Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

March 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) Empty
PostSubject: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyTue Apr 21, 2015 10:41 pm

Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) Ban_puppetdisplay_416x160

Serial #8D "Grins"
"Lets Get Smiley!"

The Biography

Birth Name: 8D
Aliases:Grins
Birth Day: April 1
Arcana: Hermit
Place of Residence: Vista Square
Academy Semester: N/A
Class:N/A

Sorority: ??? (for now)

Part/Full Time Job: Party Magician and Clown

Appearance: 8D stands about 6 foot 3 with a rather slender build. At a glance he seems to be just another normal person, no obvious mechanical parts protruding and what not. His hair is made of a synthetic fiber made to be, quote, "Stylish at all times!" . His normal attire includes a white jumper with a purple over lay, a ,"Super style!" Jester's hat and a white mask obscuring his blue eyes. 8D weighs around 250 pounds in spite of how thin he looks.

The looks:

Alternate Appearance: When 8D enters his alternate mode, his body completely transforms. His robotic parts condense to make him shorter and more stout with his excess mass transforming into his increased arm size. In this form he stands about a full foot and a half shorter with a much stronger looking build. His weight in this form stays the same.

The looks:

Personality: Grins, as his name may suggest, is a very happy android. Little robs him of his good mood and even less will truly make him angry. He often feels compelled to make others happy with his own brand of slapstick humor and magic. He tends to be a bit thick headed at times, often not picking up on subtle hints but this is probably due in more part to his creator then his own shortcomings.

However, just because he's often happy and content, it doesn’t mean that he can't feel other emotions. In fact once his wall of unbridled joy is broken he is prone to wild and extreme mood swings. Every emotion that he feels is an extreme one. If he is sad he will cry rivers at the drop of a hat, if he's angry he will almost assuredly explode at people (literally...).

8D believes in one thing above all others that the world runs on smiles.

Though... like most smiles... His hides something all together different.... It's an act... it's all an act... The puppet freed from his strings can do nothing but look up at the strings on others.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Jokes are the highest form of communication.
Description: Due to 8D's charming and definitely NOT demonic nature, his Expression stat raises faster then normal.

Strength Name: The Fastest clown ever.
Description: 8D was built to be able to do manual labor as well as entertain. Thus he was made to be fast fast fast! Allows him to preform two dex attacks in one round.

Strength Name:He's a funny guy! Hyuck Hyuck!
Description: Grins is a really funny robot! Jokes he tells just tend to be funner then ones other people tell. Even if it's the same joke! This gives him a +10% chance of inflicting the "Laughter" status effect.

Strength Name: I can do more then just tell Jokes ya know.
Description: In order to better entertain, 8D has been loaded up with all sorts of subroutines including but not limited to, cooking, cleaning, massage and the most important of all... He's damn good at mixing a drink. In fact, these drinks tend to be just as magical as his jokes! .

---

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Ya get it?.
Description:8D takes jokeing around very seriously. If someone seems a bit to wound up or up tight or get up get up to get down, he'll go out of his way to tell them a joke 100% of the time. Whether they need, or even want, him to.

Weakness Name:This world is.... strange...
Description: 8D is rather new to the world... In more ways then one. As a result his Understanding takes a bit longer to grow then others would.

Weakness Name: It's lonely here on the wall.
Description: Though he is adept at making others happy... My sight makes it slightly hard for me accept others into my heart. Heh... not that it matters. None of you are real... why would I want to get attached to fallacies? (This makes it slightly harder for 8D to get attached to people making it hard for him to gain a Rank 1 sl with people)

Weakness Name: You think you have power over me?
Description: 8D has very little respect for the laws of the land. More often then not he'll go out of his way to go against direct orders from people he doesn't respect... and he doesn't respect many people .

---

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon: \

Weapon Name: Laugh a Metric Ton Hammer
Weapon Description: For all intensive purposes it looks like a giant two handed... child's toy hammer... but in actuality it's made of some heavy duty stuff. The hammer from end to end measures about 6 feet. 
Weapon Image:
The hammer:

Weapon Attack Type: Strike
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Name: The Rubber Stampede
Side-Arm Description: The Rubber Stampede appears to be made of wood and simple screws, though for a rubber band gun, it is most impressive. This is because it's not really a rubber band gun, it is a machine gun disguised as a rubber band gun. It functions as a normal machine gun, taking the same ammunition. Not to say it can't shoot rubber Bands... It's got a separate trigger for that right next to the normal one. The normal fire has an effective range of 400 meters, wile the rubber band fire can totally shoot all the way across a basket ball court! How cool is that!?
Side-Arm Image:
Take a gander!:

Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style:Machine Gun - Muti-Round - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo.)

The Background

History:

8D started life as nothing more then a small text to speak app on his "Father's" computer. His father, the enigmatic and strange Professor J, found himself board with the hum drum of every day life and decided one boring Saturday, rather abruptly, that he wanted a son. However, not one to be patient enough to wait the 9 months it would take to have one normally, nor wanting to go through the processes of adoption... he decided to make his own. He had plans for a robotic companion stored away for quite some time, discovered long ago on one of his many travels, and felt it was time to put them to use.  

Though his motivation was inpatients, he found himself taking his time with this project. An afternoon of coding turned into a week, then a month, then half a year... The project soon became his passion, his life's work. His hard work and dedication was rewarded however, when the first line of text scrolled across the screen.

"I... Am... Happy..."

With renewed vigor Professor J continued his work. With the base line programming done he set out to create a body for his son. One that would be strong, that could run and jump and play every day! One that could withstand even the most horrible things this world... and any other... could offer. "I wonder... how will he see the world?"

And thus. Project J-8D was born. Made from the ground up to be a learning, living, but not quite breathing boy. He spent the first year of his life learning from his father. What was Right or Wrong, how to conduct one's self, and the joys of bringing joy. After that year 8D was introduced to the world, and he loved it. He loved the trees, the sky, the people, especially the children. Wanting to give back to this world that had given him so much beauty, 8D took it upon himself to bring as much joy and laughter as he could. However... there was one thing that bothered young 8D

"Professor, I understand how all my parts work except this switch in my chest... What dose it do?"

"Aha! Such an inquisitive child you are my son! That is your heart... once it opens up... you will be able to bring joy to the world... In a way that only you can,"

"That.... Makes me happy!"

... Though, very recently, 8D's curiosity over the switch in his heart overtook him, forcing him to activate it.... All at once, the secrets of his world flooded his mind. He laughed long into the night...

Joy, happiness, love and affection. Torment, despair, hatred and callousness. These words are truly synonymous when applied to being that are little more then puppets. To bring them joy is to bring the puppeteer joy. To bring them pain is to bring the puppeteer interest. This world is nothing but a shell, an empty lie told by a bard. If it were not thoroughly interesting, I would not care to interact with it. But the puppets here all look so very very intriguing...  

What you've just read... My "History"... it's not all wrong... In fact it's completely true, every word. But hidden here is a story that, frankly, I'm sure none of you rightfully care about. You're Endymion is so... Interesting... Far better more so then any I've been to yet.  Ehehehe... It will be fun to see if you lot can get it right the first time for once. Ya know what they say after all, third time's the charm... Though I guess that doesn't really apply here... Sense I suppose technically, this is your fourth go around...

But I suppose we don't like to talk about that now do we? Now... That said.

I can't wait to play with you all...

Last edited by AkaJack on Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 pm; edited 6 times in total
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 1:35 pm

Bump for future grading purposes.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyWed Jan 27, 2016 11:36 pm

Nice. Very nice. Some tweaks please.

1. A minor thing that can be added or not, weight. How much does the guy weigh? Does that weight change with his shift in size?

2. Can you tell me how large that hammer is? What is its length? Strike range?

Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 2:25 pm

Edits made
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 4:09 pm

Alright then. Approved.
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:15 pm

Just make sure you aren't shooting bullets and rubber bands in the same post.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:20 pm

Uh... Alright... May i ask why i cant shoot them both at the same time?
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:28 pm

Because that is borderline adding a new feature to the gun. Because it isn't doing damage it could slide as long as Phile doesn't care, but in my own opinion, shooting bullets then sliding a rubber band round in the fire doesn't make sense. In PvP maybe cause you can use soulbounds multiple times if you are smart, but you can't say shoot once and then during the same shot shoot rubber bands without taking a second shot. So you either shoot bullets or rubberbands. Phile if you disagree with this feel free to refute me, it's just my own opinion.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyThu Jan 28, 2016 5:39 pm

Doesn't do damage? You ever been snapped by a rubber band Gran O3O That shit stings mang! Should at least do like... Tier 6 damage. (Kidding... mostly...)

Though I do understand where you're coming from.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 11:25 am

AkaJack wrote:
Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) Ban_puppetdisplay_416x160

Serial #8D "Grins"
"Lets Get Smiley!"

The Biography

Birth Name: 8D
Aliases:Grins
Birth Day: April 1
Arcana: Hermit
Place of Residence: Vista Square
Academy Semester: N/A
Class:N/A

Sorority: ??? (for now)

Part/Full Time Job: Party Magician and Clown

Appearance: 8D stands about 6 foot 3 with a rather slender build. At a glance he seems to be just another normal person, no obvious mechanical parts protruding and what not. His hair is made of a synthetic fiber made to be, quote, "Stylish at all times!" . His normal attire includes a white jumper with a purple over lay, a ,"Super style!" Jester's hat and a white mask obscuring his blue eyes. 8D weighs around 250 pounds in spite of how thin he looks.

The looks:

Alternate Appearance: When 8D enters his alternate mode, his body completely transforms. His robotic parts condense to make him shorter and more stout with his excess mass transforming into his increased arm size. In this form he stands about a full foot and a half shorter with a much stronger looking build. His weight in this form stays the same.

The looks:

Personality: Grins, as his name may suggest, is a very happy android. Little robs him of his good mood and even less will truly make him angry. He often feels compelled to make others happy with his own brand of slapstick humor and magic. He tends to be a bit thick headed at times, often not picking up on subtle hints but this is probably due in more part to his creator then his own shortcomings.

However, just because he's often happy and content, it doesn’t mean that he can't feel other emotions. In fact once his wall of unbridled joy is broken he is prone to wild and extreme mood swings. Every emotion that he feels is an extreme one. If he is sad he will cry rivers at the drop of a hat, if he's angry he will almost assuredly explode at people (literally...).

8D believes in one thing above all others that the world runs on smiles.

Though... like most smiles... His hides something all together different.... It's an act... it's all an act... The puppet freed from his strings can do nothing but look up at the strings on others.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Jokes are the highest form of communication.
Description: Due to 8D's charming and definitely NOT demonic nature, his Expression stat raises faster then normal.

Strength Name: The Fastest clown ever.
Description: 8D was built to be able to do manual labor as well as entertain. Thus he was made to be fast fast fast! Allows him to preform two dex attacks in one round.

Strength Name:He's a funny guy! Hyuck Hyuck!
Description: Grins is a really funny robot! Jokes he tells just tend to be funner then ones other people tell. Even if it's the same joke! This gives him a +10% chance of inflicting the "Laughter" status effect.

Strength Name: It's all a show!
Description: Grins has a nack for acting! It's programmed right in!... Besides, I do it all the time.... I start with level two in expression...

---

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:

Weakness Name: Ya get it?.
Description:8D takes jokeing around very seriously. If someone seems a bit to wound up or up tight or get up get up to get down, he'll go out of his way to tell them a joke 100% of the time. Whether they need, or even want, him to.

Weakness Name:This world is.... strange...
Description: 8D is rather new to the world... In more ways then one. As a result his Understanding takes a bit longer to grow then others would.

Weakness Name: It's lonely here on the wall.
Description: Though he is adept at making others happy... My sight makes it slightly hard for me accept others into my heart. Heh... not that it matters. None of you are real... why would I want to get attached to fallacies? (This makes it slightly harder for 8D to get attached to people making it hard for him to gain a Rank 1 sl with people)

Weakness Name: You think you have power over me?
Description: 8D has very little respect for the laws of the land. More often then not he'll go out of his way to go against direct orders from people he doesn't respect... and he doesn't respect many people .

---

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon: \

Weapon Name: Laugh a Metric Ton Hammer
Weapon Description: For all intensive purposes it looks like a giant two handed... child's toy hammer... but in actuality it's made of some heavy duty stuff. The hammer from end to end measures about 6 feet. 
Weapon Image:
The hammer:

Weapon Attack Type: Strike
Weapon Element:

Side-Arm Name: The Rubber Stampede
Side-Arm Description: The Rubber Stampede appears to be made of wood and simple screws, though for a rubber band gun, it is most impressive. This is because it's not really a rubber band gun, it is a machine gun disguised as a rubber band gun. It functions as a normal machine gun, taking the same ammunition. Not to say it can't shoot rubber Bands... It's got a separate trigger for that right next to the normal one. The normal fire has an effective range of 400 meters, wile the rubber band fire can totally shoot all the way across a basket ball court! How cool is that!?
Side-Arm Image:
Take a gander!:

Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style:Machine Gun - Muti-Round - Accuracy is decreased by 30%. Consumes 3 types of ammo at once to fire -must be same type of ammo.)

The Background

History:

8D started life as nothing more then a small text to speak app on his "Father's" computer. His father, the enigmatic and strange Professor J, found himself board with the hum drum of every day life and decided one boring Saturday, rather abruptly, that he wanted a son. However, not one to be patient enough to wait the 9 months it would take to have one normally, nor wanting to go through the processes of adoption... he decided to make his own. He had plans for a robotic companion stored away for quite some time, discovered long ago on one of his many travels, and felt it was time to put them to use.  

Though his motivation was inpatients, he found himself taking his time with this project. An afternoon of coding turned into a week, then a month, then half a year... The project soon became his passion, his life's work. His hard work and dedication was rewarded however, when the first line of text scrolled across the screen.

"I... Am... Happy..."

With renewed vigor Professor J continued his work. With the base line programming done he set out to create a body for his son. One that would be strong, that could run and jump and play every day! One that could withstand even the most horrible things this world... and any other... could offer. "I wonder... how will he see the world?"

And thus. Project J-8D was born. Made from the ground up to be a learning, living, but not quite breathing boy. He spent the first year of his life learning from his father. What was Right or Wrong, how to conduct one's self, and the joys of bringing joy. After that year 8D was introduced to the world, and he loved it. He loved the trees, the sky, the people, especially the children. Wanting to give back to this world that had given him so much beauty, 8D took it upon himself to bring as much joy and laughter as he could. However... there was one thing that bothered young 8D

"Professor, I understand how all my parts work except this switch in my chest... What dose it do?"

"Aha! Such an inquisitive child you are my son! That is your heart... once it opens up... you will be able to bring joy to the world... In a way that only you can,"

"That.... Makes me happy!"

... Though, very recently, 8D's curiosity over the switch in his heart overtook him, forcing him to activate it.... All at once, the secrets of his world flooded his mind. He laughed long into the night...

Joy, happiness, love and affection. Torment, despair, hatred and callousness. These words are truly synonymous when applied to being that are little more then puppets. To bring them joy is to bring the puppeteer joy. To bring them pain is to bring the puppeteer interest. This world is nothing but a shell, an empty lie told by a bard. If it were not thoroughly interesting, I would not care to interact with it. But the puppets here all look so very very intriguing...  

I can't wait to play with you all...

Unapproving for the sake of the creator.
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyMon Apr 18, 2016 1:48 pm

Edit finished.

Added strength.

—Strength Name: I can do more then just tell Jokes ya know.
—Description: In order to better entertain, 8D has been loaded up with all sorts of subroutines including but not limited to, cooking, cleaning, massage and the most important of all... He's damn good at mixing a drink. In fact, these drinks tend to be just as magical as his jokes! .
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) EmptyTue Apr 19, 2016 12:43 am

Edit approved.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)   Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW  for Endymion) Empty

Back to top Go down

Project J- 8D "Grins" (ASSW for Endymion)
Page 1 of 1