Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Air Piano session [open] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Air Piano session [open] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Air Piano session [open] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Air Piano session [open] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Air Piano session [open] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Air Piano session [open] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Air Piano session [open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Air Piano session [open] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Air Piano session [open] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Air Piano session [open]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

Air Piano session [open] Empty
PostSubject: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 2:52 pm

* tac tac tac tactac *

The sound of fingers hitting against a table, synchronised with the music ever-playing in the blue room. Not a sign of boredom, the fingers were just playing without their master paying attention to it. Gwendolyn's attention was somewhere else, in this other world she had heard from, a world much bigger than the one she lived in for so long, and also much less blue. But also a world of war where humans lived on the edge everyday, all of it because of the rule of the so-called “Titans”. Which basically are, big... humanoidish things that run in random directions, and kill, and eat. A  guest has brought an illustrated book talking about something like that to the attendant, it was pretty interesting in itself but the girl was still wondering in which way this book was representative of Japanese culture ?

* tap tap tap*

The sound of fingers hitting against a cheek, simply beating the rythhm of the music. A bit of realism here, there is not enough place on a cheek to play the left-hand of this piece. Then again, it wasn't a sign boredom, just-*Slick*

- Aw !

The sound of a finger hitting an eye. Not a really pleasant sound, and even less of a pleasant sensation when it is your own eye that has been hit. Gwendolyn's focus immediately switched from her book to her eye, even stopping her air-piano session in the way. A tear tried to escape from the eye to the cheek but was hardly rubbed against the eye instead; the girl trying to attenuate the pain by doing so. After a few seconds of rubbing, the attendant decided to stand up and, without really thinking about it, take a glimpse to the door leading to the outside world. Till now, she has always thought that the door was only to be opened by the guests, but nothing was restraining her for doing so, right ?  As long as she was not out for long and still attending at her duty as a Velvet Room attendant, Igor should not have a problem with it. And also, she could use that to verify if, yes or no, Japan was under the rule of the Titans. Gwendolyn had never heard of such a thing !

Maybe it was just some misinformation about the recents shadow problems there. Anyway, if out she wanted to go, it would not be now, her eye was still hurting and that would eventually prevent her seeing correctly outside, maybe. So there the girl sat down again in her chair in this first-class room, starting humming the velvet song as her gaze went lost in the cloudy darkness by the window.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptyFri Feb 21, 2014 4:48 pm

Coming in through the blue door to the Velvet Room, Noctis felt it’d be a better idea to take a moment to relax in the comfort of his familiar home. He used to not really care too much for the place, and could think of nothing but getting out, but as it was becoming increasingly obvious to him, he did sometimes wish to come back and reflect being his home after all. It wasn’t often lately he could go out and visit the world for himself, especially when lately he had been hard-working for his guests and attending to their wishes. On that thought, he would flip through his book at the few new Arcana that would now reside. Apart from Kahn, he actually gained several other guests, and now had more to look through and check on. He had been doing less of watching over the entirety of the situation, and more of focusing on the people he was assigned to.

But for the moment his guests did not need him, so he had decided to remain here until further notice. Walking in, the room did not seem to have many Attendants at the moment. They were probably out to work or resting….’Or do they even need rest?’ he thought. He didn’t think too much about himself. He supposed he didn’t need sleep as he never once felt tired. He also was not that old in comparison to other Attendants, as he was born only fairly recently. Taking a small bag of jelly beans he had acquired, he would pop a few into his mouth, eating them slowly and cherishing the mixture of tastes he could gather with each individual treat. He would catch sight of one of his sisters who was just normally sitting in a chair nearby, now staring off into space. “Sister. Are you alright?” he would ask curiously. He didn’t talk too much to his siblings in the room, more often than not going outside. But this girl of all people he didn’t see often, and she seemed to have nothing to do. He would walk near the chair and keep his bag of jelly beans near him in case he wanted more or his sister did.
Back to top Go down
Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptySat Feb 22, 2014 6:34 am

A voice took Gwendolyn out of her contemplation. The girl was not expecting that but did not show any sign of surprise. Her gaze went from the window to the person walking near the seat she was seated in; another attendant. As far as the girl was concerned, attendants barely talked to each others, but it was not something amazing either. Anyway, this attendant was taller than her, which was not really surprising as he was a male attendant. Apparently, he was concerned about her well-being. Gwendolyn realised that she did not know the name of this brother, even though she saw his face every now and there, so this situation was as good as any for an introduction.

- I just put a finger in my eye, so I might just as well be dying.

The girl finished her sentence with a smile to bring out the irony behind her words. Well, her eye was still hurting, but it was still a bit of an exaggeration here. In front of her, her interlocuter was apparently chewing on something without making any noise; which was quite the feat when you knew jelly beans. That, of course, was not the case of Gwendolyn, she just happened to notice the bag of sweets the attendant was holding, guessing that it must have been something from the human world. She had a taste of food in her life, only once; a guest brought her a cooked dish, and it was a painful memory.

- Did a guest brought you this bag ?

She said while staring at the little bag of sweets.

- You should be careful with it. The last time one bring me food, the dish started to stab my throat from the inside with little spears made of bone.

Fishes sure are devious creatures, even when dead. At least, the man standing here did not seem to be in pain at all, so Gwendolyn should not have to worry about it. Anyway, it didn't hurt to warn him, right ? The girl immediately switched her gaze from the bag to the eyes of her brother and extended her opened hand in front of her.

- My name is Gwendolyn and I am delighted to make your acquaintance, brother.

This was not an attempt to mimic a certain's someone way to introduce himself. The attendant just spent so many years hearing those words that in the end, she also made them hers to serve as an introduction.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 2:40 am

Noctis would give a look of confusion at his sister’s response, until she smiled, and Noctis took it as a joke. “O-oh. Well dying cannot be easily achieved to us,” he said with a confident smile. He probably didn’t need to try and encourage his sister, but he did care for all of them. He would open the bag and grab a few, holding a few out to his sister. “No, actually I purchased them myself. You don’t have to worry, they are rather delicious,” he said with a smile. If she refused to tae them, he would eat them himself, with a satisfying chomp. Listening to her story made Noctis think for a second. Did she not know about the dangers of bones in meat? “Maybe if you eat meat, you should take out the bones first. It will be less painful. The meat itself is rather good when cooked properly,” Noctis said. Maybe he should try learning to cook at some point. He did have an extensive knowledge over food and what it contained even before he went into this world. Did that come with the price of not being good at cooking? He should probably check that at one point to see for sure.

Noctis would eagerly take the hand of her sister Gwendolyn with his free hand and shake it. Truthfully, he did not speak to her much, in fact, he probably had not spoken to her at all, so learning her name did help. “I am Noctis. If I may ask, do you not go out much into the other world sister?” he asked. He was more curious about her habits than anything. Normally he may be distracted by unfamiliar things, but he was in a familiar area; that of his home, so it had no chance of distracting him from listening to her.
Back to top Go down
Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 6:27 am

The answer of the attendant was quite surprising. No guest brought him this bag of food, he bought himself he said. And, well, he obviously did not bought such thing at the Velvet Commodities, so it must have been in the outside world. Gwendolyn knew that some attendant went there, for accompanying guests or just for curiosity, but she did not think they would actually have interacted with this world. She just... never thought about it ! So that would mean that her brother here went outside, managed to gather some of this money-thing, and went into a shop to buy sweets ? Well, he must be experienced, or else a guest could have helped him. Anyway, he also said the beans were delicious and, even if she still have some problems with this “delicious” word, Gwendolyn was a bit intrigued by the bag of sweets.

Her brother continued speaking, saying that she should have taken the bones out first before eating the fish. The girl did not know that, she had no reason to. This attendant definitely was knowledgeable with human food, for an attendant at least. Both of them knew that they did not need food to survive, as they were created with the gift of eternal life. Even though, Gwendolyn had enough experience with humans to know that food is not only a survival mean, but even a sort of art to in the eyes of some. The attendant had one bad experience in the past, but she should trust her brother.

After this short conversation, hands were shook, and Gwendolyn learned the name of her brother: Noctis. Latin for “night”, you could say that it was suitable for attendant of this dark blue room. The next question was a bit out of phase about the rest of their conversation but well synchronized wit Gwendolyn's thoughts. Noctis had seen right, his sister never puts a step outside of this room, was it really that surprising ? The girl nodded.

- Yes, the idea never crossed my mind until recently. But I really like it when my guests bring me something from here, so I suppose it should be a good adventure.

In some way, she had made it obvious that she never went outside; or maybe that Noctis was so used to do so that he could tell immediately. There were no doubts about the human world being different from here, but could it really rub on you that much ? Gwendolyn took a quick glance to the blue door, then back at her brother, and then down on his bag of sweets.

- Can I help myself ?

The girl did not wait for an answer to grab a blue jelly bean from the bag. Not eating it yet, she just took a long look at it while starting to talk again.

- You seem to be quite used to go the other world, am I wrong ? How long has it been ?

Waiting for an answer, Gwendolyn decided to put the candy in her mouth, chewing at it carefully while the sweet taste started to invade her palate.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptySun Feb 23, 2014 9:10 pm

Listening to sister Gwendolyn intently, he would smile a bit at her answer to his question. “That’s a shame. Maybe I should bring you there if you don’t have a guest to do so. It would not be trouble at all,” Noctis said as a gesture of good will. He had no trouble helping out his sibling. He didn’t talk to many of his siblings anyway, so it was a bit refreshing to be able to speak to one after all. Noctis didn’t remember seeing her too often. Maybe she had guests of somewhere other than Japan, which he couldn’t help but dwell on that thought for a little bit, as though it was familiar to associate her with that kind of background. Though he did not remember for sure. His thoughts would be interrupted by Gwendolyn, who asked for some jelly beans, which Noctis was more than happy to oblige. He didn’t even have to answer to see her seem eager enough to grab one and check it out, though not from his hand, but from the bag itself. She didn’t seem to eat it, which was understandable. The presentation of any kind of food is important, so if she was taking it in, that would actually be the smarter thing to do!

In response to Gwendolyn’s question, he would first eat the few jelly beans that still remained in his hand, and scratched the side of his head a bit. “I am still new to many things, but taking trips to the world has slowly become nature to me so to speak. Not to mention I have a few guests to watch over,” he said, with a slightly proud smile at the last part. Lately he had only Kahn as a guest to look after. But now, his responsibility had tripled, grabbing several other guests and getting whole new worlds to look after. “I only began going into that world fairly recently. A couple months ago. A lot has changed since then,” he said. When she finally started to chew on the jelly bean, Noctis would hold out the bag itself to her and take a seat near her. “If you want more, there is plenty. If there is one thing I do not lack, it is sweets I grab from the human world. I find it helps both me and plenty others,” he said with a grin. Maybe it would help her as well.
Back to top Go down
Gwendolyn

Gwendolyn

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptyTue Feb 25, 2014 5:05 am

As expected, Noctis was quite used to the other world; for an attendant that is. Maybe going there every now and then for a few months looked like it was nothing, but in comparison of Gwendolyn who has never been there, it was a lot. The attendant himself said that going there was like a second nature to him now, and he even suggested to bring her there if she needed; that was really nice of him. Maybe the girl should do just that, as she had no guests to accompany her for the moment. Well, she could go alone as well, but having someone showing here places would be interesting at least once.

As Gwendolyn started to eat the jelly bean, her brother sat down near her and hold out the bag to her, saying that he had plenty and that she could take as many as she wanted. But before anything, the girl needed to be sure that this food won't attack her while she was eating it. After a few seconds, she swallowed it, and it certainly was a better experience than the fish.

- It'sh really good but... A bit shticky.

Gwendolyn had to use her finger dislodge the little piece of  bean under one of her teeth. After that, she could speak normally again.

- Thank you, I think I'll try different kind of food from now on. But, don't you need money for all those ? Or maybe do you know how to make them ?

Of course, Gwendolyn won't know that it was easier to get a bit of money to buy jelly beans than to actually make them. Well, a lot of food can be cooked with not that many ingredients, but industrialized sweets like those were another story.

- I think I'll try to go in the human world soon. And if you are willing to, your company would be nice.

That said, the girl put her hand in the jelly beans bag for the second time. This time, she should try something else than blue.
Back to top Go down
Mr. Grantus

Mr. Grantus

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] EmptyWed Feb 26, 2014 1:16 am

Noctis laughed a bit when she spoke so oddly when she ate the jelly bean. He wondered why she didn’t try more, but at least she enjoyed herself. “They are very nice. Small sweets and a very good pick-me-up.” When asked about how he obtained them, Noctis folded his arms casually. “I earn money through various jobs out in that world. Since I don’t need it too much, I usually just buy food or candy which solves any kind of problems I may have,” he said. He really did give that optimistic vibe off, like nothing could ever bother him no matter how much anyone tried. And that was more or less the truth about Noctis. For someone with such an ominous name like “Noctis” he certainly acted more like daylight than any kind of night. “I really do have too much money to spare though, given that candy and food can be rather cheap sometimes especially when I do not buy much. If I could make them, I probably would. I am actually learning how to cook myself, but I am nowhere near anything good,” he said putting a finger to his chin. It really would be a good excuse to take his sister Gwen out once in a while and treat her to something nice. Lately things have become rather bleak looking around him in the other world, with Limbo slowly entering the other world. Some have grown upset. Noctis didn’t look too worried though. He knew one way or another, it would be suited, and set humanity on a better path.

Letting Gwendolyn reach into the bag for whatever she wanted, Noctis would reach in after she was finished for a few beans herself. Red and purple; which is not too bad of a combination when he thought about it. He would chew on those almost instantly and turned his focus back to his sister. “I will kindly take you whenever you wish. Just let me know,” he said with a friendly smile. It would be a new experience for him as well. To help someone else check the human world out? That’d be full of surprises.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Air Piano session [open]   Air Piano session [open] Empty

Back to top Go down

Air Piano session [open]
Page 1 of 1