Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) Empty
PostSubject: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyTue Jun 10, 2014 9:08 pm

And there I was, standing in the pool of blood in front of the corpse of that Asshole scientist who forced me to go through all this crap."Making me kill my own brethren... Unacceptable." I pull out Longinus that I had jammed inside that bastard's ribcage. I start running, aiming to escape the facility. I cannot stay here. Not after what I've done. I need to escape. I head outside, and knock some of the alerted guards unconscious before i continue my escape. After running for a mile or two, i suddenly find myself standing on the beach... I was trapped. I fall down on my knees, realising it was all for nothing. Those bastards would still force me to fight my own brothers. "Fuck... I was so close, and I'm stopped by the ocean. Great..." After a couple of minutes, I get zapped by a large dose of electricity, shutting me off.

...Booting System...
I wake up, laying inside an opened stasis container, looking at a human, whose face is blurry. As my eyes get accustomed to the light, the figure's face is getting clearer.

Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 6:45 pm

Ray wasn't sure why it was a thing lately, but people seemed to bother him less on Standasen island than on his home one. Unless, of course he was the one to initiate contact. In that case he couldn't complain for someone not leaving him be, though he wasn't above doing just that if someone managed to grate on his nerves. That aside, he actually managed to fetch the gloves he couldn't find last time he went shopping, and got distracted with his umbrella problems, so it was a fairly decent day so far.

Coupling that with not getting interrupted so far, it was actually too good to be true. And maybe he was just right to think that. Or maybe he should learn to leave things be when they didn't concern him in the least. But sadly, as much as he hated people butting into his business, he on the other hand did that often to others. Not very fair when you think of it, but Ray was rarely the one to play fairly on anything. Which was one of the reasons he went to look at that strange box thing that was lying on the ground already half open from some sort of impact. 'What kind of idiot dropped this here?' What he hadn't been expecting, was to find a human looking figure inside. So, they put people in boxes now too? Where was the logic in this world heading? Lo and behold, the blackhaired person chose that moment to wake up and stare at him. Just great. ''Hello, might I ask what are you doing...in a container out of all places?'', he would ask innocently after a moment of silence, not knowing what else to do at the moment. It wasn't common to see something like this. Hopefully, this guy wasn't some sort of creeper that enjoyed this sort of thing.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:02 pm

"Urgh... That's what I'd like to know." Was this my punishment? Exile? Or did I have some directive? I search my databanks, and what do you know... I was sent here to exterminate shadows in the Ueitawa Region. It seems I must've been ejected in midair, judging by the state of the container. I look at the human in front of me... I dunno why, but I felt connected to this person somehow... I answer his question: "I am Phalanx, An Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapon Sent to the Ueitawa Region to Exterminate Shadows. And you are...?"
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:17 pm

So, he...didn't know? That for one was weird. Someone is sleeping in a box, and they have no idea why are the in it in the first place. How does that happen? Memory loss is a possibility, but why would that be? Then again, maybe Ray should just scratch thinking at all, as he wasn't the best at solving logical puzzles, and this seemed kind of like it. Better just go along with the flow for now. That way, he might catch onto a thread he could follow eventually. Yeah, a much better idea.

'................What?'
The guy, apparently named Phalanx spoke up again. That in itself was okay, but Ray was totally confused as to what he was talking about. What is an Anti Shadow..whatever thing? And he didn't even know where this Ueitawa region was. ''My name is Raynar. Nice to meet you, Phalanx. While I have no idea what it is that you say you are....I know one thing. You are currently in the Azores region. And I honestly don't know where this Ueitawa is.'', he would reply, after a short moment of giving the man a slightly confused expression. He couldn't figure out whether this man was just not in his right mind because of being dropped from somewhere, or the things he was saying were actually true. And if they were...well, then, Ray didn't know what to think of it.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:34 pm

"Oh... I see... you're just a civilian..." I landed in the Azores region. Well, if that just ain't spiffy. Things just wouldn't wanna go my way... Karma's a Bitch, eh...? Well, since I don't have anything better to do, I suppose I could tag along with this Raynar. I really feel a connection between me and him. I did not understand why, but I need to protect him from any danger. I open my databanks, and search for The Azores Region. Huh... so there have been Shadow activities here also, and pretty recently too. I turn around, and grab my trusty lance, Longinus, which i strap on my back. "I'm going with you. It's dangerous around here. Now, where do you live? Is it safe?" I take look around before saying. "I'll explain everything once we are somewhere safe."

Last edited by Phalanx on Thu Jun 12, 2014 7:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Glitches happened, had to fix)
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 7:57 pm

Just a civilian, hm? What did the man mean by that? Is that why he didn't understand those weird terms? If that was so, it made a bit more sense. Still, he had a hard time believing this stuff wasn't just imagination. ''Maybe so...'', Ray would shrug lightly. Technically he was a civilian, so he couldn't argue with that statement directly, even if it struck him a bit weird to be refered to as that. Nevermind that, this guy had a weapon with him? Wasn't that a bit too much? Ray was feeling a bit unsure at that moment. Just who was this Phalanx guy, really?

The best part? The man wanted to go with him. So he looks at an abandoned box, and gets a guy following him around. Wow. ''Is it? I didn't meet anything dangerous so far. But, I suppose you can tag along if you want. I do not live close though. We'd have to go to another island for that. I guess if that doesn't bother you, feel free to hang around.'' For now, he had no reason to shoo Phalanx away. He sort of wanted to know more, and until the man tried to pry from him too much, it should be fine. And maybe unless he actually went and used that spear thing. It didn't look too safe.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyWed Jun 11, 2014 8:11 pm

"Wherever works. Alright... You lead the way..." Was our meeting here just coincidence, or was it some twist of fate? I follow Raynar through the dense forests. I suppose I should thank him for activating me... If he hadn't done that, who knows how long I would be inactive? The bad part about this was that I have dragged him, a civilian, into this dangerous world... but that will have to wait, right now, I have to get Raynar back home safely. I wonder if he would believe me... if he'd listen to my story...
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyThu Jun 12, 2014 7:09 pm

Surprisingly enough, Phalanx agreed without a question, which was not what Ray had initially expected from the man. Though, if he thought back on it, the man was far from conventially normal even in what he was saying and how he acted. With a light shrug, he would do as requested and lead the way. After a short while of walking in silence' he would take a look at the darkhaired man and chance a question. He was a bit curious about this man, with how unusual he was. "So, what are you planning to do now that you're in a different region than the one you were originally sent to?", he would ask casually. He still didn't know where the Ueitawa Phalanx spoke of was, but it couldn't be near or he would have heard of it at least.

"By the way, we'll have to go by an underwater subway to get across the islands...", he would inform just in case the man were to have a problem with that. Though, he was hoping that if they went, people wouldn't give weird looks to that weapon. That was the last thing he needex to happen. He didn't like too much attention at a time if it could be helped in any way...
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 5:55 am

"I... Don't know actually, however, there are shadows here as well, so I should probably stick around... Besides, the people that sent me here, I couldn't care less about their directives... Not after what they put me through..." I actually didn't know what to do about this, so, I decided that sticking around with Raynar would be a good idea. "We need to go with an underwater subway? Wouldn't it be much easier to go by boat? I guess the Subway is faster though. Well, wherever you go, I'll follow." I really can't wait to get him to safety. There's a lot I need to get off my chest, that's for sure. All the guilt. All the pain and suffering I had to go through... It didn't really matter who it was, nor did I really care if they understood what I have done... As long as they would listen... Listen to my story of Pain and Sorrow...
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:58 am

Well, Ray had no idea what shadows were so far, so he couldn't say whether it was a good reason to stick around. But not wanting to deal with people that weren't nice to you, that he could understand. "I see. I wish you luck in accomplishing whatever you're planning then.", he would say, as he figured there was behind the fact that Phalanx had mentioned those shadows being here too. He probably had some deals with them or whatever.

When Phalanx suggested boats might be a better means of transport, Ray would shrug. Who knew? So far he didn't know about any boats being used around these parts, so he had no way of telling whether it'd be any better. "Maybe it would, but it seems this region has taken to subways more. Haven't seen any boats around yet." He was a little fazed by the fact that Phalanx was so eager to follow anywhere. Almost like a dog or something. Rather strange. "Anyway, we're almost there. The ride itself shouldn't take very long..."
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 2:33 pm

"Alright." I nodded, and kept walking alongside Raynar. And sure enough, in the distance, I see buildings not to far from here. "That's where the station is, right?" I point at the buildings in the distance. How far off course had I actually gone? Not that it really mattered. Sooner or later, my creators would find out about me going rogue. They would probably send other Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons after me. I'll have to fight more of them huh? Would the mindless killing never cease? But when they come, I'll be ready for them. I'll get my revenge eventually. Right now, I have to focus on staying functional and ready for battle once the inevitable comes to pass. They wouldn't hurt Raynar though. At least I don't think they will. "I suppose I should thank you for activating me. Who knows how long I would've been stuck inside that stasis container had you not found it?"
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptyFri Jun 13, 2014 6:54 pm

Looking towards the buildings Phalanx was pointing at, Ray would nod at the spoken question. He would watch the man out of the corner of his silver eyes thoughtfully as they walked forth. He couldn't say he was used to people following him around, and this man seemed rather determined to stick around. It made him briefly wonder what will happen once they get to the other island. Hopefully, this guy wasn't planning to stay over at his place. Ray wasn't sure how would he take that if it came to it. ''You're welcome.....Although, I'm sure someone would have come along. That place has enough people living in victinity.'', he would say, when Phalanx tried thanking him. He chose to not think of what activation was supposed to mean at the moment. He had enough weirdness on his plate already. That aside, he was sure someone would have found the man sooner or later. It wasn't like Standasen was a ghost town.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 6:00 am

"Well, Thanks anyway." I look at Raynar. What was the man thinking right now... My limited exposure to human interaction made it difficult to express myself properly. "So, which Island are we going to?" The most recent shadow activity in Azores had taken place here... Not too long ago either. Two, maybe three days prior to my 'Arrival', if I had to guess. As long as Raynar got off this island, he'd be fine from the shadows. As for my eventual pursuers... That was a different matter entirely. Not only could they move around in our world, they were also difficult to distinguish from regular humans. Fortunatley enough for me, I have fought with so many other Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons in the past, that finding them wouldn't be an issue... The same could be said for them though, as all Anti-Shadow Suppression Weapons go through extensive combat testing against other units of the same model. Mine was Phalanx, the Lance wielder. I wanted to voice my concerns over this, but that would require some extensive explanations as to what I am, where I come from, Why I am here, and What I've done. It's probably not going to make any sense for this civilian here... But I have to tell him... I hate to keep secrets.
Back to top Go down
Ray

Ray

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySat Jun 14, 2014 2:01 pm

''If you say so.'' Ray had no reason to argue if Phalanx was dead set on expressing his gratitude. Even though he hadn't done much in the first place, aside from looking at a damn box out of curiosity. He really had no idea why that meant so much to the man, but he decided to let that be for now. The bigger concern was the future, not the past. As to what was he going to do with his follower. 'Hm...' Thinking about it didn't help much, as he couldn't come up with anything actually executable. Guess it would have to wait until later.

Ray got startled out of his musings when Phalanx asked a question. ''San Malarus island. Although I doubt the name will tell you much, if you're not from this region.'', he would respond. What else was he to say. He wasn't going to give him a geographic lecture about the landscape or anything. Not that he even knew much about that. He couldn't tell him much more than the name which was a moot point if Phalanx wasn't a resident. Then again, he asked so he got an answer, whether it actually helped him any or not. That aside, they were at the station already, and Ray would take a look at the timetable. ''Looks like there's a few minutes till a ride comes. We'll have to wait a bit.'', he would announce, looking back at his current companion.
Back to top Go down
The Countess
Admin
The Countess

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) EmptySun Jun 15, 2014 7:37 am

"So... Why did you come to Standasen in the first place, if you don't live here?" He must've had a reason... Why else would he travel all this way? I admit I'm a bit curious as to why. I sit down on a nearby chair, Looking around, making sure no pursuers were here. I grab a hold of Longinus Handle, readying myself for an eventual encounter. Hopefully no one shows up, in which case, things would go a lot smoother. If more than 1 should show up, I'd be outmatched... But let's not think about that. "I'm just a bit curious..." If I had to fight anyone, I'll make sure to come out victorious! I cannot fail my new "Master".
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)   Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.) Empty

Back to top Go down

Arrival [Open] (Anyone on Standasen Island.)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next