Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 am

The android’s attention was brought to the coffin almost immediately, and when his shadow made its appearance the android shifted into a ready stance. This was the being that was a part of him in some sort of way, it was him. He had observed as much from Naomi, but…this coldness and malevolent aura that the shadow gave off. It did not feel as though it was a part of him. Then he began to speak about how he did not see Maria’s mother, he had been expecting as much, and then the shadow seemed to step away from the point as he commented about how sincere they were. When he called Simon a monster, the android frowned, a monster was too harsh. Simon did what he did in order to protect Maria, was it misguided? Yes, it was…but he did it with the best intent in mind. However, the topic seemed to shift to that of trying to keep the team together. His shadow noted it was a valiant effort, but the team would never get there if they didn’t suck it up. They were the only real team player that existed on the team. The android’s eyes narrowed at that, his fingers tightened into fists.

Yes, the group had issues, but that didn’t mean that they could just give up. The twisted truth was there again, everything seemed to be a half truth that leaked from his shadow’s lips.  There were factors that his shadow seemed to be leaving out. To the android’s surprise the discussion went to that about how they were better than humans. How human emotions were a weakness and not a strength, how it often blinded them costing them lives and intelligence throughout their existence. The shadow claimed to understand how the android felt, but why deny some of the factors that Alphonse had seen? Why deny some of the strength that emotions give humans to go beyond their limits? However, when he saw those inverted gauntlets appear on his hands, and told the android that it had been a while since he fought for study. It was time to see what it was like to fight an opponent who knew every single trick in the android’s arsenal.

“I did not visit mother that is correct, you and I both know the promise we made on her wedding ring.” The android said revealing the ring on his left hand, it was a promise he would be willing to die for.  “You know who made us make that promise, Simon…the one you called a monster moments ago. Was what he was doing wrong? Yes…it was. He was afraid and misguided by his fear of being unable to protect those that he cared about. He was trying to protect the ones he loved through a misguided method. While, I wouldn’t think twice about killing him if he were to try that to Maria, I didn’t enjoy it. He was just trying to protect the one he loved. Something you and I have come to understand. Don’t we just want the same thing? Granted, we won’t go as far off the path as he did, but we want the same thing, to keep Maria safe.” The android said, now it was time to turn and address the shadow’s point about the team.

“Members of that team stand before you today; while the group may have its flaws…I’m not going to give up.” The android said firmly, “What would you have us do differently? You know what we’re up against; we need their help to overcome the challenges ahead of us. They are our friends, who realize the dangers that lie ahead of us. They want to help us, and just because they have their issues does not mean we should abandon them.” The android said to his shadow, “We will need them to help protect Maria from what is going on.”

Then it was the point about emotion, “You seem to be assuming infallibility to me. I will concede that in some aspects we are superior such as durability and our ability to process information. Even in our ability to put aside feelings we are superior in that regard as well, but you as well as I have seen the power of emotion. We have seen it with our friends, Lune and Rinna, and countless other times. Do you deny that there is a sort of power that can help us in our goal of protecting Maria? Furthermore, you and I both know we are capable of setting such emotions aside to view situations objectively. What harm is there in attempting to emulate such emotions gain the benefits of such strength when it would aid us? We protected Maria for the sake of her having those emotions, we weighed the consequences of turning her into us, and we determined that it was not the correct path. We let her have those things that you deem to be so dangerous and below us.  Surely, you agree that there is a power there that allows humans to do what logic deems to be impossible or improbable.” The android argued back, there were a few twists of truth that he was not simply going to allow slip by without his feedback.

“However, if it is a fight you want…then a fight we shall have.” The android said slipping into a serious battle stance. His eyes focused on his shadow with a level of intent and precision that he did not use before, his stance mirrored that of his shadow. It was a good starting stance that their combat knowledge knew the advantages and disadvantages of. His eyes were analyzing the moves that his shadow was making; it seemed that Sentinel was quite serious about this. “Shunnosuke, Hyde, don’t hold back. We’re taking my shadow down, together…as a team.” The android said coolly his eyes not moving from his foe. Odysseus appeared at his side and a grail in hand. He raised it above his head, decreeing that the gods ought to decrease the amount of damage that Sentinel and his friends would receive.

Stats::

Skills used::
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyWed Apr 29, 2015 1:20 am

Codas Kyrin would do its scanning and debuffing while the shadow version of Alphonse would run his mouth. Even though its true up to a degree, he didn’t want to be told that to a fragment of Alphonse’s soul. “ You think it’s a lot better to twist the truth  as you see fit in order to discourage us? I’m here for Alphonse because he’s my friend and I trust him. I wouldn’t let him do this alone. This team has its issues, but none of us walked away from each other yet, none of us turned our backs on each other or quit.  This started with us, we all awakened together, remember? So it’s up to us to be the ones to finish it then. You’re going to be the key that Alphonse needs to get stronger,  and were going to help him get there.”

There was a lot more that Hyde wanted to say. “Hey shadow Alphonse, you think you can put aside your feeling when it comes to maria? Don’t you think it’s a combination of your programming and own desires to protect her, a choice that’s based off of your responsibility and feelings at the same time? If you was anything less than that, you wouldn’t be a father figure to her, you would be just a bodyguard whose only actions would be based off of “Duty”.  Face it, even as a robot, you are just as human as we are, and there is nothing wrong with that. “

Hyde gave Alphonse an acknowledging nod. “ I was wrong  in that fight against Naomi’s shadow, i was childish and selfish. However, I won’t be making any mistakes like that again.  I won’t forsake my friends  like that again,  so bring it on Shadow Al, I’ll make you believe in us too.

Stats
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu Apr 30, 2015 10:47 pm

Shunnosuke would remain silent, as it had nothing to do with him. Like what happened to Naomi, it’s something that only the involved ones could handle, due to the intimate nature of what the Shadow was telling to the real Alphonse. Also, the teenager didn’t see eye-to-eye to his fellow android team mate in that matter, so there was little he could add to the conversation. Except the part where the Shadow robot said outwardly humans are inferior beings. How dare him! An android, a creature created from human hands, saying they are inferior. The only that prevented Shunnosuke from saying something was the fact that…somehow, he still saw Alphonose as a human right from the start, regardless his hard time trying to accept his condition as a mechanical being. Conflicting, yes, but he had no real reason to treat him any less. The murder? He was still dealing with that and processing all the info, meanwhile... — Now Alphonse has also been contaminated with that “team” disease. See, Hyde, I knew it was contagious! — He rolled his eyes when it seemed like Hyde’s optimism has gone to Alphonse as well. It sounded as an acid criticism however…Shunnosuke was smiling under his stern façade. Andromeda waved her long finger at the group, casting her spells in assistance of the group.

Skill Cast:

Stats and Passives:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 12:47 am

Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 Shadow11

“You know as well as I do the only way to keep Maria safe is by protecting her from everything of the outside world. It is the surefire way. Perhaps it is cold, but it would definitely mean any risk of her getting into something unfortunate would be lessened to near nothing.” Sentinel lowered his eyes slightly, and shook his head as though denying something. “The only thing allies need to do is stand back and watch while we do our work. They could never understand us, as much as they want to. You see it yourself. Hyde fails to understand you, Shun laughed at you, Sharaku would care less…..Naomi seemed to be the only one to care, but not enough to join you on this mission. I am disappointed.”

Looking to Hyde, he scoffed and turned back to Sentinel. “Even he does not understand. Human emotion contaminates reason. When people get emotionally invested, they always make mistakes. Perhaps Hyde, were you mechanical you would understand, but it isn’t as simple as you think it is. Maria’s protection is a duty, but it is every fiber of my being. It was what I was made for. To jeopardize that goal by suddenly learning how to feel over it is ridiculous. It is in fact your emotions that get in the way of progress Hyde. You failed to give us valuable information, and in your gusto, ruined many a chances to gain more knowledge about the situation. Can you honestly say you have more control than I do?”

In response to the two debuffs, Sentinel nodded and in a flash, his Persona Odysseus appeared, that had a broken spear and shield, and looked a lot more rugged and had an inverted skin color. From then, the Persona pointed at him, and a cool air would cover him, protecting him from attacks that would hit his weakness. “I have a Persona as well Sentinel, but perhaps you knew that already. Let’s begin.”

Shadow Sentinel:
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 3:10 am

The android shook his head at his shadow's answer, "Really is that your answer of how to handle Maria? Is that how you really feel about it? Because I don't know what you think, but to me...that sounds a lot like the cage that Simon's misguided ideas were trying to place her inside! You think we have to protect her from everything, but what you don't realize is that she loves to interact, placing her in a cage from the outside world is the worst thing that we could do. That is the greatest harm to her....don't you see that?" the android said before hearing his comment about the team. The android's red eyes narrowed, and he decided to strike back.

"Humans aren't perfect never have been and never will be. However, that doesn't mean we ought hold their imperfections against them. You hold our standards and place it onto them. You ask why they cannot do everything, because it is simply not in their nature to do so. That doesn't make them bad people, yes they can disappoint us at time. However, we have to trust that they will learn from their experience. Do you think we have not erred?" The android said, before turning to address the third point.

"You're right protecting Maria is in every fiber of my being, and being a good guardian. That means fostering a better relationship with her, and did you not just say moments ago that we would be able to set aside our emotions. If these emotions could empower us, and we can set them aside to contaminate our reasoning...then there is nothing to fear. You indicated we could, but you still fear them. Is there a lack of confidence and trust? Perhaps, but we can overcome this." Then he saw the inverse of his Persona...a rugged and beaten man with broken equipment.

No doubt the Persona had been through a lot, "Yes you do, I figured as much, I am more concerned about another trick that you are holding back." The android said, refering to Orgia mode. If his shadow had that then that could be potientally devestating.  However, his Odeyssus stepped forward pausing to observe his counterpart before raising the spear and shield. He then leapt toward the two thrusting the spear forward in a flurry of attacks. Hoping to show the difference between him and his counterpart through a measure of skin.

Hit/crit:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 5:26 am

No, I don’t. I can’t, but it doesn’t mean that there isn’t any room for improvement. People make mistakes, but it’s because of that hint of imperfection hat we could evolve from them, and be better people in spite of them. All of these things take time, and I guess I’m bit hardheaded. But shouldn’t “Trying” to understand you count for something? I want to protect maria too, but keeping her away from the interaction from other people is crazy talk. You don’t even deprive yourself from that, look at you. After we fought off those shadows, we went and had dinner together, on top of protecting maria, you went and developed your own social life. Is it fair to deprive her of one? To still be a kid while she still can? I didn’t get a chance to be one; I would hate to see someone else lose that.

Hyde would then start to mount his offense after saying that, the white wall hindered his ice moves. “Alright, how about this then?!”

stats
Spoiler:

Skills used
Spoiler:

Miss Rate
Spoiler:

Crit rate
Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Wait a minute, “Shun”? He was more bothered about that nickname than the fact the Shadow tried to poison their acquaintanceship. The only person so far he allowed — or should say, tolerated — to call him by that nickname was…Hyde. Because the guy kind of forced Shunnosuke to accept it.

…I gave you no right to call me ”Shun”. And yes, I laughed at Alphonse because who would have thought that his acquaintance is an android? We don’t see robots walking down the street. — Unless you’re from the Alternate version of San Malarus, but that wasn’t the case here. Now, calling humans inferior to them? Calling Shunnosuke inferior to them? — You say humans are inferior beings to you, yet you are only alive because of one human, and your existence was summarized to serve one. What can you say about it?

Skill Cast:

Stats and Passives:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyFri May 01, 2015 9:26 pm

The Shadow of Sentinel nodded. “I once thought that perhaps through mere ambition I could come closer to Maria. Maybe she could understand me. But that is a tragedy waiting to happen. No one can ever understand her nor could she understand me. It’s a paradox that never ends, and will forever curse us to the day she dies.” He didn’t think much of Sentinel’s jab at something else he suspected he had. Regardless, he looked to Hyde when he brought up trying. “Trying gets you nowhere. All it does is remind you how different we are, and that no matter what you do, all humans can do is pretend to know what others are truly thinking. They are flawed, and will always lie for themselves. The same could be said about you, Shunnosuke Kurosawa.” His head then turned to the young man, as his Persona ran towards him and attempted to strike him over the chest with two hits from the broken spear. “I suppose you are not wrong. I was indeed made by a human. But we all know that humans cannot do everything, and so they made us, to make sure that we can do everything. The kind of elitist talk that you spew, suggesting that me being made by a human means I am lesser than one does not make sense. The only one that matters is Maria, as she too could grow up to be someone strong, but even she will never break out of the permanent flaws of humanity. Does that suddenly make you any better? When you go through the suffering and true horror that I have experienced, you would perhaps understand a fraction of what I mean. Until then, you are just like every other human; elitist, unsafe and arrogant.”

Damage Taken:

Shadow Sentinel:

Miss Chance:

Critical Chance:
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:16 pm

(So sorry for the delay my life is entering finals weeks)

The android frowned at his shadow's response, he was clearly not impressed by that answer at all. He did not enjoy the defeated attitude that his shadow had, with his speech to Hyde. However, when he saw the attack going toward Shunnosuke the android leapt into action! He jumped in front of the two attacks taking them both and getting knocked on his back. He slowly rose from his back and looked at his shadow. His red eyes had narrowed now into somewhat angry glares. There was something that Sentinel felt was wrong in almost everything that his shadow was saying. He felt as though his counterpart did not even want to try, now that doesn't make everything he said entirely wrong, but it seemed like his shadow was defeated.

"I have a question for you, do you even try? Do you consider trying something to see if it works? Or have you given up all hope? You seem so sure of everything, and that everything is set in stone? Why!?" the android demanded from his compromised position. He was so unsure why his shadow had no hope, the android had hoped...he had expressed it throughout these trials. He had shown this much, and when faced with challenges he had to overcome he would hang on to hoping and trusting that he could overcome them. His shadow on the other hand...seemed to be defeated already, but why? Why was he so defeated? Odeyssus glared at his own counterpart, like his summoner did. However, the android knew he could try to throw out a bluff, but no doubt his shadow would see through it.

Action:
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptySun May 03, 2015 3:43 pm

“You ok Alphonse?” Hyde would say as he began his counter attack against the shadow version of Alphonse.” Wow Alphonse, I guess that one thing about you hasn’t changed afterall. You still hit like a truck, even as a shadow.” Hyde shivered a little bit, Alphonse really did hit hard. “ alright, it’s time for some payback then! Back me up shun!

stats
Spoiler:

Skils
Spoiler:

Miss Rate
Spoiler:

Crit rate
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Shunny

Shunny

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyMon May 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Shunnosuke was ready to receive the hit, putting his arms in front of his body..however Alphonse jumped in front of him and took the direct assault in his place. It was his duty to protect humans, the teen knew that. Even though the Shadow Alphonse called him arrogant and elitist, the real Alphonse protected him. For a moment, Shunnosuke would look at the android with a blank stare, not believing what he had just done.

…are you alright? — His concerns for the well-being of Alphonse were passed to his Persona, who turned her attention to the android. Her eyes shined eerily under the mask she wears all time, and though Alphonse doesn’t have any veins, he could probably sense some mysterious energy running through his mechanical parts.

Skill Cast:

Stats and Passives:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 12:13 am

“Do I try? I try very much to prove my point. And I will fight to the ends of the earth to make it so. Or is your resolve not hard enough?” he said. His Persona then sent a volley of sharpened projectiles toward its foes. It was in a particularly dangerous state. Sentinel and his friends were definitely doing damage, but it was not over yet, as he was still very much fighting.

Damage Taken:

Shadow Sentinel:

Miss Chance:

Critical Chance:
Back to top Go down
Attendant Alexander

Attendant Alexander

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:09 am

The android got to his feet just to recieve another attack, his systems flared with warning signs, Hyde and Shunny both asked if he was alright. "Not really, but I can still fight." The android said before looking up at his double, it was daring to question his resolve...however the white shield seemed to have faded away. Shunnosuke was down, and it wasn't looking all that good at the moment. The android didn't really have a choice, he was going to have to overclock to ensure that he and his friends surivived. His armored gauntlets turned into more clawed like hands and further armored plating appeared on his arms. He was overclocking his systems and had activated Orgia mode, now they had to finish this quick. "Does my resolve look strong enough to you now?" He asked his shadow, a glare in his red eyes. Odeyssus sprung to action casting a curse upon the Shadow! The android looked at his shadow before back at Hyde, "Make him chill out." He ordered, it was more of a ploy, but perhaps...perhaps it would make his shadow realize his vulnerability and take defensive action instead of offensive action. Odeyssus on the other hand turned and raised a chalice to heal his user.

Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:41 am

“Shun’s downed, I got to heal him.” Hyde would say as he speeded up the healing process for everyone to get a piece of.

Stats
Spoiler:

Skills
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 EmptyThu May 07, 2015 2:52 am

((damage is actually 49. Made a typo))
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)   Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening) - Page 9 Empty

Back to top Go down

Sentinel's Broken Prison (Prime Awakening)
Page 9 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next