Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot Empty
PostSubject: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:23 pm

Ah the library! Birth place of knowledge and research ! Where minds come to expand themselves and become one with the universe.... To learn at the feet of the old masters through the teachings of their words. Where scholars and common folk alike come to learn trades and the workings of the world around them! Where!... Where... where....

Where Jack sat was board out of his SKULL! Ugh! This reaserch project was going so SLOOOOOOW! There was NO way he was going to get this done in a day... Well... actually he had three days to do it... but he really wanted to re watch some anime... then the time just got past him and the next thing he knew he woke up covered in cheeto with Golem shouting in his head that he only had one day before the paper was due and well... Here he was...

"Uuuuugh... Time for a break..."Jack said as he put his book on ancient Egyptian card games away and instead pulled out his copy of "Neo Featherman Legacy Battles" for his 3ds. Jack plugged in his headphones and began to play.

After about half an hour Jack's eyes widened as he finaly cleared the level that had been holding him back for the last two weeks. With a triumphant shout Jack stood from his seat and shouted"I am the greatest Ranger ever born!" Disturbing most of the rest of the library... He sheepishly sat back down and wondered if anyone would approach him about his little... outburst
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 7:52 pm

For the past two days since Iscariot had arrived at the place called " school " she found herself drawn to a place in the school called a " library ". The library was a fairly quiet place and it was stocked wall to wall with what was known as books and in these books were words and in those words were knowledge. Knowledge was something Iscariot needed badly, it was more important than air which as she found out recently she didn't need. Today Iscariot found herself reading a book named The Art Of War by a man named Sun Tzu. It wasn't a particularly interesting read but Iscariot couldn't tell the difference either way as her eyes scanned over the words in delight to learn something new. Indeed she found the Library to be a wonderfully delightful place. She was almost like a kid in a candy store although she was less hyper and much cleaner compared to a child in that situation.

No one bothered Iscariot during the times she visited the Library and she couldn't feel the stares that she got from many people that did so. She wasn't built with a sixth sense but if she knew people were watching her she could probably guess that it was from how she was dressed. The first day she arrived to the school she could remember many eyes looking at her and when she asked a question about it she was welcomed with a question on her attire. Now Iscariot at that time had not known what they were referring too until she was introduced to the student government who explained that even though their was no dress code of sorts, she was still to " scantily " dressed for school. Iscariot at the point used her clothing feature for the first time, but she didn't use it for very long. Now standing in the library in her default settings she scanned the last page of the book...

"I am the greatest Ranger ever born!"

The words rang loudly breaking the comforting silence of the library. The voice ripped through the quietness that Iscariot was use to by now and she found herself looking up from the very last word on the very last page of the book she was about to finish. The first question to pop in her head was what placed the book back onto the shelf and moved her feet towards the sound. She didn't know who had said those words but she could tell by the looks toward a male that it was probably him, or was it? she didn't know but that's not what she wanted to know. Walking over to the male she stood in front him. Her blue orbs blinking before the words tumbled out of her mouth in it's signature mono tone. " What's a Ranger? "
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:26 pm

Huh... Jack looked up from his game to the... frankly odd looking girl in front of him...Did she really just ask him what a Ranger was?... Welp! Time to enlighten this poor uninformed girl about the truest joy of life.... Slowly Jack stood from his seat and put his 3ds back in his bag and shot the strange girl a look of determination and justice! He felt it... yes! His soul was ablaze! His iron heart will would shine through his gaze! Is she was able to interpenetrate his burning determination... she would understand what a Ranger was through his gaze alone... However... In case she did not harbor a burning will of her own... he would have to tell her with words instead of justice...

"A Ranger... is the embodiment of righteousness and justice... The truest form of a humans iron will and determination! A ranger is someone who has tapped into their blazing soul forged a bond of trust with their true self...I... Am a ranger!" Jack struck a heroic pose and felt his heart burst into a righteous flame!"That and a really cool TV show from japan heh."
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyThu Feb 12, 2015 8:51 pm

Iscariot watched as the male rose from his seat and placed away a strange looking device that she had never seen until now. She wanted to ask what it was but she also wanted to know what a " Ranger " was. Her yearning for the first had overridden the previous and so she awaited an answer.
"A Ranger... is the embodiment of righteousness and justice... The truest form of a humans iron will and determination! A ranger is someone who has tapped into their blazing soul forged a bond of trust with their true self...I... Am a ranger!"
That and a really cool TV show from japan heh."

She had gotten her answer and noted the movements of the male's body as he spoke. It seemed that a ranger was a little more than just words but it was movement, it was something. " Processing.... Complete." She knew what a ranger was, and she would know every time someone said the word. But now she had more questions than she started with. What was a TV show? and that device in he put away she still wanted to know what that thing was. Iscariot found herself stuck and searching her memory she realized something was of a higher priority than her two previous yearnings. " Who are you? " She did not know this person, she could not call this person by anything because she was at a lack of information other than the fact that he was a male. The lack of information forced Iscariot to continue to talking to the male infront of her as she created a brand new memory bank for this sort of information. The fact of the matter was, she didn't know anyone at the school, she didn't even have proper information on her creator. She felt something well up in her it felt strange, she wanted to move around in a fast and eager fashion and speak about what was on her mind...She would have to do research on this...

Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyFri Feb 13, 2015 12:08 am

Processing Complete?.... Oh no... NOnonononononono, NOT again... Was... Was this another robot? Like Charles? Was that even possible? Jack had thought Charles was one of a kind, a unique construct made for the sole purpose of destroying shadows but... perhaps there were others like him... Could this be another Anti Shadow Weapon?... No Jack was jumping to conclusions again. Just because a strange girl in strange cloths asked him in a monotone voice what a ranger was, then in the same monotone voice said "Processing..... complete" dose not make her a robot... It makes her seem kinda robotic but it dose not make her a robot.

"My name's Jack, Jack Rannells, please to meet you!" Jack extended his hand towards his new acquaintance with a warm and inviting smile,"Are you new around here? I only ask because I think I would have remembered meeting... you... No offence of course it;s just that we don't get many students around here with uh... Purple hair..." To be honest, at first Jack thought it was a wig and she was merely cosplaying but... perhaps it was real? All he knew for sure was she was probably the dream come true of some poor depraved Otaku... Not that Jack wasn't a bit of an otaku... he just wasn't quite that depraved.
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:31 pm

" Jack Jack Rannells..Processing.....Complete....Information missing."
Her eyes took on it's usual stare as Jack Jack put his hand out. Iscariot didn't know what it meant but she followed his lead. With her hand extended towards his but not touching it she nodded her head in response to his question. " I am new. My name is Iscariot. I am in class 1-A " The exchanging of information was becoming easier for her to pull off. She felt accomplished and for the first time in her whole life did something with her face that she had seen others do. Her lips curved upwards, and her face changed from it's usual blank feature to a... smile?
She could feel her face doing it and she didn't know what it was that she doing but she felt it appropriate for what she was feeling.
The amount of students with purple hair is indeed limited. My hair is naturally this color, the doctor made it so. " She felt the need to explain this because it was indeed true, information of the false kind was never good.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 7:48 pm

Jack Jack?... Ok... another check mark for the "Hello I am a robot, pleased to robot you" list....But that might have just been a personality quirk... That didn't mean she was a robot! She nodded and smiled... Ya see! Robots don't smile or nod! They're robots it's not in their programming. All robots did was shoot lasers and go beep!...except for Charles... he was more of a... a... mechanical human then a robot. That's how Jack saw him anyway.

Jack took her hand and shook it gently and smiled,"It's a pleasure to meet you Iscariot! I'm a second year. If you have any questions about the school just ask me and I'll be happy to help. I'll give you a tour of the school grounds if you want." ....
did she say doctor?... yep she said doctor mad her... Ok that settles it.

"She's a robot...."

"Uh... did... did you just say Doctor?... who made you... Are... are you a robot?" Jack was beginning to think supernatural things were just attracted to him... like a magical magnet...
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Feb 14, 2015 8:54 pm

" Information Update... Processing... " It seemed the male before her was a second year student and it seemed he had a lot of information on the school and could show her places she had not been. This for Iscariot was a plus seeing as she could update her map if she needed too. " Robot? No. I am a... I am... Excuse me. " She did not know what she was off the top of her head. She knew for a fact that a robot was not the correct term, but she searched her memory banks to pull up the first time she had been activated and the information she had been given about herself. " I am a... Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon... Model Number 1. The first and only project of Doctor @#*&$(* " The last word didn't come out as a word but as a ear splitting sound of incoherent gibberish. That part of her memory seem to be inaccessible and she didn't understand why, she knew who the man who created was but she couldn't say it. Now why was that? Looking at Jack Jack her blank stare bore into him, as if waiting for something.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 1:11 am

Jack clutched his ears as she spoke the doctors name... Dear GOD that hurt! Like... Jack had heard nails on a chalk board... In fact he was the one who had dragged the nails across the calk board just to see what it sounded like. Needless to say the rest of his first grade class wasn't happy with the sound or the fact that Jack had brought a bag full of nails to class... But that was besides the point! The point was that she just said she was an Anti shadow Suppression Weapon... Out loud... and in public? Jack new he wasn't the most secritive about the supernatural but come on!... He knew at least not to do that!

"Shhh! Don't say that so loud!" Jack brought his finger up to shush her before she let out anymore"Look, sigh... I'm uh..." Jack did a quick look around to make sure the coast was clear before continuing in a hushed tone."I'm a persona user... and what you just said well... We can't talk about that kinda stuff out in the open like that, gatta keep it on the down low ya know?" Jack scratched the back of his head and smiled slightly as he eyed the strange android... so there were others like Charles eh? Good to know..."So what are you doing here? Special mission?"

Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:25 pm

Iscariot watched as Jack Jack held his ears, a action that was rather rare amongst humans, a possible indication to pain as she had read. She guessed that the sound she created while trying to say the doctor's name caused it. Iscariot did not mean for that to happen but as she listened to Jack Jack speak she became once more curious. " Why am I not allowed to say what I am aloud? It will cause misunderstandings and confusion If I do not identify myself properly. I do not know what a...Persona user is...I am not here on a special mission, I am here to gather knowledge from the library, I have heard it will tell me everything I want to know....Perhaps these books can tell me what a Persona user is... " She copied Jack Jack's low hushed tone but it came out the same as usual without any emotion behind it. She couldn't process what Jack Jack was getting at and he was actually starting to confuse her with his comments.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySun Feb 15, 2015 9:57 pm

Slowly... very slowly... Jack brought his hand up to his face. Was... was this real?... did... did all ASSW have really bad memories?... Was that just built into their programming? Jack sighed gently to himself and cursed his bad luck. "Alright, uh... I get the feeling that you don't quite get the whole "Blending in with society thing" yet, so I guess it makes sense that you wouldn't know the ins and outs of keeping things on the down low... And I doubt you'll find anything on Persona or Persona users in this library." Jack sighed and sat back down at the table and motioned to the seat across from him,"Go ahead and take a seat, I am ready to answer any questions you have right now, with in reason. I have a feeling we're gunna be here a while heh. But before that I have a few questions for you... Do you know what a persona or a shadow is?"

This... was gunna be a long day....
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 2:33 pm

Taking the seat across from Jack Jack, she held it in her hand as instructed. She didn't know what she would need from a chair but if it helped with the processing of information she would do so without question." No, to both of those things..." Once again she was bringing attention to herself with her antics. It was like watching a person in yellow blend in a room of red, silly. It didn't take long for the librarian to become fed up with the quite ruckus. Quickly walking over to the two she lowered her eyes in a sharp glare.
" Put that chair down this instant! Sit in it, or move along you are disturbing this sanctuary! Do not make me come over here again! Or out you go! " The woman spoke in a hushed scream and her face looked pink before she shuffled away. Iscariot didn't have time to speak on her behalf before the woman left so she just placed the seat down and sat in it.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptyTue Feb 17, 2015 5:58 pm

Huh... Jack didn't remember the table being this close to his face a second ago... nor did he remember this dull aching in the base of his skull... Odd... Well it probably came from the hard and sudden smack his head made when it collided full force with the table in response to Iscariot's very literal interpretation to his phrasing. Yeah that sounded about right. Jack refused to raise his head when the librarian came and scolded them about making a ruckus. Well at least some things never change. heh. He did raise his head once he heard Iscariot sit down. He looked at her with a mildly tired and exasperated expression.,"Alright, lesson number one, some times when a human says something, they mean something else. Like when I said,"take a seat," I meant,"Please sit down" It's called an "Expression" If I were you I would look up a list of commonly used expressions and what they actually mean, it will make interacting with Humans a lot easier..."

Jack leaned back in his chair and smiled at the female robot,"Lesson 2. The do's and don'ts of persona... First and foremost we don't talk about it in public, same goes for being an Anti Shadow Weapon... Trust me it will just make everything much easier. So I would suggest we talk about that particular can of worms later in privet. Now... do you have any general questions you want to ask?"
Back to top Go down
Iscariot

Iscariot

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:05 pm

Listening to Jack Jack explain a things Iscariot became entranced in his words. She made mental notes on these things take extra care to remember not to talk about herself being an ASSW. Once it came down to her asking questions she pulled up a list in her memory banks to call off and just as she was about to start a small ping noise went off in her head and before her eyes was was a memo. She was going to be late for the anime club, not that one could be late but she found a show that she enjoyed to come on around this time. " I'm sorry, but it seems that I have to be at the Anime club so as to not miss Puella Magi Madoka Magica. I would like to learn more, please come again tomorrow to the library. I will be here waiting with many questions in hand. Until then, goodbye. " Getting up she didn't wait for him to speak before gliding away, her destination set.

- exit -
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot EmptySat Feb 21, 2015 4:48 pm

Well that was... shorter then he thought it would be. She seemed to take his words to heart though, which was good. He was afraid that he would be here all day explaining to her how humans talk and how they interact with one another. It would have just been one big... wait... did she say Madoka...

"Hold on Iscariot! I'm comeing to! I love Madoka!"

Jack decided to go to anime club...

(Exit)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot   What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot Empty

Back to top Go down

What's a "Ranger" (Iscariot
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next