Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Early Morning (Shiv)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

Early Morning (Shiv) Empty
PostSubject: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 9:59 pm

It had been a day or two since he last encounter with a living being within the hot blistering landscape that belong to the Dryrange Vistas. He knew of another place that was even hotter than here, but found he did not wish to hang around said area for long. In fact, he preferred the desert heat over the inferno that was the Eclipse and liked what he could find within this place of little water and constant sand and heat. It was a place he wandered about a lot and for one reason or another called his home. It was strange considering he really didn't belong anywhere in the end, but perhaps that was the beauty of not belonging. You got to choose to make whatever the place you belonged instead.

It was a train of thoughts that could keep most busy, but for this red head it was something that simply came and went on its own accord as he crawled out from his hiding spot of a small rock formation within the sands. He came out to greet the still darkened world, the rays of early morning barely starting to try to peek over the horizon. Taking advantange of the coolness of the early morn and the lack of sun still, he'd move some paces away from his current home, his usual jacket missing as he walked and worked on fastening a button on his long sleeve shirt. Once that was done, he would pull the gloves out of his pocket and slip them on covering up both the normal and abnormal skin of his hands. From there he would pat himself down straightening things out before pausing to observe the landscape. The light wind in the area decided to play with his currently loose red locks as he simply let himself boot up for the day before tackling said hair and whatever tasks he'd set for himself today.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyFri Jun 25, 2021 7:50 pm

Following the directions of Cherry to avoid the deadly and hazardous Cradle, Siobahn’s travels led her to the Dryrange Vistas.  With a name like that Siobahn expected an arid climate; she made to fully stock a couple of her canteens and had enough dried meat to last her the trek via the bountiful Bellows.  

A light breeze almost teased fair weather but Siobahn knew better.

Her plans would be to strike as far and deep as she could until midday- when the sun would bear down at its hottest- stop at a shaded area to rest, then continue through the rest of the Dryrange afterwards.  Currently the sun wasn’t out yet so she made her advance at a brisk pace; it was better to get as far as she could without being scorched in this inhospitable land.

Speaking of which, she disliked its wide open area, meaning she could be spotted easily from far away.  Then again that doubled for her own advantage, but a demon always held the upper hand regardless.  Like clockwork- or cruel twist of fate- a silhouette moved near the horizon.  Immediately she swung her carbine’s scope to gain a better view, while ducking towards a slight dip in terrain.

Long red hair stood out, along with the attire the man wore while dressing himself.  Most vagrants wore nothing of the sort- usually comfortable and climate specific clothing- suggesting a Vault dweller.  Then again there was always the possibility of an ornately dressed demon posing as a human.  Those odds were the least likely but definitely feasible.  

The problem was this man stood in the most direct path to escape the Vistas; Siobahn would have to wait and delay her stay here if she wanted to avoid the stranger.  A dangerously foolish idea, considering she only had so much supplies.  Besides in this terrain he had probably seen her approach as well- so hiding made little sense as well.

With a deep breath Siobahn boldly pressed forward, her hands gripping tightly onto her firearm.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 10:32 pm

His morning might have been a quiet and uneventful one, if it hadn't been for the movement he caught on the shifting and rolling sands. While there still wasn't enough light to make out things well, for this man it was easy to tell that there was something there, trying to hide behind the rise in the sands. Unfortunately for said person or thing, it was a position he had locked on the moment he saw the disturbance. The one trying to hide had a weapon with them, pointing it in his direction. More than likely on him considering nothing else of note was in the area at this moment. His eyes would narrow as they remained locked on the figure watching whoever this was from the corner of his eyes.

He couldn't make out all the details, but he was pretty sure the weapon the other had was a gun meaning it would be problematic if whoever or whatever this was decided to fire. They were quite cautious this one. They were certainly not like the overconfident demon or charging shadow. It could be human. Though that was hard to determine considering he had encountered some high intelligent demons along the way that acted calm and collected until for whatever reason they decided they just wanted to stomp out your existence. Even then, they typically did not wield a weapon like the one this one had. A new type of danger or a lost soul in this oven of a landscape?

The thoughts would go through his head pretty quickly before there was silence again within. He would keep his position though the one watching him wouldn't. For whatever reason, the one that had been watching him decided to move and come towards him.

Turning more towards the direction of the other, he'd use the wind to detect what he was he was dealing with as well as his other senses. Let's see here.

The form and build looked like that of a woman and the thing she carried definitely was a gun both from form and the hint of metal that carried across the wind to his nose. Outside of this the person or thing smelled of grass and other things that were hard to place. Herbs? Or other plants? Hmm now that was strange. Demons and shadows usually didn't give off any of those scents. Was she perhaps a merchant or...someone of the wild like himself?

While he certainly didn't trust the woman, he saw no need to be hostile towards. So he allowed her get within speaking range before attempting this thing called speaking.

"...Morning. What brings you this way, stranger?" His voice was flat and his words direct. It was devoid of the usual pleasantry that came with greetings and while the wind did play with his loose hair and his eyes held a faint glow to them, there was no emotion on his face as he simply watched the woman with a careful eye, his movements still yet relaxed.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 1:20 pm

Each passing step Siobahn expected the man to suddenly shed his human guise and transform into a demon.  Every time her bootsteps crunched along the gritty sand she foresaw an ambush of marauders flanking and surrounding her.  Yet those premonitions never came to pass.  Instead she was greeted, emptily- but most importantly- without hostility.  Even then she still held onto her trusted carbine tightly, kept at ease and pointing downwards so as to suggest her own passive stance.

“...Morning.  I was told to avoid traveling through the Cradle and instead cut through these lands.  I don’t mean to encroach on your territory- I’m merely passing through.”  Siobahn halted in her tracks and replied in an equally terse tone, her deep and husky voice laced with a faint Irish accent.  

If fortune favored her she would avoid bloodshed this day.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySun Jun 27, 2021 10:02 pm

If one wanted to think him a demon, so be it. The man wasn't going to correct such thoughts about him or care if they existed. All that mattered to him is what this one did when interacting with him. The woman held her gun, but did not raise it or do anything to suggest hostility, so in response the red head remained calmed and non-hostile. As for her response...He was hardly bothered by her tone or delivery when she did answer. He would give her a small nod response to the information given.

"The one who gave you that information was wise. Without proper gear the Cradle will have you dead quicker than this place," he would say as he shifted a bit in his spot, placing his weight on his left leg as he pulled the hair band off his left wrist. He'd hold the simple black object in his mouth as he moved his hands to wrestle those red locks into some form of order. He certainly didn't seem to be in any mood for a fight as he continued to speak with the lady casually despite the flatness of delivery.

"This sea is not mine to claim, so there is no need to worry about trespassing." As long as she didn't do anything stupid, but he wouldn't say that out loud. The woman seemed cautious so maybe she was preceptive and smart, understanding the unspoken words there. "Where are headed Ms...?" he'd would ask around the band in his mouth. His tones and expression never changing as he paused holding his thick hair with one gloved hand and as he used the other to grab the band and work with getting the band on without breaking it as he listened to see if she would fill in any blanks. Or maybe she'd brush him off and keep on going. Time would tell either way.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyMon Jun 28, 2021 11:00 pm

“...So I’ve heard about the Cradle,” Siobahn replied as she cautiously eyed the stranger’s hands. While he was merely tying up his crimson tresses of hair, she was still leery of the movement. Kind words meant nothing behind their true intent; after a brutal year of serving in a marauder band, she knew that fact more than anything.

“...Good. I’m tired of running from demons- the last thing I’d want to do is fight a stupid human who thought he owned this wasteland.” Another blunt reply from Siobahn stated her thoughts, minus an expletive here and there, eased her tension a bit. He could have been lying and was a scout for others further ahead, but that was a chance she had to take.

“...I’m headed nowhere in particular. Searching for someone actually. And why are you here.” Returning the question after answering honestly, Siobahn felt she deserved an answer. Maybe the stranger had possibly seen Jack, although she wasn’t banking on it.
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 4:44 pm

"I see." It was a simple and blunt reply as he continued to work with his hair not seeming to mind the other watching his hands. Considering this world's tricks and the more human like beings sometimes being far more trickier and worse than the non-humans ones, he could understand her caution around him. She did not know him and he didn't know her. It was as simple as that. Though unlike the other his observations were rather casual and subtle, like a predator quite use to this sort of display from others. However, unlike a predator's he wasn't giving off any hostile vibes and would make no moves to suggest he was playing tricks as he finished wrestling his hair into a high ponytail before letting his hands drop somewhat slowly to his side, leaving his hands relaxed and not going towards his side where the large hunting knife he carried was.

"The demons are quiet for now, but it probably won't take them long to start moving again. Even more so when the sun is up," he would say as he narrowed his eyes at the horizon. The sun was still hanging low and taking its time rising. Good. Anyway, he'd tilt his head at the woman, red eyes drifting over to her as a bit of his intensity seemed to die down, his eyes becoming slightly softer even if a neither a smile nor chuckle ever showed or escaped him.

"Now why would I want to do that when it is much easier to lose a person or simply not be bothered with anything by going further into this?" he would ask his words direct as usual before he shook his head. "I am afraid I am much too simple and lazy to do such things. Let alone start fights over trivial things like land." While it was hard to detect emotion in his voice, his delivery had a slight hint of amusement there. He would give a slow cat like blink re-enforcing that he was unbothered or perhaps playing a bit in that moment. Either way, he would let the woman take things as she would and judge him in her own way. As long as she didn't do anything stupid to cause him to change his stance to a hostile one she honestly had nothing to worry about. Anywho...

Ah. No name, yet she wanted to trade an answer for an answer, eh? Well then. Fair enough. He'd shift his weight to his left leg as he looked back towards the hiding spot he had used as a camp. "I found this place to be a nice campsite for the night. Outside that, I am wandering around my usual hunting grounds. I haven't yet decided if I want to continue to wander here or head elsewhere to see what I can find in the other zones," he'd say with a light shrug. His words were honest and the openness he was showing just as genuine. He didn't see the need to hide what was simply truth in the end. Anyway his turn. "Who are you looking for?" Might as well see what was up since he didn't have anything pressing on his "calendar" at the moment.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Jul 03, 2021 11:52 pm

“...Hmm. Best to get moving as quickly as possible. Thanks for the heads up about demon activity in these parts.” The stranger’s slow and deliberate movements, coupled with those words, were somewhat comforting to Siobahn. Her guard eased up, but not dropped entirely. Although his comment about being lazy seemed to further drive the point, especially with a snail-like blink. “...Right. I’d much rather carry on my own way without dealing with other people’s problems.”

As she listened to the stranger carry on, Siobahn appreciated the bluntness and seeming honesty. Tilting her head back a bit in the direction she came from, Siobahn flatly said, “...If you’re looking for better hunting grounds I’d suggest the Bellows. I’m positive it’s better than a literal desert.”

Next came the question about who she was looking for. Her heart thumped rather hard at that notion, and yet she carried on coldly, “I’m looking for a caucasian male, approximately a hundred and seventy-five centimeters tall, in his late twenties. Wild ashen gray hair, pink eyes, fair skin. Has a lightning bolt-like brand over his left eye, and black bands of tattoos across his forearms. Goes by the name Jack. I’d appreciate any information you have about him.”
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyMon Jul 05, 2021 4:52 pm

He'd give a hum and a nod. "Sure," was all he would say as he shifted in his spot, his movements slow and deliberate still as he moved back towards the cave that was his temporary home. He'd pause near the entrance to grab his trademark jacket he had left hanging there as he listened. "We seem to have that in common. Not wanting to deal with other people's concerns or making unneeded headaches for ourselves." Part of the reason, he had called himself lazy is because he saw no reason to put effort or energy into things that simply did not matter or were petty in the end. Despite the woman's flatness, he actually appreciated someone not coming about to stir things up and her delivery and behavior while intense and maybe even dry, cold and blunt to some was something he liked about this one. She didn't beat around the bush and won't you look at that? She not only seemed to have good sense about her, but even seemed like a potential trading partner considering how the information flow went here. All good signs if such a deal was struck between them that is, but even without such a deal in play, he liked the exchange happening.

Putting on his jacket, he'd pause to look in the direction where the Bellows rested. "I would have to see what sort of clientele or creatures I can dig up there. Either way, the suggestion is much appreciated. A change up in scenery may do me well." Though whether he would actually go there or not was up for debate in the end. Still he did keep it in mind to consider.

Staying where he was only turning to face the other more as he worked on straightening his jacket, he would memorize the details the other gave him in regards to the one she sought. To this he would hum a bit in thought. "I am afraid I have not run into such a person yet or any information that pertains to him; however, if you tell me how to get in contact with you, I can perhaps send any information your way if I do find traces of him or even meet him face-to-face." He remained straight forward not diving into the whys or who this person was to the woman. Like anyone he choose to deal with he only took what he needed to know to get the job done. There was no reason to go any deeper than what he needed with strangers. What was their business was theirs. It was as simple as that.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyTue Jul 06, 2021 12:23 am

“...Typical woodland and marsh creatures in the Bellows.  At least you’re guaranteed a source of water there, unlike here.” Stated Siobahn, considering how nice it was to be honest and straightforward with a stranger, she kept the conversation civil.  While her heart sank at no sight of Jack, she’d still keep her hopes held high in her pursuit.

“...I don’t have a two-way radio.  Keeping contact is difficult.  I will say that you can find me more readily along game trails.  There’s carvings along those places and landmarks- if you find one containing the letters ‘JS’- I’ll have been there.  You can leave messages buried for me near there.” Siobahn slowly lowered herself to kneel on the ground, tracing the sign into the dirt with the barrel of her gun.  Then she brought herself back to eye level with the stranger and nodded, offering him a faint but genuine smile.

“...Thanks.  It means a lot to me.  And if Jack really is around, he’ll know that Siobahn and a kind stranger are looking out for him.”
Back to top Go down
Deshi
Admin
Deshi

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyThu Jul 08, 2021 1:01 am

He would take in the information the other gave him, even if it wasn't exactly what he sought, knowing there was better game and probably in turn other things that could be used as food and other resources was never a bad thing. Also a water source was good to have for a while even if he was pretty sure he'd have to work to clean it. "It sounds like a good spot to restock in and water is never a bad to thing to have. The nearest one out here is a small oasis that few rarely find and moving camp. Outside of those sources, you'll have to rely on the few large hollow plants out here for water." Unless nature decided to cast a rain storm all of a sudden, you worked with what you had. Either way, he would give her a nod of appreciation even if no emotion crossed his face, his behavior remained quite chilled considering the other had decided to be civil. It was something he could appreciate on top of her manner of remaining honest and straightforward. This one was someone that he could tolerate and perhaps even work with.

Speaking of working with, it looked like he gained a way to communicate with the other and even finding her again if need be. She gave him information on where she could be most likely found and even showed him what her sign looked like in a careful way as to not trigger him. He took in the letter in the sand memorizing what she said before giving a soft hum. "Understood. As for myself, the best way to find me or know that something is from me is via these feathers," he'd pause as moved his hand slowly and carefully to a pocket on his jacket to pull out a nice size black feather with strange turquoise markings that glowed in the slowly disappearing darkness of early morn as the sun continued its way up. He would show it to the other. "Due to the type of prey I hunt, I am often found off the usual trails, but these feathers can guide your way to me even in the dark if need be. Whether I am seen or not I am usually not too far from where these feathers gather the most and if I happen to leave you something buried, I tend to put one of these with whatever is left." He would finish before taking in the woman's actions and faint smile.

He didn't know how to react to that smile or what to do in turn. So for a few moments, he was frozen as he worked on a solution before deciding to take a few cautious steps towards her before holding out the feather to her, his eyes narrowing slightly as he simply tried to process the situation he was familiar with handling.

"...My name is Kei. It is...my pleasure to assist you, Ms. Siobahn. You take care until next time, yes?" his words remained calm and soft, but there was a slight hint of perhaps kindness under it all even if the delivery was awkward. He did the best he could, so that was more than enough to show he was being genuine and that for whatever reason or another he decided he kind of liked this lady a bit more than the average Joe he met while wandering about.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptySat Jul 10, 2021 1:02 am

“...Huh, I always figured the demonic wildlife weren’t edible so I stayed away from them.  Especially ones with bright feathers like that.  Usually nature warns you they’re toxic with those kinds of appearances but I guess demons are the exception.” Siobahn said as she eyed the feather produced carefully, more so watching the man’s movements.  While he was indeed kind her instinct would never allow her to fully drop her guard.

“...But I appreciate whatever you can do to help, Kei.  So let me thank you in advance.” As a token of her gratitude, Siobahn slowly reached into one of her pockets, then produced a small bundle of cloth that smelled pungent.  Its scent reminiscent of lemons, or some sort of highly citric fruit, the bundle contained a pile of leaves.

“...Bug repellent for the marshy areas.  Mosquitoes are a pain in the ass, heh.”  Another small smile graced Siobahn’s lips, as she dropped it onto the ground.  With that said and their exchange over with, she started walking slowly around Kei and would carry on her trek through the Vistas.  Fortune really did favor her this day in finding someone actually helpful and blunt in their personality.

“...You take care too.  Until then, Kei.”

[ Kei Aria, The Hanged Man | Siobahn, The Magus | Rank 1 ]
Back to top Go down
Yoshio

Yoshio

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) EmptyMon Jul 26, 2021 5:10 pm

Early Morning (Shiv) LwJtrQK   Early Morning (Shiv) Vglw77

A Bond has been Forged...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCJKXURmfLrRv0xkJTZlA6zA
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Early Morning (Shiv)   Early Morning (Shiv) Empty

Back to top Go down

Early Morning (Shiv)
Page 1 of 1