Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Food on the Table : : [Open to One]

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

Food on the Table : : [Open to One] Empty
PostSubject: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 11:46 am

Zoé sat still uptop the branches of a sturdy tree, her blue eyes glowing faintly through the mist. She had been quietly stalking this large wolf since early that morning. Hunting within the Menagerie rewarded those with the patience to wait. Zoé had been tasked with bringing her group food this week, a task she gladly took on. Many of her fellow survivors avoided the Bellows like a Plague, mostly due to the rumors about Abholos and her Enthralled. Zoé herself didn't mind as much. She had been thriving within the Bellows for a long time before she met Nick and his group of Survivors. She knew her way around.

The wolf was non the wiser of her position, or the fact that Zoé had been stalking it to begin with. It pretty much minded its own buissness, looking around every now and again before sulking away someplace else. While Zoé was pretty sure her prey remained unaware, a golden opportunity to shoot the wolf with the bow in her hands had yet to reveal itself. This bow was a crude one made from stick and sinew, and the arrows were tipped with heads made of jagged scrap metal she had been salvaging from the Highrise. These arrows were precious to her, as they were the only way she had to kill these things. Sure, she could probably strike and possibly kill it with the knife she kept hidden beneath her coat, but that invited more risk than she was willing to take. Her skinning-knife was a last resort option, and hopefully... she wouldn't need it today either. Thus far, she had been doing pretty well for herself. But she was only allowed 5 shots. If she missed any, or any of them proved to be non-lethal, those were arrows she'd most likely never see again... given how foggy the Menagerie was, finding a stray arrow here was next to impossible. She could spend days in here, and still not find them, so she had to make sure her shots stayed true.

Food on the Table : : [Open to One] JWpAeiZ

The wolf started moving again, and Zoé quietly followed, sliding down from her branch, down into a set of bushes, from which she remained within range of her prey. Soon... She produced an arrow from her backpack, and pulled it back on the string. She took a deep breath to steady her aim and... *Thwp*. She let the arrow fly through the fog, and shortly therafter, a loud yelp broke the silence, followed by a soft thud, confirming her kill. Excited, Zoé rose from her hidingspot within the foiliage, and snuck up beside the wolf. The arrow had stayed true to her goal, burying itself deep within the Wolf's neck, puncturing its throat. With some effort, Zoé cut the arrow loose, and inspected the freshly caught dinner. This wolf was a bit bigger than she had thought... Carrying it back to the Fields was going to be quite difficult on her own.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Jun 01, 2021 10:29 pm

Out of all the locations in the ruined city of Paris, the Bellows seemed to contain the most flora and fauna.  With notable game trails perfect for hunting and sustaining, before setting out anywhere else.  Jackdaw had just finished skinning a rabbit he had caught in a snare trap, until the loud but distinctive yelp cut through the forest.  Immediately he was sent into caution.

Wolves?  Or a wild pack of dogs?  Or perhaps an owner’s hunting dog or pet?  There was a surefire way to find out, as Jackdaw procured a harmonica from his pocket.  How he picked up the instrument and learned to play it was effectively wiped from his memory.  The only knowledge he had was to play it, unfortunately blotting out whoever he learned this from.

With its trill sound shrieking and echoing throughout the murky woods, his harmonica would serve multiple purposes.  Dogs would howl in response, a human would register it as man made, and wolves would more than likely flee from the loud and abrasively unrecognizable sound.  

Accompanied by the notes from his harmonica would be his mouth providing an additional sound, a percussion-like rhythm.  Alongside that his footsteps crashed loudly to the beat- stomping against trees and fallen branches- all the more to frighten any packs of wolves or dogs away.

After his brief performance he continued to crash through the forest, shouting and clapping.  “Hello?  Who’s There?”

Traversing further, a bit discouraged by how far he had left his own hunted prize behind, he came across a woman who had apparently felled a rather large wolf with an arrow.  Perfect shot too, through the throat, it couldn’t have lasted very long with an injury like that.  A gulp settled down his throat as he realized that the wolf could have caught onto the scent of his skinning of the rabbit.

“...Yo, I jus’ wanted to say thanks, madam,” Jack cast as amicable a smile he could muster and a wave.  “Nice kill.  Hopefully I scared away the pack, if there was any.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 7:55 pm

Zoé was always a bit on edge when traversing the Menagerie, or anywhere within the bellows for that matter, given that, despite how dangerous the surface world was, no place was quite as dangerous as Abholos' fog-ridden backyard. It was difficult to trust anything or anyone you found in here, as her Enthralled were quite a tricky bunch. You think they'd be friendly, then they betray you for their mother the moment they got behind your guard. She had heard enough tales of their backstabbing shenanigans not to trust anyone, or anything, she found within these woods. So you can imagine her reaction when the faint sound of a harmonica graced her ears. The sound seemed to be pretty distant at first, but after a few moments, Zoé could tell the sound was getting closer. She raised her bow, aiming it at the silhouette of Jackdaw, through the fog. "Don't. Move." She warned him in an ice-cold, precautionary tone. Her blue eyes fixated on Jack's face, arrow still firmly aimed towards his throat. "State your buissness. Make it quick." And sure enough, the strange man with the fancy furcoat listened, thanking her. "Why... are you thanking me? I haven't done anything." She looked at him with suspicion. Had Abholos gotten to him? Or was he just delusional?

She pulled the string back on her bow further, the sharp, jagged tip still dangerously pointed towards the strangers Adam's Apple. You could never be quite careful enough. His eyes didn't have that strange, smokey glow the Enthralled had... but then again, the Mother of All had gotten better at hiding her influence... Or could it just be that this was a demon in disguise? "Who are you...?"
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyWed Jun 02, 2021 10:47 pm

“...Y’know, the fact that ya didn’t shoot me outright and are givin’ me a moment is tellin’ me that you’re a smart, calm, and rational person, yeah?  So let’s start things proper, from my perspective, before ya turn me into a pincushion, madam.”  Jack‘s smile faded as he remained frozen in place; left with his waving hand to hang in midair his fuschia eyes gazed directly into her oceanic blues.  Although she wanted a quick explanation, he was going to draw this moment out thoroughly, because his life was on the line.

First of all, I’m thankin’ ya ‘cause you killed that wolf there,” he slowly nodded his head in the direction of the carcass, “If it weren’t for you that bastard woulda prob’ly caught me off guard after I jus’ finished skinnin’ a rabbit.  So ya did plenty, without even knowin’ it.  Now when ya offed that brute, I happened to hear its death cry.  Naturally I was alarmed, ‘cause wouldn’t you be so too in the same situation?  Sure, ya can take out a wolf solo with an aim like yours, but a pack?  Or a pack’a wild dogs?

“That’s when ya heard me causin’ a ruckus, yeah?  Granted, ya can critique and hate my harmonica playin’ all ya like, but my intent was to scare off the pack.  And obviously to give a decent, kind-hearted human like yourself a heads up.  ‘Cause if I was hostile, why the hell would I alert everythin’ ‘round me?”

With a deep breath, his eye contact never broken, he finished:

“Finally, I get it.  Seems like ain’t nobody you can trust in this fucked up world.  Thing is, I’m tryna survive too, jus’ like you are.  The name’s Jackdaw, by the way.  In any other instance I’d say to call me Jack and that it’s a pleasure to meetcha, but y’know.”  A very wry smile lit his features.  “If ya let me fuck off peacefully- we can never see each other again- if ya’d be so graciously inclined, madam.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 5:30 pm

"...I'd hate to kill needlessly." Zoé replied warily, lowering the bow a tad bit, still keeping the arrow on a tight string, ready to shoot should Jackdaw prove to be less than trustworthy. For now, she was willing to give the vagrant a chance. She listened to his story, shaking her head once he finished. "No need to thank me for that." She replied dryly, dropping her aim with the bow away from the supposed threat. "I was just hunting for food. Regardless if you were here or not, the kill would've happened all the same." Her people needed this meat to survive. She scoffed lightly. "With all that noise you were making, I'm suprized you didn't attract the rest of the pack. You're a foolhardy one aren't you?"

"Even still, I have my ways to loose a pack of wolves here. I've avoided worse. Compared to the demons? Wolves are child's play." She shrugged lightly, before kneeling down next to her prey, and pulled out a knife from underneath her coat, and stabbed it into the wolf's fur, red blood gushing out from the newly opened wound. Zoé seemed unbothered by it, and began cutting off the hide. "You can say that again. Good people are a rarity, especially here in the Bellows." She said quietly, rolling up some of the wolf-fur, and stuffed it inside a leather bag, stitched together by hand by the looks of things. Then she went straight for the meat, and began cutting off chunks of muscle tissue, which she stored inside her backpack. No way she was going to bring the whole wolf with her. But she could still bring enough meat back to feed her friends for a few days, before she'd have to go out and hunt again, continuing the Cycle. "... I'm Zoé Legrande." She replied quietly, closing the leather bag and swung it over her back, leaving the wolf carcass on the ground for either demons, shadows or other animals to finish off. She was done here. "...Just be glad I didn't shoot you, 'Jackdaw'." Zoé said after a short pause, looking him directly in the eye. "Be careful around here. You don't want to end up with an arrow poking out of your throat next time."
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyWed Jun 09, 2021 11:28 pm

The moment she dropped her aim Jackdaw exhaled deeply in relief, then proceeded to scoff at him.  For some bizarre reason he had a sense of déjà vu- made worse by the gaps in his memories- although he had never met this woman before.  “Lotsa wild animals don’t like unnaturally loud noises, wolves in particular.  I knew what I was doin’.  But I hear ya, I’d rather deal with a wolf pack any damn day compared to some fuckin’ demons.”

Then he proceeded to watch her clean her kill and continued to listen.  Her commentary about unkind folk in the Bellows gave rise for concern, and definitely explained her very cautious stance towards him to begin with.  Crucial information to keep in mind about any other folks in this area- however her and Snow were definite exceptions.

Now I can say the pleasure’s all mine to meet, madam Zoé.  I’m thankful for your benevolence and wisdom.  And believe you fuckin’ me, I don’t intend on becomin’ a porcupine anytime soon.” A sincere smile graced Jack’s features, revealing a fanged grin.  “That wolf there, you’re leavin’ a bit’a extra meat that could be dried, also the organs.  Ya really gonna let that go to waste?”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyMon Jun 14, 2021 11:07 pm

"With all the ruckus you made, I'm suprized you didn't attract something bigger." Zoé replied, with a rather tame attempt at a joke, which... really didn't fly. "But yes. Wolves I can handle... Demons though? These arrows provide little safety against their kind, regrettably." She replied, twirling one of the sharp arrows between her fingertips. The crude shape of the arrowhead itself was good when hunting, but against something larger, it provided little if no lethality. Still, it couldn't be pleasant to be hit by. By the looks of things, these were kitbashed together by Zoé herself, much like the pouch. The dagger on the other hand, was way too polished in its design to be made by her hands. Her knife was probably some heirloom, or something. It was evident she regarded the knife to be quite valuable, given that she had treated it with such care.

"...Madam?" Zoé raised an eyebrow. She hadn't been called by such a moniker ever. She knew what it meant, of course, but... she had never viewed herself to be of any status to demand such a title. Nor did any of her peers. "You don't have to call me that. Just call me Zoé." She said after a brief pause, her eyes trailing down towards the dead wolf. "I have enough food here to last my group a whole week. You're free to take the rest." She said with a light shrug. "Besides, you look like someone who could use it." A faint chuckle escaped Zoé's lips. A hint of warmth from the otherwise dead serious woman. She seemed to have loosened up, if only a little bit.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyTue Jun 15, 2021 10:27 pm

“...Looks like I attracted someone quite attractive,” quipped Jackdaw, flashing a winsome smile.  He also mentally cataloged her equipment, in particular that ornate and well handled dagger.  Only the strongest survived the topside of this world, and the fact that Zoé happened to be rather beautiful on top of that only made it all the better.

“I only meant ‘madam’ as a term of respect, yeah?  Strong, smart, kind, stunnin’.  But if it bugs ya I can jus’ stick to Zoé.  Oh, did I mention that’s mighty gracious of ya to offer me the rest,” Jack continued with a cheeky grin, following it up with a (not really) joke of his own:

“I mean, if you’re the type that likes her guys big, I’d happily gain some kilos for ya.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyWed Jun 23, 2021 9:38 pm

"While I appreciate the compliment... please don't." A faint chuckle escaped Zoé's lips. Here, of all places, this guy really chose to flirt? He sure had some odd priorities. Zoé herself never really considered herself beautiful, nor had she even thought of it as something important. At the end of the day, she was a hunter. She was to provide food for her fellow survivors. Beauty didn't help with that any.

"I'd prefer Zoé, yes. We're of equal standing, either way. I don't see a reason for such honorifics, Jackdaw." She smiled faintly at him, again, appreciating the compliments, even if she wasn't quite sure how to respond. She didn't want to come off as rude, but at the same time... what was she even supposed to say? A simple "thank you" seemed to fall a bit short. "Like you said, it'd be a shame to let all that good meat go to waste. I can't really carry much more of it with me anyway, so at least, with you it'd see some good use. Now, if you excuse me." She finally cut out the arrow loose from its target. "I really should be on my way. I've kept my people waiting long enough. It was nice meeting another friendly face here, though, Jack. Stay safe, and good luck." And with those parting words, Zoé snuck away into the depths of the Menagerie, and vanished out of sight within the thick cloak of fog. Perhaps they'd see eachother again, someday.
Back to top Go down
juantamad

juantamad

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptyThu Jun 24, 2021 9:07 pm

Jackdaw noted Zoé’s aversion to flattery; it made sense with her being a self-sufficient hunter after all.  Actions always spoke louder than words with those types- a notion Jack found as another sense of bizarre deja vu- although he couldn’t recall any beautiful huntresseses in his gap-filled memory.

“Ain’t nothin’ makes me happier’n bein’ equals.”  A very sincere grin lit up his countenance.  “I’d offer to haul that wolf meat over to your group as thanks, but I don’t wanna seem invadin’ or whatnot.”

Zoé then took her leave; Jackdaw humbly bowed to her with his typical fang baring smile.  “Pleasure was all mine, Zoé.  Maybe next time I can bail your ass outta trouble instead.  Cheers.”
Back to top Go down
Jerry
Forum Moderator
Jerry

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] EmptySat Jun 26, 2021 8:22 pm

Food on the Table : : [Open to One] Persona_3_tarot_card_deck_hr___strength_arcana_by_enetirnel_d6xr6y8-fullview.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9MTQ0MyIsInBhdGgiOiJcL2ZcLzEyMjc4ZWQ2LWZkMTItNGE2MC1iZDBiLWU4NTQwZWQwOGZjMlwvZDZ4cjZ5OC05NDFiODJkYy01MWNhLTRmYmItOWUyYS0xMTAxZDQzYzNlNDUucG5nIiwid2lkdGgiOiI8PTEwMjQifV1dLCJhdWQiOlsidXJuOnNlcnZpY2U6aW1hZ2Uub3BlcmF0aW9ucyJdfQ
A Bond has been Forged...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Food on the Table : : [Open to One]   Food on the Table : : [Open to One] Empty

Back to top Go down

Food on the Table : : [Open to One]
Page 1 of 1