Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
A Poolside Story EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
A Poolside Story EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
A Poolside Story EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
A Poolside Story EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
A Poolside Story EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
A Poolside Story EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
A Poolside Story EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
A Poolside Story EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
A Poolside Story EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

A Poolside Story

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 11:50 am

It was a beautiful day in Ueitawa when Genji had to spend part of his day working at the Nokawia Public Pool. He didn't mind working there, he loved it a lot. It gave him the ability to do something that he loved to do, swimming! Being an employee, he gets free access to all of the facilities when he is not working there, he can even swim on his break if he wants to, it just all works out for him. They pay him well, so he can function on his own without his parents, it was everything he could ask for.

The pool was large, but not quite Olympic size. The walls of the main pool area were painted in a luxurious blue, with sea foam green trim. Maybe they weren't the best colors together, but not al rich people have taste, it seems. Even though they might not have taste, the owners do have a lot of money to spend on the pool. Many jacuzzis lined the outer reaches of the pool area, they were all functional and had bubbles, which Genji would relax in after a long days work. The pool area was next to the saunas and changing rooms, they were each gender separated. The saunas were rather large, being able to fit about twenty five people in them. The changing rooms were also large, each with their own laundry facilities that could wash and dry swimsuits very quickly, for a fee, of course. The pool was large and expensive, but that was Nokawia's style.

Genji sat up on the guard tower, overseeing the large pool. He did this most of the time, sometimes, he even gets to teach swimming lessons to those who sign up for the class, but that doesn't happen so much in the winter, simply because not many people wanted to swim in the winter, only the really dedicated people did. Even with the less amount of admission, Genji still held down his job here. Genji yawned as he stretched out at the guard tower. It was a slow day, so he didn't even have to do much. He was in uniform, his usual red swimming trunks and sandals. He scratched his bare stomach as he wondered if anyone he knew would come to the pool today.
Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 12:47 pm

Ejji Reiguu did not particularly like the cold of the winter, but he did not bother much by commenting on it whenever he went outside. A minor thing such as cold temperature was not something Ejji would let himself complain about, lest he ridicule himself. That was why he proceeded towards the front entrance of the Nokawia Public Pool with as much haste as he could muster, without breaking into a run and possibly embarassing himself in front of other people. The good thing was - the distance between the car that brought him here - his limo - and the doors was short.

After emerging from withing the changing rooms, where he had left his belonging Ejji made his way towards the edge of the central pool. Clad in only his royal blue, knee-long swimming shorts and a small amulet around his neck (his ear piercings long like a part of him), a gift from his mother, he did have to admit to himself... he looked good. And he loved the fact. After all - he came to the pool for multiple reasons. One was, of course, to swim and relax, which he enjoyed doing very much. It served as both excercise and good past-time. Two was to be able to look at girls in their swimsuits. Naturally - he had the mind to do it discreetly, so as not to attract unwanted attention and bad reputation. And lastly - he liked to be admired. He wasn't really ripped or anything, but well-fit enough to attract attention of the opposite gender to himself. He would never admit it, but he liked to be admired, as he thought he deserved. Besides - he didn't spend his time and effort on looks for nothing!

So here was Ejji now, thinking whether to swim for a bit, or go into a separate jacuzzi for some warmth and relaxation. A truly tough choice - since he didin't exactly knew what he preferred right now.
That was when his roaming eyes fell upon the guard tower by the pool. Even from this distance Ejji could clearly see a familiar face. Now he remembered! That was where!

With a neautral expression on his face, Ejji began walking towards the tower. It wouldn't be proper not to greet a new... friend. Ejji still supressed a cringe at that thought. He just wasn't used to it. But maybe he would be.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:14 pm

Genji glanced around the pool once more to see if anything interesting was happening. There were a few kids splashing each other, but not in a way that was obnoxious or would make him scold them. A few people were in the swimming lines, practicing their speeds and racing each other. A person just did a "can opener" off of the diving boards into the pool. Nice, her form was great and everything! I few people were hanging off to the sides of the pool, just lounging and chatting with their friends. Other people were in pool chairs, relaxing and talking to others. There were a few people in a Jacuzzi, but they weren't really as crowded as Genji would think. I few people walked in and out of the saunas.

It was when he glanced over towards the changing room entrance that he saw the familiar face from school. It was none other than Ejji-san! Genji's mood brightened almost instantly. He was getting bored, there was nothing to do except wait for his break, and so seeing a friend was truly a breath of chlorinated air for him. As Ejji drew closer, Genji started to climb down the rather short guard tower to greet him. He climbed down a few steps, and then jumped off, landing with a flop from his sandals. He fixed the whistle around his neck, since it went behind him with the jump, then walked over to Ejji and greeted him.

"Hello Ejji-san," he said with a large smile on his face. "It's nice to see you again. What brings you here today?" Like Genji didn't already have a guess as to why Ejji was at a public pool, but it was always nice to hear a response. It would be even cooler if it was a different story. Genji quickly glanced at his watch and saw that it was almost time for his break, so he could even use some of his work time talking to Ejji and even take a break afterwards!

Genji glanced over to his new friend, who was wearing blue swimming shorts and a small amulet around his neck. He noticed something. He didn't want to admit it, he would probably never say it out loud, but Ejji was actually kind of attractive. He didn't spend much time looking at his friend's body, so he just said something to distract himself. "You're just in time, my break is soon, so I guess I won't be bored after all." Genji chuckled to himself, almost completely forgetting some of the most awkward seconds of his life, only to be shared with himself.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 1:44 pm

Ejji allowed his face to soften out a bit as Genji greeted him. It would be a good step in getting to know each other, and reduce any possible hostility that might be present between them. Ejji, however, doubted that would happen, since the other boy seemed to be genuinly happy to see him. Well, he guessed he was somewhat pleased to see a familiar face as well. Listening carefully, the Reiguu made sure to reply to all the questions.

"Greetings, Genji-san." Ejji decided to go with this honorific, since he found it weird to call him sempai, and "-kun" was too familiar a suffix to be used at the present time. "I am here to relax and excercise. I attend the pool quite often." he looked aside, taking in the scene of the indoor pool, and then turned back to Genji, raising a brow in the slightest of amusement. "I also had a feeling I have seen you somewhere else when we met in school. It seems I have seen you here before."

It was a good thing that Genji's break was pretty soon. They could... dare he say it - hang out for a bit? He would like that, since it would mean he had a familiar face to concentrate on, and not accidentally end up in a crowd or something. Ejji hated crowds. In that aspect Nokawia was the best place - everyone liked to stand alone, not mingling into a crowd. Individuality was everywhere here.
But back to the matter at hand...

"I suppose we could spend some time in mutual company. If you're not against it, that is?" Ejji never said the words "hang out". They were ill-suited for him.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:04 pm

...Yeah, come to think about it, we probably did see each other a lot before meeting each other. I just never knew that you went to Kizuna. Small world after all, huh," Genji asked Ejji as he remembered his days at the pool. A white haired boy wasn't someone to look over, but with all that was going on in his life; he wasn't really surprised that he forgot about him. He was glad that he met him, though. Now work may be a little more enjoyable than normal, since he comes more often than most people.

Then it got awkward again. Mutual company? That was kind of formal. Was he trained to be this way? Genji certainly didn't know. He was thinking of joking around with Ejji about it, but he figured that it wasn't a good idea. Genji knows well that commenting on Ejji as a person was definitely something that shouldn't be joked around with. He seems to be the type to take very good care of that kind of stuff. Genji just ended up brushing it off. He then said to Ejji, "Yeah, we can spend some time here. It would make it a lot more fun." He chose his words carefully, hoping not to offend him or anything like that. Genji didn't like offending people; he tried to be a relatable person.

Genji glanced at his water proof watch again and remembered about the book. He turned it in a little while ago, but he never had the chance to thank Ejji for it, so now would be a good time right when his break was about to start. "Thanks again for the books. I got a good score on my presentation, thanks to the books you pulled for me. I turned them back in as well, you probably already know that. It's nice to be on time for things." Ejji really knew his literature! Everything that Genji needed for the presentation was right there; he was excited to see it got him the best score in his class. He worked hard on the presentation.

It was about time for break and taking a break a minute or two early wasn't going to kill anyone, it's not like he was changing out of his uniform. Genji asked Ejji, "I am going on break about now, so I can do something, if you like, what do you want to do?" Genji loved everything about this pool, so he was game for anything, really.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:28 pm

"I am glad that I was of some help." Ejji nodded, feeling pride swell up at the fact. He had known that the books were returned, but he didn't actually know if they helped Genji or not. Even with the right materials it still took effort and a correct approach to the subject to get a good score. It seemed that his new friend had some academic talent. How much was unknown for now, and it wasn't like Ejji needed to know. Frankly - he didin't care.

Then Genji announced that his break was starting right now. Ejji had to think on this one. The pool had enough activites available for them to participate in, or they could simply get some light snacks. The people attending the pool would spend a lot of time here, and no one really came in here with homemade lunches or anything. So in case anyone got hungry - a snack bar was installed in one of the corners of the pool area, not too far away from the doorway that led to the solarium section of the pool building. There was also a sauna area, but that was a bit further, and Ejji wasn't a fan of sauna - he liked his air fresh and breathable.
Ejji looked at Genji and gestured to the side, in the direction of the previously mentioned snack bar.

"It has been a while since I ate. A light snack is something I need." Ejji concluded, not wasting any time and setting off in the chosen direction. He didn't even think that Genji could have second thoughts or an another idea, but Ejji didn't notice thee selfishness in his actions.

He expected the other boy to follow, and so continued to talk. Which was unusual for him, except that he was explaining his reasons. "Usually I eat before going to the Pool, but today our cook caled in sick and Shizuka, one of my personal maids took it upon herself to make a meal for me. She may be cute, and an expert at cleaning, but her cooking skills are not one of her accomplishments. That is why I had to skip lunch today. A pity, but nothing to worry about - I do not consider this a sebtack." he looked back, only now wondering if his friend was following. "I could go without food for two days if I so desired. That is, however, foolish and thus not a correct thing to do."

Coincidentally, he stopped in front of the snack bar. "Is there something you want? I shall provide the money."

He needed to be a generous friend, right? That's what people said, he recalled.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 2:48 pm

Genji followed behind Ejji as he went towards the snack bar. He listened as Ejji told him about his problem and why he wanted to get something at the snack bar. If anything, he didn't need to explain why he was hungry, everyone gets hungry, no one stopping that, but Genji found it nice that Ejji wanted to tell him anyway. In some way, it seems like he's trying to build a friendship with him. Genji was shocked when Ejji told him that he had a cook, he was even more shocked when Ejji told him that he had a maid. He could have fell over when he realized that Ejji had more than one maid. Genji wondered how rich this guy was. It was true that the people from Nokawia are usually richer than most Ueitawains, but he was loaded! Genji couldn't keep his shock in and started asking Ejji about it.

"Cook?! Maid?! Multiple maids?! Wow Ejji-san, you are rich! I knew that the people of Nokawia were wealthy, but you blow that out of the water! I didn't know you were that rich... Wow, I never met anyone with a chef and maids before. It's much different from me; I live alone and have to work to stay on the dorms, plus food and stuff like that. You're lucky." Genji thought about it, whether he was jealous of someone like Ejji, who had it all. He smiled to himself. He realized that he wasn't really jealous, Genji liked the thought of being independent and making enough money for himself. He was happy for Ejji and his wealth, some people have it better in other areas than others, it seems.

They got to the snack bar and Genji got nervous. The food here was always so expensive; he didn't like buying the food here. This was the only thing that he didn't get for free, simply because the prices would make the owners lose money if they gave it away. Genji was about to tell him that he brought his own lunch when Ejji told him that he would pay for his food. Genji's heart skipped a beat. The food was expensive, but it was also extremely delicious. He thought about declining, but that might hurt Ejji's feelings, so he decided on a small sandwich, when he was ready he told Ejji,

"Oh, wow, thank you very much, Ejji-san. I'm really grateful, I just want one of the sandwiches, if you don't mind, the egg sandwich one. Thanks for being generous, I never have money to buy any of this stuff, I usually pack my own lunch, thank you thank you!" Genji did a quick bow to Ejji, it wasn't low, but it was noticeable. He was very grateful to his new friend, usually richer people like him were stuck up and didn't like be generous with their money. Ejji seemed to be the exception in Genji's eyes.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:23 pm

Ejji looked at Genji with a note of understanding and a bit of pity. He tried not to show it thought, but maybe emotions would flicker just for a split second. It was really a shame that his new friend knew nothing of how much money was circulating just outside, in the Nokawia Town. Usually those people that had dealings with the residents of this town had a rough idea that the people who lived here were those who had a long standing and history in the region. Some were, however, newcomers, who had come to live the luxury town from places close and distant.
Ejji saw it as correct to elaborate on the situation, just as he ordered the sadwich Genji desired and a few others for him - meat, cheese and crab. Two crabs, actually. He especially loved the crab meat ones.

"You see, Genji-san..." he began, taking the plate and walking up to one of the empty tables with seats nearby. He set the plate, holding their meals on the center of the table and deftly took a seat on a chair of his choosing. He decided to keep his back to the pool, allowing Genji to watch the area while eating. This would be prudent. "... I am not the only one who has great amounts of wealth in this town. Many can claim to have connections, well-established trade, reputation or simply inheritance." he paused, taking the cheese sandwich in his hand, carefully, and crossing one of his legs over the other. "My family simply has all of them, combined."

Ejji could really say with certainty that he could trust this information to Genji. And it wasn't like nobody knew of this, since the Reiguu were famous both in Nokawia and beyond. He took a bite and chewed, thinking of what to explain next. Ah, yes.

"The Reiguu Family were a part of the founding families in this region, and all of their decendants can be easily recognized. With this." then Ejji pointed at his hair, a distinct trademark of his lineage. "As for the treat. There's no need to thank me. I was... just doing what was right." Ejji couldn't keep the small blush from his cheeks. He was not used to this level of gratitude. And his last phrase sounded a bit weaker than usual, since he was making a guess.
He hated feeling weak like this, so he swiftly composed himself.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 3:42 pm

Genji was excited to be in the presence of royalty, it seems. Ejji was a part of a large clan of people who founded the region! That was impressive. Apparently all of the Reiguu clan had the white hair as a symbol of their lineage. Genji wondered to himself what it would be like to be a part of one of those families, but he was kind of glad that he wasn't at the same time. He imagined himself being put through all of that pressure in order to be accepted by the family. Being gay would probably be suicide within the family. Yet it seems that Genji committed suicide in his family as well by being gay. He figured it wouldn't matter whether one is rich or poor, it was just how messed up the family was. Genji's family could definitely be put into the category of being messed up.

Genji sat there trying to think of something to Ejji, but had hard time thinking about something to say. He then thought of something and opened his mouth. "I'm so glad that I get to be in the presence of royalty. I never knew that I would be with friends with someone as powerful as you are, Ejji-san. I wonder what it would be like to have all of the power that you do; it must be a lot of pressure huh?" Genji didn't know what his life was like, he never would, but he was hoping that Ejji could trust him enough to tell him. Genji wasn't asking because he was nosy, rather, because he was interested in his new friend. Genji is a fixer, so being able to help someone out that he just met is a nice thing to do.

Ejji also told him that he was just doing the right thing when he treated Genji to the food. Genji could even see his blush for a split second before it vanished. Deep down, Ejji probably knew that it was good to be generous, that's why he did it. It made Genji wonder if Ejji didn't do things like that often, or if he ever did it at all before Genji. Genji smiled to Ejji and said, "I always like doing the right things; it makes the world a better place, after all. I don't want to get caught up in a bad world, that's not fun, nor is it happy for many people. We need more people like you in this world, so that the world can be a nicer place. Today with all of the corruption and stuff, it is hard to see the good in people, you know?" Genji was very serious about it, he was happy that he met someone as generous as Ejji.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:16 pm

"We are not really royalty. Although we are well known." Ejji admitted with a small shrug. He listened to his friend talk, slowly taking off bits of his sandwich until it vanished from his hands. His mood was steadily improving, both from the conversation and the food. That saying about the man's stomach was true, after all. Ejji would always be a little more patient and accepting after a nice meal. Well - he had a few more sandwiches do deal with here.

But then Genji had to go and speak about pressure. There was no pressure. Ejji was neve pressured into doing anything - he had only duties, only responsibilities he had to uphold. He was tasked with learning everything and doing everything he was supposed to know and do when he would reach certain ages in his life - nothing more and nothing less.
Ejji's face reverted back into his usual cold and concentrated expression. It wasn't much of a change, but Genji certainly could notice. Not that Ejji knew, or thought about that right now.

"Pressure? I certainly have no idea what you are talking about." he crossed his arms, the sandwiches momentarily forgotten. "My family and those around them simply have standards. That is all." he finished, a slight growl in his voice.

He didn't want to talk about it. He didn't wish to admit it, to think even for a second about his real feeling, somewhere there, in the deep. That sometimes he felt like he was in over his head in this, that he was weak, unable to be the Heir everyone wanted him to be. He so desperately wanted to be stronger. But he would never go into that train of thought - he was strong, he was reliable, he was versatile. He was all these things!

The Reiguu heir decided not to dwell on that for long, going over to safer topics. That was just a wrong question - it was all. It was no big deal. his point already made, Ejji spoke again, reaching for the crab sandwich.

"This world..." he began, thinking. He could share a bit of his views, could he not? Certainly no harm in that. "... is a cruel, bad place to live in. Most people do not meet... my expectations. Many do not realize their own foolishness, their sins - until there is too late. Some do not care even if they realize. Such a world... is an ugly world. But..." he nodded his head, still not biting into his snack. "... there is some beauty in it. And virtue. Good people."

He concluded, finally starting his second sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 4:38 pm

"I guess some of us are luckier than others, it must be nice to not have any," Genji said, a little upset. If anything, he was just upset over bringing the topic up, to have any progress of improving the mood go down the drain. He felt guilty. What an idiot he was. Nice job, Genji, you messed up again. The words and thoughts flooded his head. If anything, it wasn't his fault, it was really a problem of Ejji's not Genji's, but he wouldn't hear that, he wouldn't think it, nor would he see it. Genji glanced down at his sandwich for a few seconds; he noticed that he was just nibbling a little bit at a time at it.

He was thinking of a way to try and fix it. His buddy probably thought of him as a fool that he was going on about a few seconds ago, that there are so many foolish people in this world. Genji thought of himself as one, not even being able to keep a good conversation going without messing something up. He messed up a lot of things in his life, like his parent's marriage, his sexuality, now moods of people that he barely knew. He seemed to feel as if he messed up a lot of things. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. He didn't know. Sometimes, he didn't care. He was about to change the subject, to run away like he always does from his guilt, but that's when someone screamed for help.

Genji got up immediately. He looked over to the guard's tower to find no one there. His eyes widened, why wasn't someone there?! He immediately kicked off his sandals and ran towards the pool looking for whoever was in trouble. He quickly found one of the kids that were splashing each other earlier, except he was in the deeper end of the pool, the very deep end. He looked unconscious; the man screaming for help was a diver who did not see the poor boy swim over to the deep end. He probably landed right on him without noticing. There was a little bit of blood in the water and the boy's body was limp. The man seemed to have been having trouble swimming as well.

Luckily, Genji and Ejji were towards the deeper end of the pool. Genji immediately ran towards the pool and jumped into the water. He grabbed the small boy first and got him out of the water, giving him to a person near the edge to hold while Genji got the man out. The other man was injured, but still afloat. Genji pushed him towards the side of the pool and helped him up. He ran over to the child as he shouted for someone to call an ambulance. He went over to the child to see that he wasn't breathing. He immediately gave the child CPR and hoped for the best. In what seemed to be hours, but only minutes, the kid woke up and started breathing again. Genji quickly turned the kid towards him by mistake, rather than away, and then the kid vomited all over Genji. Genji sat there and took it, his face cringing at the vomit being thrown on him, but for now, he was just glad that the two of them were safe. Having vomit on him was much better than having the kid choke on it.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:31 pm

Wherever the conversation between the two students would go from there, it seemed that fate had an another idea for the things that would happen. Ejji had a feeling that his friend wanted to say something more, but at the very same moment a scream could be heard from behind Ejji, to which he only turned his head, trying to understand what was happening and if there was a valid reason for distress. What he saw a a bit of a shock.

The only things he did was to stand up and move to the edge of the pool, watching Genji do his job. He would be there in case something went wrong, but he had no desire, nor the thought at the moment, to get in there as well. He'd only just get in the way.

After the ordeal was over, Ejji moved closer to his friend. He decided to share his thoughts, even if the scene was a bit weird... vomit on the young man and everything.

"That was very admirable. A wonderful performance." he said, concluding it with just two words. "Good job."

Ejji didn't know if he had the right to comment on this, or if even Genji would take the compliments. He just said what he felt at the moment. Although, he made sure not to touch Genji. All was well and good, but he didn't need the nasty stuff on his hand - any hand.
He wondered if it was really normal to react as calmly as he did in a situation like this. He was, the way he was.
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 5:46 pm

Genji, now covered in vomit looks over to his friend, Ejji, he was worried that Ejji would find that he was disgusting. He was surprised, though Ejji wouldn't touch him, (who would?) he congratulated him on a job well done. Genji was feeling a little better that he didn't find him disgusting after all. He sat there and made sure that the boy was okay until the paramedics arrived.

The paramedics arrived and carted the young boy and the man with the injuries into the ambulance and drove off. Genji, still covered in vomit, stood and waited to make sure that they were okay. He was beginning to stink horribly; Genji thought that he might want to vomit on himself. He ran towards the changing rooms and quickly got the vomit off of him. The warm water helped him feel better, but also made him think of life. He wanted to be a better friend with Ejji, even if it meant having Ejji hate him. Ejji was hiding something, Genji was sure of it. He figured that there was something wrong with Ejji, but he was too cautious and hid it in his cold personality.

Maybe they could be better friends? Genji didn't know at the time. But as he left the shower and got changed, he didn't know what he was going to do. He couldn't swim anymore, let alone be a life guard. As he left the changing rooms, the manager came up to him and told them that the pool needed to be closed for the rest of the day, since the water was contaminated with blood. He was relieved, but sad, he didn't want to leave, but he did a good thing and he learned a little more about Ejji.

Genji looked for Ejji, hoping to find him and say goodbye. He hoped to see him again, but who knows? He wanted to be better friends, so he should at least try to say a proper goodbye.

Back to top Go down
Reiguu

Reiguu

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 6:42 pm

Ejji just looked at Genji as he walked closer. He had seen him talk to the manager, who'se face he knew from all the times he had visited the pool. He couldn't really hear what the wo talked about, but it was fortunate that the manager was facing Ejji's way. That way - the Reiguu heir could read the man's lips a bit, and could bascially undestand that the pool needed to be closed. A shame, since Ejji had yet to excercise and relax, and now he would have to find an another way to do it. At least Genji was doing splendinly a his job.

When Genji arrived, Ejji did something he rarely did. He put his hand on the upperclassman's shoulder and gave it a light squeeze. He had something to say, something that he felt Genji needed to know, before they parted ways for today, since he guessed that they lived far apart.

"Remember what I said about the world and the people in it?" he asked, making sure to sound as sincere and serious as possible. "You're a good person. In my eyes, at least."

Ejji removed his hand and turned sideways, in the direction of the changing rooms. He still had to get his clothes, and all that.

"I shall see you around. Goodbye." Ejji waved a bit, walking away. Today was certainly something people didn't get to see everyday. Ejji felt that he started understanding Genji a little better, and divulged a bit more about himself to the boy. It was a steady pace, but he felt they could get somewhere. He supressed a smile.

[Ejji - exit]
Back to top Go down
Genji Kano

Genji Kano

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story EmptySun Feb 17, 2013 7:11 pm

Genji found Ejji, who walked over and told him that he was the good in the world, then lightly squeezed his shoulder, then went into the changing rooms. Genji never thought that something like this would have happened. Did Ejji really see him as a good person? He assumed so, since Ejji told him himself. Genji stood there and watched Ejji walk to the changing rooms, then disappear from view.

Genji thought to himself about what happened. If anything, Ejji probably told him something about himself that he wouldn't tell anyone. It was something not new to him. What was it, though? Genji had to think about it for a little, then he remembered. Maybe it has something to do with the fact that he's wealthy? Maybe. He didn't have enough information to figure it out, but if that was true, Genji would have to tell him about his secrets too if he wanted a friendship with him...

Genji started to walk out of the pool, he was ready to go home and maybe work on something, he didn't know at the time. Genji didn't really care at that point, either. As he got into the cold, frigid air, he smiled. He was excited for whatever friendship wants to throw at him. He was happy that he made a new friend, he only had his old best friend for the longest time, but he's long gone, probably never coming back, unfortunately, so maybe this was the start of a new beginning in his life, he was excited for it to happen.

-End-
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

A Poolside Story Empty
PostSubject: Re: A Poolside Story   A Poolside Story Empty

Back to top Go down

A Poolside Story
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next