Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

An apology long overdue (Vera)

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

An apology long overdue (Vera) Empty
PostSubject: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyWed Dec 04, 2013 9:13 pm

Gabby didn’t come here often. It was quite a ways out from Iwaigodai, which meant hauling the groceries back would be a pain. But, the food here was better tasting than what she usually bought. Of course, she hadn’t cooked much in the past, so she didn’t know if there was a better market than this. Maybe it was because the place was small and run by people who were most likely more concerned with making customers happy than with making a profit. She wouldn’t complain. The food was some of the best she had ever had. Well, after she cooked it anyway. She picked out the produce and the steak she had heard so much about and paid for it all.

As she went back outside, she sat down at the benches they had. She had to double check and make sure she had remembered to get everything. She nodded at the bag, as it seemed she had gotten everything she needed. Or, she thought so, until she noticed she had no celery. Had they even been selling celery? She had just been in there and she couldn’t remember. She wondered if she could make the meal without celery, since it would be strange or her to go back in there right after leaving. She leaned back in the seat and looked up at the sky. This shouldn’t have been as hard a decision as she was making it.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 6:06 pm

Vera Valentina, who had been misnamed as "Ms. Violet", had more chores she had to do for her family. Getting off the bus infront of the Satoshi Market, Vera would reach into her pocket and look at her grocery list. This was going to be a short trip, so hopefully she could enjoy the warm weather. The girl wore her spring outfit, consisting of her usual violet colored skirt, matching knee high boots, and a simple white short sleeved top. She carefully read the list as she walked to the front door of the Market. During spring time it was rather busy, even after the constant strangeness going on throughout Ueitawa, and their daughter's predicament. Vera's violet eyes looked towards the door before they wandered towards the various tables surrounding the store. Her eyes came upon the young looking boy, who was really a boy, sitting at a bench and looking up towards the sky. Something about this person made her feel nostalgic, but she couldn't put her finger on it. Infact, she couldn't remember... Reaching into her shirt she would remove her small journal and begin to skim through the pages. Maybe there was something that would remind her of this person. As she flipped through, she noticed various pages ripped from her book, and names scratched out. She thought nothing of it, but why did she get such a nostalgic feeling from this person?

Closing her book, Vera would place it back within her shirt as she'd turn towards the door. At this precise moment it would swing open and knock her backwards, causing her to stumble back into the bench where Gabriela currently sat. The violet haired girl placed her hand on the bench's backside to regain her footing before looking towards the blonde and giving a slight bow. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to get in your way." Vera spoke in clumsy Japanese as she bowed her head and looked back towards the doorway that sent her stumbling backwards. Moving a strand of hair behind her ear, she made a motion as if she were about to head back towards the doorway.

Weakness:
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyFri Dec 06, 2013 10:25 pm

Gabby would look up at the voice speaking to her in awkward Japanese. It had been a long time since she heard this person speak Japanese, especially since they usually spoke English to each other, but she couldn’t forget that face. She nearly began to cry when she saw her. How long had it been since they first started fighting? She was so happy to finally see her again that she stood up as fast as she could, letting her bag fall to the ground, “Vera!” She blushed upon realizing how loud she had been. A quick glance around proved that no one had thought anything of it though, which made her sigh with relief. She would go up the violet haired girl and, despite if she was now looking Gabby’s way or not, would begin speaking, “Vera, I haven’t seen you in a long time.” The words were coming out in English, since she knew Vera was more comfortable with it, “You haven’t been coming to school and, well, your phone…” She didn’t want to repeat what happened that day, “I’m so sorry. I’ve wanted to apologize for a long time now; I just couldn’t find you because I didn’t know where to look. I’m so sorry for what I said that day. I know I can’t just ask for your forgiveness, but I want to at least stop avoiding each other. Please?” She was trying her hardest to keep her voice from wavering. She really had missed Vera, and had felt guilt over what happened. She just wanted it to end.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 6:30 pm

When Vera looked at the young fellow, and how (s)he stood up and shouted her name, the violet haired girl's face would tint red before looking away. People weren't looking in their direction but Vera couldn't help but give a slight whimper at the embarrassment. Who was this boy, and how could he be so brave as to announce her name? Was this what her aunt had told her about confessions? She didn't know him, so why? No, it couldn't have been that. He must have been someone who wanted to make her embarrassed infront of everyone. Yes, those pessimistic thoughts of hers did make her slightly cautious at this person who apparently knew her, but she did not know them. When Gabby closed distance between them, the violet haired girl took a half a step back out of being nervous, but kept eye contact with him(her). "Haven't seen me in a long time.. ?" Vera was confused by this. That must have meant they had met before. She went on to talk about how she hadn't been going to school, which Vera did remember. The thief moved a strand piece of hair behind her ear. She couldn't exactly remember why she stopped going to school... Was it the power she had come across, or maybe because she knew being at the school was dangerous with a killer walking the halls? Vera honestly could not remember exactly..

Then the mention of the phone. The violet haired girl did notice she couldn't find her cellphone recently, but why? Ugh, what was going on? To make things even more confusing, the fellow began to apologize for something. This caused Vera to blink absentmindedly before placing a hand on her chest in confusion. "Umm, I'm sorry... Where have we met? What are you apologizing for? You apparently know me, but I can't say I know you. You wouldn't happen to be one of those boys who leave love letters in foot lockers are you?" At the last comment, Vera began to fiddle her fingers infront of her chest as her violet eyes looked to the side and a red tint came across her face.
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Dec 07, 2013 7:26 pm

Gabby could feel her heart breaking as she heard the first words out of Vera’s mouth. She should have known she would have been forgotten, considering she knew about Vera’s memory. She blinked a few times before looking at the ground. Her face turned red from being called a boy. It didn’t really bother her before, but she knew Vera from before and she had never called Gabby a boy before, “My name is Gabby. I’m a girl from your class at Kizuna Academy. We met on your first day.” She reached into her bag and pulled out her phone. She had taken a picture on that day, just like Vera had. She debated showing the violet haired girl the picture, but she didn’t know just how she would feel about it. She wanted her friend back, but it was obvious that she was no longer in her memory, “I suppose you wouldn’t remember after that day. We had a pretty bad fight, after all.”

She flipped through the pictures on her phone and found the one where she had surprised Vera and taken one of them together. She then held it out to her, “You can look at this if you want. I don’t know if you’ll want to though. It’s your choice.” Whether she looked or not, Gabby would go on, “I said something that day, and you got mad at me for it. I’ve been meaning to apologize since then, but, like I said, I couldn’t find you.” She would finally look straight at Vera and smile, “I guess what I said that day was pretty dumb. I just don’t want to be in a fight with my friend anymore. Well, I guess you don’t remember me anyway, so my apology won’t mean much to you now. I’m just happy I finally got to say that I’m sorry.” After that, she would go silent, waiting for the other girl to say anything. The moments of quiet in between would make her uncomfortable, but she could wait.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyMon Dec 09, 2013 7:11 pm

Miss Violet's eyes would widen when the fellow revealed themself to be a girl, and a previous acquaintance of her own. They had apparently met the first day of school, though Vera could not recall such an event. Removing her journal from her shirt, the violet eyed girl began to flip through the pages detailing the date, yet the page had been removed from her journal. This caused her to bite her lip out of slight annoyance not remembering that day. Then with the next comment, things started to add together. They had a fight, and knowing she was she must have deleted this girl and everything about her from memory. Vera was rather quiet throughout this, even when the other lifted her phone up towards her. Looking at the picture with squinted eyes, the thief tilted her head. The picture looked real, so they had really met that day. Vera's eyes looked back towards her younger other with slight interest. "What did you say to make me want to erase you from my memory?" The young female was rather confused as she crossed her arms beneath her chest and looked over to the side in thought. None of this was ringing a bell to her, but for some reason she felt as if everything was the truth. That inner voice she held ever since gaining her Persona was most likely the cause of this. There was no inner turmoil when it came to this other, nor did Vera despise her. Perhaps because she couldn't even recall how close they really were to begin with. As a thief she doubted her old self before the memory wipe would have gotten involved with someone outside of her own family. Especially with her family trade at stake. But for some reason this picture said otherwise. It was strange.
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyTue Dec 10, 2013 4:13 am

Gabby looked away nervously when Vera asked what she had said to lead to a fight, “Honestly, you never gave me a straight answer on that. I’m kind of going off an educated guess. You got really quiet at first and then started telling me that I am nothing more than just a student at the academy. The only thing I can think of that I said along those lines was that I was worried because you--” She shut herself up before looking around to make sure no one was listening to her. It seemed that, as far as the rest of the world was concerned, they were just two girls speaking to each other. She would be quiet anyway, “You went into Limbo. I said that you should worry more about protecting yourself than defending me. I mean, I have my own Persona after all.” She would look away at this point. She was trying very hard to relive, or repeat, that day. She needed to remember everything that happened though, “Before that, we were talking about going to the carnival in Yoro, at some point. That, and you invited my to stay with you and your aunt at some point if I need to. Though, I don’t think I could ever do the later…” She truly did not know why Vera was so angry with her. She had always assumed it was about their Personas, since that’s what Vera seemed to react the most to, “That’s about when the fighting started.” She would silence herself right there. She didn’t know what else she could say. No matter how much she had thought about it, she couldn’t come to a different conclusion. She never would have guessed it was something she said half in passing and was the result of her poor word choice.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Dec 14, 2013 9:06 pm

Vera's eyes would widen slightly at the mention of Limbo. This young girl was also a Persona-User? Vera tried desperately to remember that event completely, and it caused sharp pains in her head to where she rubbing her temple and made a slight gasping noise. Where she couldn't remember, her own Persona did. Everything this girl had begun to say was now making sense. Those memories she had lost were being pushed forcefully back into her skull thanks to Laverna's work, and it began to give Vera a throbbing headache. The young thief wobbled for a second before walking over to the bench and taking a seat to regain her composure. "I remember... Gabriela." Yes, even though Vera had forgotten, Laverna was a fickle one aswell. It could not simply let its master delete such memories, so it went against her wishes and kept the memories intact for this moment.

The violet haired thief crossed her arms and closed her eyes when she recalled exactly why she was so hurt that day on the bridge. "Gabriela, thanks to my family and my background, I do not have many friends. Infact, it's against family custom to get friends because of our unique... trade. So when I found you, I was getting alittle overzealous. I wanted to introduce you to my aunt but... I was not thinking. I must have come off weird, and for that I apologize. You shouldn't waste your time on me, Gabriela." Vera stood up from the bench and placed a hand on her hip. "It'd be better if we weren't friends, right? Atleast then you wouldn't have to deal with me. Surely you saw that strange webshow about me. I'm no good for you, Gabriela. You should stick close to blondie instead."
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySun Dec 15, 2013 8:35 pm

Gabby could only stare as Vera went to a bench to sit down. She didn’t understand what was going on, but she wasn’t going to question it. Then, Vera said her name. Gabby’s smile grew slowly in joy as her friend remembered her. She could only sigh in relief at the situation and stop herself from crying in happiness, “Thank goodness. I was afraid you’d never remember me and we’d have to meet all over again.” She caught what she said and fixed it quickly, “I mean, I wouldn’t mind, but I don’t know how you’d feel about having another staring contest. Then again, we could meet in a different way.” Her speech was obviously speeding up and she could only blame it on her nerves. She would finally shut herself up when Vera started talking.

As she listened to the purple haired girl’s concern, she could only give a straight face with no emotion attached to it. She didn’t know if she should laugh because of how ridiculous it sounded, or cry because of how sad it seemed. The only thing she could do was speak, “If that’s how you feel, I won’t waste my time.” She flipped through her phone to find the calendar function, “Now, is there a day that you want me to meet your aunt, because I seem to be free almost everyday of the year.” She closed her phone and but it away, “What I mean to say is, being with you isn’t a waste of my time. We’re friends, and I promised to be on your side. I chose to be your friend, and I’m not going to change my mind just because you say it may not be a good idea.” She nodded, “Besides, I wouldn’t take advice from that webshow. It obviously wasn’t you. Even you have to know that.”
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyWed Dec 18, 2013 11:41 am

Vera was rather quiet through Gabriela's words, and her eyes drifted off to the side so she did not need to make eye contact with her younger classmate. She respected that Gabriela wanted to do an apology, but for some reason the violet girl was indifferent to it all. One side of her did miss the illusion of friendship because she had never had friends, and the other side wanted to turn her back to the whole notion. They only hurt you, as she had felt before when Vera decided to erase the girl from her life entirely. Even with Gabriela offering to meet her Aunt, the thief raised her hands over her chest, as if attempting to a barrier between herself and the blonde, to give time to think. Her pessimistic side was crawling out, and she only thought the worst of this situation. She didn't want to be hurt again. "That's not necessary, Gabriela. Honestly, maybe I was rushing things with wanting you to meet my family. For now, we can just stay classmates, and teammates when it comes to the Shadows. I'd rather not be hurt again. Even I'm human." Vera straightened her back as if finding some confidence in herself while crossing her arms beneath her chest. "And yes, you're right. That webshow is a hoax. I've been trying to think of who runs or hosts it, but sadly I'm not technical enough to trace the origin. If possible, I'll help the other children, but before that I need to know what they're fighting for. I might aswell ask you right now... What are you fighting for, Gabriela?" The thief looked her classmate in the eyes with a blank expression, awaiting some kind of answer.
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 3:57 am

“What am I fighting for?” She repeated the question as though she didn’t understand the question. She had never thought about it before. She moved her eyes back and forth trying to find the answer in her head. She knew it was there, but it sounded so plain. She didn’t know if Vera would take her seriously or think she was playing a joke on her, “You promise not to laugh?” Her answer would change based on the girl’s answer. She thought of Vera as her friend, and she wouldn’t lie to her, “I’m just fighting for a place to live.” She didn’t know if that made sense, “I mean, I want to keep our home safe, but that’s all. I feel bad that I can’t say anymore than that.” She wondered if she should tell Vera what had happened. In the end, it would be better, “Something happened recently. The world turned red and Lori, Kogami, and I had to fight some shadows. I didn’t think that could happen, but I’m worried about the future if it keeps happening.”
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySat Dec 21, 2013 1:42 pm

Vera kept her arms crossed as her eyes shifted over to her corners. She listened to Gabriela's words and why she fought, and the pale russian gave a sigh. That was probably the best answer she had heard so far, and it was much better than blondie's. "I guess that answer is better than nothing, Gabriela." The thief responded with a calm tone as she shook her head. However, her brow would raise would Gabriela continued on to tell her about what appeared to be a red zone. Vera stroked her cheek in question, as this wasn't the first time she had heard about this. Though she didn't take it seriously, the Crawling Chaos gave warning that such things would begin to happen more and more frequently thanks to the doorways of Limbo weakening. Every time the Users went through the doorway, it allowed alittle piece of Limbo to leak out into the real world, and now it was starting to get to the point where it was a real danger. Vera remained quiet as she thought about this, and her eyes looked back up to Gabriela after a few seconds. "I see. Well, that's interesting." The young female chose not to share what she knew with Gabriela. Perhaps before, when she depended on the younger female, she would have shared everything. But now she was more cautious of her. It wasn't like she did not like her anymore, it was more of the fact she didn't want to subject herself to being hurt if Gabriela planned to break her heart again. "And how are the others doing? I take it you speak to them alot?"
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptySun Dec 22, 2013 12:53 am

For some reason, she had expected Vera to have a bigger reaction to the Red Zones than dull surprise. Maybe she just didn’t care, but Gabby wasn’t one to judge. More than anything, all she could do was think. Then Vera asked her if she was still in contact with the others, “I suppose you could say that. After the Red Zone, we went our separate ways and haven’t seen each other since. Really, the only one I have consistency with is Lori.” She smiled at Vera from ear to ear, “She’s the one who helped me figure out how to apologize to you. I mean, I’ve never really had friends before, so I’ve never had an argument with one. I needed to know how to say I was sorry.” She could suddenly feel herself getting uncomfortable, especially with the question inside of her building up, “Um… I can’t spend the night at your house, but if you wan, you could come over to mine sometime.” She looked down at the ground and started twirling her thumbs, “You didn’t come to the part, after all, so you’ve never seen it. I get it if you don’t want to come, since Iwaigodai is covered in so much fog, but I think it would be fun.” She looked up quickly to see what Vera’s reaction to her statement would be.
Back to top Go down
Sakura

Sakura

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 3:17 pm

Blondie, huh? So those two really are close friends. It must be nice. Vera thought this to herself as her eyes wandered away from the girl infront of her. Those pessimistic views were still plaguing her mind as a swelling bit of jealousy started to form in her gut. It was obvious their friendship would not work like the one she had with Blondie, so why try to change that? She was so strange. When she offered Vera to come over to her house, the thief moved a strand of hair behind her hair and began to kneed it between her fingers. Since she was rather pale, it was easy to see a bit of red forming over her nose in forms of a blush, but nothing more. "G-Go over your house? Why would I do s-something such as that?" Vera struggled with her words. "I mean if you really want me to go to your house, then I g-guess I could! Not like I really wanted to or anything!" Her voice was raising alittle, but it was obvious she was getting nervous. "Just promise something. That you won't hurt me like that again.." Vera continued to twirl her hair among her finger, still looking down to the ground, not looking towards her classmate.
Back to top Go down
Gabby A.

Gabby A.

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) EmptyMon Dec 23, 2013 10:58 pm

Gabby was starting to feel really embarrassed as Vera told her she would go to her house, but didn’t necessarily want to. The only thing she could do was turn her face away, “I never meant to hurt you.” She knew it didn’t mean anything for her to say that, but she meant it, “I would never want to hurt someone I care about.” Gabby would take a pen and a piece of paper out of her bag and write down her address and phone number. She then handed in over to Vera, “In case you forgot. You can come over whenever you want. I don’t mind you even just barging in if you want.” She picked up her bags of food and waved, “I hope to see you around school again. You’ll be held back a year at this rate.” She waved to Vera and went off on her own.

{EXIT}
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: An apology long overdue (Vera)   An apology long overdue (Vera) Empty

Back to top Go down

An apology long overdue (Vera)
Page 1 of 1