Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

The Letter (Reality 1)

Go down 
5 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

The Letter (Reality 1) Empty
PostSubject: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 8:43 pm

When Kogami and Vera came too, they'd find themselves face down on their separate desks, sitting in what appeared to be a classroom. The warm sun and spring breeze came through the windows to give them a gentle push to wake them up. Needless to say, they were located within Kizuna Academy, but it was much different than the Academy they were so familiar with. It seemed rather peaceful, as if nothing of any sort of calamity had hit the halls. There were no police, or any such investigation going on. You could hear the students out the window during their usual rounds for their gym class, and other students out in the hallway talking amongst themselves and laughing.

Suddenly during this time, their phones began to vibrate...

The Letter (Reality 1) 2w7h475

"Hah.. so this reality takes place during spring, huh? Well whatever, you guys won't be there long. I should explain the objective now. In this reality there is no Limbo, nor is there a disappearance case. However, on this day there is going to be a murder revolving around a rumour spreading across the school. They say a Black Reaper arrives on the doorstep of an unlucky victim if that victim receives a letter with a certain symbol. Of course, no one takes this seriously, but someone is going to try this method today to kill one of their teachers, and it's going to work. The teacher's name is Jin Zong Wu. To my knowledge, he's new there, but one of his students is already failing his class. The student's name is Yasaoi Rui. A First Year. Unlike the Yasaoi Rui of your reality, this one is a deliquent, so keep that in mind. You'll have to find her yourself, or destroy that letter. You will not be able to return back to your reality unless the letter is destroyed or Jin dies. Good luck." The mysterious caller hung up and left the two to get to work on their own. They should know the layout of the building, seeing how it was a direct copy of the Kizuna Academy they knew of in their own reality.

The bell rang, and their day of school began then and there..

Last edited by Philemon on Mon Sep 07, 2015 2:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://newarcana.forumotion.com
Raia

Raia

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 9:37 pm

Kogami looked around as the cellphone started to relay the message to him. “So were looking for somebody this time, right?” Kogami would mumble to himself as he looks at his reflection using the screen of his phone. “Nope, still ugly. I was hoping that I get to change back for a little while. I was actually fond of my old looks… “Afterwards, Kogami would turn to Vera and nod at her. “So were searching for a delinquent that’s supposed to have the letter and I’m going to go on a limb and say that this Jin guy dying is not what we want. It seems too easy to just let the day go by and let the poor sucker kick the bucket, so I’m going to get rid of that letter.” Kogami was quiet for a moment before he continued. “I think your still against working with other people and you like to do things on your own, so you are free to make your own decisions. However, I’ll be checking the usual spots, like behind the school. A few delinquents like to hang out and smoke there without being seen, it should be the same if it’s just like the other Kizuna. ” Kogami then proceeded to leave, but he said one more thing before he left. “We aren’t too sure how this dimension works, so be careful Vera…” After that, Kogami proceeded to head outside to where the back of the school was.
“This is very cliché, but I hope I’m right”
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:06 pm

Vera was rather awestruck to find herself sitting in this seat. It felt like a century had past since she had been in Kizuna Academy, excluding that weird tower. When her phone rang and the mission was passed to her, it secured the thought process of this NOT being a dream. This meant this alternate reality nonsense was true, and this also meant for her to move forward, she'd need to deal with the objective this time. She did know of Jin in her reality, as he was one of her teachers. but last she recalled, he was taken in under the premise of being the culprit. That was dis-proven, so she didn't know what he was doing in life right now, not that she really cared. Instead she stroked her chin as the male spoke to her. Apparently he was going after the girl. If that was the case, then it left Vera with the objective of locating the teacher in question. If he was like Jin, then he'd be at the first year classrooms. Maybe he could shed some light on the objective where how he usually received mail. If she could get the letter before him, she could destroy it and be on her way.

She simply nodded to herself before leaving the seat and checking the clock. In this reality, was she a first year student? Maybe. Regardless, she'd need to get going to the first years classes to see if that's where he was. Luckily she knew what the target looked like, as long as she looked remotely the same in this reality as she did in their own.

Vera's first stop was the homeroom class for the first years, and she'd peek her head into the door while knocking. "Hello, I'm looking for Zong Wu-sensei. Is he anywhere to be found here?"
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Sep 07, 2014 10:57 pm

Kogami's Route -

When the young man made it to the back of the school, a few students would be hanging out. Most of them were third years, skipping class and goofing off. This was their last year of freedom before jumping into the real world, so why take anything seriously? All they had to do was pass their entrance exams. They didn't need to have their face stuck in a book for too long. When the newcomer showed up, one of the third years looked him up and down before returning to a card game they were playing. "You lost? Class is starting soon, you don't want to be late." He threw down three cards and watched as two of his fellow students held their heads in annoyance and irritation.

Vera's Route -

When the girl peeked her head into the classroom, there would be an older man sitting behind a desk within the classroom. He seemed to be in his thirties and was currently skimming through an old history book, perhaps getting prepared for a future lesson. His eyes did not leave the book as the man spoke. "You've found him. How may I help you, Ms. ?" He spoke with a calm tone, as he flipped the page of his book. His classroom was rather small compared to the others, perhaps because he was a rather new teacher. However, the whiteboard was full with notes that the next class would need to jot down for the following lesson. He certainly seemed like one of those teachers that you'd ask 'Is this going to be on the test?' and he'd respond yes to everything.

Timer:
Back to top Go down
Raia

Raia

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 2:24 am

So how was kogami going to approach this? He needed information and they was practically on borrowed time. If they didn’t find this girl soon, Jin was a dead man. “How does the rules of this world work? Is Jin still a child or what? Would he know who I am if I explained?” Kogami wasn’t too sure on what to expect from this world and how It, but he wasn’t too sure if he should use his original name among these people. His name was taboo, and he didn’t want to cause that much of a ruckus. “I wouldn’t say I’m lost, though I am looking for someone. So I might need a favor from you guys. “ Kogami would say as he sat down with the group with a friendly smile on his face. I’ll play one hand with you, and I’ll bet this pocket watch.” Kogami would say as he took out his bronze pocket watch, it looked much like an antique. “If you win, it’s yours. If I win, then you would have to tell me everything you know about Yasaoi Rui. Where she hangs out, where I could find her. It’s a fair exchange, and you definitely seem like an expert since you beat your friends. I only ask that you go a little easy on me sempai…” Kogami would say, putting on his best facade to lower down the guard of these older seniors.

Strength
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 4:15 pm

"Valentina. Vera Valentina." The girl introduced herself as she walked into the classroom and looked at the teacher. Well, he hardly looked like the teaching type to be honest, but she'd keep that personal opinion to herself. Instead, the main mission was finding this letter and destroying it before he died. "Sensei, would you happen to know about a student named Yasaoi Rui? You see, I'm with student council and I've been tasked with finding her. Apparently she is planning something very unscrupulous, and I'd like to talk to her face to face to stop such a thing. She's a student of your class, so I'm hoping you'd have some information on her?" The violet eye girl spoke with a calm tone as she pinched her chin between her index finger and thumb. She figured if she could also locate the girl, or keep the teacher close to intercept the letter, she'd be able to complete the mission.

The young female walked to the right of the professor, staring at the board slightly behind him, and awaiting a response from him. Her hands remained infront of her, and she seemed to be pondering to herself about one thing or another. A plan did just come to mind, atleast to delay some things for now. If she were going to do it, she would need to go about it now before the next class started.
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyMon Sep 08, 2014 6:56 pm

Kogami's Route -

"So you want to play a game for some information? The hell are you, some kind of detective? Or maybe you're looking to hook up with that First Year. You got some balls. Alright, let's play a game." The boy took the cards, removing a King, Queen, Jack, and Ace. He'd place them all in his hand then shuffle them around behind his back. "Let's play a simple guessing game. There's four cards, but one's an Ace. You got two guesses to see which one is the Ace. You down for that? My boys will confirm there's just two cards." The two looked at each other, and then moved behind the card holder's back. They'd examine the cards out of site and then move back next to him. "Yea, there's just four of them alright." One of the boy's confirmed, and the "Leader" of this so called group would raise the cards.

Their backs were faced towards Kogami, and the kid would look him in the eyes. "You got two guesses and four cards. 1 - 4, which two do you choose?" He gave a cocky smirk at the guy and waited for his choices.

Vera's Route -

The Professor looked at Vera with a raised brow before looking forward towards an empty desk. "Ah I see, the student council takes their position seriously. Well, she sits there in the empty seat. I'm sure she's not planning anything too bad. Rui may be rough around the edges, but she has the potential to be an incredible student in the future. I just don't understand what she's doing outside of school to the point she can't hand in her assignments. It's truly a shame." The man rubbed the bridge of his nose as he closed his eyes and sighed. It didn't look good on him having a student already failing his class with him just starting there. Was he being too hard on his students? Of course not, no one else had these issues. It was just her.
Back to top Go down
Raia

Raia

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 12:09 am

Kogami would think hard, he didn’t suspect any foul play about. It was just a matter of luck, and Kogami’s luck wasn’t all that great. “They don’t have to even cheat In this case, I just hope I pick right. After a few more seconds , Kogami took a chance. “2 and 3. “ Was Jin’s life meant to be saved? OR was Kogami bad at card games? Either way, Kogami made his guess and he hope he guessed right. They were on borrowed time, Kogami wasn't trying to be useless
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyTue Sep 09, 2014 1:23 pm

"I see..." Vera spoke under her breath as a flash of red light flickered beneath her sleeves. With a sudden flick of her wrist, a number of blades flew from her hand with pinpoint accuracy and struck the main in his main pressure points so his limbs and overall body went numb. The violet haired girl would immediately wrap her arm around his neck and cover his mouth his nose with her other hand, attempting to put him to sleep. Since his body would be unresponsive, thanks to this acupressure technique, hopefully it wouldn't take long for him to lose consciousness. If this was a success, the young woman would make sure to check his breathing more than once before pulling back his chair. Throwing her body into it, she'd push him under the desk he sat at, and would push the chair back in so it covered him up completely. "..Dirty work, but work, none the less."

She said this to herself as she took out a piece of paper and began to write "Class Cancelled" on the paper. She'd searched through the man's pockets and remove his wallet, keys, and any teacher badges. Once done, and making sure everything was secured, she'd walk out the door and place the paper on the door. Using his keys, hopefully there was one to lock the classroom door. With this done, she'd put his items in her vest and begin to ponder her next move. Best bet was to wait here for the next class to start and find Rui in the mix of students... Hmm.

Things:
Back to top Go down
Philemon
Admin
Philemon

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 2:17 pm

Kogami's Route -

"Hehe, sorry but no dice." The senior flipped the two cards up to show the King and Queen. Tossing all four of them into the pile, he stuck his hand out. "Now hand it over. I'm sure it's gonna fetch a nice price on the web. I was running low on cash anyway." The boys laughed at each other before their eyes looked past the guy. There was a bit of fear as they flipped to their feet and ran off from around the building. If Kogami was to turn around, he'd be greeted by Atsuki Kiryu, and two students of the student council at his back. The cyan haired teen looked down at the cards, and then at Kogami. He didn't say a word at this point, but he waited for Kogami to explain himself before anything else.

Vera's Route -

No teacher expects their student to attack them, especially with supernatural powers. And even though Jin had his training, apparently the young female did aswell. Using some type of strange technique to subdue him was surprising. And even with his martial arts background, there was little someone could do against something that didn't abide by the rules of their world. So her little plan worked, and he did drift into unconsciousness. When Vera was waiting outside, students did begin to arrive for class. There was no sign of Rui amongst them, but the students began to sort of celebrate that class was cancelled. This was the first time this had ever happened for them.
Back to top Go down
Raia

Raia

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyWed Sep 10, 2014 6:50 pm

….” Kogami was actually tempted to use force against these people, his snakes along with a little pain would probably make them talk. However, the students ran away and Kogami wondered why they left in the first place. As he turned around, he saw a face that he didn’t want to see again. Bad memories kept pouring in left and right, as he found himself in front of the person that was responsible for his death. Kogami didn’t feel well instantly, he just wanted to thrash out and hit Kiryu with his strongest move over and over again. He wanted Kiryu to feel the pain that he felt, and he figured that he would still be alive if Kiryu died. He wouldn’t of got his kneecap broken if Kiryu died, he wouldn’t of been set up by the gang that he was tailing with since he left school. He wouldn’t of been pressured by the student council, and he wouldn’t of been set up as a sacrificial lamb so Kiryu could save face. However, the next choice of words weren’t much of Kogami’s, the anger was put under wraps.

Please forgive the current display of misconduct Mr.Atsuki, I was trying to handle the students in my own way without the use of force. However, talking them down wasn’t as successful without shoving my authority into their faces. Kogami would say with a sharp bow, he was just going to try to be unfeeling about the whole matter. “Would you happen to know where Yasaoi Rui is located at this moment? Her association with the boys and the increase complaints of on campus gambling has gotten me rather concerned. “ Kogami continued to hate himself as he continued to refuse to listen to his past desires. However, he was taking a chance to see if he was still who he was before he was a criminal. That would mean that Kogami is in the student council disciplinary committee, and it’s something he wouldn’t need to lie about. However, this whole situation and reason for it he fabricated had been a lie. However, you would have to be a pretty good liar if you wanted to be a criminal, hopefully Kogami's facade could convince kiryu for the moment. However, it was distasteful that This new Kogami put the success of this mission over his own pride. IT left an internal struggle inside of him as he did his best to hold back.

Strengths
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyFri Sep 12, 2014 1:38 pm

Vera watched the students start to gather outside the classroom. Her arms were folded and she scanned the group of students. Rui was not a part of them, so she only suspected that the trouble maker was else where. Most likely skipping class like one would if they were a trouble maker. Vera figured her next step would be to ask the students here where Rui could possibly be. And though she did not wish to associate with anyone of this fake world, she'd need to do get the information she craved. So stepping forward, she took the initiative. "Excuse me, I understand this class is cancelled, but can one of you help me find someone. It's rather important. Her name is Rui, I've been searching for her all day. I'll make it worth your time."
Back to top Go down
Nyarlathotep

Nyarlathotep

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySat Sep 13, 2014 5:14 pm

Kogami Route -

The Student Council President looked at Kogami with narrowed eyes through his explanation, but then reached down and pulled the boy to his feet before he could stand himself. But before Kogami could react to this, the cyan haired young man would give a smirk. "Why are you acting so formal, Kogami? I didn't bring you onto the student council to talk to my like some slave master." Kiryu gave a short laugh while looking at the cards and crossing his arms. "Playing cards during school hours? Well, I guess a little fun is alright. Taking things seriously will only cause this school to fall to pieces sometimes." The young man put his hand on his side and raised his brow at the question Kogami presented him. "Rui? I believe I saw her headed towards the Faculty office. Why? Are you looking for her?"

Vera's Route -

A few students looked at the girl for a few seconds, not really recognizing her. However, they found no reason not to tell her where Rui was. It wasn't as if she gave off a vibe that told them to keep quiet about the student. "Uhh, Rui, huh? Well, last I saw her she was walking towards the teachers side of the first floor. I was just thinking she was skipping class, but maybe she got called to the office?" The student thought to themself while stroking their chin.
Back to top Go down
Raia

Raia

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptySun Sep 14, 2014 11:46 pm

On the outside, Kogami remained a bit more formal than casual towards Kiryu. However, Kogami was even more confused on the inside. He wanted to throw up and pass out, and he wasn’t sure if this was a good thing or bad thing. This kindness he was experiencing from the person that he made responsible for the bounty that led to his end alienated him. Something clicked from deep within him, which made the shadow question his own existence. He was an embodiment of a dead man’s regrets and hatred, but this hate doesn’t exist in this world. Kogami was many things, but he wasn’t a killer surprisingly. He also had pride, but he was reasonable. “So Rui was headed to the faculty office, that’s good news. I should head over there now then.” Kogami would think to himself as he gave the student council president a slight smile. Kogami felt like he didn’t belong, and he felt like he couldn’t hate the man in front of him. In a world where even his negative emotions pinned towards a particular person become irrelevant, he had nothing. To think dying was the worst thing that happened to him, this image of Kiryu showing kindness was just bad, physiologically and emotionally. “I was looking for her, thank you very much for your added assistance. If anything happens, I will report to you directly on the matter. Also, I really do hope that you enjoy this beautiful day today…. Kiryu….“ Kogami would say as he turned to leave for the faculty office.

If people changed so much, is it possible that the other me was a different man as well? “ Kogami didn’t feel like himself anymore, he was strikingly depressed and wanted to be alone. Maybe he even wanted to cry, but now wasn’t the time for this. He had to catch this girl, so he headed for the office at a quick pace.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) EmptyWed Sep 17, 2014 6:41 pm

Vera gave a polite bow before leaving the students and heading towards the faculty office. She was stroking her chin while thinking to herself about why Rui would be there. Most likely to drop the letter in the teacher's mailbox no doubt. That was rather clever she supposed. She didn't have much time to think of all the many reasons why'd she be at the faculty office, instead the young thief would head there without question or another word.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Letter (Reality 1)   The Letter (Reality 1) Empty

Back to top Go down

The Letter (Reality 1)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next