Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 6:40 pm

Was that worth it, however? Spending your life trying to make things better was tiring. What would be enjoyable about that? ''Perhaps for you it works. I couldn't live that way for very long. I'd go insane before finding a way to make it work.'' Sure, Sharaku wasn't really fond of dying, no, but there are times when it probably is a better option. Everyone has something they can't take no matter what. What's the point when living feels like being dead in the first place? What is acceptable enough varies with the person, after all. If Akumu could live with that well enough, then be it. Still, he couldn't see himself doing so.

The mood was getting annoying, however. He did not want to start an argument, but still, what did the man expect of him? To spill everything he knew to someone that claimed to want to help the cause before he even knew them on some level? Making the playing field a mess was not always the positive path. Too many people doing things at once could be hindering if everyone did it their own way. ''Learn to move as what you are? I suppose I am in no position to argue with that one. That is not my point, however. Messing with the playing field is a dangerous action, I'd say. Honestly, it's already a good mess nowadays. Adding to it may not be the best outcome, unless you know the situation on hand well. That said, telling you everything would take too long. As well as the fact that second hand information is not on the same level as seeing it with your own eyes. I simply think it may be a bit troubling for you. It's complicated already.'', he would say calmly, trying to elaborate. He really wasn't in a mood for a verbal fight. Still, it was pretty much fifty fifty in terms of luck, if you wanted to get involved in a way the man did.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 10:48 pm

Humans….could be quite trying at times, especially when they were as stubborn as this one; however, as annoying as it was to not really get the information he was seeking Akumu did understand where the other was coming from. They were not allies and quite frankly if the information was sensitive or not worth the risk of taking the chance of parting with it, then the man was behaving perfectly normal in this situation. On the other hand, if the information was trivial and this one was simply pulling chains due to his more restrictive position, Akumu would show he was no pushover in the matter. If he was desperate enough, he had ways of getting what he wanted. Luckily for this man, Akumu had much patience to spare and the sanity to remain civil despite being displeased with how things were turning.

Akumu’s face would remain neutral as he quietly smoked the pipe, letting the smoke in the room mingle and sway as he watched the other cool. When the other spoke on the situation of being restrictive, Akumu's eyebrow would raise slightly.

“Perhaps I am more conditioned to my position than others. Maybe if I was as free as you, I could relate a bit better,” Akumu would say in calm tones before he was quiet once more as he watched his odd guest. When the subject came back to the information, Akumu was not sure what to expect exactly, but the sound answer he received was not on the list.

As he heard the words, the old attendant would remain silent for a while as he studied the other with an expressionless face. Then blinking, the attendant would look away as he tapped the remains of the burnt plant in his pipe into a small jar designed for such a thing that had appeared on the table. As he cleaned out the pipe, he would eventually hide it away in his sleeve again as he spoke.

“Well now. You certainly don’t make room for counter arguments now do you?” Akumu said as he looked over at the other with a light smile, the earlier annoyance and displeasure disappearing as he watched the other.

“The board is indeed a mess. If it was not, I would not be so concerned about it,” Akumu said as he leaned forward slightly and rest his elbows on the table. He would clasp his hands before resting his head upon them as he studied his guest.

“I would still like to know what is going on the human side, but I have a feeling you won’t let go of that information so easily, so I’ll leave it be. So tell, Sharaku, is that bird trick and curiosity really the only reason you came here? Or was there something else I can assist you with? I understand we are strangers, but come now….why waste time over a small bird trick and an impulse?”

Note: The Hierophant Card has returned back to the neutral position; however, Akumu is not quite buying Sharaku’s story as to why he entered the rift.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 5:34 pm

Sharaku would give the other man a wry look. He was somewhat skeptical about that statement. Experiencing something did not always mean a better ability to relate. He had failed to in the past after all. ''Who knows. I think it depends on the individual in the end.'', he would state, shrugging lightly. He probably wasn't on the same level as most people on this, so he doubted it would be easy for someone to understand. Either way, that kind of living was not for him. And on second thought, no one is truly free. There is always some sort of wall a person will smack into, sooner or later. It usually wasn't possible to live entirely the way you wanted.

Some uninteresting actions later, they came back to the main discussion on hand, and he would give Akumu a quizzical look. It wasn't as if he was trying to give no room for countering. A smart person usually found a way no matter what, so he didn't even bother unless it was a course of action he needed to take. He had just said what he thought, that was all. ''I wasn't aiming for that. Feel free to counter if you wish. I have no objections.'', he'd throw back in a casual tone. While he wasn't trying to raise an argument, if the man had things to say, then be it. Better to hear, than to assume and be wrong.

At the next set of words, he would close his eyes, tapping his fingers against the table in thought. What was the deal here? Come on, what's wrong with just walking somewhere without a damn reason? He had not come here to see the man, and just because he stayed did not mean anything of the kind. He just wasn't rude enough to refuse an offer to hang around when he had no reason to be spiteful against the person offering. That, and he had nothing better to do in the first place. Why did the man think he wanted something from this? He was pretty much just killing time.

''...that's like asking why waste time living.'', he'd speak up eventually after several moments of silence, opening his eyes, slightly narrowed golden watching the other man. ''I don't think I am following your sentiment. It isn't as if I knew you were here in the first place, so I definitely did not come around with the intention to ask you questions. That, and what's wrong with looking into something that appears unusual? Would I have been better off wasting time walking around the island?'', he'd keep a calm and even tone, though, this issue was starting to get to him. Even enough that he had passed over the first part where the man stated he was still interested. What was it with people trying to assign some reason to his actions? He could try to fly to the moon if he felt like it, and not have any specific agenda behind doing so. ''Actually, what is considered as 'not' wasting time then?'', he'd ask, doing his best to resist the urge to say something along the lines of 'Well, telling you info could be a waste of time too, so might as well not.'
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 7:32 pm

“Perhaps so,” Akumu responded back to the other’s statement when it came to the way one was conditioned. The attendant didn’t have anything to shoot back at that one. It was just a simple truth of the world no matter which way one truly looked at it. Still, agreeing or not agreeing the old attendant would keep a cool eye on the other before him. On one hand the man infuriated the attendant and on the other, he was fascinating. How could one being be such a contradicting matter and exist was beyond Akumu. Yet this one was before him. An unreadable and frustrating puzzle…no wall, that would not break no matter which way you knocked thing.

Trying to apply logic or sympathy to the situation only seemed to dig deeper holes that made the other that much more trying to deal with. For example, when Akumu had tried to calmly agree with what the other had been saying, the other seemed to latch onto the counter-argument part instead. When the other spoke, Akumu closed his eyes and shook his head.

“Honestly, Mr. Sharku I was not looking to formulate a counter-argument with that statement," the old attendant said as he frowned lightly at the other. Akumu was by no means unintelligent, but it would appear that this one’s understanding of certain words and his own understanding of words were just as different as their personalities and positions in life were. Honestly, how was one to see eye-to-eye if there was no common ground between the two parties?

In any case, when the subject came back around to the reason the man had come to Akumu in the first place, the attendant found himself slowly falling out of character as his patience dried up as he listened to the other speak after a long moment of silence broken only by the man’s drumming of his fingers against the wooden table.

To his words, Akumu would give him an unreadable stare before he was closing his eyes with the lightest of sighs. That was it. He simply could not keep up being calm when he had something so complicated before him. Breaking his usual formalities, the attendant became straightforward and honest with the other.

“No one ever knows what is on the other side of the rifts until they curiously poke their heads in to peek. I can understand curiosity easily enough and understand investigating the unusual; however, I am typically not brought your everyday wanderer. Those that manage to find me want something. Always. That is just the nature of the job and position I am in. I serve and I guide. Naturally, I seek reason when presented with something or someone,” Akumu said quietly before blue eyes were looking up at the narrowed golden ones.

“However, you are quite the opposite of me and the first in this line of business to ever simply come just because. That is quite baffling to be honest,”Akumu said calmly, tossing aside the information that dealt with the messy board on the gods’ side for the moment. Right now he was focused on this polar opposite of himself and the world. He sought understanding of some sort, but wondered if he would get that or if the other would run his kindness out of the door instead. Only Fate would tell. When the other asked about wasting time, Akumu would lean his head on one hand as the other moved to the table and drummed it lightly.

“Everything is a waste of time and yet nothing is a waste of time. Much like conditioning it depends on the individual viewing the subject. I see time as valuable and always with reason and you see it as what? Just something that passes just because?” Akumu asked curious despite the cool tones he was using in response to the other’s own mood towards himself.
________________________________________________________________________________
Note: The Hierophant is still neutral towards you. Akumu is not hostile just perplexed and and peeved by the unknown Sharaku has created….

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 12, 2015 8:15 pm

...No arguments then? Well, that suited Sharaku just fine. Afterall, he had not been seeking them in the first place, just offering the possibility. ''I never said you were supposed to. Just stating that you could if you so chose.'', he'd clarify calmly, not really unnerved by this side of the conversation. Everyone takes what is said in their own way, that was a fact. You just have to learn to deal with it. While it may be frustrating at times, it's best to filter, or just explain what you meant...sometimes even twice or thrice. He knew his words could be confusing for some, and he usually took that in stride. His patience was good enough to keep him calm unless someone rubbed him the wrong way in an extreme manner. There were some things that were simply bound to set him off, and he could do nothing about those. Thankfully, they were far and in bewteen, and he did not face it very often.

When hearing the answer to his counter about reasoning, he would stop tapping the table rather quickly, tilting his head slightly, in obvious amusement. Surprising as it was, unlike the other, who seemed to be getting more and more frustrated by this talk...he was actually starting to find it entertaining by that point. Ah, the insistence of a definite reason did still nag him a bit, but it was no longer enough to spite him. ''Always expect the unexpected.'', he'd say rather simply. He was obviously not taking this matter too seriously...or at the very least, he was not as intent on figuring the puzzle out as Akumu was. He was just playing the game by this point. ''If my memories are not failing me, you are supposed to serve a certain type of people, no? At least, if my guess is right, and you are what I think you are. I think, it'd be fair not to expect others to seek the same. People vary. I can't say how much use you could be to be as a guide. That said, I don't really believe in 'always'. Nothing is guaranteed to be in life.'', he'd throw his two cents in, leaning his chin against one hand, keeping a faintly amused smile. On that note, he did think he knew what this was about. From what the man had told him, he could guess. Besides, Hyde had sprouted enough about attendants for him to catch on, even if he had not met one himself before this. And, as a matter of fact, attendants were supposed to guide those with a Persona, as far as he knew. He did not belong in that category, therefore what was in it for him? He had no actual need to seek help from one of these guys. It was probably a moot point.

''Hm. No, that's not it. I am aware that time has value, but I think I wouldn't want to plan out every second of my life just to keep myself from wasting any. Not everything can be controlled. Time will pass no matter what. At times, it's easier to just go along with the flow. You never know what happens. It costs energy to always seek reason for every little action. I see no point in needing it in all circumistances. I definitely wouldn't be debating as to why and what for, when I am to walk through a door. The notion is ridiculous. Perhaps a complex action is better with a reason, but that's that.'' In fact, thinking too much was a pain at times as well. On the other hand, it was somewhat fun to lead the other in circles. It was obvious they did not understand each other well, but he was past the point of caring. Unless Akumu decided to be hostile, he was fine with simply amusing himself with this. Because, as he just said, who cares about the reason. He'd 'troll' the other just because, and if the man had a problem with it, then too bad. ~
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 5:35 pm

(Ugh! Ugly post is ugly post.)

“Hmph…” was the light sound that Akumu released as he listened to the other clarify his earlier statement regarding counter-arguments. There was nothing else to say to this matter. After all, both parties seemed to have clarified what they meant, so why bother digging further into this matter that only would, ironically enough, start an argument if continued?

In any case, when the subject came back to reasoning once more, Akumu would take notice of the other’s reaction to his words. As the man stopped tapping the table and tilted his head in the attendant’s direction, Akumu noted the amusement in his eyes and when he heard the response the other had for him, the old attendant would watch the other with a neutral expression. Was this one actually getting a kick out of being so difficult? Was Akumu’s position in the world and plight silly and dismissive to this one?

If any of this was true, then the small doll from earlier was more than just a random choice of form. That creature was reflecting what was right in front of the attendant. The Jester Arcana....

As this realization came to the old attendant, the way this one was behaving was making much more sense and in turn made the attendant a bit more tolerant of the behavior. While the arcana could do nothing to tell him about a person’s behavior the underlying meaning behind the reflected arcana helped Akumu look at the situation from a different angle. Regardless of this, Akumu’s attitude would not change much as the clicking of his nails on the table slowed slightly. He still did not appreciate someone not taking what he said seriously. He wasn’t playing a game here. He honestly wanted whatever was happening to stop before more corpses than one could count would appear or even worse a world changing event occurred…

Displeasure aside, Akumu would tilt his head at the other as he spoke his next words. To the other’s analysis, Sharaku would win the first truly amused smile of the conversation from the attendant as his eyes narrowed.

“Cheeky little brat aren’t you?” Akumu said with a light snort before continuing as he allowed his head to relax in his hand as the other continued to click the table lightly. “You seem to know much on this matter, so I will not deny I am what you think I am. And it is perhaps because you are not my typical visitor that the playing field has become very much an unpredictable mine field,” Akumu said as the tapping hand swiped the table revealing a pure black card that slowly began to be painted with white. The Hanged Man would be revealed. Next to it another blank card would be revealed.

“But as you say. Nothing is guaranteed in life…except change and death…unless of course you don’t believe in 'always" because you believe yourself immune to it or immortal,” Akumu would respond back as the blank card became a white skull. Ignoring the cards for now, the old attendant would eventually give the other his attention as the man began to speak on time and planning.

“And yet planning gives one something to aim for even if its just a lose skeleton, so to speak. Wandering around aimlessly suggests you have no purpose…and if you have no purpose, then why do you exist at all? You say go with the flow? That it makes life easier at times? I do not understand that sort of life style. Structure makes much more sense in the long run,” Akumu said evenly as he remained on opposites ends with his very odd guest, hardly giving into whatever amusement the other was getting out of this.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 13, 2015 7:02 pm

Ah, that was it, then. Perhaps the two of them did at least agree on the fact that continuing a discussion on arguments would not be the most pleasant route to follow. Or so Sharaku assumed after getting only a sound as a response to his statement. That was favorable enough in his mind. After all, less thinking needed. Making counter-arguments to an issue required a lot of mental focus. He could do without so for a while.

For now, he was content just saying what came with the matter on hand. He honestly wasn't even sure why were they discussing all this, but be it. While he was not a talker too much, poking around could be entertaining. In actuality, there was one thing he was starting to wonder about. However, seeing as it was not something he felt like asking directly, he would leave it be for now. Maybe he'd find out as this went on. When Akumu went and called him cheeky, his expression would momentarily turn into a light sneer. That was actually unexpected. This was a first. Yet, he wouldn't say he was offended or any of the like. That was actually interesting. Being called a brat was a bit less pleasing, but he wasn't about to let his mood get sour now. ''Am I? Though, I am not sure whether I'm young enough to qualify as a brat.'', he'd quip with a faintly amused eye roll. He wasn't really a kid anymore. Then again, what was better, a kid, or an old man? He still wasn't decided on that.

Though, he would click his tongue at the following words. That didn't really say much. He had not said what he tought, had he? How did the man know what had he meant when he stated he thought he knew what Akumu was? That, like, did not answer anything. Ah, well, no matter. The more important matter was the second part. At least for him. That one actually suited his earlier contemplating. ''Unpredictable, perhaps. Mine field? Mind clarifying? I am not seeing anything that could possibly explode here. Unless you mean yourself.'', he would retort, this time, appearing fairly neutral on the matter. It did seem that by this point, the other man was the only person here actually being vexed about this in some way or form. So, they sort of kept disagreeing on most subjects. It did of course depend on the occassion, and who and what was involved, but in base terms, Sharaku wouldn't consider himself the type to try and please someone when it was obviously a waste of breath. He'd rather pretend to not get the point, than try to kiss butt. It was more amusing that way, for sure.

He would give a short glance at the newfound cards, but seeing as he did not really understand their meaning, they wouldn't hold his attention for long. Whatever they meant, it was up to the man to explain if he so chose, but he wasn't interested enough to seek an answer actively. Objects made from thin air were usually strange in the first place. ''Hm, I can wish. I may not be normal, but I am still pretty much a human. Immortality is out of question. Eternal life would be more pain than worth anyway.'', he would shrug nonchalantly. He wouldn't probably have wanted it, even if he could. He wasn't even old yet, and he had had enough of life at times. God forbid if he were to be immune to everything or such. Unless living suddenly made a turn around, and was constantly awesome.

''Ah. Then I wonder why do humans even exist at all? Often, it seems that people have no purpose in what they do. Yet, it appears that humanity takes over everything, whether they plan, or not. Having one might be beneficial, yes, but if it fails, then you're left with choices on the spot anyway. And honestly, when dealing with something as unpredictable as this situation, it's not so rare. And it isn't like I can't choose to aim for something...yet, there are times when just that feels like a bother.''
He had to resist scoffing at this. They were obviously not going to agree on this one, if it kept going in this direction. Still, he didn't find planning that wonderful. People weren't able to predict the future, therefore a plan was never foolproof. It's just a dissapointment when you spend a lot of time making one, and then it crumbles on the spot once you start taking action. It can be helpful, yes, but it was not something he would ultimately rely on.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 7:38 pm

It appeared that the light sound made was the appropriate course of action in regards to the man before him. Without any other words being spoken, the pair had agreed to let arguing about arguing go. After all that was a foolish pass time that would only add unnecessary tension to the already unpredictable air in the room.

Attendant and stranger remained sitting across from each other, the stranger amused and the attendant perplexed by the being that was brought before him. This man was not an information trader or one seeking guidance or even a user of the persona….yet his aura was unnatural like a shadows, but not as bitter. It was hard to say what exactly fate had in store for the pair, but despite being annoyed here and there by the man’s actions, the attendant had to admit he was beginning to enjoy the odd company. Maybe it was this slight change that caused the older of the pair to make the comment about the other being cheeky. The other had sneered at this, but remained in his amused mood and kept his sharp tongue.

When the other spoke, Akumu chuckled softly now amused himself as he looked over at the other with a light smirk.

“Yes you are, but I suppose it would be boring if you weren’t. Annoying as it is, your attitude is actually quite refreshing to contend with,”
the attendant stated openly not sugar coating or trying to hide what he was feeling at the moment. As to the second part of the question, the other would receive a light shrug.

“Oh, you qualify as a brat quite well. Still young and wet behind the ears by my standards,” the attendant said casually as he eyed the other with a small smile upon his lips as the air seemed to relax even more as the attendant began to adjust to the strange turn of events here.

A few moments later when he got a clicking of the tongue from the other due to words he had spoken, Akumu would hardly move as he watched the other. He had no doubt that the other didn’t like the answer he gave. What the way it confirmed, but did not confirm the man’s earlier statement? Akumu couldn’t say exactly what the other thought he was, but at the same time, he didn’t have to deny that he wasn’t whatever the man thought he was. Thus the strange answer. When the subject came to unpredictable nature and mine fields, the old attendant would simply close his eyes with a light smile as he shook his head lightly.

“A mine field is a place where if you don’t watch where you step you’ll die. This situation is similar, except instead of death, the unexpected is what you get,” the attendant said as he opened his eyes and gazed back the other. “You don’t have to worry about me exploding any time soon. I am not going to throw a tantrum or scold you for not giving me what I want,” the attendant waved his hand dismissively. “Disappointment and unfairness are just a part of life, so I can deal with that. Unless of course, you doing all this simply to see if I will indeed explode for your own amusement.”

The words remained calm the early coldness melting away even if a light bite remained. The attendant was remaining non-hostile. He wasn’t here to start fights after all. He only sought understanding. Speaking of such a matter, the man had given the cards a glance, but did not seek their meaning and since he did not seek answers, Akumu did not provide any. The cards were merely an illustration of what he was saying so the other could translate them as he wanted.

When the matter came to being immune to things in the world and immortality, the attendant heard the other out before nodding lightly.

“Mmm. To exist forever is quite the burden, I will give you that,” the old attendant would say simply finally verbally agreeing as more of the tension from earlier dispersed in the room. As the smallest of agreements had been made, the air would be tranquil for a few minutes until the stillness was broken by the other speaking.

“I do not have a straight forward answer for that, but even if not by their own hands is not someone else keeping a plan for them? Guiding their steps to doom or success? I can’t imagine humans simply running to their own beat, even if they have the will to veer off to this or that path along the way. There must be a master planner that keeps track of it all, so when people become like you and see planning as a bother, there is some solid path to walk on still. If this is not the case, then I do not believe humans could do all that they do, even if the actions at times seem without direction.”

The attendant finished giving the lightest of shrugs showing that the concept stated was an idea of his. No one had to agree with it, but it was quite true that Akumu believed in pre-planned things and when things went wrong and one had to act on the spot, those actions too were planned by a higher being.

Even so…Akumu highly doubted his guest would accept this, so the old attendant left the subject where it was leaving it for the man to decide if he wished to continue talking on the subject or move this odd conversation elsewhere.

Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 14, 2015 10:10 pm

...Annoying, was it? Well, figures. Sharaku could see that the man had a harder time dealing with this than he himself. ''I'll take that as a compliment then.'' Seeing as Akumu concluded that annoying was as far as it went, he had no reason to change ways right there and then. God knows how many times people annoyed him anyway. You can't always choose the company you'd like. The man was quite the smart ass, however, calling him out on being still young and all that. Then again, it probably was fair from the other's standpoint. Who knew how old the man actually was. He couldn't tell with people like attendants and such. ''Hm? So you can guess how old I am? Then again, it's up to perspective either way.'' It's not like he was mad about the statement. It wasn't often that he got called that, and he found in an entertaining concept while it lasted. It didn't strike him to be meant in a very negative way in the first place.

''I suppose I consider getting the unexpected a normal occurence by now. I am not really worried either.'' In the light of this, wasn't everything a mine field? Each action demanded a reaction after all, no matter what situation, even if seemingly positive. You could never predict completely. ''And no, not really. I do value my amusement, yes, but I'm not doing it completely on purpose. Perhaps, that's just the way I am.'', he would shrug casually. Honestly, it was a thing. A habit perhaps. That he did not know. But he acted like that a lot, and he did not really question himself, unless he had to. Less possibility to get upset over it.

He would simply nod when the man agreed on the subject of immortality, not having anything important to add to it. He would, however furrow his brows at the following speech. ''Would that mean we are pretty much just puppets being controlled from behind the scenes? I'd like to think independence is a thing. Then again, to each their own. Perhaps not planning may make it harder, but it doesn't neccesarily mean it makes it impossible to push through. Humans seem to have a knack for surviving even when it appears that there's no way.'', he'd say with a faint chuckle under his breath. The man had a sound idea, but he did not like to think in such terms. Who said you had to follow fate, or whatever was it called? He'd most likely be dead by now, if he had.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 12:39 pm

Staying neutral and more to his natural roots than his professional ones since this man before him was indeed not a guest in the fashion Persona Users or customers were, Akumu would smirk lightly at the man’s words. What a brat indeed. Still, a brat was more entraining than the normal and dry. Akumu suppose he could appreciate that about him, besides it wasn’t like he was going to hide this fact from the other. No. He’d be quite honest and straightforward from this point on out. If anything had come out of this rather rocky start, Akumu had found rather quickly that direct was the best way to approach this man. A bit different from the usual, but Akumu could slowly adapt to this change. Besides it had given him the challenge of dusting off the skills he use to use when dealing with the more rougher customers many ages ago.

Would this mean he would be rude? No. Manners were manners no matter the situation. This simple meant the old attendant was slowly letting go of being uptight as he instead did his best to find level ground with this one. In any case, when the old attendant told the other he fit the bill of being a brat, he watched the other carefully for negative reactions. Being blunt could offend, even when the words themselves were simply the truth; however it seemed as if this one was took the words easily enough.

As Sharaku opened his mouth and spoke his words, Akumu eyes narrowed with the smile he gave the other as he moved his free hand to the cards on the table that quickly moved together to become one. This one card he would move before himself with one finger before slowly beginning to twirl the card gently; however, his eyes remained on the man.

“I could find it if I truly wanted numbers; however, why do that when my natural senses already tells me we are quite far apart on the age totem?” the attendant said calmly as it watched the other. It was true. The cards could get him close to a number for the man’s age, but in actuality it was not needed. Akumu was ancient by human standards despite appearing to be only 25. No matter who came before him, they would always be the younger of the pair provided they were human and not something more. This man before him was no different. Still, unless the other truly wanted to play that game, Akumu would make no attempt to guess the age as he left the words as they were for the time being.

When the subject came to mind fields, the old attendant would listen before nodding lightly at what he heard as a light smile remained on his lips.

“Mmm. That is good to know,” the other said simply as he relaxed a bit more. The unexpected was common to the man before him while the predictable was common to Akumu. This one simply was the way he was, while Akumu mostly hide his true self until rare occasions like this came up. The contradiction that they were towards one another… It made sense now why they butted heads. It wasn’t an intentional thing, but more of a natural one due to their opposite natures. It made sense and that simple understanding made it that much easier for Akumu to relax further and tolerate the strange man even more.

As the tension of the air began to vanish completely, Akumu would watch as the agreement on immortality was made, a simple nod from the other confirming this; however, when the subject came to planning once more the attendant found himself highly amused at the reaction this one showed towards his words. Oho? What was this? Interest perhaps? It would seem that way from the words the old attendant heard and since interest had been shown, the attendant had no problem continuing the topic.

“Puppets? Hmmm…it would seem like that on the surface, but to say that would mean that everyone was hollow within and made out of some ordinary material such as wood, metal, or paint. Living creatures are not this way and so “puppet” is not exactly the right word. We are children that are guided by the upper being. The upper being sees all, knows all, but still draws out various paths for us to take. There is only one correct path, but so many ways to find it. The upper being gives all living creature free will. It allows all to choose and make mistakes in hopes we learn from them and return to the right path. Despite creating all paths and knowing where all will lead, the being does not control us like a puppet master forcing us down this road or that. It simply observes while Fate and Chance does all the pulling and tugging. So even when it appears we are doing something on our own, we are simply following a pre-made path that has been there for ages. The idea of independence comes from simply not being able to see all the paths like the one above. This blindness helps us become unique as we find our own ways in life,” Akumu said and then closing his eyes nodded at the next set of words.

“Planning doesn’t make life simpler or harder. It simply helps one see the invisible roads a tiny bit clearer, but in the end no one knows where it all goes until they begin to walk down the path. Humans in particular are special in the fact that they are so complex and stubborn. They have the most roads available to them and the higher being is content to watch the cycles of destruction and rebirth continue until it finds no more need to give roads and erases them all bring everyone back to Judgment’s Hall and The World of Peace. Impossibility does not exist. Just simply roads that are tougher than others to travel. The higher being loves humans quite a bit. If not it would not allow so many roads to be available to them. Or make even the seemingly impossible possible for those who struggle to get it. Fate and Chance would not tease and tug, but instead chain all down and indeed make us all puppets to the one true road. Fortunately for most of us, life is not that way,” Akumu said with a light smirk as he stopped spinning the card under his finger and opened his eyes to watch the other calmly.

His concept was his own that he had gained from many years of studying the world. Was it right? Who knew, but at least to Akumu it was a truth; however truth or not, he would not force this idea on anyone. He had simply shared due to being asked a question. The other could do as he like with the words.
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyFri Jan 16, 2015 9:16 pm

Was that it? It wasn't as if Sharaku hadn't been aware if that beforehand. The other man was definitely older, allright, but was the age difference really the best way to judge? He's seen kids that were smarter than those several years older than them, for example. Just because he perhaps acted a bit out of the line, and was by chance younger than the man opposite of him did not have to mean things. He wasn't really offended anyway, but he found the correlation a bit humorous, so to speak. ''I am perfectly aware of that. However, does age really go along with wisdom and such? I'll always be younger than you. Theoretically speaking, that puts me at a disadvantage, if the age difference is considered.'', he'd respond casually, somewhat curious on this one. For now, he would completely disregard the whole card trick thing, seeing as it held no interest to him. Unless they were actually going to play card games or something.

''Perhaps so.'', he'd mutter simply, when the only response he got to his talk about unexpected things did not give him anything to go on with. Honestly, he was just going along with what came. Right now, he did not feel the initiative to come up with a subject from nowhere. He was fairly comfortable with silence as well.

...Come again? That was a bit too much to listen to in one setting. When did this become storytime? He would close his eyes, trying to sort all that out. For some reason, that kind of talk really reminded him of something. But what..? Someone watching, eh..Oh, right. This sort of sounded a lot like...''This kind of reminds me of being in a church. All that talk of God being the one to create humans and guide them. I never really understood where the sentiment came from. Then again, I don't consider myself religious in the first place.'', he would state, as he opened his eyes, glancing at the man with a passive look. His speech was much shorter than the one he had just listened to, but he just didn't feel enthused by this topic. He wouldn't say boring...but...something about it was simply making him zone off. Either that, or he was just tired of discussing matters altogether. Extended debating had never been a strength of his, even less so when it was not a neccesity. Unless it was catching his attention continuously, he found it hard to focus on the matter of hand after a certain limit had passed.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 3:31 pm

Instead of becoming ruffled by the response given back in regards to the whole brat issue, Akumu would smile easily enough quite amused with the man’s words as he closed his eyes and considered the words spoken.

“Ah yes. That is a truth isn’t?” Akumu began and then reopening his eyes he would focus on the other once more. “However, age doesn’t really help much at all in such cases. One can live multiple years never getting any smarter or wiser, while another can live a few short years and be the brightest and wisest of us all. But I don’t think that you are at a disadvantage here, even if it is just theoretical that age plays any part in this. There are many unknowns here that puts us on level ground. Even if I consider you a brat in regard to your manners, we still know nothing beyond what has been shown thus far. So it can be concluded we are neither wiser or smarter despite the passage of time between us,” Akumu said easily enough before he fell quiet once more content simply to spend the card lightly on the table as he watched the other.

The other either found the cards irrelevant to the situation or had grown accustomed to Akumu simply playing with the cards when he had no reason to consult them for information. In any case, the subject of mine fields came to a close as each gave a simple enough response to the words heard before a calm silence draped over them for many minutes. The silence was nice and allowed Akumu to take in the other’s aura and memorize it in case they had to meet again under different circumstances. The other didn’t seem to mind the silence as the room became fully calm as the remains of smoke lingered in the air. The small jester from earlier had returned to the room with a small pot and some flowers. Seeming quite pleased with its find, it sat the small pot next to Sharaku before plopping down on the floor on the other side. The small doll would keep itself busy by looking at things around the room as it remained near the guest.

Akumu would take a small note of this, but otherwise would not point this detail out unless asked about it. Instead, the old attendant focused on the words asked regarding humans being puppets and the ways of Fate, Chance and the Upper Being. The response to the rather long explanation was an interesting one to say the least. The other seemed to be taking a moment to take it all in, so Akumu would say nothing to disturb him. When the other spoke, Akumu tilted his head at the words.

“Church? God? I have heard these words before, but unfortunately have not experienced being around either,” Akumu began before looking up at Sharaku with an amused smile. “I suppose everyone has a different view on how life is run then. You do not believe perhaps because you don’t live next door to spirits like I do. I cannot imagine humans or anything coming from nothing or being left pathless. It seems humans are a bit more complicated in their thoughts if sentiment is what is used to believe such things. As for myself, experience is where my data has come from,” Akumu said with a light nod and then tilting his head at the other he would ask.

“I do not comprehend this word “religious”. What do you mean by that?”

Akumu would ask the question at point blank, taking note that his guest seemed a bit unfocused at the moment. Was it boredom or was the other simply tired? Akumu wasn’t quite sure and at the moment was making no effort to figure it out. He assumed that if the man was truly feeling anything, then said anything would be expressed by actions or words. The man didn’t seem like one to beat around the bush too much when it came to the way he was feeling about something. At least he seemed somewhat honest in that department.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jan 20, 2015 7:27 pm

Such a long explanation. The man really likes giving those, eh? Not that Sharaku truly minded, but it really got boring to keep up after a while. Longwinded talks did nothing to keep him sufficiently entertained, unless he had a keen interest in the subject. ''Ah, I see. So my manners are the problem here? I'll have you know I can be a perfect gentleman, mister. It just gets boring after some time.'', he'd state, keeping a lighthearted tone for now. He could go both extremes, to say the truth. That wasn't really a new thing. However, he had to admit, that being extremely polite all the time did get tiring. He enjoyed it to a certain extent, but depending on the response he got, he usually ended up dropping it.

After that, he was sort of even enjoying the silence that befell them, until the doll from before made a reappearance. He would turn his head to give it a glance, lingering on the flowers for a bit with a quizzical expression. That would only take a few moments, however, and he would soon turn right back to look forward, leaving it be. Some things were beyond understanding. ''You say you can't believe anything coming from nothing. Then, who made the spirits or the upper being you speak of, hm? There has to be a start somewhere. You can't always track back...because then there wouldn't be a beginning. That proves there is a possibility of simply coming to existence, just because. Unless I'm getting this whole process wrong.'', he would counter Akumu's statement, after a short moment of thinking over it. There was a hole in believing that everything had to come from something, and be guided by such. How did the first being in existence...come to existence then? Or the whole universe, for that matter. He just wasn't making a connection there, no matter what.

When the man asked for an explanation, he would tap a finger against his chin in thought. How do you explain that. Well. ''In simple terms, religion refers to believing that there is someone holy that sees all, and praying towards that 'person' in hopes of having a better life and such. In a way, it's similar to what you speak of. A sort of higher being that people turn towards. Most pick some sort of God for that.'', he'd say eventually, with a vague shrug. He had never been into that. People who prayed died as well. It wasn't like anyone got miraculously saved from trouble when they believed in God. In the end, you always had to work for stuff yourself. Things for free are a high standard.
Back to top Go down
Akumu

Akumu

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 7:52 pm

Was the other becoming bored with the talk? Was Akumu not entertaining enough for the other? Did it really matter? No. It didn’t matter, Akumu would talk and if his guest found the chatter too much or too boring at any point he was welcomed to leave. The old attendant was use to give explanations when he talked thus the many words, but maybe his guest preferred short answers? It was hard to tell or pinpointing this truth, but Akumu assumed at some point or another the idea had to be true. While the man didn’t do anything outright to confirm this, the subtle movements and actions gave him away.

His words a few moments later in their own way confirmed the suspicion even more; however, Akumu would not show any offense as he watched the other with a faint smile.

“I don’t doubt you could be,” Akumu said as he kept his head in his hand. “But like you said politeness could get tiring if used in abundance, so I suppose your explanation will have to suffice enough for changing how you play on a whim,” Akumu’s voice remained light and amused as he watched the other. He hadn’t missed the part where he had been called mister, but much like the term brat Akumu took no offense to the word as silence befell them and the air in the room shifted to a better one.

The silence was enjoyable and was only disturbed by the arrival of the doll that had decided to sit next to the guest with its small pot of flowers. While Akumu could not say for sure, the small doll did seem to like the man, but maybe that was because it recognized the other as another a jester. Maybe it didn’t understand that it and the man were on different plains of thought and existence. It was a curious thing to observe, but not deeply analyzed as the human seemed curious and yet not curious of the doll’s nature or intent. He could always ask, but Akumu didn’t think the man knew the rules of the spirits. After all, did he not say he did he was not one to understand the sentiment behind such things? Maybe he wouldn’t be able to understand the spirits at all or they might refuse to speak to one such as him. It was an interesting thought, but luckily for Sharaku Akumu had enough tolerance of him to not perform odd tests to find the answers to such questions.

When the man brought up the subject of existence coming out of nothing once more, Akumu left hand would tap the top of the card it was on as the old attendant thought on this for a moment.

“There are some that would agree with that. That there is a starting point, but I do not think that is so necessarily. I think instead it is an infinite loop with no end or beginning as long as it remains unbroken. There is always something creating something until Time stops and shatters the loop. Only then will there be an end to the loop that never could or would have a beginning. It is just simply a facet of life and thought,” Akumu said to the other. The response was confusing perhaps, but it was one that when examined or experimented with made absolute sense. There was always something there from the beginning and that something came from an older something, etc. etc. If this were not true then everything laid before them would not exist because nothing only created nothing. Complicated, but the truth.

In any case, the talk would eventually drift from talk of existence to talk of this religious thing Sharaku spoke of. The other was quiet for a moment as he tapped his chin in thought before opening his mouth and speaking.

“So those who are religious turn to the higher beings for guidance? That makes sense. Most if not all need or want guidance in their life, so why not you? What makes you take a path that would leave you without the spirits’ aid?”

Akumu asked the question quite curious to the answer for such strange behavior. It seemed that even the most hateful of humans ended up turning to the higher beings when all their hope was dried up, so what made Sharaku so different?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 EmptyWed Jan 21, 2015 8:46 pm

''You could say I am whimsical, yes.'' Sharaku would respond simply, in a slightly merry tone. That was something he wouldn't deny. There were quirks that always stayed, but he was capable of flipping his acting around rather fluidly. Being inconsistent was fun at times, and confusing people was often a plus too. He would try everything once, and he wasn't particularly reserved. Even when he openly disagreed with something, there was always a chance he would give it a go under the right circumistances. It was a matter of the angle in which it was being presented. Simply put, when he could, he played by what he felt like doing. Perhaps it made finding a steady ground with others harder, but he has sort of accepted that fact already.

He would absentmindedly watch the man tap the card as he listened to the following speech. ''Hmn.'', he would huff lightly, when Akumu finished. ''And the loop would come from where? Or did that just appear one day? I still don't see how something can come to be without a beginning in the first place.'' It simply made little sense to him. A loop, sure, but that had to begin one day as well. Infinite was a bit of a faulty word. In real life, nothing was truly infinite, was it? Even if it seemed so, there was usually some sort of pay behind it.

At first, Sharaku would raise an eyebrow when Akumu posed the question about his choice. Then he would proceed to tilt his head to the side, and subsequently laugh a little under his breath. ''Ahem. Perhaps I should rephrase myself here. That, is not ultimately what I meant. You see, I have no inention to refuse those spirits you mention, or any of the like. I just don't make it a point to seek and beg for help, that is all. I prefer to look ahead on my own terms, however, I am not entirely against going with this when the occassion calls for it.'', he would answer lightheartedly, looking at the man for a moment longer, before giving a vague snort and glancing to the side at the weird doll again. He would reach out with one hand, and attempt to sort of poke it, if it let him.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)   A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

A Crossing of Paths (Sharaku)
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next