Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 7:13 pm

As a matter of fact, she didn't need to do any stopping. Because as far as comments went, he had none. He would briefly open his mouth to say something, but just shut it right after. If there were any situations where he was beyond useless, then it were those that dealt with stuff such as this. When they weren't only meant as a sarcastic joke, that is. ''....Right.'', he would mutter eventually, looking somewhere to the side. He actualy seemed anxious over it, which was probably rather unlike him. Well, for Naomi at least. He didn't remember her ever seeing him like that before. Unless his memory was having a hole in it today.

He would just smirk lightly. That had not really been the point. ''Hm? No. I wouldn't be upset, no matter what you'd say. I was merely jesting with the question, to see how you'd react. Besides, I can take an honest opinion, when needed.'' He wasn't really trying to bait her into saying something purposefully. As long as the answer was honest, he could take it. ''If you want to. Dresses aren't that bad. But I'd rather get to choose the color. Unless you have already figured out which one is my favorite since the last time we spoke.'' He did remember she tried guessing white back then, which was not far, but not it either. Besides, the said color was..actually girly enough for a dress anyway. Well, most people would probably put it on a girl, rather than a guy. For reasons unknown. Most likely the same reasons as they had for saying that pink is for girls. He would actually puff up his cheeks somewhat awkwardly when she joked about him being lucky. ''Funny...most people end up complaining about me, and would probably happily take the opportunity to make me normal. Whatever normal even is. Most likely everything that is not me.'' He wasn't that blind. Even though not everyone actually had the gall to say it to his face, he knew as much. Most people had hard times handling him.

''I think..she simply doesn't find much worth in living in general. She did ask me to kill her after I defeated her as well.'' There was almost no way he would have agreed to that, no matter what reasoning she gave him at that moment. He was capable of being rough, but he wouldn't go as far as murder, even when he thought they deserved a harsh lesson. If he ever did, it would almost surely be to defend himself, while having no other choice. ''I believe I understand how she feels well enough...I doubt she'd attack me if I make a point of approaching her myself. And I did tell her most of these things while we fought, actually. She is a bit stubborn, however.'', he would smile in faint amusement. Whether he was just being foolish or not, he was still willing to risk it. ''And it's not only us anyway. As far as I know, there is one more in Azores. At the very least. I found that out just randomly, so I don't know whether it ends at that.'' It was somewhat ironic. Even three was already quite a lot, considering that Azores wasn't the kind of place one would expect people to run off to.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun May 17, 2015 8:29 pm

Panic would spread over her face and straight through her eyes as Sharaku seemed to go quiet. She had broken him. That couldn’t be good, “You don’t have to say anything. I didn’t mean to make you feel awkward. I was just saying what came to mind.” She was rushing the words out of her mouth as quickly as she could, attempting to fix whatever it was she did. Why was she so bad at talking to people? Actually, she wasn’t. She just had a bad habit of saying the wrong thing at the wrong time. It was her curse.

She raised an eyebrow, “If you need me to say it, then you don’t know. I mean, you’re an attractive person, but…” That was her honest answer. She had to admit he was good looking and would probably make most women swoon, but she never felt that way with him. That was the reason she didn’t really want to make a comment before. She didn’t know how to say it. She was sure he knew though. He had to know that most people would find him attractive. Then again, she was sure that it was clear that neither of them felt that way about the other, “I guess I just don’t see most people that way. I can admit when someone is conventionally attractive, but to me most people just look average. That’s not on you though. That’s on me. I don’t know why it happens that way though.” Now her ranting was just one long stream of word vomit. She sighed at her own awkwardness, “I’m going to pretend my words make sense and move on now. And, no, I haven’t figured out the color yet. I’m pretty sure that it’s not orange, yellow, or black. I’m not sure if it could be blue, purple, red, green, or brown. I’m not even considering pink, and if it’s some weird color combination, I am doomed, because I can’t think that far ahead.” She was leaning towards red or purple right now. She rolled her eyes at his pout, “A normal Sharaku would be boring. I like you the way you are, and other people should too. If they don’t and try to change everything about you, then you don’t need them.” What good where people that didn’t like who you were. Sure, little things could bother them, but they shouldn’t try to change everything.

The shock in Naomi’s face was clear as day, “She asked you to kill her?” She would repeat in disbelief. What kind of situation was it where death was a better option than going on? Even joining sides and trying to make it through? She couldn’t believe it. That was horrible. And now there was a third one? How many of them were here, trying to escape death? This was the place they had come, trying to escape, and now it was dangerous. They couldn’t go on like this, could they, “Just be careful, okay?” She didn’t need any news that he had gotten himself killed somehow.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 9:04 am

Uhhh, no. Not that. Sharaku would shake his head, raising his hands. ''It's not..that. It has nothing to do with..awkwardness. I just..'', he would frown vaguely, looking at her intently for a few moments, as if considering something, though giving up on it as quickly as he started. ''...nevermind.'', he would sigh lightly. ''You didn't do anything, don't worry about that.'' She hadn't said anything wrong. It was just him being himself.

He would huff. ''I don't need to. I just feel interested, that's all.'' It wasn't necessary for her to tell him. It would simply be entertaining to know what exactly she thought. He didn't particularly talk about such subjects with people often, so why not? ''Maybe you just need to find the right person? I don't really know the logics of this. Can't say I think of people in terms of whether they are good looking or not either. Not unless they specifically point it out.'' Well, it sure wasn't among the first things he noticed about someone he met, or knew. Honestly, what they were like was more important than looks. Or maybe he simply wasn't moved by it much. ''Don't worry, your words make more sense than a lot of gibberish I hear from others. Maybe I just need to get personalized dictionaries for everyone, however.'' She definitely made much more sense than three quarters of what Hyde said on normal days. So, he had little to complain about. He would snort. ''I'm not going as far as color combinations yet.'' Why would he? ''It's one of the ones in the second line you said. Though, I don't really hate pink either. It's just somewhat unconventional.'', he would elaborate this time, giving her an easier time choosing. Now she only had 5 colors to pick from. Easier, right? ''Perhaps so. But I'd be quite lonely if I only hung around people that have no problems with me. Then again, I am used to being a loner.'' It was only lately that he spent more time around people. That wasn't really a thing in the past.

He would raise an eyebrow when she seemed so shocked about that kind of request. Was it so hard to believe? ''Yes?'', he would tilt his head, before settling in a slightly worriesome frown. ''Well, perhaps it is a bit hard for some people to wrap their heads around. I can understand the notion, however.'', he would chuckle faintly. ''I have considered suicide about 3 times in the past, and I've almost done it once. The world, and even people can be cruel. Sometimes, death seems like the better option.'' When you're unlucky, you simply are. ''I'll be fine. I know what I'm doing. This isn't the first time I've risked like that.'' It was nice that she cared, though.

Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 5:36 pm

“Blame it on me being nosey, but now I want to know what you were going to say.” She was the cat that was killed by curiosity, after all, “Unless you really don’t want to. I’m not going to make you.” She only wanted to know how he would have finished that statement, “Still, good to know I didn’t make things awkward. That’s a good way to kill any conversation quickly.” She would laugh at herself. Sometimes it was good to just talk. Even if it was just them going round and round about nothing in particular. She didn’t know how to put it. It reminded her of a more calm time. It was nice.

She sighed in relief when he seemed to understand, “Thank goodness. Most people think I’m weird when I say that I don’t find most people attractive. Of course, there are exceptions. Strangely, it always seems to be when I have crushes that people are suddenly attractive.” She would stop right after she said that, “Well, chalk that up to Naomi talking too much about herself. Now you know more about me than you probably ever wanted to.” She wasn’t sure if that last part was sarcasm or not. She didn’t exactly know if he had any conscious desire to know that kind of thing, or if he never even thought of it. Well, he knew now. Oh well. She figured it was fair, considering everything they each knew about the other. She cheered a little, “Sweet. That means I am halfway there. Now I just need to narrow it down. I’m not thinking it’s blue, so… red or purple?” She really was leaning that way, and she may as well guess. She would give him a long, hard stare, “You’re not alone anymore, so used to it or not, it isn’t happening. I’m just saying that you don’t have to change who you are. The people who deserve to know you will accept you. If they don’t, well, you don’t need ‘em. Not that some people won’t try to change you for the better. They just shouldn’t change the fundamentals of who you are.” If that made any sense.

She couldn’t buy that. She would never believe there was a time when death was a better option than life. Her life probably hadn’t ever gotten to that point, so she couldn’t understand. Still, she believed that troubles were temporary and, “I don’t like knowing that you can think that way. Well, less that you can and more that you have.” She would almost look sad, “Death is so permanent. Once it happens, it’s all done.” She seemed almost uncomfortable, [color=#ffcc00] “If it means anything, I’m happy that you failed that time you tried.” She would leave it at that. She had right no talk, since she never considered suicide, “I trust you to do what you need to.” That was the other thing she would say about dealing with the woman. She believed Sharaku could take care of it. She knew he could.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Hm, he was going to..Uh, what was he going to say again? Truthfully, he wasn't particularly sure what had he been trying to spit out. In any case, it would be better to rephrase it, if he was to tell her anything. His gaze would flicker from left to right a few times. ''Well, I guess...I'm just, bad at this. I'm too used to people being negative towards me. I don't know what to do when faced with the opposite...I have a hard time trusting people when they say that...because it tended to backfire on me in the past.'', he would sigh, looking down. ''Nothing against you, though. I just have a hard time breaking this habit...as much as I try.'', he seemed rather sad when saying that, though he would force himself to shake it off, to not kill to conversation for real..

''I think..that's probably normal? Besides, I learn more than I would ever want to more often than not. This actually has nothing on certain things.'', he would say, his lips quirking into a slightly amused smile. ''After you hear Hyde talking about how sperm enter eggs in a completely casual and conversational manner, there is no way there will be something that is too much anymore. Trust me.'' He still had no idea how that actually happened. Nor did he truly want to. Number one Hyde rule. Do not ever, under any circumistance, try to make sense of what the redhead is saying. Lest, you will lose your sanity before you know it. ''Smart call. Now just pick correctly out of those two. Which shouldn't be hard, considering what we've been talking about not so long ago.'' Aka, he had said he wouldn't want to wear Santa clothes. And that he did not like red that much. Depends on whether she remembered that little fact. ''Perhaps..I just need more time. Me being used to being alone is not the whole problem afterall. In that case, it would be somewhat easy. Though...I don't blame people for taking attempts to change me...I just wish they'd try to understand why I am the way I am first, rather than jump straight to action...and almost always only make it worse.'' Well, people will be people.

''It is how it is. I do find it a little ironic, in a sense. Death is one of the things I'm not afraid of anymore. Which probably can't be said for many people.'', he would look at her. ''In the end..I actually didn't do it...because I considered the option that death may just end up being worse than life. Not that I believe in afterlife...but with all this insanity, you never know...Even if life still is a pain in the neck even now, but I know giving up just makes you a big coward.'', he would close his eyes with a tired chuckle. ''I'll do what I can. That much I can say.''
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 1:20 am

She would look at him before giving a smirk, “It’s okay. I’m really expressive with people. I don’t expect you to be the same way.” She laughed happily, “Do I seem like I’m going to turn on you?” Her smile would turn slightly sad, “Sharaku, when I don’t like people, I will tell them. You know that from my relationship with Hyde. Heck, even then, I don’t think I would ever turn on him. I’m not that type of person.” She wanted to reach out and pet him like she did with other, but she wasn’t sure he’d care for that, “I understand that’s it’s a hard habit to break though. I just hope you believe me somewhere deep down.” She understood that his past was murky and filled with bile. She couldn’t erase that. She could only fix the future. That was something she would gladly do.

Her eyes twitched before her skin went sickly pale, “I got to avoid that part of health ed. Can we please not talk about it, especially if it was something Hyde said. I think I’m going to be sick.” That part of nature was so creepy. Even worse, she was the half that was expected to carry the baby. Consider it childish, but she didn’t want anything growing inside of her. It reminded her of those tales of watermelons growing inside your belly and splitting it open. That was a horror fest in and of itself. She shook the thought off before a light bulb went off in her head, “Why, Mr. Sharaku, I believe your favorite color is purple.” She would say with a smile. She hoped she was right. She always suspected it was something along those lines. Strange conversation though, when you stopped to think about it, “Take whatever time you need. Rome wasn’t built in a day, or so they say. No one can reasonable expect you to change who you are overnight. You have years of experience behind you, and that will always have an effect on how you act. They’re the habits that will always stick around, because they are the ones that kept you safe and that you used when you were learning who to be. They make you who you are.” Everyone was like that. The real issue was making sure they weren’t completely dominated by it forever. She didn’t want him to change who he was. She liked this Sharaku. She only wanted him to see that he could be anyone he wanted now. Whoever it was he wanted to be.

So, he only stuck around because death may have been worse? That made her want to cry. No one should ever have to feel like life was bad, and death could be worse, “Being afraid of death and not wanting to die are not the same. I’m not saying you should be afraid of death, since I don’t know what it’s like, but I’m hoping you found something that you want to live for.” He wasn’t in that place anymore, so maybe he was willing to find something good. She couldn’t and wouldn’t force him. She only hoped. She trusted him, and that was his business in the end.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue May 19, 2015 2:07 pm

Sharaku would blink a few times, tilting his head with a thin smile. ''I think I know well enough. You're not as hard to read as some.'' It wasn't that he actually believed she didn't mean it. It was just an annoying feeling...But he could ignore it, sort of, as long as he knew thinking so was stupid. It was worse with people where he really had no way of being even remotely sure. ''Speaking of relationships, however...'', he would go off the subject a little bit. ''I've spoken with Alphonse some time ago. He seems overly intent on trying to fix the team, and make us all get along. He might try to coerce you and Hyde to make up. Just thought I'd let you know so you can prepare. He appeared quite eager to go change your and Hyde's views. I've told him he should be careful with his choice of approach, but you can never know.'' He didn't know how she felt about that subject, but he'd guess she wouldn't be extremely happy to have people butting in on her personal relationships with people.

He would laugh under his breath at her reaction. ''Want me to get you something to throw up into?'', he'd suggest, almost a little sheepishly. ''But no, I am not intending on continuing the subject. I said it only to give you an example of how there are worse ways of being told something you don't really want to hear.'' He wasn't bothered by that kind of talk when it was reasonable, but he wouldn't make it into a discussion either. Because...what would be the point of doing so? Hyde was probably the only one that would honestly enjoy talking about this with friends casually. ''I'd give you a prize, but I don't have anything useful on me right now. But yes, it is purple.'' On the other hand, it really had not been a hard guess by now. ''Time can be surprisingly scarce just when you actually need it.'', he would chuckle lightly. ''But I get what you mean.'' It wasn't really new stuff. It just wasn't so easy to put in use sometimes.

''I know they are not. I don't particularly want to die right now, but nor am I afraid of it should it end up happening.'', he would look at her thoughtfully. ''Though, it's almost ironic. It isn't even hard to die when you want to. Killing someone is quite easy to accomplish.'' Afterall, many people died even when they did not want to. There wasn't anything stopping one from doing it, except maybe their own mind.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 1:56 am

She would give a cocky, feigned offended smirk, “Are you saying I’m an open book?” Not that she minded. She liked that people could tell what she was thinking. It made her feel better about talking to them, especially since she wasn’t good at speaking herself. She would release an audible groan when Sharaku switched topics, “Don’t get me wrong, I love Alphonse, but I’m not too excited about him planning to fix me and Hyde. We don’t get along for a reason. There are just some things that don’t go the way you planned. This is one of them. I’ve told Hyde the only way I will give him a second chance. If he wants to do that, it’s his call. If not, no skin off my nose. Aside from us two, I think the team gets along fairly well. Except for me and Kurosawa, but we also never hang out. I mean, I invited him over recently. I think he got a little mad at me, but we ended the day well.” It had been a bit awkward. Still, she knew more about him now than she had before, “Thanks for the warning though. If we would have popped that out of the blue, I probably would have gone off. This way, I can be ready to keep my calm.” He had no idea how helpful his warning really was.

She would put on a face of exaggerated nausea, “Please. I don’t think I can make it. The damage to my poor mind is too severe. Leave me to die and decay.” She hung her head as if she had just died before laughing, “Honestly, there is a point at which you can say someone is giving you too much information. I think things like that are the reason people should come with mute buttons.” She had no idea why anybody would want to have a conversation like that. It was creepy. She would applaud herself, “Knowing I was finally right is the only thing I need. I’m just glad I got it.” She stared at him almost blankly, “Stop being so pedantic- if that’s how you use that word. Just, do what you need to. Time may be short, but we are masters of time. I’m not letting some vague concept run my life.” She was a rebel like that. She was also a little crazy.

She shrugged, “Dying isn’t easy, but it isn’t hard. You die when you don’t want or plan to. I don’t even know if the people who want to really want to.” She wasn’t someone that ever considered it, so she didn’t know, “I admit that I don’t know a lot about what people are thinking when stuff like that runs through their head, but I don’t want to believe anyone really wants death. I think we all just want better lives.” Not that she knew if that was what everyone wanted. It was just an idea. One she thought could be right, “If we die, we’ll never get that. Maybe that’s why people don’t really want to die.” Or something like that.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed May 20, 2015 7:02 pm

He would tilt his head, squinting at her. ''Is that a bad thing or no?'' She didn't seem overly upset, though. ''But no, not necessarily. Still, compared to some people I know, you are definitely one of the easier to understand.'' She was generally to the point, and when she was actually joking, it had enough context to be understood fairly easily, without having to nitpick on the possible meaning endlessly. He would scratch at his cheek when she groaned after his words. Well, guess it was good to let her know..? He would sigh faintly. ''Maybe I shouldn't even have told him anything. We somehow ended up discussing teamwork and that came up. He was interested in feedback, so I ended up telling him why I think you and Hyde don't get along...I didn't think he would suddenly get so eager to make you two up, though. I did warn him about being too persistent, but he said something along the lines of...going to meditate about it. I do hope he is not going to just make it worse.'' He really wanted to facepalm right now. But it was something they'd have to deal with on the way. It was bound to eventually come up, as long as the animosity kept persisting. ''I wouldn't say we all get along that well, in fact. It's just that you and Hyde are the big elephant in the room, so no one seems to be paying attention to the rest...That's just what I think, however.'' Maybe it was only him. Eh. ''You are welcome though. I figured it could at least go smoother, rather than it being a surprise action, in case it does happen.'' On the other hand..he wouldn't be upset if she ended up punching Hyde again or such..as long as he deserved it, that is. He himself has his moments when he wanted to just slap the redhead across the face. Sadly, he would have to get provoked a lot for him to snap. Violence was something that could both feel good to do, and make him regret it later.

''In that case...perhaps I should just dig you a grave instead.''
, he would quirk a somewhat amused smile. She was right though. Some things could be rather inappropriate when said in a wrong setting. He would blink a few times, with a blank look. ''Mute button. Definitely.'', he'd say in a deadpan tone. ''At the very least for a certain person I probably don't need to name, who does not get it even when told that it is simply TMI.'' That, would actually be worth a Nobel Prize if it ever came true. ''Ah well, at least you aren't expensive to keep around. Not that I would mind..'', he would chuckle. It was fine with him. ''Don't look at me for the use of a word. I am not the native English here.'', he would state, rolling his eyes humorously. ''I get it though.'', he'd smile lightly.

''Hm...'' How to even put this. ''It is.. a hard concept to grasp, as well as explain. I'll give you that.'' It was possible to both want and don't want to die at the same time. It was a confusing matter. And much more so for those that were never in the position before. ''It depends on the person, and the way they think. But it is certainly possible to hit so low you seriously believe death is better than wishfully waiting that your hopes of a better life actually come true.'' And it wasn't a fun state of mind.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 12:53 pm

She shook her head, “Not a bad thing. I just hope I come with an index page.” She liked the book analogy. She liked books. Well, she liked them when she bothered to actually read them. Usually she kept within the visual and auditory media. Books may fuel the imagination, but she liked to look at the colors and hear the sounds other people made, “As long as you understand me, it’s all good. I just don’t want to think I’m leading you around in circles.” That would be awful. Then he really would have no idea what she was talking about. She shrugged, telling him she didn’t mind, “We’re a team. As dysfunctional as we are sometimes, we have to communicate. I don’t mind you talking to Alphonse about it. I just wish his first course of action wasn’t to try and fix us. I think we work better the less we have to deal with each other. Besides, he knows the reason I’m angry and I’ve told him how to fix it. If he wants to make up with me, he knows what to do. If he doesn’t, that’s his call. Playing therapist for us won’t fix that.” She rubbed the back of her head with a slight blush, “I guess we are. Still, fixing us won’t do much. I don’t think we even can be fixed. I think we’re caught in this endless loop of hating one another and getting angry. My fits of violent rage don’t help that; it’s just that I can’t stop.” She really did believe it was far too late for anyone to help. The only way to fix her relationship with Hyde was for him to do something about it, but he always found new ways to piss her off instead. It was inevitable.

“Don’t need to. I always wanted to be cremated. It’s what everyone in my family does. The issue is usually who gets the ashes, but since my mom is my only family, I guess she wins by default.” It was strange though. She had never gotten to see her Grandmother’s ashes after she died. The debated ended with her uncle getting them, and then he moved away from Azores. It was too bad. She loved her Grandma and would have liked to see them once in a while. At the time, she had been the only grandkid, so she was spoiled, “We may not have a mute button, but we have duct tape. They are essentially the same thing in this situation. Except one of them is excessively painful to remove.” Guess which option she was rooting for? It was the silver one, “Hey, English is hard. Even for native speakers it makes no sense.” Which was true.

She sighed, “I don’t think I’ll ever understand.” She wasn’t that type of person. She always had hope that things would get better. She always wanted to change things and make them better. Even if she didn’t know how, she always tried. It just didn’t make sense to her. It probably never would.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu May 21, 2015 6:22 pm

Index page, eh? ''Ah, I haven't taken the time to check yet, but it does sound like a neat thing to have.'' The idea of flipping pages through a person the same way as you would with a book was amusing, to say the least. But also a little boring. Knowing too much about a person without any effort at all was probably not the right way either. There would be no point in hanging out with them anymore, because you would know everything there is about them already. ''I personally understand you well enough. As for other people, only God knows. Everyone's perception of things is different.'' And it can be quite a pain to get around at times, mainly when it was needed to be on the same page. He would look up at the sky with a light frown. ''It isn't a simple problem, indeed. It makes me wonder, however. At this rate, our little makeshift team may just end up breaking apart like a puzzle board that had been put together wrong. I am fairly certain Hyde will not do much. He claims he doesn't want to regret anything he does, and he actually seems upset, and thinks that you are not giving him the time of the day when he's trying to make up. Or at least, that's how it appears when he speaks of it. He even appears to be somewhat jealous that I get along with you well, while he does not.'', he would furrow his brows. ''It's bad that it isn't only the two of you either. If I am to be really honest, the only one I get along with smoothly is you. The others are here and there, depending on the situation. Hyde being the worst, which is not surprising. I simply don't get him. One moment he speaks about how we are great friends, doesn't shut his mouth no matter what, and then another, he doesn't listen to what I'm saying at all, avoiding giving an actual response. It's as if he only reacts to things that interest him at the moment. Frankly, he's lucky I dislike being violent, otherwise I would have slapped him several times by now. I can't do it, because I always end up regretting and feeling bad about such, even when the person does deserve the treatment. It's just frustrating.'' If things really couldn't be fixed, he didn't see this so called team getting far. One day, there would be an instance that would cause them to turn on each other or simply everyone going their own way, seeing as there wasn't really a lot that truly held them together. To be truthful, he was only attending any team venture because he wasn't stupid enough to go face a huge threat on his own. Not because he enjoyed working with each of the team's members. He could really forego that if it wasn't a neccessity to avoid dying like an idiot, for not having any back up.

Toodles. ''Ah, well, I can't help with that. I can only freeze things, not burn them into ashes. Though, if you ever have a need for popsicles, feel free to let me know.'', he would smirk in slight jest. Let's not talk about death so seriously all the time. It was already a grim situation when it happened for real. He would snort. ''Duct tape, hm? Wonderful. The only downside is, that it is not something I carry in my pockets on a casual day. But the idea does sound nice.'' Imagining Hyde trying to pull that off of his mouth was quite hilarious. He'd pay to see that one day. ''Apparently not hard enough to stop us from having a decent conversation.'' Right?

Well...''That's alright, I suppose. Understanding would mean you could think that way, which is not really a good thing, is it now?'', he would laugh lightly, looking over to the ocean, the wind ruffling his hair a little.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 1:04 pm

She chuckled, “It would be nice, but I don’t think I’d want one. Then you wouldn’t get to learn about me. You’d just have to flip through the pages and find the answer. How dull would that be? I’ll tell you: very.” She liked people knowing her and how she felt, but she wasn’t that open, “I think I understand you well enough, too. Well enough to have an extended conversation with you at least.” She rolled her eyes, “I can’t control his feelings. He says I don’t give his the time of day, and nowadays that’s true. In the beginning though, I was much more willing to let it go. Back then, I only wanted him to say he was sorry and to acknowledge what he did and why it was wrong. If he would have done that, I would have been more lenient. Instead, he kept acting like he was free from blame. I even tried to help him out by telling him why I was upset, and he still acted like he had done nothing wrong. It wasn’t until his mistakes affected an entire world that I decided he wasn’t worth my time anymore. His action put several people in danger. The thing that made me the angriest, however, is that he endangered people I care about with both actions. They were both things that could have been easily avoided, too. In one, he should have relayed all the information. We could have done something before Lune and Rinna went to that world. They came back though, so I was a little more forgiving for that. Not much, considering what they still had to go through, but enough to function. The other thing should never have happened… He shouldn’t have been in the other San Malarus to begin with. We had agreed to stick to certain worlds and investigate. I was learning so much about it, and I had even made a friend…” Her eyes dropped in sadness, “There was only one rule that had to always be followed: don’t let anyone know you have a Persona. It was such a simple rule. Then Hyde went into that world, not even asking me if there was something he should know. He goes into a world he knows nothing about and the first thing he does is get in a fight and summons his Persona. How stupid could you be?” Her face was a mixture of sadness and rage, “Even if you didn’t know, you shouldn’t just summon them out of the blue. Do you know what the reactions of the people who say that were? They were terrified. They started booing and yelling at him. The guy he was fighting was filled with so much fear. He was a mess, begging Hyde to leave and throwing attacks to make him go away. You know what Hyde did? He kept fighting. He was given the option to go so no one got hurt, but he kept going. I’m sure from everyone but Hyde’s perspective, he looked like a monster. He was the beginning of their most feared event all over again.” Her hand was clutched tightly around the fabric of her lower half, stiff so that it wouldn’t shake, “I told him that, but he won’t acknowledge what he did. He keeps making excuses. He keeps trying to find some reason none of this is his fault. I can’t stand it. That’s why I won’t give him the time of day anymore. Not until it’s fixed. I told him that. He just doesn’t listen.” She clenched her teeth so hard the ached.

She took a deep breath and sighed, “I know. Our team is messed up. I’ve always known. Unless you forgot my angry rant from when we were still new.” She remembered, even if it was said out of anger towards Hyde and was mostly bull shit, “We have so many issues between people. Half of our team doesn’t get along with one another. It’s not a good way to function. I think the only thing holding us together at this point is the desire to do something. We don’t even completely know what that something is.” For her, it was to save the home she always knew and her friends in every world, “We’re a mess.” She laughed almost sadly at that, [color=#ffcc00] “I know how you feel. I mean, I get along with Alphonse, but I don’t get along with everyone either.” She tilted her head, “If you need someone punched when they deserve it, my services are always available.” She offered. That would be fun.

She gave a cocky smirk, “We can have a regular old ice-cream social. I’ll bring the colorful syrup.” She had to contribute somehow. Plus, she only had control over dirt and mud. Nothing too fun about those. Unless you liked being sucked into the void. Or, maybe she could make a maze for fun. She didn’t know how much effort that would take though. She wiggled her eyebrows mischievously, “I have a purse. I’ll make a note to start carry duct tape with me.” Problem solved. She laughed, “I’d say this is going a little bit better than decent, wouldn’t you?” She thought it was rather nice, in fact.

She nodded, “I guess it does…” It was true. She couldn’t think that way, so she couldn’t understand. She followed his eyes out across the ocean as a smile worked its way across her face, “Lovely view, isn’t it?” She had grown to like this place quite a bit these last few months. She couldn’t help it. It felt like the last calm place in the world to her. Something she was dearly missing.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat May 23, 2015 7:31 pm

''Fair point. It would be too boring.'' He knew that. As nice as it sounded..and even was helpful, it would be a bore very soon. When she spoke about her relation to Hyde, Sharaku would remain quiet through her speech, letting her say all she wanted, before responding. Well, attempting to, at least. He didn't have many meaningful things to voice here. He knew well what she meant, and he couldn't deny that he mostly agreed...no serious offense to Hyde. Perhaps the redhead's original intentions were meant to be nice, but they seemed to always get stuck halfway when it came down to executing them properly. And Hyde was too hardheaded to learn from his mistakes. Instead he kept repeating the same tactics again and again, as if he was hoping it would one day start to suddenly work. Either that, or he instead chose to do nothing. Which wasn't really a win either. He would give her a sad smile, stepping closer to put a hand on her shoulder. ''..I can't say he's gone as far as mess up what I've done..but I understand how you feel. He never listens to me either..not unless I spell it to him letter by letter...and even when I accomplish something, he forgets about it very soon. He did say sorry to me for things before, but he's always done them again later. He's too rash for his own good. The only thing he's doing, is contradicting himself left and right.'' Because, really. Saying that you want to help everyone, and all, somehow goes against things such as keeping on with a fight the way he did in San Malarus. Or was it that Hyde only cares when talking? He really didn't know anymore. ''I'd offer to help, but I don't know how much could I do...''

Yes and no, to an extent. ''If I am to be frank here...the only reason I go along with the team vetures and such at this point, like the time we went to save the girls, is because I know it's suicide to face these things alone, with little to no back up.'', he would shake his head with a sigh. ''Sometimes I think it would actually be better if we split up, and went our own ways. Even if only in half. There are other people with powers that can fight, so we wouldn't be alone either way. I don't think it's a very good idea to hold a team like we are together...if an enemy knew enough about us, they could defeat us simply by turning our bad relations against us. The others would probably give me the looks for this..at least Hyde and Alphonse, but that's what I think, after seeing the way we're headed. The moment a fight turns from the simple 'beat the thing up' into something more meaningful, we might as well be doomed.'' Yes, it was nice that Sentinel was all into restoring teamwork, and while a try is a try...it was hard to believe it was possible. Hyde and Naomi were a level of their own. He and Hyde were also on rather rocky terms...and the rest was here and there, aside from a few pairs that could actually get along. But two people here and there getting along, would not make the whole team do the same. While he would like to see it work, the more he thought about it, the more hopeless it seemed to even waste time on it...''I'd love to take the offer, but even punching people loses its appeal after a while...Probably not worth it in the end...''

He would blink, quirking a slight smile. ''Yes, maybe. I haven't had ice cream in ages...perhaps life is just too frustrating and busy at times.'' His head was usually too full of some nonsense to think of simple things like eating ice cream. Ah well. He would huff in amusement. ''I suppose that is one way to go. I just hope you won't use it on me. That would blow.'' And it would also hurt, obviously. Naomi didn't seem like she'd want to tape him shut though. Better hope it stayed that way. ''Can't deny that one.'' It was going well, yes.

''The ocean is always nice to watch..'', he would mutter, watching the waves thoughtfully. Too bad a view was always temporary. You had to eventually look away.
Back to top Go down
Drea

Drea

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 6:10 pm

Still, she could use one. Then she could find the answers about who she was by herself. Still, that would be boring too. She actually was enjoying figuring out who she was. She hadn’t completely changed, but there were some things she never would have thought about herself she was finding out. An index would have been so boring for that. Plus, that would make a person set in stone. She didn’t like that. She wanted to change. Naomi was almost surprised when Sharaku put his hand on her shoulder. She looked up at him, her eyes filled with sadness and fading anger. She was so tired of being angry, but she couldn’t forgive Hyde. Not until the wrong he did was made right. She put her hand over his and smiled, “Thank you…” It was nice having him there. He was the person she got along with the most out of the entire group. Heck, he may have been the person she got along with the best out of everyone she knew.

She nodded in understanding, “I don’t blame you. Going alone is a fool’s move.” It was an ugly situation. She didn’t know what to think anymore. She sighed heavily, “I know you’re right. I guess I was just hoping we could make this thing work. We were the first ones to realize what was going on, so I was hoping we could defeat it together, like in the shows. This isn’t a TV show though. Our problems aren’t simple misunderstandings that can be fixed in half an hour.” She went silent for a moment while she thought, “You may be right. We may have to break up, but I don’t think that’s the right answer either. Maybe we can fight separately from one another, but maybe we can also still use each other for information and backup? As dysfunctional as we are, we also know how to fight with each other. It may be a matter of just knowing when we can work together and when we can’t.” She was also an optimist, or she tried to be. Maybe she was trying too hard this time, “Still…” She didn’t know what to say. Maybe it really was time to break up the group. Or, maybe there was a way to gather up all of those who could fight and have them all work as some kind of pool. Sending those who could and would work together to solve the problems, [color=#ffcc00] “We need people to work together if we’re going to do anything. Like you said, going alone is suicide.” She could do it. She could stick with the team for as long as she needed to get this done. Then they could go whatever way they wanted. She shrugged, “Offer will still be open whenever you want it. The only exception is that I won’t punch people I like.” She thought that was obvious, but said it anyway.

She leaned back on her feet and laughed, “Maybe it’s time you took a page from my book and learned the joys of being young again. I’ll make sure this social is a real bash. Ice cream and syrup and little candies for the top; I’ll bring it all.” She ate sweets all the time. Both because she liked them and because she used them to stay awake. She didn’t get sugar crashes, so it was a good system, “We’ll have an hour or two where supernatural stuff isn’t messing with us. Sound like a plan?” Not that she knew when they would get the chance, but it was a nice idea. Just a moment or two when nothing was going wrong. She drew an X over her heart, “I promise not to use it on you. You don’t make me want to.” He was someone she actually liked talking to. She smiled when he agreed that this was going well, “You’re right, the ocean is great. One of the perks of living on an island.” You were always surrounded by water here. An ocean wherever you went.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun May 24, 2015 7:45 pm

''No need for that.'', he would respond simply, with a light smile. He wasn't really doing it for the thanks afterall. There were times when being nice actually felt nice. Sadly, it was a tricky business a lot of the time. Thanks to certain people. Sharaku could so imagine this situation happening with Hyde, and the redhead going for a bear hug with no warning or something, babbling stuff about best pals...Ugh, why the hell was he thinking about that. Bad brain. He would use his free hand to pinch the bridge of his nose. ''Maybe I need some therapy..or brain bleach at least...'', he would mutter under his breath. It was not healthy to be thinking of the person that irritated him so much. It was goddamn counterproductive. To be honest, it sometimes felt as if Hyde was some sort of disease to be passed around. No matter how annoying he actually gets, he still gets stuck in your head, without asking for permission...Now, where is that brain bleach again..? Ahem. Original point was, he didn't mind helping people he actually liked.

''TV shows are overrated. I don't think I'd ever actually compare them to reality, despite the supernatural factor we're having here..'' There was still a major difference. TV shows almost always ended in a sureway happyending...things got solved by some heroes, no matter how grim the situation looked. Reality was much less forgiving..and it was simply real. Nothing significant happened when someone on TV died afterall. He would sigh lightly. ''You're right in a way. Splitting up completely may not benefit us either. We can't solve it alone, or in extremely small numbers. It is a fact that what we're facing requires cooperation.'' That was a big issue which could not be denied. The Angels were looking to make them into groups by whatever wish they had afterall. They couldn't really accomplish much by working solo, as much as it felt less straining at times. ''Though, I don't think I'd be that badly off even if we split up. I've tried working with someone else before, and it went just fine. And I know several people that would make good allies too. I'll see what happens, but I am not going to insist on holding our team together forcefully if it happens to crack along the seams. I don't need any more additional stress, or I'll seriously start growing gray hair soon.'' That would suck. But he did mean it. He did not have the patience to keep trying to fix something that proved to be unfixable. That would only be a waste of precious time. They were dealing with powerful forces already, and pigs would start flying sooner than him willingly putting more problems on his plate. If he had enough of a reason to care, maybe..but there wasn't much in it for him in this case. He liked some of his teammates individually, but it stayed at that. When it isn't working, it isn't. You can always find a different person to hang around with. There were so many in the world and all. There was no surefire reason to keep sticking with someone when it was only painful. He would chucke. ''I think we generally have similar views on who to like and who not..''

Hm? What did huge amounts of candies have to do with joys of being young..? Well..''Are you planning to make my teeth rot with all those sweets..?'', he'd ask with a raised eyebrow, though in a somewhat joking tone. He knew she meant it well. ''But yes, perhaps it would be interesting...'' Plan or not, he could probably use a while where nothing persona related was mentioned. Even if it had to deal with ice cream. Although, he would be skeptical on it, was it to involve Hyde. The redhead knew how to make even candies a nightmare..because he sure would not enjoy having someone waving them in front of his face, continuously telling him to try this and that. Let's not even question why was he thinking of Hyde again...Ugh, moving on. ''I am glad for that. I'd rather not have to run for the hills afterall.'' Duct tape was not pleasant, period.

Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 PbZVAiy

He would look back at her with a faint chuckle. ''It is, yes. I didn't really like it in the past, however. I was born very close to the ocean, and I always complained about too much water...sort of ironic..'' Well, he didn't love it unconditionally even now, but it wasn't really a bother anymore. Certainly nicer than watching fights and destruction...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)   Do you remember the calm (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Do you remember the calm (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next