Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Takuma Long [Persona User]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Diskre

Diskre

Takuma Long [Persona User] Empty
PostSubject: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 7:16 am

Takuma Long
There's nothing more important than protecting those close to you. No matter how much it might pain yourself.

The Biography

Birth Name: Takuma Long
Aliases: Taku
Birth Day: Fifteenth of February.
Arcana: Hanged Man
Place of Residence: Little Tokyo
Evoker: Mental Shackles
Academy Semester: Second Year
Class: -

Sorority: Athletics, School Press.

Part/Full Time Job: Part Time help at his aunt's restaurant; mostly tending to the costumers and such, although he frequently gets the short end of the stick having to do cleaning work.

Appearance: He's a pretty standard guy, all in all. He stands at 71 inches tall, or just about one meter eighty cm. He has brown colored hair with a single auburn strand of hair that he regularly dyes. He has a regular body structure, yet he keeps himself healthy. He's not necessarily a jock, but it looks like he's been hitting the gym.

He weighs around a hundred and forty eight pounds, though he's likely to round that down to 140 if you ask him. His eyes are a dark hazel tone.  

His clothing consists of regular tees and jeans, but he's never missing his blue coat. It's become a sort of lucky charm for him. He's also rarely seen without his golden anchor necklace, a heirloom that always reminds him to keep his feet on the ground.

Appearance:

Alternate Appearance: When he embodies his Persona, though, he does off with the coat and his mask takes a form that resembles a golden helmet; with crystals spurting out of the side. Matter of fact, the golden layer of clothing extends through his whole body, crystals and all. This 'armor' has engravings all over it, though it's mostly for show. The crystals, though, look almost tumor-like on top his body.
Masked Appearance:

Personality: The best word to describe him is stoic, at the least. He's the kind of person to put himself at risk to protect the people he loves. More than once he's been hurt, physically and emotionally just to defend his ideals. He tends to be the voice of reason and is often used as the mediator when there's conflict. At times, he might act rash and display a bit of a "Hero complex" though.

He is more likely to help others reach their goals instead of focusing on his own, maybe even handicapping himself for his friends. That said, Takuma is not one to reach for conflict, or fights. He's actually level headed, and he thinks things through before doing anything. He's a chill guy, enjoying the peace of being with his friends.

The Potential

Strengths:

Strength Name: Ruff Dog
Description: Takuma gets a 15% bonus to PPstr.

Strength Name: Amateur Psychologist
Description: He's used to listening to the problems of his peers, and helping them overcome them. He gets an extra point in Expression whenever he gets one.

Strength Name: Pack Fighter I
Description: Whenever he's in a fight with allies, Takuma receives a 15% bonus to Dex.

Strength Name: Pack Fighter II
Description: When he fights with allies, he gets an extra 10% crit chance.

Strength Name:
Description:

-----
((A floating Strength is a strength you've gained inRP. For example, if you were on a Kendo team for some time, you'd naturally know Kendo which is where this strength would come in. However, be aware, it will not be as strong as any of your actual strengths and is a small plus)

Floating Strength Name:
Description:

Weaknesses:  

Weakness Name: Elementally Inadequate
Description: Takuma gets a 15% debuff to PMstr

Weakness Name: Slacker
Description: Hey, not everyone can pay the same kind of attention at school! This translates to him as a whole though, making him get one point less to Intelligence whenever he gets one, he can't get less than 1, of course.

Weakness Name: Not a lone wolf!
Description: Whenever he's all alone against the enemy, or enemies, he gets a 15% dex debuff.

Weakness Name: Not a lone wolf! II
Description:  Enemies have an extra 10% towards getting critical hits on Takuma if he's fighting on his own.

Weakness Name:
Description:

-----
((A floating weakness is one gained in RP. It could be a fear you inherited during RP, or an injury that hinders your character. Some can be temporary while others can be permanent.)

Floating Weakness Name:
Description:

Soul Bound Weapon:  

Weapon Name: Shinsakuto-era Katana
Weapon Description: It's a regular katana, prime for beginners. It does the job, and it's job is slicing and dicing. It's 73 inches long in total and weighs around 26 pounds. It was a family heirloom.  
Weapon Image:
Spoiler:

Weapon Attack Type: Slash
Weapon Element: -

Side-Arm Weapon:  

Side-Arm Name: Taurus Revolver .38
Side-Arm Description: It's a regular thirty eight caliber Taurus Revolver, not the strongest out there, but it gets the self-defense done.
Side-Arm Image:
Spoiler:

Side-Arm Attack Type: Gun
Side-Arm Style: Revolver - Single Shot - Accuracy is increased by 20%. Consumes only one type of ammo per use. Can shoot only one enemy at a time.

The Background

History: Takuma was born of an japanese mother and an american father. Living in California the first 5 years of his life, his parents had a big fallout, causing a divorce between the couple. This ended up in Takuma's mother taking him to her homeland back in Tokyo, Japan with her, abandoning his dad. She never bothered to explain to him what happened between mom and dad, and she'd always avoid the questions from the boy.

Growing up, Takuma would often get picked on, for being different than the rest, though this didn't bother him much, it made it difficult to make friends, and he would often be pushed into fights against kids older than him. He garnered a bit of a bad rep around the neighborhood, for being 'problematic', although he was just defending himself.

Going through many school transfers, he had a complicated middle school life, and often times his mother considered home schooling him, but it never panned out. When he finally managed to finish middle school, he enrolled in high school, and things went for the better, for a change. He socialized a lot more, started caring a little more about himself and had a neat little group of friends he really cared about. One thing didn't change though, his grades were still pretty mediocre, but it wasn't his biggest concern. He just wanted to spend time with his buds and relax, whenever he was off school. At this point in his teenage life he had barely connected with his mother, it was a good relationship and they cherished their family bond but most of the time their conversations felt awkward and forced, for both parts.

At the age of sixteen though, he received a call from his father. He barely could speak english anymore, but he understood the important part. Taku... I've been diagnosed with lung cancer for a while now... The doctors just told me it's terminal... I... Through weezing and coughing he could finally make out what his father had to say Please come back home... to say goodbye at least He was dead silent. A selfish feeling had just sunk in his mind Why now? I haven't heard a word from him in over ten years and now he drops this on me?.. But he couldn't just let his father down in such a hard moment, maybe it was time to find out what really happened between mom and dad, right? After a long talk with his mother, she agreed to let him leave to say goodbye to his father, with haste he packed his things and left to his homeland.

He arrived at the Endymion airport, California was a few hours away, and he could stay at his aunt's place in the meantime. Soon after settling his room at his aunt's home in (ironically) Little Tokyo, Takuma was inside of his father's room in the hospital. His father asked so many things, he had so many years to catch up on... But his state was clearly poor, and not getting any better. He'd weeze between words and cough between sentences, although he kept a smile when talking to his boy.

Takuma couldn't muster up the courage to ask him about his divorce with mom, so he decided to leave it for another occasion. Listen, Taku... I know I've done you and mom wrong... But please stay here until I'm... He took a deep breath and continued. You can stay at my sister's place, but don't abandon your studies... I plan on fighting this shit until the end, so you'll have to put up with school for a bit... haha... He said with a trembling but confident tone. What could he have done that was so bad? He seems like an alright person. I've spoken with your mom about this... She wasn't happy, I'll tell you that much, but she's not going to object to this. He really was serious about this 'staying here until I die' thing... ...t's your choice, in the end.

Not exactly sure what to do, he just went back to his aunt's place and went straight for the bed. It seems he's here to stay, at least for now.

Last edited by Diskre on Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm

I must say, I’ve not seen a bit of rp in a history in a long time, but it does the job well so good job there.  So…. *leans against scythe and flicks tails*  The app in general is nice, but there is one section we need to tackle: strengths and weakness. The most fun section of the app with all its balancing acts and such. =)

Anywho, Let’s break it down.

—Strength Name: Tough Cookie
—Description: Constantly getting your teeth kicked in in middle school must have a positive effect, right? He gets an extra 2% PEnd every even level (2, 4, 6, and so on).

I am afraid not, my love. We have a formula for both PE and ME. (We can show it to you if you want). Pretty much PE and ME goes up with the HP and SP stats, so there is no way of boosting these stats without the use of an arcana who gives boons to these areas... and with you being Hanged Man...Hehe….Trust us you won’t need any boosts to either if you play your cards right. What you CAN do is maybe give a boost to your ppstr so your persona physical skills do more damage. That is one way of fixing this and if not, you can always find something else to replace this.

—Strength Name: Amateur Psychologist
—Description: He's used to listening to the problems of his peers, and helping them overcome them. He gets an extra point in Expression whenever he gets one.

We suppose this is fine. Since you do get 1 less point in another area.

—Strength Name: Pack Fighter
—Description: Whenever he's in a fight with allies, Takuma receives a 15% bonus to Dex and allows him to perform a second attack with his Soul Bound Weapon per attack post, but this second hit deals 50% the damage of the first, rounding up (so if he attacks twice and deals 15 damage, the second hit would do 8 dmg).

This is too much for one strength and needs to be broken down into two. The first can give him the 15% bonus to dex. The second strength can give him the double strike. We would suggest taking off the whole deal about 50% damage of the first attack since that is making it more complicated than it needs to be. Unless of course you wanted to make that another weakness, but putting your damage out put down like that could be problematic; however, if you wish to play a character like that then we suppose that is your choice and if so you'd need a strength to counter it.

—Weakness Name: Elementally Inadequate
—Description: He's not the biggest friend of the magical side of fighting, you could say that getting mulled over every so often made him more susceptible to elemental harm. He gets 1% MEnd every 12 HP/SP as opposed to 2.

For the reason we stated above, this is a no; however, you can counter with making magical attacks (pmstr) do less from your persona. If not, then you can always replace it with something else.

—Weakness Name: Slacker
—Description: Hey, not everyone can pay the same kind of attention at school! This translates to him as a whole though, making him get one point less to Intelligence whenever he gets one, he can't get less than 1, of course

A fair trade for the above..

—Weakness Name: Not a lone wolf!
—Description: Whenever he's all alone against the enemy, or enemies, he gets a 15% dex debuff, and enemies have 10% more chances of landing a crit on him.

This might be fine if it just ended with the debuff; however, since it has crit added to it maybe make that last strength that boosts his dex rate by 15% could have something that boosts his crit rate by 10% on enemies when in a group and then have this one as its counter? It can work if you can get it to make sense against the strengths you have.

Outside of these things, the app looks good. Fix it all up and let us know so we can look at it again and give you a stamp of approval. (By letting us know we mean placing a post in this thread saying you've fixed or something like that.)
Back to top Go down
Diskre

Diskre

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:21 pm

Edit done!

I admit I went a little ballistic with the strengths, but I wanted to see what kind of crazy gimmicks I could get away with.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:35 pm

Hehe. Well testing the waters is always nice. ^^

It looks good. Except we just forgot one more detail. Endyimon is located in America and is not Japan. Little Toyko is kind of just a district, so just tweak your history a bit to fit the setting. Once you are done, we can give you the approval. Thanks for your patience!
Back to top Go down
Diskre

Diskre

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 3:54 pm

Oh, lol, I just assumed it was in Japan. Well, I just tweaked paternal nationalities a bit.

Edit done.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] EmptyWed Dec 14, 2016 4:53 pm

Yeah typically Persona goes down in Japan, but it is cool. Well now, here ya go! Approved! =)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Takuma Long [Persona User]   Takuma Long [Persona User] Empty

Back to top Go down

Takuma Long [Persona User]
Page 1 of 1