Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]

Go down 
4 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Enigma

Enigma

Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 12:16 pm

“Well guys, I’ll be getting Spicy tuna as always, isn’t it funny that I keep ordering the same thing? However, there is a philosophy to that. It’s always the dishes that you like that turns out to be the one dish that no one gets wrong. You can practically go anywhere, and the food might taste just as good. But there’s always the special quirks about the restaurant that makes it special. “ Hyde took a glance at the swirling fish again, they really soothed his heart. When Kei mentioned that he would be treating them to some sushi once the restaurant opens, Hyde nodded gleefully. “Of course! I’ll be glad to come, and Raku could come along as well, it’ll give his wallet a rest. Also, just so you know, Raku chan. “Hyde then turned To Raku with the same smile and a wink. “Six pieces of spicy tuna roll are 2.50. “ Hyde knew what he was doing with that remark, it was all a part of the game that they were playing that no one seemed to notice yet. Not even Raku noticed, though it wasn’t exactly a game before. “Anyway, what are you getting Raku chan?”
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 3:53 pm

Well, Sharaku didn't find it particularly funny that Hyde always ordered the same. Either he was missing the point, or there was none which was rather believable, since it was Hyde speaking in the first place. ''I'm sure somewhere it wouldn't. If a cook is horrible, there is no way the food would be tasty, now is there?'' Hyde just didn't have the luck of picking a bad place to eat yet. Surely there were some, no matter where you went.

Kei was inviting them to his place for sushi later. Now that was something to think on. He really didn't like people paying back to him, although on a second thought this was a little different. And it would sound rude to decline as well. At least from someone he didn't know well enough yet. ''I suppose so. I could go.'', he would say simply, as he didn't really have a way out of the situation. Though a moment after, he would turn towards Hyde, who was proudly stating the price of his meal. Was he really trying for something? Well, whatever, it wasn't like he was going to let the redhead have his way. 'He's still not getting it...is he? If he keeps acting this way, it'll only bring him trouble..I am rather patient...but...' He would be quiet for a moment, before giving a sigh. ''I can count myself, thanks. And I think I'll have the same as you.'', he would state, with a rather deadpan expression. Hyde was really going to overstep once. Then again, he couldn't blame the teen. It wasn't like he knew what he was doing. But he wasn't happy about any mess that could possibly happen.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:04 pm

"Alright. Now that we all know what we want." I was really hungry by this point, so I call over a waiter.
"So, What will it be?" With a broad smile across my face, I answer: "I'll have One Halibut and Fatty Tuna Set, please" The waiter and I turn to the other two. "And you two?"

Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 4:22 pm

“Spicy tuna please! With some iced tea as well, but bring three orders of wonton soup first.” Hyde said with a cheer, he was excited to eat.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:01 pm

Already, huh? For some reason, Sharaku had expected more small talk to follow first, before the actual orders. Guess the rest was more hungry than him, as per usual. Well, this was fine too. Maybe Hyde would talk less with his mouth full. That, for one, would be a marginall improvement for today. Sharaku could use a small break from the most likely unintentional amount of randomness and ridiculousness. It would do him good to take a little breather. Though, he probably couldn't smoke in here. Too bad.

When the other two gave their orders, he would do so as well. ''The same as him, except the soup.'', he would say after Hyde. Though he would eye the redhead for a moment afterwards. What was with the soup, hm? Well, guess he'd see, since he doubted Hyde would order three for himself. There  better not be too much food. Paying didn't bother him, however he wasn't sure how much could he eat. He wasn't the type to scarf down big plates like nothing, or he wouldn't be so thin anymore.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySat Jun 07, 2014 5:14 pm

"Is that all?" The waiter looks back at me. "Yeah." I nod in confirmation. "Alright. One Halibut and Fatty Tuna Set, two Spicy tuna sets, and three wonton soup bowls coming right up!" The waiter sharply turns around and leaves.
"Did you just order three wonton soups for yourself, Hyde? Regardless, what's your hobbies? I mean, you gotta start somewhere right?" I hope that was not too awkward of a conversation starter... "I used to go to the Kendo club very often back at my old school. I kinda miss that, ya know. However, once the sushi shop opens up, I'll work there part-time."
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:35 am

“Hmm?” Kei asked Hyde about the bowls, but it was an obvious reason as to why he ordered them. “I ordered them for us, appetizers are always the important parts of the cuisine. Besides, the bowls are somewhat small with three beef dumplings in them. Ok, maybe the bowl is actually big. But this isn’t something to get you full off of, but if you guys don’t want to have any, I can find a way to eat them all. It’s ok, i am pretty hungry. “Hyde was pretty quiet after that, he only took the time to answer the question, towards the purpose of sharing one of his favorite appetizers with his friends. “My Hobbies? I have plenty of Hobbies, ill practically do anything that’s fun. And kendo practice sounds cool, but I’m not so good at things like that. Maybe if I was to position the stick as a spear, maybe I’ll surprise you. Besides exploring, camping , fishing, and making friends, I do the same as any other teen. But you should work out with me guys, when I go on my runs. Building cardio can help with your stamina. And maybe I’ll sit in for kendo practice for the first few days Kei, only to see how its like.“

After a brief period, Hyde then asks Raku a question. “What about your hobbies Raku chan? As a matter of fact, here is a guy topic. Can you give us any women advice? I dont have any experience with women, i cant say the same for kei, maybe he has a girlfriend...but You seem like the smooth talker mr suave.” Hyde would say this with a wink, this was going to be a fun turn of events.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 10:40 am

So he was right in his previous thoughts. Hyde was actually ordering for them, and even though he was offering to finish the food if they didn't want it, he didn't like that idea. Wow, why was he even complaining about food anyway? That was beyond lame. Oh well. ''Well, great.'', Sharaku really didn't have anything else to say to that. Hopefully, he wouldn't drown himself in the amount of food. Kei asked about hobbies, initiating another Hyde monologue, and he would simply listen, as usual, only taking note on the most important parts. The rest was in and then out, otherwise he would be suffering headaches from the constant ranting off.

''Nothing much really. I just hang around, and do what comes by.'', he would shrug when Hyde turned the question on him. Really, he never thought about settling down with a particular hobby, simply because until he came here, he was never at standstill for too long. That didn't get along with periodical activities well. Therefore, he never got into those much. And he never felt like it was neccessary for him either. Though...that next question. He would give Hyde a rather skeptical expression. Was he really asking that? True, he could see where the younger was coming from, but there were a few issues with answering it. First, he wasn't exactly the good example of dealing with this kind of stuff. The beginning yes, becasue Hyde was sort of right about him being a smooth talker, but anything beyond that wasn't worth giving as advice. He doubted the way he went about with these things would be what the other was looking for. Second, why did it have to be women. Not that he had anything against them, but to be brutally honest, he rarely sought interaction on that side. 'How to put this...'

''You really surprise me sometimes. However, wouldn't it be more interesting to give it a try on your own as a first time? What am I to know the kind of style you'd be comfortable with.'', he would say in a rather amused tone. While it might seem so, he wasn't the best guy to ask advice from, unless you wanted complicated relationships. ''Besides, I can't say I have too much experience with women to be exact either, just saying.'', he would add after a moment, with a shrug. Well, it was the truth, so what. And maybe the reaction would prove to entertain him if either of the two got what he was talking about. 'Hmmm..'
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 12:33 pm

"Bad at picking up girls, Hyde? I wouldn't say I'm bad at it, I'm just looking for 'that special someone'. I could help out as your wing-man though, if you really want." I laugh a little while observing Hyde's reaction. I was serious though. I didn't have any problems when it comes to girls. It's just that... I haven't found anyone interesting... Until this morning. But I digress. If Hyde needs help, or just friendly support when asking out, I'll be glad to help him out.

From what I've seen, these two go a little bit further back. I can't say I'm not curious as to how these two met in the first place. They are not relatives, that's for sure. And seeing a teenager hanging out with an adult can strike some people as odd. Then again, now I'm in the same boat as Hyde."So, how long have you two known each other? How did you meet?"

Last edited by Zologe on Sun Jun 08, 2014 12:36 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : F'cking typos.)
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 2:22 pm

“oh….. would you really? That would be great Kei!” Hyde nodded when Raku explained that he didn’t have that much experience either. “Well you do travel a lot, maybe you never really had time for things like that. Which is understandable, being a businessman must be hard. “Hyde nodded with his arms crossed, that has to be the reason why Raku is a sour puss sometimes. “But you know Raku chan, Kei, we should all go to that club someday. The Wave’s peak, it’ll be like a day we can all have some fun to enjoy ourselves you know. We can’t focus on work all the time, Right Raku?” Hyde would say this with a thumbs up to Raku. “I haven’t exactly been at the club either, but I’m sure it’s nice there. “
The three wonton soups arrived on a platter. Hyde got very excited as he hands each one of his friends a bowl. He then waves his hands back and forth “Ahh, its hot, try to be careful guys. “ Before he started digging in, Kei had another question. “I known Raku for quite a while, He’s a great friend of mine. I kind of look up to him, Raku is teaching me how to be a man. I don’t have any parents or anything, so…” Hyde then starts to take a sip of the Wonton soup. “It’s pretty good, no need to add any seasonings or anything like that. But yea, I guess I don’t really have a traditional role model or anything. I just look up to my friends, that’s the closest thing to a family I have. But it’s not so bad, its all within context as to how someone takes it. I lasted this long right? But yea, Raku is a pretty cool guy. That’s why I’m confident you can be friends with him too Kei.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 3:09 pm

So, Kei was better at this? But, if he were to be honest, he would suggest Hyde to calm down once in a while, and not rattle off. That might help him with this. He wasn't a bad looking guy, but Sharaku would probably not be interested if he was female, if simply because of Hyde's personality. Actually, he wasn't interested no matter what. Hyde was Hyde after all. Well, maybe if those two worked together, it might do them good, but he probably wouldn't go out of his own way to get involved in this. And then Hyde went and deadpanned it. Okay, he did sorta look like he worked that way, but that was far from his point. ''You know, that's not what I mea- Actually nevermind....'', he would cut himself off with a sigh. No use trying to explain to a guy like that. He always got everything the wrong way. It made him wonder why did he even keep trying in the first place.

''I never said I focus on work, but if that's the way you see it...I guess, I could go. Don't expect me to jump around much though.'' It wasn't that clubs were bad, but he rarely found something to do there. Maybe he could just sit it through somehow, hm. He would give the soup a look, but wouldn't eat yet. Besides, Kei was asking a question, and he was seriously having the urge to use the soup in a different way. Aka tossing it in Hyde's face. The redhead was seriously exasperating at times. Why did he always say stuff like that, dammit. ''Okay, first of all, I have no idea when it was established that we were actually friends, and neither do I remember teaching you anything. Or did I just miss those things somewhere along your rambling?'', he would ask, calmly, although he was rather ticked off on the inside. ''Though, aside from that, we met at the Theme Park, that's about it.'', he would finish, towards Kei this time. After tasting the soup, Hyde would continue to talk again...and, you know what, maybe he could just dunk his own face in the soup, rather than throwing it at Hyde. ''I guess so....'' Not even worth it to argue. 'My sanity dammit....'
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 4:51 pm

"The... Club? Really? You wanna go there? You sure we can go there?" I look at Hyde, as I take a sip of the Wonton Soup... "Wow. This is really something else. Huh. I never actually tasted this before. My dad was serving it sure. I just never tried it, for some reason. Sluuurp. So you two met at Galaxy Theme Park?"
That's odd... The chances of two, seemingly random people, one of them a teenager and the other a full grown adult, to befriend eachother like that at a random Theme park is a bit suspicious. I get the feeling somethings up with these two. Regardeless, even if there's more to it, it's none of my buissness. And that's that. I didn't like sticking my nose into other peoples buissness unless it was relevant to me. I take another Sip of the soup. This stuff is delicious. No wonder Hyde likes it. I need more of this later at home. I wanna learn how to make this myself. "So, where do you live now, Hyde? I gather you're not 'Penecian', right?"
Back to top Go down
Enigma

Enigma

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:16 pm

“Well Raku? I thought we were friend’s at least.” This was something to address towards another time if Raku really had a problem with their current relationship. Getting into a fight with a giant monster with two other people should have definitely been a bonding moment, or at least Hyde thought so. But no one had to know their business; it was safe to keep it under wraps to avoid a panic. Hyde finished his bowl of wonton soup and pushed Raku’s bowl back to his side. He then went to answer Kei’s question.“Nope, I just came to Azores a year ago. I was broke though, so I’m currently boarding at Zela Academy. I was looking for a job, and I actually thought that Raku was the manager of some big company or something. As a matter of fact, Raku.. u never really told me what you did for a living. “ Hyde shrugged as he prepared himself to eat Raku’s share, Hyde didn’t like to waste food.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 5:55 pm

''It's not that I'm against it. But you know, it would be nice if I was actually informed beforehand, since we never technically agreed on being friends, and you're already saying it around.'' Well, really, Sharaku didn't particularly enjoy being left out of the loop. That only served to irritate him, and that couldn't end good if it kept up for too long at a time. ''Yes. I happened to pick a very enthusiastic person to sit next to, that's how it basically went down.'', he would say a little amused, when Kei inquired about their meeting further. He still wasn't sure whether he regretted that one move or not. Hyde was so out of place, he didn't even know anymore.

He would raise an eyebrow when Hyde decided to steal his soup, but wouldn't protest this time. If it was anything else the readhead would try to take claim on, there would be hell to pay. But, fortunately for Hyde, he wasn't interested in the soup enough to care, and expend his energy on that. Kei asked about Hyde's living, and for reasons Sharaku couldn't explain, it turned to him again. ''Nothing specific. I work on my own terms after all.'', he would answer vaguely, not really feeling like telling anything more on that subject. ''There is one thing I don't particularly understand though. You keep saying you're broke, yet this is at least the third time I saw you in Penecia, which is the most expensive island in Azores. Why do you keep hanging around here, if you don't have money to spare?'' He was actually curious about this. Really, why did Hyde do that? If he were in his place, it would be an obvious choice to avoid having to throw money around.
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 08, 2014 6:38 pm

"You're broke!? Dude, you should've said that earlier!" I give Hyde an apprehensive look. "My dad has me as his only workforce, he would gladly accept part timers once the resturant opens up. You can serve the customers or something." I'm actually glad that I am able to provide with some form assistance to my fellow friends. "So, swing on by 'Edogawa Sushi' if you're interested. I hope you come and help us!" I finish the soup, and place down the empty bowl on the table. "I can even teach you about sushi-making, should you be interested." Sure, Hyde is an oddball, but, I'll think he'll be of great help at the sushi resturant.

Last edited by Zologe on Sun Jun 08, 2014 6:39 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : F*CKING GRAMMAR ERRORS)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]   Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Guide around town. [OPEN] [Hyde S.Link Rank 2]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next