Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Silent Mountain Festival

Go down 
+2
AkaJack
Grantus
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyWed Feb 25, 2015 12:37 pm

There was a light chuckle at Oki’s words regarding the dog and cat issue causing the being to look at the other a bit perplexed before it was falling into thought at what had been said.

“Yes that is true a dog has more hazards then cats, but on the other hand, dogs never really gave me any sort of trouble. They actually are quite sweet, but cats…hmmm…I just don’t know Shaku. Nothing good has ever come my way from them,” Oki said as it rubbed the back of its head with its free hand. Cats…they truly were evil…right? Oki sighed inwardly not really knowing the answer to that at this point, but that issue wouldn’t matter for long as the subject drifted back to naming the fish.

The first response made Oki think it had stepped on a boundary once more, but when the other spoke and then said a strange word afterwards, the old being relaxed a bit. Oki heard the word and processed it and then tried to replicate it.

“Corwa…uh…no cora...” Oki tried but failed to get the word just right. It kept tongue tying the being and the accent that Sharaku had could not be replicated perfectly. Regardless of this, Oki kept trying until it was distracted by the question asked by the other.

“Uh.. Well, I will give you credit for giving me something to chew on for a while. I will get it right in time. You just wait and see,” Oki said with a smirk confident that the word would not beat it down. It would just take a bit of practice, but Oki would replicate that word and when it did, the meaning of the word would be clear to the being. With a challenge in hand, Oki put the word on hold as it instead focused on the rest of the conversation being held.

To Sharaku’s words regarding how well it could hold information, the old being gave a small smile as it shook its head.

“I suppose so. Save others quite a bit of grief to be honest,” Oki said to the other in a calm tone as its mind briefly wandered backwards in time. Yes…the life of an information gather was indeed fun, but cursed in the fact that it hindered learning to talk normally to others and on top of that the need for more information never ceased. The ordeal was a daily fight that Oki had learned to control by keeping its mind distracted by whatever it could…

In any case, the being would stay in thought for a short time before it was chuckling lightly at Sharaku’s comment regarding him being scared of something.

“Possibly, hmm? Makes me curious if I could use that fear for something useful then,” Oki said lightly in turn as they moved slowly with the line. Silence would fall between them for a moment before Sharaku asked if the being wanted something and so in turn got the offer from Oki to buy all; however, the man seemed to disapprove of this saying, he rather not have that occur. The idea was perplexing since it contradicted most observations the being had. Most of the time people liked when they didn’t have to pay and yet Sharaku preferred it the other way. The being wondered why, but it reigned in the curiosity as Sharaku took enough of its own money to buy the water.

As Sharaku was busy with ordering, Oki put away its money pouch and kept itself distracted by quietly trying to get the pronunciation of the word Sharaku had said early right. When Sharaku handed the being the water a few minutes later, the being eyes brightened with joy.

“Thank you,” it said as it took a swallow of the water. So good.

Oki was quiet for a moment as it walked away from the booth quite happy with its drink before pausing to see if Sharaku had followed.

If he had, the being would move to a empty bench away from the crowds and near a small spirit shrine that sat low to the ground. Pausing to sit the fish on the bench, Oki would switch hands the water was in so its left hand was free before it kneeled down by the shrine and began to clean away the weeds around it with a light frown. The action was simply an impulse, but Oki couldn’t stop the need to clean that shrine.

“Sorry…I just can’t leave the shrine be like this. So disrespectful to the one who lives here,” Oki said knowing it was silly in some eyes to do such a thing, but to the being this was a must do. Happy spirits meant a happy space, so why not give them some love in return for many benefits?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 3:02 pm

Hm, well there wasn't much to say seeing as Oki was biased when it came to the opinion of cats and dogs. Honestly, Sharaku didn't find either of them too bad, or too good. He could handle a dog if he had one, but a cat just suited him somewhat more right now. He liked going out, but on his own terms, not when a dog says it wants out. ''Whatever you say then. I honestly don't see a problem with cats myself.'' There was no use continuing this discussion much past that.

He would smile thinly when Oki failed to pronounce the word right and all. ''It's not really a hard word. I can repeat it for you if you want.'' It did have the kind of pronounciation that wasn't really used in English, but it wasn't a long word or anything. Even the meaning was simple in the end. ''Unless they don't want to know.'', he'd state simply. It only saved grief when you actually cared about that info yourself, no? He didn't need that kind of knowledge about fish. What for? He wasn't going to have a pet fish, and if he was to eat them, he couldn't care less whether it was female or male.

At the chuckle at following words, he would raise an eyebrow. ''What would you possibly want to use fear for? In a useful way, that is. People don't enjoy being scared, I believe.'' Better not give Oki an opportunity. That was something he did not want to have to face. There wasn't much good he could see coming out of it. Thankfully, there weren't many things that honestly scared him, and God forbid if he would ever just tell someone in a conversation. ''You're welcome.'', he would nod simply, after dealing with the whole buy drinks business. With that, he would follow absentmindedly, not really caring for the destination right now. He would eventually stop by said bench, not sitting down yet. Watching what Oki was doing, he would simply give a halfhearted shrug. He really didn't know what to say to that. He wouldn't do it himself, but if the other wanted to pick up weeds from a place he didn't even know, be it. It wasn't doing him any good to question such occurences.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 6:31 pm

A small frown was the only response Oki would give as the subject of cats came to a close. It honestly just couldn’t wrap its head around a cat being a good thing, let alone a companion. Cats were always so heartless. They just watched you suffer without a care. And if they weren’t watching, they bared fangs, made strange sounds, bit and scratched. How can anything good come out of a creature like that? Oki truly didn’t understand and so was more than happy to the let the subject go as it shook its head lightly to clear it.

The downed mood would only last for a second before Sharaku had very easily distracted the being with a word it could not pronounce right off the bat. It had tried, but its tongue just couldn’t wrap around it well. When the other smile and then offered to repeat it, Oki thought about the words for a moment before nodding lightly at the other.

“Yes, we want to know,” the being said as it continued to walk along side of Sharaku with the fish in hand. It would wait for the other to speak, filling the silence with any answer the other required regarding fish or what not; however, how useful said information was to the other was unknown. Maybe like everything else, the man simply let what was said bounce off of him. Sharaku was hard to gauge...and yet that was what made him likable.

When the conversation came to the issue of fears, Oki smiled lightly and shook its head at the question.

“There are many things to use fear for, but to give examples would make us seem quite heartless; however, if you want to know. I can tell you a few uses for it,” Oki said with a faint shrug as it watched the other. It had many things it could use fear for and while it had no issue sharing such knowledge with others, it didn’t exactly want to go into territory that would break potential bounds with another. The being wasn’t cruel per se, but its logic in some situations made its loyalty questionable to those who did not understand its tactics well.

In any case, Oki would let Sharaku choose wheteher or not to jump down that rabbit hole as it fell quiet and went to the booth with Sharaku. Once it had its water and gave its thanks, it tilted its head lightly at the response back from Sharaku, but other wise simply enjoyed its water as it began to walk away from the booth.

When it became distracted by the overgrown shrine and paused to set to work on cleaning it, Oki was quite surprise that Sharaku didn’t simply walk away. It understood that the other wasn’t exactly keen on the idea of spirts if it was remembering correctly, so did he linger because Oki was good company? Hmph….interesting if it be true.

“There,” Oki said with a light sigh as the shrine was properly cleaned and the weeds knocked away. It was a strange cat shrine.

“Heh. I just can't get away from these days... Well maybe the cat will stay home, instead of following us. Sometimes my impulses are more troublesome than good,” Oki said with a faint chuckle as it stood back up and looked over at Sharaku with a faint smile.

“I am not sure what to do now. We could wander further away from the noise or go back in it,” Oki said as it looked from the crowds of people and then towards the paths and the mountain beyond. There were other things to do it was sure, but at the moment its mind was drawing a blank, but maybe that was because it was simply content with Sharaku’s company and really didn’t require much in either action or talking.

Completely contentment to be with a friend? Perhaps…perhaps that is what they were. It wasn’t sure, but it felt safe with Sharaku, but on a different level than it felt with someone it would call its other half. It was an odd feeling to name, but it did not harm the being, so Oki did not rebel against the comfort.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyWed Mar 04, 2015 8:33 pm

Alright then. There was no problem with repeating as much as needed. It was...an interesting past time, so to say. ''Very well then.'', he would state lightheartedly. ''It's not really that hard of a word. Coração.'', he would repeat the word, this time a bit slower, to help Oki along. ''It even means quite a simple thing in English.'' It wasn't like he was making Oki say something complicated, really.

When Oki gave the response on the fear subject, he would blink a few times, then shrug it off mentally. A slightly strange answer, but be it. ''Go ahead. I've seen a lot of cruel and heartless things already. I think I can live this.'', he would choose to respond simply letting the other to decide the flow of this conversation. He was pretty sure he could take whatever was said. Besides, he was kind of curious. He couldn't deny that.

At the shrine, he would still just keep standing there, busying himself with occassionally drinking, and watching Oki go about with the strange activity. ''I wouldn't mind the cat.'', he would comment offhandedly, when Oki made the statement. Then again, that was probably just him. ''I think I prefer the middle ground. Don't know about you.'', he would respond to the inquiry about further movement, as he stared into the sky thoughfully. He didn't feel much like anything special right now.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 12:24 pm

When Sharaku agreed to repeat the word and didn’t seemed to be too bothered by the action, Oki would listen attentively to the word and how it was pronounced when it was spoken again.

“Cor..acã..o…” it repeated slowly before nodding inwardly and repeating it again with a bit more confidence this time around. “Coração!”

The word was spoken with a bit of pride about finally getting it right, but just as soon as the being showed this bit of pride it vanished as it focused on the last part of Sharaku’s words.

“Hm? Well, what does it mean?” it asked as it continued to walk with Sharaku. While it trusted Sharaku to a degree, it was not familiar with the language he spoke and so in turn wanted to know what it had just said, For all it knew, Sharaku had just taught it a “bad word” so to speak…even though the likelihood of that seemed slim considering how well-spoken Sharaku was. Still, one never knew.

In any case, when the conversation moved back to the subject of fear and Sharaku indeed decided to go through the darker rabbit hole of what fear could be used for, Oki glanced at the other with a calm expression for a while trying to gauge if he really wanted answers or was simply yanking its chain; however, when the being saw pure curiosity within the other, it looked away as it thought for a moment.

“Situation A: Two subjects are stuck in a cave with the simple objective of just getting out of it alive. Subject A is calmer than Subject B; however, when presented with a spider like creature Subject A becomes highly afraid and decides to run. Instead of trying to calm the other down or even follow the scared subject, Subject B decides to use the noise and movement as cover as it hides in the shadows causing the spider creature to charge after the more lively of the targets and away from self. Subject B makes it out of the cave. Subject A…never came back,” Oki said its tone calm, monotone and serious as it looked at the path straight ahead for a moment. Then blinking, green eyes would look up at Sharaku.

“And that is just a mild example too,” the being said before looking away and falling silent once more as it walked with Sharaku. A strange air lingered about Oki that was neither comforting nor unpleasant. It was just an odd mix of something unnamed and yet could only be shown to someone the being trusted. The being would stay in this state for a while longer before coming out of it some time later when the idea of drinks came in to distract it.

From the drink booth, they headed to a shrine where Sharaku had patiently waited for Oki to perform the task of cleaning the shrine. When the being was done and had made its comment regarding the type of shrine that it cleaned, Oki looked over at Sharaku with an amused smile at his words.

“You would want a bakeneko in your house? Hmm…well that is quite a bold statement. Even if I hate cats to no end, I much rather have a physical one around than a spirit. At least with a physical one, they can be erased if needed,” Oki said as it rubbed the back of its head with a sheepishly. Honestly…it’s logic could seem highly cruel, but that is simply the way it was.

When it came to the issue of what to do next, Oki nodded lightly as it moved its fish out of the way and sat down on the bench before picking up it had water once more.

“We don’t have a preference for anything either. Just kind of glad to be out of the shop, you know?” Oki said lightly before becoming silent for a moment as it simply enjoyed the night air and relaxed. After a few minutes had passed, green eyes would shift back to its companion.

“Neh? Shaku, tell me about yourself. Like where you came from before here and such. I know it might sound nosy, but humor me for a bit, yes?” Oki asked in calm yet gentle tones that was devoid of the directness that may have come forward when they first met. The being was giving the other a choice rather than intentionally prying for information for some unknown purpose. It simply wanted to know about the man it kept running into within its life. Nothing wrong with that, right?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 05, 2015 4:28 pm

Sharaku would chuckle a bit, when Oki proceeded to inquire about the meaning right after getting it right. Was the other afraid it meant something stupid? Oh, he could do that. He actually found the idea of saying something not nice in a different language to people who didn't understand amusing, but this was not the case. He didn't pick this word with that kind of intention. He would stick his tongue out at Oki briefly. ''A heart. Coração is a heart.'', he would finally answer the posed question. That shouldn't be a problem. Unless the other for some reason found a heart offensive, but he couldn't imagine why would that be.

Er? ''Well, that all depends on whether this is used just as a theory, of if you'd want to actually carry an experiment out. If it's the former, I don't see a problem with it. Everyone is afraid of something else, so yes, a specific situation might affect things greatly. That is nothing new.'' The example Oki gave was not what he expected, but technically speaking, the way people reacted was true in that one. The only bad thing about it could be, in case Oki wanted to actually do a test like that on living beings for real. Where would you even get a spider creature like that? A normal little spider usually couldn't kill. Fear was possible, yes...there was a phobia of spiders, right? He just couldn't remember its name right off the bat.

With the subject of cats on board again, he would click his tongue lightly. ''I am not afraid of a cat, no matter what form it is it. It can come to be annoying, but hell would freeze over before I'd have a serious problem with one being around me.'' Real one or a spirit, did it matter? It wasn't like he did anything to it, so a spirit would have no reason to be out to cause him harm. In which case, he couldn't care less whether he had the company or not. There were worse things out there than cats, and he stood by that opinion. ''If it makes you happy to be out of your shop, then go out more often?'', he'd suggest, tipping his glass thoughtfully. It wasn't like there was nothing to do around when the festival wasn't in motion.

''Hmm.'', he would look into the distance absentmindedly when Oki asked about his past. That wasn't a subject he liked dissecting unless the person he was speaking with needed to know in one way or another. He would remain silent like that for a while, before looking back at his companion with a vague shrug. ''As I already said, I came from Portugal. Aside from that I've lived in Japan as well, before I came here. You could say I was sort of a drifter before I came to Azores.'' Technically, that was the truth. He never stayed in one place for long after the whole deal that happened to him. Even before, he had moved once.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 06, 2015 12:34 pm

Oki blinked at the chuckle that Sharaku gave in response to its question regarding the meaning of the strange word. What was so funny about that? Did he really just teach Oki a “bad word” or something it should not be so proud of getting right? The small worry lingered as the silence stayed and when the other stuck his tongue out at Oki a moment longer, the look of dramatic despair could not be hidden. Oh no…what had it just been taught?!

However, the brief panic lasted only for a second before Oki was blinking a few times as it processed the English equivalent of the word.

“A heart,” it repeated faintly as its mind processed the word for a few seconds before Oki was grinning at the other. "That’s a really pretty word. Thank you for teaching it to me, Shaku,” the being said with a smile quite pleased and very relieved that the word was something simple and harmless. It guess it was right to assume Sharaku wasn’t a trouble maker…either that or the being got extraordinarily lucky with that one. Mhmm…best to not over think that new train of thoughts.

Eh? Oki glanced up at Sharaku as he spoke in regards to the example it had given. As it listened to the words, it bowed its head lightly as a sad smile appeared on its face.

“Sometimes theory is kinder than actions,” was all that the being would say in response to that. What it had given was not theory…or it trying to make up an experiment. No that example….that example had come from the past…and the surviving subject was standing right before the man. It was a heavy thought, but one that Oki felt a bit of relief in letting out. Despite how messed up things were, maybe it needed to simply let go some of the baggage of the past to move forward, but up until now found no one or thing to help it with such a task

Personal demons and baggage aside, the conversation would eventually turn back to cats and to what Oki heard, the being was quiet for a moment before it started to laugh.

“Oh my…you are quite a piece of work, Shaku. I’ve never found a human brave enough to actually say that,” the old being said quite amused with its companion as it calmed a bit and tilted its head at Sharaku. “Perhaps in time you can help me gain some of that courage. Personally, I’d abandon ship if a bakeneko got in the house even if I did nothing to it,” Oki said easily enough to the other, not finding any reason to be nervous or bend corners with this one. Time and familiarity had gained Sharaku that honor.

When it came to getting out more, Oki chuckled lightly at the other.

“Perhaps so. I have been a hermit much too long,” the being said stretching a bit as it sat being careful not to spill the water or knock the fish over. When it relaxed and asked about the other’s past, the being got a hmmm and a moment of silence before the other was looking back at it and giving a vague shrug. Quite used to this sort of action by now, Oki nodded lightly at what it heard.

“A drifter, huh? Seems like an interesting lifestyle. I think I’ve been a bird placed in cages most of my life. Not sure how it would’ve turned out if I was a bit braver or more free,” the being said as it sat the half full water cup down on the bench.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySat Mar 07, 2015 10:36 pm

The reaction was priceless. Even though half expected. Sharaku had done what he did just to see whether Oki would show worry about the word's meaning. He was not dissapointed in the end. Light messing with people could be fun a times. It wasn't like he was doing any harm here, as the word actually wasn't anything bad. Besides, a small change from the usual annoyances, and irritations was welcome. While joking was something he in a way enjoyed doing, he did not get that chance often lately. Things were just either too serious for it to be appropriate, or he for some reason ended up being severely off the required mood for him to pull it off.

''It was a random choice, but you're welcome nevertheless.'', he would respond casually. Teaching the word had not been the initial intention, as it started as a pronouncing challenge, but he would take it. ''You'd probably be better off learning some more meaningful things in a different language..like how to say 'I love you'. I guess people find that one fun to learn, usually.'' Not that he really understood the sentiment, because then the other person most likely did not understand what were you telling them. But, some found that romantic, or so he noticed. Eh. To each their own.

He would look at Oki contemplatively when the other gave quite the short response to the experiment subject. Hmmm. ''I cannot deny that. Actions are worse than the theory itself most of the time.'', he would respond fairly simply, not really sure what was Oki getting at with the sentence. Either way, he couldn't disagree, so that was that. He would blink when they talked about cats again, and Oki laughed. What? ''Why not? I mean, I'd probably be somewhat concerned if it was a tiger, or a lion, but a mere cat? What would it do, past scratching me? And if I didn't do anything to a spirit in the first place, it has no reason to seek to harm me.'', he would state firmly, though with an amused smile. Oki's bad opinion of cats was sort of amusing, the way it persisted. ''I could introduce you to my cat later on. I think you could get along.'' Yes, Kage could be insufferable at times, but he had his ways of keeping the furball reigned in. As long as he kept an eye over the situation from the start, it should work out well enough.

At the comment of being a hermit, he would just nod casually. There was nothing for him to say to that. Or at the very least, nothing came to mind. ''Bird...?'', he would frown thoughfully. That was a strange allegory to use. It didn't seem like a pleasant one to imagine. ''Well...not nearly as interesting as it may seem. And I can't say I haven't been in the same position you speak of for a certain amount of time either.'', he would state, a bit vaguely, perhaps...but he wasn't sure where to venture with this conversation.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 1:18 am

Was that amusement in Sharaku’s eyes? Was he actually getting a kick out of Oki panicking about the word? Well now. It was true that Oki’s reaction was a bit over the top, but who could blame it? The guy had left it in so much suspense it couldn’t help, but react the way it did. Still, it was rather interesting to find it amused the other so and luckily for Sharaku, Oki was not one to call him out for such a thing. Instead, when it saw the amusement, it pouted lightly as it poked its tongue back out at the other with a light “nnn”. It was a light playful gesture that was easily followed up with a small smirk that showed it was not offend by the amusement the other got at its dispense.

“I like the random choice,”
Oki said easily as it kept step with the other before it shook its head lightly at what was said.

“I don’t know how practical that is for me. I am not sure I have anyone to say such a phrase to and even if I did I am not sure I’d express the feeling like that. I don’t think…” Oki said pondering that little issue for a bit and then glancing up at Sharaku it would blink. “But out of curiosity. How do you say “I love you?” anyway?” the being said up for another challenge. It liked to learn regardless if it was practical or not. It was simple the being’s way. Whether Sharaku humored the being or not was up to him. Regardless of what happen, Oki would continue to chat with the other becoming a bit more quieter as the subject revolving about using fear continued.

Its short answer got the other looking at it in a contemplative manner, making Oki wonder what sort of thoughts was going through the other’s head; however, what was said was a bit unexpected. Coming out of its odd mood a bit, it looked up at Sharaku watching him carefully as it processed the simple phrase. With a light nod, Oki would eventually respond back.

“Tell me about it,”
it responded back calmly, glad that Sharaku wasn’t the prying type and yet seemed to know just what to say to keep the peace. This trait of Sharaku was much welcomed. Normally people would poke and pry at such a response, but maybe because Oki trusted the other not to pry was why it could say such things without worrying too much about certain doors being reopened again...unless it wanted them to be open. Thank you, Sharaku.

Ah. The cat spirit. He wanted to know about why it should be a concern, hmm?

Oki looked at the other with a light smile on its face as it study Sharaku for a moment as it did its best to tailor the explanation to something he would probably prefer.

“You don’t necessarily have to do anything to the bakeneko for them to be cruel to you. They are spirits of revenge and grudges, typically attached to families, but they have been known to give those who underestimate them or challenge them hell. Being a spirit, there are very few that win against them. They honestly make the even the large cats look like kittens,” Oki told the other. “As for what they can do…well they are very good at breaking the mind and tormenting people in the most unnatural of fashions. Scratches are the least of your concerns. I’d be more worried about my home killing me than that,” Oki said with a shudder. "Honestly, why even invite that thing in, Sharku?" it muttered quite uncomfortable with such a notion.  

When Sharaku offered to introduced Oki to his own cat, the being tilted its head lightly at the offer as it gave the other an odd look

The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 Wait-what

before speaking.

“Eh-heh. You really think you can handle me in that sort of situation? While I am not denying I am up for facing my fear, I honestly don’t want harm to come to you should I overreact or something,”
Oki said. “Not sure if I’d get along or be forbidden from ever coming near ya again.”

Oki let out a light chuckle more nervous at the idea of facing a cat head on, but if Sharaku was there then things would be fine…right…? Hmmm…Well, Oki suppose it would simply have to see when it came to that. It would be interesting nonetheless and who knew... Maybe Sharaku could help it with its fear.

Moving from the subject of cats to lifestyles, the conversation would continue at an easy pace until the topic of “caged bird” was mention. When Sharaku repeated the word “bird”, Oki nodded lightly back at the other. Yeah, he had heard it right. Cage bird….that was the best way to sum up most of its life.

“Hmph. Perhaps, but being out is nice regardless,” Oki said with a light smile as it it picked up the water and took a swallow of it. Then pausing in the middle of a second sip, it looked up at Sharaku over the rim of its cup before lowering it.

“…So you too, hmm? Mind me asking how long ago?” Oki asked in calm tones. It wasn’t mocking the other or even being sarcastic with its words. It was trying to come to an understanding of Sharaku without crossing lines. It would be nice to know a bit more about the other and perhaps through learning find it wasn’t so alone or out there in the world….maybe there were others like itself. People bestowed with “gifts” they didn’t want…through the most inhuman means…The other was free to pry back in turn if he found that a fair trade.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptySun Mar 08, 2015 12:24 pm

Sharaku would simply just tilt his head in reaction to the response. Well, no harm done either way. Oki seemed to have taken it just fine, therefore there wasn't much else for him to do, now that the supposed joke was done and over with. ''Well, you never know. Though, that was just a suggestion. I can do something else if you can think of something you'd find practical for yourself.'', he would shrug lightly. He could understand that. He probably wouldn't either in case he found himself in that kind of a situation. At least, he would not choose that kind of route when being serious with his feelings. He already got misunderstood enough. Getting people confused over a different language when making an important point was not what he'd find a wise idea. For fun, yes...but why would he be saying that in such a case...eh, guess it depended on the other party. Some people liked a joke like that. ''Eu te amo.'', he would answer with a faint smile, when Oki asked for the translation anyway. It felt weird saying it. He didn't think he ever had before, even though it was his native language. Then again, you don't normally go running around and telling people you love them.

..at the following response, he would raise an eyebrow lightly. Well. ''I would 'tell' about it, but I don't think that's what you want to hear.'', he would state flippantly. He knew what Oki meant, but he did not want to keep a downy mood right now. That was not what you should to during a festival, no? It seemed logical.

When Oki chose to give him a speech on the cat issue, he would blink a few times, before giving a laid-back smile. No deal. ''It's alright. I'm broken already, so it doesn't matter. Why? I stand by the fact that there's no reason for hostility when I did not do anything to it. Maybe I could make friends with it? Being cruel all the time gets boring after a certain period. Maybe the spirit would appreciate someone not fearing it for once. Negative feelings will only end up bringing more negative ones into play. Why not break that?'' He was no animal expert, but he did not harbor bad feelings towards them, so why should he be straying from something just because rumours said it was inherently not good? No one is only good or only evil, most likely, and spirits probably weren't that different. Guess he was a little more comfortable dealing with animals then people, because it was doubtful he would be that lenient in case of the latter. In this, he was probably opposite of Oki. He would snort lightly. ''I handle whatever comes my way. I don't see it as a big deal.'' What would Oki do anyway, run? Besides, he was capable of fighting in case some sort of scruffle were to break out.

Being out was nice? Ultimately depended on the set up. ''May be..'', he would mutter, shaking his head. ''Say, what is better..being inside, with no way of getting out...or being out, but having nowhere to go in?'', he would pose a question, with a steady gaze at the other. Let's see what would Oki say to this. He would stop to think over the following question...when..? Why would Oki want to know that..? Well, not as if that was a secret. ''9 to 4 years ago, approximately.'', he would answer simply, not sure what was the aim of this inquiry.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 4:54 pm

“That be true, but only the thing practical to me at the moment is asking about food places,” Oki said with a light chuckle. The way its mind prioritized things at times….was quite disturbing. While it was true Oki liked a roof over its head, it was fine without one as long as it had access to good food. The same went for clothing and other things that the normal person would not to be without. Perhaps this way of thinking meant it was broken in some fashion from its life caged up. It wasn’t sure, but did it really matter that much? Maybe. Maybe not. What mattered was that the issue didn’t really matter much here.

So it was with ease that Oki shifted from the practical things to curious ones as it asked Sharaku to say the phrase “I love you” anyway. The other did indeed say the phrase to which after listening to it for a bit Oki repeated.

“Eu..te..amo…” it said the phrase slowly at first trying it out before saying it once more. “Eu te amo. Huh…” Oki blinked a few times as the words came out easier than the first word Sharaku had given it. The pharse felt odd as it rolled off its lips, but maybe that was because this was the first time it had said the phrase in many years. Such an odd weight and yet it was kind of nice.

“Such an odd phrase, but pleasant nonetheless. Thank you again,” Oki told the other with a smile quite happy it now had two things it could say in another language. Granted, it wasn’t sure if it would ever have need for the words, but it still was quite proud to have something new added to its log banks.

Oki would remain quite content until the subject rolled around to something a little less pleasant. The pair would exchange words before Sharaku said something that caused Oki to look up at him a bit surprised at first and then letting the weight of what the other had done sink in, Oki would eventually give the other a playful smirk.

“Hehe. Nah. I don’t wanna hear it all,” Oki said as it let go of the foul mood that had gathered around it and instead reminded itself it was safe from that shadow and should be enjoying the festival. Besides, it had a friend with it so why bring down the happiness with the past?

Moving along from the bad memories to the subject of cats, Oki found itself shaking its head lightly at Sharaku with a light smile of apology. It honestly didn’t mean to rattle like that, but it just couldn’t figure a shorter way to explain itself and why bakeneko were the worst things in the world; however, it would appear Sharaku was firm in his belief of the contrary.

As Oki saw the laid-back smile and then heard the words that followed, Oki would tilt its head to the left and then right and then to the left again as it processed what was being said.

“Well….never heard of anyone taking that tactic before. I’ve always heard nothing, but bad things about the cat spirits. Hmm…while I am not suggesting you invite a bakeneko over, if you do happen to get one, I’d…I’d actually like to see how that would turn out despite my dislike for cats. You may be right or you may be wrong. Wouldn’t know without proof,” Oki said as it folded its arms and bowed its head in thought for a moment. That was a perspective it hadn’t expected. Hmm, guess it paid to talk to people of all walks of life to get true result on something.

Oki was drawn out of its thoughts on that experiment when the other snorted lightly and then made the comment of handling whatever came his way. To this, Oki raised its eyebrows at the other.

‘You seem pretty confident in this,” Oki said to the other and then closing its eyes it would nod lightly before looking back at its golden eyed companion.

“Alright then. I’ll leave you to helping me with this issue of cats, but don’t say I didn’t warn you if the area this training takes place gets a bit beat up in the process,” Oki said not sure exactly what it would do if it was trapped in a space with a cat. After all…if pushed came to shove it had no issue throwing things to scare the creature away….Yeah…that was going to be an interesting event if that ever came to pass.

Oki would remain thinking about that until Shaku’s voice interrupted the thoughts as he responded to the comment about being out rather than caged up. When he posed the question, Oki pondered it a bit as it brows furrowed and a light "hmm" escaped it.

“I suppose that depends on preferences. On one hand, neither is good and on the other, both are perfect. Personally, I rather be out with no in rather than in with no out. Being in too long is not good for what’s left upstairs," Oki said tapping the side of its head lightly with a gloved hand. "At least being out, I have a choice where I go…even if I can’t find an end to the wandering,” Oki would say to the other with a nod. Yes, being out was much, much better than being in. The old being wondered perhaps it was the opposite for Sharaku due to him being a wanderer for so long. Maybe he was searching for a place to rest and call his own?

"And you? What do you think on the matter?" it would ask the other after a moment before falling silent to see if he would answer.

When conversation instead turned elsewhere and Sharaku gave the number of years it had been since he was a caged bird himself, the number caused the being to smile faintly.

“So young…” Oki would say lightly and then shaking its head lightly it would look up at the other.

“Sorry. Didn’t mean to pry with that one,” Oki apologize to the other before it went back to the water it had and drank some more. It left the atmosphere open to whatever was to occur next.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 09, 2015 6:56 pm

...Food? That would be a strange choice to start with. Then again, what was? Guess you needed to eat. Sharaku would not give much of a reaction to that, except for a faint smile. He didn't feel like countering that statement, nor did he think Oki would actually want him to start naming different types of food in Portuguese. As fun as it sounded, he probably wasn't going to wander there unless asked to directly. ''Things tend to sound weird in a foreign language, yes.'', he would state, somewhat amused after Oki was done with the following phrase. English was odd too, in its own way, until you get used to it. God knows he had found it strange back when he first started learning. It wasn't that much similar to Portuguese, and rather far from Japansese...which did not help a lot.

''We can agree on that then.''
He hadn't meaned the telling seriously so the fact that Oki did not want to hear suited him quite well. No idea what would he even say had the other actually prompted him. This wasn't a subject that was easy to talk about, whichever angle was being taken into consideration. Better to let it rest as it was. He would shrug faintly at Oki's funny response to his statement about cat spirits. ''Well, real cats aren't all bad. Why would these ones have to be? Hearing about something is one thing, but ultimately I prefer to see for my self, unless there's a reason for me to believe straight away.'' People could lie for many reasons, even out of baseless fear. He was no expert in this, but whichever way it was, he didn't think a spirit would get him killed.

''Do I have a reason not to be..?''
Confidence was supposed to be good. Of course, even he had things he would rather not pursue, but this was not one of them. He wasn't afraid of a little scruffe like this one, in case it would actually occur. It didn't even have to in the end. ''Perfectly fine. Maybe one day in case I do not forget.'' He did have a lot on his mind at times, so it was sort of possible he would not think of it for a good while unless reminded in some manner. At the answer to his question, he would look at Oki thoughfully for a while. He wouldn't speak up until the other turned the question back at him. ''I find both unsettling. A lot of inside just gets me restless...but what can you do outside all the time? Besides, who would want to do things like sleeping on the streets and such? I think I don't like either in a pure form.'' After all, he had seen something from both sides, and he wouldn't say he found either enjoyable enough to pick singlehandedly.

Moving on, he would frown a little at the comment. ''...Hm? Do you even know how old I am?'' At least, he assumed Oki was speaking in regards to him..even though he wasn't sure what was it for. And he had plenty people misjudge his age before. Some thought him older, because he was rather tall, and didn't really appear boyish as he was normally. On the other hand, he had gotten the opposite once...for some unknown reason..perhaps because he did not have facial hair? Eh. ''I don't really mind..'', he would shrug indifferently when Oki went to apologize. As long as it didn't get farther than he was comfortable with, he was fine.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyThu Mar 12, 2015 2:38 pm

At the mention of food for something more practical to say, Sharaku gave Oki a light smile. It seemed the other understood without many words that Oki was just throwing an example out rather than actually asking him to start naming different foods. Oki knew the subject was strange, but thankfully Sharaku simply accepted things the way they were and did not pry too much into what Oki truly meant or why food was considered practical in its book. The move was much appreciated by the old being who perferred when it was not questioned for its strange sayings or actions.

When it came to the “I love you” phrase, Oki nodded lightly at the other.

“Mmm. We will agree the sound takes a bit of getting used to. At least it is much more pretty sounding in other languages rather than English. I like the art flare given to it,” Oki said with a smile. It was amused in its own way with the situation of languages and it always enjoyed learning to say old things in new fashions. While some languages sound harsher than others, at least this one that Sharaku spoke flowed off the tongue easily enough once the strange sounds were understood by the brain. Besides, the change up in languages was nice every once and a while.

In any case, Oki nodded to Sharaku when he respond back to its short comment regarding the issue of choice vs. theory.

“Easily enough,” the old being said in calm tones, quite glad to put the subject behind them. Who knew where that conversation may have lead if further prodding had been performed? …Oki didn’t even want to think about it.

Becoming distracted by the faint shrug from Sharaku when it came to cat spirits, Oki glanced up at the other as he spoke.

“Heh. I suppose that is one way to go about it. I personally wouldn’t be able to handle that without knowing I had back up should things go wrong for inviting the thing in. Still, the results of your angle on this would be fascinating,” Oki said with an amused smirk as it observed the man before it. He was very different from itself on the spirit side. While Oki had the tendency to not mess with the aggressive ones on fear of not being able to get them to leave, Sharaku did not seem to have this hang up. Perhaps it was because he did not believe in them that this occurred or maybe Sharaku was simply a skeptic until proven wrong. Whatever the case was, Oki would shrug lightly at his question.

“I won’t say that confidence is a bad or anything like that, but don’t think this will be a cake walk. The possibility of injuries is high and I am not exactly in my right state of mind when around cats, but like I said before. If you really think you have this cure for my fear under control, I can give you a chance,” Oki said as it watched the other with a sheepish look. It supposed if Sharaku prepared himself and the training ground for Oki, then things would be okay. It was one cat…so it shouldn’t be that bad….right? Hrmmm…..

The slightly serious expression on Oki’s face turned into an appreciative smile as Oki chuckled lightly at the other.

“Then it is agreed. I’ll be sure to bug you in time for the lesson, so you don’t have to worry about forgetting,” Oki told the other in slightly playful tones. It really did appreciate the other reaching out to it like this and actually being serious about helping it, even if the suggestion at first was just a partial play. It probably needed this to finally settle the score that had backed it into many corners for years now. Would it be cured completely? Probably not, but maybe the encounter with the cat would in turn give the being a new respect for the thing it feared so much.

As the subject of cats and training passed and was replaced by the preference of being inside or outside, Oki gave its side of the story before falling silent to listen to Sharaku’s response to the question when it was turned to him.

“Unsettling, huh?” Oki repeated as it pondered what was being said. He could see a valid point in his arugement, but then again depending on who you were sometimes one or the other was bad. The being assumed that perhaps this one had an encounter with both in some unfortunate situation to make such a statement. After a bit more pondering, the being would blink as it tilted its head curiously at the other.

“Then you are not pleased in or out?” it asked the other as it watched him with a quizzical expression for a moment before considering the man’s question regarding age.

“No. I can only give an estimate guest. I’d say you’re 23ish in age give or take some time. We are a lot more deciving than we appear; however, I did not mean to spark age talk with the comment. It was just a rambling from an old soul with one too many skeletons still hard to hide,” Oki said with a light smile that hide much of what it felt. In any case, after a few moments, the being felt an apology was in order for what it had started, but surprisingly Sharaku didn’t seem to mind the light poking here and there. Well that was a good thing…right?

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyFri Mar 13, 2015 8:45 pm

Was it? Sharaku didn't find the sound of the words bad in English. Different languages, and while a little odd, it was because it was not the one you grew up with. Then again, the concept of prettiness is subjective in the first place. Someone would say that English sounds the best, someone would argue that it's horrible. To each their own. ''I think that it's interesting in its own way, no matter which language is used. Then again, I can only speak 3, so maybe there are some that sound very bad or very good.'' What did he know? 3 may be more than a good deal of people, but in general, it wasn't enough to have an extremely broad understanding.

''If anything, I'm more wary around people. I think I'd rather deal with an animal or spirit than a revenge bent person or any of the like. My sanity would handle the former much better.''
It was a simple fact. In general he was more comfortable dealing with animal related situations, since humans were even more unpredictable in his opinion. He would shrug when Oki spoke about hurting someone. ''If you happen to attempt harming someone during that, I can defend. I'm not a master, but I can fight decently. As long as you don't bring an actual weapon to use, I'll handle.'' Besides, he wasn't planning on letting that happen either way. If someone attacked him for whatever reason, he would have no qualms knocking them back. He did not like being assaulted. While he did not normally initiate physical harm, he would not run from it. Maybe just holding the other down would be enough, though he still wasn't sure why would a cat make someone go and try to cause an armaggeddon. ''Very well then.'' Unless Oki forgot as well.

He would shake his head in slight bemusement. ''Not necessarily. I do not like either when it's meant in an extreme. As long as it is at least a bit of a combination, I can accomodate. Though, I'd say I do prefer out a little more.'' Extremes were just no good in his mind...nor did he enjoy them in practice. ''Hm. Close enough. I am 22. Still, you did say that in response to me mentioning the time period. I figured it was related in some way.'' Technically said, he was kind of young 9 years ago, and he was not really buying it was just a rambling. Seeing as it was related, Oki must have meant something by it.

Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 EmptyMon Mar 16, 2015 4:43 pm

“Interesting, hmmm…I suppose so. Either that or my sense of sound is messed up. I like things when they sound like song. Sound strange?” Oki would say as it pondered the way Sharaku described the sounds of words. Perhaps he saw words differently than Oki, but the old being always looked for a song like quality to determine if something was beautiful or not. It wasn’t sure if it was because the languages weren’t native to it that this occurred or if there was something else in its broken little mind that caused it. Whatever the case was, Oki would grin at Sharaku at the mention of the 3 languages.

“Oho. I be jealous. I only speak 2 and half,” Oki said. “Mine be English, Japanese, and some Chinese. Yours be?" Oki would fall silent as it looked over at Sharaku wondering if he would tell it such information or not. It would be interesting to see what other languages he knew besides the English and the other odd language he had been speaking in earlier. However, whether or not the curiosity was fulfilled or not was left in the air for the moment.

“Hmmm…people are more terrifying than beast or spirit. We will give the living that, but I must say a spirit is not exactly on my list of good company either if it is one that is malice. The nice ones are fine, but we don’t think our mind can begin to comprehend such disturbances,” Oki said as it closed its eyes with a light sigh.

“I honestly need to keep the last screw upstairs,” it muttered lightly with a shake of its head and a smile. Yeah Ok being completely insane would be bad news for everyone, so it was best to keep what sliver of sanity the being had open in a live. Spirits was a sure fire way for the being to snap. The thought was chilling.

Shaking its head to clear those thoughts away, Oki caught the shrug that Sharaku had given in regards to its reaction to the cat. To the other’s words, Oki chuckled lightly.

“Let’s hope I won’t do anything that extreme then, I would hate test your skills out,” the being as it lightly stuck its tongue out at the other for a brief second before nodding at the other with an appreciative smile when Sharaku agreed on a future meeting to settle the score between Oki and cats once and for all.

In any case, after the cat thing was settled more or less, Oki found itself tilting its head to the right and nodding as Sharaku explained his preference for inside or out a bit better. With this new explanation there, Oki gave a light “Ahhh” as undershooting sunk in.

“You like outside better too huh. Interesting common ground,”
Oki said to Sharaku before becoming quiet as the other corrected it about his age.

“In a way, the age thing is and is not related. While age is just a number, when I compare it to myself to others, I always find myself saying things like that,” Oki said and then narrowing its eyes with a grin it coninued. “Despite my looks I am working towards a over 100 as we speak, I served my time many years ago,” Oki told Sharaku with a light chuckle as it shifted in its seat and moved the fish and water before patting the seat next to it to see if Sharaku wanted to sit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Silent Mountain Festival   The Silent Mountain Festival - Page 4 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Silent Mountain Festival
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next