Persona :: New Arcana
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Persona :: New Arcana

Welcome to Persona :: New Arcana! A Persona RPG site!

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Welcome to New Arcana!

Welcome, Welcome! You've probably guessed by now, but this is a text-based Persona RPG site for Atlus fans, by Atlus fans. If you're new to Shin Megami Tensei, this place can still be for you, so no need to dash towards the doors! Your first stop should be the introduction board so we can introduce ourselves. Then right after that, feel free to go through our vital information to get a good feel of the site. We hope you enjoy your stay, and if you have any questions don't hesitate to post them here. Ciao!

Active Plots

In Search of Salvation

Quick Links

->Site Discord Chat

->Official Timeline

->Code of Conduct

->Character Creation Guide

->Site Updates

->Q and A Board

->Character Types

->Persona Skill List

->Pure Mugic Skills

->Battle Guide and Rules

->Arcana Strengths

->Dungeon Information

->Current Plot Info

->Add Music to Posts

->Advertisement Board

May 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun
CalendarCalendar
Latest topics
» May This Message Find You.
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 08, 2023 10:26 am by Jerry

» Endymion 2 [Main Plot Announcement]
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySat Apr 01, 2023 1:46 am by Yoshio

» In the Wake of Everything [Cherry Post-Story]
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 29, 2023 8:53 pm by Alcor

» This Site Was Awesome
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun Jan 01, 2023 8:27 am by Yoshio

» (Plot) The Audition
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyTue Mar 15, 2022 4:11 am by Enigma

» Prelude (Lance & ????)
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySat Jan 29, 2022 7:52 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Lance Edwards (Persona User - Semibreve)
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 6:01 am by Sosina

» Castiel Labreck (Semibreve NC)
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jan 20, 2022 5:55 am by THE_BUTLER00

» Off the Rails (Shouhei and Helvetica)
Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyTue Nov 30, 2021 12:08 am by juantamad

Current Events
Updated: 20/07/2020

**ALERT!** After a rather eventful evening at Maksim's Party, three teenagers seems to have gone missing. The doors of Vault Olympia have been breached due to a to this day unknown assailant, who sabotaged the doors locking systems, allowing demons to make entry. Thanks to the excellent defensive capabilities of the Vault's Security drones, the Attack was put to an end, and the invading monsters fled to the outside. Right now, the Doors of Vault Olympia are currently open, allowing any survivors of the fall to seek shelter within the Vault's safe halls. What Vault Security officials think of this development remains unclear as the Chief of Police and Security of Olympia refused to leave a comment. This is Rianara, of Olympia news, signing out.

The site is entering a new era as our team of mods works tirelessly on updating old and obsolete information threads and links. Over the Summer, we aim to make many changes to the forum, including writing a comprehensive beginners' guide to help new players accommodate to the combat and other rp systems in place here.

Be sure to constantly check the update thread for any changes to the boards. You can find it ->Here<-

More to come

Jukebox

The Maker
Shin Megami Tensei and Persona belong to ATLUS. We own nothing, and have simply used their data to create a world of our own. They are the true geniuses behind the scenes.
Affiliates
Our Static Affiliates

Our Scrolling Affiliates

Cooldown Time [Helanna]

Go down 
3 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Sosina

Sosina

Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyWed May 26, 2021 10:05 pm

Helanna looked up to Retuo as he starts to speak once more, and she listened to him as she continued to work on the scarf, the kind understanding smile staying on her face, this wasn't the first time she had someone react this way, he wasn't the first Vagrant to be like this, they look at the Camp and assume they always had these things, Assumed she just had all this stuff, that it was easy for a camp like this to function. She only continued to smile kindly, she knew he wasn't trying to be disrespectful, he likely just felt he should speak his mind, she did push a bit to have him carry some things, and he seemed very adamant about not taking to many things. and as she finished talking about living with little to nothing she looked back to the scarf she was working on for him, and let him continue/

Next he went on about duty, and she looked back up to him to pay attention to what he was saying, that kind understanding smile still on her face, there was clearly a misunderstanding, he seeme dot think she was telling him what to do, well she could straiten that out once he was done letting out his rather clear frustration, it wasn't in his tone, it was in his words, he had barely said much of anything earlier and now he was talking quite a bit it was clear this was something he felt strongly about. So she listened politely as she worked on the Scarf he had said he wouldn't mind having. though she looked back down at it for a moment as he talked to check it's length, and seeing that it was the right length she started to close the stitching and she looked back up at him.

As he finished she continued to listen for a bit longer to see if he had anything else to say, and he then clarified his wish to not carry lots of things and it seemed he once more misunderstood things and he finally, said he was glad to hear Abzu was okay. Now that he was done, she did one last check on the scarf and started to fold it before looking back up to Retuo "skarrrf is done" she said with a kind smile.

"As forrr not knoving about not having rrresourrrces orrr tools on hand, Trrraveling to zis kountrrry, to zis city, I did not have komforrrt, I did not have all rrresourrrces i needed, all I had, vas veight of all my tools, my veapons, my ammunition, and my clothing, on my back, I had niet one arrround to aid me in karrrying zem, norrr did I have luxurrry of full nights sleep as I had to vatch forrr demons at all times, as I trrraveled, I stopped often to help zose zat needed it, and sometimes zey did not vant my help, I vell avarrre zat many ether don't need my help, orrr don't vant to accept help of me. I avarrre bekause I have meet zem, I avarrre of life vithout enough rrresourrrces, vithout komforrrt, bekause I have had to trrravel alone, vithout such zings..." she said with that same kind understanding smile on her face.

"Everrrything you see zat ve have herrre at kamp, ve only have bekause of harrrd vorrrk put into obtaining it, food ve eat? Ve have planter boxes forrr vegetables and rrraise smaller easier to keep animals forrr meat, I have taught people herrre to tend to zem, zough ve must be karrreful and kan't have to much grrroving orrr being rrraised at once in kase ve arrre forrrced to leave it behind if Demons attack, food ve gather frrrom skavenging is rrrationed, as is food ve grrrow ourrrselves" she said as she looked around her, the smile never leaving her face.

"medicine ve have? ve vorrrked harrrd to get rrresourrrces to make it, hand karrrts ve use to move kamp? Ve had to get materrrials to build zem ourrrselves. vater ve drrrink? Ve had to kollect vater and make means to purrrify it to make surrre it vas safe to drrrink. Everrry rrresourrrce ve have, harrrd vorrrk vas done to make grrround vorrrk forrr it, and harrrd vorrrk vas done to make surrre ve have enough to give out to zose zat do not vish to stay, everrryone herrre does task, everrryone herrre help sin vorrrk in some manner, in manner zat zey kan do something." she said as she looked back at him.

"Alberrrt made karrrts, Lucile made pots and pans ve use thrrrough rrremaking scrrrap metal into morrre useable shape and forrrm, Arrrchie made trrraps zat allow us to kapturrre smaller animals ve now tend, Minerrrva and her frrriends skavenge zings forrr us when I unable to go myself, ve all have put in grrreat deal of vorrrk together, as grrroup to gather zings everrryone needs to surrrvive, pooling ourrr skills and knowledge some passed down frrrom vorrrd of mouth, orrr found in old books zat some of zem had vith zem.. I kould not have done all zis myself, Ve do not have so much simply bekause ve appearrred vith it. Ve all vorrrked harrrd to gather what ve kan to make what ve kould, and to imprrrove what ve kould" she continued to smile as she looked at the camp.

Then she looked at Retuo again "And I never said you had duty to help people, I simply said you had pover to do so, if you do not vish to do zat, zen it up to you, If you vish to vithhold yourrr aid? zat is yourrr choice as vell, If you decide to help people based on what you decide? Zat is also yourrr choice, if you vanted to take zings I giving you, and simply thrrrow zem into vater of Bellows? orrr leave zem out in deserrrt? orrr simply leave zem at edge of kamp when you leave? Orrr simply not take zem frrrom my lean-to when you go? Zat is also yourrr choice, Much like it my choice to hope, and to believe zat you vill karrry zem till you find someone in need zat zey kould help, I not going to forrrce you to do so, I vill not demand zat you do zis, I vill simply ask zat you do, whether you do so is alvays up to you." she said as she simply placed the scarf with the other things she had prepared for him.

"Now as forrr Gods? Zey do not Cherrry pick, norrr arrre zey all poverrrful, in zese days zerrre arrre so many in need of help, some people arrre strrronger zen otherrrs, healthier zen otherrrs, have strrronger vill zen otherrrs, zerrre arrre zose zat, as you have said, arrre doing fine on zeirrr own, gods look to zese people and see zeirrr help is not needed zerrre, and so zey look forrr zose zat arrre veaker, zose zat arrre alone, zose zat maybe niet one kan help. and zey do zeirrr best to help zem, sometimes it's just barrrely enough... and sometimes it's not enough... and sadly, even sometimes, zey don't find zem in time.." she closed her eyes a moment as she said this.

As she opened her eyes she was glowing slightly, her eyes glowing as well as Asclepius floated near her, "But now I have zis pover... ability to fight back darrrkness and demons, I choose to use zis pover to fight forrr zose zat kan't, to prrrotect zose people zat don't have zis pover... bekause zat is what I have chosen to do, it's what I vould have done had I not been tasked vith doing what I kould to help people by Vault of me. What you do vith yourrr pover is up to you. What otherrrs I have met vith zis pover vill do what zey vill choose to do, all I kan do, is hope and prrray, zat zey choose to do what I vill do vith mine, but I vill never say it what zey must do" as she finished Asclepius bowed his head and slowly faded once more.

"As forrr larrrge amount of supplies? I never said I vould ask you to karrry zem, I simply asked zat if you find orrr know of place zat needs zem, zat you tell me so I may prrreparrre zem, zen when I have time, I kan go deliver zem myself, you have made it clearrr you vish to trrravel light, and zat is yourrr choice, hovever it my choice to take supplies to zose zat might need it, if you do not vish to tell me if you know any places, orrr if you found such places, zat is up to you. All I kan do is ask, But whatever you choose, I vill prrray forrr yourrr safety.. Now, vill you be joining us forrr meal? If so, I zink bath ve have set up is frrree if you vish to use it" she said, the kind smile never leaving her face, her tone never raising, she had no reason to be angry, and she was not a stranger to people reacting in such a manner to her talk of the gods, but it wouldn't shake her own beliefs.

As she finished talking, the smell of the food being cooked wafted on the wind towards them and Helanna smiled as she smelled it "If not, yourrr zings arrre rrright herrre if you vish to take zem orrr not, but you arrre alvays velkome back to my kamp, I vill trrry to have tent rrready forrr you" she said showing him the small pile of things she prepared as she talked with him. That motherly smile on her face still.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyThu May 27, 2021 8:21 pm

In all honesty, he likely wouldn't have made the assumption had she not spoken the way she had. Maybe she was aware, and maybe not, but there was simply something about that 'matter of fact' way of talking that implied people would be better off accepting her help and supplies that could easily give a somewhat presumptuous vibe. Perhaps it was also in part due to the fact that Retuo was not exactly...fond of mother figures, in lieu of his experiences with his own mother, and in general not finding it enjoyable when someone tried to force doting behavior on him. He knew what he was capable of, and to have to listen to someone talk like they thought they knew what he did and did not need did not invoke any sort of comfort for him. However, he did also know that it was a little rude of him to react negatively to that, seeing as she wouldn't know...so as much as he did not like it, he was aware that it wasn't right of him to step too out of line either. He had no intention of making 'enemies' over something this benign after all. While this wasn't to his liking, he couldn't claim it was wrong for her to do those things in general. He would be a hypocrite were he to do that.

Nevertheless, he was still kind of tense and with a bit of a stiff posture when he faced her to speak. That was kind of how he was though, more than it being a negative implication. "...I do apologize for assuming, however I do not wish to change my stance on your choice of treatment specifically. I do not like being approached in the style of a mother hen crowding a child. Simply a preference of mine. I believe offering once is more than enough, especially since we speak to each other as two adults. I'm no kid whom would possibly actually need a parent figure to make the right choice for them." As long as she could refrain from going overboard with her gifts and trying to provide at every turn, he would be willing to stand back. "Not to be rude though...but would you mind elaborating something for me? If you say that Gods are not all powerful, and only assist where they can manage...what is it that makes them different from a person that does their best to help others, such as someone like you? With that definition, it could be said that you too are a God, because you're doing your best to help people. Where does one draw the line? Most religious believers look up to Gods because in their eyes they are powerful omnipotent beings in some way or form after all..." If the Gods were essentially on the level of a hard-working benevolent person, why even call them Gods at that point? What difference did it make?

"..." He would eye her showing off her 'power' silently, oddly enough choosing to not make a comment towards that specifically. There however was one more thing he had on his mind.

Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 VWC5ppl

"I'm afraid I am not that type of a man. If you truly believe in hard work and doing the right thing, then I must refuse free gifts. Instead, how about a compromise? I'll stay around a while and help do some work for your camp while I'm here. You let me do that, and then I shall accept your offer of food and the like. Is that a good enough deal for you?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySat May 29, 2021 4:06 pm

She smiled to him, that kind smile never changing even as he seemed to be rather tense, and even explaining how he felt towards her attitude, she listened calmly and let him speak his mind for the time being. Then he started to question what the Gods where or rather how they were different from a person, he even compared her to being one of them by that logic and she only continued to listen as clearly he had a lot he wanted to say or to question. For him it was a question to ask, for her it was  a matter of faith, but she had heard many question faith before, it was something she wasn't bothered with, people had their own beliefs some would listen to others, some would not, that's just how people were.

"I offer zings, bekause I unsurrre what you may need, all I kan do is offer and see if you vish to take it orrr not, you say you like to trrravel light, but you never said to what extent, zat is why I ask, I do not know if yourrr out of any supplies you vould norrrmally karrry and zat ve kould prrrovide, I do not know if you have lost anything due to demons orrr vearrr and tearrr, and sometimes, I know people vill not ask forrr zings bekause zey zink it rrrude to ask, orrr zey do not vith to accept help. Hovever if you arrre zis surrre of not vanting zings, all I kan do is prrreparrre zings and ask zat you take what you need and what you vish to karrry" she said with a kind smile, not upset simply explaining why she, to him,  seemed to be pushing.

"To question of Gods, while zey may not be all poverrrful, zey kan see so much morrre zen people kan, and perrrhaps morrre imporrrtantly do some zings people kannot, as I have said zey look to people to help, if zey see someone is able to do something zemselves, zey vill leave zem as in zese times, zerrre arrre so many to help, if zey find someone zat needs zem zey vill trrry to guide otherrrs to zem, orrr guide one zat needs help to zings orrr people zat kan aid zem, sometimes zough zey arrre unable to do so in time due to how many need zeirrr aid in zese times. What is differrrence betveen zem and perrrson like me? I help who I kan find, but even zen some arrre beyond my help, some rrrefuse it all together, perrrhaps out of prrride, orrr bekause zey feel zey shouldn't take rrresourrrces frrrom otherrrs even if offerrred, orrr forrr many other rrreasons, Gods zough... zey kould give zat perrrson help zey need in forrrm of zem just happening to find zing zey verrre looking forrr... to place it in zeirrr vay when zey searrrch, zings of zat naturrre, but... one shouldn't depend on Gods forrr everrrything, zey have many to help, so if you kan do something yourrrself, it best to trrry to do so, so Gods may help another who may not be as forrrtunate." she said stopping herself from going into a full sermon as if was rather apparent that her guest wouldn't be a fan of such a thing.

He then offered his deal, and she continued to smile and gave a nod "Zat vould be acceptable, while you arrre herrre you have access to everrry rrresourrrce ve have, frrrom food to bath and to any clothing you vith to take, ve velkome you forrr hovever long you vish to stay" she said kindly
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun May 30, 2021 2:27 pm

"...."

Well, he would rather ask questions than just believe in something, because asking was how one learned more information and more about the world. He didn't see blind faith offering him a lot of answers, especially since none of it could be solidly proven. How did you know that anything that happened was the doing of a God? It could be, but it could also not. And he'd rather question and find out what source it came from than make an immediate assumption based on faith. He didn't think he was capable of simply believing because it did not make sense to him. He wouldn't say that Gods did not exist, because maybe they did...and maybe they did do things for people...but, he would not attribute what happened to them without having a good reason to think that it truly was their doing, and not just random happenstance or a result of another person's actions. To him, automatically saying that something was God's work was on the same level as the belief that all demons had to be evil by default. Both were claims that were not based on anything more than a bias of sorts and the limited amount of information available. Sometimes it was true, but that did not mean it was and would always be.

He would shake his head with a faint sigh. He didn't wish to continue this and end up in an accidental argument. "I only have one thing to say to that. I believe that there is a difference between making a solid genuine offer, and acting like it is all your existence and personality revolves around. People might think you have ulterior motives if you overdo it." He had been listening well this whole time, and there was basically not a single moment where she would talk about anything else besides helping people in some way or form. Whether it was her and how she wished to offer and provide, or about the Gods existing to help and provide. And in the end, she didn't really acknowledge his willingness to assist all that much and once again focused on how he was free to accept all her offers. He couldn't lie, it was grinding on him a bit. He understood the desire to be helpful to an extent, but there was such a thing as too much of a good thing, and this woman was making a good example of that so far. It was an extreme that was making him feel uneasy in a way. He wasn't a huge fan of extreme behaviors most of the time, because he generally preferred a more balanced approach to things.

"At any rate, I think we'll have to agree to disagree. While I do not claim that Gods do not exist, for they might as well be there and do things...I cannot fathom blindly believing. Coming across something you happen to need could very well just be a simple coincidence and have nothing to do with divine intervention at all. Thus, I have never seen a need to attribute it to such. Faith is typically a tool for people to feel more safe and to have something to look up to, a belief that they're not alone and there is a chance even in the worst of times. I've always preferred to put more stock in people's hard work and believing in ourselves first and foremost, so to me it's perfectly fine to see random positive happenstances as just that...a stroke of luck perhaps, and certainly not a thing to depend on, no. If it is actually the work of a God, well I'd acknowledge it were said God to step up and confirm it was them. Until then, I see no need." He wouldn't give full trust and respect to a stranger he met without taking some time to get to know them better, so why would he do that to a supposed God? He was far too pragmatic when it came to that.

Hm.

"Regardless, is there anything you wish to ask of me? Because if not, I'll just go find something to occupy myself with." He was actually somewhat curious. She had focused so much on providing things, did she really not care to know anything about him? With the exception of that one moment where she kind of pointed that weapon of hers at him, she had not done anything else that would imply she cared beyond dumping resources off on a stranger in need as he had mostly been the one to ask some questions. And even then, she had been rather quick to drop suspicions.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyMon May 31, 2021 4:12 pm

Helanna smiled as the man spoke his peace, she understood some people needed proof, not everyone could go with Faith alone, "Zat is trrrue, but I just seen you out in deserrrt, vith verrry little, so of kourrrse my firrrst vorrry vas to safety of kamp, and zen to vellbeing of yourrrself" she said to his mention of not letting it be the only thing about you. It clearly was a rather cautionary way to look at things, but given the world as it was now, it made sense as to why he felt that way.

On the note of the Gods she nodded "I have niet prrroblem vith zat, I underrrstand some need prrroof of zings especially in days like zese, yourrr view is kautious one, but it has serrrved you vell to help you get zis farrr, and I vould not ask you to abandon it simply to make you align vith my beliefs" She replied to him as she stood up from her Lean-to for the moment as the things she had gotten ready for him was set there, for him to take what he needed if required when and if he decided to leave.

She then gestured for him to follow if he wished and started heading to the medical area they had set up and she started to look to the health of those there. That's when his question of if she wished to ask him anything came up and she smiled "Vell tell me of what news you have of rrruins so farrr, even if ve may have vanderrred thrrrough same places ve have have done so thrrrough differrrent paths. Perrrhaps you tell me about zat Parrrtner of yourrrs? You have asked about mine after all, and have mentioned you have some means to fight demons. If not zat, zen perrrhaps I may ask verrre you arrre frrrom? As vell as zese other kamps you have mentioned? Points and people of interrrest, orrr perrrhaps zings you have noticed of Demons zat kould be useful in avoiding zem. Orrr perrrhaps do you have some skill such as farrrming? Animal husbandrrry? crrraft perrrhaps? Maybe you have some Hobby? Family perrrhaps? If you vish to ansver any orrr all of zese of kourrrse" she asked, not really sure what to ask at the moment, but she felt asking them and letting him choose what to answer would be fine, she could listen to his answers as she finished quickly seeing to the sick, and making sure they were resting, before once more getting up and walking along the camp gesturing for him to follow.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 03, 2021 3:01 pm

Yet, was she not literally affirming what he just said? Thinking about helping people was by no means the default way of how people's minds worked. There were plenty who wouldn't really bat an eye, or treat it more as a fleeting thought instead of bothering to try so hard to help and protect every person they could. It was definitely a very specific motivation to be focusing on so rigidly.

"Hmm." He would tilt his head slightly. "I do not think it is my view that helped me get where I am." Personally, Retuo was of the opinion that whether he believed in Gods or not made no difference, because if Gods were there and did help people...they would do so regardless of who believed and who didn't and were her words anything to go by then the person who did believe wasn't automatically more likely to be helped seeing as Gods apparently helped those who needed it more. If they did not exist, then it mattered none the same because neither believers nor non-believers would be getting any actual help. One way or another, what he thought changed nothing, and that was ultimately how he was going to treat the whole debacle in the end. "I do not really understand you however. On one hand, you go all out talking about the importance of help, how we can choose to help others and talk at length on faith and beliefs, yet when questioned you're quick to claim you don't care whether others listen to you and follow what you tell them or not. Then, why be so insistent on constantly emphasising your kindness at all? Do you or do you not care as to what people do?" To him, it felt kind of pointless to keep prattling on about a subject and keep driving the point in from all the different angles if you were truly so fine with the person not paying it heed and doing it their own way instead. Why not just leave it be once you were told that they weren't interested? Unless of course, deep down you did actually hope that they'd eventually change their mind in some way.

Regardless, he would follow her for now, mostly watching silently from a slight distance outside of responding to the conversation they had going on. "By ruins, I presume you mean this entire surface area? I can't say there is a lot to talk about most of the time. I have recently met one other group however, but I wouldn't really call them a camp. Their situation is kind of forced, since their Vault was attacked by demons and taken down, leaving them out there on short notice." He'd sigh. "Regardless, my 'partner' as you like to put it, probably isn't of the kind you'd like." People tended to not like Demons by default, and someone who spoke this highly of religion probably did even less. He didn't feel like going down that road without caution. Honestly, anything demon related was often a touchy topic out here in general, probably....
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyFri Jun 04, 2021 8:25 pm

As he spoke she smiled to him and even as he questioned her she nodded "I believe you arrre konfused slightly, da I talk of my Faith and my beliefs, and I tell people zem, and do I karrre if people listen? of kourrrse I do, hovever I kannot change if zey decide to not to, if someone doesn't do what I do, orrr doesn't believe what I believe what good vould it do to get angrrry? to get sad? And while you say I konstantly emphasizing my kindness, you have been asking me questions about said Belief's and my actions, zen what ansverrrs vould you expect to hearrr? Arrre you simply asking same questions bekause you zink zerrre must be some motive other zen me vishing to have people surrrvive? It feels like you arrre hoping to hearrr I have some Nefarrrious motive orrr zat I expect to gain something out of it. I shall have to disappoint you zough and likely you vill feel dissatisfied as you seem to not like Idea, whether zat is trrrue orrr not I kannot say, While I kan't forrrce people to change orrr to karrre, I kan simply vorrrk harrrder to make surrre zat people zat I kan help and vish to have zat help, kan get zat help" she said with that same kind smile.

That calm warm smile was still on her face, she has had to defend her faith before, by people more belligerent then her current guest, his words didn't phase her, he had his own beliefs and that was okay. "I do not kall all surrrface rrruins, I have seen places zat arrre still in okay kondition, not like old days zough, I meant morrre rrruins of Parrris" she said to clarify. Though on hearing of the camp and their situation she nodded slightly, "I see.. I should get some supplies together forrr zem.. put zem to side forrr now.. likely I vill have to lokate zem firrrst to set something up... vould you mind telling me wherrre zey arrre?" she asked as she looked over the things they had.

Though when he mentioned his partner wasn't anything he thought she would like, she looked back to him, her eyes going over him a moment, the only thing she could think of was the fact that Cherry had her arm, she was a mutant or something like, but it also let her survive, so this man was like that? Maybe that's how they knew each other? Ether way as long as it meant Cherry at least knew more people willing to talk to her, she smiled once more "I see.. so zen you arrre like Cherrry? Vell as long as you do not use it to harrrm people zat mean you niet harrrm, zen I vill velkome you to kamp whenever you vish to visit, and I vill help you if you need it whether it be vith supplies, orrr aid vith Demons" she said with a welcoming smile.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 6:44 pm

It was true that he did not 'like' the idea, though his reasons for it were a bit more complicated perhaps. While there indeed were people who were willing to be this kind seemingly without ulterior motives, Retuo didn't believe that was true. There was always some reason behind a person's choice of actions, and it didn't have to be a 'nefarious' one as she put it either...so that wasn't what he was seeking necessarily. There were plenty more innocent options, such as believing it was the right thing to carry out God's will for example. People held onto beliefs for a reason, and he found it hard to accept the idea that there wouldn't be something more driving a person to act like this to the extent she was.

"People are no saints. Almost everyone expects something in return for what they do, whether they say so or not. Are you perfectly happy with the possibility of dying as a martyr without any acknowledgment for what you did, for example? You say there is no need to ever get angry or sad, but if absolutely nobody cared to be thankful for what you did, would you still have it in you to claim that?" He would tilt his head with a low hum. "I suppose what I'm really asking here is, what made you believe that this is what you should be doing with your life, without even asking for anything in return ever? Nobody sets out on a path for no reason." And to try so hard to be this kind, there had to be something. It wasn't quite natural to be that selfless, and it could even be a glaring weakness if taken too far. Personally, as much as he tried to not get pushy with people, he would not be able to deny that he did get angry or feel things when people acted in ways he didn't approve of. He rarely acted on it, but he was by no means emotionless in the face of all things despite how it could appear...and he didn't think it was normal to be, which was in part why this attitude of constant niceness and smiles in response to everything felt a bit off to him. People put on faces and lied a lot after all. Even to themselves sometimes.

"Highrise. Although, they are planning to move sometime soon to get out of the harsh conditions, so I cannot guarantee you anything." Actually preparing stuff and then making a trek with a camp did take time, and for all that was worth if she was the only one in her camp capable of standing up against a demon attack...he would assume that she couldn't actually travel that carelessly. Were it that easy, the group at Highrise would too pack up and move within a day without any help from anyone else. A regular person could help with some things, but against demons that was a very different matter. Most of the time, all one could do is run and hope they didn't get caught and trapped. In any case, he would raise a brow at her when she mentioned Cherry. "Ah...perhaps? I think she and I are not quite the same though. She doesn't seem entirely aware of some things..." He figured that the girl's arm was of demonic origin so in that sense they were probably the same, yet the way she spoke of demons and some of her opinions...it felt like she didn't actually know of the nature of her condition.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 06, 2021 7:25 pm

Helanna listened to her rebuttal, it seemed he was determined to believe that everyone needed to have to want to get something out of their actions, that was okay, perhaps he would change his mind, perhaps he wouldn't that wasn't something she could control, though he then asked about Martyrdom, about being forgotten if this was all taken for granted. Then he changed his question as to why she felt this was what she was meant to do, it was strange, the man couldn't accept the answers she already gave, and so he seemed to keep asking the same questions but in different ways, as if trying to catch her in a lie, but she simply smiled.

"What made me believe zis is what I should do vith my life? you say niet one does anything forrr niet rrreason, vell I do not do zis to be rrrememberrred, I do not do zis to be zanked, if zat vas all I vas doing zis forrr, do you zink I vould get zis farrr? Self Grrratifikation is poorrr foundations forrr such underrrtaking, it harrrd vorrrk, it konstant vorrrk" she said with a smile as she looked around the camp was doing quite well but it could always be better. She then looked back to him "You may not like my ansver,, but I just do it.. but if you must have ansver to satisfy yourrr views zen I vill ansver zat I do it forrr zem, so zat zey kan surrrvive, so zat zey kan feel hope again. Zough zat vouldn't be trrrue... I just do it.. bekause..." she said with that kind smile on her face.

Hearing the location of the Camp she nodded "I see I vas in zat arrrea rrrecently, but if zey arrre getting rrready to leave I should trrry to make kontact once I see to safety of kamp, zank you forrr telling me" She started to think of supplies they may need, just to have some things prepped, she wouldn't take it with her of course, if they were moving soon it would slow her down to try to gather that and carry it all now, first was making contact with them, and then after that finding out what they would need.

On the Topic of Cherry he mentioned they were not quite alike, that was obvious her Mutation was quite apparent, while he seemed to have one that was clearly less so, "Vell.. I surrre you kan help her underrrstand zose zing, I vorrry forrr zat child, zough I glad I vas able to give her zings she needed, if you see her please rrremind her she velkome herrre whenever she vants to visit, ve vill be moving to Glass fields later, so she kould find us zerrre" she said with a motherly smile "How vas she doing when you seen her by vay?" she asked hopeful he would let her know
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyMon Jun 07, 2021 5:38 pm

"..." He would look off to the side with a frown. The constant smile regardless of what she was saying was starting to honestly feel uncomfortable for him. That said, he was asking his questions for a reason, even though she probably wouldn't understand why. "Huh...and doing something 'just because' is a more solid foundation in your eyes then?" No, of course he wouldn't say that doing something purely for the sake of self gratification was the best way to go about it, because in many cases it was not. However, to not be able to give any good reason beside an obviously made up one seeing as she even confirmed so immediately after...how exactly was that a foundation at all? To be doing something just to 'do it' was something he'd sooner expect out a puppet or robot of some sort, not out of a person. There was simply something disturbing about it, although perhaps that was just him.

Nevertheless, he would remain mostly quiet on the topic of what she'd do in regards to the people over at Highrise. "Mm." It was probably best for him to not get involved in that further for now, even if only because he had his own ways of doing things, and he had a feeling he wouldn't be able to stick around this camp for long. When it came to Cherry however, he'd find himself shaking his head a little, a somewhat solemn expression on his face as he crossed his arms over his chest. "If she truly doesn't recall...it may be better for her to not know. I hadn't asked for her exact age, but she seems to be on the younger side still. I do not think it'd be right of me to force her to understand all of that unless she were to show true interest herself." It wasn't exactly the same as teaching someone a bunch of new information, considering what it involved. "I'd say she's fine enough, going by her typical high spirited attitude..." Well, from what he could discern at least. They were quite different types of people after all.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 3:26 pm

"Sometimes people do zings zat ve vill not underrrstand. Perrrhaps ve vill never underrrstand what drrrives someone... maybe zat perrrson doesn't even know zemselves why zey have decided to to what zey arrre doing, sometimes people may never say rrreasons zey have, orrr perrrhaps rrreasons arrre deeply perrrsonal, to point zey vill not tell perrrson zat zey have just met. Especially when said perrrson seems somewhat unkomforrrtable orrr highly disagrrreeable vith zat perrrson's perrrsonal views. At Same time, zerrre is only so many times perrrson kan give ansver zey arrre komforrrtable vith giving strrranger while being konstantly asked same question in differrrent vays as if zey verrre being interrrogated by zat strrranger" she said with that gentle tone, she wasn't angry, there was no reason to be angry, she simply wanted to highlight what the man had been doing.

Though as he spoke on Cherry she smiled and nodded "As one zat is morrre experrrienced in zis situation, I vill leave zat kall up to you, Zough I vill look after Cherrry whenever she visits, but zank you forrr letting me know how she vas doing when you last seen her... I should prrreparrre some zings forrr her forrr when she visits, as vell as some materrrials to teach her if she askes... she verrry kurrrious and seems interrrested in zings, which is alvays good zing when it komes to learrrning. It vas good to see zat someone so eager to learrrn, her visit enkourrraged many of other young and some of older memberrrs to vant to learrrn" she said with a smile as a girl ran up and spoke to her in Russian.

"Мисс. Ужин готов. Мисс." she said as she smiles to the visitor.

"Спасибо, малышка. Я скоро приеду" she said back as the child then nodded and headed off and Helanna looked at Retuo "Supper is done, vill you be joining us?" she asked with that kind smile.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 4:59 pm

Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 TW9BTsN

"I am aware of that. However...if that is truly the case here, perhaps you should have simply been forthright and said so. I'm no psychic, and as long as all you do is smile and show or say nothing that would indicate you have reasons for not wishing to answer, I cannot know. I won't stop you for blaming me, of course, but I do think that sometimes honesty is the best policy." He'd shake his head lightly. He liked to question, that much could not be denied. It was one of the best ways to analyze and learn after all. Unfortunately for her, he had very little natural empathetic ability, therefore it was nearly impossible for him to somehow make the guess that she was actually unhappy or bothered by his questioning. Especially when she made it a point to not show any visible cues and constantly had a smile plastered on her face instead. He couldn't read that. Sure, he had a feeling that there was more behind it because nobody's mood was stuck in one mode permanently, but with her giving him next to nothing to go on neither with her expression nor her tone or choice of words, it was hard. Sometimes it was actually useful to see a person get angry or speak more directly.

"...." He'd sigh. "I'm not sure I can claim that much expertise. I know what it is, but everyone's personal experience is different." Even just the fact that the girl still seemed unaware after learning to use her powers already pointed to something being different. He didn't think he'd be able to be clueless considering how his companion was behaving. Which meant her situation was different from his in some way, and that made it difficult for him to make many assumptions on what the best decision was. Ah well. "What is it that you're teaching her though, if I may ask?" The girl seemed a bit all over the place and fairly impatient and easily distracted, so it was slightly odd to imagine her pausing to study for very long.

"Hmm..." He would tilt his head with a faint frown. "Do I have to sit with the crowd...?"
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyTue Jun 08, 2021 8:59 pm

"You say I haven't said anything, hovever how vas I to know you vould kontinue to question same zing rrrepeatedly till zis point? Hovever you arrre wrrrong in zinking I blaming you, I simply inforrrming you now as you have asked I do" she said with that smile still on her face, and while he may think it was fake, it really was genuine, she had no reason to be mad at him, he didn't know when to stop asking is all, and she should have been more forward about telling him to stop, so really there was no fault simple misunderstand and mishandling of the situation.

Going back to Cherry though she nodded "Vell any aid you kan give her niet doubt vould be helpful to her, but again zat is all up to you, forrr my parrrt I vill do what I kan to help her. As forrr what I teaching her, she vas interrrested in my language, and about Gods, as vell as some other zings I have knowledge of, I zought it best to teach her languages firrrst zough. As forrr meal if you vish to eat alone you may after food is serrrved, niet one is forrrced to stay to eat vith grrroup" she said kindly as they walked to the eating area and everyone was seated and waiting to be served. it was all very orderly

Helanna Walked to the large pot and placed her hands over it "Ve zank Gods forrr prrrotecting zose ve kan't and to helping zose ve kan't, Ve zank efforrrts of zose herrre forrr tasks zey do to help us all surrrvive, And ve ask Gods to Vatch over us all, zose vith us and zose not vith us" as she finished the simple prayer she then started to serve everyone, It was a porridge like stew and as she finished serving everyone, she handed the second last bowl to Retuo before getting the last of the stew into her own bowl, which amounted to just under half the portion that everyone, including Retuo had gotten.
Back to top Go down
Retuo
Admin
Retuo

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptyThu Jun 10, 2021 2:26 pm

"I'm not necessarily saying I think you are. I just mean that you could if you wanted to." He wouldn't have truly minded, in all honesty. He did not tend to see that as a sign of a person being mad, unless they were displaying other cues pointing towards that. It was very much possible to offer some sort of criticism without any sort of anger being involved. Regardless, he would find himself huffing quietly when she spoke about helping. "In my opinion, it is not always that simple. Trying to help someone can sometimes push a person down the wrong path if the method used is not chosen carefully." Not all kinds of aid were equal, and he would rather make sure he was about to do the right thing before diving in and possible make it worse by being hasty. Especially since the matter that was in question here could be a rather sensitive one to handle. "Is that not the hardest thing to try to teach? Especially if she spends most of the time away and doesn't even get constant exposure to said language." A new language wasn't picked up that easily, was it now? Besides, Retuo would have thought that to be one of the less useful skills out here. Speaking a language basically next to nobody did wouldn't aid in making your life easier.

That being said, he would offer no comment to the whole prayer thing, because it was frankly better for him to not say anything all things considered. Same went for the food distribution, as he simply didn't find it worth speaking up for the time being. "...." He would keep silent, eventually finding himself standing just a bit off to the side from most of the people, poking at the food. It was probably apparent enough that he wasn't trying to eat too much of it, for whatever reason.
Back to top Go down
Sosina

Sosina

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 EmptySun Jun 13, 2021 8:11 pm

She nodded to him "Vell zen if you believe zat zen I vill leave it at zat, but as I said I vill give her any help she rrrequirrres and zat I able to prrrovide, as zat is best I kan do, and someone to listen to zeirrr prrroblems is alvays grrreat help as vell" she said simply as she left it at that. Though when he asked about why a language she looked to him again.

"Zat's easy to ansver, I have grrreat deal of books vith me to help teach her zings, hovever zey arrre in Gerrrman and RRRussian, her learrrning what is in zose books, as vell as learrrning to rrread in generrral, vill help her out grrreatly, it's same rrreason I learrrning Frrrench frrrom people in kamp, so zat I may Teach Cherrry how to rrread zat as vell, zen I kan teach her even morrre zings frrrom zerrre. It may seem useless now, but vith all options it opens up, it's foundation zat kan't be ignorrred" It was true she herself was just learning to read French, and speaking it was likely out for a while, but still she was learning and she was going to teach Cherry, this would free people up that are teaching her, to teach others, after all as they teach her she is teaching them things as well.

After the food was distributed Helanna sat and spoke with quite a few people during the meal, eventually though as they stopped asking her help with things, or talking with her, or the previous watchers giving reports she excused herself and walked over to Retuo "Is food not to yourrr liking?" she asked kindly
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cooldown Time [Helanna]   Cooldown Time [Helanna] - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Cooldown Time [Helanna]
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next