Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Alcor

Alcor

Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] Empty
PostSubject: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyMon Sep 06, 2021 11:43 pm

This city was a truely amazing place.

That should go without saying of course, it was the only safe city in the world. A place were people could live out their life's in peace without the threat of demons breathing down their neck. But that was just the obvious things. There was so much more to this place then mere safety from demons, the lovely music you could listen too, the fun places you could go too in order to let off steam, and lord the food here was simply to die for. All this and more were the reasons why Cherry loved this city. She fought so hard to get here, but it was truely worth it. She wouldn't give this place up for anything else in the world.

That wasn't too say that once she got here that all of her problems washed away though. There was still some barriers she would need to cross if she truely wished to thrive in this city. She would have to learn how to drive pretty soon, learn how to do more complex math, and most importantly learning how to read. That last thing was very important and her lack of knowledge on the subject has screwed her over many times since she has came here. And today was already giving her another little example to the growing pile of problems her ignorance caused her.

Despite now spending a good few months in this city Cherry hasn't had the chance to really enjoy some of the many things semibreve offered. After entering the city she was quickly brought into the central city and everything was so hectic and full of transitioning she had no chance to really relax and upon moving into the orphanage she spent most of her time there, since they would only let her roam the city with a adult and they never really let her do any of the fun stuff she wanted to do. And after sneaking out at night enough times they start to notice and crack down a bit. But now she has finally found the perfect chance to actually explore around the place. Now that she was allowed to roam a little bit on her own she had so much more freedom now and the first place she went too was this nice cozy little fast food place.

The place was almost empty, other then Cherry and the workers there was only about three people here at the moment with one of them getting ready to leave. The food smelled great and made the young teen eager to try some out herself, but she quickly ran into that one dreaded problem that has plagued her throughout her time here. The damn menu's. She couldn't read them! Which led to what she was currently doing. The girl standing in front of the counter, her thumb on her chin as she tried to think of a meal to have judging from the pictures they had up on the big boards and what she saw other people eating. The worker behind the counter seemingly annoyed with how long she is taking but doesn't have enough energy in him to actually suggest anything.

Thankfully there was no line behind her, but who know's how long that would last.........

Last edited by Alcor on Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am

Life was...such a cruel fate.

Alright, maybe it was not but today was one of those days Rex felt like bemoaning his situation. He had originally planned to spend his time taking a nice walk around town, since it's been a little while since he last came to central due to work having hit a spike recently. Unfortunately, he appeared to have the mistake of letting his airhead of a roommate convince him to be taken along, and now he was stuck buying the guy fast food, while the one who demanded it wasn't even in sight anymore. Where did that sly fool run off to again? Heavens above, he wasn't catching a break today, was he? He didn't even normally go out of his way to eat this stuff, as he preferred more healthy alternatives and if possible, would rather stick to homemade meals. Alas, today he would have to subject himself to temporary torture it would appear. Perhaps he could afford to be petty for once and buy Theo a burger with the spiciest sauce he could find? Hmm...he really shouldn't though...

Food for thought that would have to be put on pause, as the 'line' he had walked in on was a rather curious one, consisting of a young lady seemingly being indecisive about her order. Well, his time was already being used on matters like this, so perhaps there was no point in making a rush. He could wait. This gave him time to glance around at the menu ads as well after all. Not that he was overly familiar with most of these...creations, but he would have to do his best to pick something palatable. Perhaps he ought to stick with simple fries. At least that wouldn't have any surprise ingredients.

"Hmm..."
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 12:04 pm

The noise of a man humming seemed to break Cherry out of her train of thought. The young woman turning around to face him. And now that she has, he would be able to get a better look at her and if you were going to use one word to describe how she looked right now it would be, lazy. Her hair was a wild mess, she was wearing a bright pink hoodie along with some grey sweatpants, both of which were just a tad too large for her size. It was clear that she didn't spare much thought for the clothes she wore out today and while in part that was because the orphanage didn't exactly have a huge line up of clothing items for her to wear, it was also just because she was so eager to go out today that she barely paid any mind to her clothes or if they matched, other then her pair of oddly large and thick sunglasses that covered up the scar on her right eye. This lack of care may come back to bite her seeing as wearing something so casual to the audition may not be the best first impression, but that was a problem for future Cherry to deal with. Present Cherry had a different problem, one that she had a idea on how to deal with.

She gave the man a soft smile before greeting him with a wave of her hand and a upbeat. "Bonjour!" After her harty hello she would take a few steps to her left. Allowing him to move futher up into the 'line' if he so wished. "Please don't mind me. I don't mind waiting a little bit for my order. In fact........" She trailed off a little bit before turning around to look at the bored teen behind the counter. "I'll just have whatever he is having!" It was a risky gamble. He may order something nasty or boring like black coffee with some salad or something along those lines, but life is nothing without a little risk. Plus this worked better then just awkwardly pointing at a picture of a hamburger and saying 'that.' Which is probably what would have ended up happening if it wasn't for the man.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 1:19 pm

"...."

This was certainly a bit of a peculiar situation. The difference between the two of them was rather striking, as he was dressed in a more 'fashionably acceptable' attire, a black shirt and pants as well as black jacket with a few golden buttons adorning it. That said, while he found the girl's mismatched choice of wear a little strange, it wasn't something he intended to dwell on. "Ah, hello..." Now the fact that she was claiming she'd have the same as him was far more worrying, for quite a few reasons. Not only was he not guaranteed to pick something she liked, but there was also the question of how much of a budget she had on hand. Not to say he was planning to get an expensive meal, but still. Better not to assume and then have it blow up.

He'd offer her a thoughtful look. "Are you sure about that? You don't know what I'll choose nor how much it will cost. You could always ask the staff about recommendations if you're unsure about what to get." He could understand not being well-versed in fast food menu's if nothing else. The only reason he even had as much as a basic idea about what they sold and what it was like was because of his dear roommate who was far more partial towards this type of eating out than him. "In any case..." He'd turn his attention to the one behind the counter so they at least didn't keep awkwardly standing here while working this out. "I'll have one cheeseburger, two medium sized fries and two medium ice tea cups, thank you." He could live on fries and tea today. He was still tempted to get some super spicy sauce to drizzle on that fool's burger but ultimately decided to be nice this time. He wouldn't hear the end of it were he to do that, and peace of mind was more preferable in the long-term.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 1:44 pm

She would give him a confident nod. "Yep! I am sure, I not picky plus I have some spending money. So unless you buy a whole butch of stuff I should have enough to handle it. And if you do, weeeeeeell I am sure you'll be a gentlemen and help cover the bill, no~?" The last part of her statement was rather playful, her tone of voice made it quite clear that she wasn't actually serious about making him pay for her meal. That would just be very rude. Although if he were to find it in his heart to pay for her meal, she wouldn't turn him down. After all nobody in their right mind would turn down a free meal. Brushing that to the side he did raise a good point, she could have and probably should have asked the people working here about the food items, but nobody who worked here seemed all that happy that they were working here and she didn't want to bother them. After the man would make his order Cherry would nod her head and make her own order.

"Mhmm. I'll have what he'll have, but like, one of each." She ate a bit more then what her build would suggest but she wouldn't be able too handle that amount. "Cool, it will be out soon." The worker dryly replied. Going to tell the cook's about their orders and giving Cherry some time to chat with this stranger.  "That's a butch of food you ordered. Are you meeting someone or do you just really like the food here?" He was pretty tall, so maybe it took more to keep him fed and happy. No matter what his reply would be though, Cherry would quickly remember her manners. Brushing her hand on her sweatpants before extending her hand to him.

"My name is Cherry, it's a pleasure to meet you!"

Last edited by Alcor on Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:12 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 8:53 pm

Indeed, making such a demand would have been rather rude were it done with serious intent, and Rex wouldn't have thought twice about declining in that case. He was by no means unkind, but getting pushed around as easily as that was not on his agenda either. Luckily enough, he was capable of recognizing a joke, and seemingly even found it amusing for whatever reason considering the faint chuckle he gave in response. "That's quite a daring move. You've got some guts to propose that to a stranger, even as a joke. Some less pleasant people may not take well to that." Most would probably wave it off as just a slightly impolite youngster perhaps, but there were always the types of people who got overly irritable easily.

At any rate, she seemed to be rather set on just parroting his order, and he ultimately had no reason to stop her since she claimed she was willing to roll with the punches. Hopefully, she actually meant that, because it really was out of his hands at that point. Nodding at the worker, he would turn his gaze back to the girl with a brief raised eyebrow, momentarily confused until he realized that yes that was indeed probably not an adequate amount for one person and that it was likely obvious enough. "Ah no, I rarely eat this type of food actually. I merely got baited into buying food for a friend of mine who saw it more interesting to disappear on me meanwhile, and figured I might as well get something for myself too." He couldn't even bring himself to be mad at this point, honestly. This wasn't a new occurrence after all.

He would take the belated handshake offer with a half-smile. "Likewise. You may call me Rex...are you here on your own?" Most often, he saw teens hanging out in groups rather than alone, but there were always some exceptions.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyTue Sep 07, 2021 9:27 pm

The french girl would hum softly to herself and nod her head. "I guess that is true, but the important thing is that you did take well to that!" For better or for worse she was never really the type to think before she says something more often then not. Shockingly enough she hasn't gotten in much trouble from her loose lips, most people either choosing to ignore her or just laugh it off like this man has done to her. Although this luck of her's would not last forever and when her impulsive nature finally came to bite her in the ass, well, she'd just have to cross that bridge when she comes to it, now won't she?

"Ah." That made much more sense. He was the bigger type sure, but he also seemed pretty lean, not having much fat on his bones and if he did then he hid it pretty well. "Well, maybe your friend got distracted by something? This city is really big and has a ton of super cool things to do from what I've seen, wouldn't shock me if he just got wrapped up in something. Im sure he'll come back some, and if he doesn't you could always teach him a lesson by eating his food heh." She snickered before pausing. "Although I guess cold food on it's own is pretty nasty punishment, have you ever had cold beans before? Yuck!" A bowl of cold beans for dinner quickly taught her not to sneak out before dinner time, that's for sure and a butch of cold french fries would probably do the same to his friend of his.

Cherry was a little taken by his name. One part of her thought it was awesome but another part of her with a equally loud voice was telling her that the name belonged to a dog rather then a human. Before she could actually voice her option her focus would snap to his latest question. "Yeah, normally I need to go with a adult but since there are so many pace keepers out and about today they are letting me walk around alone, which is pretty refreshing!" Those people who worked at the orphanage were nice more often then not, but man did they breath down her neck when they went out. Althought she would admit her own actions probably didn't inspire confidence. "Right now I am just killing time till the audition starts, thought some good food would help me stay at my best." She says, before adding. "If all goes well you maybe looking at a future pace keeper!"

Last edited by Alcor on Tue Jan 04, 2022 11:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 12:52 pm

"Perhaps." He would say that foresight tended to be kind of important, but he also had no intention of getting into an argument about a possibly trivial matter while standing in line for food. Not the most...efficient set up, that was for sure. He found it amusing enough to let it slide for now anyway. Speaking of which, he would huff out a laugh as she went on an excuse rant for his dear friend. If only even half of that was actually true, he'd be extremely surprised. "I'd bet half my paycheck that he's doing it on purpose, simply as an attempt to wear on my patience. He's a rather wayward type, and I'm quite certain he actually knows his way around the city better than me. I expect he'll come around to find me whenever he decides it's time." If anyone knew how to pull an annoying act, it'd be that guy. "Also..yes, I have eaten cold beans before, and unfortunately I cannot share your sentiment. I actually found them quite fine." Not all food needed to be hot as long as it was good in the first place. Presumably, one would be eating said beans with some sauce or whatever at least, because plain dry beans weren't that great even heated up.

"Oh hm, I suppose there indeed are more people around right now." He hadn't really paid it much mind, in all honesty. Though, part of him had to wonder why supervision would even be so necessary. She didn't look that young, and in the case of a serious danger even a regular adult wouldn't be guaranteed help. "You seem quite ambitious though. Why do you want to take on that job? It doesn't sound like the greatest profession for someone around your age." He didn't know exactly how old she was, but it was a safe enough bet to say that she wasn't quite an adult yet.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 1:38 pm

"So he is the pestering type ay?" She couldn't say that she blammed him. After all pestering people could be pretty fun if you were in the right mood. "Well, I would make a bet with you too. But I wanna save as much money as I can. I am gonna to the mall after I eat, I also don't get a paycheck soooooooooooooooo yeah." She replied before a stunned look overtook her face. "Really? Wow, I guess you and me are eating different beans then." Wouldn't shock her. The orphanage wasn't made out of money so in some areas they had to cut corners. Some of those corners being food, nothing too bad, but the kids there were quite used to drinking off brand sodas and eating old canned foods.

Cherry placed a hand on her hip, a proud smirk crossing her lips. "Trust me, I am young but I can handle myself just fine." She assured him before actually going back around to answer his first question. "As for why? Well........ Alot of different reasons I guess! I like helping people and if I become a pace keeper I could help, like a ton of people. Plus I hear that pace keepers get a really cool room all to themselves and I am really just not the type to do some boring job. Like stocking shelves or anything like that, I feel like I should do more with my life." A simple answer? Maybe but it was also a purely honest one. They probably weren't the best reasons for risking her life, but they were her own. And in a way that was better then doing something for wealth or because you were being pushed into it. Or at least that is what she told herself.

A waiter would soon come out with two trays of food. "Here's your food sir, miss." The boy would hand the trays to them both, which made the ravenous teen quite pleased. "Thank you!" She happily chirped out before looking back to the man. "You wanna eat together monsieur Rex? Until your friend gets back?" Food always tastes better with a friend after all and Rex was the cloest thing to a non-stranger here.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:12 pm

"You could put it that way, I suppose." Wasn't entirely wrong, the guy did love to be a purposeful living incarnation of an annoying fly at times. It was a trait one simply had to get used to. "Well...not that we'd have anyone to bet against regardless." Besides, he would prefer to keep his money too, although he didn't think that was a bet he could lose since he was very certain of what was going on here. "Perhaps, or perhaps we simply have different tastes." He would shrug lightly there. How many different types of beans were even there? Unless one was eating ones that were near spoiled, there shouldn't be a very drastic difference...at least, he wouldn't think so.

"Ah." His expression would turn into a more quizzical one as she gave her explanation. "I personally never thought of it that way. For all the talk about how those who perform the job are the saviors and most important ones, I think people are forgetting that all sorts of jobs are necessary and if there were...for example nobody doing that boring shelf stocking job, a lot would grind to a halt all of a sudden. Thus in the end, every type of work is valuable in some way. Perhaps that is just me though...it cannot be denied that a lot of people get easily obsessed with the idea of being heroic." It sounded 'cooler' on paper, and he could sort of understand even though he himself has never quite had the desire to stand out that much. Naturally, he was all for contributing to the running of society, but he didn't feel the need to go for the special position first thing. Even someone who was simply stocking shelves was passively helping those around them by making their experience when shopping and the like smoother and less of a hassle.

At any rate, he would thank the server when their food was brought over, falling into a thoughtful silence for a couple moments at the request. "...I suppose it wouldn't hurt. I'm not exactly in a rush at the moment, since me trying to chase down the rascal would likely be an exercise in futility." It would be far simpler for him to just go on with whatever he was doing until the guy saw it fit to pop back around on his own. That approached lessened the headaches as well.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 5:49 pm

The teenager would simply mimic the man, shrugging at his reply. People seemed to enjoy alot of different food, adults in fact seemed to enjoy things she found vile. The workers always said that those type of foods required a 'refined taste.' Whatever that meant. She never really saw the point of eating something you like so many times you start to love it, that sounds like you're tricking yourself more then anything else. But really, in the end, it did not matter. Even more so at this moment.

The french girl would let out a small little hum. "I never really thought about it like that before." Really she didn't spend much time on dwelling about the importance of such low end jobs. Mostly because there was nothing to think about, when jobs like fighting fires and pace keepers demanded the spotlight. Although she couldn't really claim what Rex was saying was false.  "I mean. I guess so. But I still don't really think it is for me. Like, I don't mean to put anybody down. If they are happy with their life I see no problem with any career they choose, just as long as they don't hurt anybody. I just want to do something a little more........" She stopped herself for a couple of seconds, the young lass trying to summon up the best word to use. "High scale?" That sounded a tad pompous but it would be what she sticks with now. "Like I wanna help a butch of people, and sure like you said I could still help people in smaller ways, but I wanna do it in a really big way! Help as many as humanly possible!" Cherry was quite deadset on becoming a pace keeper and one little comment from a man she just met wouldn't stop her from reaching for her dream job! Even if Rex was almost certainly just making a innocent comment on the matter.

"Awesome! Come on, let's go grab ourselves a seat!" Not missing a beat Cherry would quickly rush over to a vacant table. Taking a seat and placing her tray upon it, not even waiting for the older gentlemen to take a seat before she started to dig into her meal. Reaching into her bag of fries and popping them into her mouth. A pleased look washing over her face as she swallowed them down. "Oh my gosh, these are amazing. Monsieur Rex, you gotta try these out." She suggested before he would take a seat. Although once he did she would stare at his eyes for a few seconds before asking. "Hey. How do you get your eyes like that? Their really cool." Cherry pointed to the place he applied the eyeliner at. Curious about how he pulled it off.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyWed Sep 08, 2021 9:30 pm

"Hmm..." Overextending was possibly concerning, but it wasn't like he could go around telling random people how to live their lives anyway. The idea of joining such ranks seemed to be held in high regards by the majority of the populace, and while he did recognize their usefulness, it was more of a personal sentiment of his to think that hyping the job up as this great goal could actually be damaging at times. It made for a perfect fantasy for youngsters who wanted to do the coolest thing once they grew up, but many of them were probably not even a good fit for such a pressure-heavy job. He was quite sure it wasn't all just heroism and fun, especially when something dire did in fact happen. "Well, good luck I suppose...although I would hope you'd be careful about your own life too. Can't help others if you fall first after all." It would be a shame for it to end like that.

Differences in opinion aside, he wouldn't rush towards the table either, taking calm strides to follow after the energetic girl. He'd give her a questioning look at the sudden praise towards the fries as he set his tray down on the table. "Are you saying these are better than normal, or do you normally not eat this kind of food?" He would think it wasn't too hard to make some potatoes taste fine, but that could also be him simplifying the matter. He was no expert when it came to fast food. Regardless, he would sit down, briefly glancing down at his food before his attention got taken away again with the questioning. "I..simply put on some eyeliner? It's not that difficult once you get the skill down. Just takes a bit of precision with your hands, and preferably a mirror to see what you're doing." He wasn't certain how to explain that, to be honest...seeing as it wasn't really that complicated of a process. Then again, he supposed it was possible to make a detailed essay on how to apply any and all kinds of make-up, if one were super dedicated to it. He never really had to think about how to explain something like that before though.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 2:45 am

Rex was correct about something, becoming a pace keeper was in fact her perfect fantasy. A ultimate goal for the girl to reach, almost to the point of tunnel vision. Although it was not just because it was a cool thing too do, there was more to it then that. Of course in the end Cherry wasn't really willing to share, nor did she assume the man wanted every single reason why she wanted to take the job and saying that Cherry had a warpped view of how this life would actually pan out would be totally and utterly true. Seeing as she hasn't looked into what being a pace keeper is actually like besides the fact that you fight demons, get cool powers, and get your own room in the barracks. "Aww, thanks! But seriously I will be fine, trust me one day I am gonna end up on the news and it isn't going to be because of that!" She didn't spend fiftteen years looking for this legendary city just to be put six feet under AFTER moving here after all. No she was going to stay alive, she had too.

"I have never had these before. Never gotten the chance." The combo of a living out in the wild, then a little orphanage sadly meant that these delightful food items were out of her reach most of the time. Although it was easy to see that she was enjoying most of her meal. The same pleased look appeared on her face as she bit into the hamburger, the only thing she did not seem that big of a supporter was the tea, although even then she did not think it was that bad. Just had a odd flavor that's all. "You have good taste in food monsieur Rex." Cherry praised him before he would answer her question. "Eyeliner? Is that some sort of makeup? Huh, I didn't know boys used makeup." She mused mostly to herself as she crossed her legs together in thought. "I never knew there was another type of makeup, I always thought it was just like those weird brush things that made it look like you were blushing or lipstick." Before this she never really cared much for anytype of makeup, save for naybe nail polish as that could make your nails all sorts of fancy and pretty colors. But now she was starting to grow curious about the whole thing. If they could make your eyes look like that, what else could they do?
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 1:33 pm

The amount of baseless confidence the girl appeared to have was astounding, although it was probably better to have one's spirits high than to be a downer. Unrealistic as it may be to be so focused on an achievement which required far more than simply wanting it. He'd tilt his head in thought. "You seem eager...what will you do if you do not get chosen for the job?" After all, there was absolutely no guarantee that she'd ever make it there. She could get lucky, but it could easily go the opposite way as well and then she would have to settle with one of those jobs she considered boring and not noteworthy.

"I see." He certainly recalled her mentioning she usually went out with supervision, but did that mean she was never allowed to go buy something unless she was on her own like this? Well...he was no stranger to the idea of strict guardians or parents, but he still had to wonder a little bit at least. Curious. Regardless, he would pick up a fry to contemplatively chew on as the topic took a strange u-turn towards make-up. "Ah...well I suppose most do not, though I think some men can make it work..." To be frank, he'd heard comments of that kind before, since most people did seem to think that any sort of make-up or anything even so much as resembling it was a feminine thing to do...but did it really need to be as long as it served its purpose? He didn't even care for the kinds of make up Cherry brought up, in fact. That was a little too much, and when people used it to straight up mask their natural appearance, it was far less attractive in his opinion. His brows would pinch together a bit as he tried to come up with a way to word himself. "There are a few different kinds...although you'd most commonly see people use more mild eye shadows, similar to what those cheek blushes do. I would say what I use is almost closer to face paint. Ultimately, what one chooses to do with their appearance is their own choice, as long as they're willing to accept whatever others may say upon seeing it." You could walk out dressed and dolled up like a clown if you so wished, you'd just have to endure the attention it would get you.
Back to top Go down
Alcor

Alcor

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] EmptyThu Sep 09, 2021 2:07 pm

"I dunno." She never really spared the thought of failure anymind. To her it seemed natural, she'd end up getting the job because she is......... Well her! Surely she wasn't just a normal person, there had to be more hidden underneath the surface and she just needed somebody to yank it out of her. Unleash her true power and then she could be a pace keeper, a hero. Then she'd have her own persona or command demons or whatever and she'd be golden! She would enjoy having a persona more then anything else but from her understanding that wasn't something you could control. But still, with all the thought she put into this, it was a little odd that the thought of failure never once popped up in her mind. She still was confident that there she was special, that there was some kind of inner spark that laid within, but she would really be heartbroken if it didn't work out. "I guess I would do something else that lets me help people, but, I really think everything will work out in the end! It always has after all."

She didn't really have anything against men wearing makeup. She was aware of the fact that most people see the use of makeup as a pretty 'girly' thing to do. But she wasn't the type to look down on a man who did 'girly' things nor would she look down on any woman who was 'manly' on the flip side. Hell, she has heard some people call her a tomboy with how much she enjoys the outdoors, although she wouldn't really agree with that term. In the end, she didn't even fully understand what actions would make somebody more like a 'man' or a 'woman' other then just what other people say. Gender tropes weren't her forte. "Face paint? Like the thing those warriors use when they go out on hunts 'n stuff?" Those were pretty cool, but she always saw those more as tattoo's then paint. "Yeah I agree with you though, people should be allowed to wear whatever they want. Like, I know one girl, her name is Ashley, she is a real big conne." She said before taking a bite out of her hamburgar, her accient briefly becoming thicker as she insulted the girl in her mother tongue.

"Like she acts all better then us because she always covers up. Like, I wore a tanktop out one day and she acted like I was going out in the nude or something, she is ridiculous!"

Last edited by Alcor on Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:04 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]   Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL] Empty

Back to top Go down

Speedy Eat's [Kari and Rex SL]
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next