indeed another Fragment waiting for them behind this door, then they were more than ready to face it. "After you. Teehee." Mae said in a chipper tone, making a gesture towards the door. It was now or never.

Movement:
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 12:40 am

The door slid open easily, oddly enough. He thought the hinges might creak or groan from the obvious lack of use, but it was silent, something he was extremely grateful for. At least now if something really was in this room, it wouldn't be tipped off too soon. Still, Julian only pushed the door open just wide enough for him to first peek inside, then, if the coast was clear, slide inside and press himself close to the wall, eyeing the place in case something was hiding about.

Rita had mentioned this place was tied to him. A twisted version of things and places and people he held dear. Maybe that was why he felt uneasy in some places. It was a little like when he was in the desert and had a...well, gut feeling when he was about to run into a shadow. A tingle down his spine and a heavy feeling in his stomach. That feeling was back with a vengeance. Surely something was in here...was it one of the two his "dad" mentioned, or just another shadow...?

Movement:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptySat Aug 01, 2015 6:02 am

Mae followed Julian carefully as he opened the door. Whatever was waiting for them inside, if anything at all, could attack them the moment they opened that door... Luckily, nothing seemingly attacked him as he moved through, so that was good news. Her grip around her naginata tightened as she stepped inside the room...

Movement:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:11 am

As Julian walked through, he entered what appeared to be a large bedroom, something that felt a bit familiar to Julian. The room was abnormally large, perhaps foreshadowing a fight. In the far corner was a bed, and on it, a young man would be playing a game, muttering something to a voice that sounded a lot like Julian's. Soon, he would suddenly take the controller he was using and throw it at the TV, shattering the screen, before turning his head to look at him. It was the exact face of Casper, a friend he had met once, but had kept in contact for a long time. Why would he be here?

"Oh?.....I guess seeing me took longer than expected. If you actually gave a damn about anyone but yourself you would have put more effort into what we had. Well, I guess that's it then," he said, picking up the controller he threw before jumping off the bed and looking at him, a twinkle of madness in his eyes. "I guess old habits die hard eh? Well then, I can change that for you." Another Fragment here to haunt the hidden parts that Julian knew? What more did he have within his heart?

PvS Combat Has Begun

Fragment of Casper:
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 3:49 am

God, how long had it been since he'd seen this room? Months. Maybe a year? It was in as as shody shape as the rest of the club and way out of proportion, but he could easily recognize key components of it. The carefully done, hand-carved headboard Mrs. English worked on for weeks under her son's instruction. The band posters strewn all along the walls. Instruments scattered around, although horribly smashed, rusted, or otherwise incapable of being played. That alone made Julian want to laugh, not out of humor, but at how poorly Casper was recreated. The guy would never do such a thing to his instruments. He loved them too much.

...Was this what Rita meant by "twisted"? Taking something that you thought could never happen and making it a reality? Turning everything in your life upside down?

The shattering of glass kept him from going further down that rabbit hole.

// Damn, how'd that thing even play...? // the teen wondered briefly, studying the worn TV for a moment before turning to see Casper's large blue eyes staring back at him, their playful glint long lost.

Normally, Casper taking anything seriously was kind of scary in and of itself. But it was a little strange to see his friend come at him with a game controller out of all the things he could've possibly used. That in and of itself was almost funny. In any other situation, Julian might've grinned at the sight. But this was serious. This wasn't Casper; just a trick of his mind, a little hidden fear or whatever the hell this place wanted to call it. And he had to act like it.

Giving the visage of his friend a listless, cold smile, Julian spoke up. "You will, huh? Well, give it your best shot, short stuff." It was almost hard not to call this thing "Cas" as usual. But it was better he didn't. The sooner he accepted the fact that what he was being shown and what was real were two separate things, the easier this would be.

Behind him, Jack crouched low, his eyes gleaming at the prospect of another fight come so soon. He managed to catch the fragment's gaze, giving it a sinister little smile that would have it shaken in moments.

Stats:

Action:

Passives:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyMon Aug 03, 2015 1:10 pm

That certainly was Casper alright... But something was off, clearly. His eyes didn't carry that glint of joy, nor did he carry that bright smile. Instead, his eyes were completely devoid of anything other than malicious hate... And the smile wasn't there to begin with. Just like the Clone from before, this one seemed to be covered in the same concentrated evil that coated every inch of this dreadful place.  Mae stood next to Julian, this time not as scared as she was before. This time she knew what she was facing... Her gaze didn't leave the Fragment for a second.

He wasn't real right? "Let's hit it with everything we got Qilin! No need to hold back!" Mae braced herself for combat, and Qilin's flames intensified. "Let him have it!"

- Alright! Let's end this quickly! -

The horse sprayed a large cascade of blue fire all over Casper, covering him in a sea of Cerulean flames. Her eyes glinted for a moment as she soared back behind Mae. "It's not over yet... If The fragment earlier is anything to go by, he's still alive and kicking." And indeed, when the flames died down, Casper would most likely stand there, still on his feet... Their way to Julian's Shadow was through him... So regardless whether they wanted to fight him or not... They would have to eventually...

Stats:

Passives:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyWed Aug 05, 2015 1:52 am

Casper smirked and leaped towards Mae, attempting to smack her across the face with his controller and then at her legs after the flames blistered across his body. "Are you not going to enjoy yourself? So you have changed since I last saw you. So boring. You left me behind to go have fun where you were huh? What happened to you now that you're here? Did you come just to relieve some regret from you? Does anything matter to you anymore?"

Fragment of Casper:
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 1:43 am

Gritting his teeth, Julian pushed Mae behind him and winced as the controller whacked him across the chest. // That's going to bruise... // He considered lashing out at Casper--no, this imitation of Casper--with Daemon, but he couldn't bring himself to ruthlessly stab the image of hsi best friend, regardless of whether or not this thing was an enemy. It was just too eerie, too...painful. Before he could think to clock it in the face or knee it or something, the imitation struck at his knees before slithering back, just out of reach.

A slight hiss of pain came from Julian before he looked back at Mae. "You alright there?" He took the blow, right? She was unharmed?

"Oh for--" Was this what this world wanted to spew at him? Was this it's idea of what had happened? Damn those attendants and damn this stupid world! In some part of his mind, he considered--no, knew they were only trying to rile him up. Getting angry would only fall into their trap. But the things this fake said...damn, this was one thing he couldn't help but retaliate against. "Goddammit, do you just focus on shit that's meant to push my fucking buttons? Well congratufuckinglations, you found my trigger." The sardonic smile he tried to shoot the copy came out more like a sneer. "Yay, you did your homework. I fucking moved. I left most of my family there, I left Casper, I left every single fucking thing and came here. Did I want to? No. Did I have a say? I guess I did. I could've whined and pitched a goddamn fit but you know what? Things worked out. I found a purpose here. I've met good people. I've learned things I never would've in Beverly Hills."

As Julian spoke, Jak slinked behind him, his top lip curling back in a snarl. His purple eyes focused on the blonde, growing sharper and narrower as his owner's voice grew more empassioned and angry. It didn't take 20/20 vision to see the correlation between the two at that moment.

"So don't think you can say things like that with Cas's face, things he, everyone else, and more importantly I know aren't true." Jak leaned back, readying himself, while Julian's lips twitched upwards into a slow, almost sinister smirk. "At least don't think you can get away with saying it without hearing what I have to say about it."

Stats:

Action:

Passives/In-Action Skills:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 6:16 am

"AH! Julian! Are you okay?!" Mae squeaked worriedly, as he took the two hits for her without a second thought. He was a bit reckless... but she was thankful for what he did... This was the second time he had taken a hit for her. "Y-yeah, I'm f-fine." She said, quite shaken. "Th-thank you..." her voice had toned down into a quiet whisper as she got back up on her feet.

What happened next scared her a bit. She had never seen Julian, or anyone else for that matter, this angry before... It was terrifying. Even more than anything she had seen up to this point. But she had to be brave. After all, he had saved her life. Running away now... would make her look like an asshole... And that was something she didn't want to be percieved as. So, instead of running away, Mae slowly inched her way towards Julian, despite how scared she was. She would eventually hold his empty hand reasurringly. "I... Know this stuff hurts to hear... but I think... Cas would never harbor these kinds of feelings. At least, that's what I think. You two are really close, and quite frankly, transparent with eachother. Just like close friends should be. If he really saw you as a traitor for leaving him back in Beverly Hills... Would he have even visited you here in Azores in the first place? What I'm trying to say is... I don't think this is the Velvet Room's distortion of Casper... I think it's... what you percieve him as. He's important to you, right?" Mae said, putting on a brave face for him. Heck, she even managed to give Julian a reassurring smile. "I'm here with you for a reason, you know. Now, let's get you patched up."

- But... shouldn't we...? -

Qilin narrowed her eyes towards Casper. "This clone spawned from Julian's subconscious, right? Julian has to face this and come to terms with it... They are here for a reason, after all..." She looked at the Fragment. A way of self-improvement, huh? Maybe that's what the true purpose of this whole ordeal was... "I'm with you every step of the way, Julian. So don't worry."

Stats:

Passives:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyThu Aug 06, 2015 11:44 pm

"Are you going to not simply accept that you're a failure at everything you attempt? Fine then, I shall show you." He said, as small blue sparks began to glow over his body, glaring at him. Was Casper so malefic in Julian's memory? Regardless, he looked to the two, and tossed his controller up and catching it with his other hand, as if making a sort of taunt to him. Casper had always been Julian's friend. Perhaps Julian resented having to abandon him when they met that day? It seemed like such a minor thing, but could it have been more...?

Fragment of Casper:
Back to top Go down
Paige

Paige

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 1:21 am

...What did she say?

This was his distortion of Casper?

The thought gave him pause for a moment. Rita did mention this was all a byproduct of him, in a sense. A fight against himself, he was pretty sure she said. But still, why would something like this be in his mind? Casper wasn't like this. Of course he wasn't. ...Right?

Jak seemed unburdened by these thoughts and worries. He quite literally launched himself at the blonde, seemingly hesitating only a moment before raking his nails at the copy's cheeks, arms, and torso furiously. "I dO nOt aPProVe Of yOur GAmeS." he hissed lowly.            

Stats:

Attack:

Damage:

Miss Chance:

Critical Chance:

Passives:
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 4:28 am

"He's up to something... I'm not sure I like this... Let's end this quick!" Qilin huffed in confirmation as she released yet another cascade of flames over Casper. She wasn't gonna let him do whatever he was planning.

Stats:

Passives:

Actions:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 EmptyFri Aug 07, 2015 6:24 pm

It was as though someone had ran into him with a truck, as the two attacks ran him down, and shot off much of his existence, leaving behind shards of his ruined face, along with a hand on the floor. It was a pitiful sight. "Ugh....I didn't even get a chance. But it's alright. You probably don't mean to be as angry as you are. Though sometimes that's what's necessary. Have a little passion and don't be so passive..." The hand gripped at the air as though attempting a gesture to Julian, which only failed and made a finger fall from the hand. "You know the drill. Emmilene is in the last block and you're in the one next to it. Maybe you'll survive, maybe you won't. But I trust you. Don't be afraid to do what needs to be done." And with that, his hand crumbled, and with a crooked peaceful smile, the shards of his face broke apart, leaving behind mere fragments of what was. Another burden was lifted from Julian's mind, as he now had a new lesson to carry with him in his future quest through the dungeon.

Enemy Defeated - You May Continue

Shuffle Time:
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)   Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening) - Page 3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Julian's Hollow Shell (Prime Awakening)
Page 3 of 9Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next