Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Silent Mountain Festival

Go down 
+2
AkaJack
Grantus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 6:56 pm

Song..? Many people related those kind of languages to that, but to be honest, Sharaku never saw the deal behind it, despite speaking one of those. Any language could be made into a song with the right tune and all. And depending on the person speaking, it didn't have to seem the same. Just a slight change in accent, or pitch of voice could make the same language sound vastly different. Hm. ''Not so much strange, seeing as many claim that, but I find it rather subjective anyway. One language could sound completely different, depending on who speaks it. You may like it for the sound one time, and be dissapointed next time, when someone else portrays it in a different manner.'' Most of the time, he was neutral towards any language, unless it was spoken very badly. Gibberish was something he did not appreciate as much.

Eh? He would look over at Oki with a thoughtful frown. Well. ''In case we take more than full numbers, maybe I could say 3 and half. Then again, my Spanish is rather broken.'' He could do much better in case he actually bothered practicing, but as it was, he only knew as much as he could from the fact that it was quite similar to Portuguese. No more than that. He was more adept at understanding it when he heard, rather than saying a sentence himself. ''Aside from that, I speak Portuguese, Japanese and English. I don't think I'd want to try Chinese.'' He's seen the way it's written. It looked worse than Japanese, and that one wasn't the easiest thing in the world to learn.

Was that so? ''I generally don't even try to comprehend in such cases. It isn't worth it. It's no matter anyway. Some people can be as malicious as an evil spirit. Might as well pick the latter.'' For whatever reason, he would still rather that. Some people could just be suffocating. He would simply raise an eyebrow at the callback. ''I don't truly care. I don't believe you could kill me, and as long as it doesn't go there, I should be fine.'' He wouldn't keel over if Oki threw something at him. He's faced worse than that already.

''Interesting? I think many would prefer that. I don't find it special.'' Common ground wasn't that hard to find, unless two people were literall opposites in everything there was. What was the chance of that happening? When Oki stated stuff about age, he would give a rather skeptical look. 100? That made no logical sense. Even if a person for some unknown reason did not age normally, 100 was still somewhat rare for people to reach. And those who did usually were not so healthy anymore. ''How is that even possible? Unless I'm mistaken, humans look the age they are. A bit of a difference happens, but appearing that young with the age you stated doesn't strike me as normal. Most people don't even reach that age, much less like this.'' He was honestly having trouble believing that, unless Oki was not human in the first place. That said, he would shake his head at the offer to sit. He liked standing just fine.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 1:40 pm

Oki tilted its head at Sharaku as it listened to the man speak on language. He had some interesting points there, but…

“I suppose song is subjective to the normal, but not for us. Sound is very much direct and more to the point at times than mere words. Songs are the way we define things. So if the song is pleasant the first time, then for us it will continue to be that way until someone changes the songs meaning from pleasant to harmful. Not sure if that makes sense, but that is simply how I translate language these days,” Oki said with a light frown as it thought for a moment how its brain worked. Maybe this sound thing was not normal…then again the reason it relied on sound so much was a naturally learned skill either. The being had kind of been taught the behavior which had become a necessity in time. So maybe this subject would be hard to explain if one was normal and the being was not….

Strange thoughts aside, Oki would come out of its thoughts as its eyes slid to the side and looked up at Sharaku meeting the look of thought he was giving it when it spoke on how many languages each knew. Hm? Had it said something wrong? Or confusing? Oki did not know and would not know the meaning of the look until the other’s mouth opened and he spoke.

“Oh, that is impressive. I looked at Spanish once, but wasn’t sure if it was a good one to learn or not. Chinese was a challenge and hobby thing… although it is a bit difficult to get a grip on. Still we want to master it someday,” Oki said with a nod. Really all it needed was the time to be around and submerged in the language more to grasp it. Oki could read better than speak, but that is what happened when the mind was trained to translate what was heard very differently from the way it was intended to be translated. “Well at least we have two languages in common, so this is good,” Oki finished with a light chuckle; however, when things came back to the subject of spirits, Oki would raise its eye brows at Sharaku words.

“Mmm. I suppose I would pick the human. Despite them being the absolute worse of the beasts, at least it is a beast that can be killed. Spirits….I have not the solution to get rid of them in such a simple manner and the money that it costs to hirer the experts to clean them out? Goodness, that would be a trade very much not worth it,” Oki said as it slipped off its hat and rested it on its knee for now. It let the wind blow through its unruly hair for a bit as it watched Sharaku react to its comment regarding the training.

An amused smile crossed Oki’s face at what was said in response.

“Alright then,” Oki said not really needing much more convincing that Sharaku was well equipped to handle the task. While Oki had never seen the other in action before, only a fool would underestimate a man as elegant as Sharaku. Much like it would be foolish to underestimate an elephant. Both were elegant and seemingly harmless, but once threatened? Who knew just how dangerous either could be? In any case, the light chatter wasn’t a matter of convincing for Oki. It was just light banter between itself and the human it had come to respect and trust with each meeting. If Sharaku had been someone else, the being wouldn’t have played this game at all or revealed the bit of information it had.

In any case, the old being would eventually come out of its amused thoughts as the idea of common ground came up. To Sharaku’s words Oki chuckle lightly in amusement.

“While that is true, I wasn’t sure if we had much common ground. You are pretty much opposite to us, so I wasn’t sure how much ground there was between us to stand on. I find now that I need not worry about it so much. At least we tolerate each other if nothing else and that is good enough for us,” Oki said with a smile at the other; however, the smile faded when Sharaku questioned it about its age and looks. Heh. It knew this one was going to come eventually.

“Yes. Humans do follow the rules you speak of. And they are also normal as stated; however, when it comes to the way we are, defining me as human becomes complex,” Oki said as it looked up at the other with a casual glance its eyes serious despite its laid back manner. “Curses and science has a way to defy what logic dictates and so being cursed, our body does not react in the same fashion as would be expected. My age will always exceed the slowly moving body…that is my lot in life,” Oki said keeping some pieces of the story vague unless Sharaku decided to poke into the subject more. Oki didn’t really mind telling Sharaku what it was or how it came to be what it was, but it also wasn’t going to say such things without being prompted to do. Still for Sharaku that door was cracked should he wish to dig further.

When the other declined the seat, Oki placed the stuff back where it had been and then sat the hat behind the fish’s jar. If he wanted to stand that was fine. Oki didn’t mind.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyTue Mar 17, 2015 8:02 pm

Eh. ''Well, if that works for you. Sound can mean alot, but I personally prefer to go by the words in the first place. A different language can sound nice, but when you don't know the words, someone might just be insulting you without your knowledge. One of the reasons why I speak a few. I'd rather not be somewhere, and do not really understand what am I told.'' Sharaku didn't have much more to say. Something could sound good, despite having a bad meaning. He didn't like to rely on that. A bit, to make sure, but most of the time, the meaning and the words itself were a better indicator for him, rather than whether it sounded pleasant or not.

''Spanish can be good to learn. Though, I only speak as much as I can make up myself. Never actually studied it.'' And probably never would, unless he found a reason to. He didn't need Spanish to get by, so there was no point. There would be no one to speak to in the language, and he knew enough of them to confuse someone in case he wanted to do that. ''Maybe. I rarely speak Japanese nowadays, however. There's no point doing so here.'' As long as they had one in common, and could communicate, the additional ones didn't truly matter. They both spoke English, therefore there was no need for the Japanese.

He would simply quirk an amused smile at the idea of paying for chasing a spirit out. ''I guess we have different views on the matter then.'' This discussion was going in circles anyway, so might as well stop the cycle. They probably weren't going to agree no matter how long this exchange went on. He didn't mind, but endless talk about the same thing got boring eventually. ''They say opposites attract, no?'', he would question amusedly. ''Besides, I believe as long as two people can respect each other's opinions, it doesn't matter even if they are complete opposites.'' The problem was, when they did nothing else but argue on it. He knew that feel, but by common sense, it did not have to be that way.

He would frown when Oki vaguely explained the age issue. ''So, does it have something to do with a supernatural influence? Or do you mean some specific kind of curse?'' He wasn't sure what could that mean. Was there a different form of magic aside from what he was already familiar with, or was it just a variation of what was?
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 12:21 pm

Heh. The being supposed it didn’t make sense at all, its explanation on sound and its effect upon itself.

“I can tell when something is meant as an insult even if it sounds pleasant, it is a different sort of sound I speak of. Just like the songs aren’t exactly what you may think they are. It is a complicated mess really that I do not really know how to explain with words. I supposed you’d have to be me to understand…and I highly doubt anyone would want that sort of burden placed upon them,” Oki said with a sheepish grin before nodding lightly at Sharaku. “However, I can agree learning languages is beneficial in the sense you speak of and they are a bit fun to collect for me at least.”

The being stop speaking there, not really having much else to say afterwards. It’s words were straightforward enough so why bother making things more complex by adding unnecessary words? Besides, it was not like Oki was looking to explain its strange translations using sound any further and it wasn’t looking to open the floor for arguments either The situation was what it was end of story.

“You have learned Spanish a bit and yet never studied it? How did you accomplish that?”
Oki would ask as its mind tried to think of logical solutions to the problem. Sharaku might’ve had friends that could speak it or maybe it was something he picked up during his time as a drifter? Hmm…curious Shaku. Just how many surprises could he pull out of his hat in one go?

Oki would snort lightly amused when the subject came to Japanese and speaking it.

“I suppose not. Outside of myself, I don’t think there are very many that speak the language. Still, its always nice to play with it so it won’t get too bent out of shape,” Oki said with a light chuckle that easily became a smirk as the conversation moved on.

“Mhmmm. Spirits among other things we vary on, but this is good. It would be a bit boring if we were too much a like,” Oki said with a grin, easily letting the conversation end there. It knew when to give up on something and it knew how to read when a person rather not continue on a subject that was quickly losing its strength. Besides,,,if such an exchange continued Oki would quickly get a headache from it all. Spirits and who believed in them or not was a tricky subject to play with to begin with. In the end, no one won anything when conversations got to deep on the matter. Yes, best to leave it alone before it got to that point.

“So the saying goes,” Oki would respond back in friendly tones to Sharaku’s comment on opposites before it was nodding in agreement. “That is truth right there.” The being said with an amused smirk that would last for a few moments before the conversation came to an even stranger subject. Age.

To Sharaku’s frown and question, Oki shook its head lightly.

“It is a curse created by mad scientists and playing around with things that should’ve just been left alone. They played around with many things and messed up the natural balance of the body. Then add a dash of dark beings to the mix and you have a potion of delaying the body from aging for many, many years….Someone would kill for such a mix, but quite frankly the drawbacks aren’t worth it….” Oki said as it glanced up at Sharaku with a small frown. Not directed at him per se, but rather at some thought from its past. In any case, the being would leave the explanation there for now unless further prompted.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyWed Mar 18, 2015 6:12 pm

Sharaku would raise an eyebrow in amusement. Yes, he wasn't truly getting it, but he found one part funny. ''You say you can tell it is or isn't an insult? You didn't seem so sure when I held back on giving you the translation of that word back then.'' If Oki could really tell, then that little scene shouldn't have happened. Either way, he wouldn't comment on the rest, not really interested in dragging out the conversation when the other claimed to not know how to explain in words. There was no point in such a case. He didn't truly need to understand anyway.

The following question was simple enough. ''There's nothing special to that, actually. I speak Portuguese, and Spanish is very similar. I think the two have have at least a 70% mutual intelligilibility. Therefore, I can understand Spanish fairly well, and speak it a little, maybe, but I think my grammar would be horrible if I tried.'' He would smile thinly at that. ''You remember that word, yes? In Portuguese, heart is coração. I believe in Spanish it is corazón. The difference isn't big in many cases. Supposedly, Spanish is even thought to be easier to pronounce. However, I never paid it enough mind to be able to really speak it correctly.'' After all, he didn't need to. Maybe one day when there would be nothing else to do.

''Hm?''
, he would hum lightly at Oki's amusement towards the Japanese. ''I've met a few Japanese people here in Azores already, but it matters not for me. Both Japanese and English are just learned languages for me, so I don't care which am I using in this case.'' He could always practice speaking to himself in case he felt like he needed to dust off his knowledge, but so far, he was having no problems, so it didn't bother him. In fact, he had been speaking more Japanese than English in the past, and only seriously started using the latter when he came here.

He would proceed to just nod vaguely at the following subjects, until they came to the explanation.

''.........''

He had a feeling he knew approximately where this was going, and while it would be logical to inquire further to be more sure about things, he did not feel like discussing such matters now. He would look a bit to the side, golden eyes narrowed, not really focusing on a specific point. ''At least you are alive to talk about it...''
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 11:37 pm

Oki would grin as it rubbed the back of its head lightly.

“I didn’t think it was an insult. I guess I was so eager to know what it meant that when you hesitated, I automatically started thinking worse case scenarios. That happens when you are unfamiliar with a sound,” the bring said as it looked at Sharaku. “I am not so good about hiding my excitement.”

An embarrassing thing to admit, but it was the truth. When it became excited or had to wait for something it was eager to get, its reaction was to start panicking as its mind thought for sure the good thing was going to be bad or be taken away. A learned habit that even after all these years was hard to break. Such was life for Oki.

When it asked the question regarding learning Spanish without studying it, Oki tilted its head to the left and then the right as it processed what was said. What Sharaku was saying was logical enough and when he gave the example, the explanation became clearer.

“Hmm…the hum of the latter is simpler than the first, but I am not too sure which is harder or not either as I never sat down to study neither. Still, I find it impressive you learned from the similarity and came to such a conclusion. Shaku can be dangerous when he applies himself,”
Oki said with a smirk of light playfulness before the subject was changing a bit more.

“I suppose I simply adapted. Grandmother spoke Japanese and English, so those are the first I caught onto. Chinese? Neh. I like to bring headaches upon myself when they are fun,”
Oki said with a light wink before unintentionally becoming the one talking as Sharaku took to simply nodding to the subjects passing.

It wasn’t until Oki gave an explanation of the last topic that the man came back to reality fully. His sideways glance and reaction to the words…he understood in some fashion exactly what Oki was saying meaning…they were more similar than the being originally thought they were. Of course it was an assumption that needed proof to back up, but for now the thought was a bit comforting.

When Oki heard Sharaku’s words, it closed its eyes as its body automatically relaxed with relief as it nodded lightly at what was said. It didn't have to go further into that hell yet. Good. Oki would remain quiet and still for a moment before opening its eyes and collecting its items once more before standing.

Once it was set to go, it moved easily into Sharaku’s space bubble as it looked up at him with an appreciative gaze.

“I am not sure how it is we meet like this, but I am glad that I know you Sharaku,” it said lightly before brushing pass him and taking a few steps down the path heading away from the festivities before pausing and turning back to face Sharaku.

“If it does not bother you, would you mind keeping me company while I wait for the bus back to the station, Shaku?”

Oki would wait for an answer.

If Sharaku agreed, then the being would walk down the path with Sharaku at its side towards the bus stop where it would wait with the man for the only bus that would take it to the station. If the man declined then, Oki would say its farewells and move on alone.

Exiting
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptySun Mar 22, 2015 10:02 am

((OoC: Too lazy to write a post >.> Nothing big would happen anyway. I'll just say he would follow there at the end, that's probably the most important part.))

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 EmptyThu Mar 26, 2015 4:33 pm

Your social link has ranked up...

Both have formed a social link with Maya Briggs of the Tower Arcana...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 5 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Silent Mountain Festival
Page 5 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5