Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

One way or another.... (Sharaku)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AkaJack

AkaJack

One way or another.... (Sharaku) Empty
PostSubject: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptySun Dec 28, 2014 11:48 pm

It had taken Jack a lot of hard work, time, and dedication... But he did it. It went against everything he stood for, every fiber of his heroic body was screaming at him to stop this now before he went to far. But the side of him that wanted to save the world, that knew that he was the only one that could, told him that he had to do this. Not just for himself, not just for the islands, but for the entire world! Yes the entire world was ridding on this, and if this is what he had to do to ensure that the world was safe.... then so be it.

He was a hero... others would call it stalker... but he called it hero...

Yes technically he had been fallowing around the strange man he had met a few days ago. Yes he covertly learned where he lived so he could time another meeting perfectly... but it was for the betterment of man kind. So it's fine.

Today was the day Jack decided to end this. He would approach Sharaku today and demand he give him powers...

One way or another.

So Jack Waited outside Sharku's neighborhood and waited... He'd be there eventually.... hopefully...
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:01 am

Sharaku wasn't really doing anything productive that day. It was one of those usual 'nothing to do' days. Or at the very least, it felt like it. Seeing as he didn't feel in the mood to attempt hanging out with someone he knew, he wasn't left with many options of spending time. He should seriously pick up a hobby these days. Before he died from doing nothing.

In the end, he did find something to do, thanks to the annoying black furball he had at home. Which is why he ended up outside, pretty much loitering around the streets, watching his cat bounce about. Well, someone was having fun. If Jack was around, he didn't really take notice yet, being lost in thought a bit too much.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:23 am

Jack couldn't help but chuckle at the sense of deja vu. This time however, Sharaku had company.... A cat... To Jack, Sharaku seemed more like a fish person... or a pet rock... something dull and reserved... and dull. Then again he was magical... and cats are the stereotypical magic guy pet so... Guess it fits. But who walks a cat? Weird magic guys that's who! Regardless, it was time to Jack to make his move. He went over his plan one more time... It was fool proof... And Jack would know! He is a fool.

He checked his bag and made sure the strap was hanging on by a thread as he slung it over his shoulder. The slightest tug would send the contents spilling out. Perfect.

Jack put on a brave face and marched out from his hiding spot behind a nearby building and approached Sharaku from behind,"Well Well well! Who do we have here. Sharaku! Fancy meeting you here," If Shaaku turned, Jack would offer a friendly wave.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 12:44 am

Eh? What now? At first, Sharaku didn't really recognize the voice. Which is why he turned around with the intent to give whoever it was a piece of mind about approaching people without a warning. From behind, even. Then, he proceeded to draw a blank when he saw who he was facing? Wasn't this the guy who pestered him at San Malarus not so long ago? What did he want..? Oh well.

He would give Jack an unimpressed stare for a moment as he recollected his thoughts. "Hello to you as well.", he'd respond nonchalantly after a moment, mentally wondering about his luck meawhile. "Might I ask what compelled you to approach me this time around?", he'd ask, a bit of sarcasm evident in his tone. He was having a hard time believing it was just because, seeing as Jack had admitted to having a motive last time around. Meanwhile, Jack would find himself as a target, having an overly curious black cat pawing at one of his legs. It seemed that Kage was interested in the stranger that was holding his owner's attention. For whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:19 am

Jack had his attention, and this time... a plan, though the cat was an unforeseen complication... he still had this in the bag... his bag to be specific. Jack bent down to pet the kitten and smile. Maybe this cat had some super powers to... If he let it scratch him would he get cat powers?... Maybe later... For now he should just stick to the plan.," Do I really need a reason to say a friendly hello to an acquaintance?" The fact that he indeed did have one was not the point. The point was he didn't need one. So technically he wasn't fibbing....

"But if you must know, I'm handing out these fliers for the theme park," Jack said standing up. Jack reached into his bag and pulled out an add for the Galaxy Theme park. In doing so Jack pulled on the back and broke the strap sending it's contents scattering onto the ground,"Oh no!"

Jack smiled inwardly as he began to pick up the fliers, deliberately picking them up to reveal a red sleeve hidden under the paper.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:42 am

Well, no. A reason was not completely neccesary, but Sharaku had his own reasons to believe there was one behind this. It was Jack's fault for giving off that impression, as well as having confirmed so last time. He surely didn't expect him to just think it as a friendly hello this time, did he? Still, he wasn't it the mood to argue, therefore he'd pass over it for now. As long as this didn't get out of hand. "Ultimately, no. I just find it hard to believe in your case.", he'd say indifferently, pretty much shrugging it off.

Though, he would lift an eyebrow when Jack claimed to be giving out fliers. How did that relate to this situation at all? His thought process would end up in a sigh when the younger man scattered his stuff. And while he did see what Jack was planning on showing off, he had no reason to be interested in any way. "I don't get what this has to do with me.", he would state flatly. He didn't really need to see fliers. He lived close enough to the Theme Park to know the stuff if he so chose. Not that he even considered that place too entertaining for his tastes. Still, he did bend down to pick one of the papers, looking it over briefly, before looking back at Jack. Well what of it? Kage had scrambled a slight distance away when stuff went flying and was now just sitting there, watching and waving his tail curiously. Hm, either way, maybe he should consider helping to pick up the stuff, but for some reason he didn't feel inclined to.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:07 am

Why wasn't he helping... Jack was baffled by Sharaku's rudeness in this sense. When someone drops papers you help them pick it up! It's the nice thing to do! And here Sharaku was watching him scramble ... What was supposed to happen was Sharaku would help him pick up the fliers and ultimantly find the Red Featherman Costume and ask Jack about it. Then Jack would begrudgingly admit to being Ranger Red, Sharaku would be impressed by Jack's devotion to justice and truth, Yadda yadda yadda, Super powers! But no... Sharaku has to be all stoic and cool...

Jack sighed and continued to pickup his fliers,"I can understand your hesitance in believing me, buuut I assure you, I only wanted to say hello and-" Jack cringed inwardly as he pet the kitten once more. If he hadn't crossed the hero line yet... he was about to... No no thinking just action.

"And to ask you about that butterfly...." Jack continued to pick up his flyers, deliberately revealing more of the costume with every one hoping for him to notice it," And don't try to tell me it's just some cheep parlor trick...."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 9:42 am

Figures. Once again, it seemed there was a double reason. And frankly? Sharaku had almost forgotten about the whole butterfly business. Though, he wasn't surprised that Jack would go and ask. That didn't mean he would give an answer, however. Or not a detailed one, at least. Jack didn't have the means of forcing him to explain, so it wasn't as if he was worried. He didn't have to tell more than he chose to. Still, he would give a faint sigh. This one knew how to be persistent. ''Well, no, not really. However, I don't believe there is a reason for you to concern yourself with that right now.'', he would answer in a laidback tone, making one this time as well.

One way or another.... (Sharaku) Tyki.Mikk.full.1560287

''On another note. Need help picking that up...?'', he'd ask after a moment of watching, changing the subject. If only because he didn't want to spend the whole day waiting for the younger to get all those papers in one place. Though, Jack was thoroughly mistaken if he thought he would care about that costume. He's seen people do or have more weird things than that. It wasn't his problem in any way or form. And he wasn't planning on making it so. Jack would have to bring it up himself if he wanted to make conversation about such. Otherwise, it wasn't happening.

Blah blah:
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 1:56 pm

He did it again... and thought nothing of it! This did something to Jack. Something snapped and he didn't quite know what it was. Something felt... different as he watched the butterflies again. As Sharaku began to pick up the fliers, obviously seeing Jack's Featherman costume and doing. Jack continued to pick up the fliers in silence waiting for him to pickup the costume and at least ask him about it... nothing... nothing... nothing... and nothing would continue to happen as long as Jack just played the waiting game. Jack let out a frustrated yell and grabbed his costume. In one quick movement he stood up and thrust it out towards Sharaku," Not my concern!? Of course it's my concern! I have been waiting for this my entire life! To meet someone with magical powers... That has been my dream for as long as I can remember, and now you say it's nothing to concern myself about?.. I... AH!"

With the skill and fineness that only comes from hours of practicing in front of the bathroom mirror, Jack donned his Featherman suit," Protecting the world from the shadow's that plague it at every turn! We brave heroes fight for the soul within!" as if pulling it from a rift in time and space, Jack pulled his helmet out from behind him and put it on.," With the strength of a Chariot! Neo Featherman Ranger... RED!" Jack paused for a moment stuck in his heroic pose... waiting for Sharaku's answer.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 2:28 pm

''...........What?............''

For several moments after that display, Sharaku just proceeded to gape at the young man silently. Maybe he just died and went to heaven. And if so, it was a very ridiculous one. Several more moments of taking that in...

One way or another.... (Sharaku) Tumblr_ndz4sq1AS71rpyb3xo7_250

...There was no way he couldn't laugh at that. Impossible. He didn't even care if the young man got upset about it at the moment. After all, Jack brought this upon himself. This was so off the charts that it was just painfully funny. Wasn't running around playing heroes in costumes a job for like...kids, no older than 12 at max? And while this guy sounded a bit too serious about it, it still didn't mean he was about to reconsider his opinion. Protecting the world had nothing to do with colorful get ups and fancy call out lines, for God's sake. He would laugh for at least a good half a minute before composing himself.

He would give Jack a rather bemused snort. ''You're kidding me, right? If this is the kind of approach you take to 'magical powers' as you call it, then I stand with what I said. You should not concern yourself. Because if you go around wearing flashy costumes and wasting time with lame heroic phrases, you might as well stay home and play with toys. The only thing you'd accomplish is even the bad guys laughing at you. That, and you'd be as easy to spot as a flashlight in the dark. Real world doesn't work that way. You don't get the time to gush about your justice.'', he would say, his words laced with amusement, as he rolled his eyes. This guy was a new level of nuts. He'd just get himself stomped over before finishing his catchphrase if he had actual powers.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 5:32 pm

This.... was not what Jack was expecting. He didn't know what he did expect but not this. People with ancient magical powers weren't supposed to laugh like that... They were supposed to be reserved! Carry themselves with an air of majesty and ... and... Not this... Jack felt his world crack a little as the strange man laughed at him.  Was he wrong about Sharaku, not about the magical part, he knew Sharaku was magic.... that was blatantly obvious. What he was wrong about was his character.

Jack stayed in his pose while Sharaku spoke, he took in every word. It's nothing he hasn't heard before. His father had given him the very same speech when he found out that Jack was running around in tights. His father had told him that if he wanted to make a difference he should just join the police force and do it the 'right' way, HIS way.... On that day Featherman Red had learned his first lesson as a hero. That if he was going to do this he had to do this all the way, no shortcuts, and no compromising. The moment he gave in to what others thought about his sense of justice was the day he failed as a hero.

As Sharaku finished his piece, Jack relaxed his stance and stood arms crossed over his chest," And you say this like I've never considered it. Now I have a revelation for you! Many years ago a boy young boy had a premonition in the form of a dream! In that dream a man cloaked in blue told the boy that he had great potential! Potential to be a hero! From that day the boy trained! Trained for the day that he would unlock that potential! On that day the boy would truly become a man. These flashy colors... These lame heroic phrases... What you see as a weakness the boy sees as a connection to the heroes he idolized! The very heroes that push him to excel everyday!"

One way or another.... (Sharaku) Go-On-Red

"And if you see that as weakness! You Truely are BLIND!"
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 6:13 pm

Really...? That still didn't change the original point. Just because you're a fan of some made up heroes, it doesn't mean you have to follow their example. That never goes well. Inspiration is not bad, but even that has limits. Unless you want to be a crappy super hero in reality. Sharaku would sigh, running a hand through his hair in contemplation. ''I see things as they are. Having motivation may be useful, but overdoing it will not do you any good. Call me blind all you want, I see no reason to be flashy when it just poses a back slash in a situation where you do not need it. I do not see an advantage in doing that. I'd rather focus on my well being than on saying a catchphrase, no offense.'', he would answer flatly. There was no way he was going to be fazed after that initial ridiculousness.

''What did you train anyway..? Because if it mostly involved memorizing heroic lines and such, I think I could easily beat you without even using any serious magic here. I don't even need to be a bad guy for that. What do you plan to do once you actually face an opponent..? Show them your tomato colored costume..?'', he probably sounded rather..not mood lifting with his speech, but he couldn't bring himself to take Jack seriously enough. Not with that kiddo attitude. Having a role model is great...but if it's a fantasy one, it's stupid to try and be an exact copy. A man should be aware of that. Didn't Jack say he wanted so? Then again, if Jack really wanted to try and face life the hard way first, he wasn't going to stop him. Ultimately, one will learn from their mistakes...if they live to do so, that is.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 6:38 pm

"I have studied Kendo, fencing, roman and European styles of sword fighting as well as various knife and short blade styles. It is the red rangers duty to wield the sword after all," Jack took great pride in his skills with a blade. Growing up he took every kendo, fencing class he could. On top of that Jack read guides, watched instructional videos, took expensive classes and trips to the dojos of ancient masters in order to insure that once the day arrived that he would be called into action he wouldn't just be, as Sharaku obviously saw him, just a kid in a flashy costume," I don't doubt for a moment however, that with all my training an skill, that I would be no match for someone like you. Someone who can bend reality to his will. Someone who wouldn't need a flashy costume to make a difference."

Jack removed his helmet and sat on the ground in front of Sharaku. He placed his helmet on the ground next to him and picked up Sharaku's can and began to gently pet it in his lap.," These colors are my creed. I'm sure you have one to. Something so deeply routed in your soul that nothing could shake it... Mine just happens to be a bit more... showy then yours..."
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 7:10 pm

''Close combat, eh? Well, at least you aren't just prancing around wearing colors. I'll give you that.'' Sharaku would say calmly. He had no idea whether Jack was actually serious about knowing this much about blades, but he would give him props for at least considering being more prepared that simply throwing around phrases. ''Depends on what you classify as bending reality. Reality is a rather solid thing.'', he would state, with a slightly raised eyebrow. What did Jack think he could actually do..? In all honesty, there wasn't much to be done out here in the real world. Still, even taking everything in consideration, actually bending reality was not an easy feat. Creating something here and there, perhaps, but he wouldn't consider it being of that big of a caliber.

''Hm. Maybe. Hard to say. I wouldn't say that something that cannot be shaken in any way truly exists. There's always a way to accomplish something. You can't take things for granted. You could always come to hate such stuff if something really horrible related to it happened to you.'', he'd declare casually, crossing his arms over his chest. He was pretty much neutral towards it right now, when Jack wasn't doing all he could to prove his awesomeness. The cat would let Jack pick him up, but would eventually end up pawing at the young man's clothes, before trying to climb onto his head.
Back to top Go down
AkaJack

AkaJack

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) EmptyMon Dec 29, 2014 8:02 pm

"Oh come on, there has to be something that you hold dear enough to never let it go, Jack chuckled as the cat climbed up onto his head. To Jack, Sharaku seemed to be the kind of person who would be hesitant to get attached to anything.... But Jack could see it in his yellow eyes that there was something in there near and dear," Like this little guy maybe hehe"

Jack reached up and scratched the cat's tiny head and smiled. Jack always like animals, seeing himself as a cat person.

"So what CAN you do?..." Jack asked," I mean the butterfly thing is really cool but... What else can you do? Can you fly? Or shoot lasers?! Oh oh! Can you give other people powers? Like... say to someone who would probably get himself hurt if he didnt have magic powers? heh"

Jack laughed and grabbed his helmet standing up and moving to pick up the rest of the fliers, not minding the fact that he was still in what was essentially red spandex.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: One way or another.... (Sharaku)   One way or another.... (Sharaku) Empty

Back to top Go down

One way or another.... (Sharaku)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next