Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Ray

Ray

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 6:04 pm

Why did he come here? Well, it was a legit question. ''Needed to buy some stuff, and it's less crowded here. That's all.'' That was technically the truth. He could have went to shop in San Malarus sure, but people there could be pretty annyoing if they set their minds to it. Well, annoying for him to be exact. Most people of course did not mind. Ray would remain standing as they waited, giving Phalanx a glance once in a while, wondering why was he fiddling with that weapon again. It wouldn't be safe to use it at a station out of all places. Ray was not planning to get arrested becasue he had an armed companion. ''Maybe you shouldn't play around with that weapon fo yours...it might get us in trouble if some people decide to think you're going to hurt them with that...'', he would say thoughtfully. It wasn't like they were in any danger, and some people may indeed piss their pants seeing a man with a spear. Not everyone had a backbone.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:12 am

"I'm just a bit cautious. But if it makes you and others nervous..." I loosen my grip on Longinus. I guess he's right. I can't just walk around here with a Lance in my hands. I dunno what else to say... I made sure no one else was around before saying: "Listen, Raynar... There's something I have to tell you... It's about me... Who I am..." Urgh... Explaining all this wouldn't be easy... I mean, who would believe such a story... Regardless, if I didn't tell him now, I'll feel guilty about it later. "Urgh... Now how shall I put this... I'm not human for one thing. I guess you've already come to that conclusion yourself. I'm a robot designed to destroy etherial beings called shadows. Around two years ago, I was created as a response to the alarming presence of Shadows in the Ueitawa Region, in Japan. Quite a ways from here. We're called 'Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons'. I'm of a model labeld 'Phalanx'. Back in Combat testing, a Process every new model of Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon goes through. We're created in sets, and then these battle tests are conducted. It's a Battle Royale between a set number of Units of the same model. You could call these other Units my Siblings. I considered them family. And, after defeat- no, slaughtering at least 50 of my kind, I had enough... I didn't want to fight them anymore. It was a heartrending matter. So I decided to fight back. I snuck out of my container, killed one of the supervisors of the battle tests, then I fled the lab. I did not make it very far, as the lab is on an Island far off shore... Needless to say, I got captured, and locked in Standby for almost two years. After the recent spike in Shadow Activity last year in Ueitawa, they decided to send me over there, as an act of desparation. They wanted me to go there, and scout for any remaining shadows left in the area. They sent me away from Washington D.C about 53 Hours ago with a UAV cargo jet. You know the rest. There was an engine failiure, which triggered the drop-out function of the cargo-hold, and dropped my Stasis Chamber in Standasen Island. Now, I suspect they have already sent other Models of Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons to capture me. I'm not gonna let them get ahold of me. There's another thing. I was supposed to be activated by an Operative specialized in dealing with shadows, so they changed my programming to protect the activator at all costs. You activated me, so I'll protect you no matter what. Don't worry though. You can still live a normal life. I'll check up on you from a safe distance. Rooftops and alike."

Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 6:42 pm

''I can handle it. But some people get scared rather easily.'', Ray would shrug in regards to the weapon. It was just the principle. Weapons in public were usually not a good thing. He would turn to look at Phalanx more closely when the man spoke up, wanting to tell him something. ''Allright, go ahead.'', he could listen for a bit,no? Maybe it would explain the mystery of how did the man come to be in a box like that.

'.........'
He had imagined a lot of possible scenarios, but not this. He would lean against a nearby wall, thinking for a bit. This was a lot to swallow. ''This means you will be following me around for a long time, right?'' He definitely had some strange luck there. Wait, did this mean he had a bodyguard now? How weird. ''But, I guess it's fine. It isn't your fault. I'm sorry for what happened to you...Some people can be quite mean, I've learned that already.'' Well, he did deal with such people when he was younger, even if they were just children. But, adults could be mean too. ''....You say you're a type of robot..does that mean you do not need to eat and such?'' This was probably a slightly strange question in such a situation, but he needed to cool his mind off a bit. Better not ask detailed questions until he sorted it all out in his mind. This was...a very complicated story to take in at one time.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 16, 2014 7:05 pm

"I know this is a lot to take in at once. Give it some time to sink in. But I'm glad you listened. Whether or not you believe me is up to you." I look at the confunded face of Raynar. His confusion's understandable. After being told all this...

"No, I don't require to eat food. As I said earlier, I am a robot... So eating isn't something I even can do... Later models are able to do so nowadays though. I dunno how they managed to make such a thing even possible. More power to them, I suppose. I'm purely designed for combat, so I have very little experience with human interaction. Don't worry though, My A.I is advanced enough for me to learn things faster than a human could. So, it shouldn't take long..." I look down on the floor. "Due to my actions, they robbed me of my persona I used to have earlier, Jupiter... I was considered to volatile to carry one outside of missions... And this poses quite the issue... I can no longer fight against shadows..." It hurt my pride to say those words, but it's the truth. Without a persona... I'm useless outside of fighting other Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 6:19 am

''I suppose so. I have to admit your story is quite unbelievable, but it is true that strange things do happen...'', Ray would trail off thoughtfully when Phalanx said he was glad to be heard out whether his words were believed or not. Ray honestly wasn't sure if he did or not. It seemd a bit unnatural, however the story was too elaborate to be a simple lie. Well, the only way would be to look into it, and Ray didn't know whether that was a good idea to consider. But, Phalanx said he was going to stick around because of those activation reasons, so maybe he'll find something out eventually, even if only on the run. What else was there to do? He was not the best buddy type, but he wasn't cold enough to try and shoo the man away just like that. Not unless he started brewing trouble for him.

He would take a moment to ponder over the man's next words. Well, he expected an answer like that in case of the food, so that wasn't too surprising. The part about little experience with human interaction was slightly more alarming, even if only for the fact that he did not even notice yet. If Phalanx was really bad at it, he hid it well. It wouldn't be easy to tell right off the bat. ''Well...you say you learn fast. Maybe you'll find a way to regain your fighting power somehow?'' At least that's what he thought this 'persona' meant. Something to use in a battle against Shadows, whatever they were. Ray was actually wondering whether those were some sort of codenames, because that would have made much more sense.

That aside, the subway train was there already. They had been talking for quite a while. ''...Shall we go?'', he would ask, even though he figured it was a moot point, as Phalanx had already said numerous times that he'd follow anywhere.

Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:03 am

I shrug at Raynar's statement about my powers. "Who can say? I'm not expecting much, but I am hopeful." I notice the subway train arriving and I stand up in response to Raynar's Question and reply: "Yeah. We should leave." I look behind me one last time to make sure we didn't have anyone pursuing us, before entering the subway train with Raynar. So... This will be my life from now on huh? This Raynar seems like a nice and dependable fellow. We both sit down next to the windows in the cart. Looking out, I see Standasen Station shrink in the distance, before dissapearing behind the tunnel wall as the train turns left. I wonder what would meet us on the other side of the tunnel, on San Malarius Island... "So, what do you do during your regular days?" To try and pass the time, I try to strike up a conversation... It shouldn't be long before we arrive, but I'll take this opportunity to get to know Raynar a bit better.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:17 am

Well, Ray couldn't say much to that one. For one, he did not know what kind of power this 'persona' was, nor how does one go about with gaining it. Which meant he had no way to estimate whether Phalanx had a chance or no. But, such things were alway up to the individual, right? When you set yourself a goal, and are serious, it hould be possible to accomplish it. Of course, assuming one chooses something that is possible by the law of nature, not a ridiculous wish that can only be real in dreams. That was only logical. You'd never be able to produce gold from thin air, no matter what.

He would nod at Phalanx as they went to board the train and sit down. When the man spoke up after a moment of silence, Ray would take a contemplative look towards the window. ''Not that much. Since I still have to go to school, that takes up most of my time. And if not, I just hang out. Or do a part time job if I feel like it.'', he would answer rather simply, not being the one to tell too much detail about himself without a proper reason. ''Do you have any plans on what to do in the future aside from accompanying me and such?'' Truth to be told, he had no idea what a robot could take delight in doing, aside from things it was programmed to do. Just What would Phalanx do with all the free time?
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:27 am

"I would actually like to learn how to play guitar. Other than that, I don't really know... If I should somehow regain my powers, then I will have more things to do. I might just take the time to explore this city at some point. Who knows, Maybe I'll get some friends." That last part was just wishful thinking on my part. Who would want to be friends with a machine? It seems Raynar understands me though, so I guess there's still hope there as well. I look out the window again. My time as a Rogue Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon has begun. I wonder how long it takes before they find me?
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 7:47 am

Play the guitar? That was unexpected. But, Ray wouldn't complain. He liked music after all, even if musical instruments were not in his list of strenghts. ''Sounds like a plan. You never know what you find when you look.'', he would say, thinking to himself for a moment. 'Wait, that reminds me...' Now he knew why the comment on playing a guitar stood out to him. ''By the way, I know one man that can play a guitar. Maybe I could introduce you two at some point. I'm sure he'd be happy to teach you, as he's gathering musicians to form a little group.'', he would offer then, remembering the older man he met on the streets a while ago. Hm, now he was wondering whether Hachiro was planning on making contact again. They did not exchange numbers or anything at all. But, if Phalanx wanted to, that would give Ray a reason to search for the man out of his own interest. It shouldn't be that hard, as it seemed he at least worked somewhere nearby his homeplace. With that, he would direct his silver eyes towards the window thoughtfully for a moment. It looked like the ride would come to an end soon. A few minutes maybe. He was sort of wondering where would Phalanx be staying from now on....
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:02 am

"Oh. You know someone that can teach me?" Suprised by this new information, I look at Raynar, and Smile. I haven't smiled in a long time. It's kinda refreshing really.
"Attention all Passengers. We'll be arriving soon at San Malarius station. If this is your destination, make sure to check your surroundings for any of your belongings before you leave. Have a Nice day. Next Stop, San Malarius Station."
The voice of the attendant echoed through the speakers on the train. It's time to leave. "Looks like we're getting close to our destination. Shall we go...?" We're finally here. As the train stops and the doors open, I exit the train cart with Raynar. So, this is San Malarius, Huh. Looking out the windows of the station, I see the Skyline of the Metropolis that's San Malarius. It's certainly more active than Standasen, that's for sure. This is my new home. Better get adjusted to this.

~Exit
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 8:23 am

Phalanx seemed happy by the turn of events. That was good. It wouldn't be nice to have a mopey robot as a long term company. "Yes. It might take me a while to contact him, but I could most likely get him to teach you.", Ray would answer with a slight smile and nod. Just in time for a train announcement. Already, huh? Time to go then. "Yes, let's go...", he would agree, standing up and following the man out. Well, back home again....with more weigth on his back this time.

~Exit~
Back to top Go down
Grantus

Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 17, 2014 11:30 am

Phalanx of the Justice and Raynar of the Moon have formed a social link...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2